Not What it Seems... (The RP that wouldn't die)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: I like tea...

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon May 13, 2002 7:04 pm

Squintz hated setting up camp in such an obvious area. He knew that he thought too much of tactics, but...if they were attacked, they were sitting ducks. Squintz decided to lighten his load, to be more mobile. He reached into his pack and removed the fake sword that the spirit of Dhargun had given him, chucking it far. He didn't need the darkness tainting him further.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue May 14, 2002 9:57 am

"Wow, you can throw far. . ." Dan said, watching the sword being thrown with one eye open, as he laid in the grass, exhausted. "Squintz, what was your dad like?" he suddely asked, out of nowhere.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Tue May 14, 2002 2:38 pm

"My...dad?" Squintz thought back, and as he spoke, there was no mistaking the pride in his voice. "My fater was a great warrior, Lotherial Torias. He fought and protected my hometown many times, and I looked up to him."

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Let's keep this alive, especially as we're close to the end!

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu May 16, 2002 4:31 pm

Illastrial smiled at Alistair's kind words, tahnking him silently. She removed her pack and placed it at the foot of a tree, and curled up on the hard earth, resting her head on the pack, and went to sleep, exhausted from the day's travel.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Agreed.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri May 17, 2002 7:50 pm

To cut a long story short, the night was uneventful and they all got a good night's rest.

~~~

Alistair awoke to the fresh morning sun dancing on his face, and found himself lying next to Illastrial. He smiled to himself, yawned, and looked around to examine the surrounding hills for what might be the last time.

Reaching over and taking Illastrial by the shoulder, he squeezed it gently.

'Time to move.'

~~~

Once they had all assembled outside of the cavern, Alistair spoke aloud a short incantation and a ball of light appeared above his left palm, which he held up as he led them within.

In the light's glow they could see that the tunnel within was dry as bone, no moisture evident - the desert dry rock was cracking under the pressure, and in some cases had already fallen in.

After 100 yards it forked, and Alistair led them down the right hand path. This process continued for some time, and every time Alistair would lead them down a new path without hesitation.

Without the light of the sun, it was impossible to tell how long they had been travelling for - it had felt like a matter of some hours - when the light in Alistair's hand was suddenly snuffed and a fetid breeze blew through the passage.

Peering ahead into the gloom, Alistair reached back and took Illastrial's hand, keeping to his promise. He squeezed it tightly.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Excitement! WAI!

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sat May 18, 2002 3:59 pm

"Alistair..? What's happening? I can't see anything..."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Excitement! WAI!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun May 19, 2002 1:00 pm

'I...I'm not sure. Some sort of devilry - no ordinary breeze could quench my magic...I think we should wait till it has died away, and then we will continue.'

He gave her hand an encouraging squeeze, though he admitted to himself afterwards that it was as much for his own comfort as anything else...

(OOC: have you others died on us?)

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Re: Excitement! WAI!

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sun May 19, 2002 2:47 pm

(OOC - hope not, but here's how to find out)

"Dan? Squintz? Ryken? Are you guys still here?"

pd Rydia

we interrupt your regularly scheduled RP...

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun May 19, 2002 2:56 pm

(...to bring you this URL:<center>http://www.greatdave.org:7777/rpgww/RP/board/notwhatitseems_01.htm</center>Pages 7-9 are still missing, but I'll get to those in time. 45 posts a page, and there will be 11 pages when I'm done saving from the old board.

I put a lotta time into this archive, so y'all darn well better finish the RP. =P)

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: we interrupt your regularly scheduled RP...

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sun May 19, 2002 4:26 pm

"I'm here...don't worry." Squintz was thinking, and he hated to be disturbed in mid-thought.

(OOC: Yeah...Blaze...this better end...)

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun May 19, 2002 4:31 pm

(<bitch mode>Oh? So the entire responsibility for this ending lies on me, does it? Well, you may or may not have noticed this, but I'M not one of the one's who aren't posting...</bitch mode>)

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sun May 19, 2002 4:37 pm

(Ack! Sorry!)

Squintz drew Redemption, drawing comfort from his weapon. If anything was coming, like he expected, he would be ready for it. He tried to judge where the others were, and to position himself where he could take the blows, if need be. However, due to the lack of light, this was really hard. Squintz had already decided to take as many blows as possible. The others were young, and they deserved life. Squintz was old. He had seen much, and so, if anyone was to die, it should be him.

High Ragnarok Knight

Unread postby High Ragnarok Knight » Mon May 20, 2002 9:24 pm

(OOC: I'm still alive)

"I'm here."

Ryken usally saw very well in the dark, but deep in this cave even he couldn't see. All eyes required some light to see. If they had some wood Squintz could cast a small fire spell to light it.

"Does any one have some wood?"

Edited by: High Ragnarok Knight at: 5/21/02 1:36:30 am

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon May 20, 2002 9:28 pm

"Bleh. I don't carry that stuff around with me." Squintz made a mental note to do so next time.

High Ragnarok Knight

Unread postby High Ragnarok Knight » Mon May 20, 2002 9:42 pm

I thought Squintz would be more prepared...

"Anyone else have some wood?"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Oro?

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue May 21, 2002 12:01 am

*clunk* Dan yelled in surprise as he slammed his head into the wall. "Ow. . ." he muttered. "Eh?" he knocked on the stone again. . ."feels hollow. . ." he said. "What d'you think's behind it?"

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Re: Oro?

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Tue May 21, 2002 4:16 pm

"You can borrow a couple of arrow shafts if you need light for just a bit. They won't last though..."

High Ragnarok Knight

Unread postby High Ragnarok Knight » Wed May 22, 2002 7:08 pm

They would need more wood than some arrow shafts. Ryken closed his eyes, to allow him to concentrate on his other senses, hearing and smell. He drew his sword and waited for someone to make their next move.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sat May 25, 2002 12:03 pm

(OOC: Back for a week. After that I'll be gone for another two weeks...)

'I have some faggots of wood in my pack.' Alistair whispered, his voice echoing slightly along the passage. And Dan, there's probably another tunnel on the other side of that wall. This place is a bit of a labyrinth...'

He rustled around in his pack and pulled out two of the faggots, holding them out in the direction Ryken's voice had been coming from.

'Here.' He said.

Suddenly, the otherworldly breeze picked up again, and then died down. There was a great bellowing roar from the other side of the wall which Dan had thought was hollow, and the sound of heavy, shuffling footfalls echoed down the passage torwards them.

'Oh no...' Alistair breathed, at the same time bringing Trosi E'luinal forth from it's sheath with his free hand. It glinted with an inner light, though not enough for the group to see by.

And the sounds - as of some great and terrible beast - were getting closer...

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sat May 25, 2002 12:07 pm

Squintz almost grunted, but he held it in to keep their position somewhat hidden. Why was it always so difficult? Squintz made sure that Redemption was ready.

Justice Augustus
Administrator

What could it be?

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sat May 25, 2002 3:44 pm

Illastrial grabbed an arrow and slotted it into her bow. She hoped that the others would be able to light that faggot, otherwise she would be just a blind archer, and unless she developed super-sensitive hearing or smell or something she was going to be pretty useless.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

You'll have to wait and see. :þ

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun May 26, 2002 4:42 pm

(OOC: Waiting on Dan and Ryken's initial reactions before I post anything else. I'm gonna leave you guessing! Nyahnyah! XD)

High Ragnarok Knight

Re: You'll have to wait and see. :þ

Unread postby High Ragnarok Knight » Thu May 30, 2002 3:03 pm

(OOC: I'm going to assume that a faggot of wood is like a thick piece of wood, if it isn't please correct me and I'll edit it.)

Grasiously, Ryken accepted the two faggots and held them out to Squintz.

"The fire spell Squintz. One of us is going to have to protect the fire from going out. I will do it if there are no objections."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu May 30, 2002 3:14 pm

(OOC: Pretty much it.

On another note, I'm going on holiday this Saturday, and wno't be back for two weeks. Wee!)

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu May 30, 2002 3:26 pm

Squintz nodded and cast a simple fire spell onto the wood, lighting it ablaze.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu May 30, 2002 3:51 pm

From the shadows at the edge of the flickering light two large, baleful eyes glinted at them, and the beast let out a terrifying roar - enough to make Alistair shake and almost drop his sword, though he stood tall.

As it moved closer, stepping forward so it's large, lean, muscular legs were within their sight, they could see rust red fur bristling across their expanse. Blood red claws, over a foot in length, faded to black at their tips. Above and between it's eyes, and above it's large slit-like nostrils, a large horn tapered to a very fine point.

Then it roared once again, revealing row after row of jagged, saw-like teeth....

Edited by: Blaze Yamato Spirit&nbsp; Image at: 5/30/02 8:40:47 pm

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu May 30, 2002 3:53 pm

Squintz blinked. Wonderful. As if life wasn't hard enough sometimes...

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Oh my...

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Thu May 30, 2002 5:10 pm

"By the sacred grove what is that thing!" Illastrial shrieked in fear and suprise, trying to stop her hands from shaking enough to get a clear aim.

Edited by: Suicidal Sprite at: 6/8/02 8:03:42 am

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: Oh my...

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu May 30, 2002 5:29 pm

"Uwaa. . ." Dan backed up, brandishing his Chopstick Katanas. "What. . .what is this thing?! It's gigantic."

(OOC: Umm. . .I'm imaginining a gigantic furry Langoliers thing o_o;)

High Ragnarok Knight

Unread postby High Ragnarok Knight » Thu May 30, 2002 6:26 pm

Ryken didn't know what the thing was, but he wasn't going to protect the fire very well if he stayed too close to the thing. He backed up while wondering how he could help them fight this thing. The only way he could think of was with spells, but he hated those and wasn't good with them anyway. He hoped this thing didn't have good eye sight.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri May 31, 2002 3:17 pm

(OOC: Langoliers?)

The thought struck Ryken that perhaps it had very good eyesight - but only in the dark. It certainly seemed a little disorientated in the light of the torch.

Alistair's mouth opened and closed once before he spoke.

'It is...I have heard...no more talk. I will tell you later, if we survive. Just...stay away from it's horn, if you can!'

(OOC: And we leave it there until I get back...)

Blaze Yamato Spirit

You can beat it you can hit it but it just WON'T die!!!!!!!!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Jun 18, 2002 4:36 pm

The beast roared once more, and lowered it's head so that the tapered point aligned itself with Alistair's skull.

The mage's eyes opened wide as he saw in a flash death come to call - and he knew that he didn't want to die.

'I have not come so far to fail now, my friends.' He whispered. 'We must prevail over this beast. Any ideas?'

The creature snorted, steam rising from it's slitlike nostrils, it's eye staring balefully straight ahead at the ragtag group of adventurers. It was clearly expecting them to make the first move.

A sudden revelation struck Alistair.

'Everyone, until we have a plan, keep still, and talk quietly. It has poor hearing, and it's sight is impaired by the light.'

Squintz Altec
Administrator

THIS IS THE IMMORTAL RP!

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Tue Jun 18, 2002 4:39 pm

Squintz nodded, bringing his voice down to a whisper. "So, what do you want to do? I could blast him...but after my last spell..." He trailed off. It had been too long since he had last cast magic, but that might have been a fluke.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

WOOHOO WOOHOO YEAH! - Guess the dreamcast game soundtrack?

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Jun 18, 2002 4:55 pm

'I just really don't know. Fire magic would be very useful - especially if it involved minimal movements. Unfortunately the magic of fire is one of the few I know little about. I certainly know no spells...'

'The creature shifted from foot to foot, sniffing the air. Alistair eyed it warily.

High Ragnarok Knight

Re: WOOHOO WOOHOO YEAH! - Guess the dreamcast game soundtrac

Unread postby High Ragnarok Knight » Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:47 pm

(OOC: Nice to have you back)

"I could light one of Illastrial's arrows on fire with the torch. Not as good as a spell but it's something."

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Dreamcast? never had one...

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Wed Jun 19, 2002 11:59 am

Illastrial nodded very slowly, and reached up to her shoulder and drew out a single arrow, slowly fitting it to the bow string, a bead of sweat dripping down her face in the stress of the moment.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Dreamcast? never had one...

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:16 pm

The beast's head snapped round and it's eyes fixed on Illastrial for a few long moments. Then it began taking a few tentative steps torwards her...

Alistair's eye went wide as he tensed and tightened his grip on his sword, the twin to Illastrial's bead of sweat forming and dripping off to hit his cape.

Edited by: Blaze Yamato Spirit&nbsp; Image at: 6/23/02 4:09:06 pm

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Jun 23, 2002 12:22 pm

Molo looked at Illastrial, sweat pouring down his face, waiting for her to let go of the arrow. . .

(OOC: Just letting you know I'm still here =)

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Jun 23, 2002 12:30 pm

(OOC: Glad to see my editing my post to bring this thread up to the top of the forum had the effect of making someone post. 9.9)

Justice Augustus
Administrator

Unread postby Justice Augustus » Sun Jun 23, 2002 5:53 pm

(OOC - Waiting for Ragarnok to light it. Oh and go see my thread in the serious forum re: absenteeism)

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs