Saga 1: Riunnoc's Challenge (Closed)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
RebelKitsune

Re: yikes...

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:30 am

RedFox listened and waited for a quiet moment to speak, not wanting to butt in, and eventually spoke. "Er... I don't mean to be rude, but what's in it for us? I mean, helping out of the good of our hearts may give us satisfaction, but what good will our actions do to anyone?" ... He paused and thought, "except yourself, naturally..."

Nekogami

Re: Saga 1: Riunnoc's Challenge (Closed)

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:01 am

Ever wanting reward?

The unicorn clicked his hoof on the ground. And the hall was filled with silver and pearl items. Straight before him were several weapons, a silver and ivory crossbow with 21 bolts. A mytril rifle, a sword with an ivory handle, a staff with a globe mounted to its top, armor with ornate design. A bow made of ivory and gold with 21 arrows and a gauntlet made of the same stood also there among them.

Ruinnoc step down from his dais and walked around the glittering prizes to pace among them like an old king or warrior.

I mayhaps were mistaken by you humans. I sinced one here with a great desire to make right, one with a fire in his heart that was quite unmatched, another with kindness, one with cunning, another fine warrior, and mage that has drive. Again, my senses have been dulled... The others before you usually recognized me and were pleased to help. Ah yes, Mordain, the knight from......is it Riva now? Yes,fought bravely but alas he was not the one.....Do not look so feared, Shina, of me. Mordain did not die. In the final battle with me, he could not succeed so I sent him home with glory.

Ruinnoc tossed his head again. But that was many hundreds of years ago. It takes time, yes. And energy to plan these things....I did not mean to take you by such surprise but....what are they? Books. Yes, your books always seemed that such would make you pleased? What are they? Final....Fantasies. He whinnied in a laugh like one's grandfather. He looked at Kilra and gave her gentle nudge on the cheek.

But as I said, I am dead and I have been for many long centuries. My enemy lives indefinitely off the lives stolen from the Sumarann. Ruinnoc paced back to his dais. I do sense however that the plot was more contrived than simply to live forever....In the western continent I sensed something familiar and something more bitter than the Great Black Cloud. Ah! But I am not making you feel guilty am I? He knocked his hoof on the ground again and the silver disappeared. He looked at D. After all, I still have the energy to summon other warriors. Ones that will help me. At this he nodded.

Shiranai

Re: yikes...

Unread postby Shiranai » Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:43 am

(OOC note: Many pardons for not having posted. Food poisoning is not an RPer's friend. ._.)

His uncanny ability to remain low in profile when he wished proved effective until this point when he found it best to speak up. He knocked the side of his pipe on his boot, loosening the smoldering ash inside and then stamping it out. The post-pubescent warlock was finding this all very enthralling, and well worth his time. However, even he was aware of his limits and those around him.

"Good sir," a slight bow "what do you achieve by hiring middle-weights? I can sense each of us has only moderate fighting capabilities, and yet you make these challenges sound like the riders of the Apocalypse." Corantir tilted his head and blinked, giving off an entirely benign and gentle inquisitive look. "How are we to fulfill these things for you?" He was already motivated for these quests, but the curiousity still burned.

Jak Snide

Bastards! Cowards! Lazy gits!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:07 pm

Kilra was outraged. Here they were, presented with an grand adventure, no, a quest, and almost all around her were questioning or declining! For the gods sake, there was an ancient evil! Ancient Evil! She might expect this of D, but for everyone else around her!? And now one of them was doubting her ability?! Well to hell with them, all of them. Well, except D, but that's because he was too cute. Anyway, she wasn't going to let any of them ruin such a good opportunity.

"Well, I don't know about the others, but I'll do it, reward or none. Never let there be said that where evil lurked, Kilraianajja, Hero of Gunnir wasn't there! Just point me in the right direction!"

Then she was distracted momentarily, wondering which one of the six that Ruinnoc sensed was her.

Edited by: Jak Snide  Image at: 1/15/03 3:04:36 pm

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:58 pm

D's facial expression changed from one of sarcasm and of anger to one which said, clearly "I knew it". He looked sideways at Kilra, hands in his pockets, and said, simply:

"That's not what you told me." Even though he said that, he knew it would get him nowhere..

Jak Snide

¬.¬

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:04 pm

Kilra shot him a quick sideways glance.

"Oh hush up. Can't you see this is a once in a lifetime chance?"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:10 pm

"Yeah, yeah. Once in a lifetime chance. That's what you always say. Besides, the guy's been dead a few thousand years. I doubt he'll mind a few more days..."

"Besides,I'll die before I have to meet another Valzar."

Jak Snide

<.< *whistles*

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:17 pm

Kilra bit her lip slightly, and turned to face D fully. The horrendously powerful lich that had blasted D and nearly sliced her apart was a touchy subject.

"Look, I'm sure that Mr Unicorn here wouldn't pit us against foes we have no chance of defeating. And besides, with this kind of thing, it's destiny. We can't lose, you know?"

Elementalist Daien

La, La, La..

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:24 pm

D replied with just one thing:

"I bet that's what Mordain thought."

Jak Snide

¬V¬

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:37 pm

"Well, obviously it wasn't a one man quest! Which means it's one that must be undertaken by a group of strangers who know very little about each other. And while you, Red and I do already know each other, I'm sure that it won't matter that much. And besides, you survived the lich, didn't you? How bad could this be?"

She smiled hopefully, already contemplating what to say next if he continued to contest her.

Edited by: Jak Snide&nbsp; Image at: 1/15/03 3:48:51 pm

Elementalist Daien

Re: ¬V¬

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:42 pm

"Well, Kilra, I hope you realize how silly you just sounded. One that must be undertaken by a group of strangers that... Riiight. I hope you realize that made no sense at all. Also, I quite didn't enjoy getting blasted, you know."

D's voice had no hint of anger and little energy. He knew he was basically wasting spit.

Jak Snide

*chuckling*

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:52 pm

Kilra rolled her eyes. There were some things that males just didn't understand.

"Look, it's quite simple. In all the classic tales of adventure and heroics the quest is undertaken by either a single hero, or a rag-tag band who start of strangers but end up working together through thick and thin. Since this knight couldn't do it by himself, it's obviously a quest that can only be performed by a group, isn't it?"

Now, he had to understand that. Right?

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:57 pm

D's reply to that was quite simple, once again.

"Kilra, you read too many books. This is not a Final Fantasy, or a Breath of Fire or whatever, damn it."

Jak Snide

*still chuckling*

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:01 pm

Kilra couldn't believe this. How could he not see the truth in her words?

"D, D, how many times must I explain. Why would people make up stories when such thing actually happen? It's not like they've got a lack of good material to write about, is there?"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:04 pm

D shook his head. Not again... He just can't convince her, and it's not like anything he says would matter anyway.

"I give up. I guess I'm in too. Can't let you and Red get your sorry asses in danger, after all, now, can I?" D picked up a bit of energy in his tone with that last comment, but still didn't seem too entusiastic about it.

Jak Snide

Woot!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:16 pm

Kilra grinned the grin she always grinned when she got her way with this sort of thing. She made a mental note to pay D back for this later, since she knew how adventuring wasn't his favourite activity. Until then, she decided to show him her thanks with a hug, doing just that, before turning back to the unicorn.

"So, that's...." She counted in her head. "..four of us?"

She sounded surprised. Things weren't as bad as she'd originally thought them, in terms of getting a party together. She cast her eyes over at the other two, waiting to see if they'd been swayed by anything that she'd said.

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Unread postby WillBaseton » Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:28 pm

Shina turned to Kilra and huffed.

"Hey, forgetting me? I said I'd go too."

Her tail twitched a few times, but she didn't look as angry as she could be...

Nekogami

Re: Confuzled drow.

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:11 pm

Riunnoc stood quiet, listening to Kilra and D argue. He turned his head to Corantir. This will be a journey for you all. I have spread out my 4 Deaths, do not be alarmed at their names, all over Igala.You will grow and as you face each Death you will find that your strengths and experiences will be more than enough to aid you.

You will first find Poppione's Barrow to the south near the kingdom of Baron. I shall send you to Mist Village to help you start and then after that, I must leave you on your own. In order to ensure that you are all strong, mentally and physically, enough, witty enough, and patient enough to put a tired soveriegn's spirit to rest I have spread the Deaths out. Foreranne, whom you've met, is the strongest Death next to I so you journey will end with him then me in the place where it began....I hope that is sufficient, young Corantir.
He gave a toss of his head and started to pace down to them again.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Hmm..

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:32 pm

Shada's arms were crossed, and her head was tilted down just slightly. While the circumstances under which she was brought here were... unorthodox, to the point of initially angering her, this IS what she'd left home to do... Test her skills, make a name for herself, maybe even strike it rich. And here was a chance to do all three. She hesitated, then looked up.

"Fine then. When do we go?"

Shiranai

Re: Confuzled drow.

Unread postby Shiranai » Wed Jan 15, 2003 9:21 pm

"Heh. I can tell my company will stay true. Very well then, sir unicorn." Corantir stepped forward and kneeled before Ruinnoc, putting his trident down at his side, as if this was his new liege. "I am yours to command. My life was directionless until this day." He kneeled and awaited his fate to transpire.

Nekogami

Re: Hmm..

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:33 am

Ruinnoc bowed his head and let a single tear drift down his cheek. When this tear hits the ground...The darkness of sleep will consume you, travelers, and your journey shall begin. The tear dangled on his jaw. Go with great courage, head high, swords confident. And very most of all, to a soul that has seen too many bright flames of life go dark, be very careful.

And the tear fell. Suddenly there was darkness. Each of them fell into a dream where they were carried by winged unicorns over a lush green forest with snow-capped moutains to the east. They soared the clouds, looked eye to eye with eagles and birds. Then they begin to spiral downwards. Below, with columns of smoke rising from their chimneys, were the homes and businesses of Mist Village, Baron. Just as they felt as though they would collide with a roof, the dream ended.

They foundthemselves completely refeshed in a suite at the Brandywine Inn. Their weapons we at the sides, each. On a desk in the corner of the room, close to the door was a moneypouch, and a few pouches of items.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:30 am

"Uh... .Uhhhhhh..." D yawned widely.

"What happened... Uh... oh yeah, the cathedral... And that unicorn... SHIT. SHIT SHIT SHIT. What have I gotten myself INTO?." Swearing in 10 different languages would not have been enough for him, so he resorted to simply cluthing his head.

"Shiiittt... I swear I'll be thirty five by the time I can get some time with Kilra..." he held his head, and sighed. Whatever. It will be done in not long, he told himself... Then it would be peace for him. He stood up and shook his head, and lay back down, waiting for the others to wake up.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:47 am

She sat up suddenly, realizing as she woke the blasted unicorn had done it AGAIN! She restrained herself from reacting to this further, atleast from reacting in any way the others could see. Shada HATED being shipped of to other places without knowing how she got there.

She examined the room, and noted each of her fellow "adventurers" in turn, coming to D last. She allowed the smallest hint of a smile, noting that he wasn't exactly pleased about this himself. She then took in her most immediate surroundings, and seeing her rapier not attached to her, snatched it viciously, cradling it close. Let the others htink what they will, this was HERS. No one else should have touched it... not that she could do anything about that at the moment.

She eventually replaced the weapon at her side, and stood, streatching, and so noticed the pouches near the door. She immediately went over to inspect their contents.

Jak Snide

Off we go!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:55 pm

"Five more minutes..."

Kilra rolled onto her side in bed, not quite awake yet.

Elementalist Daien

>=D

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:25 pm

D smirked and walked to Kilra. If she was going to drag him through all this, he wasn't going to stay quiet, oh no he wasn't. He grinned and walked towards her bed, and prodded her in the arm.

"Hey, Kilra. Wake up."

Prod. Prod. Prod.

"Hey, wake up. Can't expect to be a heroine if you oversleep, now, do you?"

Prod. Prod. Prod.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:36 pm

Item Inventory:
Money Pouch: 3000 gold (Baronian Currency)

6 Seperate pouches: Each contains--
2 clear potions (restore 10% of max HP)
1 Red potion (restore 20% of max HP)
1 green potions(cure status ailment poison)
1 Unicorn Tear Pendant (????)

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:43 pm

RedFox just lay there, staring upwards. He couldn't begin to put his thoughts into words, everything spiralling around in one big mass of confusion. He was going to help, oh yes, but he really was NOT in the mood. If he could get himself to, he would have probably cried.

But that wouldn't really give a good impression, now would it?

He bottled it up, though he dealt with it. the whirlpool train of thought tormented him until he finally caught the tail of it all and whipped it into a line. He sorted it out as he was trained to do, but of course, he wasn't entirely convinced that everything was ok. He sat up. "How many more times are we going to be tossed about to another realm or whatever?" He sighed. "I need to calm down, dammit... This is getting to me far too much."

So he crossed his legs and closed his eyes to spend some more time with himself.

Jak Snide

Re: >=D

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:16 pm

"D...nindel zhah naut l'ditronw k'lar..."

Kilra, rolling over again, gradually opened her eyes, rubbing at them with her right hand, gradually beginning to take in her surroundings.

"Wha...where are we?" she murmured.

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:41 pm

RedFox's eyes flashed open and his entire train of thought screeched to a halt as he re-repeated what Kilra had just said. Drow may not be his most fluent language... but mindreading makes translating it all the more easy. He didn't know whether to get ideas for himself and Satuko, or be disturbed, since it would be rather hypocritical to be so. He just shrugged it off and went on meditating...

... Sort of.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

HMM.

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Jan 16, 2003 2:54 pm

She took on of the 6 pouches, attaching it to her belt, and she drew out the unicorn tear pendant, examining it.

"... Interesting..."

She debated... and then replaced it in the pouch, deciding that it's purpose will probably be revealed to her later.

She looked back ot the others

"Gifts for us it seems. Not bad, for the begining of an adventure."

She returned to her bed. let them find their things themselves.

Elementalist Daien

REDFOX GOT A BONER. =D

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:14 pm

D blinked. He idly wondered what that meant, and made a note to ask her later... Maybe. Not that she ever told him what anything she said in drow meant. Ah well.

"I... I don't know. That's actually a very good question. But we won't find out by staying here, will we. So wake up, got no time to waste", D said, with a tone that clearly showed he was enjoying this..

Jak Snide

How would *you* know?

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:27 pm

Kilra swung her legs over the side of the bed, standing slowly and stretching her arms. She felt strangely rested, even though the journey had taken but a moment.

"Well, someone's mood has picked up a little, hasn't it?" She smirked, finding D's sudden change pleasing and amusing.

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Re: REDFOX GOT A BONER. =D

Unread postby WillBaseton » Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:51 pm

Shina sat up in bed, looking around.

"What an odd dr-huh? Everyone's here...so it did happen."

She sighed, tail swishing, then noticed the bag.

"Hm...look at that..."

She walked over to a bag and picked it up.

"A free gift, perhaps...?"

Shiranai

Re: How would *you* know?

Unread postby Shiranai » Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:59 pm

Corantir had been asleep still kneeling, his hands down at his side, and his head resting peacefully on his knee. Now, his aquatic irises were teasing the outside world with their presence. "Unnh...hm..?" Blinking a few more times, the warlock lifted his head and sat back in Indiand style, looking around. He nodded to himself, noting that they were safe and that their journey would ensue. He also noted the presents on the table and the trident at his side. But before that, he decided to specifically note each of his partygoers.

"Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen...but if we're to travel together I think we should become acquainted." To this, he rose, bowing formally to them. "I am Corantir Alithiel. Middle son of the Alithiel Trade Guild, and graduate of Linima Magic School. I am, what most would call, a warlock. I specialize in general magicks and a bit of skill with a pole-arm...as well as the tin whistle." He grinned and plucked a pennyflute from under his large mantle. He then brought it up to his lips and began to play a soft tune.

(The GM may decide how well he plays. ^_^)

Nekogami

Re: REDFOX GOT A BONER. =D

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:29 am

Corantir played a soft, sweet tune that sounded like a birdsong perhaps in the spring. He may have made a mistake once but as a whole the song was sweet and relaxing.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Re: How would *you* know?

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:44 am

She smirked, appreciating the tune. By the end she couldn't resist a sweet smile, feeling much better about the coming day now than she had before.

"Shada Greystorm. Just a traveling mage, though I'm not half bad with my rapier here, if I do say so myself. No official school or big family name, but it works for me."

She waited for the others to introduce themselves, her smile shrinking only slightly as her eyes left Corantir.

RebelKitsune

*cough*

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:05 pm

RedFox let out a loud sigh once he heard the music. The whole tune helped him out so much to get out some of the pent up thoughts and emotions twirling around in his head. He lowered his head down between his legs, a very strange position, but he was quite tuckered out by now. "uuuugh..." He groaned, "Thanks, Corantir..."

Elementalist Daien

Because I'm intleignet.

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Jan 17, 2003 4:08 pm

D winced at the introductions, then waved his hand dismissively...

"Just call me D. I'll be waiting outside, and finding out where in the holy Ishtar we are."

He yawned, and walked out of the room, closing the door carefully so as not to slam it.

Jak Snide

Won't be around for the rest of the night.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Jan 17, 2003 4:38 pm

She watched D exit, a slight look of concern on her face, then turned her head to address the others.

"Kilraianjja, hero of Gunnir, blah blah. Nice to meet you. I'll be outside with D."

And with that, she hurried off after him.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Jan 18, 2003 9:10 am

D turned around, not a little surprised at the fact that she went out of the door before he heard yelling, and the probable event of the others laughing at her. That, however, brought him to the conclusion of why.

"Don't worry, Kilra. I'm all right. Just a touchy subject for me to speak about introductions when I don't have a name to give. It's okay, don't worry." he said, smiling a little.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs