The Elements of Self

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Re: The Elements of Self

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:40 pm

"Yes. Now would be good."

~And maybe I can get some help with my own curse eventually.~

Wanderer Josh

Unread postby Wanderer Josh » Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:34 am

"Sounds good to me too," Kanter responded as he searched around in his pocket, "There it is."

He took out the 30 gil he had been given to buy Pedro back and offered it back to Alex.

"I was too late. They already sold him to a caravan that passed through. Tough luck I guess..."

PSLoyalist

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:48 pm

Angel stepped outside, once again, and surveyed the horizen, nothing of interset caught his eye, as he moved his head from shoudler to shoulder.

"When are we gonna leave..." Angel said impatiently watching a caravan make it's way through the town, "Time is of the essence."

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:20 pm

OOC: Nevermind.

IC: Alex almost blushed, but quickly pocketed the gold coins. "Er, don't worry," he said, "we'll be sure to pay you when this is all over." If it's ever over, he thought. I wonder what that gil was needed for...bah, it's best not to ask....

"Alex," said Tristan, interupting his train of thought, "we're leaving. Now. C'mon everybody, it's going to be a long walk and I'd like to get to the tavern sometime before evening sets in." And with that, Tristan walked out the door followed by her companions.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nebulaqueen>NebulaQueen</A] at: 1/28/03 9:40:30 pm

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:22 pm

Yinnea blinked.

"There are what, five thousand taverns in this town? Is it that hard to find one?"

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:30 pm

"It's not so much a matter a tavern in Doma, that's easy," responded Tristan. "But the thing is, finding a specific tavern can be tricky...like you said, the whole city is made of them. Since we're travelling south tomorrow..."

South?, thought Alex, Oh, this can't be good...

"...it would be best if we get to a tavern on the outskirts of the city to save some time instead of just checking out at the first one we find...if we were going to do that, we would have just travelled back to Kotoki's."

Wanderer Josh

Unread postby Wanderer Josh » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:53 pm

While he walked behind the others, Kanter did notice that Alex seemed to tense up a little when Tristan mentioned going south. After readjusting the straps on his backpack for a little more comfort, he walked a little faster until he was side by side with Alex.

"Something the matter?"

Edited by: Wanderer Josh&nbsp; Image at: 1/28/03 9:55:49 pm

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:56 pm

"...My robes for enough time to teach you people teleportation. Anyway, fine, let's get going.."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=banjooie>Banjooie</A]&nbsp; Image at: 1/28/03 10:11:53 pm

PSLoyalist

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:58 am

Angel followed behind, listening to all the conversations. He learned they were headed south, and trying to find an Inn,

"Great." Angel said pretty loudly, "south...," Angel finished with a softer tone.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:51 am

After a good walk, they finally reached the southern edge of the Doman city. Neb scrounged around for a little longer, and finally found the tavern that would accomodate them. Grouping together once more, they entered their new home away from home.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:31 am

Yinnea looked about.
"...Wait a minute. o.o I LIVE in this city. Why...wait. I'd get an answer. Anyway, let's get ourselves some rooms, then..."

Wanderer Josh

Unread postby Wanderer Josh » Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:50 pm

He must have been pretty sensitive about it. Kanter thought as he walked in after the rest of them. Probably has something to do with his home. Lord knows most travellers don't like talking about home. I know I don't.

"Well I've got a bedroll, so we can at least save on the cost of one room with me sleeping on the floor."

Edited by: Wanderer Josh&nbsp; Image at: 2/2/03 11:51:27 am

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Tue Feb 04, 2003 8:44 pm

...This is kinda turning out to be world-saving kinda stuff here...first the collection of people that wish only to do good, then the mystic...

Right. As soon as ANY unholy beings start coming up, I consider leaving.

PSLoyalist

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Tue Feb 04, 2003 10:01 pm

Angel yawned as they stood in front of the inn(?).

"I feel more comfortable outside." Angel said at the tail-end of his yawn. "I'll meet you guys inside in the morning."

Angel walked off into a dark corner a disapeared, probably leaving the town to find i nice tree to relax under...

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:31 pm

"Where is he-" Tristan, however, was interrupted by Alex tapping on her shoulder. "Don't worry," he said cheerfully, all traces of past nervousness gone, "if he doesn't want to have dinner, let him go off. Now, what was it you were saying about our plans for tomorrow?"

"I'll tell everybody after we sit down at a table. That way, we can discuss things over some hot food. I'm starving..."

After a few quick glances around their rather grubby location, they found an empty table near the entrance and sat down. "First things first," said Tristan, "that was a great idea, Kanter. I like that. Alex and I have some bedrolls as well, and since Angel decided to go sleep outside on a log or something, we should need a maximum of two rooms tops. As for food, we should probably eat here, and save our trail rations for later when we can't get to an inn."

"Where are we going anyways?" asked Neb, curiously.

"I have a friend in Nekonia who has some information on the stones. Basically we're just going to rest up tonight and start our way south tomorrow until we reach the city." Noticing a slightly pale look on Alex's face, Tristan tsked, and said, "Alex, it isn't going to be that bad. They're just Nekojin."

"Anyways," she said, smiling, "who's ready to eat?"

Wanderer Josh

Unread postby Wanderer Josh » Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:58 pm

"You don't have to ask me twice," Kanter grinned, "All I had to eat today were those god awful fish that I had preserved two days ago."

Kanter glanced quickly back out the door in the direction Angel had gone.

He better keep himself safe out there. People sleeping alone in the middle of nowhere usually make good marks for bandits and such.

Edited by: Wanderer Josh&nbsp; Image at: 2/5/03 5:59:07 pm

PSLoyalist

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:07 pm

Angel yawned as he still sat under the same tree. An owl could be heard hooting in the distance, followed by a field mouse nearby.
Angel smilied and pulled his cloak over himself making him almost invisable to the naked eye, especially in the dark. For safty he kept his sword close.

"never liked sleeping in a bed..." Ange said as he drifted off into a deep, hopefully undisturbed, sleep.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:30 am

Yinnea blinked.
"...If we all have bedrolls...and none of us m...Never mind. NEVER MIND. Anyway, yes, let's eat."

PSLoyalist

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Sat Feb 08, 2003 7:29 pm

(OCC: ...looks like we need something to kick this back into gear, like a post)

Angel aburptly awoke at the sound of something moving through the underbrush. The moon, providing little light, shone a silouhette of a large stag on the horizen. With a moments hesitation Angel began to ponder.

I am hungery Angel thought to himself sizing up the delicious buck.

Witha slow methodical movment, Angel reached for his bow, which was stratigaclly placed in front of him, and an arrow from the quiver. Checking to see if the stag had seen him, Angel raised his head slightly, glancing at the black figure against the starlit sky.

The stag bent it's head down, grazing on a small portion of grass. The antlers on it head spread like branches into an uncoutable amout of ends.

Angel nocked the arrow and pulled back on the bowstring, he had all the time in the world to take this shot, he couldn't miss. his arm began to feel heavy from the high poundage bowstring, quivering alittle he regained his posture and sized up the deer. with a decient aim to the heart, he let go of the string.

The next sound that could be heard was a "thwip" as the arrow drove itself deeply into a nearby tree. In confusion and dismay the stag headed straight for Angel, not know which direction the arrow came from.

Diving to the side, Angel barly escape the trampling hooves of the large buck, making it's way through the brush and into the woods, disappearing from sight.

"Great..." angel said to himself as he laid back on the ground and covered himself with the warm cloak.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:04 pm

The group sat at their table, waiting for one of the employees to come around to their table. Neb coughed, breaking the silence, and said, "Well, how about I go see about getting us a room?" Alex shrugged, and said, "Sounds like a plan to me. You seem to know more about this place than we do." Neb nodded, and got up from the table. As she turned around to walk off to the "bacK" of the inn, she bumped into a woman coming near them.

"Er, sorry 'mam, that was an accident..."

The woman just glared at her, and tapped her foot impatiently.

"Um, I'll just be going now."

The woman just continued to glare, causing Neb to decide that walking off was probably a good idea right now. Especially if she was quick.

The woman just shook her head, and turned to the others at the table.

"So," she said, in a throaty, grating voice, "what can I get for yas?"

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:11 am

Yinnea sighed, looking at what must be a very interesting spot on the table.
"Nothing for me, thanks."
This isn't good. It's shaping up to have all the symptoms that scream "GRAND AND HEROIC QUEST". Which almost guarantees...well...I'm sure I'll be alright. After all, Nash was...influenced by Ghaleon. That has to be it. And Mia..uh...was..um..messed because of her mother. Yeah. Not world-saving at all.

Althena help me.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:07 pm

"Nothing for me, thanks. I'm fasting." Cincare had been quiet all this time, thinking heavily on the fact that there might be a cure for her curse.

~Perhaps I should tell them when they all come back...~

"So, Yinnea...enjoying yourself yet?"

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:26 am

Yinnea turned to Cincare, sighing.
"...This is going to turn into a world-saving expedition, isn't it...with demons and gods and all that sort of stuff. And I'm stuck for it. Bloody 'ell."

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:28 am

"Oh come on, Yinnea. It can't be that bad. Look to the positive side. In fact, please do. Negative emotions aren't a good thing around me, remember? Come on. You're out of the house. You have friends around you. And best of all, you're researching magic."

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:30 pm

Yinnea sighed.
"...It is not that which I fear for, but for my sanity...The last three Vanists who were involved in a quest of this type, Nash, Mia Ausa, and Ghaleon, went mad. Although, there are some who claim it was the use of multiple elements, which is why we _never_ use more than one."
She stared at that ever-so-interesting spot on the table.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Wed Feb 19, 2003 3:22 am

~Oh Ishtar help me.~

"...Yinnea, is that why you're so worried? You think you're going to go nuts? Absolutely stark raving mad?" Cincare didn't even wait for a reply. "Girl, you've got a lot to learn. With six hundred years of experience behind me, I think I can safely tell you you're not going to go crazy. Not with me around, either. Crazy emotions have a bitter aftertaste."

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:23 pm

While the two mages were talking, Alex and Tristan had ordered some food for the group, and Neb had gone off to see what rooms were available. Tristan sat there, silently, playing with a loose fringe on the edge of her robes, while listening to snippets of the conversation. So that's why the Vanist has been so on edge...Ishtar forgive me. Her musings, however, were interrupted by the clang of a wooden tray hitting against the table. On it were the loaves of bread, chunks of meat, and the mugs of ale that were ordered, and were being moved from tray to table by the waitress who had taken their orders earlier. She gave them a suspicous glance, before moving on to serve others.

"I don't trust her," Alex muttered darkly.

"Don't be so suspicous," she whispered back, while breaking off a piece of bread.

"So," said Alex, looking at Kanter, "hungry?"

Wanderer Josh

Unread postby Wanderer Josh » Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:31 am

OOC: Bah! Sorry this is so late in coming. School=shit right now.

IC: Kanter stared at the two women as they talked back and forth about world saving, Neo Vanists going mad, and something about being 600 years old... It was all he could do to actually listen in to their conversation. What with the food just spread before him.

A long time ago Kanter and Tieros would have quit the job by this time. After all, barely even a day and people are worried about saving the world. And nothing good usually happened during those treks.

But this was going to be different.

Let's take stock here. Again... I'm just here to get some money, nothing noble. Once this is all done, I'm out of here. It's just like Merkent always said. "The money is the important thing." But now there's her.

He looked over in the direction Neb had gone.

God I am a sucker for a cute girl... But... It's like there's something more about her.

Being so absorbed in his own thoughts he almost missed Alex's question and the food, which he promptly started to feast on.

"Yup," Kanter managed to say between gulps, "Hey, what can you tell me about Neb?"

PSLoyalist

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:19 pm

Angel's stomach grumbled loudly, waking him up and causing a squirrel to scurry of with a large acorn in it's mouth. Hunger was obviously becoming a factor.

"Oh, jeez, i forgot to eat something before I left," Angel said feeling exhausted, "It's gonna be embarrasing, but i gotta go back..."

Angel got up from his spot, leaving his stuff in it's place, except his sword. Shething the sword he walked off towards the Inn that the group had entered.

When Angel arrived at the front door, he opened it, being assaulted by the smell of beer, bread, and raw meat. Cheerful cries could be heard from tables smattered around the tavern floor.

Angel observed and found the table, drinking and eating their ordered food. With swift feet, Angel made his way to the table and sat down on a seat.

"Did ya miss me?," Angel said grabbing some meat from the center of the table.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:48 pm

OC: Heh, know the feeling. By the way, Josh, what's your AIM sn?

IC: Tristan smiled, and said, "Well, as long as you have a bedroll and the tavern charges by the room and not by the person, then the answer is yes." Alex, however, looked slightly annoyed at the intrusion, as he was trying to get some for himself. Shrugging it off, he grabbed a chunk of black bread and turned to Kanter, leaving the rest to whoever was hungry.

"Neb? Eh, she's a friend of Tristan's, don't know her too well myself. Some sort of time mage, I think, although Tristan said she knows other stuff as well. However," he said, taking a sip of his ale, "the most important thing about her is that she has connections that we need."

Besides, he added silently, there are other things we need to worry about...

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:59 pm

Yinnea nodded along with the conversation.

Maybe she would go mad. Maybe she wouldn't. It's irrelevant anyway. She was stuck for it, after al...

Wait, what?

Are they at it again?

Is that..

"Whoa, whoa, wait..Time Mage?"

Wanderer Josh

Unread postby Wanderer Josh » Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:17 am

OOC: my AIM sn should be wandererjosh or Wanderer Josh. Feel free to text me if you want. I leave Aim on all the time unless I lose the connection at the dorm.

Kanter nodded, shoving another loaf of bread down his wind pipe in a chewed form and ignored the Neo Vanist for the time being, "So a lot of people know her, just not a lot about her."

Kanter leaned in next to Alex after he finished swallowing, "Just between us, I think she's cute. Is she spoken for or anything?"

PSLoyalist

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:51 am

Angel grabbed a peice of bread, among the last the way these guys were eating it... And began to take bits out of it. All he could think about was his bow back were he let it lay.

I hope it dosn't get destroyed or taken...

Angel signaleed over a waitress for a pint of rum, when he finisheed his bread.

[edit] edited accordingly, sorry, I hate making short posts, even in conversation.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=psloyalist>PSLoyalist</A] at: 2/21/03 6:53:03 pm

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri Feb 21, 2003 5:37 pm

OC: Thanks. And don't worry too much about making short posts, just as long as they're worthwhile. Remember: Quality over Quantity.

IC: "Er, I don't really think she's taken for..." Well, thought Alex, that's a bit different...

Meanwhile, the waitress had gone off to get Angel's drink. She didn't really do anything else, other than give him an extremely scrutinizing gaze. It was as if she didn't trust the group at the table.

Tristan, slightly annoyed, was about to ask Angel who's money he was planning to spend, but decided against it. After all, she did offer the others to order something, and anyways, the rum wasn't that expensive. Besides, she found it a bit more important to answer Yinnea's question at the moment.

"Yes," she said, "Neb's a time mage, and also knows a bit of 'black' and astral magic. Is this a problem?" While Tristan portrayed a calm, relaxed exterior on the outside, on the inside she was secretely hoping, pleasedon'tleavepleasedon'tleavepleasedon'tleave... She also decided not to indulge too much about her powers yet...if Yinnea had a problem with a bit of time and astral magic, she'd probably have a conniption over what Tristan could do...

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nebulaqueen>NebulaQueen</A] at: 2/21/03 8:53:38 pm

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:52 pm

Yinnea blinked.
"Alright. o.o This "Time" and "Astral" magic...."
Yinnea carefully avoided the subject of black magic. She had learned, at least, that that generally fell under fire, thunder, water, and earth. She didn't quite understand why. Shouldn't that logically be Dark? ...Crazy Gaerans.
"So, um, let me see...this TIME magic...what exactly does it entail? And where would I learn it? ...And I ask the same about the Astral magic."
Ooh, I'll be DAMNED if I'm not learning some serious magic outta this!

Wanderer Josh

Unread postby Wanderer Josh » Sat Feb 22, 2003 2:13 am

Kanter nodded as he listened to Alex, "Great. That's all I needed to know, thanks."

With that he started to chew on a new peice of meat as he listened in to the conversations around him. He gave a nod and a smirk to Angel before he settled in on Yinnea and Tristan's talk.

"Astral Magic?" Kanter asked after swallowing some more food, "If you want to know about astral magic then you could try my sister. She was studying the stuff before I left home."

PSLoyalist

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:33 am

Angel grined with delight, the thought of food in his stomach felt good, he hadn't been this full in years, with only a the occasional animal hide he turned in.

"magic, never wanted to get caught up in that stuff," Angel whispered to himself, listening in on the developing conversation.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:38 am

Tristan looked incredibly relieved when Yinnea said this, and soon even got a curious and eager glint in her eye. The latter caused Alex to groan. While until recently he had spent most of his life away from mages (well, unless you count the occasional priest or priestess), he had learned quickly that most of them loved to talk about magic with each other on end, and Tristan was no exception. If he had been more well versed in the mannerisms of the arcane artists, he would have also realized that Neo Vane mages were the worst of the lot when it came to this fact, which would have been worse on him. Shaking his head, he merely went back to his drink, hoping for Neb to return soon with news on the rooms.

"Well," said Tristan, "Time Magic is a really interesting art, but the thing is, it's very difficult to manage. However, the rewards are well worth it. Basically, it allows you to affect the flow of time around you. You can slow objects and people down, speed things up, or make things stop all together temporarily, as if the surrounding area was frozen in time. You can also make things more aged, as well as younger, however, the latter's more difficult and less efficient. You might as well have a white mage or perhaps an illusionist for that.

The major disadvantage to time magic, however, is that it can really screw up the time line, astral plane, or a lot of times the world around you. It isn't surprising for an interdimensional rift to be opened up due to a time spell gone wrong, nor is it uncommon for someone to just dissapear mysteriously. However, a while to master, spells in time magic can go wrong, If you're reallyi interested, I think we might meet up with one we reach Nekonia."

EDIT: Fixed a mistake. *Thought she removed Valth during the last edit...*

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nebulaqueen>NebulaQueen</A] at: 2/24/03 7:12:38 am

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:42 am

Yinnea nodded happily as Tristan carefully explained the wonders of Time Magic.

All was well. I mean, imagine! Control of time! And that wasn't any of the other elements, so she'd get to learn it! And this was wonde...
r...
ful...

!!!
"So..um..it messes with the time space continuum?" Yinnea's voice was pleading. Althena, let Tristan be actually joking about it messing up the time/space continuum....

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:53 am

"Er, um, well, most responsible and competent mages don't affect time/space majorly...that would cause too much trouble, really. I mean, screwing up the continuum for good would just be stupid...besides, a lot of mages find other sources for energy to put less stress on it...even if it can lead to an increased chance of mana poisoning if they take in too much energy...erm, hey! Why don't I tell you a bit about astral magic?"

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs