Wedding Day in Doma

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Wedding Day in Doma

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:43 pm

(OOC: And awaaaaaaaaay we go. ^_^
Remember, please ask *HERE* <---Link, click on it
If you want to join/have any questions)

The Kingdom of Doma. It stands as one of the more prosperous nations on the continent of Igalia, allowing its citizen the freedom to pursue their own interests. The townspeople of the capital went about their business, shopping, chatting with friends, making a living for their families. The surrounding townships also went about their usual business, the kingdom a pinnacle of peace and quiet. For some people, however, today was far from ordinary. Today would be the most important day in their lives...

**A Nervous Best Man**
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

On the Western border of the Kingdom stood an ancient castle, the Shuman Mountains looming over it in the distance. Many artist over the millenia had used this place as a subject of artwork, the castle's long history immortalized in various art pieces around the nation. For many of those millenia, the castle had remained empty. Local legends about a great evil spirit being sealed there, as well as other lost souls inhabiting the place, had kept the castle largely unused. Save for the occasional curious adventurer or someone foolish meglomaniac trying to free the 'great evil', few had ever set foot in the castle since its construction so long ago. However, eventually like everything in this world, things change...

>o< "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!" an irate voice called out from the main room of the castle, "GET YOUR SOON TO BE BALLED AND CHAINED ASS DOWN HERE!!!".

The man with short brown hair tapped his foot impatiently, pacing back and forth in the hall. Dan was probably lucky to be away, as the man's green eyes seemed stuck in a glare of annoyance from the delay. His face seemed a bit damp, small sweat stains apparent in the blue headband tied around his head. He raised a hand to rub some of the moisture away, pushing back a blue cape with a lighter shade trip. He then adjusted his armor, which matched the color of his cape with identically colorem trip along the outside, underneath wearing a dark grey undershirt and pants, now with the tiniest hints of black sweat spots.

"...I see someone is nervous." an ethereal voice seemed to say from out of no-where. Before the man could react, a small blue flame came into view before him. The flame flared up until it began to take a human shape. Once the flames subsided, a transparent man in dark orange armor stood before him. His armor also had a light blue trim to it, his long brown hair tied back in a ponytail. He gazed at the man with his dark blue eyes, a small smile peeking out of the corners of his mouth.

"Nervous? Me? Bah." the man told the spirit, turning away. The ghost chuckled, his spirit body hovering up and down as he did.

"It's nothing to be ashamed of, you know." The ghost tried to reassure him, floating forward straight through the knight and turning to face him, "I would be too if I had such an important part in the ceremo..."

"IT IS *NOT* IMPORTANT, GAH!!!" The man yelled, grabbing his own forehead in annoyance, "Who the hell cares that I'm the f*&king best man?! All I do is stand there and have to listen to the damn preacher yak for hours."

"Ah, I see what's going on here." the spirit knight thought aloud, "As long as it doesn't seem important, you don't have to be as scared. Am I right?"

The other man stayed silent for a moment, glancing at the nearby door before deciding to respond.

"...maybe."

"Understandable. But, I think you will be fine." the spirit said, smiling a bit more as he added, "Besides, if worse comes to worse, there is a certain individual you can look to in the congregation for support." This caused the knight to blush, getting another chuckle out of the spirit knight.

"Speaking of whom, where is Mr. Midoku?" the spirit asked, "I thought you were all leaving together with that Chocobo?"

"Eh, he's still looking Dan." The knight answered, growling a bit, "I swear, if he got cold feet again, I'll have that Chocobo dragged his sorry @#$ on the ground to the ceremony, if I have to. This got another chuckle out of the spirit, causing the knight to glare in his direction.

"...what's so damn funny now, Gerald?" the knight said to the ghost, who tried to stop for a moment to respond.

"Heheh... nothing really Stephan... I just find it funny how oddly you and your brother care for one another." Gerald chuckled. The ghosts arm started to shimmer slightly, taking on a physical form as the spirit patted Stephan on the shoulder, "I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience for all of you."

-_-; "...if you deserve the experience, anyway.." Stephan sighed, looking down at his feet, "...I still don't think I should've been invited..."

The ghost frowned a little, having an good idea what was bothering the Knight. Stephan had just come out of what could best be described as his own personal hell. A Dark prescence, which Dan had told him was called 'Mazoku', had taken over, bringing Stephan's darkest thoughts and feelings to the surface. Many unsolved murders took place after that, the culprit unknown to most, save for Stephan himself. He even tried to to kill his brother and his partner, the only two people whom the Dark Knight could bring himself to care about. With help from the Queen of the nation, a local barbarian warrior, and a kitsunejin sage, Daniel and Miodku managed to help the former Dark Knight overcome his darker self. It also helped him to accept his past, as well as the pain he had tried to ignore all these years. Gerald was sure that Stephan would be able to overcome it, with time. He had seen inside the man's soul once, and knew him to be a passionate and caring individual deep in his heart. With time, perhaps he could bring himself to allow that part of himself to be expressed over his cynical nature...

"Stephan... no matter what you may have done, your brother cares about you a lot, just as you do for him." Gerald told him, patting his shoulder again, "Dan deserves to have his brother there to stand by him and support him."

"...I guess..." Stephan sighed, looking up at the ghost, "...Dan always did give people another chance, even if I thought it was a f#$ked up idea..."

"Well, you're family. It must be important to him. You as well I suspect, from the determination you have to haul your brother to the ceremony." Gerald laughed, "I only wish there was a way the other spirits and I could share in it with you."

"...thanks." Stephan said, giving a rare smile to the ghost, "Hey, who knows, maybe I'll bring back something for that Sam kid."

"He'd like that, I'm sure." Gerald smiled, which faltered a bit as he brought up another individual, "You could probably grab a book for Lionel if you wan..."

"I'm not getting anything for that stubborn old goat. -\/-" Stephan growled, getting a sigh out of the ghost. Stephan and this other spirit, who had once been a white wizard during his former life, rarely got along. Lionel was set in his ways, and looked down upon Stephan and his 'relationship' with Midoku, never letting an opportunity to scorn the pair go untaken. Gerald disliked this, but knew there was nothing he could do about. All he could do was be there for those he had grown to care for, living or dead.

"...if you wish." Gerald sighed, "I can't force you to do anything. But... you never know. He could appreciate it."

"Sure... and I'll be a Paladin like Dan someday." Stephan sighed, "I'm gonna go look for him, see ya in a few, Gerald."

With that, the Mystic Knight left, leaving a slightly distressed spirit.

...maybe someday... they will get along... Gerald though, ...one can always hope -_-;;;

Edited by: FF Fanatic 80&nbsp; Image at: 8/12/02 5:46:21 pm

Choark

*the good life*

Unread postby Choark » Mon Aug 12, 2002 5:14 pm

With a grumble and a stiff back, the young man pulled himself up from his resting postion by grabbing a nearby branch on the tree which he had slept on.

His long blue spikey hair was a mess, all of it going in all different directions, and had twigs caught in it. His tanned body gave resistance to the movement, wanting to rest a little longer, or just being stubborn. His muscles were sore and he felt all of them over his body, all crying out the in annoying pain.

The man walked nakkid down down the mountain, to where lots of small streams had collected into a small lake. Diving into it, the cold hit him like a wall of ice, and suddenly every bone and muscle in his body jumped alive.

Using the small pond as a bath, he scrubbed off the dirt from his travels and chomped at a fish his had caugh tin his teeth. He honestly wondered how the fish's managed to swim up the stream into the pond.

Last nights party drinks had been washed away with the clear cold water, and he now felt fully refrested.

After finishing his breakfast and bath, he wondered back to the tree and put on his clothes. A simple T-shirt, ripped and torn around the chest area after so many years of it being worn, and through all the battles its wearer had been through.

He also slipped on his "ninja" pants, made more to allow easy movement then anything else, it had an odd belt, with a stone smily face at the front.

Over his chest, and resting on one sholder was a simple barbarian costume, with strapes linking each part, and a holder at the back where his Warhammer rested in when not in use.

In the tree where he had slept was, what seemed to be, a big pink Wolf, a very big wolf. However this was in fact a wolf-pig, a strange creature from the farthest north-west mountains, which is also were the man is from.

The man couldn't remember how he got here, the party he had with his friends had become a blurry memory of Rum and dancing, all in celebration of IT.

"Hey Pig , wake up!" The Wolf-pig grunted and stirred in the tree, looking down at the young man with tired old eyes.

In a strange set of noises, the Wolf-Pig communicated to the man.

" Wha? What is it boy? " The Wolf-like creature shook its head as the sun disturbed his sight.

"I need ya to come down! I need to get back ta Doma quick smart! Its important! Real important!"

Choark looked up and grinned at his friend, his father figure. To day was a big day. It was the day of his best friends wedding!

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/uchoark.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Choark</A]&nbsp; Image at: 8/12/02 10:53:19 pm

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Mmm, cake!

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Aug 12, 2002 7:49 pm

End had, at the time, landed in one of the prisons of Doma after having his thievery successfully trailed back to his own personal hovel in the Slums of Doma.

As he inspected the grubby walls with a bit of disgust, a Doman guard remarked to him from outside, "Good luck escaping from that, Moogle! These cells are inescapable - not even your lance can break the walls." With that, the guard left, leaving End by himself.

... >_> End looked at the back wall, concentrated a bit of magical energy, and blew away a hole large enough for him to walk through. "They always seem to forget I have magic.."

End smirked briefly as he walked out of the cell. "Now.. oh yeah.. I remember hearing something bout that crazy Paladin's wedding.. I wonder if they'll have cake?"

Edited by: Crawling Reshiki at: 8/13/02 1:06:52 am

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Re: Mmm, cake!

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Tue Aug 13, 2002 1:36 am

The Man awoke from his dreams, today was the day. He rose out of bed, stretching his aching body, from the long nights on patrol. His body was covered in scars, from battles long since fought. His arms were covered in tattoos, most likely to cover the scars that were on them.

He walked over towards a window, he knew they were obviously getting ready by now. He then headed towards a closet in their room at Kotoki's Inn.

Today was quite the special day... a friend and commrade of his was getting married to a lovely young lady. He chuckled as he remembered how the two were before all of this. He finally found the thing he was looking for. He withdrew some armor, not just any armor. It was the armor of a general, decked out in some of the best robes Doma had and looked regal in appearance. He placed the armor on a chair, near the bed.

"Yes, time to get dressed in some nice clothes." he said as he began to change his attire. For this warrior, it was quite the change of pace. He never really did like this type of armor much, it just never really suited him at all.

The clothes that Ash Fanrico was used to were lighter clothing and maybe a pair of gaunlets and arm guards to wear on his arms. But Ash did know that the type of clothing he was used to was not the attire to wear at a friends wedding.

As Ash was putting on the last parts of this armor, his love Christydia awoke from her slumber. Ash smiled as he watched her, he was glad she was coming along too. He went over to her, and shook her with his left hand. "Hi Beautiful." he said to her as she smiled back.

Christydia stretched as she laid there, "It's finally happened. Dan and Kyra had been planning that for a long time... I hope everyone likes the outfit I'm wearing." she said as she stared up at Ash. He smirked, "I'm sure you'll make them all jealous my love." he said.

Ash then began to wonder what some of the other attendees were going to be doing. He kissed Christydia on the hand, "I'm going to go check up on somethings. See what others know. Be sure to get ready soon." he said as he walked towards the door which led into the hall.

IM: Wonder if Jak and Kotoki are going... never asked them.

He went down to the bar area of Kotoki's Inn...

Edited by: Ash Fanrico at: 8/13/02 5:39:26 am

Choark

*choarks trouble*

Unread postby Choark » Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:03 am

6_6;;; The Wolf-Pig looked down at his "son" and sighed. Jumping down and landing with gracfulness that beligned his old age, he looked at Choark, face to face, which wasn't hard cause they were nearly the same size in height.

-V- " Do you relise what you did last night boy? " The tone was even harsher then a normal parents "telling off" voice cause Pig could , and did , growl.

Giving off a small laugh, Choark scratched the back of his head out of habit. "Actually, ain't got a clue old man."

" Well first there was the fact I found you head first in a lake. When I finally dragged you out, you laughed and said you were a fish!

" After that you thought it would be a good idea to go for "A Walk" and see some sites. You even popped into a few villages on the way...

" It was THEN you had the "brillant" idea of making a new type of food. You grabbed as much meat as you could buy, chopped it all into little pieces and threw in hundreds of insects, eggs and othersuch things. You made it all into a fine paste and ate it all.

" The villagers called the food something like "Leftovers thrown together...

" We then continued our "walk" until you finally collasped up a tree in these mountains "

Choark paused for a second, taking all this in, then burst out into laughter. "Sounds like we had a great time!" He didn't notice the fact Pig snarled at this comment. "But anyway, I have ta get to Doma... Real soon too probably!"

" Boy, I don't know what buisness you have but you won't be going anytime soon... "

Choark blinked and looked puzzeled. "Why not? You're fast ain't cha?"

" Look around you boy! Does this look like Doma to you? You're "walk" has taken us miles away. Even at my fastest it'll take the time for the sun to reach past our heads with you on me. "

Choark stood still for a while and blinked. He had no idea where he was, and though he could keep up with Pig for a while at his fastest, he couldn't do it long enough to cut the time down.

But it didn't matter. He had to try. He wasn't going to miss this day without a fight.

Grabbing his warhammer and strapping it on his back, he leapt down the mountainside, running as fast as possible. Pig, surprised by the suddeness of his movements, followed cloesly behind.

" BOY! What are you planning - "

"I've got to get there! I gotta! I owe it to him! I want to be there!"

" Spirits Damn you boy! You can't do the immpossible! I'll not tire myself on this foolishness! " Snarling, the Wolf-Pig, breaking to a halt on the mountain side.

Choark stopped and turned, facing his "father" eye to eye.

"Pig... Please." There eyes met and Pig sighed. He could see the boy's determination in his eyes.

" Just tell we why "

Choark smiled. "He's my friend and he was the first to call me friend back. I know I might not make it there, but I can't give up until it is too late, and even then I will try to make it, I don't know why, I just gotta. I don't understand it really... "

Pig rolled his eyes.

" Enough with this sap crap! " He growled, lossening his tounge slightly.

Choark bowed his head, he guessde he had not managed to talk Pig into it.

" If there's one thing I've learned is that this Doma place has softened you up boy! You'll end up being a cry baby again! And if there's one thing I can't stand its you crying! You're nosey and its embarrising thinking I'm linked to you! "

The big Wolf-Pig was next to Choark and knocked his head up. " So come on before you start bawling like a toddleller! And DON- " Pig's sentance was cut off as Choark glomped him around the neck and smiled a huge smle

e_e;; " -'T Glomp me... stupid boy... "

"Thankies Father!" Choark jumped on his "Fathers" back and the two set off down the mountain, heading as fast as they could to Doma.

OOC : The dish Choark made was a variation of Curry Image Cause everyone knows that on a night out you have to have a curry of some sort ^_^

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/uchoark.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Choark</A]&nbsp; Image at: 8/13/02 3:46:25 pm

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Ahoy ahoy ahoy!

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Aug 13, 2002 11:27 am

"Hiii Ash!!" Molo called from the bar as Ash Fanrico hit Kotoki's Inn. "Another dragonale today?" he smiled happily, being able to serve his hero. "You're starting early!" he yawned, his big blue eyes following Ash as he walked through the bar.

He hadn't heard about Dan's wedding yet, and the usual crowd had seemed to grow this morning. He could hardly stand still, and hopped up and down the bar while he waited for Ash to spill the news.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Didn't think I would post here did you?!

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Tue Aug 13, 2002 1:43 pm

Meanwhile in a small house nestled in the city of Doma a woman in her mid fifties flocked about the abode, nearly tripping over the various boxes of unpacked clothes and medical equipment strewn about the house carelessly.

"Oh dear oh dear, is everything ready?? Oh no, where are my pearl earrings? Please don't say I didn't unpack them...." the woman wore a simple light-blue dress, waist pinched slightly by a surprisingly (in comparison to her dress) corset. Her long brown hair was certainly beginning to show signs of the woman's age, taking on a silvery gray sheen; for the sake of ease it had all been pulled into a long braid behind her.

"Mother calm down!" another voice rang out from a different room, "Everything is ready and your earrings are sitting on the dresser!" A nervous sigh followed and the older woman rushed into the room.

"Thank you dear..." the woman smiled before pausing and falling silent.

A beautiful violet-eyed young woman stood in the center of the room, her hands folded in front of her. Half of her shoulder-length dirty blonde hair had been drawn behind her, braided into a "crown" pattern past the side of her head and ears.

It was pretty obvious that this young woman was to be wed that day, the dress was a dead giveaway. Also wearing a traditional corset, this one decorated with jewels, her dress was crafted of silk, a long flowing train awaiting behind her. The threads themselves seemed to sparkle, it being no surprise since they had managed to find a mage to put a simple enchantment on it to that effect. The very bottom edge of the dress itself was decorated with little red triangles.

The older woman began to tear, "My daughter...all grown up and getting married...praise Ishtar this day has come, Kyra..."

The white mage smiled nervously, wringing her hands a little, "Y-yeah mom...isn't it wonderful?"

"I...I only wish your father could be here to see this..." Kyra's mom turned away, covering her face with her hand.

"Mom..." Kyra embraced her mother, hugging her tightly, "He is here...he's watching from the hands of Ishtar..." she smiled at her mother, her own eyes glistening in the light.

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Re: Didn't think I would post here did you?!

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Tue Aug 13, 2002 3:40 pm

Ash stopped near the bar table, "Hear the news Molokidan? There's a wedding today." he said as he looked outside.

Back upstairs...

Christydia went about getting dressed, the wedding kept spinning through her mind.

"I'm sure it will be wonderful for the couple." she said as she looked at herself in the mirror. "Wonderful and beautiful... like a dream come... true." she said as she felt the tears begin to well up.

When she met Ash, she felt like he was the one for her. He was loyal to her and at times put his life on the line for hers. But... she began to wonder about marriage. Whenever she brought the subject up... Ash would switch to another subject, as if trying not to think about it. Why was he so afraid?

She looked at herself again in the mirror, the tears slowly streaming down her face. "I shouldn't be this way." she said as she began to get dressed.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Aug 13, 2002 5:09 pm

"Wedding?!" Molo said, surprised. "Another one?" he scratched his head. "Who is it this time? Do I need to get a present?"

Kotoki

...Can wedding cake be chocolate?

Unread postby Kotoki » Tue Aug 13, 2002 5:35 pm

On the third floor of a rather famous Doman Inn, a young woman was looking herself over in a mirror. Her dress was red, strapless, rather clingy, and probably more appropriate for a torch singer than for someone going to a wedding. Unfortunately, Kotoki Michiyasu was more concerned with her hair than she was with finding out what people wore to special occasions.

She frowned again, pulling the barette out and sighing at her reflection. "I guess that doesn't look too good... Maybe I should just do it like normal."

Having made up her mind, she twisted her long brown hair into a plain ponytail and nodded. Simple was best. Probably.

Humming to herself as she walked out the door and down the stairs into the bar, she stopped for a moment to grab a small notepad and a pencil. After all, she needed to take notes- how else would she find out what happened at a wedding?

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Aug 13, 2002 5:42 pm

Groaning, the big man tosses in his bed. After a few moments, his eyes slowly open. Staring at the ceiling, he collects his thoughts, then sits up.

"Arrrrrrg..." He groans, rubbing his aching head. "What th' bloody hell happened last night? I know I dinnae have more'n a glass 'r two o' rum..."

Then it comes back to him, the rather sudden wrestling match he had with a young warrior last night. He recalls that Choark told him that warrior, Daniel, was possessed by a Mazoku. He learned that the hard way when forced some rum on the kid, and it took the combined efforts of himself, Choark, Calliope, and Ushyu to knock him out. Praised be that Daien was able to use his telepathy to bring Dan back to normal.

"And Ky's marryin' that one, eh?" he mutters as he walks over to the mirror. "Wonder if th' poor lass knows what she's divin' int'?"

The face reflected back is a thin one, marked by 37 years of life, twenty of which sailing the seas and oceans around Igala. A scraggly red-brown beard extends from his chin, while his hair is thick and tangled. Two triangular feline ears peek though that mess of hair.

Wearing only his smallclothes at the moment, his broad chest and firm mucles are also on display, a heritage of his life at sea. His belly is beginning to show the first signs of the softness of middle age, but his vigorous lifestyle keeps that at bay. Also, visible at the base of his spine is a small scar, one he has wore for over thirty years since he lost his tail as a young lad.

Taking a rag from a basis of lukewarm water, thenekojin cleans his face off, dries it with a nearby towel. Next, he goes over to the wardrobe, and pulls out a clean white robe, bordered with a motif of red triangles. The man slips it on, then grabs a sea captain's hat hanging of the edge of the wardrobe, and places on his head, obscuring his untambale hair and his ears.

As the seaman pulls on a pair of socks, a little voice from the corner asks, "Myaaaa?"

"Mornin' Ushyu," says the nekojin, smiling toward the voice. more than happy to consider two hours before lunchtime morning. "We got us a weddin' t' attend."

"Mye-meow!" answers Ushyu, as she leaps from her basket in the corner. Said basket is furnished with a large and very soft pillow, and decorated with a carrot motif; a gift from Dia Rai, the innkeeper at his current home. Ushyu herself is a small rodent-like creature, like a cat with a rabbit's ears, tail, and hind legs. Her eyes are green, as is a small gem on her forehead, while her fur is the color of coffee with too much cream added.

Ushyu leaps onto the bed, and climbs up onto the ex-white mage's shoulder. He smiles, and affectionately scratches her behind the ears. "Right, but we gotta get them some presents, eh? I know what t' get Ky, but not so sure 'bout Danny. Ah well, a good trip t' th' market oughta clear that up, aye?"

"Meow!" Ushyu agrees enthusaistically, as the nekojin pulls on his boots, and stands up. She then leaps off of his shoulder, knowing what is to come, and changes shape, becoming a small, eight-sided crystal. That crystal hovers beside the seaman as he casts a quick spell on himself,then walks toward the open window.

Looking down, he sees that the street about fifteen feet below is clear. Without hesitation, he sits on the sill, throws his legs over, and lets himself drop to the street below!

A brief flash of pain greets him as his legs hit the cobblestones, shooting up to collect ion his torso. He gritshis teeth, and waits for a moment. The Regen spell he cast quickly banishes the pain, undoing the damage then setting to work on his headache.

Ushyu settles on top of his hat, taking cabbit form again, as Pervy heads toward the marketplace to find Dan a last minute wedding gift.

Edited by: Uncle Pervy at: 8/13/02 9:48:30 pm

Endesu
ラムレッダ

... vanilla is better then chocolate.

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Aug 13, 2002 6:26 pm

End, meanwhile, had a wedding gift in tow already, as he attempted to find the place of the wedding. "Now, let's see.. was never able to really find my way around this kingdom.." As he struggled to read the map of the city, he towed behind him a carved tribal statue that looked like it belonged in the ancient temple of a dead god.

"I hope they like this.. 'd probably make a nice lawn ornament or something." End chuckled. "I hope there's no curse associated with it or somethin' like that." He brought his pace up to a jaunt, his lance swinging merrily at his side.. until he accidentally stabbed a random guard in the eye.

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Re: ... vanilla is better then chocolate.

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:04 pm

The busseling of the streets in and around the city of Doma was the usual crowd, some buying things from the markets lined along the streets, others hurrying off to work elsewhere. The occaisonal group of guards and a travelling types from other areas of Igala.

Among this busseling crowd walked a small pointy black mage hat, as the owner was quite small. He wore very large robes over his small frame, his large hat covering his face.

Covered in shadow was an unseeable face. The only thing visible of the little mages face were two bright blue eyes.

The small little mage walked along the streets, bumping into the much taller people as he went. He heard from some people that a Paladin and a White Mage were getting married. He was curious of who it was...

The little mage Ebeneezer began to ponder on how he could obtain information about this. He wondered if there would be any of his friends there...

pd Rydia

my bro's wedding cake had a chocolate layer...

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:25 pm

(OOC: Problem, End. I don't think this wedding can be before End died, because of chat RP events. >_>;; Please tell me you're RPing him after he was revived? That he got his memory back or some shizzat?)

NamagomiMk0

Re: my bro's wedding cake had a chocolate layer...

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Wed Aug 14, 2002 1:11 am

Heh....weddings tend to bring memories back, even when they're not your own weddings. So it went for Kamos, returning from a rather interesting, yet moneymaking, oppurtunity-opening and career-inspiring day as an actor...

It happened a few days ago, after the end of "Achlan", the play that he starred in...'twas another odd day. He had recieved his money....and a letter from acquaintance, Daniel Hyral, notifying about the marriage, and that there would be free drinks and food. It should be obvious what caught Kamos's eye.

He awoke the morning of the wedding day, and got on some good-quality clothes from Valth. After getting dressed, he looked far nicer than he ever would have in his trenchcoat...

Hell, I needed a break from the trenchcoat

He looked nice, even in chimera form. He modified the clothes to have slits in the back of the shirt and pants in order to allow his wings and tail safe passage without having to rip up the nice clothes that he bought for a good 1200 VC. The clothes themselves are of high quality. The shirt was all-black, with a silver trim, and the manufacturer used different material in different places of the shirt, making a pattern of "lighter' and "darker" blacks. Underneath the shirt was a light gray one, which was only visible in the morning because he hadn't woken up yet. His pants were just in one black shade, but they were of the same high quality as the shirt. However, some things wouldn't change for Kamos; he still wore his combat boots...why bother wearing anything else, after all, if there're annoyances out there, such as the occasional Jevex bug, or DF sighting, which is also why he brought his rifle as well.

He walked out of the inn he was in, and buttoned the top buttons of his shirt, forming a collar which was leather-reinforced in the back, normally seen in the more expensive Valthi shirts. Kamos, with a slightly solemn look on his face, walked onto the path leading to the chapel the wedding was going to be held at...

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Unread postby WillBaseton » Wed Aug 14, 2002 9:41 am

Having heard about the wedding the night before from Daniel himself, Will scrambled about his room, searching for some formal clothes.

Although his mind was clouded with other thoughts, he tried his best to concentrate on the wedding. This was the first wedding he had witnessed since his own that long three years ago, and he was determined to not let it get to him.

Eventually, he found a formal tuxedo and a pair of dress pants. Taking careful steps to cut a hole in the pants for his new tail, he got dressed and began staring out the window.

"May Ladon bless this union...I pray that he won't overlook it like he did mine."

With that, he stepped out of his room and took a deep breath. This wedding would not cause him pain, and he was sure of it. He flapped his wings once to make sure they weren't asleep and then took flight, heading back for Doma.

ChancellorSmartz

Unread postby ChancellorSmartz » Wed Aug 14, 2002 4:22 pm

News spread around fast in the castle. And today is no different. The moment he heard his "friend" Dan Hyral, and the lovely white mage Kyra getting married today, he nearly fell out of his seat.

So Dan is marrying today, huh? thought Smartz. Lucky bum. Now I HAVE to do something about this. Maybe I should invite myself over. Having an authority figue at a wedding is always a plus. If know one knew better, his ego is become over-inflated. Oh well. Semi-fame can do that to a person.

"I'll just wear my suit, like I always do..." he said aloud to himself. "Now what to do for a present...?" With that said with a wide grin, knowing what he is gonna give Dan would be a total surprise...

Elementalist Daien

Re: Wedding Day in Doma

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Aug 14, 2002 6:40 pm

Daien stood up from his bed in his house in Doma, after a good rest and nap. He slowly came to his senses, and after a while, he remembered the day's occasion. Daniel, one of the few people that he brought himself to call friend, was going to get married. Despite not being the most happy and lively person around, Daien could not miss such an occasion. He removed the suit he had rented for the occasion, a normal black suit, which was picked to fit him perfectly. He put it on, thinking about the two involved in the wedding. He then took care of his hair, tying it in a more elegant knot than he used to, and turned to Jaede.

"Jaede... Aren't you going to get prepared for the wedding? You said you wanted to come..."

pd Rydia

stealthy ninja Dia, GO!

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Aug 14, 2002 10:30 pm

The light of the early morning sun illuminated a hooded figure as it sneaked along the streets of Doma. The curious figure slinking along with purpose, obviously knowing its destination, but moving with caution. The person in question, apparently, acted as if they didn't want to be seen...

And quite truthfully, it might not have been very healthy for anyone to have seen and recognize the figure. For the figure was, in fact, Dia Rai, a mercenary-gone-innkeep with a notorious temper. Of course, Dia wasn't particularly known for going off randomly on people...but she had become a bit touchy recently.

That touchiness was, in and of itself, due to the same reason she was sneaking around in a hood this early morning. While most of Dia's acquaintances had learned by now what her hood was hiding, all any casual observer would notice strange about the hood was that it laid over a curiously shaped lump.

Dia moved as quickly as possible, praying to...some diety or another...that no one she knew would run into her. She breathed a sigh of relief, relaxing slightly, as she finally arrived at her destination.

She knocked solidly on the door to the Ryuujin residence, shifting her weight from foot to foot nervously. I really should have asked Kyra to warn her mother... she mused to herself, while waiting for someone to answer the door...

Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 8/25/02 3:02:40 am

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Running, yo.

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Aug 14, 2002 10:44 pm

(Yes, Dia, this is after End regains his memory.)

End was now running. Very, very fast. Away from a swarm of Doman guards. Through the Slums. Maybe if he actually tried to aim the lance AWAY from where it'd poke random guards in the eyes.. crap. Oh well.. with this thought in mind, End's little feet dashed as fast as they could go, still dragging the monolithic ruin behind him.

As he ran, End contemplated over all of the events that he had gone through up to this point.. aside from the whole Astrynax and dead thing.. that mess with the Necromancer was a pain, too. It was funny to think that through all of the trouble he had caused and through all of the trouble that he had survived, that he had existed to this point and had managed to keep allies in high and low places.

And on the topic of allies, he thought back to the paladin, Daniel. Hmm.. Daniel said some time ago that he owed End a debt. Perhaps this debt could be repaid by his having the guards NOT chase End's moogle ass down at any given moment.

"Wishful thinking," End murmured half-heartedly, stepping up the pace and diving into a crowd.

Kotoki

...innkeeping, yo!

Unread postby Kotoki » Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:49 am

Kotoki walked into the bar of her inn, smiling and nervously adjusting her dress.

"Last orders before we're gone to a wedding!" she yelled to whoever would be in a bar at that time in the morning. She sat down herself and said a rather quieter good morning to all present.

Choark

here's character number 2

Unread postby Choark » Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:23 am

A small 10 year old girl popped her head from under a table, sucking on a rather red lollypop, and blinked at the news.

"Last orders before we're gone to a wedding!"

The distraction was enough for the small bird she had been playing with to suddenly flap free. The poor animal had been unlucky enough to be caught by the young girl when she was bored, and was suffering bite marks, burnt wing tips, and a pierced beak.

Annoyed at the creature for trying to escape, the young girl chanted some black magic suddenly, and the bird stopped flying, and feel to the ground with a *thud* as its body was morphed into that of a rat.

Giggerling to herself, the young girl stood up and stretched. Her long black-as-night hair fell past her waist and to the back of her knee's. She was wearing a small black skirt, because she would never wear anything like pants unless forced, and a T-shirt with the word "Innocent" written across the chest.

New's of a wedding didn't concern her, as most took place on some holy ground or other, and if there was one thing this girl hated, it was holy ground. It wasn't just cause the girl hated the idea of any rules being placed on her by some "all-powerful" being or other, no, it was because she was cursed to feel pain in such a place.

For Jenna was a Vampire, or Half Vampire at least, daughter of Jazz and Daenj'r Tynisonn, two of the more colourful characters found in Doma.

The girl walked out of the Inn, ignoring anyone else there, for they really didn't concern her at all, being just normal "mortals" and all.

Unable to think so anything else to do, and because she was all out of matches and her magic felt drained after that last spell, she decided it might actually be fun going home and see her mother and father...

Vampire Jester Jinx

and herrrrrrreeeeee i go!

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Thu Aug 15, 2002 3:52 am

(o.o daien asked me to bring jaede in........i guess i'll wait on conformation that i can bring jazz in)

Jaede suddenly appeared beside her boyfriend, the picture of an animated stick elf. It seems no matter how much was spent on groceries, or how much food disappeared into the elf girls stomach, she never got any bigger.

However, oddly, through the sheer joyful oddness of her personality she was able to pull off this look without seeming sickly. She wore a softly shimmering green silk dress that flowed down the floor, a tribute to her name. Her large insanely sparkly engagement ring was the only jewelry she wore, and for once the girl had tried to do something with her usually short, wild and spiky hair. But now it was neatly brushed, and fell in pretty waves framing just her face, (As her hair is still rather short). Jaede Slyth at the moment looked more like her siren ancestors than she did that of the elves........ her only elven trait was her long pointed ears, which were standing straight up, waiting for Daien's reaction to her outfit.

o.o "I'm ready.......I think......."

Jaede was trying to be a lady and for once doing well........if she would only take off the large weighted fighting staff she had strapped to her back.

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Re: and herrrrrrreeeeee i go!

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Thu Aug 15, 2002 4:24 am

Ash looked over at Molo, "It's Dan and Kyra's wedding." He said as he noticed Kotoki. A major question popped into his head as he stared at Kotoki in her current dress. "Hey Kotoki... how'd you get Jak to go?" he asked as he smiled.

Back with Ebeneezer...

The young black mage was confused and a tad bit nervous as he walked through the streets. Ebeneezer had heard so much about this wedding as he passed others in the walkways of the Market Places that he was now very curious. Curious about what a wedding was like and who was getting married. His light blue eyes looked around from under the cover of his large mage hat.

He wondered how he could get the answers...

Uncle Pervy

Re: and herrrrrrreeeeee i go!

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Aug 15, 2002 4:49 am

It was getting later and later, and Pervy was getting more and more desperate. Kyra had saved his life recently, when she faced the undead hordes at Ore with him, Choark, Daien, and Karis. And come hell or high water, he was gonna make sure she had the best damned wedding ever as repayment. And he wanted to make it up to Daniel for nearly getting him into a lot of danger last night after the whole mazoku thing.

But... no matter how hard he tries, the pirate just can't think of anything that would fit. He considered a set of manacles, but he's certain they wouldn't have a good sense of humor about it. He bought them anyway, though. You never know about things like that.

Finally, out of ideas, he turns to the one frieand who might be able to help him out...

"Molo!" Pervy bellows as he barges through the front door of Kotoki's Inn, "I need yer help wit' gettin' a present fer Daniel!"

The Pirate ignores all the odd looks he recieves as he strides toward the bar, while shouting at the sushijin. However, he does draw a few, as he seldom visits Kotoki's, unless he meanderings take him nearby.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Potential for hilarity = Through the roof! ^-^

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:08 am

**A Peace Making Mage**

"...you couldn't find him ANYWHERE?!" Stephan half shouted, causing a collective wince from the other three in the room upstairs with him. One of them, a man with dark blue skin and red hair, rubbed at his own forehead in very mild annoyance.

-_-;; "No Stephan... but... I am certain he is fine..." the man sighed, opening his bright green eyes to look back, adjusting his green robes their bright yellow designs along the outside, "I highly doubt he would miss such an important occasion..."

"Yeah! Cuz Dan is nice and he does nice stuff and not doing that stuff would be mean... and stuff!!" one of the other 'people' in the room said, a young boy with blond hair and brown eyes. His clothing consisted of a light blue sheet, haphazardly made into a robe. Where his legs should have been was only empty space, a small section of the sheet hanging down there. This paticular person, as well as the third person there, were obviously not of the living. One could easily see through them, and the younger one hovered a few feet off the ground.

"Sam is correct, I don't think Sir Daniel would ever dream of disappointing one he cares so much about..." the other spirit said, a man who appeared to be in his late 60's or 70's. His face was covered by a large 'mane' of long grey hair and a beard, and he wore an ancient design of the robes for a White Wizard.

"Well if he's not in the f#$@king castle, where is he then?!" Stephan growled, getting an angry glare from the older ghost.

"Hey now, watch the language in from of young Samuel." the older ghost growled, floating over and getting into Stephan's face, "It's bad enough he has to witness the example you and the mage set with your antics, but cursing is..."

>.< "GODS #$@$ing DAMMIT Lionel, will you evere GIVE THAT A F*&KING REST!?!?" Stephan shouted, getting as close to nose to nose as he could get to an incoporeal being, "You actually make me wish I *DID* know a little holy magic, then maybe I could knock some gods-damned SENSE into you!! o\/o++"

o\/o "You?! Using the powers of the Goddess?! Ha!" Lionel sneered, purposely floating forward so part of his nose passed through Stephan's face, "As if she'd answer the prayers of someone like you!! You're probably lucky enough to remember her name, let alone your own!!"

;_; "..everyone's fighting.. *sniff*" Sam cried, some of the nearby furniture starting to rattle. This shut the two fighting individuals up, as Midoku sighed again and walked over to the small ghost.

"It's Ok Sam... They were just having a small disagreement." Midoku reassured him, turning to look at the other two 'adults' with a sharp glare, "But they're just fine now... Right? o\/o"

"Uh.. *cough*... yeah... of course..." Stephan muttered.

-\/- "...I suppose..." Lionel conceeded, as he hated to see the young ghost upset.

^-^ "Good. Now Lionel, why don't you take Sam to his special spot, and we'll continue the search?" Midoku told the older ghost. Lionel appeared ready to argue over being ordered around by the mage, but a second glare from Midoku, and a sad look from Sam, convinced him otherwise.

-\/-; "...come on Sam, let's go pay your special place a visit... Ok?" he said, the young ghosts face instantly switching from tears to joy.

^-^ "Yayyayyawoo!!" Sam shouted in delight, circling Lionel at fast speed as the older ghost left the room.

v.v;; "Gah... I don't think I can take much more of him..." Stephan sighed. Midoku walked over, giving the Knight a big hug around the waist.

-.- "I know Stephan... I know... but there isn't much we can do..." Midoku told him, resting his face against him, "Like Dan and Gerald said, we can only hope he'll see the error in his thinking someday..."

<\/< "Sure... and Queenie will be able to go 10 feet without getting lost..." Stephan said, getting an annoyed sighed from Midoku.

-_-;; "Well, enough about this... we have a missing groom to find." Midoku said, letting go and holding his chin in thought, "But where else could he be...?"

"Say... Gerald said that a chocobo arrived recently, right? Is it the one I *think* it is?" Stephan asked.

"Indeed. I believe Daniel asked for that one specifically, in fact." Midoku said with a nod.

"Then... I think I have a pretty f*&king good idea where he went..." Stephan said with a nod, starting off toward the stairs, "Let's go find the dimwit..." Midoku sighed once more before starting after the Mystic Knight... and hoping the two siblings could make it through the ceremony without blowing up at one another.

Edited by: FF Fanatic 80&nbsp; Image at: 8/15/02 2:09:15 pm

Choark

Cheese TJORD!

Unread postby Choark » Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:45 am

" Enough!! " Pig gasped and suddenly stopped, his legs, feet, and body all twitched from effort and he was breathing irregulary fast. The strain had taken a lot out of him.

Choark slide off and rubbed his "Fathers" back as the tired Wolf-Pig laid down for rest in the shade of a tree. "Tis 'k old man, take ya time."

Walking out into the sun, Choark looked up at the sky and sighed. It looked like he might not make it after all. Pig had ran his fastest, least as fast as he could these days, but it almost seemed impossible to make it on time.

Sighing again, he let himself fall backwards onto floor, and watched as the world span on by above him, waiting for Pig to regain his strength.

Archmage144

Introducing a familiar face...

Unread postby Archmage144 » Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:52 am

The day started like any other for Hakaril Silvar, Doman General, Archmage, and, at one point in his career, improvisational lawyer. He had risen at roughly nine o' clock from his bed, gone to one of the public baths on the floor to clean himself up a bit, and had dressed himself in his typical attire, a set of snappy, black robes with reddish trim.

Names, dates, and faces all tended to escape Hakaril, who tended to be rather absentminded, despite his youth, and thusly, the mere thought that today might have been something extra important positively whooshed over his head like a passing gust of wind. Therefore, without any concern for anything else that may have been occuring, he seated himself at his desk and procured his quill pen and parchment. Stifling a yawn, he reached over and pulled a thick, leatherbound tome towards him and pried it open, revealing page after page of ancient arcane texts, each page spattered with ink and yellowed with time.

Grinning faintly, he dipped his pen into an ink pot and set to work, making notes and copies of interesting spells, so as to be able to replicate them later for his own personal use. In fact, they occasionally made good gifts, when the right spells were inscribed upon them.

It was then that it struck him, just as the fleeting thoughts of presents flitted through his mind. Today was the wedding of two close friends...Daniel Hyral and Kyra Ryujin!

Hakaril's eyes widened with realization, and then, as before, he resumed smiling, flipping through his books for a moment before settling on a specific page and resting a finger on the corner with a grin.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

And now... FINALLY... ^.^;;; (Kawaiiness ahead >:D)

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:08 pm

*A Thoughtful Groom*

High above Castle Hyral, in the nearby Shuman mountains, a young man sat on a wide cliffside, gazing out at the vast land that lay before him. A gentle breeze disrupted the man's short brown hair, blowing a few strands into the man's blue eyes. He brushed them aside, continuing to swing his tan boots as he sat. From there, he could see the nearby Castle, with a small lake and forest nearby, fed by a river from the large mountain range. The various small towns and villages of the kingdom dotted the countryside, and in the far distance, one could see the large capital of Doma peeking over the horizon. The man shifted slightly, his blue armor with a tanned white trim feeling a bit off. He glanced to his right shoulder, and remembered what caused it.

=o.o= "...mew..." a small furry creature let out, sitting on the man's shoulder-pad. Said creature was a small black cat, with a few streaks of dark grey in her pelt. Her stomach appeared to be very large, probably giving strangers the impression she was a large, spoiled housecat. The truth was that her stomach was not fully of fat, but her future family. The man wasn't sure what shocked him more, his small cat going to be a mother, or who the father of said kittens was. Her tiny eyes gazed out at the landscape, much as her human companion's had been a moment ago. The man smiled, giving his fuzzy companion a scritch between the ears.

^-^ "It sure is a nice view, huh Noel?" the man said to the small cat, who was already becoming a purring machine and rubbing her face into his hand.

<.<? "You think so too, Forte?" the man said as he turned to his left, facing a large green chocobo with brown eyes.

o.o "...waaaark..." said chocbo let out, continuing to stare peacefully ahead, just as Noel had moments before. The man couldn't help but laugh at himself a bit. Here it was, the most important day in his life, and Daniel Hyral was up in the mountains talking to two 'dumb' animals. Of course, he knew neither of them were stupid, but he didn't expect either of them to understand his rambling either.

Dan wasn't sure what had possesed him to do this. He had spotted Forte outside the castle, and decided go outside and say hello. The chocobo let out a happy wark, as Dan approached and gave him a small carrot to munch on. As he was feeding the Chocobo, Noel chose that moment to come out her small den by the front of the castle, waddling over and meowing at the Chocobo and Dan. Anyone familiar with Forte's skiddish nature could probably guess what happened next. After about two minutes of chasing, warking, and scared meowing, Dan managed to pacify the shuddering bird. As he tried to comfort the two creatures, he noticed the trail he often used to make short treks up into the mountains. Scooping up the expectant mother, he hopped onto Forte, intent on taking the two creatures up the moutain.

That is how they ended up in their current location, the trio staring out at the vast kingdom of Doma. Dan often came up here when he needed some time alone to think, or just a little peace and quiet. Perhaps that had been part of the reason he brought his two animal 'friends' up here, hoping they'd feel at least some of the peace he often felt. As he gazed out at the breathtaking sight before him, he began to realize that he had just as much reason to be up here. After today, his life would be significantly different. He would no longer be Daniel Hyral, the single, good-natured, if not a bit nervous, clumsy, and skiddish Pseudo Paladin. He would be Daniel Hyral, the married, good-natured, and still a bit nervous, clumsy, and skiddish Pseudo Paladin.

6.6; "My gods... it only seems like yesterday, when Kyra and I first met..." Dan said aloud, "Heh... I remember how nervous we both used to be around each other, I'm not sure who was more though, me or her..."

He carefully got back up, picking Noel up and placing her on Forte's saddle. He turned back toward Doma, still gazing at the land he now called his home.

"And... when she told me how she felt about, then I told her... wow... I thought my heart would explode from all the fear and joy running through it that night. I don't think I've ever felt so... happy with someone..."

-_- "...not for a long time..."

He looked at his small cat, smiling mischievously as he gave her a quick pet, "I hope you feel the same way about your 'mate', Noel. ^-^"

<.<;;; Even if it might be a uh... demon-cat... Daniel sweatdropped mentally.

"Mew! =^.^=" his small cat let out, almost as if she understood him.

"And now..." Dan started, turning his face to look out at Doma once more, "We're getting married... gonna be devoting ourselves to one another for the rest of our lives..."

He turned to his two companions, a small amount of concern on his face.

ó.ò "...am I really ready for this? What if mess up, or something happens to her... because of me...? Do I really deserve to be with her...?"

Forte blinked a few times, before trotting over and nuzzling against Dan's chin.

-.- "..wark.."

Noel quickly hopped off Forte onto Dan's shoulder, nuzzling his cheek.

=-.-= "..mew.."

^.^;; "Heh... I guess I'll take that as a yes, huh?" Dan chuckled, petting them both, "Thanks guys... guess I just needed a bit of reassurance... even if was a just a wark and a meow."

He picked Noel up once more, hopping onto Forte's saddle, guiding him toward the path back down the mountain.

"I guess we should head back now. If I know Stephan, he'll probably be pissed by now..." Daniel half gulped. He felt Forte shiver a bit, just as Noel let out a small, angry sounding hiss.

I swear... I think some animals comprehend human language more than some would like to admit... Daniel thought, considering their reactions to his conversation, as well as Stephan's name. Shaking his head, put the thought aside for now, he had a much more important matter to worry about. Daniel shook the reigns slightly, indicating to Forte that they should start heading down. With a quick wark, the green chocobo started down the path, taking the trio back to the castle. As they started down the path, though, Daniel scratched at the back of his head for a moment.

"You know... it's the darndest thing... I feel like I'm forgetting something..." he said aloud, grabbing back onto the reigns and shrugging slightly, "Oh well, probably can't be anything important..."

Edited by: FF Fanatic 80&nbsp; Image at: 8/15/02 5:18:30 pm

Kotoki

Lalala...

Unread postby Kotoki » Thu Aug 15, 2002 1:43 pm

Kotoki laughed nervously in response to Ash's question. "Well..." she started. "You know, we girls... We have ways of making people do things..."

She sighed for a moment, pouring herself a drink. "Jak's getting a bounty, though, so he'll probably be late. At least that gives me time to go shopping for a present, though... What do you think they'd like?"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: Lalala...

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:03 pm

"Oooh! Shopping!" Molo said, whilst he finished cleaning up the bar. "I wanna help buy a present! I have some money saved up!" he smiled, showing some dirty coins in his pocket. "Err. . .right, Ash, what WOULD they like? I know! A new sword?"

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Dan = Dead man >:D

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Aug 15, 2002 2:22 pm

**A Soon-to-be Surprised Mother**

High over Castle Hyral, gone unnoticed by Daniel as he headed back down the mountain, an airship flew overhead. From the designs and markings along its hullk, as well as its deep crimson colors, it appeared to be a travel-class airship from Baron, a kingdom located on the opposite side of the Igalia continent. Due to an agreement between Doma and Baron, very limited aircraft travel was allowed into and out of Doma for travel and trade. From the ground, this appeared to be the same as any other flight, as this paticular airship always took the same route over the mountains. On board said airship, however, was an entirely different story...

>.O;;; "Sir, PLEASE?! Can we land the airship down somewhere?!" an irate passenger yelled, hopping between his two feet and clutching at his stomach. Several of the other passengers were doing the same, a few laying down across their seats and moaning in pain. The focus of all the anger, a somewhat arrogant and haugty looking steward simply shut his eyes and responded in a flat tone.

-.- "Sorry, but it was clearly stated that the restrooms were out of order, so you'll just have to wait until we land in Doma." he said, starting to turn around to head back to the cabin.

O\/o+++ "...we were told HALFWAY HERE!!!" the man yelled angrily. The Steward turned around, still with the same smug expression.

"Well sorry, it's not my problem." he said. He turned to head back once again, but felt something grab him by the shoulder. When he faced back to see, his gaze met the fiery green eyes of an elderly woman, with long silver hair and the robes of a white wizard.

"Young man... there is flat land under us at this moment, am I correct?" she asked the attendant. He simply nodded, trying to turn back, but her grip remained firm.

"Well then, I see no reason why you can't land the airship a moment for these poor people. Do you have any idea the physiological problems that can result from holding it in for extended periods?"

"Sorry ma'am, but as I said, we can't land until we arrive at our destination. Furthermore, do you have any idea how much time and fuel would be wasted in doing..."

Before he could finish, he winced as he felt her grip tighten to a very uncomfortable level.

"Let me tell you something, then..." the woman stated, her eyes narrowing into a glare, "Do you have any idea how many other alternative forms of travel are available in Baron? Chocobo's, Ships, Guided trecks across the Shumans, a nice big selection to choose from. How would you like it if me and some of my friends from the Baron Society for the Late Lived started promoting these organizations a bit more, huh? Perhaps start telling people about some of the inherent dangers of airship travel? Image:"> -]"

The steward's confidence faltered a bit, which the elderly woman quickly took advantage of.

"Now then, why don't you tell your captain to set us down now? After all, I'm sure you'd hate to have an elderly woman causing a scene in front of all these people, right? So bad for business. ^-^"

"...I...I will go tell him right now..." The steward stammered.

"^-^ That's wonderful dear..." she said, patting the young man on the cheek, "Such a nice young man. Now get."

The steward hurried out of the room, the applause of the passengers rining in his ears as Shelia Hyral blushed and bowed.

Goodness... you'd think the first rule of any business would be your customers... *sigh*... The elderly woman though, taking her seat as the airship went to make an emergency landing nearby the mountains, I'll have to tell Daniel about it once I arrive at his castle...

^-^ Won't he be surprised to see me? I wonder what he's been up to...?

Unknown to Shelia and the others on board, a certain barbarian and his furry companion were resting nearby their landing spot...

Edited by: FF Fanatic 80&nbsp; Image at: 8/18/02 10:29:20 pm

Uncle Pervy

Re: Dan = Dead man >:D

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Aug 15, 2002 3:25 pm

Pervy looks at Molokidan, then smiles. "So ye fergot t' get ol' Danny a gift, eh?"

He then looks over at Kotoki and Ash, and smiles. "Ye fergot as well, I'll wager," says the ex-White Mage, grinning. He nods to Ash, having met the warrior the previous night along with the groom-to-be. He then extends a hand to Kotoki and grins broadly.

"And if me eyes dun decieve me, ye'd be Kotoki, aye?" He declares. "Tis good t' finally meet ye! Been here a few times, and ye've been elsewhere. Been wantin' t' say ye run a nice place, 'ere."

Ignoring the fact that the poor innkeep seems to have been put a litte off guard by the sudden onrush of friendliness from the big pirate, Pervy glances at both Ash and Kotoki. Then he chcukles a bit and says, "If these ol' ears didnae decieve me, ye went an' lollygagged on gettin' Danny a gift too, eh? Well then, let's bash our heads together fer awhile, an' see what we can come up with! Molo suggested a sword, but I'm thinkin' somethin' a bit more peaceful, aye?"

Elementalist Daien

Re: Wedding Day in Doma

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Aug 15, 2002 3:32 pm

Daien looked at Jaede, just as he had finished arranging a sleeve which was giving him a lot of trouble to get just right. He smiled as he saw her wearing the long green dress, and her efforts to look like a lady. However, the staff kind of ruined the idea.

"Uh... I don't think the staff is a good idea at a wedding, Jaede..."

Kotoki

...What about...

Unread postby Kotoki » Thu Aug 15, 2002 6:29 pm

Kotoki smiled back at the pirate. "Pleased to meet you too, sir. I guess I am out a lot of the time... ^_^;; But it's a great idea to pool ideas for gifts. I didn't have time to buy one either."

She took a sip of her tea and thought for a moment. "Do you think they would want a waffle iron?"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: ...What about...

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Aug 15, 2002 6:36 pm

"err. . .WE need a new waffle iron. . ." Molo scratched his head. "Speaking of which, I wonder what kind of food they're going to have there. . .we should make them a cake!"

Uncle Pervy

Ideas, ideas

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Aug 15, 2002 8:18 pm

"Hmmm... They like waffles?" Pervy wonders aloud, as he has a seat at the table.

"Only thing I could think o' twas t' get 'em th' biggest keg o' rum I could get over there a'fore th' ceremony ends. But Danny dun drink. Found that out th' hard way last night..."

After a moment of silence, Pervy adds, "Only other thing I could think o' were these." As he speaks, he pulls the set of manacles he bought earlier from his robe's pocket, and puts them on the table.

Kotoki

Re: Ideas, ideas

Unread postby Kotoki » Thu Aug 15, 2002 9:52 pm

Kotoki looked at them for a moment and nodded, smiling and without any trace of irony whatsoever. "That should work out fine. Everyone likes handcuffs! But... maybe they should be fuzzy or something?"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:12 pm

Molo scratched his head. "Fuzzy handcuffs! Cute! Ummm. . .where are we gonna get the fuzzies? Where do fuzzies even come from??"

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:29 pm

Ash chuckled, "Handcuffs? C'mon... it's a wedding, they have to be... a bit more proper... you know?" Ash asked as he turned to the stairs...

IM: What's taking her so long? Should I go up there?

He looked around, all he saw were Kotoki, Pervy, Molo, and some hairy dwarf sitting at a bar table drinking a flask of rum.

IM: She must be taking a shower or something... maybe I should go check then... heh heh... got to get some gifts though for the new couple.

Ash pulled out a small pouch of gold, "This should be good for some gifts." he said to Kotoki and Captain Pervy.

Next

Return to Gaera Main RPs