Saga 1: Riunnoc's Challenge (Closed)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Re: >.> there an echo in here?

Unread postby WillBaseton » Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:34 am

Shina was confused. Why was a voice calling to HER? She was just a normal girl, except for the cat form...

Who are you...? What do you want...?

Shina reached out to the voice, searching for it.

Shiranai

Unread postby Shiranai » Sun Jan 12, 2003 3:28 am

"Hm...?" Without moving, his irises focused upwards, as if the voice were right above him. He continued to wait for more, not satisfied with 'Glade of the Last', though quite fascinated at this point. Might this be my chance for some adventure?...heh. Wishful thinking again. Still looking upwards and focusing, he took one more sip.

Jak Snide

Dude, where can I buy some of this voice stuff! @_@

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:44 am

Although she wanted to speak, her mouth wasn't responding. As her vision blurred she realised that either the wine her snuck up on you way too quickly, or the voice was doing something to her head. She wagered it was the later.

IM: "My...head...damnit." she thought lethargically, her upper body swaying from side to side uneasily, the drow placing both hands on the table to steady herself.

Elementalist Daien

Damn it, Alex. You took the 42nd post!

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun Jan 12, 2003 5:40 am

D's eyes widened, confused as to what was going on.

"Kilra! Are you all right? You don't look well..." he said, standing from his place, and going behind her, holding her from her arms to keep her steady

"All right, now this just isn't funny anymore. The Glade of the Last. Voice thingy, tell us where the hell is it or go bug someone else, okay?"

Edited by: Elementalist Daien at: 1/12/03 4:43:41 am

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Sun Jan 12, 2003 6:31 am

RedFox sat there quietly, legs crossed and very, very pissed off. He now tuned into what was going on around him, and he knew he wasn't the only one hearing things. He was more bent on anger than worry, something rare for him to do in such a weird situation.

"It's not like my life's filled with these odd happenings, though I'd like it if they didn't sneak up on me in such an inopportune time." He trailed off in thought with himself, mostly moping cos he'll inevitably be missing some time off with Satuko...

Yes, he had quite a one-track mind when he was in the mood.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Jan 12, 2003 3:38 pm

Kilra stood up from the table. Her mind swam with questions. She demanded her body stop but it would not......It stood on it's own and began to walk to the door....

"The time is now to face the challenge...."

"The...time....is now..." Kilra felt the words spill from her lips. " To face the....chall...enge."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A] at: 1/12/03 2:40:13 pm

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Jan 12, 2003 3:45 pm

Although she couldn't express herself, Kilrainjja was outraged. How dare someone take control of her body!

Then what was happening snapped into place. Mysterious power, an unidentified challenge, she smelled adventure!

And so she stopped resisting, not that she was making any difference before, content to see what would happen next.

WillBaseton

Unread postby WillBaseton » Sun Jan 12, 2003 3:46 pm

Shina jumped as Kilra began to walk off, zombified.

"Miss! Where are you going? What challenge? Tell us! Who is the voice?"

Shina's eyes showed both fear and intrigue...

Elementalist Daien

Re: Saga 1: Riunnoc's Challenge (Closed)

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:23 pm

"WHAT THE HELL?!? WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" D yelled out. Whoever this voice was was going to be remembering his fingerprints by the time he was done. But for now...

D chanted under his breath, the tip of his finger glowing with a purplish colour, and he tried to aim the spell at the possessed Kilra...

(Stun, if possible.)

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:35 pm

She sat back easily for a moment, in the comfort of... something. The thought struck her as odd though. There's no REASON for her to feel relaxed... And with that she tried to shake it off, being a telepath herself she knew the effects of a calming enchantment when she felt them. Hell, she could even use it if she liked.

She stood, and mentally scolded herself as she hesitated to do so. Turning to Kilra, who'd just mutter something... inane at best.

IM: Yea, THAT looks natural all right. So, this person can possess our bodies...?

She shuddered at the thought. For the sake of all involved, probably better to go along with this for now. She followed, expecting Kilra would be directed where ever they were intended to come. Belatedly, she called to those who'd heard and weren't moving yet.

"Coming?"

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:40 pm

D's spells hit Kilra who continued into the Doman streets as if nothing happened.

"The ....Glade..." Kilra muttered as she stumbled. "Of the Last..."

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:45 pm

"..."

D didn't quite know what to do, by now. Should he give up everything and follow Kilra, or should he just stop her? His pride would not allow that he let her go, but on the other hand, it would probably be the only way she would snap out of it...

WHAT DO YOU WANT?!? D thought on his own. Why couldn't he just enjoy some peace ever...? With that, he decided to follow her. Whichever way this would end, it would end there... He hoped. He did note something else, though

"Hey, who are YOU??" D said, quite roughly, to Shada.

Edited by: Elementalist Daien at: 1/12/03 3:48:12 pm

Shiranai

Unread postby Shiranai » Sun Jan 12, 2003 4:59 pm

Corantir, blinking a few times, stood up finally and cleared his throat. "Fellow strangers...it seems we are beckoned for something. It may mean certain death, or fabulous riches. Any of you who were spoken to, the choice is yours to follow..." At this he paused, grabbed his trident leaning against the wall. Taking his small pipe from under his cloak, he lit it with a very small magic spell and took a puff while those around him waited.
"Ehh...I know I'm going. This should be fun" said he, smirking with the pipe still in his mouth. Now his eyes were visible. Bright and aqua colored, wreathed in a darker blue. He removed the hood from his head and proceeded to follow Kilra. And if things play right, there may well be three young ladies to accompany me.

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Sun Jan 12, 2003 5:16 pm

RedFox blinked as he saw Kilra step over his tail at the doorway, walking almost mechanically. He stood up and stared at the others as they exited, not sure what to do, until he repeated Warlock's words again, "another hand to help is always good." He swore at his conscience and followed them slowly.

"Well, at least it wasn't me who messed up D's day."

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun Jan 12, 2003 5:40 pm

Before Shada could reply, D turned to the other two, walking behind him, following the possessed Kilra.

"Hey, what the hell? Who are you? And... Hey, hey wait a minute... RED? What the hell are you, of all people, doing here...?"

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Price check on Zanex...

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Jan 12, 2003 10:48 pm

She turned breifly when she was adressed, and made a face when she was summarily dismissed. Nice person.

"My name is Shada, if that's what your'e asking. Now, if you're not coming along, I have a person in a zombie-like state to follow, and perhaps to find the person responsible for her current..."

She looked Kilra over.

"Lack of control."

With that she nodded quickly to D, and ran to catch up to Kilra again.

WillBaseton

Unread postby WillBaseton » Sun Jan 12, 2003 11:01 pm

Following Kilra closely, Shina tried to keep pace as best she could.

"Miss, snap out of it! Wake up!"

Why was she the only one affected...?

Shina sighed and continued running behind the drow woman.

RebelKitsune

Proce check on dispel potions...? >>;;

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:43 am

"Well, D... Warlock sent me to help you out, cos he "Had a bad feeling about it." Besides, I'm not gonna get in your way, even though there's nothing to get in the way of..." He gestured to Kilra, who wasn't really spending quality time with D. "Believe me, I'm as pissed off as you are, so let's just keep up with Kilra instead of arguing, ok?"

Elementalist Daien

Re: Price check on Zanex...

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jan 13, 2003 10:19 am

D glared at Shada. How dare she insinuate that he would just let her go in a state such as the one she was in...? Besides, whoever it is was just asking for it. A challenge. Challenging him? And in such a way? Suicide.

His anger, however, was reduced a little by Red. He was right. His anger slowly turned to sadness and fear that something bad may happen to her, and he followed, however still glaring at at air and wishing that whoever it was was in his fists' range. He also made a promise to himself never to go anywhere near Kotoki's..

Nekogami

Stealing Kotoki's Business...Oops!

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:07 pm

Kilra wandered the streets at quick pace though she still seemed a bit drugged. She was headed to the west. Chocobos warked at the drow stumbling in their path, merchants cursed "elves that can't hold their liquor", and people scoffed as Kilra shouldered past them as if they weren't there.

"Coming..." She muttered constantly.

For many hours, the others followed Kilra until they found themselves in a forest, in a glade. Kilra felt control come back to her body. The glade was quiet and a light mist blanketed the ground.

Standing there, alone was a black unicorn with a decorative collar on. He pawed the ground and tossed his head but made no move to attack them.

RebelKitsune

Unicorn = good, Unicorn + Black = bad.

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:26 pm

RedFox stood fast and waited, but nowhere in front, oh no... He stood behind D, slightly to the left. "I-Is Kilra ok?" He stuttered, eyes never moving from the unicorn's. After a few seconds of focusing on it, he made doubly sure that it wasn't even thinking about making a wrong move. Literally.

(mind reading on the unicorn. >>;; ^^Image

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

HORSEY!

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:52 pm

She smiled seeing the Unicorn. a first for her.

"Pretty..." She said more to herself than the others. The trek from Kotoki's to this place was almost worth the sight, if not for the mental reminder it could be an illusion.

She waited for something to happen, and tip the scales a bit.

Jak Snide

Bad Neko! Jak will hunt down that unicorn now. :{{{

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:56 pm

"About time!" Kilra scowled, stretching her arms out to the side and shaking her legs. She was a fan of adventure and all, but anyone who made her walk like that for hours on end was going to get a talking too, especially since by now half of Doma now identified her as the local drunk.

She looked at the black unicorn, shoving aside her immediate inclination to go "Ooo, pretty..." and stared at it.

"You brought me here, right? Then care to explain why the hell you did? My feet are aching..."

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:14 pm

D looked at Kilra, and after seeing that she's okay, turned to the horse.

"Right. So, we came all this way to see a horse. That's interesting. Now I bet we're going to be sent on a great adventure to find the legendary haystack or something." D said, sarcastically...

Edited by: Elementalist Daien at: 1/13/03 3:10:02 pm

Jak Snide

Re: Bad Neko! Jak will hunt down that unicorn now. :{{{

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:57 pm

Kilra cast a glance at D, worried.

"There there, I'm sure we'll be sent on a more significant and grand quest than that."

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:30 pm

D rolled his eyes. That was quite not his point.

"Right, can we get this over with? I have a drink waiting back in Kotoki's. What the hell do you want? Horses in distress are not quite the top of my priority list right now, you know."

WillBaseton

Re: Bad Neko! Jak will hunt down that unicorn now. :{{{

Unread postby WillBaseton » Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:18 pm

Shina smirked, not in the best of moods from walking all this way.

"So, we come all this way following a disembodied voice and it turns out to belong to a unicorn. I guess it's KINDA fluffy...?"

She stared at it, trying to decide whether or not it's considered a fluffy creature.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Eh.

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:09 pm

She turned her head to face Shina.

"It could be worse. We could have walked all this way to meet up with a telepathic slime."

She turned back to the Unicorn, studying it.

IM: In reflection though, I can't imagine this is either a.) the person who sent for us or b.) his or her true form.

Once again she settled into her comfortable watch and wait stance. Time will tell.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:51 pm

The black unicourn pawed the ground. It was then the party noticed that there was something peculiar about the unicorn. It pawed the ground but the sound it made was like a memory. It sounded real enough but there was something off.

The unicorn tossied it's head.Its main caught a wind that did not esit and flutttered around. When it moived, its edges blurred like paint being smeared. The unicorn reared up on it's hind legs and and whinnied a noise that so loud, so sharp, so terrifying that they were instantly frozen. By the time the unicorn's feet had touch the ground, they lost consciousness....

When they awoke....they gazed upon a beautiful cathedral. The cut and colored glass were in the shapes of unicorns with names scribbled on them. The cathedral seemed to go on forever, naming the creatures and depicting them. Right in front of them in the apse was a magnicient, gorgeous pearline unicorn.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A] at: 1/14/03 4:52:23 pm

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jan 14, 2003 1:17 pm

Kilra stumbled too her feet, checking around her for the others, satisfied quickly that they were still with her and then moving on to gaze at the cathedral around her. But, again, she far too irritated to appreciate the beauty of her surroundings. She'd been marched halfway across Doma with only a hint of adventure, and then she'd been rendered unconscious and transported to some unknown location. And while this did scream "adventures and heroics of epic proportions" to her, she still wanted answers. Which, she guessed, would be obtained from the new unicorn before her.

"Pretty..." she muttered as she looked at it, before giving herself a mental slap.

"Okay, now, you've led a band of adventurers on a several hour trek, into a forest, rendered them unconscious and had them awake in a marvelous temple before you. Now, can you tell us what this is all about? Pleeeeaaaaasee?

Although she wasn't aware of it, her hands were shaking up and down in front of her, both balled up into fists, the drow quite desperate to get a good adventure out of the strange series of events that would naturally only lead up to said adventure.

Edited by: Jak Snide&nbsp; Image at: 1/14/03 5:20:29 pm

RebelKitsune

o.o well, damn.

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Tue Jan 14, 2003 1:21 pm

RedFox opened his eyes quickly, as though he was still 'trying' to stay awake, even though he never had half a chance to do so in the first place. He climbed to his feet quickly and looked around worriedly, eyes shifting from the unicorn to his surroundings, back to the unicorn and so forth, hopefully trying to find a place to hide.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:35 pm

"Uggghh... Uhhhh... What the hell ..." D yawned, and slowly opened one eye, his laziness instincts taking over him for a while...

Until his brain processed the information. Cathedral. CATHEDRAL?!?

"All right. Someone owes me an explanation, or I'm heading back home..." .

"... If anyone knows which way home is."

WillBaseton

Re: o.o well, damn.

Unread postby WillBaseton » Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:00 pm

Shina shook her head, looking around. This wasn't the kind of trip she envisioned when she returned to Doma...

"Oh...my..."

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:10 pm

A very long time ago, before Doma had its borders, before Nekonia had its king. began the unicorn. There was me. I was the Sovereign of the most beautiful tribe of unicorns, the Sumarann. But then came the Black Cloud. But then came the Great Death. She slaughtered my beautiful unicorns and took their bodies and spirits. She took my body but my spirit would not be quelled! I have long searched for fighters that can reclaim my body for she cannot use it. I have it cursed. I will have my vengeance and you will help me. If you do not... He paused and shook his head as if he did not want to think of this possibility.

To insure that you are worthy of this task you will defeat the 4 Deaths-Poppionne. Rueswald, Trumpet, and Foreranne. If you succeed in defeating them you thenmust defeat me. If you succeed, I ask that you finally put to rest my soul and defeat Great Death. The path to my 4 Deaths will be long and arduous. They will not come to you so easily. Each has set up challenges for you to overcome before defeating them. When they are laid to rest, I will come for you and you must defeat me.

WillBaseton

Re: o.o well, damn.

Unread postby WillBaseton » Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:19 pm

Shina's eyes widened...

"Four...deaths...? We have to fight...?"

She sighed, not looking too happy.

Elementalist Daien

Watch D get owned.

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:27 pm

D's eyebrow twitched. Now this was just too much. This was just way too much. He clenched his fist and glared, his arms shaking with anger at the unicorn.

"... And so you think this is the right method to ask someone? You know, if you wanted help, you could have pasted a bloody notice at a mercenary camp, not go about possessing Kilra and force us to do something which we don't give half a fig about, you know! Or has age dulled your senses that much?"

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

yikes...

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:12 pm

She had woken with the rest of them, and remained silent as they conversed.
But no more.

"How dare you." It was not a question, and the voice held more cold vehemence than indignance. She managed to reign in her anger a bit, before sayying anything she couldn't take back... Furious as she might be, she didn't plan on taking another nap again soon either.

"Give me one good reason we should help you, after you went out of your way to decieve and kidnap us."

Nekogami

Re: Watch D get owned.

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:26 pm

Ruinnoc tossed his head.

There was no deception. And yes my senses have been dulled for several thousand years I have existed searching for those that can truly put my soul to rest. I cannot be sent by conventional means, this much I know. Only with the hope that the evil that has consumed my people will be squelched can I ascend. I summmoned you six here because I sensed that you possessed a special something that could help me. Alas....if you are content...to go one about your lives. I will send you back and you will have no recollection of these events.....

WillBaseton

Re: yikes...

Unread postby WillBaseton » Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:34 pm

"Well...maybe this will help me get over Joey...maybe I'll be able to finally reach the level of power we wanted to do together...I'll go along with the plan."

She sighed, staring at her right arm, where a miniature crossbow was concealed.

Joey...Jinto...I'll prove I can live without you!

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:18 am

D smirked, but his smirk was not a ways of sending a message of happiness. Sarcasm was more like it.

"No, No, NO. You're getting it all wrong. See, if you want to guilt trip someone, first you make sure that whoever it is would care, and you absolutely do NOT make whoever it is mad. Nope, you quite don't." D glared all the time. These words were just his way to keep himself from flipping out and kicking the nearest object at its head..

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs