Saga 1: Riunnoc's Challenge (Closed)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Nekogami

Re: Yes, yes, I know.

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:24 pm

Inside the cabin was dusty and had cob and spiderwebs but it was otherwise clean and liveable.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

*cough*

Unread postby Besyanteo » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:50 pm

As she entered, she glanced around the interior of the Cabin.

"Could use a cleaning..."

And she wondered idly if a wind blast would be overkill. After reaching the conclusion that it would, she simply decided to go in search of a broom, so those in the loft might actually be able to breathe when they slept.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:53 pm

Shada found a broom, practically new, in a corner by the stove.

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Re: *cough*

Unread postby WillBaseton » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:00 pm

"Hmm..."

Shina, following her nekojin instincts, took it upon herself to examine every corner of the room, searching.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:06 pm

Shina finds 2 clear potions in a cupboards and 25 baronian gold. As she searched along under the beds she found a dead chipmunk and a gold chain.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Re: *cough*

Unread postby Besyanteo » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:22 am

She took the broom, made her way up to the loft, and began cleaning.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:52 pm

By now having inspected the house, and looking a little disappointed that there wasn't anything really interesting inside, Kilra plopped down on a bed, casting an eye out of a window.

She couldn't say she was happy thus far. After getting all hyped up about this supposedly epic quest the most dangerous thing that'd happened was one of her companions falling into the river, and even then that was easily solved by some magic. In fact, she was feeling somewhat threatened by all those capable of casting spells at the moment, feeling as if abilities weren't needed.

Could have climbed that cliff, but noooo, magic fixed it.

She kicked at some non-existent dirt on the floor dejectedly. She reasoned that she could ask one of the others to teach her a spell, but at the moment, she really wasn't in the mood for such a thing.

Elementalist Daien

Re: Saga 1: Riunnoc's Challenge (Closed)

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:53 pm

D walked in, sighing a long sigh to get rid of the pressure in his chest. Then, looking around, he looked around to see where the others were, before walking to Kilra, the only person he really knew, and he the only person he really cared about (well, except for Red, but he's not that important).

He sat down against the wall just next to her bed, and moved a hand to her forehead, to gently move her hair with his thumb.

"Is something wrong, Kilra?" he said with a worried tone..

Jak Snide

Thoroughly Despondent.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:11 pm

Kilra opened her mouth to tell him that nothing was wrong, then stopped herself. He knew all to well when something was wrong, and she knew from experience that lying to him, even if they were small, itty bitty lies, tended to piss him off.

"Just feeling a little useless, with everyone chucking their big, problem solving spells around."

She sighed, thinking further along this line of thought. What need was there for warriors if someone else could simply say a few mystic words and "fzam!", problem solved.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:28 pm

"Oh...? Don't worry, Kilra. We're just at the beginning" D grimaced. He was stabbing himself, with these words, but he continued. "There will be a time. Magic can't do everything, and I'm sure you'll get to shine."

D smiled and rested against the wall. "But don't worry about such things, Kilra. You'll have your time" With that, he rested a bit more, removing his hand from Kilra's forehead.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:50 pm

Smiling, Kilra lay back on her bad, her mood greatly improved by a simple few words. Knowing that D had confidence in her always made her feel good, considering how pessimistic and aversive he was to her profession.

"Hey, D, want to go climb that cliff face?" she asked, almost randomly considering her previous line of thought.

WillBaseton

Unread postby WillBaseton » Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:56 pm

Shina took the items she found, leaving the chipmunk, and put them in her pack. She then marvelled at the gold chain and astrally "sniffed" it for any enchantments.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:05 pm

"... No." D sighed "Better not waste our strength on something pointless, and risk getting hurt."

Of course, he did NOT mention that it was an utterly stupid idea, but hey...

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:29 pm

She rolled over onto her side, looking at D with the big, stupid grin he'd learned to watch out for.

"Aaaaw, but it'd be fun!"

This time, however, she made if obvious that she was joking, having accepted that D wasn't up for any exercise right now.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:37 pm

"Ohhhhhhh boy" D imitated the phrase he repeated so many times when that grin was made. However, instead of his usual facepalming and grimacing, he razzed Kilra a little, then laughed.

"Mmmm." he muttered, and turned to Kilra. "He said we shouldn't have trouble beating the first Death, didn't he? Well, that's good, I'd say. Considering we haven't even TRIED yet." Even though that wasn't his top topic...

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:43 pm

She rolled onto her back again, staring up at the ceiling.

"Well, it makes sense. There are six of us, after all, and very few creatures can face that many opponents by itself and win. Then there's also how, in all epic challenged, the first opponent is always the easiest. That's how it is."

She neglected to mention, of course, how sometimes a large, powerful foe would show up and totally kick the party's ass before walking off, cackling all the way.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:52 pm

"Uh, well, okay."

... Hmm...

"So, wonder where all this will take us" D said, knowing that this won't end any time soon. By that logic, they were less than a fifth of the way ready, and he knew it would take even LONGER.

"I couldn't care less about the rewards, really... Or the adventure" he muttered, forgetting that Kilra has much better hearing than a human would have..

Jak Snide

Blah

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:03 pm

"Can't you just learn to enjoy it, for once?" she muttered herself, not pleased with the reminder of his outlook on adventure.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:12 pm

"Sorry, Kilra. I just can't find any enjoyment in this.. But never mind, I can live with it"

I only accepted because of you... I can't let you get hurt..

Jak Snide

Re: Blah

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:18 pm

Again rolling over to look at D, she furrowed her brow.

"What is it about adventuring that puts you off, anyway?"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:21 pm

"Pain, maybe? Or hunger? Endless travelling? Camping in outside spaces?"

"Nope, had enough of that, even in three years. You're an elf, you can't understand how much three years are for us."

Jak Snide

Rawr!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:26 pm

"Hey, the world passes by as quickly for me as it does for you!"

D's remark clearly struck a nerve with her. She was all to aware of their vastly different life spans, and had figured out some of the longer term effects.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:29 pm

"Well,yes, yes, of course it does, let's just say we humans change much more easily during the same time. Obvious, once you think about it."

D wasn't hurt much by saying this. Maybe because he was the lesser lived one, who knows.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:32 pm

"True..."

She fell silent, thinking back to his reasoning concerning why he disliked adventuring. She really couldn't think of any reason to change his mind. In the end, it was personal choice.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:36 pm

"Yes, yes. But enough of that, all right? All it's doing is making us feel worse." D smiled, and reached a hand to the top of her head now.

"Yes, forget about it.."

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:39 pm

Again, she was all too glad to put that little difference aside, closing her eyes and nodding slightly, enjoying the moment.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:08 pm

There were no enchantments on the pretty gold chain. Perhaps one of the hunters dropped it.

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:36 pm

RedFox sat outside, looking up towards the sky, knowing that his home lay beneath that very same one... Yet it was too far away to comprehen-...

... He stopped short of his vastly exxaggerated thinking and remembered when he followed his beloved half way across the continent to bring her back. He lost that train of thought quickly and jumped onto the next station to think again about his largest obsession: Satuko.

WillBaseton

Unread postby WillBaseton » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:14 pm

Shina grinned, happy in her findings, and placed the chain around her neck proudly.

"Hey Kilra, look what I found!"

Shiranai

Unread postby Shiranai » Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:19 am

It was not so much wanting to find trouble out in the woods, but rather he had quite a bit still in him for the day, and upon hearing about Miiam's accomidations, he had decided he would not join the others resignedly. Instead, he wandered inconspicuously away into the forest, doing his best to fade into it with obscurity. And sure enough, no one seemed to care enough to take notice.

Well, his trek carried on. All the while he was looking for everything and nothing. The splendors of this pristine place were not in the least monotony from that which he had already seen. With a whistling wind and rustle of leaves, he immedately reflected that by an overreactive person, this would seem almost eerie. But to him, it was just another part of this giant, three dimensional tour de force known as nature. It didn't even bother him wind sent a chill up his spine. Although he had noticed it wasn't so much a cold chill...

No matter. There was tranquility abound, and he was lost in it as a sailor might be lost in an alley of rapant prostitution. Not that he was ready to fornicate with the trees, but the joy was there in any case.

He walked along, over leaves and rocks and roots, grasping his trident with the firmness that comes from a man who feels completely alive.

Jak Snide

XD

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:48 am

Lethargically, the drow opened one eye, inspecting the necklace that the girl had found.

"Hmm, where'd you get that from?"

She was slightly irritated at Shina's timing, although her moderate interest trinkets prevented Kilra from shooing the girl away.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:40 pm

"Hmm."

D stood up and walked off, to leave the girls to do their talking. God knew that when girls started talking...

As a side thought, he got an idea, one which he gained through talking with Kilra.. He went around, and looked for the unicorn.

"Hey Miiam. Miiam?" he shouted, trying to get his attention...

Nekogami

Now that my exam is over...

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:07 pm

Corantir lost in his thoughts and observations bumped unceremoniously into a forest troll.

"Uh? Choldox?" the creature muttered. It bent down, towering over Corantir by two feet at least and examined him. He's long nose poked Corantir in the forehead. "Choldox?"

Meanwhile, D found Miiam examining a dead tree covered in large fungi. The horse turned his head towards D. D, my friend. What can I do for you? Why aren't you nurturing your love with Kilra?

Shiranai

Unread postby Shiranai » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:17 pm

"Why...er...hello, my new friend. Please pardon my intrusion..." Corantir seemed a bit flustered at this sudden encounter. "What, praytell, is this Choldox you speak of?..." He grinned mightily in an attmpt to seem friendly, and held his trident behind his back...strengthening his grip on it.

Nekogami

Re: Now that my exam is over...

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:42 pm

The troll had bristly blue-black hair, a strong chin and yellow tusks. He seemed to have been busy fishing with a spear when Corantir bumped into him.

"Uchi wamma kee? You bamp eento me," he replied sternly. He stood to his full height and crossed his arms, expecting an answer.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nekogami>Nekogami</A] at: 2/12/03 8:45:45 pm

Shiranai

Unread postby Shiranai » Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:17 am

"Eh...er" He thought for a breif moment, then came back with "I seem to have lost my way. I was busy looking for the way out when I bumped into you. You're very modestly built for a troll, that you are. So I didn't notice you in time to stop myself...." His hands did not relent pressure on his trident.

Elementalist Daien

Hm Hm.

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:08 am

D smiled slightly and then grinned.

"Trust me, my friend. While I was letting Kilra on her own for a while, this may yet be the most nurturing moment." with this, shook his head and crossed his fingers behind his back, and lightly bit the inside of his bottom lip.

"You know Ruinnoc promised us a reward and all that. Well, to put it in simple terms, I'll just say that that weapon does not interest me..."

D looked up absentmindedly at a rock, turned around and sat on it, one leg bent inwards and the other one outstretched in front of him, his body resting on the former.

"You probably have an idea why the riches don't interest me, either." His eyes clouded, and he hoped...

"If Ruinnoc's indeed that powerful, I may have the right thing to request... Oh, who am I fooling? He's not a god..." D said, bending and shaking his head, holding his forehead with his palm.

"Just forget it." he said, with a sigh...

Edited by: Elementalist Daien at: 2/13/03 9:11:23 am

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:28 pm

Miiam ambled over to D. Our Lord, Ruinnoc, cannot bring back the dead. But he has great power. Simply ask and if he canno do what you ask, he will do all that he can to bring you one step closer to your goal....You are doing so much for us that we would all do what we could to help you find happiness. Miiam sighed.

The troll look Corantir up and down. He scratched his chin as he studied the human. He pointed to the trident. "Wat dat, mon? Hmm? Wat dat?"

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:28 pm

By this point Shada had finished sweeping out the loft, and was sweeping the additional dust out the door. She thought idly that both D and Corantir seemed to be missing. However, when she heard D's voice not far off, if she couldn't understand what he was sayying, she assumed that the two men were talking, finished her sweeping, and went back inside.

She propped the broom in the corner where she'd found it, and headed up to the loft, to examine it now that it was cleaner.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:35 pm

D sighed again.

"What I want may yet be harder than raising the dead..." he mumbled, and walked closer.

"What I wish is..."

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs