The Trancendance [Freestyle RP - Closed]

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
JoshuaDurron

The Trancendance [Freestyle RP - Closed]

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:20 am

((If you REALLY want in, please put a reply on the OOC thread on the OOC forum, and tell me about your character, and tell me WHY I should let you pathetic scum in. Otherwise, please just read and enjoy, or ignore entirly. Thank you for your cooperation.))

I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that my enemy would not be left behind, as I had planned.
He was right behind me as we went hurtling through the star filled expanse.
Our paths began to diverge, and I must admit to some aprehnsion as to the fate of my rival.
I know my fears are best left alone.
And so I close, hoping that what has been written
is truely the end.

JoshuaDurron

Re: The Trancendance [Freestyle RP - Closed]

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:40 am

Baron

The guard captian stood looking out from the fortifications of Gungnir. It was a quiet night. In fact, most of the late night shifts were quiet. He liked it like that.
Several of his men were clustered together a few feet behind him, playing some dice game. He really didn't care. There had been little trouble there of late, and the day had been rough, seeing both an inspection from Castle Baron, and a surprise attack drill. The captian thought it best to let the men relax.
He took a few moments to gaze up at the stars, wondering at their beauty. It was at that moment that he noticed it. A star falling from the sky. He smiled.
One of the men behind him took note, and stood for a better veiw. "Look, mates," the man declared, "tis a shooting star! A child born tonight is under a lucky omen indeed."
For a few moments, the guards watched the star in silence. Then most of them went back to their game. The captian continued to watch in silence. It was unusual for shooting stars to last so long...
Two minutes after he first spotted the star, it was apparent to the captian that the falling star would strike ground. An unusual occurence. Very unusual. It bothered him. Was there some mage up to mischif out there?
The falling star struck a minute later, between the fort and the Isalia ruins. The captian quickly called his men together. Five minutes later, they made a sally out from the fort in the direction of the fallen star.

It was almost morning when they reached it. The captian was tired, and he was sure his men were as well. But when they finally reached the crater, what they found brought them fully awake.
It was the darkest moment before dawn. And from the still-smouldering crater arose a vision from nightmares. We've all seen them, at least once in our lives. Shadowed figures, and glowing eyes. Eyes that stare at us with a gaze that turns out blood to stone. And from the darkness come reaching, grasping, rending, tearing things. Things that grab us and tear our dreams away, that rip our thoughts from our head and leave nothing but fear, things that take all we hold dear and leave terror in their wake.
Such was the thing that the Gungnir guards faced that night. And as the captian lay on the ground, his life bleeding out with the rest of his men, he couldn't help thinking that any child born that night was born under an ill omen indeed.

The creature looked about at it's opponets. They weren't even worth mentioning when it came to fighting skill. He picked up one of their cloaks and threw it over his back, this with some difficulty. He now appeared to be some sort of hunch-back, except he stood far, far to tall. The figure then shuffled off into the countryside.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/ujoshuadurron.showPublicProfile?language=EN>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 10/9/02 2:56:27 pm

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:15 am

Valth

Menkaruse was a fairly quiet place. It was somewhat far from the rages of the war, and quite near the mountains.
Biram was out playing in the garden that morning, when his friend Sethrik came to meet him. "Hey Biram!" Sethrik cried. "Ya gotta minute?" Biram looked up at his Nekojin friend. His parrents didn't like it when the human boy associated with non-humans. Something about "pure blood". Biram didn't really care. Sethrik was fun. "Sure, Sethrik! What's goin on?"
The Nekojin crouched down next to Biram. "I got someone I want you to meet. He came out of the mountains last night. He's a real star-person!"
Biram snorted. "A star-person? Don't be rediculous. Those are just ledgendes." Biram was only ten, but he knew the difference between real magic, and magical beings, and those that existed only in legend, such as the beings who supposedly danced in the sky and gave light to the world at night.
"Maybe," Sethrik replied, "But he doesn't look like any creature I've ever seen. And he claims he was the shooting star we saw fall into the mountains last night."
Biram frowned. He had seen that star falling last night. But what of it? "Sethrik, a person would have to travel really fast to get here that fast. The star fell really far away."
"I know, I know. Just come see him, OK?"
Biram sighed. "OK, just give me a second to get my shoes back on."

Sethrik's house wasn't all that big. It had two bedrooms and a main sitting room. And the figure that sat in the main room seemed to fill half the house. It leaned down to look closer at Biram. The being felt safe, as if it was there to see that all was put straight, inspite of it's huge and monsterous appearance. It also looked very tired.
Sethrik turned to look at Biram. "See? Ever seen a person like that?"
Biram shook his head. "No. It's nothing like I've ever seen before. But is it a star-person? I'm not sure."
Sethrik nodded. "Neither am I. But it seems to think it is. Mommy says were not supposed to talk to it, though. Or bother it to much. We should probably go back outside."
The two ten year old boys turned and wandered back outside, moving through the market place and talking about what the weird creature in the Nekojin's house.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Wed Oct 09, 2002 6:50 pm

Baron

In the darkness, a mid-sized person walked on the streets. Torchlight revealed him to be a middle-aged man, with brown hair and eyes, scrub-bearded, and holding what looked to be a very small pearly-white dragon, and a number of books.

Culat Heton was strolling through the streets of Baron, having just returned from another long day at a random library, studying all they had to offer. Aside from the usual idiotic romance novels, there were some interesting ones, a few on the history of Baron, one on temporal magic, and a couple on signs and portents. Libraries were a vast source of knowledge, usually never completely absorbed.

The baby Celestial dragon, Vorit, was quietly sleeping in his arms, having been bored silly by fortune-telling stuff, as Vorit called it.

A shooting star appeared overhead; a sign. Theories conflicted about shooting stars; some said that they were comets, others told of Celestials crashing to earth. Well, Culat had met a few of those, and none of them came hurtling to earth as a comet.

Nevertheless, the shooting star was a sign of good fortune... usually. As it continued its path through the sky, it became clear that it was indeed something crashing to earth.

Culat swiftly changed direction, heading toward what he predicted would be the landing site. First-hand experience beat reading a book any time.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:27 pm

Baron

Defron stood there watching the star fall all the way to the ground. When it finally struck down Defron knew no good could come of it. He quickly ran inside to prepare for a fight. There was no doubt in his mind that he would be in a couple of fights before this was over.

He entered his house, and passed by a mirror. The man that looked back at him, was all to familiar. The neon-green eyes stared back at him. "Why, why," Defron thought as he looked at his eyes, "stop you must find what crashed."

Defron went grabbed a pair of sunglasses, his Katana, and a long Trenchcoat to conceal the sword, and the last item was a small bag with some food rations in it. With his things gathered he ventured out to the location of the crash.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/ugeocsuppi.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Geocsuppi</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/10/02 1:38:30 am

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:24 am

Valth

Rena wasn't the type to intrude onto others business unless she was curious about something. And at the moment this talk of a star person had her quite curious. She giggled quietly to herself as she walked out in front of the two young boys from a nearby alleyway.

"Hey you there!" She pointed down at the kids smiling, her fangs showing somewhat. "What is this talk about a star person?" She was accustomed to the multiple glances she gets from nearby men when she appears in the middle of a town. Her red eyes were locked onto the two boys, and quite a few eyes of passing by men were locked onto her.

(( Bahhh I can't think of a super fancy intro -.- ))

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/uargusdevilmen.showPublicProfile?language=EN>ArgusDevilmen</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/10/02 5:24:27 am

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:45 pm

((AD: It's cool. Don't need to be all fancy and stuff, just get your character in there.))

Baron

Two figures hurried down the road towards the fallen star. Culat and Defron ran into each other as they got about two miles from the city. As day began to break, they could see another figure aproaching them in the distance. They continue walking down the road, in the direction of the fallen star, and the approaching person.

Valth

The two boys looked up at the strange woman. Sethrik looked somewhat edgy for a moment. "Um... welll..."
Biram broke in. "There's a guy at Sethrik's house," here the boy pointed at his friend for emphasis, "Who says he was the star we saw fall in the mountains last night."
Sethrik nudged Biram, and muttered, "Shh... it's supposed to be a secret."
Biram snorted. "Don't worry about it. I like her. She's pretty!"

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:02 pm

Valth

Rena smiled a bit as the boys started to tell her what was going on. She spun a her heel chuckling as she stopped the spin facing the boys again.
"Oh you don't need to keep any secrets from me!"
She winked at the young boys and kneeled down to look at them closer. Still smiling, she looked over at Sethrik with.
"Would you be nice enough to tell me where your house is little one? I'd love to meet this star-person..."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:05 pm

Valth

Sethrik seemed edgy. "I dunno... mommy says we're not supposed to bother him to much..."
Barim nudged the other boy. "Common, Sethrik, we can at least ask!"
Sethrik sighed. "Alright. But we're just gonna ask, OK? If she says no, we should probably leave her alone. She's still kinda nervous about it."
Barim nodded reluctantly, then started to walk off. "Come on, lady, it's this way."

((I'll give End a little time to come in and introduce himself here. Then we'll move the scene to Sethrik's house.))

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:00 pm

On the Road to Valth

Roughly some time after his last talk with Enlil, End had become a bit curious about something Will had pointed out on that weird planet -- trucks. He could remember Will telling himt hat there were trucks in Valth, as well.

He didn't have much to go on, but after some of the stuff that had happened recently, he figured that this could be a good little vacation from Doma. And so he went on his way... coming closer with each step.

(Sorry it sucks. =P Just an intro post)

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:01 pm

Baron

Culat did not need speak a word, perhaps to ask the man's name, his purpose mayhap?

His purpose was all too apparent. Given his appearance, he had set out extremely quickly, armed and ready for a fight.

And heading in the direction of the meteor... well, it was all too obvious. But one thing was for certain: this one knew something he didn't. Culat inquired, pretty much as a matter of form, "Good sir, what might your name be?"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 10/10/02 9:02:05 pm

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:11 pm

Baron

"My name is Defron. I suggest you prepare your self. Even if this person ahead of us does not have evil intensions precautions should be made." Defron said this as he walked; his voice was low and deep. Defron never changed his paced, and never looked at Culat.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/ugeocsuppi.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Geocsuppi</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/11/02 12:35:28 am

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Fri Oct 11, 2002 4:29 am

End was getting tired of this.. he had been treading the same path for only what.. a day now? It was already wearing on his patience, something that he did not have much of to begin with.

This thought in mind, End took sight of the boundaries just in the distance.. and Jumped.

He landed somewhere in the middle of Valth, his head buried into the ground.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Oct 11, 2002 10:35 am

Valth

Young children do not have much of an attention span, even when it comes to people from stars. So it was that, as Biram hurried to lead the others to Sethrik's house, he got completely distracted by the sight of what appeared to be Moogle hind-quarters sticking out of the ground.
He quickly hurried over to investigate, Sethrik and the lady following behind. At once, as if by common concent, Sethrik and Biram grabbed one arm each and pulled, extracting the half burried creature from the ground.
Biram looked concerned. "Are you alright, mister?"

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:39 am

Baron

Culat nodded. He awakened Vorit and bent low to the ground. "Wait for a moment." he said. Be began chanting over the dusty road. A thin pilliar of dirt spiked up and formed a long spear. Carrying it in one hand, he had a brief discussion with Vorit as to the stranger and what was going on.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:13 am

Baron

"It is my turn to ask you and your friend's name." Defron said.

[OOC: Sorry can't think of anything else right now.]

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sat Oct 12, 2002 8:58 am

Valth

Rena followed the boys, stopping when they did. She had never seen a moogle before and was quite surprised. Rubbing her forehead she walked over behind the boys. "So, who's this? A friend of yours?"

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:46 am

Baron

"I am Culat Heton, and this is Vorit. Pleased to meet you."

Seeing the figure approaching them, he said, "Halt! Who goes there?"

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Oct 12, 2002 1:52 pm

End felt himself being hoisted out of the ground. He could hear a bunch of words around him, but he was mostly ignoring them.. he had the taste of dirt in his mouth.. he HATED dirt..

"@!#$%#@!!!!"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:46 pm

Valth

"Uh-uh," Biram answered Rena.
"Never seen him before," Sethrik added.
Both boys jumped at the sudden burst of profanity from the moogle.
"Uhhh.... Are you alright?" Biram asked.

Baron

The figure approaching the trio on the road answered in an odd, deep voice, "There are a number of dead men on the road up ahead. Something seems to have hit the road there with a magical force. I would suggest that you turn back and return to the city."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:49 pm

"@!#$ NO, DO I #$!@ING LOOK LIKE I'M ALRIGHT, YOU @!#$!?! Ovo" End responded, trying to spit all of the dirt out of his mouth.

Little @!#$s..

Edited by: Crawling Reshiki at: 10/12/02 6:49:44 pm

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:53 pm

"Um..." Biram looked uncomfortable.
"Maybe we should take him to my house," Sethrik put in. "Mom says it's becoming a holding pen for people falling out of the sky anyway. And it sure looks like he fell out of the sky too."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:59 pm

"What are you little @!#$s planning.. >V>" End growled, shaking himself a little bit. "This is Valth, right?"

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:59 pm

Culat smirked. "That, stranger, is why we're here. Or at least why I'm here."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:04 pm

Valth

Biram nodded to the moogle. "Yup, this is Valth. Ignore him," he pointed at Sethrik, "he doesn't think much. Are ya looking for something?" For the moment, taking the pretty lady to Sethrik's to meet the star-person had been forgotten.

Baron

"It's why your here?" the figure asked. "What is that supposed to mean?"

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:07 pm

"Yeah, I was looking for trucks. You guys have trucks, right?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:11 pm

Valth

The two children looked at each other.
Biram shrugged, an eloquent 'I dunno' geture.
Sethrik shook his head. "My dad might know where to find one."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:15 pm

-_-'

"@!#$.. I came for nothin', then. Oh well, cya." End turned and began to walk off.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:56 pm

Valth

Sethrik jumped forward, using his superior agility to scamper around the moogle and get in front of him.
"Wait!" He exclaimed. "My dad's a foreman with one of the local corporations. He works with all kinds of stuff. I dunno what a truck is, but if there's one here, it would have to come in through him. We're going to my house now, you can come if you want..."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/ujoshuadurron.showPublicProfile?language=EN>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 10/12/02 7:56:41 pm

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:56 pm

Baron

Defron looked at the stranger. "I'm not entirly sure what he means. But I am here to see for my self what happens. What I want to know is, if what ever happened is that bad why are you so calm?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Oct 12, 2002 3:59 pm

Baron

"I've seen many horrible things in my life," the figure replied. "A few dead men on the side of the road is nothing compared to most of it. But that does not mean I do not worry about my own safety. I am not foolishly overconfident. There are strange goings on around here this morn. It would be wise, I think, to avoid becoming entangled in them. Which is exactly what I aim to do." The cloaked figure, still a fair distance away from the others, resumed walking, clearly intending to pass them and continue towards the city.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:00 pm

End halted and sighed with a bit of annoyance. He looked at the kid closely. ".. that's fine and all.. but why do you care so much?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:06 pm

Valth

Sethrik shrugged. "You somehow got your head burried in the ground. You were using alot of bad words. And now, you can't find what you're looking for. You seem like you're having a bad day. I figure you could use some cheering up." The young Nekojin smiled. "I like cheering people up."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/ujoshuadurron.showPublicProfile?language=EN>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 10/12/02 8:23:50 pm

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:20 pm

Baron

"Well then I have but one last question for you. Was it the impact of the star, or a being that killed them?" Defron said staring at the Stranger.

"If it's a being it'll have to be stopped sooner or later." Defron thought to himself, trying hard to keep his face emotionless.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:26 pm

Baron

"I don't know," the figure replied. "There were no marks on the bodies. They were dressed in uniforms, I believe they were local guards. I'm sure there will be an investigation once they turn up missing. I wouldn't worry about it."

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:30 pm

"I am sorry. But until I see for my self I can not turn back, only to possibly wait to be slaughtered like cattle." Defron said letting a little emotion into his voice. He continued to walk toward the crash, and the stranger.

ArgusDevilmen

Unread postby ArgusDevilmen » Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:34 pm

Valth

Rena was taken aback by the profanity the moogle used. "Geez..." She slowly looked over to Sethrik and tilted her head to the side a bit at the trucks comment.
"So are you just going to forget about me like that?" she asked the Nekojin with a questioning look.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:38 pm

Baron

As the hooded stranger walked on past Defron, the lump on his seemed to shift strangely. Not typical behavior for a hunchback's back.
The hood was deep enough to conceal his faces features, however.
The stranger continued past Defron, on towards the scholar and his dragon.

Valth

Biram looked at Rena. "Oh, don't worry about him," he answered her. "Sethrik doesn't rest until every one around him is smiling, or at least sorta happy. We'll get to his place eventually. But we should probably wait for him."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:40 pm

"Eh.. well.. fine." End swung his lance a bit and folded his arms. "Lead the way, kid."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Oct 12, 2002 4:44 pm

Valth

And so End and Rena joined Biram and Sethrik on the way to Sethrik's house to see Sethrik's father and the star-person. It was about mid morning, and all was well with the world.

((OOC: I'll post their arrival at the house later. Kinda short on insperation right now. Argus, End, feel free to RP between your to characters for a little while, let them get to know eachother a little better.))

Next

Return to Gaera Main RPs