Saga 1: Riunnoc's Challenge (Closed)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Re: Hey!

Unread postby WillBaseton » Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:47 am

Shina nodded, tail swishing.

"So he's our guide...I hope this will go well..."

Nekogami

Fun Description Time!

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:50 am

Miiam stayed silent. He looked ahead as if he were studying each of D's words carefully. Mulling them in his mind, seeping theming in consideration, then he decided that they were ripe and ready.

Loyalty.....Love. These are what keep the 4 Deaths that you will face here on this plain. And why Ruinnoc has you challenge them. The 4 Deaths, though named most ominously, are not dooms but the doomed. The 4 Deaths of the Summarann....

I apologize D. And I wish there were some way to make it up to you. Perhaps on your journeys, you and Kilra can find some time together...Perhaps, you and she can linger in the human cities....or gaze at the beauty of the land...How dismal was this time of choosing for you, how dismal....

Miiam tossed his head. The stone grey horse with his black head though majestic enough walked as though he were old and laden heavy with business. His eyes sparkled and they were clear but it seemed somehow false, like a man who weeps with sorrow but smiles nonetheless. His fur shimmered as though someone meticulously brushed each inch of him but still he looked ragged and worn. His voice was strong and baritone but it was weak and soft. A collection of conflicts, this was Miiam.

The land around them, the land of Baron, was something else though. As the party walked, Mist Village nearer farther and farther-the sound of the ironsmith fading- they could gaze on slightly rolling his. The grass was a mottle of golden brown and green, the grass trying hard to renew itself for the spring and summer season. The sky was mostly grey as an afterthought to a rain shower but the sun illuminated each cloud casting a gentle white like on the land. Songbirds chittered and chased each other then ducked out of site when the plains falcon keened out his arrival. The air was cool,refreshing, clean.... and it played with their hair. A collection of beauty, this was Baron.

Elementalist Daien

Re: Saga 1: Riunnoc's Challenge (Closed)

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:39 pm

Yeah, yeah. Right. So, tell me more about these 4 Deaths thingies...

WillBaseton

Re: Fun Description Time!

Unread postby WillBaseton » Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:41 pm

Shina looked around, surveying the area around her.

"So this is Baron...I've never been here before...it's really nice-looking."

RebelKitsune

*insert long line of expletives here*

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:09 pm

(OOC: I'm so sorry i didn't post for so long. I've been away from home from over a day and a half now, so it's not entirely my fault.)

RedFox was asleep, still lying there on the bed. He felt calm, at peace, but he just knew he had forgotten about something. He opened his eyes suddenly, and shot up from the bed, looking around hurriedly. "Where is everybody?!" Before he could really finish the sentence, he jumped up and ran out of the room, grabbing his bag on the way out. He eventually caught up with the group, and, while constantly panting, he apologized, "Sorry... about that... I got a little... distrac-" He stopped mid-sentence when he finally realised his surroundings. He looked around himself in awe, his breaths slowing down gradually whilst taking in all of the sights and sounds, as though in a sort of daze.

... Well, he was in a daze, he just got out of bed. Though his last thought was, "another horse?" And he meant that in the most respectful way he could.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:52 pm

She looked about herself, by now calmer than when she'd run to catch up with the group. Rather than let herself linger on their totally ignoring her lack of presence before, she tried to enjoy the scenery. No use bickering on such a nice day.

And then Red ran up, marking her a hypocrit for not having dragged him along. How nice. Shada decided she wouldn't let that drag her down either though. They're on an adventure, and dammit she was going to enjoy it as much as she could!

She turned to Red.

"Have a nice nap?"

Nekogami

Re: *insert long line of expletives here*

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:52 pm

(( I understand, Jean. But the show had to go on. :/ Don't worry they aren't far off, you can catch up easy. Same for you, Besan))

Miiam shook his head. The 4 Deaths are a trial you must uncover for yourselves but I will tell you this: Each Death has a story to tell. Each death wants one thing and that is to be free of the chains that bind them to this plane.

Miiam turned his head and looked to Shina, signalling he was done with Di. Shina, if you ride me, you'll certainly have a better view. Baron is a place of many beauties. Where I go to take you is no less beautiful. We will take a few stops in some cities and you may take as long as you like until you feel ready to continue on so I do recommend touring.

Shiranai

Unread postby Shiranai » Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:33 pm

Continuing along with a huff puff and a whisp is fragrant smoke, Corantir merely said "I needed this..." as he took in all around him and listened to everything.

WillBaseton

Re: *insert long line of expletives here*

Unread postby WillBaseton » Wed Jan 22, 2003 11:19 pm

Shina looked to the horse guide and smiled.

"You'd do that? Wow, you're nice. How do I get on, though...?"

Shina looked puzzled.

"I've never ridden a horse before."

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:32 am

Miiam stops and kneels down. Simply straddly my back and hold on to my mane.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:22 am

D shook his head to get rid of the telepathy thing.

"Well, that's convenient, horsey." He said ,still sarcastically.

"So, is everyone ready? ... Silly question, I'd suppose."

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

still here!

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:40 pm

(OOC: Can catch up? we already did??? Anywho...)

Shada turned at the question adressed to everyone, and simply nodded, before turning back to Red. She was trying to make nice conversation and she was gonna get it if she had to wring it out of the fluffy red fox!

She looked expectant.

WillBaseton

Unread postby WillBaseton » Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:37 pm

The nekojin in human form hopped onto the horse's back and did as she was told.

"This right?"

Jak Snide

Ping

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:54 pm

Kilra nodded to D, glad to see that the entire group was gathered, and ready to set off. She knew this would be an adventure to remember above all others.

RebelKitsune

Re: still here!

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:53 pm

(geez... you guys are just too fast for your own good... By the way, my father's computer is going nuts and it holds the modem so I don't know if I'll be able to post more than once a day either. >:/)

RedFox turned to Shada and realised he was still short of breath. He eventually regained his regular rythm of breathing, and replied, "Yes, thank you, although it wasn't really intended..." He uncomfortably stood by her due to his embarrassing mishap, and calmly nodded to the question after that. He yawned with a curl of his tongue, still recovering from his tiredness.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Wai?

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:43 pm

She smirked as he yawned. She reminded him of something between a fox plushie she used to have, and puppies she'd seen.

She turned her attention to the horse then. More to see lay of the land in front of it than the horse itself.

IM: Well, for better or worse, here we go.

Nekogami

Re: still here!

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:22 pm

And there they went. Behind them were the the moutains capped in snow. Wind passed through their peaks and bid the travelers a safe farewell. As they walked with the stone grey horse, Shina comfortably on his back, the landscape seemed to pass them by quickly. They did not feel weary, their feet lacked the will to ache, their shoulders the need to droop. Miiam kept his promise to keep them rejunvenated. They passed a few small villages but Miiam made no move to head towards them. Their path still lay in front of them.

When night fell on the plains of Baron, only then did they feel the fatigue of travel. Miiam stopped by a small copse of spruce trees that had nuts hanging on their limbs.

The first day of travel is over. This will be the only time I aske you sleep in the comforts of nature. We will reach Ordana soon. Tomorrow we'll need to cross the river the humans call, Odin's Trail. The nuts on these pines should be ample food. They have a pleasant taste raw but I've heard that they taste even better cooked.

Miiam layed down in the between two of the spruces to allow Shina to dismount.

WillBaseton

Re: Wai?

Unread postby WillBaseton » Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:35 pm

Shina jumped down and looked around.

"Wow...Baron's really beautiful..."

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:54 pm

D sighed. COME ON. COOOME ON.

"... And where is the magic tent? You can't expect us to... Is that the way to treat a guest?" ...

This was getting on his nerves. Asking them to risk their lives, then making them sleep outside?!?

Nekogami

Re: Wai?

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:06 pm

Miiam tilted his head. You'll find the bed of pine needles here quite comfortable enough.As soon as you close your eyes for sleep you will slip into your world of dreams. Nothing will attack you, not while I watch over you. And if you fear the cold....certainly Kilra by your side will warm you.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:38 pm

"Don't be a wiseass" D said, referring to the cold thing. Of course, he'd like it that way, but hey, Kilra without sheets and a tent is not better than Kilra WITH sheets and a tent, is it?

Jak Snide

Hmm?

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Jan 25, 2003 2:03 pm

Kilra was already looking for somewhere to rest, being no stranger to sleeping out in the wild. She turned her head as she heard D's comment.

"What did Miiam say, D?" she asked, a small smile on her face, suspecting their guide had said something amusing.

WillBaseton

Unread postby WillBaseton » Sat Jan 25, 2003 2:06 pm

Shina curled up into a ball underneath a tree and nodded off, tail swishing unconsciously.

RebelKitsune

*yawns*

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Sat Jan 25, 2003 4:23 pm

RedFox stood and looked about him for a bit, contemplating this and that. Seeing Shina already taking whatever was available to them made him smile. "I'm glad to see someone doesn't beat about the bush..." He turned and smiled to Miiam as thanks.

"I don't know about you guys, but I think pine needles are fine. The stinging will surely keep us warm through the night anyway." Even though he knew this was easy for him to say - seeing as he had already slept out of doors several times - he walked over to Shina, gently knelt down, removed his robes and upper clothing, sandals and socks, and curled up next to her, clad only in his pants. As his instincts dictated, he used his tail to cover his muzzle and front paws, and slowly nodded off.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Jan 25, 2003 5:08 pm

"NOTHING."

D huffed. This wasn't going so well, now, was it...

Jak Snide

Sleepy, jes?

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Jan 25, 2003 5:40 pm

Kilra, looking a little startled, nodded.

"Well, okay. I'm going to bed down now, okay? I'll be over there when you're finished talking." she said, pointing at one of the more sheltered spots in the area. She moved over to it, laying her sheathed swords down beside her, then stretched out beside them, using her cloak as a blanket.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Jan 25, 2003 5:50 pm

D turned around, watching Kilra leave

"Uh... We already have finished talking..." he said

Jak Snide

Re: Sleepy, jes?

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Jan 25, 2003 5:57 pm

Kilra sat up, a confused look on her face.

"Then why are you still standing there?"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Jan 25, 2003 6:05 pm

D shrugged.

He quite didn't have an answer to that.

"Well, good question." he yawned and stretched. "Now to find a place where I won't get torn apart."

Jak Snide

Heh

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Jan 25, 2003 6:10 pm

She smiled slightly.

"I think Miiam is standing guard for tonight, D. Pick your favourite grassy spot."

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Jan 25, 2003 6:21 pm

"Yeah, yeah..."

D chose the best spot, near Kilra. Luckily he had his own cloak to keep him warm, which he did use to keep himself warm, by putting it around him like a cocoon or something..

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

night night, don't let the bed horses bite

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Jan 25, 2003 9:57 pm

She removed her various pieces of leather armour, and her sword belt, before finding a place on the ground to curl up and sleep.

She'd slept outside many times, and under the right circumstances even enjoyed it. She nodded off quickly, without much thought to the day to come.

Shiranai

Unread postby Shiranai » Sat Jan 25, 2003 10:10 pm

He glanced at everyone making ready for their sleep, then spent a few moments in reflection of the landscape, the sky, the air, the biomass...this is what he had wanted in a journey, and now he was going to take full advantage of it and get his mantle dirty.

And so, he removed his mantle, layed it somewhere between D and Shada. Beneath, he had his small leather plate and simple dark merchant robes. He removed the armor, placed it under one end of the mantle, and built up some pitch and pine needles under it. He then removed his shirt to show a protocal build, healthy and lean, but not ripped. Not wasting time to show off, he layed on his back, placing his shirt over him, and gazed at the sky, enjoying the dying embers of his pipe, sending lilac fragrance into the air.

Nekogami

Stupid Internet

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:12 pm

GM Apology: Yesterday and some of this morning, the internet was down and I was unable to GM. Sorry.

The sleep hit them like a gentle kiss. The shifted little in the night and as Miiam promised the ground was as soft as a feather bed to their weary bodys. The stars overhead twinkled and watched over them. Miiam gazed up at them through the night. One plains wolf approached the glade but bowed respectfully to Miiam and went to search for better prey.

The morning came. The spruces were a dazzle of diamond dew and the birds were merry in their song. There were fruits and vegetables lying on
reeds for them to eat. Miiam did not look as though he had moved.

Good morning, my fair travelers. I hope that your rest was thorough... Miiam looked to D, a slight twinkle in his eye. And warm.

Jak Snide

The height of feminine behaviour.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jan 27, 2003 2:17 pm

The serenity of the dawn was broken as Kilra rolled over, snoring as she did, and extended her arm into the space next to her. Which was currently being occupied by D's face.

Edited by: Jak Snide  Image at: 1/27/03 1:18:17 pm

Elementalist Daien

Alex speaks from experience?

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:36 pm

"UMMF!"

D ungracefully grumbled and sat up. After a few seconds, he noted what was happening..

CAN'T I EVEN TAKE A BLOODY SLEEP? GODSDAMNIT...

Edited by: Elementalist Daien at: 1/27/03 2:36:42 pm

Jak Snide

*belches*

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:50 pm

Kilra's eyes flickered open, the slumbering drow awakened by the noise D made when she'd unknowingly hit him. She rolled onto her back and sat up, looking across at him.

"What's wrong?" she asked innocently.

Edited by: Jak Snide  Image at: 1/27/03 2:51:20 pm

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:52 pm

"Just somebody's arm into my face. No big deal, really. Back to sleep is a good idea. And not waking up until getting sunburnt seems also like a good idea"

D yawned and lay back where he was.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:55 pm

Kilra remained upright, looking confused for a good few seconds before shrugging, then lying down again, taking D's advice.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:00 pm

D rolled to the side, careful not to do Kilra's mistake and looked up at the sky, then at Kilra, and back at the sky.

I hope you'll be enjoying it Kilra... Because I know I won't.

D sighed and kept on looking at the sky, looking at the sun and the sky silently...

(Edited. =P)

Edited by: Elementalist Daien at: 1/28/03 8:58:50 am

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs