The Ebony Skull (PhilSys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Divinegon2130

Re: Dungeon-Crawl 101;

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Jul 28, 2002 11:38 am

When Darkwolf looked at the levers, he saw that they were slightly rusted, but they could probably still be moved with a little effort.

After a few tries, Darkwolf managed to slide the coin across the rough floor. Getting a closer look, he saw that the coin was in fair shape, though it had a few dents in several places. Nothing was stamped on it at all.

Meanwhile, #32 noticed that something else besides the gold was gleaming inside the treasure chest as well.

Also, Ivliw, Auxillion, and Steime, in that order, had followed Blaze out of the 'entry' room.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Shiny...

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Jul 28, 2002 7:34 pm

No! Must resist shiny thing!
But the gold had been harmless enough...

In the end, he decided to emulate Darkwolf, who was peering closely at the gold without touching it.
Leaning closer, #32 got a good look at the mysterious object.

Divinegon2130

Re: Shiny...

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Jul 31, 2002 9:23 pm

#32, peering at the shiny object, managed to distinguish it as the hilt of some sort of strange weapon. Judging by the looks of the hilt alone, it was probably a sword of some sort.

Then Ivliw yelled out, "You guys trapped in there?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Aug 01, 2002 2:23 am

How dangerous could it be?
It was treasure, after all, and in his vision of the world, nobody booby-trapped treasure.
Everything around it, certainly, but not the treasure itself.
That would be cheating.
Of course, the Boss had always said that rules were for other people, but that was OK, because #32 was dealing with other people.

Throwing caution to the wind, he reached out for the hilt, grabbed it, and pulled it out of the chest.

"You guys trapped in there?"

"Yep!" #32 responded cheerfully.
His high spirits were dampened by the memory of the levers.
Levers never boded well...

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Aug 05, 2002 9:04 pm

As #32 pulled the hilt out of the chest, he realized that he had removed a longsword from the pile of treasure.

Said longsword seemed fairly well-made, with only a slight chip at about the middle of the blade as a reminder that it had been used in the past.

Meanwhile, Ivliw, upon hearing that two of the "mercenaries" were trapped, yelled something else in return.

"The people that get trapped there sometimes write strange things on the wall. Do you see anything written on the wall?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:11 pm

((Edit: Right, must've been thinking of something else. Pay no attention to my mad ravings.))

"Yeah, there's some writing above some levers." DW had noticed the writing earlier in passing, and now seemed the time to investigate further.

#32 wouldn't be much help, he seemed engrossed in examining a sword. Who knew where he'd gotten it from -

"Didn' I tell yeh not to touch anything?!"

"You said not to touch the gold."

"I meant anythin' at all. What if it'd been coated in poison?"

"Aw, come on, Darkwolf, who'd booby-trap treasure?"

"Yeh mean aside from any number o' secret cults, mad priests, an' paranoid merchants?"

Throwing up his hands in disgust, DW turned to examine the writing above the levers.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/ukelne.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Kelne</A]&nbsp; Image at: 8/6/02 11:28:46 pm

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Aug 06, 2002 8:31 am

(OOC: Has Blaze said anything recently about being away? If so, this can go on hold. If not, it's going ahead.)

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:01 am

((*bump*))

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Aug 17, 2002 11:24 am

(Well, since I know where Blaze is, I'm going to have to eventually ask how his character would act. Until then, I'll just go with what's happening NOW.)

Ivliw's next reaction was swift. "Tell me what's written. I may be able to figure it out."

Darkwolf, meanwhile, took a closer look at the writing. There were still the numbers 3, 4, and 5 written above the levers (from left to right), but the clue above them was a little more easily understood. "One is fortune, one is the seeker, and one is the hunter. Two of them brought together is truth. These two must be sought."

Meanwhile, #32 noticed, with a glance, that there wasn't anything coating the longsword in any manner.

(Edit - *bump* Kelne, maybe one of us could talk to Blaze and ask him what he would post, so that we can do it for him?)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/udivinegon2130.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Divinegon2130</A]&nbsp; Image at: 8/22/02 2:51:19 am

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:48 am

((Well, it'll have to be you, since I don't know how to get in touch with him.))

DW relayed the writing to the others, pondering the meaning of the clues. It looked like one of those annoying riddles which was only obvious if you already knew the answer.
Hopefully one of the others would, because random guesswork would only get them killed.
Fortune, he thought suddenly. The gold strewn about the chest was certainly that. Perhaps the contents of the chest would provide further clues...

#32, meanwhile, had stuck the sword in his belt, and was prodding the ground around the doorway.
Levers, in his experience, brought nothing but trouble. Perhaps he could dig his way out...

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Aug 27, 2002 1:18 am

(I'm fairly certain he can be contacted over AIM. That is, if you ever notice him. I forgot to mention it to him today, but I shall do so ASAP.)

Darkwolf eyed the sword that #32 had discovered. On that sword, he noticed some markings on the hilt, but couldn't tell what they were.

Then, his attention turned to something etched on the underside of the 'lid' of the treasure chest. Though the appearance may have been familiar, he couldn't decipher those etchings either.

Meanwhile, #32 noticed fairly quickly that the floor was too hard to dig through. It was a stone floor, with very few cracks that a shovel could get into... and even those seemed impossible to dig into.

And Ivliw, upon hearing the riddle, replied, "Hang on. I think someone told me this riddle once..." Steime refused to say anything.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Aug 30, 2002 4:08 am

Right. No escape via the door. Probably none by the walls either. That left the levers. Well, might as well get it over with.

"Say, 32, could yeh give me a look at -" Darkwolf barely managed to catch the minion before he could pull a lever.
"Let's save th' random guessin' till later." when we're desperate, he thought.

#32 nodded. After a bief period of discussion, Darkwolf studied the writing on the sword while #32 rummaged through the chest in search of anything else that might be contained within.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:02 pm

Darkwolf, looking closer at the sword, noticed that the runes formed some sort of vague shape. Studying the shape, it appeared to be that of a "7" etched into the hilt. Maybe it was a clue to those levers....

Meanwhile, #32, rummaging through the treasure, noticed something that wasn't metal near the bottom. Well, other than the inside of the chest itself, anyway. It appeared to be a pair of thick leather bracers with a design cut into them...

(OOC Edit: Come on, don't let this RP die, people!)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/udivinegon2130.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Divinegon2130</A]&nbsp; Image at: 9/12/02 8:05:34 pm

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Sep 12, 2002 4:16 pm

Blaze leaned back against the passage wall. He wasn't trying to work out the puzzle - he reasoned he had no decent chance of getting it right. Instead he occupied his time putting on expressions of thoughtfulness.

Auxillion

Unread postby Auxillion » Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:03 am

(OOC:Is, is this RP dead? If not i'd like to re-join.)

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:07 am

(OOC: I'm sorry, Auxillion, but this RP DID die. Because a second person (Darkwolf) left as well, and I felt I could not continue with only two people.)

Auxillion

Unread postby Auxillion » Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:51 am

Ah well... Maybe next time...

Previous

Return to Gaera Main RPs