The Ebony Skull (PhilSys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Auxillion

wow

Unread postby Auxillion » Mon May 27, 2002 9:17 pm

(How'd you know i wanted too join? My sheet should be up soon, so don't worry.)

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Dr subtlety rides again!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue May 28, 2002 6:09 am

#32 wandered around the town, talking to everyone twice (just in case they said something different the second time).

Some time later, he met up with Darkwolf again.

It was at this point that he realised he'd forgotten to write any of the information he'd gathered down...

Divinegon2130

Re: Dr subtlety rides again!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed May 29, 2002 10:23 pm

(OOC: I've had to think about this next bit for some time. Anyway, I'll give Auxillion some time to write his entry, since it's apparent to me that he wants to be in this. But I'll note that Ivliw and Steime are at the door to the inn right now, just waiting there for everyone.)

Darkwolf was able to find these items relatively easy. One of the two places where items could be bought was at the inn itself. But this is not where Darkie had bought them.

He had the sense to go across the main dirt road in the town and find the place in town with cheaper prices on the items he was looking for.

And they happened to have all of those items.

The rope happened to be the most expensive of the items, but not by much. However, when all the items were taken into account, this cost all the money that he had recently acquired.

Eventually, he came across #32. #32 had went around and asked as much as he could, even talking to people twice. The key pieces of information he had acquired were that: First, the cavern they would have to go to (which Steime had mentioned earlier) was not that far into the Forbidden Plains... only about a three-day's journey, in fact. Second, the main concern in the cavern was the amount of undead creatures around, though there were a few living creatures that were equally nasty.

(OOC: Let's see... the lantern itself is about 50 gold pieces, plus 50 more for the oil... 40 for each bundle of rope... a total of 120 for the rations... and 20 for each potion. That leaves 0 gold pieces left for Darkie currently... but now he has the lantern, oil, rope, iron rations, and 3 light healing potions. For the rest of you, assume that your characters don't know the costs... I just had to explain this to Darkie.)

Auxillion

I suck...

Unread postby Auxillion » Wed May 29, 2002 10:47 pm

Auxillion came rushing into the town, pushing townsfolk out of the and yelling a meaningless "Sorry!" along the way. He knew there was mercenary work too be done in this town. And he was flat broke.

If i don't find the employer soon, there bound to leave. And i need this money...

Aux continued running untill he skidded too a halt in front of
an inn.

Well, good as any a place too start.

With that he oppened the door and walked inside.

(Auxillion's f***ed up sheet. Yes, this is the inn with steime and ivlim (Did i spell that right?) are in.)

Edited by: Auxillion at: 5/31/02 3:00:21 am

Divinegon2130

Not that bad, really...

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu May 30, 2002 9:35 pm

Auxillion walked inside to find two men right in front of the door. One of them, the one that had black hair, tapped the other, who had brown hair, on the shoulder.

"Do you think we can handle another, Steime?"
"Another...?"
"Try looking to your left."

And Steime, the one with brown hair, turned to his left... to see Auxillion there. He was a little surprised - he hadn't seen a birdman before. Especially one that he suspected had come for a mercenary job. But unusual jobs brought unusual mercenaries, he silently admitted.

"Came for the job? You're just in time. We're just waiting for the others who came sooner. If you're up for it, I'll describe most of the job as we go, and give the basics now."

Auxillion

Look, don't stop my self hate ok?

Unread postby Auxillion » Thu May 30, 2002 10:49 pm

Panting, Auxillion replied too the brown-haired one "Yes. I want the job. As long as it pays enough..."

lDarkwolfl

Aw don't worry, we'll hate you enough by ourselves..

Unread postby lDarkwolfl » Fri May 31, 2002 12:02 am

Darkwolf looked down at the sack he held in his hands. He was hoping that he would have gotten a better deal for the food, but he geussed that with the way the world was now, what with the hordes of monsters attacking you every tenth step or so, that farming wouldn't be exactly the greatest business to get into...

Whatever. He didn't really have enough to get there and back, what it being a 6-day round trip. Hopefully the others planned ahead slightly like he did and kept food with them. Worst comes to worst they could try hunting in the countryside...

Coming up to the inn where the two were talking to a 'mouse-eater' or a birdman, the former a vulger term he learned from the streets earlier in his life. He geussed that, with the way his clothes looked and the way he carried himself, he was a warrior of types.

Looking into his own pack, he counted the foods he had carried with him. Three days... no wait, two and a half- he had been hungry- days worth of food. Maybe feather-boy ate like his anthomorphic basis and they could get away with shorting him a day or two.

Man, he thought, did he come up short for this job.

"Hej people." he looked into the birdman's eyes, feeling the unhuman-like stare lock onto his own piercing gaze, as he spoke. "Are you.." he felt a small twinge of shame within the other man/thing, "Here for the opertunity?"

His thoughts creeping to the back of the head, he wondered if birdmen slept in trees or if they would have skip using the tent...

Divinegon2130

Re: Aw don't worry, we'll hate you enough by ourselves..

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri May 31, 2002 10:48 pm

Steime responded to Auxillion. "Okay, here's the deal. We go to the Forbidden Plains south of here. We find the artifact we're trying to get for the keeper of this inn. Then we come back with it. Does 1500 gold pieces sound like enough for the job?"

He was being concise, so that the details could be described later.

Auxillion

Thanks.

Unread postby Auxillion » Fri May 31, 2002 11:09 pm

"1500, 1500... Yes i guess so. As long as i get a tent and my fair share of any treasure we find, minus of course the artifact you are looking for."

Hope it's not a suicide mission

lDarkwolfl

Re: Thanks.

Unread postby lDarkwolfl » Sun Jun 02, 2002 1:58 am

"Some of that is up-front, right?" asked Darkwolf.

"Anyway, we can talk shares after we get to the rest of the group, ..."

There was a pause where the new warrior could add in his name.

Divinegon2130

Re: Thanks.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Jun 06, 2002 10:00 pm

Steime took a look at Darkie, then remembered something.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot. There's also 400 extra up front, just like the others on this job got."

Steime took out the extra coins, and, holding them in his left palm, outstretched his left arm towards Auxillion.

"Some supplies can be bought there," Steime also remarked, pointing farther in, towards the nearer corner on the opposite side of the inn.

Auxillion

Wee... Shopping spree! ^_^

Unread postby Auxillion » Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:51 pm

"Thank you. By the way, my name is Auxillion. Call me "Mouse-eater" and you'll end up in the place the last person that called me that is, the cemetary."

With that he walked out of the inn and into the shop, that seemed too have a little bit of everything.

He reviewed his shopping list:

1)A torch and a box of matches.
2)A small measure of gunpowder with proper packageing.
3)Meals for at least 4 days.
4)Vial of healing potion, multiple if affordable.
5)Small stepping spikes for laying traps. (If affordable)

(OOC: "Stepping Spikes" are old tools that have spikes jutting out of them in such a way that no matter how you throw them they land with at least one spike facing straight up. As there name suggests, stepping on one's gonna hurt a lot. Oh, and a question Divenegon, will we be using hexboards?)

lDarkwolfl

mkay, ...

Unread postby lDarkwolfl » Fri Jun 07, 2002 12:59 am

Darkwolf raised a questioning eyebrow. Had he accidentally sent his thoughts? Was the bird-man a mind-reader? Was he just thinking too loud? Funny, he didn't remember saying anything about it...

The winged one turned away as he thought this, and he jogged slightly to catch up as it(IM:he?) pushed the door open.

"Well, if it isn't another member. Luckily, it isn't just two of us. Here's our compatriate and former ditch-digger..."

He looked at #32

"You don't have anything better?"

#32 shook his head.

"Okay, this is #32. We belive that there might be another person.. a stuck-up powder-boy, y'kno? Anyway, he may or may not be going along."

He lifted his arm, indicating the sack of items for the group.

"We've got some provisions, but I don't know if you want to pitch in or not.."

Darkwolf looked at the other two, seeing if they would donate more to the cause.

Auxillion

Re: mkay, ...

Unread postby Auxillion » Fri Jun 07, 2002 1:13 am

Auxillion smirked as he put the gunpowder in his hands. Darkwolf was obviously disturbded when Auxillion had "read his mind.". In truth, auxillion was not a mind reader. He was face reader. Darkwolf was the kinda guy that would give a rude term too something he didn't understand. And because Auxillion was a birdman, he was called a mouse-eater by drunk and disorderly humans more than his fair shair of times. But he had also been called by the name from cocky adventurers and even a priest. He lost it once, killing a bar patron. They kicked him out of the town because of that. Damn humans feared what they didn't understand. And fear led too anger. Anger too hate. Hate too violence. Violence too deaths...

He shook his head as he brought his purchases too the counter. "How much is this gonna cost?"

(Yes, he. Though it's hard too tell for non-birdmen)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/uauxillion.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Auxillion</A] at: 6/7/02 5:15:18 am

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Provisions...

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Jun 07, 2002 3:10 am

"Let's see... I've got some flatbread."
#32 pulled out a somewhat battered-looking loaf of bread.
It wasn't actually particularly flat, it was more along the lines of what you got when you hit a loaf of bread with a hammer several times, this being the best idea 32 had on how to make flatbread.
"Got some roast chicken, too. And a few eggs. But I figure it's easiest to just trap dinner."
#32 patted his shovel.
By and large, pit traps worked quite well for catching dinner, although there had been a bit of trouble that time he'd caught an irate farmer...

lDarkwolfl

great...

Unread postby lDarkwolfl » Fri Jun 07, 2002 10:17 pm

"It's always good to have a trapper. And I'm sure your flat bread will be..."

(Thrown away? Gagged on? Used as a blunt weapon?)

"Appreciated. Anyway, I think that you should use the coin-age you have. Maybe some equiptment I haven't already gotten."

Divinegon2130

Re: great...

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Jun 07, 2002 10:34 pm

(OOC: Auxillion, I may HAVE to use hexboards, what with the complexity of the maps I made. Also, I think I know these "stepping spikes" you speak of... but I often call them "caltrops". Fair enough?)

The shopkeeper smiled, seeing that Auxillion had found all that he was apparently looking for. "That will cost... hmmm... 400."

(OOC: Okay, here's the assessment for what Auxillion has acquired. The gunpowder, the torch and matches, meals for 4 days (the most expensive thing, it turns out), 2 vials of healing potion, and enough stepping spikes to cover about a 3-foot (close to 1 meter) square area. The "stepping spikes" were sold in a box, packaged to take up as little space as possible.)

Auxillion

Unread postby Auxillion » Sat Jun 08, 2002 2:28 am

Auxillion observed his purchases. The gunpowder was in good order, the food was fresh (As fresh as portable food got) and the potions seemed fine. That left the caltrops. He took one out of the case and examined it closely. It was sharp and pointed well. Auxillion carefully put the spike back in the box. "I'll take it all. G'bye."

(Yeah well, i forgot what they where called so i just called them "Stepping spikes", as they are spikes and you step on them. I hope there's something too blow up...)

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:55 pm

"Well then, let's be off!" #32 said cheerfully.
"Northwards!" he cried, pointing dramatically before promptly heading south.

lDarkwolfl

Er...

Unread postby lDarkwolfl » Wed Jun 12, 2002 12:03 pm

Darkwolf stepped foreward and started to catch up. "You sure you don't want to buy some of your own supplies?"

Divinegon2130

Re: Er...

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Jun 18, 2002 9:49 pm

(OOC: I think Blaze is back, so I can really get this part going. Apologies for the fast-forward... and also for any character control that may be in this post, as I'm just trying to get the story started in earnest.)

As the adventurers gathered their supplies and started off, Ivliw and Steime gathered their belongings as well. Within a few minutes, everyone (even Blaze, who had been seated in the inn the last time I recall) was ready to go.

It was at this point that they set off... and as the sun was starting to dip below the horizon, they had reached the 'beginning' edge of the 'Forbidden Plains' that Steime had spoken of.

"Well, this looks like a good place to stop for today," Ivliw stated to Steime.

"....I guess," Steime responded, as the two of them took off their packs. Ivliw set his next to a nearby tree, and began looking through it for something.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Money, Tickets, Passport! ;)

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jun 18, 2002 10:15 pm

#32 nodded cheerfully, depositing his gear near Ivliw and Steine, before shouldering his shovel and heading off to dig a pit trap to catch their dinner.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Money, Tickets, Passport! ;)

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:53 pm

Blaze sat down by a nearby tree and pulled off his pack, yawning - though his eyes still appeared very much alert. Putting it down beside him, he also took his rifle from it's place slung across his back and laid it down beside him.

'There monsters out here?'

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:59 pm

As soon as Blaze finished that thought, Ivliw, not having had a chance to sit down, turned to the group (except #32, who was off readying the pit trap) and put a finger to his lips, motioning for silence.

Most of the group couldn't hear anything, but Darkwolf heard what Ivliw was trying to make out - a quiet rustling coming from the foliage farther away. It was very hard to hear, even for Darkwolf, but it was still noise, and that meant something was around.

No one else, however, heard anything.

(OOC: Maybe I should go prepare the hexboard.)

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:21 pm

Blaze's eyebrow rose as he frowned.

What the...? I guess he must've heard something...

Blaze's hand slowly grasped his rifle and he raised it to shoulder height.

lDarkwolfl

Goodie..

Unread postby lDarkwolfl » Thu Jun 20, 2002 2:11 am

Reaching for his weapon, he clenched his toes, preparing for what he geussed would be an unenjoyable half-hour.

His mind was a steel trap as he prepared both physically and mentally. Psykers, as some people like he termed them, weren't ment for the battle fields that some others enjoyed.

Crouching low, he started to stalk slowly towards the bushes, motioning for his fellows to follow.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Jun 22, 2002 7:44 am

By now, #32 had managed to dig a substantial pit, and was in the process of covering it over with foliage.

((ooc: bump!))

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Jun 22, 2002 9:34 am

(OOC: Kelne, I'm waiting to see if Auxillion's going to show up again. He has two days to get in here and post, or I will take control of his character until he gets back.)

As Darkwolf started to stalk around, the entire group heard something growling behind them. It seemed to be just the growling of a wolf. A strange thought, too, since it was nearly nighttime.

Then Darkwolf, looking through a few trees, saw what was making all the ruckus.

It WAS a wolf, it turned out. The wolf looked a little thin for his size, and his mouth was drenched in his own saliva. Just looking at the wolf would be enough for someone to tell that it intended to eat the adventurers. Not even the fact that there was an entire group deterred its thinking.

(Combat has begun.
Initiative order is Ivliw, Auxillion, Feral Wolf, Blaze, Darkwolf, Steime. #32 is quite a bit farther away from the battle, and it would take a round for him to get back.
Also, there's a hexboard to go with this. Sorry about the bad quality - I'm just getting used to the hexboards, and trying to be simple. And most of the foliage doesn't impede movement - I just put down what DID. Also, where #32 would end up should he head back to the group is on that hexboard.)

Ivliw looked around for a while, then, upon seeing the beast, he took several steps back, to make sure his allies took the brunt of the attack for him.

(Ivliw delays his action. Auxillion's turn.)

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:01 pm

(OOC: Since Auxillion doesn't seem to be here, I am going to take temporary control of him in the interest of keeping this RP going. Sorry if I end up a bit OOC, but at this rate, Auxillion won't be here for at least one more week, and if I DON'T take control, this RP will die. I'm a hasty little GM... Image:"> )

Auxillion saw a chance to strike the wolf down. He ran between a couple nearby trees at the wolf, his falchion drawn. The wolf, in an attempt to dodge Auxillion's sudden and fast attack, made a horrible mistake, twisting his VULNERABLE half towards the birdman.

Auxillion's falchion then went to work, and sliced deep into the wolf's shoulder region, causing the thing to whine...

(Auxillion slashes with his falchion and deals 35 damage, a critical hit. The wolf suffers a -3/-3 AT/PA penalty as a result of being badly wounded.)

The wolf wasn't quite out of it, however. It coiled back and lunged at Auxillion, but the birdman was able to get out of its way by ducking below the wolf.

(Feral Wolf tries to bite Auxillion and misses.

Blaze's turn, and hexboard updated.)

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Jun 24, 2002 12:38 am

#32 was just starting back towards the main group, pit trap complete, when he heard the sound of combat.
He broke into a run.
Anything which would attack the entire group would surely be dangerous.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jun 24, 2002 12:19 pm

Collecting his thoughts and seeking the calm within, Blaze raised his rifle in rock steady hands, levelling the barrel with the creature's head.

In his mind's eye, time slowed. He had all the time in the world to make his kill.

He pulled the trigger.

(OOC: I assume You're making all the rolls, etc.?)

Divinegon2130

Oooh... that's gonna leave a mark.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Jun 24, 2002 12:36 pm

(OOC: Yes, Blaze, I'm doing all the rolls.)

And, as Blaze pulled the trigger, the bullet came speeding out of the barrel. The wolf stayed where it was as the rifle bullet screamed through the air.

Auxillion was not in the path of the bullet, and it struck home - perhaps a bit TOO well, coming through the wolf's head completely. The wolf, not having a chance to utter a last cry of pain, slumped to the ground.

(Blaze deals a critical hit. The instant kill roll was a success, and even if it wasn't, the shot would have dealt 76 damage, which would be MORE than enough to kill it. FAR MORE.

All combatants (everyone except #32, and that's only because he got back too late) receive 100 XP, except for Auxillion and Blaze, who each get 150 XP instead. Both got critical hits, if you remember.)

#32 got back to the group, but the wolf was already dead by the time they got there.

Steime muttered, "Didn't know he was that good of a shot."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

The word is "Ouchie".

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jun 24, 2002 12:55 pm

(Hell, I didn't know Blaze was that good of a shot! :þ 150 experience wai!)

Blaze lowered his still smoking rifle and looked at the wolf's corpse.

'Overkill.' He muttered, before slinging his rifle back over his shoulder and heading back to their camp.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Truly the inept minion of the wolf world...

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:47 pm

#32 looked at the corpse for a moment, feeling an inexplicable sense of kinship.
Then he shrugged, abandoning the line of thought.
He too headed for the campsite, keeping an ear open for the tell-tale crash that would signal the arrival of dinner.

lDarkwolfl

Well then....

Unread postby lDarkwolfl » Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:29 pm

"So..." Darkwolf muttered, looking down at what some others in his place would have called kinfolk.

"Okay, now that that is done with," he said as he put away his weapon, "Shall we get to making camp?"

Looking around, he started to make the tent in the highest ground.

Divinegon2130

Re: Well then....

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Jun 26, 2002 11:51 am

Steime listened to Darkwolf. He said, "Yes... let's make camp here, and hope nothing else comes in the middle of the night." He started to prepare his tent, on a lower spot.

Ivliw, however, was too exhausted to say anything. He went towards the tree that was closest to the wolf that had just been slain, and sat down, his back to that tree.

Auxillion did the same, except taking the side of the tree opposite Ivliw. He'd actually done some of the work in taking the thing out, and now he attempted to clean his blade of the blood that had been drawn.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Jun 26, 2002 9:59 pm

#32 took up the task of gathering firewood, collecting deadfall from within the forest, and returning once he'd collected a decent amount.

Since the dawn of time, people had been using fire to drive back the darkness.
Also since the dawn of time, people had been accidentally setting themselves on fire.

Blissfully unaware of the smoke rising from his sleeve, #32 fed more wood onto the fire...

lDarkwolfl

What the...!

Unread postby lDarkwolfl » Wed Jun 26, 2002 10:56 pm

Darkwolf started to attempt to get the fire out.

Sadly, this didn't seem to be working.

"Stop, Drop, Roll!" he yelled to the minion.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Aieee!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Jun 27, 2002 12:00 am

#32 promptly rolled through the fire, setting further parts of himself on fire.

Eventually, the situation was resolved, with a scorched minion taking a place a good distance from the fire.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:33 pm

Ivliw, turning to see what was going on, managed to hold back a laugh. He didn't quite understand what was so funny, but it just seemed humorous that #32 had accidentally set himself on fire.

By now, Steime had finished putting up his tent, and motioned to Ivliw. Ivliw simply went over to the tent, and went inside. Steime followed after him, saying, "We may as well get some sleep. Who knows what our travels will be like tomorrow."

(OOC: I'll give you all one or two more posts before I move on to the next day.)

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs