Into The Clouds (Freestyle)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: Still relaxed here...

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Jan 29, 2003 9:46 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"Uh... I..."

THOUGHT!

"Hey Rune... where you stayin'?"

Without knowing it, Jansen smirked and quirked an eyebrow.

... dammit.</span>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Jan 29, 2003 10:19 pm

<div align=justify><font color=green>"With my 'comrades' in the barracks, of course..." she replied, quirking an eyebrow back. "I am a Baronian dragoon, after all..."

In training, she added silently. She nodded to Keriann, then headed out of the room slowly, lingering in the tavern.

Maybe I should treat myself to a drink...

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Jan 29, 2003 10:20 pm

Greg nodded. " 'fraid not. I was expecting to leave immidiately. But I suppose I can put up for the night. Have any places to recommend?"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

... nuts.

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Jan 29, 2003 10:47 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"Well then, uh... guess I'm finding a hotel room too... this dump have rooms?" he said, referring to the BD itself.

She quirked her eyebrow at me... ^_^ o.o; Hey... what am I, a pimply faced teenager? Oh brother...</span>

[i]Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 1/29/03 9:48:30 pm

Geocsuppi

Re: ... nuts.

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:45 am

Robert finally spoke up.

"Yes I'm in the same boat as him," Robert said as he pointed to the other man who needed to stay at a hotel.

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Re: ... nuts.

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:02 pm

"Not really." said Keriann. "You could probably sleep in the stables, though. Remember, until you meet be back here tomorrow morning and we set out, I'm under no obligation to pay for your rooms." She sounded smug about it as she walked upstairs.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Prodigal

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Thu Jan 30, 2003 2:10 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"Stables? F$%@ that... I know a place for me to sleep... I'll see you idiots..."

He looked intently at Rune. "... and you in the morning."

With a smirk, Jansen ascended the stairs and hit the streets.

Damn... I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this... this is just f@#$ great. Thanks a lot, Carrion or whatever the hell your name was...

He turned down a street into what most would consider to be Baron City's suburbs. The houses were neatly made, colorful and adorned with small, special touches that made the house a home all its own. But when Jansen looked at them, he saw sheep. Obedient lambs whose only distinguishing quality was the arrangement of ticks in their fleece.

He hated this place. And yet, called it home.

He stopped, and turned. This lamb, this house was his own. Noiselessly, he stalked up the lawn. He hopped the fence, knowing the gate would creak, and walked over to a rear window that was a couple feet above his head. This was old hat for him. He grabbed a lawnchair that was covered with filth, and reached up to open the window. It, of course, was locked, but he had long ago learned how to pick this one.

In an instant he was inside. He closed the window behind him, and took off his boots. Huh, he thought, they still didn't change it, after I told them to again and again.... go figure. He took off his jacket, and quietly slipped into the bed.

"BA-DOOM!"

That was the sound of the door being kicked in. The foot belonged to an angry looking man, wielding a sword menacingly. Jansen rolled his eyes, and stood. "Dad, could you put that away, please?"

Mr. Cade looked adamant. "I would if I were sure you weren't coming to rob us." The anger in his eyes was obvious.

"Dad, I just need a good night's sleep. Just leave me alone, please?"

"Oh no. I'm not going to let you stay in this house. The second I turn my back this place will be looted, won't it?"

"It won't be looted..."

"Karl... what's going on?" said a small woman, wiping the fatigue from her eyes. When she opened them, she saw him. "Jansen..." she smiled, and hurried over to hug him.

"Hi mom," he replied.

Selene sighed and looked up into his face. "What... what brings you, honey?"

"Just need a place to crash."

"A place to crash?" his father piped in. "We're not a couple of your drinking buddies, Jansen. You shouldn't even be here! What is it? Is there another warrant out for your arrest and you need a place to hide?"

"I'M NOT HIDING!" Jansen shouted back, his mother shrinking away from him. "I... I just have a job to do here and I need a place to sleep, that's all."

"Well... that's my boy," Karlin said with mock pride. "Homeless and having to come home to his parents." He pointed at him with his old blade. "You know what, Jansen? You can forget it! Just get..."

"Karl..." Selene interrupted. "What's one night?"

"What's one night?" he repeated incredulously. "One night means he STILL thinks he can walk all over us and get away with it! No, Selene, I won't let it happen!"

"Karl... please... he's our son..."

Karl knew that that was the last of the discussion on it. He looked to Jansen again. "You had better be on your best behaviour, or I WILL put a bounty on your head, mister. DEAD OR ALIVE." With that he disappeared from the doorway.

"Huh... still his charming old self..." Jansen muttered.

"Oh, he's just... a little steamed, that's all," his mother rationalized.

"Then someone should take the firepit from under his ass..."

"Oh honey! Language!"

"Heh... sorry mom." He yawned. "I'm gonna get sleeping now, mom. Couldja... y'know..." He made a little sweeping motion with his hand towards the door.

"Oh, uh... of course, dear." She smiled, and began to leave. But then she paused, and looked to him. "Jansen?"

"Yeah mom?"

"Please don't let us down."

He smirked. "Wouldn't dream of it."

She smiled to herself, half believing it, and left.

An hour later she returned. Jansen slept restlessly, seeming to have nightmares. She quietly walked over to the side of his bed, and kissed his forehead. Gently, his restlessness stopped. And she saw him with more peace in his soul than ever.</span>

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 1/30/03 1:31:27 pm

JoshuaDurron

Camping

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:14 pm

Greg shrugged. "Well, I probably couldn't afford a room of my own anyway."

He made his way out of the Dragon, and to the outskirts of town. The next few hours were spent browsing the local shops, looking for anything he might need (and be able to afford). As dusk began to fall, he found his way to a grove of trees just beyond the city limits and stretched out under the branches of one of the biggest ones. He gazed out from under it for a while, staring up at the stars in silent contemplation.

There was a slight laugh from under the shadows created by the trees, and then Greg could be heard saying, "Well, I'm going at it again, Kenshi. Not sure if I'll wind up as well as you this time, but just you watch. I'll show you up one of these days..."

pd Rydia

Re: Prodigal

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Jan 30, 2003 6:06 pm

<div align=justify><font color=green>Rune made her slow way back to camp, reported in, and wordlessly performed her final duties for the night before turning into the barracks. She'd have to wake up early to sneak her way out of her morning obligations, she realized. Despite her need for sleep, however, she laid awake for a long time, restlessly debating the job to be started in the morning.

Is this something I want to do? she wondered. Being party to stealing an airship...I won't be able to return here ever again...

Not that I belong here...I should have left ages ago. Then again, there's a lot of loot on the line, too...I could retire to some eastern country and live pleasantly there, without the commanders trying to crush the life out of me...

Eh...
she thought, turning over to her side. At least if I become an outlaw in Baron, Jansen'll be one, too. Besides, can't live my whole life in fear of these bastards...

Finally coming to her decision, she rolled back onto her back, and slowly drifted off to sleep.</font></div>

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:22 am

Robert ascened the stairs and exited the building.

"Hmm... a nights sleep somewhere."

Robert went to a near by shop and bought a wool blanket with the last of his money. He wrapped himself up in the blanket and sat down leanning up against the wall. He tried to get to sleep, and eventually he did nod off.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:55 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen's eyes fluttered open, then squinted shut. "Damn sun," he muttered, pushing his blanket off of him. He rubbed his eyes, and sat upright in his bed. As he brought his feet to the ground he felt something, and heard something crinkle. He rose his left foot, looking down to see what he nearly crushed.

It was a sack lunch.

Jansen smirked. He hadn't expected this from his mother. It was oddly good of her to do this, especially seeing as she'd have to wake up pretty early or stay up very late to do it.

There also was a note.

Jansen,

I know you're going to go do something dangerous, so I want you to keep your strength up. I love you honey, and believe it or not, so does your father. Ishtar bless you.

Mom

Jansen smirked, grabbed the lunch and his coat, and hopped out his window...</span>

JoshuaDurron

Early Riser

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:28 pm

Greg was up long before the sun. After stretching a few cramps induced by sleeping without aid of a matress, he gathered his equipment up and stood looking at the pre-dawn sky for a moment. Then he took his bow in hand and put an arrow to the string. He pulled the feathers back to his ear and pointed the tip towards the starry sky.

No one knows how the tradition of the 100th archer's detatchment started. But every time they prepared to go on a mission, someone would fire an arrow straight up into the air. If it landed clear of him, then the mission would go well. If it hit him he would be treated, given the day of, and then the detatchment would prepare for the worst.

"The sun shone, the wind blew,
the grass was wet with morning dew,
the heavens above watched the adventurer's way,
and brought him to his rest at the end of day."

The old chant ran off of Greg's lips, their feel like a lover's kiss to him. With that said, he closed his eyes and let the arrow fly. For a moment there was only the sound of the arrow whistling through the air. Then there was a stinging pain, and the sound of an arrow embedding itself deeply into something.

Greg opened his eyes and looked down at his left hand. Blood slowly trickled down it's back side and began to form a drop by his palm. "Well, Kenshi," Greg muttered, "It looks like this will be an interesting job indeed."

He stooped down and yanked his arrow out of the earth, then returned it to his quiver. He looked at the scratch on the back of his hand, but figgured it would heal fine on it's own. He would have trouble explaining how it got there if he was asked about it, though. With a shrug, he checked all his equipment once more, and began walking into town. His route took him by the guard barracks, and he paused a moment to look at them.

Hadn't one of the other people recruted been a guard? The girl, Rune? He wondered if she was out and moving around yet. But then he shook his head ruefully. "A kid like here probably isn't moving as early as an old campaigner like me..."

He sighed and resumed his treck towards the Belching Dragon.

Geocsuppi

Re: Early Riser

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Feb 01, 2003 2:15 am

A wagon passed infront of Robert waking him with a start. He had slept good considering. He stood up and let the blanket fall. He stretched and when he was done picked up the blanket. With a couple of steps he entered the Black Dragon.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Feb 01, 2003 3:49 pm

<div align=justify><font color=green>By the time the others had reached the basement of the Black Dragon, Rune was already there, resting against a corner. She eyed people lazily as they entered the room, not speaking a word of greeting or conversation.</font></div>

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Feb 01, 2003 3:52 pm

Greg raised an eyebrow as he wandered into the basement of the Dragon. He was truly surprised she had beaten him there. With a shrug, he resumed his seat on the crate which he had taken the day before. Absently, he scratched at the scab that had already formed on the back of his hand. Now, it was just a matter of waiting for their employer.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:40 pm

Robert took a spot leaning against the wall.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Feb 01, 2003 5:49 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen hopped down the stairs, bag lunch still in hand, and a strange, white, smouldering stick in his mouth. He parked his back besides hers on the wall and looked at her, asking, "Morning. How'd you sleep?"</span>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Feb 01, 2003 6:42 pm

<div align=justify><font color=green>Rune looked over at Jansen, and then down at his bagged lunch, staring pointedly.

"It was a short rest," she replied shortly, resting her head back against the wall. "But sufficient..."</font></div>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Feb 01, 2003 7:21 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">He snickered. "Listen to you... you sound like you're reporting your nighttime duties to your C.O...."

He put the bag down, removed the stick from his mouth, and looked her right in the eye. "Listen, babe, do yourself a favor. Loosen up, say "fatuikime karagushino"* to the big words, and relax. You're not being marked for poise and diction anymore. Just... be you, OK?"

*Valthi equivalent "See you later"</span>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Feb 01, 2003 7:46 pm

<div align=justify><font color=green>"This is me," Rune replied simply. "Who else would it be?"

Apparently not wanting an answer, she looked around the room, and asked, "Where is our employer, anyway?"</font></div>

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Sat Feb 01, 2003 8:00 pm

Keriann ran down the stairs again. She looked at the assembled mercs critically.
"It doesn't pay to arrive early, you know." she chided.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Feb 01, 2003 8:03 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">"Hey, if you have a problem with punctuality, I can always drag my ass in here an hour late..."</span>

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Feb 01, 2003 8:11 pm

Greg stood up and folded his arms. "Punctuality aside, I trust we are ready to go?"

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Feb 01, 2003 8:12 pm

<div align=justify><font color=green>"Listen, woman...do you want us to work for you, or not?" Rune asked. "Because if so, you better treat us with a little more respect...or I'm walkin' out right here and now."

Bitch... Rune added silently, glaring lazily into Keriann's eyes.</font></div>

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Feb 01, 2003 8:24 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Slightly, Jansen leaned over to Rune and whispered, "That's more like it." Then, just as slightly, he stood straight again and took another drag on his cigarette.

Mmm... Valthi tobacco. Aw yeah...</span>

[i]

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:02 am

Robert didn't move or speak. He felt as if he had nothing to say.

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:40 pm

"If you want to leave, then go ahead. If you want to get paid, you'd better stay on until the end." said Keriann. "Resano village should be a few hours' journey to the south. Anything before we leave?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:53 pm

Greg shrugged eloquently. It was already obvious that he was ready to go, given his statement earlier.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:56 pm

<div align=justify><font color=green>Rune nodded wordlessly...

And stood up, stretching, and left the basement.</font></div>

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:59 pm

Greg watched Rune leave, then told Keriann, "Come get me when you're ready to go. I'll be outside."

With that, he followed Rune into the main portion of the Dragon. "Bailing out?" He asked her, when he got back into earshot.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Feb 02, 2003 9:03 pm

<div align=justify><font color=green>"I have no reason to work for someone like that," she commented with a yawn. She continued her pace away from the Belching Dragon.

If you mice had any pride, you wouldn't, either...</font></div>

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Feb 02, 2003 9:08 pm

Greg grinned slightly, watching as Rune made her way out. "I see." He shook his head and leaned up against the bar. "So you're not cold enough to take it." He shrugged again, and motioned the inkeeper over, intending to order a few supplies. Clearly, the girl thought herself above the matter, and the issue was settled for him.

"Girl!" He added over his shoulder. "Say anything about this and I won't forget it."

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Feb 02, 2003 9:13 pm

<div align=justify><font color=green>"I'm not meek and desperate enough to take it," Rune replied over her own shoulder. "Enjoy your work, sir..."</font></div>

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Feb 02, 2003 9:14 pm

"Enjoy your boredom, ma'am."

Greg proceeded to tell the 'keeper to bring him several orders of dried meat and vegtables, the food he knew kept best on the trail.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sun Feb 02, 2003 9:49 pm

Robert got up and went to leave. He mumbled something about the blood of the damned. If anyone had herd him they wouldn't know what he was talking about. Robert walked up to the bar.

"I gotta get food. I'll find it, everything will solve it self."

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:02 pm

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen grumbled slightly to himself. "Listen... don't leave yet, uh, Coriander. I'll be right back." He then ran after Rune.

Upon catching up with her, he flicked his cigarette away, and asked, "OK, what's the problem?"</span>

pd Rydia

yeesh...

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Feb 03, 2003 5:30 pm

<div align=justify><font color=green>"What do you think?" Rune replied snidely, glowering slightly.

Realizing what she was doing, she quickly smoothed over her expression and tone to be as bland as possible. She paused for a moment, eyeing Jansen, before deciding to answer truthfully. "I don't need any money, and I've no motivation to work for...someone like that. I was out for a lark, not to be insulted and spoken down to by some idiot who's full of her own self importance..."

Rune lightly kicked a stone in her path, and spun around to face Jansen. "If I wanted that shit, I'd just go back to the base. As it was, I was hoping to get away from it..."

Not replace it with something of the exact same sort...

Rune turned away from Jansen, waving her hand flippantly. "Anyway, enjoy your servitude, babe...do let me know how it goes..."

She smirked, hovering at a street corner. "Bring me back something," she joked, before heading off around the bend and disappearing from sight.</font></div>

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Re: yeesh...

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:37 pm

Keriann waited.

Maybe I'm being too hard on them...

I should ease up, we're going to have to trust each other.

Keriann thought about this. Why shouldn't she? She was providing the quest.

No, I'm going to need them.

Especially if my suspicions are right.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:09 am

<span style="font-family:times new roman; color:purple;font-size:small;">Jansen gave a hurt sigh.

He bit his lip, and shouted, "I GUESS YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO DO IT JUST TO BE WITH ME, HUH?" But he knew she didn't hear him.

A table became an object of rage, being knocked over with a fierce throw. The couple who were sitting at it were surprised, and the male of the pair stood to face Jansen.

"What the f@#$ are you lookin' at, pal?" Jansen sneered. As soon as it became clear the man wanted to fight, Jansen clocked him with a strong right to the jaw. It took the man down, and Jansen spared no expense. He kicked the man in the chest until he was sure he'd broken something. He began to walk away, turned, and kicked the man in the face.

Halfway down the stairs, he leaned against the wall, with surprising hot tears. "Selfish bitch," he croaked. He snorted. Breathed. Wiped his face.

And walked down the rest of the stairs like nothing happened.

"Rune's not coming. Let's get the f@#$ out of here..."</span>

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:07 pm

"Best plan I've heard in days." said Keriann.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs