Not What it Seems... (The RP that wouldn't die)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
High Ragnarok Knight

Re: Dreamcast? never had one...

Unread postby High Ragnarok Knight » Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:17 pm

Ryken stood dazed for a moment watching the creature step forward, but snapped out of it and moved over to Illastrial with the torch and lit the arrow and stepped back.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

*thinking*

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:53 am

(OOC: SS, would you like me to control Illastrial, or would you prefer us to wait for your return? Personally, i think waitying might be the best, but I'd like everyone's thoughts.)

Justice Augustus
Administrator

I'm not quite dead...

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed Jun 26, 2002 9:49 am

(OOC - I'm still gonna be able to post, and it's not like the rp is speeding along...)

Illastrial winced a bit as the flame sparkled to life before her eyes, then narrowed her vision, concentrating, and aiming. "May the lady guide you swift and true." she muttered to the arrow before letting it fly straight at the creatures nose.

(OOC2 - Her reasoning is this, if she aims for the eye it loses it's one weakness. If she hits the nose she hurts one of it's streangths, its sense of smell. It also gives me a chance to shout "nose shot".)

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Glad to hear it.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Jun 26, 2002 11:39 am

The lady heeded her call, the arrow fying home with a thunk, burying itself halfway to the feather in the creature's head. Blood gushed from it's nose and it bellowed in pain and fear.

Had the creature's head been any smaller, it might have been a killing shot. As it was, the shaft didn't quite reach it's brain.

Unable to see, and now unnable to smell, it screamed, thrashing about wildly, moving this way and that. One claw swept dangerously close by Alistair, and he jumped out of the way with a sharp intake of breath. Luckily, the beast was making far too much noise to make use of it's one remaining functioning non-touch sense: it's hearing.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: Glad to hear it.

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Wed Jun 26, 2002 2:27 pm

Squintz looked at the beast. What would be the best way to incapacitate it without killing it? This was a tough choice. However, he thought he had a way. He charged up a bolt of Holy energy, firing it at where he thought the creature's legs were. That way...maybe they could slip by.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Glad to hear it.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Jun 26, 2002 3:57 pm

The holy bolt would have struck true, but the creature stumbled out of the way by blind luck rather than reasoned action.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

OOCness

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Jun 27, 2002 12:29 pm

(OOC - Squintz, what part of Mass are you from? Cause I'm in Andover at the moment so maybe we can get together.)

High Ragnarok Knight

Re: OOCness

Unread postby High Ragnarok Knight » Thu Jun 27, 2002 6:01 pm

Ryken stood by, lighting the other piece of wood just to make sure they would have one in case the other went out.

(OOC: Squintz and I both live in Connecticut not Massicusitts)

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Heeya!!

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:26 pm

(OOC: Man, I have got to stop forgetting about this RP -_-; )

The creature stumbled backwards, and it was right where Molokidan wanted it.

"Oh man. . .I hope this thing doesn't like fish." he said, jumping onto its 'back', and trying to slash at it as best he could while retaining his balance.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Re: Heeya!!

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:02 pm

"Be careful Dan!" Illastrial thrust another arrow point into the flame and aimed again, shooting at the head.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Heeya!!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:10 pm

The beast cried in pain as Dan's blade pierced it's flank, close to it's spine. Thrashing wildly, it threw Dan into the tunnel wall, leaving his sword embedded in the creature.

With a cry, Alistair leapt forward, Trosi E'luinal flaashing in the torches light as it came down hard into the monster's neck. The monster did not stop moving and thrashing, however, and in it's death throes it dealt Alistair a slash across the chest with one large, blood red claw.

Dan stirred, and shook his head to clear it. It was then that he noticed the small chunks of earth and rock on his clothing. As he looked up, another piece broke free of the ceiling and hit him on the nose....

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

x_x;

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:55 pm

"Urk. . ." Molo said, rubbing his nose in pain and then turning to look at his two katanas stuck in the beast's back. "Oh man. . ." he said. "If they get broken. . .I'm in big trouble!"

More rocks began falling on Molo, and fast. "Aah!" he shouted, starting back to the others. He aimed to jump ontop of the monster, to try and at least salvage his katanas before the cave collapsed. "THE ROOF IS CAVING IN!!"

(OOC: Just a note about Molo's chopstick katanas -- only a sushijin can hold them, they're insanely heavy to any other species or race that tries to pick them up. . .

OOC2: argh, sorry about that. Fixed. )

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=molokidan>Molokidan</A]&nbsp; Image at: 7/1/02 11:19:33 pm

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: x_x;

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jul 01, 2002 4:08 pm

(OOC: Note 1- we're in the middle of a labyrinth. Note 2- Nothing wierd's going on, the roof's just going to fall in, is all. Note 3- If you're going to run, pick your direction carefully. One will take Dan away from where Alistair intends to go, and he won't be able to go back for him if the tunnel falls on.)

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Catastrophy...

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Jul 04, 2002 9:48 am

"Let's get out of here!" Illastrial shouted above the sound of grinding rocks and dull thumps of boulders plummeting to the ground. "Which way Alistair?"

High Ragnarok Knight

Re: Catastrophy...

Unread postby High Ragnarok Knight » Thu Jul 04, 2002 1:16 pm

Ryken was happy to hear any plan to get out of this cave, standing around with toarches wasn't really his thing.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: Catastrophy...

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:54 pm

Squintz was angry. He didn't want to endanger the others...but he didn't want to run from this thing. What should he do?

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Choices...the burden of a leader.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Jul 07, 2002 4:46 pm

Alistair growled deep in his throat.

'We have to get past it!'

At this point he leapt forward, just as the beast blundered to the other side of the tunnel. Now standing on the other side, he raced at the creature, performing a good imitation of Dan's earlier maneuvere, bringing himself to rest on the balls of his feet on the thing's back. Gripping it's spine with his knees, he plunged Trosi E'luinal down into it's skull as hard as he could. It managed a few more lumbering steps before falling, it's limbs still thrashing slightly.

Sweat trickling down his face, Alistair tried to tug Dan's swords free, but found that they were far too heavy to lift. Frowning, he instead turned his attention to his own blade, tossing it down to Squintz. He was very grateful that the elf had been near enough for him to tug it free of it's scabbard before the fight - but even this encounter hadn't convinced him to keep the blade near him.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: Choices...the burden of a leader.

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:12 pm

"You'll never pull them free unless you're sushijin!!" Moloshouted, running alongside the beast. "Aw man. . .this is bad!!" Disregarding all logic, he hopped onto the beast, sitting directly in front of Alistair. He ripped both katanas from the beast's back, causing it to roar in pain, and two thick streams of blood to explode from underneath its skin.

"Err. . .now what?!" Molo shouted, panicking, as the beast headed straight for the cave wall.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jul 08, 2002 6:01 am

'Hold on, just hold on!'

The monster's last steps took it smashing straight into the tunnel wall, where upon it fell to the ground and lay still. Alistair fell off upon impact, and was nearly crushed as the beast rolled over in it's death throes. It was then, looking up, that he noticed that a particularly large block of stone had become loose when the creature had hit the wall.

'Run!!!' He cried, staggering to his feet and leaping up and over the monster's body, dragging Dan - who had just pulled out his katanas - with him...

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Jul 08, 2002 10:16 am

Squintz looked in horror. He wasn't adverse to killing, but he did not like to just off innocent animals. Er...he knew that this one was trying to kill them...but he would have prefered that this one be handled so that the beast would not be able to get them, but still remain alive. He sheathed Trosi'Elunai, watching the rock. If needed...perhaps he could do something...

Justice Augustus
Administrator

RUN!

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Tue Jul 09, 2002 4:32 pm

"Squintz, let's get out of here!" Illastrial cried as she scrambled around the debris after Alistair.

(OOC - The thread just made 100 posts! Woo!)

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: RUN!

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:46 pm

Squintz nodded, then turned and followed the others, fast as he could.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Jul 09, 2002 7:24 pm

"UWAAAAAAAH!!!" Molo shouted, getting dragged in the back while the beast made its way, growling, through the falling stone and cracking walls. It was ripping the rest of the cave apart, while the ceiling was a few seconds away from totally collapsing.

High Ragnarok Knight

Unread postby High Ragnarok Knight » Tue Jul 09, 2002 8:22 pm

Ryken ran after the others, still holding both torches. Doing nothing to help was starting to get to him, but he focused and followed without saying a word.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

ER...Blaze?

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:45 pm

(OOC - Aren't you the GM? We've got so far, don't let it die!)

Blaze Yamato Spirit

*grumbles*

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:48 am

(1: Okay, okay, I'm here.

2: Dan, in the future can you read my posts more carefully? That's the SECOND time you've posted about the beast still moving after I clearly stated it was dead. The first time I went with it, but this time I'm not going to. It is dead on the floor of the passage. The part about the ceiling near to collapse, however, was very accurate.)

Alistair ran, still pulling Dan with him. He didn't think he'd ever run this fast, nor did he think he would ever again. He didn't even spare the time to look and see if the others were behind them, much as he wished he could.

And the ceiling - already precariously close to collapse - finally gave up on what was clearly a losing battle. In short, the passage caved in.

Amidst the thundering of falling rocks, clouds of dust, and shouts of confusion, Alistair couldn't tell whether the others had made it. Or even if HE had made it. All he did was keep running.

<center>~~~</center>

When the dust finally settled, Alistair made his way back down the passage with Dan. Much to his relief, he found that the others were all okay, though Ryken had suffered a minor wound to the back of his head - doubtless caused by a stray rock.

Alistair whooped with joy, rushing over to embrace Illastrial.

'I didn't think you'd made it...'

Justice Augustus
Administrator

0.0 *squeezed*

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:04 pm

Illastrial blushed as Alistair embraced her. "It's okay, we're all fine, you did a great job." she whispered in his ear.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: 0.0 *squeezed*

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:15 pm

Squintz eyed the others warily. Well, it could have gone a lot worse...But it could have gone a lot better. Squintz shook that thought off. He was supposed to think POSITIVE. He was, after all, a Holy Knight. That was the whole thing, right?

High Ragnarok Knight

Re: 0.0 *squeezed*

Unread postby High Ragnarok Knight » Thu Jul 18, 2002 9:56 pm

"That's the last time I stay in back."

Ryken dropped the torches he carried letting them extinguish. Though his head hurt from the minor injury, he wanted to get going again as soon as possible.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Oh dear.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:22 pm

'You think?' His voice skeptical, Alistair seemed to retreat into himself im the darkness that followed the extinguishing of the torches. He held Illastrial for a moment longer, then let go suddenly. 'I guess that's a matter of opinion.'

Alistair concentrated for a second, then replicated the spell he had used to light their journey up till this point. He led them on, now less confident in his turnings, and it occured to the others that the distraction of the fight might very well have caused him to lose his bearings. The thought did not sit well with anyone - were they lost?

Justice Augustus
Administrator

*shudders*

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Fri Jul 19, 2002 6:28 pm

CAN'T BREATHE CAN'T BREATHE GET OUT OF HERE NEED AIR NEED SPACE CAN'T BREATHE "Er... Alistair? How much farther is it to the end of these tunnels?"

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Um, hello?

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Fri Jul 26, 2002 3:00 pm

(OOC - I really don't want this to die, c'mon guys, post

[edit] BUMP -Rydia-)

Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 12/10/02 7:06:04 pm

Blaze Yamato Spirit

I'm back.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Sep 08, 2002 3:35 pm

Alistair winced.

'I'm not going to lie to you, Illastrial. I'm not sure. The last time I came through these tunnels it was in the other direction.'

He took her hand in his own and squeezed it.

'Just stay calm. I'll get us out of here, Illastrial. The last thing I want is to die down here and never see you in the light again...' He whispered, low enough for only her, and perhaps Squintz, to hear.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

It's alive!!! IT'S ALIVE!!!

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:02 pm

Illastrial gave his hand a squeeze in reply, and turned around, making sure the others were still with them. (OOC - In other words, let's ALL revive this thing!)

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: It's alive!!! IT'S ALIVE!!!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:34 pm

Alistair turned with her, her hand still in his own.

'Alright. I have a confession - I am slightly lost. I only have a vague sense of bearings - we could very well be heading north-west, but it's just as likely we're heading north or west, in which case we'll come out of the tunnels in the wrong place, if we come out at all. So if anyone has magic or anything of any sort that can help guide us, we could use it right now.'

Edited by: Blaze Yamato Spirit&nbsp; Image at: 12/11/02 12:02:50 pm

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Re: It's alive!!! IT'S ALIVE!!!

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sat Oct 19, 2002 12:37 pm

"If we could find something living, something natural, I could tell you, but all I see is stone."

Previous

Return to Gaera Main RPs