Saga 1: Riunnoc's Challenge (Closed)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Nekogami

Re: Saga 1: Riunnoc's Challenge (Closed)

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:37 pm

The loft was spacious and now pretty clean. Etched into the wall was a heart that said "Lem and Emma 4 Ever". But other than that there wasn't much to see.

Miiam looked at D as he was told the secret. The horse nuzzled him on the cheek. Spirits willing, you will have that wish or something like it...

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A] at: 2/13/03 12:44:38 pm

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:54 pm

D blinked several times. He didn't believe his ears. Sure, from what he understood, it was not sure, but...

"Hey, you mean there's actually a chance of him being able to do that for me?"

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:20 pm

Miiam leaned into D What you ask is not so hard...It is the very reason you are here now.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:27 pm

"So... If we win, I may actually..."

D grinned in his own way, and lightly slapped Miiam's neck.

"Seems like you're not such a waste of time after all..." he said, with a joking tone.

Shiranai

Unread postby Shiranai » Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:35 pm

"Oh, er this? It's merely a piece of junk, it is. I suppose you could use it to bale hay or catch a few fish, but even at that, it's nothing special." He continued grinning and relaxed his trident at his side the way a novice vampire hunter might relax his stake in an elder vampire's presence. ...A troll? I don't think I can beat him alone...maybe I won't have to fight though. Or maybe my magic IS strong enough...only time will tell...

"So how, my friend, are you fishing? And would you like some help?"

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:29 pm

"Huh? You fish?" The troll takes his spear and tosses it in the river close to the shore. He retrieves it with a flailing fish at the end. He brandishes it in a 'beat that, human' fashion.

Shiranai

Unread postby Shiranai » Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:10 am

"Hm...Like I said, this pole arm is not well suited to catching small, quick ones. However if I were to make use of your spear, I might have a chance. Would you mind if I borrowed it?" Not only am I making friends, but I'm disarming him just in case. As friendly-faced as ever, Corantir looked wishfully off at the troll's spear.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:54 am

The troll seemed to consider Corantir then his spear. With a grunt, he pull off the fish and put it in a basket with several others. He then thrust the spear at Cor. "You try."

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Feb 14, 2003 1:06 pm

Without waiting for Miiam to say anything else, D turned around, pivoting on the balls of his feet, and went straight back to the hut, seeing as he had nothing better to do. At least now he had some motivation...

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:51 pm

RedFox looked up from the ground he was sitting on just beside the door of the hut, and spotted D. He smiled and stood up slowly, stretching out after his long bask in the sun. (there is sun, right? -.o) He gave D a slight wave and took a step forward. "Hey D. You feeling alright? Cos you gave the impression that you weren't in the best of moods as you passed by before."

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:08 pm

"Uh... what?" D blinked at Red, then grinned again. Like Kilra with D, Red was probably feeling an impending doom upon him.. Yet it never came.

"Hell no! I'm great! Just fine!" he said, still grinning widely.

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:27 pm

He constantly felt that impending doom whenever D was around... "well, that's good. Cos you know that if you get back home in a bad state, I'll get the blame... And to me, quite frankly, that logic is flawed."

"He's done a nice thing for Kilra, D..." He sighed gently and a slight whimper escaped his throat, as well as his ears folding down onto his head a bit. "I really do wish I could do something similar for Satuko... I just can't think what." =v_v=

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:34 pm

"Well, Red... Let's just say that I'd probably enjoy it less than you would" D said, laughing out probably too loud than the situation called for..

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Unread postby WillBaseton » Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:34 pm

Shina nodded to Kilra and gave her tail a swish.

"Well, I found it right over there."

She pointed to the spot she found the necklace at.

"Just a normal necklace, though...nothing special."

Jak Snide

'Bout time =P

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:51 pm

"Hmm, someone left it here then? Somebody lived her a while ago, maybe?"

Kilra hadn't seemed to really take in that D had gone, being content for now to chat with her travelling companion.

WillBaseton

Unread postby WillBaseton » Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:06 pm

Shina nodded.

"Maybe a gift between lovers or something? Regardless, I'm holding on to it for a while...maybe I can sell it when we get back to the city."

Jak Snide

Re: 'Bout time =P

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:08 pm

Lovers, hmm?

"Maybe you should leave it here, in case the owner comes back for it. Those little things can mean alot to some people."

WillBaseton

Unread postby WillBaseton » Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:10 pm

Shina sighed, her tail drooping.

"Yeah, you're right..."

She removed the necklace and placed it back where she found it.

"Oh well..."

Jak Snide

Heh

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:13 pm

Chuckling softly, the drow sat up.

"I'm sure you'll find many other trinkets on our little quest. And with those, you can keep as many as you like."

Nekogami

Corantir gets a troll so you ALL should.

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:56 am

Miiam lifted his head as three trolls approached, two with spears, and a female with an axe. He intercepted them. What are trolls doing this far north?

The trolls looked at each other, the a troll with a nose ring spoke up."Choldox. We cumma here because da huntin ess good, mon."

The female troll nodded. "Dey start cuttin down forest in da south, mon. We cumma north."

Miiam blinked. Forest trolls were pretty civil, he mused. I'll reward you handsomely if you help my friends. Catch us food and cook it up and I'll reward you with a nice big.... Miiam considered something. Ah.....bridge.

The trolls considered this and nodded. The female troll grunted somethings out and two male trolls left. "Hey, havvu seen a big troll?" The motioned with her hands.

I have not but if your here he shouldn't be far off. She nodded and started foraging around for food.

RebelKitsune

Re: Heh

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Sat Feb 15, 2003 7:10 pm

"hm... Well, I'll take your word for it, even though I can't quite understand your point." He stretched slightly and sat down again.

"Take a seat, D, it's nice out here in the sun."

Shiranai

Re: Corantir gets a troll so you ALL should.

Unread postby Shiranai » Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:50 pm

He looked down at the spear inquisitively, and instantly noted a few things as a merchant's son. First, the wood had some surprising turning to it, as crude as it may be. Corantir had never expected any attention to detail in the woodwork especially.

Then he wrapped his fingers around it and twirled it to his side in more of a show form than a combat stance, although it was merely to get a feel for it. Peering down at the tip, he noticed how sharp it was. Sharper than a razor. How do trolls have craftsmanship like this? Are there dwarves round somewhere? Or maybe this was looted. Never having been educated in how sophisticated troll weapon making was, he was a tad bit on the ignorant side, and honestly a little aloof.

Well, he thought, I may as well. If we get enough, we can take some back to the group. And it doesn't seem like this troll is going to tear me limb from limb...at least not yet. Nodding in approval, he then kneeled down by the river bank, one knee in front, the other behind him, and focused intently below the water's surface. He remained absolutely astoot and still until he saw a fair catch swim by, to which he would deliver a spastic skewer.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=shiranai@rpgww60462>Shiranai</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/16/03 12:52:11 pm

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:13 pm

D spun around and sat down as Red suggested, grinning again.

"So, Red, what are you doing out here? I mean... Hey, and where's that guy with the trident, whatsisname...?"

WillBaseton

Re: Heh

Unread postby WillBaseton » Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:32 pm

Shina laughed as well.

"Yeah, we can split the treasure we find, okay? A sort of hero's bargain?"

Jak Snide

Hah!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:50 pm

Kilra grinned, quite amused by Shina's last statement.

"But of course! Treasure management and division is an important aspect of any adventure, you know!"

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

blah, falling behing...

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:13 am

Shada, satisfied that she'd made the place livable, went back down. She walked to the door, and if it was not open, she opened it and looked around, curious to see where the men had run off to.

RebelKitsune

Friends is forevers

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Mon Feb 17, 2003 1:12 pm

RedFox smiled at D as he sat down and tapped his tail on the ground a few times. "I was just doing the usual, really. meditating about stuf back at home... And I saw Corantir walking past quite a while ago. He went into the woods. I followed his mental signature for a while but it faded slightly after a while and I just let it go. I hope nothing happened to him..."

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Feb 17, 2003 1:39 pm

D stood up and raised an eyebrow in an annoyed expression at Red.

"Red. You're seriously getting on my nerves now. Has it like EVER occured to you that people might want some, you know, PRIVACY?"

... D said that, yes.

"... Okay, so I need to do that myself sometimes... BUT YOUR CASE IS WORSE BECAUSE YOU ARE TELEPATHIC."

Nekogami

Re: Friends is forevers

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:07 pm

Miiam approached the hut with the Trolls in tow. The two males were carrying a rabbit and few pheasants and the female various forest greenery.

I found some nice trolls to cook for us. Miiam nodded to the trolls and they entered the hut to begin cooking. The horse peered throw the door to watch them prepare a meal for the weary travelers.

Jak Snide

*blinku*

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:15 pm

While upstairs and out of sight of the newly arrived chefs, Kilra did get the telepathic message that Miiam sent.

Nice trolls?!

She cautiously snuck over to the stairs, peeking down them to see what was going on.

Edited by: Jak Snide&nbsp; Image at: 2/18/03 3:24:18 pm

WillBaseton

Unread postby WillBaseton » Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:23 pm

Shina followed quickly behind, confident that she had made a friend.

"What do you see?"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:25 pm

"Nice trolls? Cook?"

"Uh... What the hell are you talking about, Miiam?" D quite didn't think he understood right.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:27 pm

Miiam walked over to D. These trolls have moved north from the southern forests and were looking for another of there kind. I promised them a bridge if they'd help me. They're very interesting creatures... I've not seen many trolls....

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:56 am

Shada, still in the door way, blinked not once, but twice at the appearance of Miiam and the trolls.

IM: ...This has to be the strangest adventure in recorded history. We're going on a quest to help some long dead horses, just happened to meet a super powerful water sprite, and now we're going to be catered to by Trolls.

She continued ot stare for a moment, before moving from the door was so Shina and Kilra could come and do the same.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=besyanteo@rpgww60462>Besyanteo</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/18/03 9:58:15 am

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Feb 18, 2003 3:37 pm

"Uh... Miiam? Are you sure this is a good idea?" D muttered out loud enough in his opinion, but too interested and afraid to say anything else...

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:19 pm

Red blinked in surprise. "It was his signature, D, not his thoughts! Eesh... Don't get so worked up like that."

He then received Miiam's message, and blinked. "Trolls?!" =ò.O=? "... I suppose Miiam knows best..." Red thought to himself, and left it at that... But he couldn't really help but feel a little skeptical about the trolls... so he kept his place on the ground and concentrated a little, prepping his mental abilities for a while before the supposed 'food' arrives.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:25 pm

Miiam looked a little perplexed. Why get so worked up? They're just trolls. Ah well, I better to make that bridge for them. Why don't you try chatting to them. With that Miiam walked off towards the river to fulfill his promise.

Meanwhile, the trolls her talking amongst themselves as they were cleaning the game and preparing a genuine troll meal.

Jak Snide

I sense an outside influence on events. *chuckles*

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:27 pm

Kilra paused for a moment before answering the question.

"Trolls. Lots of trolls. Cooking."

For someone who was well read in the tales of classic adventurers, trolls being anything but bloodthirsty killers was quite a shock to her.

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:14 pm

RedFox stood up slowly, and not without reluctance, he peered into the hut, taking a step inside. His curiosity was too great to bear, and he just had to see it for himself... "Trolls, Cooking... for us!" he thought aloud to himself. The thought seemed amusing to him, and a little scary at the time. He looked into the kitchen, or wherever they were preparing the meal, and watched them as they worked. It amazed him in a way, he knew that Trolls would be far more than able to prepare food, but he never imagined it would be anything like this. He smiled and chuckled once to himself, after which he turned and left them in peace,

since watching over someone's shoulder is kinda rude.

Elementalist Daien

As if spying in people's heads isn't rude. Also: 400th post!

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:40 pm

Following Red, D stood up and walked to see for himself. Trolls, cooking for people. How unbelievable. Of course, he wondered what kind of food would be cooked by trolls. He was fully expecting NOT forgetting this meal anytime soon... Not to mention seeing it a few hours after ingestion.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs