From Hell to High Water

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Endesu
ラムレッダ

Re: Second riddle.

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Jul 21, 2002 4:16 am

Okan now took Seph aside. "Alright.. you may have been expecting me to know, but I don't have a damned clue about what the color may be. Do you think there's any way you can figure it out? Otherwise, we might not be getting out of here.."

Red Seph

Re: Second riddle.

Unread postby Red Seph » Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:02 pm

Seph grimaced and looked around him for any color that seemed to stand out. "What about the flag?" he asked Okan. "Is there a prominant color? You know far more about this country than me."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Don't worry, this Prison will be of the out soon.

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:54 pm

"Uh.. well, honestly, I've forgotten." Okan grinned nervously. "Is that bad? Perhaps we can find another source?"

As Okan lamented on, his lance caught a bit of torchlight and sparkled slightly, the words 'Riva National Trademark' being highlighted for a quick moment.

Red Seph

Re: Don't worry, this Prison will be of the out soon.

Unread postby Red Seph » Mon Jul 22, 2002 4:56 pm

"Hmm, well, yes it is," Seph scolded. "Forgetting the flag of..." He became silent as a brief flash from Okan's lance caught his eye, and he leaned closer for a better look.

"What's that?" Seph questioned, pointing at the weapon curiously. "I thought I read something on your lance."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:07 pm

Okan paused, and then held up his lance. "Enh.. this is my holy lance. See? It has the Riva trademark on it." He gave Seph a closer look at the dark green and red shades filtering through the words. "Threatening, isn't it? I don't see Red Mages carrying these around.."

Red Seph

Unread postby Red Seph » Fri Jul 26, 2002 2:18 am

"Hmph," Seph snorted, still fixated on the lance. "Perhaps you would, if they had need for them..." He straightened up and looked at Okan. "If that's the Riva trademark, then maybe those are the country's colors? There's two, though, green and red. I wonder which the gatekeeper is looking for?"

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Hopefully, Molo will return soon. Lacking wackiness, we are.

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Jul 28, 2002 2:27 am

"..." Okan suddenly seemed to receive a burst of inspiration, and walked back up to the question giver. "Red-green. A mix between the two."

"Correct!"

Okan looked back to Seph once more. ".. doesn't take long to figure it out.. if you have two separate methods or sides to dabble from, why not attempt them both?"

"Very good, then. Your final question is: how many feet wide is all of Gaera!?"

Endesu
ラムレッダ

On hold.

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Aug 03, 2002 2:52 am

Until Molo returns, this arpee will be on hold, yo.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Well Well Well!

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:14 pm

(OOC: This RP can't die! Not yet!)

"Silly old man!" Molo said, a pathetic attempt at patronizing the sagely old one. "Gaera isn't made of feet, it's made of ground!"

Red Seph

Re: Well Well Well!

Unread postby Red Seph » Tue Aug 13, 2002 10:49 pm

Seph glanced up from his attempt at remembering his geography teachings to glare at Molo. "Quiet, prisoner," he said, giving Molo a good push. To come this close to escaping only to have the cursed kid blow it all now...

Endesu
ラムレッダ

>_>

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Aug 14, 2002 8:46 pm

Okan sighed, looking to Seph, once more. "Well, seeing as how you are the RED MAGE, with an Intelligence level supposedly FAR above mine, I'd figure that you would know this one, Mage..."

A group of guards began to assemble behind the trio now, and they seemed rather impatient. "Hurry up, you idiots! We don't have all freakin' day!"

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: >_>

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Aug 14, 2002 8:47 pm

"Um. . .14 is my lucky number." Molo said, scratching his head. "Would that work? I'm not sure. . .this is a hard question. Who measures a country with their foot?"

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Aug 14, 2002 8:51 pm

Okan bapped Molo across the head lightly. "Would you STOP TALKING already?! You're not helping this situation any."

".. situation? I thought you were simply trying to get out for an execution." The questionkeeper smirked slightly, if suspiciously.

".. uh, yeah, well, what I meant to say was.."

(OOC: Post 777! Wooh!)

Edited by: Crawling Reshiki at: 8/15/02 12:52:14 am

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Aug 14, 2002 8:54 pm

Molo turned around quickly, struggling to do so without his disguise falling off. "How nosy! If you think you're so good, what's the answer to this question!? Er...I mean. . .don't tell it! Please! Because then they'll have to kill me! NOOOOOOO!" he shouted painfully, throwing himself to the ground and writhing.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Molo..

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Aug 14, 2002 8:57 pm

A few of the guards behind them snickered slightly at this deplay, while Okan could only growl to himself, having had a full load of Molo's 'tendencies'.

".. must.. resist.. urge.. to.. kill.. over-acting.. idiot.."

The questionkeeper looked at Molo critically. "He's very.. emotional for a soon-to-be-executed prisoner. They've usually lost their will to live by now.. have you two been riling him up?!"

Edited by: Crawling Reshiki at: 8/15/02 4:29:46 am

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: Molo..

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Aug 15, 2002 6:41 pm

"My mom told me to be strong to the very end!" he stared at the guards. "Plus, there's still always a chance I can escape!" He looked up to Okan, with a look in his eyes that let the dragoon know that Molo was growing restless. He motioned over to the questionkeeper. . .totally disregarding the dozen guards behind them. What was he up to this time?

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:22 pm

"Molokidan.." Okan hissed tightly. ".. Do not ruin this for us.. we have only one chance to make this.."

"Speak up!" The questionkeeper barked, and more guards appeared at the end of the hallway. "We'll hear what you and the prisoner are whispering about.. planning to work with the prisoner, or something of that sort?!"

"Oh, no, no.." Okan sweated heavily now. "I was just.. uh, threatening him!"

"Threatening him?"

"Threatening him SILENTLY! Under my breath! It's so bad that I must WHISPER it to him lest my fellow guards tremble in fear!"

"At simple WORDS?!"

"Well, they're BAD words.."

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: ...

Unread postby Molokidan » Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:26 pm

"Ohhhhhhh yes!" Molo stammered. "These words would make the devil pee his pants! They're horrible, terrible words. . .ohhhhhhhh!" he said, beginning to writhe on the floor. "By the time we get through this door, I WON'T be too young to die!"

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Enjoying this, Molo?

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:39 pm

"Are you serious?!" The questionkeeper regarded Okan with a bit of fear in his eyes. "Words of curse?! You know them?!"

"Indeed I do!" Okan stammered slightly as he spoke, and he turned to Molo. "OK, follow my lead and we'll get out of this one alive, since our Mage companion is a bit less then useless at this point."

"Daeh no ruoy llaf!!" Okan shouted, pointing at Molokidan.

Edited by: Crawling Reshiki at: 8/16/02 3:58:55 am

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Of Course!

Unread postby Molokidan » Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:09 am

"Err. . ." Molokidan had no idea what Okan just insinuated to him.

Had Molo not been wearing a wig, he would have scratched his head. But, alas, he was, thus, he just stood there and stared blankly at Okan. As he did so, his eyes were mesmorized by the prison's drab, dirty wall, grey and brown, two colors, that, thanks to his genes, made him extremely dizzy when mixed. He soon realized that he was losing feeling in his legs, and promptly fell flat on his face, inadvertendly fulfilling the task that Okan secretly asked him to do. We just thank the prison for being so dirty, and Molo for being so damn stupid.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

... I love it when a plan comes together!

Unread postby Endesu » Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:16 am

"AHH!" The questionkeeper appeared frightened, stepping aside. "Good Riva.. don't harm us! Please! We will let you pass with the prisoner!"

The Dragoon guards backed away, and the door finally swung open. The door, to freedom.

"... finally." Okan sighed slightly, and he jerked Molo up onto his feet. "Come, PRISONER, we have to.."

At that very moment, Molo's disguise promptly fell off.

The guards stood there for a moment, staring at Molokidan, then Okan, and finally Seph.

".... HE'S ONE OF THE PRISONERS WHO WAS BROUGHT IN TODAY!"

Okan paused for thought, then turned to his companions. "Run."

Red Seph

Re: ... I love it when a plan comes together!

Unread postby Red Seph » Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:21 am

A reasonable enough plan of action, but Seph could take it a step further. Flames sprang from the ground in front of the guards behind them as Seph turned and made a few hasty gestures. He hadn't expected to make it even this far under their disguise, but now their only chance was to outrun the dragoons...

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: ... I love it when a plan comes together!

Unread postby Molokidan » Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:05 pm

"Run!? Run WHERE?!" Molo said, packed between Okan and Seph in the tight tunnel. "Aw, man, I hate this part." he mumbled, transforming his Chopstick Katanas from the small wooden chopsticks they appeared to be. "Um, this is bad, I think."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

.. so much for the plan.

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Aug 20, 2002 1:49 am

Okan growled tightly as he backed away into the open space beyond the tunnel.

... Riva. Riva itself. Specifically, the town of Blahrg.

And here they were, in the center of it, with guards approaching from a tunnel that apparently led underground, and more guards approaching all around them.

".... well, any ideas, gentlemen?" Okan coughed, as he looked at the tightening circle that was closing in.. the flames that Seph had set did little to halt the movement of the guards from the tunnel, after all..

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: .. so much for the plan.

Unread postby Molokidan » Tue Aug 20, 2002 12:57 pm

"Um. . .I'm hungry." Molo said softly.

Red Seph

Re: .. so much for the plan.

Unread postby Red Seph » Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:06 pm

"Dammit," Seph muttered, glancing around at the approaching guards. Too many to fight, and too many to escape from.

"Well, friends," he said quietly, still warily eyeing the guards. "It was an admirable effort, certainly. Even if they don't kill us here in the street, we are not getting another chance at escape from our execution." He left it at that. Taking a deep breath, he began to gather magical energies, preparing to loose a lightning bolt at the first dragoon that got too close.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Here goes nothing..

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Aug 20, 2002 6:52 pm

Okan suddenly grabbed both Seph and Molokidan tightly around the waist and made a strong grip on the two of them. "Hold on.."

He had trained for years and years to become the best of the best, to establish what Riva was possible of doing, and he was not about to be outdone by his murderous bretheren. It was with this thought in mind that he began to gather his strength together. He had no free arm for his lance, but he would have no need for it here...

With that thought, he Jumped with as much force as possible, easily clearing the ring of Dragoons that had trapped them in. All too quickly, several of the Dragoons followed, lances readied for impaling. Okan was severely hindered already by his two companions, so he found it impossible to attack them, at all.

"Seph.. Molokidan! If any of the guards get too close, attack them.. or we'll never make it out of this alive...!"

Red Seph

The secret to flying is to fall and miss the ground.

Unread postby Red Seph » Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:23 pm

Seph's mind slowly registered the fact that, not only was Okan holding him by the waist, he was also flying through the air. Finally remembering that Okan was a dragoon himself, he shook his head and concentrated on the dragoons in pursuit. It was going to be difficult to aim like this, but his choices were obviously quite limited.

"Keep your heads down!" he yelled, recalling the lightning bolt he had been preparing. A stream of energy flew forth from his fingers a moment later, heading in the direction of one of the rapidly approaching dragoons.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

I am Buzz Lightyear, of Spa -- oh, wait a minute.

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:54 pm

Okan ducked his head as much as he could as Seph tossed the bolt of lightning - it instantly hit one of the approaching Dragoons, shocking them severely, and sending them plummeting downward.

During this time, though, several others came around and rammed in towards Okan, and several lances readied in preparation of an attack on the trio.

Red Seph

Re: I am Buzz Lightyear, of Spa -- oh, wait a minute.

Unread postby Red Seph » Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:03 pm

Seph grinned at the falling dragoon, a bit surprised at the hit. The dragoons were too close to prepare another spell now, however. He raised his sword and prepared to beat back the attackers.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: I am Buzz Lightyear, of Spa -- oh, wait a minute.

Unread postby Molokidan » Wed Aug 21, 2002 2:38 am

"Aw man, this is bad!" Molo said, blindly wacking at the dragoons as best he could with Okan's hand around his waist. "Um. . .let's get to the ground!! And fast!!"

Endesu
ラムレッダ

... thanks, Molo.

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Aug 24, 2002 2:53 am

"That shouldn't be a problem." A voice growled out from above. The trio briefly paused their counterattack to look upwards.. they couldn't see much of the owner of the voice, but they could make out a rough suit of Dragoon armor, plated in gold.

This same figure in golden plated armor came crashing down into Okan, cutting off part of his trajectory and sending him flying down through the group of approaching Dragoons, knocking a few of them offbalance. Seph and Molo could only hold on for dear life as Okan used his control of air current to slow his fall downward..

.. but as he did so, the same dragoon came rushing down at them again. "You should have allowed yourself to die - now you will suffer for your impertinence!" He snarled and swung the point of his lance directly at Molokidan.. but Okan, not giving a moment for Molo to attempt to defend, swung his body into the path of the weapon.

It struck and drove into his shoulder. The armor was sliced off easily, and the flesh mostly cleaved off. The wounded Dragoon bled from there now, and now he began his plunge downward, weakened from that single hit.

The gold dragoon and the others had disappeared for the time being..

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

We have a big problem! Actually, it's more like me. ..

Unread postby Molokidan » Sat Aug 24, 2002 10:27 pm

"OKAN!!" Molo shouted, Okan's blood dripping into the air behind them. He stared, wide-eyed, at his dragoon companion as they plummetted towards the ground. . . "I. . .I. . ." he looked down. "I don't have time for mushy goodbyes!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=molokidan>Molokidan</A]&nbsp; Image at: 8/25/02 6:54:25 am

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Okan's last moments?

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Aug 25, 2002 3:04 am

Okan coughed slightly as he continued to plummet downward, oblivious to Molokidan's cries.. finally, the wind snapped him back into attention, and he caught himself slightly.

He was still off, but he was able to think straight now, and he quickly spoke to Molo and Seph. ".. alright, you two. I am going to go into a more laid-back position, and I want you both to sit on my back and hold on tightly. Once you do that, I'm going to attempt to veer back. Hopefully, it will make our landing that much easier.." He coughed slightly.

"... once we do hit ground, it will be a rough landing.. hopefully, the two of you can stop whatever is at work here.. but I doubt that I will be able to be with you for long.."

The ground was within mere minutes of impact..

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

:(

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Aug 25, 2002 3:08 am

Molo began to sob, turning over on Okan's back. "Okan. . ." he said softly. "You can't die. . .you can't. . . .. . .!!"

Red Seph

Re: Okan's last moments?

Unread postby Red Seph » Sun Aug 25, 2002 3:32 am

"Dammit, enough with the sentiment, both of you!" Seph cried out of anger, and perhaps something else. "I, I can heal you, remember?" Just live through the fall! he added to himself grimly.

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: Okan's last moments?

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Aug 25, 2002 12:51 pm

"D. . .don't you have a barrier spell or something?!" Molo shouted, as their fall came close to a climax. "AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Thud.

Unread postby Endesu » Sun Aug 25, 2002 1:06 pm

Okan chuckled slightly. "Sorry, Mage.." As their impact came closer and closer, he smiled inwardly. "Losing my reason, I guess...."

They were now coming upon a range of wild grass in a field that apparently surrounded the town they had just been in. The Tower could faintly be seen in the distance, but it was all too far away now.

.. BAMF!

Okan smashed down into the ground with enough force to throw Seph and Molokidan away. He himself sank into the ground slowly, crumpling up slightly, before falling to his side. From movement, he wouldn't seem to have suffered all that many injuries, but a fine puddle of blood was forming beneath him now..

Molokidan
Yomigaeta Sushijin

Re: Thud.

Unread postby Molokidan » Sun Aug 25, 2002 1:09 pm

"NO!! OKAN!!" Molo shouted, landing smack onto Seph with a thud. "Ow."

He jumped up quickly, and ran over to Okan, who was promptly wheezing, coughing, and doing all that dying stuff.

Molo, not one for the dying option, quickly grabbed onto Okan's armor and ripped it off, trying to give the poor dragoon some chest room. "Breathe, Okan, breathe! DON'T DIE!! SEPH!!" he shouted, removing the front of Okan's armor, allowing the man to breathe and struggle. . .at least a little better than he was already doing.

"You saved my life. . .if you die, I'm going to be really angry!"

Red Seph

Re: Thud.

Unread postby Red Seph » Sun Aug 25, 2002 3:29 pm

Seph lifted himself off the ground, groaning from the impact of the fall and Molo. The sound of Okan's gasps shook him into quick action, and he rushed to the fallen warrior's side.

"Step back, Molo!" he ordered, placing his hands over Okan's wounds, a few centimeters above his body. Closing his eyes and concentrating, he began channeling his own spiritual energies into Okan's body, hopefully repairing his injuries. "You're not done yet, Dragoon," he said quietly. "We wouldn't want to make the kid angry now..."

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs