The Ebony Skull (PhilSys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
lDarkwolfl

Re: Well then....

Unread postby lDarkwolfl » Sun Jun 30, 2002 1:07 am

Darkwolf, tired from the actualized Neko Fire Drill he had just partaken in, Darkwolf started to get himself ready for the next day.

Putting his club inside his blankets, he layed in the tent he had set up and considered his day.

His eyes wandered to where one of the other people who was going along on this wild spaztic monkey hunt. Looking over at Blaze, he tightened his grip on his hard wooden bedmate.

He then fell back into the uneasy darkness of slumber.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Well then....

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Jun 30, 2002 3:08 am

Blaze gripped his rifle in one hand and drifted into sleep, back against a short, stumpy tree. He drifted halfway between consciousness and nothingness, a state he had achieved only after many years worth of practice.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Zzzz...

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:42 am

#32 sat peering into the fire for a while.
It looked like things would be heating up tomorrow, so he should probably get some rest.

The questions that had arisen over the course of his travels still puzzled him, but there was no sense in brooding over them.

Divinegon2130

Re: Zzzz...

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:39 pm

Just as the sun came up the next day, Steime slowly crawled out of his tent. The fire had died down in the night, and there were footprints leading away from the tents. Luckily, nothing was missing.

#32, and also Auxillion, had ended up sleeping near the fire, both having fallen asleep by exhaustion alone. Blaze had not been too far away, against the closest of the short trees nearby.

The others were still sleeping in the tents. Steime had no desire to wake up Ivliw too early.

Steime bent over and looked at the footprints. They were surely not his own... or those of anyone he had hired.

#32, being close enough, could hear Steime's currently-quiet voice: "Strange footprints. What creature left these? Hmmm..."

He then started to follow them. His footsteps were fairly loud... loud enough for the others to hear them.

(OOC: Okay, I'm going to make this note NOW. If I end up waiting a day when I give a character an opportunity to notice something outside of combat, then I'm going to go ahead and assume that the circumstances were ignored. When it's IN combat, I'll tell you if circumstances CAN be ignored, and, if they can't, I'll give two weeks (excluding vacations and such) before I take the action FOR them. Unless, of course, you tell me to take the action for you because you'll be away. Thank you.)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/udivinegon2130.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Divinegon2130</A]&nbsp; Image at: 7/2/02 8:22:55 pm

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Hmmm...

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:35 pm

#32 followed along behind Steime, mildly curious.
He paused briefly to examine the prints in more detail.

Divinegon2130

Re: Hmmm...

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Jul 03, 2002 3:53 pm

As #32 took a look at the footprints, he noticed that there were actually two sets. Both of them, however, were the same: both sets of footprints belonging to what could have been a deer or stag. One of the two sets seemed a bit wider than the other, however...

And Steime continued to follow them. #32 eventually came to the realization that these footprints were leading towards where his pit trap had been.

lDarkwolfl

Hmm...

Unread postby lDarkwolfl » Thu Jul 04, 2002 1:01 am

Uncaring about the animal tracks that had seemingly hypnotised other people, Darkwolf started to pack his things. Let the others worry about bird-watching.
Speaking of which...

Walking over to the still-dozing Avian, Darkwolf attempted to get him to wake.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

To the pit trap!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Jul 04, 2002 7:37 am

Or wherever the tracks might lead...

#32 followed the tracks.
If they ended in the pit trap, he'd be able to get a look at what made them.
If not, odds were he wouldn't catch whatever it was. He needed to check the trap anyway, so it was no great detour.

Divinegon2130

A foreboding sign.....

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Jul 04, 2002 8:30 am

After a while of following the tracks, Steime and #32 had reached where it led. Sure enough, it was the pit trap. Steime peered down the pit, being careful not to slip, and then cursed a little bit. "Two sets of tracks and only ONE animal there? What happened to the other?"

Meanwhile, Darkwolf had made his attempt to wake Auxillion up. Even though he DID eventually wake up, it took quite a while... and, just as HE was awakening, Ivliw crawled slowly out of the tent.

"Bigger brother's always getting up early in the morning like this. When will he learn to sleep?"

(OOC: Right, now I'm waiting for Blaze to post before I go on.)

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: A foreboding sign.....

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Jul 07, 2002 4:56 pm

Blaze shifted uncomfortably on a knot in the trunk behind him and fell to the ground, the impact of which causing his eyes to shoot open and his hand to grope for his rifle. Finding it's comfortable weight over his knees, he calmed down enough to realise he WASN'T in a life threatening situation. Picking up his pack, he stood up and hefted both gun and pack over his shoulders, patted the holster at his hip to check his pistol was still there, and then stoo there, waiting for the others to gather.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Jul 08, 2002 11:49 pm

"Well, one might have eaten the other," #32 remarked philosophically.
"So what have we caught?" he asked, peering into the pit.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:47 pm

Steime looked down into the pit again. "I can't tell what it is... some sort of deer or something." And even #32 saw that he was right. Said animal was not moving. But there was no blood in the pit. "And I don't think two animals landed there, not from what I can see."

Meanwhile, Ivliw looked at where Blaze and the others were. "C'mon, we don't have the whole day to sleep." Of course, he was hungry, so he went back into the tent in order to find his breakfast.

Auxillion went ahead and took one of the meals that he'd brought out of his pack, eating slowly.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:04 pm

"Oh, well. Should make a good meal, whatever it is," #32 said cheerfully, slinging a length of rope over a tree branch and hopping down into the pit.

It shouldn't take too long to rig up a harness for the creature and pull it out.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:33 pm

While this was going on, Steime kept his eyes fixed on the inside of the pit, watching to make sure that #32 didn't slip.

(OOC: Now, when either Blaze or Darkwolf posts, I'll go ahead. This time I'm serious.)

lDarkwolfl

Onward?

Unread postby lDarkwolfl » Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:39 pm

Having packed his things up into a bag, Darkwolf loaded up and prepared for another trek for the day.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Onward?

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Jul 12, 2002 2:58 pm

Blaze had already got everything he owned ready and waiting to leave, as he hadn't taken any of it out of his pack. Not feeling particularly hungry, he was content to wait for all of the others to finish their preparations.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Jul 12, 2002 6:48 pm

(OOC: *hits the RP's fast-forward key* I'm going to apologize to Kelne for not playing that whole scenario out, just that I need to get this moving along.)

Once all of them were finally ready, they again travelled for some time, through the place known only as the 'Forbidden Plains'. It was easy to tell that Ivliw and Steime knew the way very well... after all, they had been to the place that was to be their destination quite a few times.

As predicted, two days of travel were required. At least this time there were no threats for those same two days.

The lack of problems during those two days was not typical for the area. Usually something big would have come across their path by now. It was an unusual thing... like whatever beings were in the plains were wanting the group to go into this place.

Finally, after two days of travel, the group 'discovered' a large hole in the ground. As Ivliw's first comment upon seeing this hole indicated, this was not a true discovery.

"Well, here it is. Scaled Throat. Come on, let's go."

When Auxillion heard this, he shuddered slightly, then remembered that this was just a mercenary job, and not where he was permanently staying.

Steime looked at the others. "So who's going to be leading the way? I'M not going first, that's for certain."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Jul 12, 2002 10:36 pm

((OOC: no worries. It's a fairly self-explanatory scenario, anyway.))

"Well, I suppose I could go first," #32 said.
Pits, after all, held no fear for him.

Not pausing for an answer, the minion led the way into the depths.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Jul 12, 2002 10:59 pm

#32 found himself headed down a small stairway in order to get inside the cavern. This first area was filled with the corpses of slain adventurers from days past. Some of the corpses were still rotting, and the stench, although not nearly as bad as it could have been passed up through the cavern opening. #32, looking out of the corner of his eye, was able to spot a large wooden door near where he entered, and, almost immediately below the stairwell, there was a heavy iron door, which appeared to have something embedded in it.

Meanwhile, Ivliw headed down immediately after #32. Auxillion followed more carefully behind him.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat Jul 13, 2002 2:07 pm

Blaze followed down into the pit, viewing everything with an experienced eye, missing no visible detail.

(OOC: sorry this is so short...not much else to say.)

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:58 pm

And Blaze saw the same as #32 had, noticing a large wooden door near where he had entered, an iron door underneath the stairs, and numerous rotting corpses on the floor. None of them had any weapons or anything of value.

However, Blaze noticed a few more things at a glance. The iron door appeared to be well-made, and there was a keyhole on the right side of it. The wooden door, by contrast, was in very bad shape - which could only be told by the rusting hinges.

Meanwhile, at the surface, Steime looked at Darkwolf.

"I'm going last. You go ahead of me."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

I'll take door number 1!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Jul 15, 2002 8:47 pm

#32 wandered over to the wooden door, and reached out to open it.

Divinegon2130

Re: I'll take door number 1!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Jul 15, 2002 10:45 pm

#32 found nothing wrong with the door - even after grabbing the door to open it. The door, however, didn't seem to budge initially.

A quick yank on #32's part brought the door open, however, revealing a wall in front and to the left. The right side of the next area appeared stretched out for some distance, with two gaps in the walls at about the middle of the corridor, and two gaps at the other end.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:30 am

'Stay there, 32.' Blaze took the last steps down into the chamber in a controlled jump. 'We don't know what's down there. It might be dangerous, and we should be prepared. Most importantly, we shouldn't split up. We have strength in numbers.

lDarkwolfl

Unread postby lDarkwolfl » Wed Jul 17, 2002 3:55 pm

(OOC: I'd geuss It'd be too much to ask for Graph paper, would it?)

Darkwolf, looking at the "Rear Gaurd", noted that the merchant knew little about this place.

"Blaze." Dee-Dub muttered in a low voice that carried within the stone walls. "How about I take the point?" he asked, knowing that his heightened sense would be an advantage in the clammy cavern.

(Also, Darkwolf will have sniffed the air to check for anything wonky and such)

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Jul 17, 2002 4:20 pm

'You'll get no complaints from me.' Blaze replied, shifting to let the man through. 'Before we set off through that door, though, I'd like to hear anything our employers might have to say about this place.'

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Jul 17, 2002 4:56 pm

Steime unsteadily followed after Darkwolf. Meanwhile, Darkwolf's nose didn't smell anything that the others hadn't smelled already, though the stench of the dead was more powerful to him. The corridor, likewise, was no different to him than it was to #32.

At this time, Ivliw replied to Blaze, "There's a few nasty traps in this place. They don't like people looking for the treasure." He paused, then added, "I think there's falling rocks somewhere in this place, and a few pits as well. But that's all I remember from the last time I was here. The people that died in this room were the remains of adventuring groups before us."

Steime was much more blunt about his description of the place. "Like the younger brother said... except there's undead here as well."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Jul 17, 2002 4:58 pm

'Undead, eh? Like zombies and such?'

Blaze grinned widely like a cheshire cat.

'I haven't used my spells in a while.....'

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Jul 17, 2002 5:03 pm

Steime simply answered, "Yes, similar to that. But there's worse ones. From the last time I remember, there's a type of zombie that can paralyze those it touches, however temporary, and skeletons that have magic abilities. That's about all I've seen, but don't be surprised if there's worse down here."

lDarkwolfl

Unread postby lDarkwolfl » Wed Jul 17, 2002 5:57 pm

Darkwolf very easily avoided the urge to jump up and down and yell 'Yippie!' at the top of his range and projection.

Already having his weapon ready, he nervously twirled it as he realised that he had just volunteered to be point. owever, his desitions of the path would be mostly unquestioned, which was always good when dealing with an anti-authoritian like Blaze.

"Alright, lets scout down this hallway," DW indicated the wooden door, "And then we'll back up and check out the iron door."

With that said, he started to move foreward, checking each step with his sharp eyes and long stick for hidden dangers that he knew would be ahead.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Jul 17, 2002 6:23 pm

Darkwolf slowly moved through the corridor, checking for hidden dangers. However, there was nothing worth noting in the area.

Once he got to the middle of the corridor, he noticed that there were two other passageways branching off at that point. A quick observation of the two passageways revealed that the left one led to a door, and the right one led to an open room.

Nothing seemed wrong with choosing either corridor. Though there were two other passageways further down......

(OOC: Decisions, decisions.)

lDarkwolfl

Dungeon-Crawl 101;

Unread postby lDarkwolfl » Wed Jul 17, 2002 6:33 pm

If the Iron door was to the left of the Wooden door, Darkwolf goes right. If the Iron door was to the right of the Wooden door, Darkwolf goes left.

Reasoning, by ASCII example:

I iron door
W wooden door
-- or | wall
[ ] or . space
...|..|...| |
---. .---. |
---. .---. |
....|.|...|.|
...|W|...Image |

as you can see, the hallway to the right is towards the wooden door, which we would eventually naviagate, so either loops itself back into the Iron door or is a dead end.

Divinegon2130

Re: Dungeon-Crawl 101;

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Jul 17, 2002 6:56 pm

(OOC: May want to put that ASCII bit in parentheses or put OOC before it next time you do it, as a note.

And the iron door was underneath the staircase in the first room (sort of "special passage"-like), so what would your direction end up? I'm confused.

Also, the door is in the wrong position on that little ASCII map. The way I described it, it should have been on the upper part. It was Darkie's left I referred to.

The path Darkie has travelled so far is something like this, using Darkwolf's symbols, having the lowercase 'w' represent the old door, and having the 'D' represent where Darkie is now:

............|W|........|..|
|--------|..|------|..|
|.............D.............|
|w|-----|..|-----|....|
|..|-----|..|-----|....|

Thank you for this small lesson.)

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Jul 17, 2002 9:38 pm

((32 attempts to read DW's map.
32 gets lost))

Having relinquished the lead position, #32 followed along behind DW.

The minion didn't like zombies.
One of the creatures had eaten #18's brains, despite the Boss's assertion that the minions didn't have brains, and therefore had nothing to worry about.
Later, he had tried to explain the concept of sarcasm to #32.

Now, he was descending into a realm of zombies and other undead fiends.
Well, this was a pit. Home turf.
He gripped the shovel tighter. Bring on the zombies.

lDarkwolfl

Unread postby lDarkwolfl » Wed Jul 17, 2002 11:30 pm

[OOC: sorry, so wrapped up in the ASCII that I forgot to put it in brackets, much apologies. I was making the assumption that they were side-by-side, door number one, two, or three style. Now that that little bit of confuzling is finished, hopefully...]

Darkwolf, without the normal easy method of determining direction, decided to follow plan B; always follow the right wall.

Dragging his hand across the wall's surface, he turned the corner and started to head towards the hall opposite the door.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:42 am

(*looks at the ASCII maps. Tries to decipher the ASCII maps. Gives up on the ASCII maps.*)

Blaze shook his head slowly. He would have chosen to carry on along this passage for as long as it would go. But he has agreed to let Darkwolf take point, and would keep his reservations to himself - for now.

He began falling back from Darkwolf and #32 - it was clear to any that noticed that it wasn't a conscious choice, but merely his survival instincts kicking in when his brain would not.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:25 pm

As Darkwolf passed into the room, nothing seemed to happen.

But the moment #32 entered the room with him, the halls echoed with a slamming noise. Behind #32 and Darkwolf, a portcullis had trapped them in the room.

To the left of the entrance was a large wooden chest. The wood looked new, but the metal binding the chest appeared rusted.

On the wall opposite the entrance, three levers, each in the 'up' position and arranged horizontally, could be clearly seen. There was something messily written in red in the area around the levers. #32 couldn't comprehend its meaning, but Darkwolf could tell several things: there was a smell of blood in the room; the numbers 3, 4, and 5 were above the levers; and the words "fortune seeker" were scrawled above the levers.

What anyone who looked into the room could see was a massive amount of crushed bones. Overall, the appearance of the room did not look pretty.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jul 23, 2002 12:33 am

Trapped!
#32 frantically checked around the room for an exit, but saw none.
Somehow, the piles of bones scattered about were not encouraging.

His attention was drawn to the levers on the wall.
Better leave those alone...
In his experience, levers tended to drop people in pits.
Or drop large rocks on them...
Or throw them to the crocodiles...
Or summon dark powers from the dawn of time...

The chest, on the other hand, looked interesting.
Might as well see what's in it.

So thinking, the minion ambled over and opened the chest.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:37 pm

The chest wouldn't budge at first, but after putting a little force behind the lifting, #32 was able to open the chest.

The chest was almost overloaded with pieces of gold, some of it spilling out of the chest almost as soon as #32 opened it.

lDarkwolfl

Unread postby lDarkwolfl » Fri Jul 26, 2002 4:24 pm

Darkwolf didn't like being trapped. Reminded him of bad things.

He first tried to look at the levers, inspecting them a little more closely before he heard the dull 'thunk' of a chest opening. Turning his head, he saw the mass of gold.

"ohmygoddon'ttouchitdon'ttouchitdon'teventhinkaboutit!" Darkwolf was actively holding back the minion, who wasn't really putting up much of an effort.

"This could be bad." Darkwolf said in a meaningful tone as he took out a short pole from his bag. Using the pole like a hockey stick, he attempted to slide one of the coins on the ground towards him so that he could further inspect them.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs