Saga 1: Riunnoc's Challenge (Closed)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Jak Snide

No sleep for 39 hours = little energy for RP....

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Jan 18, 2003 5:48 pm

Kilra looked at him blankly.

"But you did give your name though."

Elementalist Daien

Re: Saga 1: Riunnoc's Challenge (Closed)

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:08 pm

"Oh yeah... I never did tell you, or did I...?"

D replied, shaking his head.

Could have sworn I did

Nekogami

Welcome to Mist Village, Baron!

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Jan 19, 2003 10:58 am

It was the early morning in the small village of Mist. Indeed there was a light blanket of the white dew on the ground. Lazily snaking it's way through the streets, ushered along by the light breeze. The air was cool and slightly chill though the still sleepy sun did it's best to warm the air and the Baronians. Shutters were being opened, bed sheets aired out. Men readied themselves for a long day of work to be rewarded by a loving family and a warm home.

So quiet was this town that Kilra and D saw a couple of rabbits hop past along the road. In front of them past a copse of trees was the entrance and exit to the city. To their right was a little courtyard where a few villagers were starting to put up shop.

Shiranai

Unread postby Shiranai » Sun Jan 19, 2003 1:44 pm

Corantir fnished his song on a long steady note, and then put his tin flute away. Retrieving his share of things on the table, he searched through them silently, walking over to the doorway. He observed his new possessions and the village around him. "Hm...a good start."

Jak Snide

Roit.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:43 pm

The appearance of rivvil from their homes was one of the first things that caught Kilra's eye as the town came to life. She knew that Doma City was a place almost any race could go by un hassled, but her expectations of everywhere else was far less optimistic. She drew the hood of her cloak up and over her head, so that her face was obscured to any who gave her a passing glance.

"Never told me what?" she asked, casting a cautious glance to her right.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jan 20, 2003 2:17 pm

D waved his hand around and looked upwards

"Me losing my name? D being just something I made up for myself?"

Jak Snide

Uups

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jan 20, 2003 2:57 pm

The memory of the conversation they'd had all those months ago hit Kilra like a brick to the head.

"Ooooh! What, you're still upset over that? So what if they took your original name, anyway? I bet it's not as nice as D, anyway. People don't get mixed up trying to say it."

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:15 pm

"Hmm. It's not that, it's just that I get kinda ... Well, you know. I'm not always upset about it, but still...

And what's what about people getting confused trying to say it?" D grinned here

"Had problems yourself, Kilraianjja, Hero of Gunnir?" He said, razzing the drow.

Jak Snide

Re: Uups

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:45 pm

"Drow doesn't roll so easily off a rivvil tongue as common does." she replied quickly, grinning at her significant other.

"Anyway, we have a quest to get down to, don't we?"

She cast a glance back into the building, to see if any of the others were coming out.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:24 pm

D gave an annoyed look, and crossed his arms, giving a sideways glance towards Kilra.

"Yes, we do. And I know who to 'thank' for it. You know, I just hope this doesn't take long. It's been so long since I spent a while with you, and look what happens.."

Jak Snide

Re: Uups

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:31 pm

"Yes, it seems that fate doesn't like us spending time together unless we're undertaking some adventure, doesn't it?"

She smiled back at D, doing her best to ease his disgruntled state.

"And when this is all over, I swear we'll spend some time together, without some diabolical villain launching energy bolts at us."

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:34 pm

D's reply was quick and not new.

"That's pretty much what you said a few hours ago."

Jak Snide

Back and forth again...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:46 pm

"Yeah...well...erm..."

Kilra's lack of forethought had led her foot into her mouth. Again.

"I'm sorry, but the entire notion of a grand adventure got me excited, and I couldn't refuse. But I promise promise that after this we'll spend some quiet time together, and this I swear on my hero...er, heroine's honor."

She was trying to sound as sincere as she could be, since she truly meant what she said. The small grammatical error probably didn't help, and she scolded herself on not finding out that hero had a feminine version until after she'd got the medal made.

Edited by: Jak Snide  Image at: 1/20/03 3:48:25 pm

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:52 pm

D laughed.

"Sure, sure. Just watch out, I wouldn't like to be the one that dies in the story, you know. I don't like that part, really." He was obviously referencing the Final Fantasy Chronicles here, but, obviously, dying is not fun.

Jak Snide

Re: Back and forth again...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:08 pm

"You should know the love of the heroine never dies!" she said, grinning and ruffling his hair a little, rather enjoying it's new length.

"Anyway, do you have any idea who could help us around here. That unicorn was pretty unspecific as to where we'd find these evil creatures..."

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:14 pm

D shrugged

"I know as much as you do, I'm afraid. Or maybe even less, as the case may be. I don't know, maybe one of the others would know better?"

Nekogami

I guess D and Kilra are the main chars...

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:23 pm

A lone grey horse ambled through the unguarded gates of Mist Village. It was a large horse, perhaps a draft, with a black face. The horse went largely unnoticed by the villagers and walked up to D and Kilra, tossing it's head a little.

Jak Snide

Well, unless the other characters take a more active part...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:09 pm

"Ah yes, of course. There's *always* someone to give the exposition on the immediate task at hand."

She looked at the horse expectantly, knowing it wasn't wise to speak to a horse in public. People might think, y'know, she was a little crazy or something. Then it clicked. She focuses her mind...

"Hello?" she "asked," although she was merely thinking the word in her mind.

Nekogami

Re: I guess D and Kilra are the main chars...

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:08 pm

You catch on quickly.....Master Ruinnoc has certainly picked a wise on in this drow. I am Miiam, your guide, to Poppione's Barrow. Miiam sniffed Kilra and gave her a welcom nudge on the cheek.

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Re: I guess D and Kilra are the main chars...

Unread postby WillBaseton » Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:17 pm

Shina looked up, falling out of her "trance". She then stepped out of her room and walked outside, holding the bag she took.

"Uh...Kilra? Sorry to interrupt, but why are you standing out there? You could've told me you were leaving."

Shina's tail swished, not sure if she was wanted in this conversation or not.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=willbaseton>WillBaseton</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/20/03 8:05:48 pm

Nekogami

--GM-y Stuff--

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:48 pm

[edit] Problem fixed

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A] at: 1/20/03 8:07:37 pm

Shiranai

I suppose Corantir will play supporting role.

Unread postby Shiranai » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:33 pm

"Right then. I suppose we are ready to begin the first stretch of our journey. I feel very well rested, and my mind is clear and tranquil...In fact, perhaps we should go before my mind starts wandering through codpieces and that...all girl...flutist group...err..." Clearing his throat, he shiftily positioned himself away from them.

Nekogami

We'll just leave the slackers

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:45 am

Miiam tossed his head in a nod. Then let us go then. We have much land to cover and you must have questions that need answering. As long as you are with me, you'll find your needs of hunger and thirst will be sated, and though you will sleep at my side an hour will as 8. Miiam turned and started to walk slowly off.

WillBaseton

Re: I suppose Corantir will play supporting role.

Unread postby WillBaseton » Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:52 am

Shina looked a bit puzzled at the horse's telepathy.

"Uh...Kilra? Mr. Corantir? Are we following the horse...?"

Her tail swished and she began to follow Kilra.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Re: We'll just leave the slackers

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Jan 21, 2003 12:33 pm

Shada joined them outside, taking the money bag with her since no one else seemed to have picked the thing up. Honestly, the things people forget!

She looked from her new comrades to the horse walking away, and sighed. She liked horses and all, but this was getting rediculous!

"We leaving yet?"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:12 pm

"Hey! Wait for me dammit!" D said, picking up his pace after the confusion at being told to follow a horse.

A HORSE.

... A horse.

"This is stupid. I mean, can't you take on some better form if you're magical stuff and all that? This is embarassing."

WillBaseton

Re: We'll just leave the slackers

Unread postby WillBaseton » Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:22 pm

"We were sent on this quest by a unicorn, Mr. D. Remember that."

Shina laughed a bit.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:29 pm

Miiam chuckled. So bright.....so amazing. I never cease to find wonderment in the creatures called humans and they're kindred folk. This is my preferred form, young D. If you would prefer to have someone ride me, if it would make a difference, I would not mind. But I do think that the other humans would take shock to see a magical unicorn of the Sumarann.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:35 pm

"And I amazed too that a magical creature like you did not use my real name."

D tried "sending" his thoughts to the unicorn, but doubted it would work much...

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:39 pm

I don't know you name other than what you use. I am no deity and I do not scry the minds of creatures unwilling. My master has observed you and what you are called by your peers is what he shall call you, and thus myself. Is that not fair....D?

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:36 pm

D shook his head, surprised (slightly) at the reply from her.

Yes. Very respectable of you not to do it. If you're so interested in humans, you'd probably know that most would use everything to their own means, regardless of what it does to others...

D glared at nowhere. The name of the village. A taint on them. His being with a dark elf and practicing curses would only "prove" it further. But to hell with them.

He held his head in a hand. He had to get over it. It's been three years, after all...

Jak Snide

Gah, fcuking modem...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:30 pm

Kilra looked back and forth between D and Miiam, wandering what the two of them had been "talking" about. She was smart enough to recognise the signs that two beings were communicating with thought.

"Hey, D, what's Miiam saying?"

WillBaseton

Unread postby WillBaseton » Tue Jan 21, 2003 4:46 pm

Shina mewed, then subconsciously batted at Miiam's tail. Not realizing she was yet again acting like a cat in human, Shina began talking.

"Um...D? Kilra? Are you guys ignoring me?"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:30 pm

Too busy and interested in the speaking with a unicorn about so many things, D didn't quite pay attention to either of the two girls...

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Hey!

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:39 pm

She growled to herself, summarily ignored, and left behind if she hadn't started running to catch up. This quest was starting off fairly lousy in her oppinion.

When she caught up to them, she slowed and caught her breathe...

"You know, you might have waited..."

And, she only jsut now attached the bag of 3000 baronian to her belt. if no one else cared about it, then she would manage the party's expenses.

"So... where are we headed now again?"

Shiranai

Unread postby Shiranai » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:58 pm

Corantir followed along at their side, not taking particular interest in anyone or socializing. He merely filled the air with the smell of lavender as he puffed on an herb or two from his pipe and enjoyed the air. He could feel his reserves of magic well up from within him, as if they were an erupting fountain. For this, he did once approach and bother to ask their equestrian guide "How soon will we see some excitement? My blood is overflowing with ether, and I'd rather not get magic poisoning. I'll need an outlet to cast it..."

He then smiled a bit, raised the hand not carrying his trident, and zapped a small bush with an equally small lightning bolt. The rush of magicks flowing through him gave him a chill he had grown to rather approve of.

WillBaseton

Re: Hey!

Unread postby WillBaseton » Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:03 pm

Shina looked slightly depressed as D completely ignored her.

"...miss Kilra? What's the horse's name, may I ask?"

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:08 pm

Miiam looked down at D. ....You don't want to be here do you, D?

Jak Snide

Re: Hey!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:55 am

Kilra turned around, deciding to leave D be in his conversation with the horse, first looking at Shada.

"We're being taken to Poppione's burrow by Miiam here." as she talked, she turned her heat towards Shina, answering her question concerning their guide. She then looked at Corantir, grinning slightly.

"As for excitement, we'll have some soon enough, I think."

She made a mental note in her mind that, while on this quest, to focus her attention less on D, and more on her party. After all, she'd promised him some quality time later, so he wouldn't mind not being the center of her attention.

And speaking of her party...

"Hey, where's Red?"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:33 am

You're a perceptive one, aren't you. D thought, sarcastically, but then put on a more serious tone as he continued.

But I'm not letting Kilra getting hurt...

Or Red. He added.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs