The Trancendance [Freestyle RP - Closed]

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
JoshuaDurron

Re: The Trancendance [Freestyle RP - Closed]

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:45 pm

Baron

Mobiar finished gathering his things, and strode out the door. Whether the two men would follow him was up to them.

Valth

Mobion continued to think carefully. "It's just that I don't think humans have named anything after dragons, or other such creatures, for a long time. And I doubt that they would have resumed the practice after the damage caused by creating them-" Suddenly, he stoped talking, as if realizing he could be talking about something he shouldn't.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:28 pm

Defron quickly followed Mobiar.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:09 pm

Mobiar shot Defron a quick glance. "Do you even know who you are following, or what you are walking into?"

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:16 pm

"No, but it's find out know, or be surpised later." Defron replied.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:19 pm

Mobiar sighed. "Probably, yes."
"Fine. I'll tell you two enough to go on. First, from the arrival of Void Snakes at the point where I landed on this world, I would gather that there is enough stray energy being put out by myself to begin reordering the nature of life on this planet. Quite litterally, my presence here is bending creatures that are otherwise normal into creatures resembling my forerunners."

((OOC: I am assuming that Culat has followed as well, for now.))

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sun Nov 10, 2002 7:34 pm

Valth

Rena crossded her arms over he chest and tapped her foot. "This conversation is getting rather dull..." Rena let her arms hang at her hips again and shrugged. "Oh well, beats sitting around doing nothing."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:18 pm

Mobion looked over at Rena. "I'm sorry. Perhaps you were hoping for more interesting conversation from an intergalactic traveler?"

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Nov 11, 2002 4:22 am

[Valth]

End's draconic tail thumped against the ground steadily. He obviously had no idea what the hell this guy was trying to get across.

Well, whatever.

"That's nice. So, about this truck.. does it move?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:56 am

Mobion stepped back a few steps, reached down and grabbed a portion of the frame. The then proceeded to lift the entire thing one handed and look underneath it.
"Well, it's not rooted to the ground. Everything looks like it would run. I could probably figure out some way to drive it, given a little time. Fuel is the only problem I could think up for it."
He returned the truck to it's resting place very gently, and turned back to find Sethrik staring at him open mouthed.
"Wow," the Nekojin exclaimed, "My dad says that ten men together couldn't lift that..."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:29 pm

[Valth]

".... er... so this thing need something to make it go?" End scratched his head. "So it's not just a robot, like the ones that were on Draco, and were all dead and stuff?"

He scratched his head.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:06 pm

"It requires fuel to burn, yes. To say that it is dead would be something of an untruth, as it was never alive to begin with. It is a machine, much like a robot, but not nearly as advanced."

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:29 pm

Valth

Rena blinked bending over trying to stretch out. After a bit of squirming she sighed and continued listening to them talk about the truck. Seeing as how she didnt really have anything to ask she might as well.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:44 pm

Biram looked up at Rena. "Not very interesting, is it?"

Yari Koneko

Unread postby Yari Koneko » Tue Nov 12, 2002 7:01 pm

Culat had followed somewhat wordlessly, odd for him unless he was pondering something. Pondering something important.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Nov 12, 2002 7:46 pm

Mobiar stopped his explaination long enough to look at Culat. "Something bothering you?"

Yari Koneko

Unread postby Yari Koneko » Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:34 pm

Baron

Culat thought for a moment, as if remembering what he was thinking about. He turned, somewhat awkwardly to Defron. "Who has the food rations? I'm starved."

IM: If the mere presense of him mutates natural creatures... he's either just extremely powerful, some sort of demigod or...

Culat swallowed, though this could easily be interpreted as another sign of hunger.

IM: Or else a full one.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:43 pm

Mobiar took Culat's statement at face value, and continued his explaination. "However, I myself don't have the correct forms of power to create Void Snakes without a great ammount of concious thought. My brother does. The only conclusion I can reach is that he has persued me here, with the intent of taking me back with him. While I don't intend to let him do that, I do have to get him to leave the planet as soon as possible, so as to prevent further damage to this world."

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:06 pm

[OOC: sorry for not posting, my comp broke, it took me a bit to fix.]

Defron looked at Culat and said, "I do..."

He handed Culat a main meal food ration and said, "Here this is a large one. Well large for food rations."

Defron looked at Mobiar, "Do you know where your brother is. We might be able to help you return your brother to his planet."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:11 pm

Mobiar looked at Defron. "No, I don't know exactly where he is. If I had a map of your world, I might be able to indicate a general area. But I doubt you could convince him to return to Mars. Or even Earth, for that matter."

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:24 pm

"I'm sure that that words or swords will get him back." Defron said.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:29 pm

Mobiar's expresion became ammused. "Would words or swords drive you back to a planet that has been reduced to an airless cloud of rubble?"

Yari Koneko

Unread postby Yari Koneko » Fri Nov 15, 2002 6:28 pm

Culat stared in disbelief.

IM: Demigods, most definitely.

He took the food, inspected it closely, and then began to munch as he walked, sharing some with Vorit.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:01 pm

"I'll take your silence as a no. And quite frankly, I don't blame you. But understand that fighting with my brother is the last thing I would want to do. It was our last battle that caused our worlds to become what they are today. I refuse to be responsible for such a catastrophy again. Yet every moment one of us is here, we threaten your world. It is imperative that I find him, and convince him to leave, while retaining my own freedom."

Yari Koneko

Unread postby Yari Koneko » Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:24 am

Culat did speak up at this. "Firstly: how can you convince him to leave? Wouldn't it just result in another battle where he tries to take you with him? Secondly: is it just one of you that poses the threat to our world, both of you together, just him, or each of you individually? Thirdly: why can't you go back with him? It seems a... well... skewed version of a sibling's tendancy to be protective... in short, what is your problem with him?"

Culat figured that while the stranger was being so open-mouthed, he might as well get more answers.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Nov 16, 2002 1:46 pm

Mobiar smiled. "I see you're the thinking one. To answer each of your questions in the most simple manner: First, my brother fancies himself a defender of order, regardless of how destructive that order is. But if I can show him that he's disrupting order, then I can convince him to leave, and then hopefully escape him as I did before.
"As for which of us poses a threat to your world, I would guess that either one of us remaining here would be a threat to your ecosystem.
"Third, I refuse to go back with him because I refuse to spend the rest of eternity isolated in the great beyond simply because I haven't found a place where I can live in peace yet."

Yari Koneko

Unread postby Yari Koneko » Sat Nov 16, 2002 2:25 pm

Culat's expression was difficult to fathom. "So, your brother wishes to take you with him to the great beyond, because he feels that your presence on this, or any, planet disrupts the natural order?"

Culat recalled something then, a memory of long ago: a saying of an old man, born of another world, spoken on another plane. "Any conflict is a triple-edged sword: the edge of one side, the edge of another, and the edge of the truth. And you, Culat Heton, must strive for the third edge."

Why had it come to his mind just then? Culat didn't know. Nevertheless, he lived by what he called "the third edge," and another principle was necessary for it, which was to recognize the perspective of all who tell. Whether the holiest warrior or the most depraved fiend, each only spoke from their own paradigm.

Edited by: Yari Koneko at: 11/16/02 1:28:09 pm

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Nov 16, 2002 4:44 pm

Mobiar's expression deepened. "There's more to it than that. But I don't wish to take the time to explain. Do you still want to go looking for him with me?"

Yari Koneko

Unread postby Yari Koneko » Sat Nov 16, 2002 6:55 pm

"I am unsure," Culat said slowly, "that finding him would help anything. As far as I can see, avoiding him would be the best solution."

Culat thought a moment more and said, "Our ecosystem isn't really too badly at risk; it's survived more drastic shocks than void snakes. However, should you two meeting again result in massive flaming destruction, however unlikely, I think that that should be avoided at all costs. And I'm guessing that some working of your brother's prevents you from leaving while he's still here?"

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Nov 16, 2002 7:26 pm

Defron had been standing there taking all of this in, and trying to make sence of it.

"Well it seems then, that not only should we help you run from your brother, but also find you a world which has an ecosytem so closely related to your's that you won't disturb it. I don't know how to do this last part, but..., I'll do my best to help you. Because as far as I know you are the one being wronged. I'm sure your brother would disagree completly, but for now I have only one-half the story and that half I will act on untill such time as I am given the other half." Defron said.

He shifted his weight, looked at Culat and Mobiar, and got out another ration pack. "Are you two still hungry, we should eat before we travel."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:40 pm

Mobiar shook his head. "I'm not hungry anymore. But perhaps you are right. I'm not sure how much farther your world will change, but perhaps it can withstand the shock of our presence for a few days. As for leaving... well, that is a bit more difficult. Any attempt to leave on my own power my brother would immediately detect. Has anyone ever left your world in some other manner?"

Yari Koneko

Unread postby Yari Koneko » Sun Nov 17, 2002 7:37 pm

Culat thought, and said between bites, "There are probably a hundred ways of leaving this planet using some outside force; there's an island somewhere that teleports you to anywhere you want (OOC: see Transit, Offworlders RP), *munch munch* with a lot of work and much danger you could get someplace else on the plane of dreams (OOC: as did Enlil, CP's char), you could try to get some of the gods to help you... you get the idea. The problem is this: finding said world. The ability to travel doesn't get you a thing if you don't know where you're going. Nevertheless, I shall help as well."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Nov 17, 2002 9:22 pm

"Where would the best place to learn about other worlds be? Do you have a technologically advanced place with good astronomy?"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=joshuadurron>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 11/17/02 8:23:09 pm

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Mon Nov 18, 2002 12:18 am

Valth.

End had spent more time looking the truck over. He nodded for a moment, in agreeal of whatever was last said, and then finally..

"Okay. Let's ride this thing, then! Might as well see how it moves out."

Yari Koneko

Unread postby Yari Koneko » Mon Nov 18, 2002 5:21 pm

Baron

Culat paused. "Well," he said at length, "if anywhere, you'd want to try the largest kingdom around, which is Doma, or the technologically advanced country of Valth, they might have something. Also, as I remember, there was a Valthi man who rediscovered the plane of dreams (OOC: kudos to Captain Pervy); he might be able to tell you something and possibly give you the ability to leave this place. So, we'd probably want to head for Valth."

(OOC: *winces* ooh, this might not end well... still, as far as Culat knows, that's the best solution...)

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:00 pm

((OOC: ::performs evil GM handrubbing:: Both Koneko and End have performed beautifully, their actions just as I have forseen... um... ignore that. Yes, ignore that.))

Valth

Sethrik and Biram protested some, but somehow or another Mobion was able to persuade Srisha to loan them the car in exchange for some artifacts he had been showing them the night before. They laid in a good supply of fuel, as Mobion explained his goals behind the trip. "I need to find someone. My brother, to be specific. I anticipate the best place to find him being wherever there is alot of people. Sethrik's family told me that would be a place called Doma. If you're familar with the way, we can head there." He paused to look over his shoulder at Rena. "Would you like to accompany us?"

Baron

Mobiar looked curiosly at Culat. "Plane of dreams? Sounds like an interesting place. And I agree with you. The most technologically advanced place is probably the best place to head. Do you know how to get there?"

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:43 pm

Valth

Rena ran a hand through her hair silently and looked over the truck. "Well I may as well, theres nothing much to do here anyway. So sure, I'll join you." She walked over to truck and looked over it. "Where shall I sit?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:53 pm

The truck was fairly simple in construction. No different than an 80's earth truck. There were three seats, though the moogle would hardly occupied a full seat.
"Take the left hand side. You," he pointed at End, "can ride center, and watch me at the controls. I think I've got them figured out. Once you catch on, you can try it out."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Nov 20, 2002 2:49 am

Valth.

"Right." End nodded, climbing into the center seat a bit unsteadily. "Man.. weird. Feels so.. squishy. Like it's melting or something."

The moogle shifted slightly on the seat, obviously not used to cushioning. "I wonder how people get used to riding on this?.."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:43 am

"Practice, most likely."
Mobion began revving the vehicle up, and once the engine was started, he slowly maneuvered it out from the house.
"Um... which direction is Doma in, anyways?"

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:48 am

"That's offly far off. Don't you think with that much travling it is more probable that you will run into your brother? We should find the closest place to leave." Defron said.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs