The Elements of Self

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Banjooie

Re: The Elements of Self

Unread postby Banjooie » Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:15 am

Yinnea brightened.
"Yes. Astral magic. That can't be bad for the time/space continuum. Thus a good thing. Yes. Let's hear about that, and not things that cause anomalies."

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:18 pm

"Well, the first thing you need to know about astral magic is the fact that every creature has an aura. The aura allows for beings to take mana and access the astral plain-I'll explain more on that later-, thus, being able to practice magic. Each aura is different, which is why someone can be extremley talented at magic while another can't do a thing with it. However, practicing magic isn't the only thing an aura is good for; it also protects the being from being overflowed by mana.

Now, on astral magic itself, it basically allows you to affect the astral plain and other people's auras. By manipulating the astral plain, you can power up your spells, or even affect the physical world, by throwing things, pushes, that sort of thing. The best thing about astral magic, however, is how flexible it is. Since the astral plain taps into every other plain of magic, a variety of different spells can be accomplished. In fact, a good way of describing magic as a whole is taking raw astral and shaping it."

Tristan paused a bit to catch her breath, and then finished off the rest of her ale. "So, do you have any more questions?"

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Mon Feb 24, 2003 4:22 pm

Yinnea listened..
Auras, yeah, normal stuff...yes, yes, why we're better at magic than you, yes...affecting the astral plane, mmhm..pushes, yeah, already do that...Wait..
"A _variety_ of different spells? I see..I see..."
Bloody 'ell! Why do people insist that it's an incredibly good thing that they're using multiple elements, when all it does is make you a JACK of all trades, not a king nor queen of one!
"No, no more questions." She sighed, and stared at this ever so interesting spot. World-saving, and worthless magic. This was getting worse by the minute.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:03 pm

There was a bit of an awkward silence between the two, until Neb finally walked back to the table. She sat down, and grabbed one of the last pieces of bread.

"So," said Tristan, "did you find out about the rooms?"

"Can't talk right now," she said, "eating."

Alex rolled his eyes, and waited for her to finish her bread. "Were you able to get the room?"

"Yeah," she said, "but I found out that they're going to charge extra since we're all sharing one. It's still cheaper than getting two, though."

Tristan mumbled something inaudibly under her breath, and turned to the group. "Are you all ready to go in, or do you want to stay out here for a bit?"

PSLoyalist

Re: ...

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:07 pm

"I'm ready," Angel said, getting up from the table, and before the other could responde he was out the door, making his way to the tree he slept under.

When he got there, all his stuff was right were he left it, laying down under his cloak, he fell instantly to sleep.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:24 pm

OOC: Mad props to Pervy for helping with this post.

IC: While Angel walked off, Neb lead the group at the table away from the lower area of the inn and up the rickety staircase to where the rooms were located. After looking through the cramped hallway for their door, they finally found the right room and, after unlocking it with the key the attendant gave Neb, they entered.

The room was a bit larger than expected. While it wasn't exactly spacious, it was larger than what the size of the hallway implied (ie: the size of a small walk-in closet). It would be large enough for them all to rest comfortably, if one of them took the mattress in the corner.

Alex, Neb, and Tristan set their things on the floor near the wall next to the door, assuming that the others would follow suit similary. After setting up for the night, Tristan walked over to the bed and sat down on it. "Before we do anything else," she said, "I'd like to go into more detail on our plan for tomorrow.

First, we're going to get up early tomorrow, and after paying our bill and eating breakfast, we'll find our way to a caravan service that's set up on the outskirts of the city. While they're nowhere near famous, they're quick and reasonably priced. It should take us about two weeks to get to Nekonia city, if we don't have any problems on the way."

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:32 am

Yinnea nodded.
"Ah, I see. And remind me why we're going to Nekonia?"

Wanderer Josh

Unread postby Wanderer Josh » Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:34 am

After setting up his bedroll next to another wall, Kanter deposited all his gear on the floor next to the bedroll. After that he laid back on it and idly listened to the conversation going on about what was going on tomorrow.

It really didn't matter where they went. After all, being a mercenary for hire never included staying put for very long anyway. Actually it was the traveling that kept Kanter from just going back home.

Home... It's strange, but for such a great place to grow up in... I never want to go back there.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:42 am

"We're going there to try and find information on the stones," she said calmly. "The sooner we get to them, the sooner we can get this over with."

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:25 am

Yinnea nodded, then realized something.

This'd be the first time since coming to Gaera that she'd actually be _away_ from the rest of the Neo Vanists. Standing, on her own, in a way. And she took a deep breath.

Alright. I can _do_ this.

"Right, then. If we're going that far..."
She checked her supplies. She had three bags of iron filings, and a dagger, for weapons. In the hands of a normal person, fairly useful. In the hands of a sword mage, incredibly deadly.
Oh, yes. She would prove herself this time. And she was NOT going to finish this adventure without some new spells. Ones that didn't risk the time/space continuum.

"Then I'm going to need to ask a few things. As in, who uses metal weapons? Because we could have a bit of a problem here..."

Wanderer Josh

Unread postby Wanderer Josh » Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:27 am

"That would be me," Kanter said as he hefted a scabard encased great sword into the air with one hand.

"I don't see why I'd have a problem. It's not like you'd intentionally use a rust spell on it..... would you?"

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:32 am

Yinnea shook her head. "Let me explain something to you. I don't use _rust_. Rust is a _Water_ spell. Course, I can't expect you to figure that out, you're one of the few that doesn't seem to have heard of us. I am a Sword Mage. I'm good enough with magnetism spells to bring iron filings through up to 2 feet of granite. Problem is, if I screw up, and I were to pull your sword instead, we could have an issue. That's why I need to know _now_, so I can prevent it from happening. Oh, and could you lend me your sword for a second? I want to show you something.

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:36 pm

Alex looked at Yinnea with curiousity. "hmm..." he mused quietly to himself, "this should be interesting..."

He unbuttoned his vest and opened it, revealing three long, slender daggers strapped in. He pulled them out, and let the cloth of his vest drop. "I use these," he said. "Feel free to take a look at them when you're done with Kanter."

Wanderer Josh

Unread postby Wanderer Josh » Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:29 am

Kanter Grimaced slightly. Not at the fact that she could trow him through that much granite, but at the fact that she wanted to do something with 'his' sword. But curiosity got the better of him.

"Ok, I'm game. And watch out, I made it's heavier than average for a better swing," Kanter said as he dropped it into Yinnea's hands, "It better come back to me in one piece."

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:28 am

Yinnea giggled a little, wielding the sword. Surprisingly, she could lift it comparatively easily.
"Now, you'll get to see one of the fancier tricks a Sword Mage learns. Get ready to see some fireworks, and some firewood!"
She aimed her sights on a tree, standing with her legs apart, her right foot closest to the tree.

Right, if I remember, I should...
And, she hopped once on her left foot, used the air to leap the right foot, and spun around once in the air, slashing the sword at the air.
"Check this out!"
As soon as the sword touched ground, a rather sparkly looking shockwave burst into existence, zooming off towards the leafy target, before shattering it into kindling.

"Granted, a moving target could probably jump over it or out of the way, but, y'know, point being. So none of you get any damn well ideas about me being soft because I'm a girl and...huh?"

She looked down at the ground. A book was lying there. One of her romance novels. She quickly looked away.
Right, right, maybe if I ignore it, it'll go away..stupid sleeves...
"Right. Now, um, as for the daggers, I don't have any particular worries about those. But, yeah. Anybody with metal weapons really should warn me. It'd save us all a little embarassment."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=banjooie>Banjooie</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/12/03 2:59:50 am

NebulaQueen

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:27 am

Neb wasn't paying attention to much attention to Yinnea's first statement that much; however, she did see what she did to Kanter's sword, and what she said to Alex. Then, a stunning realization dawned on her.

While she didn't need it for all her magic, she did use her staff quite frequently.

And her staff was, essentially, a big frickin' rod of metal.

Oh, f!@#...

She coughed, and said, "Er, what do you make of this?" She held up the staff, and ignored the romance book on the floor that was probably left by the last tenants.

OOC: The metal in Neb's staff is not from Gaera, but Yinnea might be able to have some effect. However, it could probably also counterreact with the magic that's in it. Depends on how her magic works.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nebulaqueen>NebulaQueen</A] at: 3/13/03 11:31:38 pm

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Wed Mar 12, 2003 6:09 pm

Yinnea looked at it.
"WEELLL..Just be careful, okay? I just need to know who has metal weapons."

PSLoyalist

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:31 pm

Angel walked in, all his stuff under his arm and unorganized.

"damn wolves won't leave me alone," Angel said as he found a small open spot on the floor.

Realizing the conversation, he pulled out his shortsword and handed it to the girl.

"It's a pretty good sword, really light to, so i can make a fast strike. And i'm pretty sure stone tip arrows arn't a problem.

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:42 am

Yinnea nodded.

"Right, light sword. I'll have to remember that one...

So, if that's it, I don't have a whole lot else to show you."

NebulaQueen

*sings* Let's do the time warp agaaaain...

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:31 am

OOC: As nothing else is really going to happen....fast forward time! Also; don't assume we're going to be fast forwarding straight to morning...yet...

Also, this post done with the help of Banjooie, the letter 3, and the number A.

IC: After all was said, done, and taken care of, the party had crawled into their sleeping spaces, planning on going to sleep.

However, they were unaware that on the other side of the city, someone was wide awake and forming plans of their own for the night.

"How...quaint."

"Cut the crap, I know you didn't come here to compliment my house on it's decor. The only reason your here is because I owe your little "friend" a debt."

"You know, there's nothing wrong with accepting a little politeness. In fact, it can even be a good survival skill at times."

The short man rolled his eyes, and responded in a deadpan tone, "Ahahah. You slay me at times."

"I try my best."

"Quit being a wiseass."

"You started it."

"Look, I don't have any time for this. What did you need to know?"

"Anything useful," responded the taller man in his characteristic silky voice.

The short man sighed, and twisted his moustache nervously. After shifting around for some papers on his desk, he handed them to the taller man.

"Do you know where they were heading?" he draweled out, while taking the papers.

"One of the taverns down south. The Roasted Piglet, or summat like that. Is there anything else you..."

However, before he could finish the statement, his comrade had left for other things

---

It had been hours later since the group had began it's attempt at sleep, and Tristan was only beginning to get the hang of it for the night. After a plague of worries decided to, well, plague her mind in the way that worries do, she had finally fallen into a sleep. An uncomfortable, restless sleep, but a sleep nonetheless.

It would have been quite pleasant, in fact, were it not for the strange dream she had gotten herself into.

Tristan walked into a bright arena, almost blinded by the sheer amount of light contained therein. Thankfully, the lights began to dim down, until only two spotlights were left. One on her, the other on.

"Yinneah?" she asked with confusion in her voice.

The other person was, in fact, the Neo Vanist that was traveling with them. Currently, she was sitting on the ground, drawing something on the dirt with a stick. She stopped, interrupted, and looked around. "Ah. Light magic. I see," she responded.

"No, I don't," said Tristan, slightly annoyed.

"You don't? Well, there should be a torch around here."

Rolling her eyes, Tristan looked around. All of a sudden, a chill wind surrounded them...well, maybe just Tristan, as Yinnea seemed perfectly comfortable. The female youth tried to put her arms around herself for comfort, when she felt a strong prick impale her right arm. "Oh fer cryin' out loud..." She looked at her arms to see what was happening, and noticed in shock that the lower part of her left arm was slowly transforming into a sword.

"F#$@."

She turned around, and decided that grabbing Yinnea and leaving would be a good idea. However, when she started walking towards her fellow mage, her arm/appendage began to have a different idea. Well, actually, it did agree on the fact that they should go near Yinnea; it's just that it wanted to maul and slice her as opposed to helping her. It was even quite enthusiastic about this, as it started pulling her towards the Neo Vanists at quite a quick pace, almost like a dog running down the road with his poor owner being drug behind while handling the leash.

As the sword was getting closer to her face, Yinnea looked up again and said, "Right, you get a handle on that possession. I ain't Hzar, y'know."

"Well, this wasn't exactly a concious decision on my part, you know!"

Annoyed, Yinnea merely rolled her eyes, and broke the stick she was drawing with. All of a sudden, Tristan stopped, as if being slammed against an invisible window.

"Better?" Yinnea asked.

"Yeah, pretty much."

There was a long, awkward pause in which Yinnea and Tristan just stared at each other.

"So..." asked Yinnea, "when exactly are you leaving?"

"Erm, when I can find the exit."

"It's right under the turnip, didn't you see?"

Tristan blinked. "Turn...ip?"

"You know, the tapestry that's hanging up."

Tristan looked around, and noticed that on one of the walls there was, in fact, a tapestry. Of a turnip. Tristan shook her head at the insanity of it all, but decided to just get up and go to it. "By the way," she said, "thanks for telling me."

"Don't mention it."

After opening the round door found under the tapestry, Tristan found herself awake. She opened her eyes, and noticed that it was still dark. Not morning yet.

Shaking her head, she put her head down again and tried to get back to sleep, while filing away the rescent REM journey into her memory for future use.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nebulaqueen>NebulaQueen</A] at: 3/13/03 11:46:43 pm

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:28 am

Yinnea woke with a bit of a start, and glared at Tristan.

"Right. You. Stop having premonitions."

And, that problem settled, she went back to sleep.

NebulaQueen

It's just a jump to the left...

Unread postby NebulaQueen » Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:25 pm

The rest of the night passed soundly, without any other strange occurences.

Alex was the first to wake up in the morning. He noticed the others, still asleep, as he arose from his sleeping roll. He stretched his arms, and yawned silently as he walked past his companions and tiptoed to the window in the room. He drew open the drabby curtain, and noticed the sun rising in the horizon.

Hmm...might be a bit early for the others...I'll go wake up Tristan first and ask her when she wants to leave...

Alex walked over to her, and gently pushed her arm. "Hey, Tristan, time to get up..."

She didn't respond, other than some slight mumbling.

Frowning, Alex began to shake her harder. "C'mon Tristan, seriously, you have to wake up now..."

Still no response. He started to shake her by her arm and shoulder.

This actually got a response.

Mostly in the form of a shocked screech on the part of Tristan.

"What...do you think...yo-oh, it's just you," she said, sounding relieved. Alex rolled his eyes. "Yes, it me," he said slightly annoyed, "Do you think you could have been any louder?"

"Well, erm, you caught me sort of off guard..."

Well, thought Alex, on the plus side, I don't have to worry about waking everybody up...

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=nebulaqueen>NebulaQueen</A] at: 3/16/03 7:30:22 pm

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:28 pm

The Sword Mage woke with a bit more of a start than last time.
"Oh, for the sake of Althena! Is this going to happen EVERY NIGHT?!"

She grumbled, pulling herself together.

"Let's just get going, shall we?"

PSLoyalist

greatest subject ever

Unread postby PSLoyalist » Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:13 pm

Angel awoke, but not with a startle, he was used to the sounds of nature, which included the dying screams of helpless animals.

"Good morning," Angel said quietly to he one's awake.

Without anything else, Angel organized his stuff in his pouch and bag, then made his way outside the room.

"i'll be waiting downstairs," Angel said before he disappeared out the door.

Ronin

Unread postby Ronin » Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:22 am

(hey sorry for interupting, this sounds like a great rp, and I was wondering if it was to late to join?, thanks for your time!)

Banjooie

Re: greatest subject ever

Unread postby Banjooie » Sat Mar 22, 2003 3:37 am

Yinnea looked at Angel as he left.
"..Interesting. Can we go now?"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=banjooie>Banjooie</A]&nbsp; Image at: 3/29/03 7:38:17 pm

Previous

Return to Gaera Main RPs