A new threat (Semi-serious freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

A new threat (Semi-serious freestyle RP)

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:33 pm

(OOC:Anyone can join this, but please don't spam it to death.)

&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp The scene turns to a young druid, obviously a druid because only a druid could come within twenty feet of a tiger without getting mauled, unlike an obvious predecessor on the ground. Along with an unfortunate person’s skull, the cave they were in was covered in books. Tons of books, which is an unusual asset for a tiger to have. The books ranged from alchemy to the story of “The Hit” (which was tattered and obviously had been pawed through repeatedly.) The other books looked as though they were brand new, especially thick ones like “The gravitational theory and how it applies to you” and “See Spot Teach History”. The druid, however, was wearing a simple green robe and trying to wade through the sea of books, holding a thick brown one and an oddly carved staff. He was also looking down on a particularly fierce lion.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “I thank you for your hospitality Sher’ Khan. If I can ever do anything for you...”
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “Read another of those books to me. I rather liked that story of that man who saved the world with a broom. And stop calling me Sher’ Khan. I don’t like being named.”
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “Really? In my world, a man named Kipling visited, and wrote a book. In that book, a very fierce tiger named Sher’ Khan held all of a jungle in fear.”
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “I’m quite sure. I don’t want to spoil the tiger’s good name by having it placed on me. Now, read that book.” At this point, the tiger pushes a smallish black book, bound in leather and having a small clasp with a mystic sigil on it, to the druid
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “Let’s see, what is...I don’t think you want me to read this book to you, it’s actually a spell book. I can’t read all of it, but I do know it was a black mage’s. Put this somewhere safe. How about this boo” The druid never finished that sentence, because an earth shattering BOOM rocked the cave and actually knocked man and tiger into a few walls.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “What in the name of Gaera was that?”
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “I believe it was a small spell, presumably from a Mage who wants his book back. Should I go and give it back?” Asked a slightly bruised druid, picking himself up off the ground.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “Why not? I can’t read it, you can’t read all of it, and he obviously wants it back very badly to fire such a small spell, but I should kill him for firing at my home.” The lion replied somewhat wistfully.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “I’ll handle it.” And as the druid stepped outside, holding the book and his staff, he saw something that tantalized him to no end. It was night, and the sky he saw was the same as what he saw at home. “Home...” Several thoughts came to him, only to be interrupted by a lightning bolt.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “I want my brother’s book!” Yelled the ominous voice from which the bolt had come.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “Why didn’t you ask? Wait, I want to verify it was, indeed, your brother’s book. What is it about?”
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “It had a spell in it on teleportation. A very strong spell. Now return it before I blast you, your pet kitty, and everything else within a fifty mile radius!”
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “I somehow doubt you. If it was merely a teleportation spell, why are you so intent on killing everyone around to get it? I doubt you hold that much value on your brother’s belongings, and I doubt you would have a chance to fire a shot at both a druid who can cast Aero at this moment, and a lion who is actively sneaking up on you.” At this the figure panicked, turned, and of course did not see a lion behind him. What he did see was thousands of blades of grass growing quickly and wrapping around his arms and mouth.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “Zphglurble!”
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “My, my, such harsh language. Now, tell me what the book is about. My companion and I would like to know.” The wizard heard a growl from somewhere behind him. “He’s rather upset about being called a ‘pet kitty’.” A much louder growl emitted from behind the wizard, along with vines slipping out of his mouth.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “PTTTTHH!! God, that grass tasted nasty! Gahh, please call off the lion! How did he get behind me anyways?”
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “He would starve if he wasn’t sneaky. As for calling him off, I can’t call him off, he is not under my control. If you do what I ask, though, I will try to persuade him to let go.” Saying ‘try’ and ‘persuade’ as a gambler lays down his hand at a poker game without taking a look at what his cards were, making it seem as though slim chances were better than none.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “It was a spell made to let people travel anywhere they wanted, anytime they wanted! They could get through large vaults, go to another country, go to another world even!”
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “Another..world..”
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “Yeah, without even knowing the place they want to go to! All they have to do is say the name and poof! You’re there!”
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “*Sigh* If only you could tell the truth. Listen, This is too much to be coincidence, and too little to be fate. Therefore, it is a setup. Hide a book where the druid will go, send an angry hired mage after him, and make him want to read the book. I know that people can put curses in words on books, so that if you make someone read it, they die. I don’t know who you are, but you may take this book, and shove it. Tell whoever it was that you failed because I was too smart. Tell them I will be more wary next time. And most definately tell them that I want to know why they want me dead, sick, or trapped here. Now go.” The mage stopped struggling against the vines because they a)weren’t there, and b)the mage was now a puff of smoke. “I believe I have placed you in danger. I will leave.”
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “Hah! You think my only link to great stories will pass away without MY death first? You are a very naive druid. We will both leave.” He said with a sniff. “By the way, humans hold much greater stock with names than I do, but you may call me *sigh* Sher’ Khan, but if I am called cute by anyone but the extremely naive, well,” He flexed all his claws on each forepaw “I can be a lot worse than that cat you complain about at home.”
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “What, you can shred all my clothes without so much as a look back? Ah well. Just try not to scare anyone should we go into towns. I did pass a Kotoki’s inn once, we should head there. Many heroes lodge there, and they won’t think twice about it being destroyed.”
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “Kotoki? Wasn’t she associated with that man who saved the world”
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “With a broom, yes. And I believe she fell in love with a black mage.”
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “Poor girl.”
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “Oh hush. We need to be there before daybreak. I’ll carry the big stick, you take the books.” And with that, they started on a grand adventure, fit for neither man nor beast, but both together might make it. If beast stopped wanting to hear more about the man who saved the world with a broom.

bunnygirle78

Re: A new threat (Semi-serious freestyle RP)

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Mon Jul 29, 2002 7:49 pm

(cool. I'd like to join this one if its ok with you. I have a nice little char I want to try out.)

Serie yawned and looked up from her seat. She was dressed in dark blue and on her head was a hat that looked very much like a jesters.

She couldn't get into the inn, every time she tried she was told to get lost. Or laughed at. She rested her head on her hands and sighed again.

"I hate it when people laugh," She said glaring back towards the inn. She kicked her small feet forward and allowed them to bang against the crate she was siting on.

To toughs who passed her, she was a small child. A girl that could not have been older than seven years of age. People seldom saw her for what she was, and sometimes she liked that. However when she was laughed at, well. . lets just say she had a temper and leave it at that.

"Could you go into the inn with me?" Serie asked as an old woman with long white hair passed by. The woman frowned and shook her finger at Serie.

"You should go home little girl!" She said. "To think that one so young is hanging around an inn. Oh," the old woman said sadly. "Is your father in there? Is he drinking? Do you want me to go in and smack him over the head?"

Serie blinked at the old woman and then frowned.

"No, My father is not in this place. Neither is my mother. I am hear alone. I just need a place to sleep and this place is the only place my purse can afford. Now are you going in with me or not?"

"Not," the woman said and shuffled off. But not before glancing over her shoulder at Seri who made a face. The old woman stormed off grumbling about the disrespect that the youth had for there elders.

Seri crossed her feet and pulled her hat over her head.

"Damn it." She said. "Now how am I going to get a place to stay." She looked up at the sign and glared at it.

"Kotoki Inn, pshhh." She leaned against the wall and yawned. "Didn't want to stay there any. . way." Serie soon found herself drifting to sleep.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Mon Jul 29, 2002 10:45 pm

(OOC:What did I say before? Besides, that post doesn't seem like someone who would spam an RP to death!)

Serie awakened to the face of a young man(elf?) and the maw of a lion.
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp "EEEEEEKK!!"
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp "Young lady, please, hush. This lion will not harm you! What I want to know is why would a girl such as yourself rest in an alley. Don't you know this place is full of people who would take advantage of you? Come, you can rest with us at the inn." All of this was said before Serie even had a chance to get her breath back.

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Mon Jul 29, 2002 10:58 pm

Serie flattened herself against the wall. She didn't know this man, and the fact that he had a Lion. . . a very big lion made didn't make her feel any safer. Then it hit her. . .the man had called her girl.

"Well excuse me sir." Serie said slowly. "But it isn't every day that I wake up to see a lion staring me in the face." Serie looked at him suddenly and smiled.

"Did . .Did you just say you'll go into the inn with me?" The man nodded.

"Thank the gods. Every time I go in there they make fun of me. Thank you so much. . .oh and one more thing."

"What?" Asked the man.

"Don't ever call me girl! My name is Serie. . .and you are?" Serie smiled and sighed. "Sorry for my rudeness. I've been traveling for a long time and. . .shesh that lion is very big."

She smiled warmly at him and jumped down from the crate she had been sleeping on. She didn't know if she could trust him, and for the moment she had no choice. She needed a warm bed to sleep in. She didn't have to explain anything yet. .and as long as he didn't ask. . she wouldn't bring up why she was all alone.

(Thanks Dragon sage. I love Rpgs and I love to make new chars. Serie is the first child Char that I have ever played. And you are in for some surprises.)

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Mon Jul 29, 2002 11:24 pm

"I apologize if I have offended miss. My name is Sorune, and this" He points at the tiger. "Is Sher' Khan. He has agreed to travel with me if I read him books. Don't ask. I have a few extra dollars if you need them, and I'm still not entirely used to the customs of Gaera. I don't know, perhaps I could hire you as a guide?"

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Mon Jul 29, 2002 11:36 pm

"Sorune? Hmm nice name." Seire said smiling. She jumped as the tiger growled at her. "Oh and Sher' Khan is a fine name to." Serie said quickly. "Don't mind me." Serie said.

"I just don't like being called girl. And as for giving me money, I don't realy need any. But I'll make you a deal. If you check into this inn and say that I am your niece or something, then I will be all to happy to be your guide."

Serie smiled.

"And you don't have to pay me anything."

Serie felt calm again. She no longer feared the man, he seemed kind hearted and now that she got a better look at him he seemed to be a kind hearted man. And Sher' Khan seemed to be friendly to, at least Seire thought so (well after she got past the fangs and the fact that he was a lion.)

"I like books to." Serie said and then looked down sadly. "Story books. . .there the only ones I like."

(Wna see a pic of Serie hear you go: briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/bu...%26.view=l Hope you like it.)

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 12:06 am

Rook sat on a musty, dirty, street corner. Wasn't the first time, wasn't the last, and it didn't bother him at all. He knew he'd be leaving soon. It was his way, besides. It was only a matter of time before no one cared about a wondering bard. He knew he would return eventually, with a new identity. Unless of course, he didn't.

He didn't know if anyone was listening to him out on the streetcorner. And he also knew that if he went to a tavern, he would surely be thrown out, or thrown out drunk, then robbed. He didn't trust himself around spirits, and no right minded bar keeper would either.

He brushed his dull brown trousers off and picked up his lute somewhat grudgingly. Why didn't he get a nice harp...? At least that could have fit in his bag.

But he didn't have time to think. The tavern called, and he needed somewhere to go. He brushed away his long red hair, out of his eyes. He wished he would have gotten his hair cut when he had the chance, now he was half blind with his own redness.

Well... maybe he could get a crowd as he traveled. He picked up his bag and slung it over his shoulder. He began to walk and play his lute and head towards the tavern, singing.

"Now you all know.. the Bards and their song..."

bunnygirle78

Harp . . .or lute you be the judge?

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 12:19 am

"What is that?" Serie asked steping forward. "It sounds like a song?" Serie stood and watched as a lone bard walked in front of her with his head down. He was singing a song that she had never heard before.

"Hay!" Serie said to him. "If you want to have people listen to your nice voice you should lift your head up and sing it proudly. And can you start over? Its really nice." Serie looked behind her and smiled to Sorune, who stroked Sher on the head.

"Hay Sorune!" Serie shouted. "Your about to hear a great thing! A Bard in grabbed is a great thing. Come on." Serie said and grabbed Sournes hand. "You have to hear him!"

She looked at the man who was staring at her oddly. He probably thought she was insane. She stopped tugging at Sorune and smiled again.

"My names Serie. .and you are?"

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Re: Harp . . .or lute you be the judge?

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 12:29 am

(Double posts are bad! But I like the Serie picture.)
"Sir, before you panic, the lion will not kill, maim, or in any other way harm a person unless provoked." Gods, this is going to get old quick. I have a feeling that these two are going to help me. I hate these premonitions. "Just don't threaten anybody around him."

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 12:40 am

(I'm sorry about the double post. It was an accident. . .and I'm not sure how it happened.)

Seire laughed as she saw the bard go slightly pale. It made her wonder how funny she had looked when she was scared by Sher' Khan.

"You know, now that I look at Sher' Khan. . hes not so scary. And I think he liked your song to." Serie said turning back to the bard. She tilted her head to the side and sighed. "You know Sorune, we should get inside. Its going to get dangerous soon. Allot of robbers come out when it gets late."' She glanced at the bard. "Why don't you join us inside?"

(whoopee. . . I have lack of sleep and I love Rpgs. . .oh I do request on pics. . sometimes.)

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 12:48 am

(I know, I had one a few minutes ago. I still think the're evil though.)
"Yes friend, please come inside and join us. While I am somewhat more particular towards elven lyre music, I must admit that you strum a lute rather well. Say, you never did tell us your name."

Ajil6

How fun

Unread postby Ajil6 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:05 am

Rook looked at the girl complimenting his music. Then to the lion who was staring at him in a look he could only describe as predetory. Then to the man who was standing next to the lion.

"Hello..." He said, somewhat flabbergasted. His hair fell into his eyes.

~What the hell?~ He thought.

He wondered if he was the only one on the street who thought it odd, that he was a standing bard, talking to a man with a lion, and a small girl.

"My name is.. Rook." He blinked slowly. "I'm.. a bard." He nodded vigorously. Not sure what to do.

After a moment of thinking. "Why. Yes. I would like to go into the tavern with you."

~I am going mad.~

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Serious bit

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:19 am

"I knew that bringing you into town was a bad idea. At least you've warmed up to the girl." Sher'Khan purred, and nuzzled Seire's arm, bringing a slight startle to the gi-young lady. "Rook, I know that it seems bizarre that anyone, let alone a quarter-elf, would come into a town of humans and befriend a...young lady, but I need to share this with a person that actually can think past breakfast. I have slight premonitions from time to time, and one of them is that the two of you are going to help me find a way to get back home, or find the person who's trying to keep me here. I know this is a bit much to swallow, but I'm from another world. I need to get back as soon as possible. Can you think of any way anyone could help me?

Ajil6

Re: Serious bit

Unread postby Ajil6 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:26 am

Rook. Again. Was flabberghasted. Why was, in the middle of the road, a lion, a girl, and a quarter elf, talking to him.

"Um.. sure.. I'd just love to help you." He stammerred out. Oh well. They were a hallucination, they'd go away... right?

"Yes. I would. Like." He started, again.

"To help you." He finished. Well, that wasn't so hard now, was it? Just pretend that they were there, and then they'd go away.

"Do you mind if I get a drink first?" Well, why not? If he was this bad while sober. Why not see what being drunk could do?

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:36 am

*Sigh* "If I drank, I'd certainly be looking at the bottom of a glass right now. Go on to the bar, I'll be there soon enough. I just need to get everyone else checked in first. And this is confusing, but I can tell by the look on your face that you are considering forgetting all this as a hallucination. My friend, it is not. It may be dangerous. Yes, more dangerous than a quarter-elf with a lion. But remember, the bottom of a bottle usually makes a dangerous situation look worse than it is.

(Woo, 13 posts in less than three hours!)

Edited by: Dragon Sage007 at: 7/30/02 5:41:01 am

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 2:02 am

Rook nodded. "Well.. I think.. well..." He trailed off, at a loss for words. "Well.. lets go inside."

Rook looked at the crowd of three, and prayed silently the lion would be kept outside. Strumming his lute, he put his best face forward and walked inside the inn.

Playing his lute, he walked into the tavern. Putting on a plaster smile, he strummed a few chords. "Does anyone want any music to help that beer down..?"

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 2:12 am

Rook's dreams were, unfortunately, not fulfilled. The lion came in with the girl. Fortunately, both went strait for the innkeeper, along with the quarter elf.(I'm gonna laze out a bit, and not write all the dialouge stuff.) He paid for the rooms, and went up with Seire.
"Seire, I'm going to have a chat with Rook. I'll leave Sher'Khan here with you, along with a few books. If you read them to him, I'm pretty sure he'll get to know you better."
"Sher'Khan, protect this girl. Something's up. I know. but we must remain vigilant. Get her to read "The Hit" It might help."

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:13 am

Rook followed the figity looking quarter-elf. "Well.. I geuss I don't have to play for my stay after all.." he mumbled.

So this was turning out to be a full day. Something that he would have certainly written home to his mother about at the very least. After all, how often does a strange elf-man, a lion, and a little girl enlist you for something you don't understand?

He looked at his companion again, he seemed fidgity, even paranoid that something was going to happen. "Relax uh.. Sorune was it?" He thought he had heard the girl, Serie say that.

The elf-man didn't relax and Rook became nervous, but covered it up by moving his hair from his face. ~I have to get that cut before I leave.~

"So... you're from 'Somewhere far beyond'?" Rook asked, laughing mentally at his private joke, which he was sure that the elf wouldn't get. He knew this was going to be.. an interesting trip, so he might as well amuse himself for awhlie before it got serious.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 3:40 am

"You might say that. I have had more trouble in the last few months than you have had in your entire life. I'm quite certain of that. Have you been ripped from your home, only to deal with an incompetant summoner? He somehow tore me from my home, when he was really trying to summon a Chocobo. Now, I have doubts about that. You see, last night a mage tried to kill me. He said that he wanted a book that the lion had. I don't think I gave it back. Here." Sorune pushes a small black book with a mystic sigil on it in front of Rook. "Just don't read it. I think it's cursed. I have reason to believe that someone is trying to get me to stay here so that they can destroy my home world. And those premonitions came because you, me, Serie, and the lion, maybe more people, are going to be the only ones who can stop it.

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:49 am

Serie smiled as the Inn keepers jaw dropped. She smiled at Sher' Khan and leaned over to him.

"Its kind of funny.. .isn't it?"

She laughed to herself and turned to see that Sorune and Rook were talking very seriously. Sorune seemed distant, his eyes filled with something. Serie glanced at Sher' Khan and sighed.

"I guess you two have had a hard time to Huh?" She walked to a table and sat down. "You know I wasn't that surprised to hear you talked. Um. . If I tell you something do you promise not to tell Sorune . . .at least not yet?"

All around her bar patrons were starting to mumble, and a one screamed and bolted at the door. She leaned on her hands and sighed.

"I met some other animals like you. . .my father had some. They could talk to. But they weren't as big as you." Serie smiled warmly at Sher' Khan and pet him under his chin. "They were mostly rabbits and Birds. But I like you better. So can you tell me why you and Serie smiled as the Inn keepers jaw dropped. She smiled at Sher' Khan and leaned over to him.

"Its kind of funny.. .isn't it?"

She laughed to herself and turned to see that Sorune and Rook were talking very seriously. Sorune seemed distant, his eyes filled with something. Serie glanced at Sher' Khan and sighed.

"I guess you two have had a hard time to Huh?" She walked to a table and sat down. "You know I wasn't that surprised to hear you talked. Um. . If I tell you something do you promise not to tell Sorune . . .at least not yet?"

All around her bar patrons were starting to mumble, and a one screamed and bolted at the door. She leaned on her hands and sighed.

"I met some other animals like you. . .my father had some. They could talk to. But they weren't as big as you." Seire waved to Sorune and Rook to come over and sit down.

"Please don't tell," Seire whispered. She didn't know why she had told Sher' Khan, but something inside of her told her it was the right thing to do.

(ooohhh. . .could it be an insight on her past. . .da da dummmm)

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:28 pm

(What the...A double post in a post? BG, I hope you don't mind editing that message, it's pretty confusing! Oh yeah, and Sher'Khan speaks lion, Sorune is just able to decipher animal talk.)
Sher'Khan smiled, purred, and was relaxing on Serie's lap. She liked books! Story books too, not just boring science. Maybe the human world isn't that bad after all. But at the mention that she could talk to some animals at her farm, his ears perked up. Sher'Khan wasn't an expert, but very few animals, even if they could talk common, would speak with people. Maybe...time to test a theory. Sher'Khan dived into the sack of books he had hidden in his mane, and pulled out a tattered copy of "The Hit", laying it into Serie's hands.
"What? Oh, you want me to read it! Alright, the story begins in a dark forest..."

Edited by: Dragon Sage007 at: 7/30/02 6:27:10 pm

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:43 pm

Serie blushed.

"Well. . .I can read it to you." She said slowly. "What else do you have in that mane?" She opened the book and then looked up suddenly. Sorune and Rook were still talking. . .and for a moment she had thought she herd Sorune say the word she dreaded to hear. ..Mage.

She began to read to Sher' Khan and tried to forget what she thought she herd.

(Nice try but shes not from a farm. Don't worry I promise she isn't an orphan or anything so predictable like that. I am working on a char sheet for her. . .oh and don't fret. . .shes not super strong either. Opps my bad I thought that Sher was speaking English. . .thanks for telling me.)

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 6:49 pm

(er..that's not exactly what I was thinking. It's not often that a little girl with a jester cap comes from the sticks. I was thinking something a bit more twisting for the plot.)

Ajil6

Crummy Curses

Unread postby Ajil6 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:15 pm

"Curse? Why do you carry a cursed book?" He looked at the elf, puzzled. This day was slowly giving him a headache.

"And the summoner must not have been that stupid.. after all, if he was you would have probably exploded or something. But no, I don't know how that feels." He didn't know anything about summoning but assumed that was the case. He snorted inwardly, irritated that the elf-man was stating things about his life. Though, it was true, he hadn't really had more trouble in his life than being thrown out for stealing and petty theft. It was still rude though.

Rook picked up the book and traced his finger over the sigil. "Why would someone, take you here. To destroy your 'homeworld'?" He asked, "What are you, some sort of King?"

Rook was having troubles believing Sorunes story, but felt that it couldn't hurt to continue listening to him. "So tell me about this Homeworld..."

bunnygirle78

Re: Crummy Curses

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 10:41 pm

(oh man . .sorry I didn't realize that I did that. ..please forgive me and my . .at the time. .very very tired mind. Well I made a char sheet for Serie and hear it is. .www.geocities.com/bunny_g...serie.html Oh and I have no Idea what "The Hit," is about so I am going to have to play it by ear. If its a real book . .sorry.)

Serie leapt to her feet as she read. The story was exciting, filled with adventure and romance. She looked up to see Sher' Khan staring at her with his large intent eyes.

"And as she neared him, she felt chill run down her spine." Serie said slowly and in what she hoped to be a very scary voice. She was so bissey reading she did not see that some of the people in the Inn were starting to near her. Hoping to hear some of the story.

"I shall have my Revenge upon you and all that follow!" Serei shouted in a dark voice. "And then as the evil one raised his hand he was struck down by the combined strength shared by the young hero and his true love." Serie smiled and closed the book.

"WOW!" She said hugging Sher' Khan around the neck. "Thank you so much. That was a great story! Its been along time since I was abel to read anything."

"Please miss?" Asked a old man standing at the bar. ."Could ya read another one?"

Serie blushed and smiled.

"Well if my friend has another book I will." Serie said looking over her shoulder towards Sorune and Rook. Now both of them seemed to have darkened spirits.

"I. . ." Serie said as she turned to Sher' Khan. She froze and her face went pale. Her eyes seem to glaze over as she fell into a dead faint.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

About Y'tuin

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 10:50 pm

"My world...it is a place of nature. It is covered by forests and greenery, and most people on it are concerned if they see a clearing in their entire life. Also, most of the above-world population is elven, not human. Dwarves tend to stay underground, and even the most adventurous elf seldom sees one in his life. Anyway, It was created to be a balance of sorts. You know how many destroyed worlds there are that were once lush and green? Too many. Y'tuin was created by the group efforts of several gods and goddesses to maintain equality between life and death. Now, your question about me being king? No, my responsibility is far greater than that of any monarch. Besides, we have a diplomacy, where good people take turns being king. No, I am a Sage, protector of Y'tuin, my homeworld." At this Sorune looks fierce, almost frightening. As if a veil had been lifted up from him, and you could see his true strength. "I am to protect my world at the cost of my life, my sanity, and even my very soul. I was given this task by the very gods who rest on Y'tuin even now, and if someone comes to upset the balance, even the gods would be defenseless, as they gave up their powers to create the balance. I was given special powers, but here they are severely weakened. I had control over nature itself, it's entire life is putty in my grasp. I could give or create life from it. But not here. Here, I am severely weakened and cannot even draw from timber. And someone intends to keep me here, for evil intentions. As to the other questions, I am hoping to find a black mage who can read the books without suffering the curse, as it might help me figure out who is holding me here. And summoning, it's a lot like teleporting, just instead of going to, you're coming from. Well Rook? Are you convinced of my story?" Sorune looks normal again, and all signs of the fierceness have worn off.

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 10:50 pm

A loud *thud* cut Rook off from his sentance to Sorune. He turned around to see Serie collapsed on the floor. Quickly he stood up and went over to her.

~What do I do?~ He asked himself, unfortunetly, he didn't answer back.

Rook knelt by the small girl, "Ma'am? Are you okay?" He looked around the bar, only to see that no one was moving to help, only staring. He started fanning her with his hand. "Ma'am?" He felt a bit worried. It was rather hot in the room, but not enough to make someone pass out.

He wondered if he would get to play tonight, but chances were, his evening was shot. Again.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:11 pm

Sorune silently came up behind Rook. "Help me get her outside. Sher'Khan, you too." Between the three of them, they got her outside gently. "I hope this works. I haven't used it lately. Rook, Khan, could you start a slight breeze please?" Bewildered, but trusting the elf man, they fanned with hand and tail. "from the breeze's soft embrace, I beseech thee, Help this girl to health, and back with ye!" All of a sudden, the breeze grew solid enough to see, and seemed to go straight into the child's mouth. "Hold on, it's a healing spell. It may help her." They all waited patiently...

bunnygirle78

A close by threat

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:16 pm

Serie was falling. . .falling in darkness.

"Where am I?" She asked in a scared voice. An evil laugh surrounded her.

"Poor little one," the voice said. Serie felt a chill rush threw her.

"Go away!" She shouted. "GO away! What did you do to my papa?"

The voice seemed closer as the voice spoke again.

"If I go then you won't find out. Now why don't you tell me where you are!"

"NO!" Serie screamed.

Suddenly Serie's eyes shot open and she looked up to see Rook looking down at her. She felt embarrassed, and confused. She knew that voice, and usually when she heard it. . it meant that one of them was close by.

(I was trying to get Serie involved with the story with some connection.)

Ajil6

Re: A close by threat

Unread postby Ajil6 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:23 pm

"Are you okay Ms. Serie?" He looked down at her. "What happened in there? You passed out.." ~And ruined my chances for a show.~ Rook kept that last part quiet.

He was worried for the girl, but upset that he didn't get to perform for the crowd, it was a slightly larger crowd than the three or four that would normally be in a bar that would allow him to play.

Of course, he needed to shake those thoughts out of his head, it was rather ungentlemanly of him.

..Since when did he care about being a gentleman?

"You fell down." He said, pointing out the obvious. "Are you alright?"

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:05 am

"I. . .m . . .fine." Serie said shaking. "I'm sorry." She said and then took on a scared look. "We have to go back in! Sorry about falling. . .lets go back in." She said frantically.

The three of them looked at her oddly.

Serie was still shaking, and had gone very pale. There was not hiding the fact that she was terrified about something.

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:13 am

Rook looked down at the girl.

~Okay, she just fell down, and wants to go back in.~

"Are you sure you want to go back in ma'am?" He asked politely, he wanted to go back in, personally. But he didn't want her to pass out again.

He watched her sit there, shaking, and asked again. "Are you sure.. I mean, you don't look so good."

~Thats an understatement. Poor kids terrified~

He looked over to Sorune. "Well?"

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:14 am

Rook looked down at the girl.

~Okay, she just fell down, and wants to go back in.~

"Are you sure you want to go back in ma'am?" He asked politely, he wanted to go back in, personally. But he didn't want her to pass out again.

He watched her sit there, shaking, and asked again. "Are you sure.. I mean, you don't look so good."

~Thats an understatement. Poor kids terrified~

He looked over to Sorune. "Well?"

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:43 am

"Serie, is there any reason that you could just fall unconscious in a crowded, warm, tavern? I think we need to know if this will happen again, and specifically, if the nightmare will come back."

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Wed Jul 31, 2002 12:44 am

"Yes," Serie said. "I want to go back in. . . I promise I'm fine. I think I was just tired. . .and. . .I want to go back in. I could read to Shre' Khan some more. . ."

She was trying hard to hide her fear and was doing terribly at it. She knew that something horrible was near. She wanted to be inside the inn. . .in a nice warm bed. . .away from all the bad things. She turned to Sher' Khan and smiled.

"You want another story?" She asked warmly.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

A new book

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Wed Jul 31, 2002 8:53 pm

Sher'Khan purrs, and pulls out "A Hobbit's tale" and pushes it into Serie's hands, and sits down quietly, keeping a much more strict eye on her.

bunnygirle78

Re: A new book

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Wed Jul 31, 2002 8:56 pm

Serie hugs the book to her chest and backs towards the door.

"Oh I love stories about hobbits." She said shaikly. "Come on. . .lets go in and read it. . .ok?"

Ajil6

Unread postby Ajil6 » Wed Jul 31, 2002 9:55 pm

Rook yawned. "Well, lets go back in. If you need me, I'll be soliciting people for cash in the form of song." He stepped back inside the inn. Ten to one, he'd end up leaving with those people, but for now, he wanted to distance himself from the feinting girl and crazed elf mage.

As always, Rook found the dingiest and darkest corner of the inn, and as always, sat down and set up shop. He strummed a few chords on his lute, and waited for one of three things to happen. 1. He would be thrown out. 2. He would be asked to play for the crowd. 3. He would be ignored.

Luckily, it ended up being the second one tonight. He'd be leaving with a band of misfits and a fat purse.

The owner led him to an other table where he began to play. Slowly strumming his lute he sang softly, looking over the crowd of.. 7 people. It wasn't going to be his night tonight, but it was better than nothing.

It wasn't the happiest song he knew, but the crowd was only half listening as far as he knew. Unlike most places, where he would have bigger crowds, he didn't bother explaining the song, or why he sang it, or what half of it meant.

"I know~ Where the stars glow~ Skies aren't cloudy..."

Though, usually when he didn't explain the song, he got in trouble. But it was only seven people.. right?

"Hear my words.. feel my curse..."

"~Hey! He's an enchanter!~"

~Damn~

bunnygirle78

The pages turn

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Wed Jul 31, 2002 10:14 pm

Serie jumped and looked up. She dropped the book and bolted into the Inn.

"Search every where!" A tall dark man shouted.

Serie slowly backed up and ducked under a near by table.

"Bard!" The man shouted. "Keep playing!" He smiled wickedly. He turned to the men behind them.

"Well don't you think you should find your dear little sister?"

Serie put her hand over her mouth and began to shake. Her mind raced as she held tight to the book in her hands.

Dragon Sage007
Property of the USMC

Unread postby Dragon Sage007 » Wed Jul 31, 2002 10:40 pm

Fortunately for Serie, Sher'Khan came in and fended off anyone who came near Serie. Sorune, however, was trying to calm down the crowd.
"People! Calm yourselves!"
"Why should we?" "He was trying to hex us!" "We oughtta kill 'im for it!" "Why're you protecting him anyway?"
"I am protecting him for justice. Are any of you hurt or addled in any way?"
"He would've hexed us if we let him!"
"Ae you so sure? Perhaps he only used his magic to make his music more emphatic."
"Maybe not! Maybe he was trying to put us all in a spell!"
"Maybe you people should think before asking a poor bard to play for a crowd. Besides, I require his help."
"AHA! So you're in on it! Get him too!"
"NO! You all are going to require his help as well. You all know of heroes right? Pre-destined ones? That are specifically chosen to fight evil? Well, I'm one, and so is he! You must let him go!"
"How do we know you're tellin the truth? You could just be tryin' to save his skin!"
"Because I am a hero. And you all are trying to kill a man for singing." The same fierceness that had risen before was coming again.
"A hex, we said! A hex!" But by now, the crowd was dying down.
"A hex that could very well just be enforcing the mood of his song. Now, how many of you liked his singing?" A shuffling of feet is heard. "I thought so. Now, leave the man alone. We will leave if you so desire, but he is not to be harmed."
"Leave! Yeah!"
"Very well. Rook, where are you anyway?"
(OOC: Well? Where are you?)

Next

Return to Gaera Main RPs