Transit (Offworlders RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Divinegon2130

Re: Snoring

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:34 pm

Kanariel, meanwhile, had just woken up. She was NOT feeling very well - the combination of a bad night of sleeping, a rocking boat, and not being used to the sea was taking its toll on her.

She stumbled out of her cabin and leaned slightly over the side of the boat. She was going to puke, but she couldn't somehow, simply feeling extremely nauseous.

Not good for her, that was for certain.

Spleen
I put a BOMB inside EVERY BAD GUY!

Look, new emoticons! Hey Idran, look who it is!

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:10 pm

Jex nodded. "Well, it's kind of complicated really...um...basically, one end of it shoots out heat and energy, which makes the boat it's connected to move the other way. Sort of like backlash after casting a powerful spell, except more controlled. Basically I'll put one in the back, facing out so the ship can move forward. I'll also have to add two more, one on each side, so the ship can maneuver easily, too." Jex noticed Kanariel dry-heaving over the side of the boat, far enough away that she couldn't hear their conversation. He crossed over to her. "You all right? Well, of course you're not if you're almost puking your guts out. I suppose we'll get used to it soon...or we'll regurgitate a vital organ and die a slow and painful death. Actually I've never seen it happen, but it would be an interesting sight."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Hey, it's me! Yey!

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:52 pm

"Ah, a controlled recoil. It must work similarly to those weapons I saw Kamos with once, but rather than the explosion providing the force, the recoil does. But what keeps them from ripping part of the ship away? Or are they not that strong?"

Spleen

Re: Hey, it's me! Yey!

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:28 pm

"Well, it pushes the ship, and unless I turn out seriously mistaken in my calculations, it won't be strong enough to break through the hull."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Jan 08, 2003 10:50 pm

"Interesting. I can't wait to see this work. Do you mind if I watch while you build this device? It could be interesting."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Jan 08, 2003 11:34 pm

Kanariel looked for a moment at Jex. "...just nauseated. I'm not used to the sea, and strangely enough, I'm TRYING to puke so that, hopefully, I'll feel better."

And it was true - from her experiences, vomiting worked well to relieve nausea, at least until it came again.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:07 am

"Sure, Idran...you can watch. It'll take some time though."
After Kanariel's comment, "Yeah, that's my puke staining the side of the boat over there. I know how you feel."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:01 am

"Thanks. Whenever you're ready, I'll be on deck, seeing if I can help the Captain."

Idran leaves, and speaks to the Captain when he gets to the main deck.

"Ah, Captain, I was wondering if you could use my help. I have a bit of experience at navigation, both chart and stellar, if you could use me."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:32 am

Raymond turned from the wheel to grin at Idran. "Normally, I would need some help," he said, "But Jex gave me this thing to help me navigate...it's amazing." He dug his hand into his coat and pulled out a small peice of electronics. "See? It shows us what latitude and longitude we're at. Jex called it a 'Geepee-ess.'"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Jan 10, 2003 11:40 am

"Hmm...I see. These devices of his are quite fascinating. Well anyway, I do have experience in other areas as well. If there's anything else you could use assistance in, just ask."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Fri Jan 10, 2003 10:55 pm

Ray glanced at Idran and grinned. "Nothing right now, but if something comes up I'll be sure to give you a call."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:47 am

"Hmm...OK then."

Having nothing else to do, Idran decides to stay here and look out over the ocean.

(Edit/OOC: Bump! This was revived once, it can be again!)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=idran1701>Idran1701</A] at: 1/24/03 9:35:23 pm

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Jan 25, 2003 4:42 pm

(*bump* Hey Spleen, you have two good RPers and yourself, and this has some potential. The character interaction was nice, but why don't you introduce a little action to the RP to speed it along a bit?)

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Jan 25, 2003 11:00 pm

(OMG DIA POSTED ON MY RP! IT'S BLESSED!

Yeah, I would've jumpstarted it, but technically I'm not supposed to be within twenty feet of my comp, so it's veeeery hard to run an RP. However, I am currently at a friend's house, so I shall post from his iMac, which I am convinced is an avatar of Gruumsh, Chaotic Evil God Of Orcs from Dungeons and Dragons. I hate Macintosh.)

Jex was scanning the ship to determine how the engine should be built. He was just beginning to gauge the hull's strength when a beep sounded from the other end of his cabin. He lurched with the ship's movement to his console and checked what was wrong. "Blue flaming hell..."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:30 am

(OOC: Sorry for the delay between posts. Horrible, horrible irony, I guess.)

Unsuspecting of whatever it is Jex has picked up, Idran continues his seaward gaze.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:23 pm

Jex dashed down the deck, almost falling over from the ship's movement. "Captain!" he yelled. Raymond looked up from the wheel.

"What is it?" the ragged man asked.

Jex stopped and caught his breath. "My computer's picked up an atmospheric disturbance that is most likely going to lead to the most violent storm this area has had in at least five years. The storm's gonna be large enough that there's not going to be time to escape from its area even with the warning."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Jan 30, 2003 2:50 am

Luckily, Idran was still standing nearby, watching the seas.

"How soon until it gets here? From the sound of it, we'll probably need to start preparing the ship now as best we can. You know, I thought it looked oddly calm right now."

In his time, he had been through a few storms. However, from the sounds of it, this is nothing like what he had survived before.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:52 am

(Erm... sorry for not posting in so long.)

Kanariel was still leaning slightly over the boat's side, feeling ill, when she heard about the incoming storm. With what she knew about storms, she knew that it was best for her NOT to be leaning over the side of anything, even so slightly as she was, during a storm.

Thus, she backed away from the side of the boat, trying to think about something that wouldn't make her sick. Maybe taking her mind off nausea would help.

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:52 pm

Jex shrugged. "Any time from now to about two hours. Captain, tell the sailors to do whatever it is sailors do to defend against this, all right?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sat Feb 08, 2003 4:14 am

"And my offer of assistance still stands. It sounds like you'll definitely need it now."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:47 am

Raymond nodded. "Right. Idran, do you have a spell to make your voice heard all over this ship? If you do, tell the men to get ready for a big storm. Jex, is there any way you can stop this?"
Jex shook his head and stared at the clear sky. "Not with the equipment I have on Gaera. This would be a peice of cake on Infar, I'd just manipulate the weather with one of my satellites."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Feb 09, 2003 1:24 pm

"Not with me, no, but I can...you could do what? Never mind, no time for that now. I can't spread my voice, but I can do this. Super Sprint!"

With that, Idran seems to be covered in a purple aura. He runs off at high speed, leaving a streak behind him, and stopping at each sailor to tell them to begin making preparations for the storm. When complete, he returns to the captain.

"I think that's everyone. What now?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Feb 19, 2003 7:38 pm

Jex glanced at the sky. Clouds were beginning to roll in. "I'll do what I can," he said. "Idran...do you know any spells that can affect weather? Or make a giant shield? Or something?"

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:54 am

"I'm sorry, but I'm a cosmic mage. Basically all of my spells relate to space or time, and the few that don't are quite weak. Even with the spells in my specialty, I've spent more time the past few years searching for utility spells than increasing my power. I don't have anything to defend us, and I don't think dropping a large rock into a storm works very well."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:24 pm

Jex laughed. "Well if you drop a rock on the ship, at least we won't be around to worry about the storm."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:41 pm

(OOC: Sorry it's been so long since I posted, but I actually forgot about this. Also, I'll edit this if Div isn't in the RP anymore, since it has been so long.)

"Well, what about the other member of our little group? Kanariel, I believe her name was?"

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:21 pm

Kanariel had been thinking whether having come was a good idea when Idran mentioned her.

Turning to Idran, she said, "I honestly don't know. It's been a long time since I've dared to concern myself with any of my magic...."

She was trying to remember. A lot of her magic was rather destructive, and none of it affected weather, but she remembered one spell that she had used defensively in the past. If she manipulated it a little bit... it was a gamble she had to take.

"...but I could attempt its use." She waited to see whether Jex and Idran would approve.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:36 pm

"Well, if there is some sort of danger involved in casting this spell, as you seem to imply, then we should probably know more beforehand. I mean, I'm sure there's some reason why you haven't used magic in some time. Is there a risk involved?"

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:11 pm

"Not exactly a risk, but..." Kanariel tried to remember what it was. Then the thought came to her.

"My magic tends to be of a very chaotic nature. I remember having a sort of defensive spell I used on occasion, but I'm not sure if I'll remember the right chants for it. And even if I use the right chants, I don't know if I'll be able to shield the entire ship, nor will I know how strong the shield will be."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:03 pm

"Well, any shielding should be better than none at all. What do you mean by a chaotic nature, though? It is controllable, isn't it?"

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Mar 03, 2003 10:46 pm

Kanariel was a bit surprised by this statement. "Well, I'm able to control casting the spell itself... it's just that I have no control over how strong it is."

Kanariel then closed her eyes for about three seconds before opening them again. She had been concerning her subconscious mind to try and remember the spell incantations.

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Tue Mar 04, 2003 1:00 pm

Seeing that Kanariel is distracted right now, Idran begins talking to himself quietly, forming a plan.

"Hmm...If the shield is strong enough to block a storm of this strength, and assuming the size is also variable, there could be a chance it would go through a crewmember. However, since this is our only way to last through the storm...hmm...we could gather everyone in as small of an area as possible, around Kanariel and near the center of the ship..."

He then speaks up suddenly, towards the Captain.

"Captain, what room is closest to the center of the ship?"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=idran1701>Idran1701</A] at: 3/4/03 12:01:19 pm

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Tue Mar 04, 2003 10:46 pm

Raymond shook his head. "I know what you're thinking, Idran, and it won't work. Frankly, we run a better chance of surviving this with all the crewmen trying their damndest to keep the ship together. What's the point of being safe in a magic shield if the ship is sunk?"
A few drops of rain started hitting the planks of the ship. Jex glanced around then up at the clouds rolling in.

"It begins."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Wed Mar 05, 2003 3:56 am

"I guess you're right, but I'd hate to think that crewmembers would be unnecessarily harmed. I was mainly hoping that the shield would be large enough to surround the ship, but I didn't want to risk crewmembers being caught outside it if it wasn't. Ah, well. Jex, does your device tell you how long it will take to pass over?"

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:03 pm

Jex shook his head. "No. There's no way I'd be able to tell. We'll just have to wait it out."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Mar 05, 2003 10:52 pm

Kanariel was considering whether she would be able to cast the spell over a sufficient area when the rain came. She knew she had to hurry if she was going to do anything at all.

Turning to Idran, she said, "Do you still suggest I try it? Because we don't have much time to decide."

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Thu Mar 06, 2003 12:04 am

"As long as you're sure it can surround the ship, and the Captain agrees, I'd say we should at least try. It's our best bet to survive through this storm."

Spleen

Unread postby Spleen » Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:18 pm

The captain nodded. "Anything to save my ship and my crew."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:31 pm

Upon hearing the Captain, Kanariel moved a bit closer to the center of the ship.

"All right, I'm going to need complete concentration, so make sure no one tries to disturb me while I do this." After saying that much, Kanariel began to concentrate on the shielding spell she had known for some time but hadn't used much until now.

(OOC: A shielding spell, designed to protect the whole ship. How effective it is should be determined randomly. Also, she has to concentrate in order for it to work, so if anything seriously disrupts her concentration, the shield goes down.)

Idran1701
None some call is air am

Unread postby Idran1701 » Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:45 am

Idran decides to stand watch at the door after hearing this, to make sure no one comes in and interrupts the spellcasting. Although he can't see the sky from where he is standing, he can hear the wind start to blow against the ship.

"I hope this spell works..."

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs