Howling at the Moon (revived...finally)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
pd Rydia

Howling at the Moon (revived...finally)

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed May 15, 2002 4:16 pm

(Well, come on then... http://www.greatdave.org:7777/rpgww/RP/board/howlingatthemoon_01.htm =P Can't let Diikoi's intro RP to die! Oh yeah, intro for some other chars, too. <_<;; )

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Re: Howling at the Moon (revived...finally)

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu May 16, 2002 12:35 am

(OOC: Image YAY!)

**Last time, in 'Howling at the Moon'...**

Leth twitched. He shook his head twice and gave a fanged growl towards the darkness, his ears pressed against his head and the fur on his back raised to show hostility. "He's near. I can smell his stench of filth." He opened a palm and charged up a blue orb of energy, with particles spinning around it, preparing for his approach.

"Get ready guys." He cast another barrier around the group, to ensure that it did not wear off in the time it took them to fight off the golems.

O.o;;; "...I..I..I'm ready..." Jonas stammered, holding the handle of his axe tight. His ears and tail dropped slightly, reflecting the nervousness running through his mind.

<.<;;; ...what sort of scary creature smells like this...? Jonas thought as they waited for their adversary to appear...

Edited by: FF Fanatic 80&nbsp; Image at: 5/16/02 4:36:37 am

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu May 16, 2002 3:09 pm

I can't smell anything, Diikoi thought, looking from Leth to Jonas and down the passageway. Whatever it is...they're ready to fight...I should get ready, too... She took a deep breath and hoisted her bell, looking around wide-eyed and nervously. I haven't been in any caves since I last left Isil...I wonder if I'll ever go back...

(OOC: btw...Folx is gone, so some char control is probably necessary on your part, RF. -_-() You can do it. Don't want this to die...)

RebelKitsune

Swords, Bats, Thoughts and Tension.

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Sat May 18, 2002 8:15 am

(Ok Dia, thanks for reviving it for me. Let's get it started with some good stuff.)

Leth took a deep breath, and the blue orb in his hand flashed brighter for a moment. It changed its shape and came to resemble a large broadsword. It still glowed slightly blue, with the root of the blade boasting an intricate pattern of metal, gems and sparkling details, which held onto Leth's hand firmly, looking as though it was actually part of his body. the sword stuck out from his wrist, parallel to his hand, without a handle, facing out towards the ground. The sudden glimmer of the blade woke a single bat, which soon set the whole ceiling of the cave a-flutter, as the bats flew out the cave to avoid danger.

Leth ignored the bats. "Ok..." -.- He proceeded to scan all the party members' thoughts, to make sure that nobody was doing this favor, against their own free will, and that nobody was feeling uneasy about all this that was happening.

His tail twitched uneasily, while his thoughts created a conflict within his conscience. One side of him desperately wanted the others to help him, and the other side wanting them to think twice about their decision. He suddenly felt uncomfortably queasy as the tension got the best of him...

(proceed to say what the characters are feeling at the moment, emotions and thoughts about what is happening at the moment, and whether they want to go on with the journey or not.)

pd Rydia

Diikoi's head: *space for rent*

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat May 18, 2002 1:16 pm

Wow...it's weird having to wait like this... Diikoi almost felt nervous, although she wouldn't recognize the emotion readily. Self-analysis wasn't her greatest skill. I wonder if Leth is going to keep those cute ears when we're done with this? I wonder how much longer...I hope we don't have to deal with any more golems...I wonder where the wizard is supposed to be? .\/. So mean...doing that to mister Leth...I could...I could bop him one!

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon May 20, 2002 9:04 pm

I must be nuts...
doing something like this...

but he needs help...

I'm not that strong... the others are stronger...

but he needs help...

I have a family back home... another baby on the way...

But he needs help...

FlamingDeth

Unread postby FlamingDeth » Tue May 21, 2002 9:02 pm

Osbourne. on the other hand was on the brink of tears. Why did I ever come along...I know what happens when I get violent...stupid, stupid, stupid...I need to back off, let the rest handle the fighting...I'm no good at this...

pd Rydia

*sighs*

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed May 22, 2002 2:13 am

(Aaaaand now this is unfortunately on hold until such time that RF can return to the comp. He apologizes for not being here. Grade troubles, you know. He'll be back sometime, however! ^_^ *sets up camp to wait*)

RebelKitsune

It's still alive and kicking baby!

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:02 am

Leth shook his head slowly. He felt so rotten that moment, asking for help so selfishly, without consideration about what the others might be leading in their own lives. Leth had nothing to lose, but the others had everything. Jonas had a family, whom he loved greatly, and Leth knew how important family is in life.[/i] Diikoi had a job, and she was as innocent as anything, and Leth couldn't let her encounter such an opponent. Leth himself wasn't prepared, let alone poor Diikoi. Folx had his freedom, And Osbourne had his inn, and all the people that knew him definetely enjoyed his company. He may get through this without any side-effects with their help, but if any of them were to get hurt, or killed, his own heart would never let him live it down, let alone the people who loved these four.

His tail stopped dead, and his ears were all but upright. A tear escaped his right eye, but was quickly blown away with the energy radiating from his sword. His gem, now an ominous black rather than bright green, formed ice around it with the sheer cold it emanated.

Leth kicked himself mentally. "What was i *thinking* anyway? these people are innocent... Just like..." Memories of the mangled corpses in his old village plagued his mind at that moment, remembering how many people had died, for absolutely no reason. Seeing something that tragic as a child tends to leave a mark on a person. His sword faded to a slight dagger, and tears flowed down his cheeks as he whimpered, falling off as little pieces of ice from his face. He clasped his free hand tightly, so tight that it shook. "Why must the suffering go on... And why do *I* have to help it continue so...?

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*sniff*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Jul 03, 2002 12:06 pm

(OOC: Image Poor puppy... er... Leth...)

...I can do this...I have to keep telling myself that... Jonas thought, staring at the floor as he walked, ...Ferran always said that a focused mind can be your best ally...

At that moment, her ran into Leth, bumping the wizard from behind.

O.<;;; "Urk... sorry about that..." Jonas apologised, his ears and tails drooping in embarassment, "Wasn't paying attention to where I was going..."

He noticed Leth's tail and ears, and from his own experience, had a feeling something was wrong. He walked up to his side, to find him crying tears of ice.

ó.ò? "Leth...?" He asked, ignoring the odd tears for now and placing a hand on the wizard's shoulder, "...are you Ok?"

Edited by: FF Fanatic 80&nbsp; Image at: 7/3/02 4:49:23 pm

RebelKitsune

Re: *sniff*

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:30 pm

Leth flicked off a tear that had frozen on his cheek, and replied, "It's nothing... I think... I think you should all stay here." He coughed, his breath cut short because of the sobbing. He lifted he palm that held the dagger up to his face, which promptly grew longer and larger than before. He began to make his way inside.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:43 pm

Diikoi watched Leth for a moment, assimiliating information at a languid pace.

Mister Leth wants us to stay here? But he wanted us to come with him...why would he change his mind? Is it...because...he doesn't want us around anymore? But if that was the case, why would he be sad? Then maybe...he...

Doen't want us hurt?

Diikoi pondered this idea.

Then, she simply followed after Leth, without saying a word, bell dingling faintly.

RebelKitsune

*sigh*

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Thu Jul 04, 2002 7:48 am

Leth stopped. His acute hearing quickly let him know that Diikoi was following him. "Please, Diikoi... Don't make it harder than it already is. It's not safe for you to enter, and I don't want any of you to get hurt." He swung the sword in a wide arc in front of him, emphasizing his point. "You should go back to Jonas, he will keep you safe." The whole time he did not turn around to face her, and noticing this, and the fact that he did not want to seem as though he was giving her the cold shoulder, he turned around, to show a face that was all but cheery. "Please, Diikoi. Do it for your own safety, and do it for me. I would never live it down if any of you were to get hurt in any way."

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Jul 04, 2002 7:09 pm

Diikoi blinked slowly at Leth, trying to formulate into words her thoughts. She needed to word it in a coherent, intelligent, adult manner...unfortunately, however, she didn't have practice in this.

"It's not FAIR for you to be in danger and expect the rest of us to just stay out of it," she said, sounding as if she patiently scolding a young child. "Besides, how do you think WE feel just sitting back here doing nothing? It'd be BORING and make us all nervous and we can't really go anywhere not knowing if you're safe or not."

She thought about it, and then nodded to herself. "I'm going and you can't tell me I'm not because you don't want to see me hurt but I don't want to see you hurt, either, so that's why I'm going too. Because more people together means we're all less likely to get hurt."

"Sooo...let's go!" ^_^

RebelKitsune

er... o_O;

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Thu Jul 04, 2002 7:34 pm

Leth was astounded. he couldn't believe what he was hearing, but he could not say that he did not like it either. He decided not to say anything, for Diikoi's mind was made up. Leth walked in front of Diikoi nonetheless, he was not going to let any sneak attacks through.

As Leth and Diikoi walked on, the walls on either side suddenly glowed, and Leth signalled Diikoi to stop. He was unsure of what was waiting for them in that passage, but he did not like it at all.

(FD and FFF, right now, feel free to make your characters decide against or in favor of Leth's orders, it all depends on their attitudes, and if they can stand the curiosity.)

pd Rydia

Re: er... o_O;

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Jul 06, 2002 3:34 pm

(*bump* FFF, FD. >: Post!

;_; *bump*)

Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 7/8/02 6:13:29 am

RebelKitsune

Re: er... o_O;

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Mon Jul 08, 2002 5:21 am

(*loads the nag pistol* FFF's covered, but i don't know how to get to FD. >.> *runs off in search for FFF*)

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Back to the Pack* XP

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon Jul 08, 2002 4:34 pm

Jonas thought for a moment about what Leth had said, the wizard saying what the werewolf himself had been thinking moments ago. Strangely enough, in her own way, Diikoi had voiced his own feelings. He'd come this far, and he wasn't about to abandon someone in need. Not wasting another moment, Jonas had his axe at the ready on his shoulder, as he followed after Diikoi and Leth...

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

........?

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:25 pm

(*Bumps* <.<? >.>? ó.ò? This still on? )

RebelKitsune

*marches in after duly thwacking himself over the head*

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:53 pm

(hell yeah it's still on! -V-)

[character control, since FD suggested it, and Folx isn't around any more...] A bright white flash surged from the end of the tunnel that Leth and Diikoi where in, and two small orbs of light shot down through the passage. The orbs of light missed Diikoi and Jonas very narrowly, but they easily hit Osbourne and Folx. After both of them glowed briefly, they faded out of sight.

Leth swore. The last thing he needed was enforced telepathy getting rid of his allies. He spotted Jonas following them. "Jonas! I thought i warned you not to come!" He did not say this in an authoritative way, but with more of a concerned tone in his voice.

pd Rydia

yaaarr...

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:59 pm

"Oh no!" Diikoi's hand flew to her mouth as Osbourne and Folx disappeared. "What was that?"

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*And... POSTIES!!!*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:39 am

O_o;;; Jonas let out a rather loud 'YIP' upon seeing Osbourne and Folx disappearing, the craftsman shaking a bit where he stood.

<_>;;; Oh Gods... what have I gotten myself into...? Jonas thought, his tail and ears drooping a bit as he whimpered to himself. Still, he tried he best to look determined, even if his ears and tail were telling everyone another story.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*completely forgets to read the 2nd half of RF's Post ^.^;*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:59 am

Hearing Leth's words, the Werewolf looked up at him, finding it hard to hide his fear from the fuzzy magician.

o_o; "I... I know that... but..." Jonas tried to explain, "...you can't expect us to leave you alone now? Not after our friends were just captured."

Although his tail and ears still drooped slightly, he managed a somewhat determined look back at Leth.

o\/o "Osbourne is a dear friend of mine too... as well as Folx..." Jonas told him, "I have to do what I can for them... even if it's dangerous..."

RebelKitsune

*accidentally made it look like a siggy* ^^;;;

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Fri Jul 26, 2002 9:27 am

Leth chanted a small incantation, and after a short while, he turned to both of them.

"Osbourne and Folx are being held captive by the cowled wizard. We have to go get them." Leth looked them both in the eyes, his pupils now wide open, however, they were not the shape of a human's pupil, but it was pinched at the top and bottom, like a cat's.

"Shall we go? I'll be ready when you two are." He smiled, and his tail wagged slightly. He could honestly say that he could see a true friend in either one of them.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/urebelkitsune.showPublicProfile?language=EN>RebelKitsune</A]&nbsp; Image at: 7/26/02 1:35:10 pm

pd Rydia

Re: *accidentally made it look like a siggy* ^^;;;

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Jul 26, 2002 1:56 pm

"Yesss..." Diikoi replied, drawling out her response in boredom. Standing around doing nothing was not her favorite thing to do, but it'd be impolite to say that, so she just began to swing from side to side to satisfy her urge to get moving.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Posties*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Aug 01, 2002 6:00 pm

"I'm... about as ready as I'll ever be... ^.^;;" Jonas told Leth, his ears and tail still partially down due to nervousness, "We should hurry before that guy does anything to our friends there."

He had to admit to himself that he was still a bit frightened. The fact that this wizard easily captured two of their group was not making him feel at ease. The fact that he had no magical affinity wasn't helping either. But still, Jonas knew he'd feel even worse if he backed out now. He only hoped when the time came, he'd be able to do something.

RebelKitsune

"Super happy plot advancement!"

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Mon Aug 05, 2002 9:29 am

Leth smiled. "Let's do this." He turned towards the passage, and walked down it, the sword in his palm crackling with sheer power.

As the three of them walked on, they could feel the heat and energy coming from the end of the tunnel, as it grew stronger and stronger.

Within a few minutes, they could see that the only light present was coming from Leth's sword, and from the end of the tunnel. the walls of the tunnel were surprisingly still covered with icicles and some snow, unaffected by the heat that was present at that time.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

"More Super happy plot advancement!"

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:28 am

At the moment, Jonas was tempted to change back to his human form, due to the tremendous heat in the cavern and the way his fur was holding in all the heat.

-.-;;; So... hot... he thought to himself. Out of habit, he went to wipe his brow of what he assumed would be a head full of damp fur. However, he felt nothing but dryness.

9.9? Eh? That's weird... how could I NOT be sweating in all this he...? Jonas started to think. Then he happened to glance down his snout, and found out why. His tongue was currently hanging out of his mouth and panting, just like a dog's.

O_o;; Feeling embarrased, he forced his tongue back into his mouth. After a minute however, he felt so incredibly hot he though his body would catch fire. Whimpering slightly, he let his tongue hang out again, dissipating some of the heat buidling up in his body.

-_-;;; How embarrasing... *whimper* he though to himself as he followed...

pd Rydia

Diikoi's head = empty. No, wait...

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Aug 08, 2002 2:06 pm

I hope mister Osbourne and mister Folx are okay... Diikoi thought, a rare, solemn look on her face. She didn't even notice Jonas's puppy wainess, or scratch Leth behind his ears. She was too busy steadying herself for what might come.

Except I don't know what to expect...kinda like when my sisters played pranks...but they weren't really trying to hurt me...I think...

Dii shook her head, and looked around her. Pretty icicles..but it's so hot here...maybe it's mister Leth's sword? But shouldn't that melt the ice...? She sighed, pacing closer to Leth. "Psst...mister Leth? Can we, um..." she shifted her weight nervously from one foot to the other. "Can we hurry this up so we can all go home? Please?"

RebelKitsune

>.>;

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Wed Aug 14, 2002 6:06 am

Leth kept his own face pointed away from the other two, for the reason that he too was keeping cool in the same way as Jonas. He tucked away his tongue for the moment and turned to Diikoi. "Don't worry Diikoi, we're almost there." Leth looked straight ahead of him now, and he let his tongue loll out of his mouth once again, though his face wasn't hidden too well. (>P)

pd Rydia

<.<

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:51 pm

(Just a hint, RF...we can continue CI for ages, but we're leaving the plot up to you. If you want this RP to go forward, you need to do something...plotty. ^_^;; )

RebelKitsune

Re: <.<

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:34 am

(>_>; *cough* i know, i was just about to make them go on, just after i get a little more CI... sorry for the delaying tho >.>; )

pd Rydia

Re: >.>;

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:58 pm

Diikoi paced after Leth carefully, seemingly unaffected by the heat. "Are we there yet, mister Leth?" she whispered, glancing around nervously.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Posties*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sun Aug 18, 2002 1:09 pm

I hope we're almost there... don't know how much more of this... 'strangeness' I can take... >.>;;; The werewolf thought, glancing at the ice cold walls along the incredibly hot hallway as they continued walking.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Bump-ish Posties*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:12 am

As they continued to walk, the unusual environment taking it's toll on the fuzzy family man, Jonas decided to speak up to his fellow fuzzy aquantence.

"Leth... if this wizard is capable of everything we've already seen, what else could he possibly do to us?" Jonas asked, wincing a bit in worry at the man's reaction.

He cast a quick glance at Diikoi, who was still swinging her bell and glancing around nervously. Seeing her scared reminded him once more of his own little girl back home, his fatherly feelings kicking in as he edged over to the nervous drow girl.

6.6 "Diikoi, you feeling Ok?" he asked, placing a paw on her shoulder.

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:06 pm

Diikoi turned slightly pale, red-violet eyes up at Jonas. "I'm okay..." she responded, blinking slightly, reaching up to scratch behind his ears.

^_^ "I wish I had cute ears like that. Does that mean you can hear a lot really well?" o.o "I can do that, too." Diikoi flicked a pointed, elven ear to punctuate her point.

From the drow-half's tone of voice, subject matter, and gestures, you would think she was completely oblivious to any danger inherent in the party's situation...

RebelKitsune

*hits head repeatedly with a blunt object*

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Thu Sep 05, 2002 9:57 am

(OOC: ... I should kill myself for delaying ths RP so much. more apologies from my behalf and a more-than-decent post to try and make up for it.)

"I'm not entirely sure, Jonas... However I'm positive that we can get through this if we stay alert..." Leth's magic sabre glimmered brightly, cutting through the darkness with it's light, just as a sword would, through most materials. the ice crystals on the ceiling and either side of the passageway rafracted the light beautifully, each little fragment giving a little sparkle as they walked past.

(OOC: just so you know, the passageway is more or less 5 metres wide and 2 and a half metres high. Plot advancement comes next, so don't worry about any more delays.)

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

More Kawaiiness XD

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:51 pm

<.< "I hope you're right..." Jonas answered Leth, turning back to their younger companion to speak with her. He couldn't help having a small feral grin on his face as she complemented his ears.

^_^; "Well, Diikoi..." he said, inadvertently flicking his ears as he answered, "I guess these do let me hear pretty we..." Jonas started to answer the drow girl. He suddenly stopped, starting to notice the scritching going on behind his ears. Then, something terrible happened. Something no grown man, human or garoujin, would want to be caught doing.

Jonas let out a rather audible *MRRRR*, his tail starting to wag back and forth as his head leaned into the scritch. He tried to open his mouth to tell her to stop, but each time he did, another loud *MRRRR* escaped his throat.

<.>;; ^.^;; <.>;; How embarrasing... Jonas thought to himself...

(OOC: I love being ebil to my characters >XD)

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Sep 05, 2002 9:58 pm

Diikoi sighed, ceasing her scratching. "Okay...alert..." she mumbled aloud, to herself. "Alert...gotta stay alert..."

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Fri Sep 06, 2002 4:12 pm

The tunnel finally came to an end, the exit just after a sharp right turn in the passageway. Specks of snow swirled around the entrance, the wind blowing around strongly from whatever lay after that point. The heat could stil be felt in the tunnel, and it still didn't show any signs of letting up. Leth increased his pace (OOC: so he's ahead of Jonas and Dii) and walked on through, lifting up the scarf against the lower portion of his face to shield it from the wind.

(OOC: basically, Leth is past the exit, while Jonas and Diikoi are still in the tunnel. Just wanted to clarify. The following is a description of what there is on the other side.)

The enormous hall was a beautiful sight that could astound even the most seasoned of geologists, the dome-shaped ceiling entirely covered with large ice crystals which closely resembled shandeliers, giving off an infinite array of beautiful spectrums of color and light that filled the cavernous room. the floor was covered in soft white powder, the bright snow able to dazzle any casual eye glancing directly at it.

Leth stood there, unmoving, steadfast, as he gazed up at something that lay amongst the ice crystals hanging upon the ceiling. His ears, tail, robes and scarf flapped around in the wind, but he seemed rather oblivious to it all, just staring blankly at whatever there may have been concealed there amongst the cold blue stone.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/urebelkitsune.showPublicProfile?language=EN>RebelKitsune</A]&nbsp; Image at: 9/6/02 8:12:35 pm

Next

Return to Gaera Main RPs