To the Edge of Forever (Serious Multiverse Freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

To the Edge of Forever (Serious Multiverse Freestyle RP)

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:49 pm

(OOC Note: Gaera Current Period:1310 is the "Modern Day" Current Gaera we rp in right now, the others mentioned are alternate worlds and/or alternate time periods. Just so there is no confusion.)

The Different strands of Time and Space. Different Eras, Different Worlds. Each very unique in their own way.

It's a Fragile Chain that keeps everything together. These act as gateways, to different parallels, alternate universes, each one different from the last. Sometimes it is an event that opens or triggers some different possibilities, while others remain the same.

Few know the true knowledge and possibilities of these "chains". Some simply travel between worlds, silently observing. Others use this to escape certain dilemnas or catastrophic events.

Others have more darker agendas and ideas in mind, to use this Stream, this chain of worlds to their advantage.

Thus at certain times, the fate of all Time and Space rests in the hands of a select handful of chosen warriors. These "Chosen Ones", are destined to save this fragile Continuum... by any means neccessary.

The select few, unknown of their roles, will not have too much longer to wait...

--------------------
Chapter 1: The Chosen
--------------------
Gaera period: 1360
Watchtower
Dawn

In the Watchtower, The Guardian Ash Fanrico sat in his favorite chair, in what some would recognize as a living room. Not much had happened since The Corination of Queen Elle, and the Cyber Ork Assault on Old Doma.

He had kept a closer eye on things happening in the world he swore to protect. Especially on his adopted daughter...

------------------
Narshe
Dawn

Sammi Fanrico awoke from her slumber. She had been not as busy as she would have liked to have been these past few weeks. She laid there in bed, listening to the steam machines of Narshe turn and rotate outside. A small draft was coming in through her window. But she had grown past caring for this sort of thing long ago, one gets used to the cold after a while.

She wasn't dressed in much, a loose fitting sleeveless night shirt, and some undergarmets. Besides the small draft, the rest of her home was warm, due to the work of the machines.

She got up from her bed and looked out towards the snowy landscape of her town. Her father's chocobo, Amarant II was sleeping near the foot of the stairs leading to their house. The poor thing hadn't seen much action since her father had left.

She walked out her room and towards the living quarters, past her father's room. The room she kept locked, and only Riggs at times used the bed, but everything else was untouched. Cept for maybe a few pieces of armor or weaponry.

She sat in the chair she had seen her father sit in many times. It was the most comfortable chair in the house. She knew this was usually the only time she had to think of her father, and to have some time to herself. Her love Riggs was still at the Reconstruction of Old Doma, working to restore it. They had reached the halfway point just a week ago.

She then thought back to that night in Old Doma, the final assault on the Emperor Merr. The final assault to liberate Doma from his cruel grasp.

IM: It will take a long time still till they are done. The assault decimated much of the city.

She eventually got lost in thought and drifted asleep, resting her father's chair.
-----------------
Gaera Current period:1310
Noon
Doma

The city streets of Doma, as usual, they were busseling with life. Trade, Shopping, Transactions, and Business seemed to be the main subject in the streets. While there were those who were walking to work, or returning home, or had just arrived from another kingdom or town.

In front of the Kotoki's Bar & Inn,the warrior Ash Fanrico was feeling more relaxed, as he walked towards his home. It was his day off, the King had recommended it. He was having a little conversation with his love, the darling Christydia.

"I'm so glad Charles gave you the day off. Now we can spend some time together." said his love as she snuggled up to him. Ash chuckled, "You and me both." he said as he placed an arm around Christydia. Ash grinned, it feels good when things go your way at times. They headed into the Inn.
---------------------
Gaera Current Parallel, period:1310
Doma Kingdom
Nightfall

The Ork Barrel Inn Pub unusually quiet, the usuals were there, but not much else. It was known for it's low prices, good service, and excellent cooking. It used to be the best kept secret in Doma.

A young man was sitting at the bar. From first glance, the youth, in appearance, would be immediately recognized as an elf. But upon further investigation, those who were interested would learn that this man was a half-breed. Half Man-Half Elf, and he was alot older than he looked.

The person had long brown, unkept hair. He also had on a long Dark Green robe. A gift, he would say, from his mother. He wore, Dark Gray Combat Boots, the choice boots of his father. His ears pointed out from underneath his hair. His Dark Green pants seemed to almost go with his robe, but were a shade darker. He sported a small, trimmed goatee/beard mix.

His name was Antaries, Antaries Fanrico. Son of the Legendary Warrior Ash Fanrico, and the Elven warrior Yarrie. Of his parents, only Yarrie is still alive.

He had just finished his latest mug of ale. The orkish bartender, Grom, had made it on the house, since the two of them knew each other. Antaries sat there for a moment, flipping a coin around between his thumb and index finger.

By the usual customers, I meant orks. Most came on their way towards Riva, and the town of Grargh. Although his father and his grandfather did not like orcs at all, Antaries had a few orkish friends here and there. Mostly from his trips around the world.

He soon stood up to go head towards his room at one of the local Inns. He was supposed to be training his student.

Edited by: Ash Fanrico at: 10/8/02 8:04:44 pm

Jak Snide

A New Sense of Solitude.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Oct 07, 2002 6:56 pm

Gaera period: 1310
Doma City
Noon

He walked the streets of the city unseen by those who passed him by. The ability that he'd used for so many years now emphesised the effect that the events of those few days had had on him. Even when surrounded by others, he was now alone. His friends, comrades, elders and all those of his clan were either dead, or soon to be. The few who fled would not have been able to survive. The Forbidden Planes were harsh, and a lone traveller would quickly meet his end unless they were skilled in a form of avoidfance. Which he was.

Invisible and silent, he walked alone among a crowd. He did not know those around him, nor could he understand them or their cultures. He was Arashicage, the sole survivor of the Burning Blade ork clan of the Forbidden Plains, and a man who now lacked a direction in life. He walked where he did, and gave little thought to where that might be. If he had considered the roads he'd walked, he would have avoided the human city.

In another reality he may have wondered for the rest of his days, never finding solace. But this world had something differant in store for him.

A single man caught his eye, walking along the road with a female of his own species. The woman was of little concern to him, but the man intrigued him. Something about him suggested that there was more to him than there was to the swarm that walked around him. He didn't know why, but he decided to follow this human. Perhaps it was the strands of fate at work, or the despair that the ork felt compelling him to ocupy himself. Whatever it was, it made little differance. He walked silently several feet behind Ash Fanrico and his love, listening and watching.

Koneko

Time flies... and so does Pelm.

Unread postby Koneko » Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:08 pm

Gaera Current period:1310
Noon
Unknown Location - Somewhere near Doma

A shadow overhead. A white feather falls; delight for a small child. "A swan feather!" he would say. But this would be untrue.

It was an angel feather.

Pelm Finan never got used to the sensation of flying, soaring in the sky, leaping, somersaulting, and prancing to her heart's content. Her newfound abilities gave her much responsibility, it was true. But also much joy.

She was a short woman, clad in a simple blue shirt and pants, with red hair and orange eyes; a strange contrast. Through slits in the back of her shirt came forth large feathery white wings, by which she flew. A belt was at her side, and strapped in place in the belt by leather thongs were four daggers and two round blood-red gemstones. And room for another.

On her back was the simple brown sheath of a longsword, held in place by a similar brown leather strap. A close inspection of the hilt, however, would reveal that the sword was far from simple. It was intricately and ornamentally designed, with white metal running like six vines of ivy ivy along a black grip, decorated with runes and ending in a pont. The runes themselves gave two lines of a larger poem.

"I am the darkness, become the light,
Doomed never to die, damned ever to fight."

A last rune told the blade's name: Anaya.

Pelm Finan flew on.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 10/8/02 9:10:23 pm

Whelan2000us

At this moment...

Unread postby Whelan2000us » Mon Oct 07, 2002 9:55 pm

HTML Comments are not allowed

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/uwhelan2000us.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Whelan2000us</A] at: 10/15/02 8:25:47 am

Divinegon2130

A wandering dragon-like creature....

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:04 pm

Gaera Current period: 1310
Doma City
Noon

A silvery-scaled loner entered the city as well. Ever since 'the event' about 150 years ago, he had been on his own. He was on the lookout for his brother, whom he hadn't seen for an equal amount of time. He wanted to see how his brother was. And he determined that Doma was the most likely place.

Of course, mingling with the crowd proved to be nearly impossible for the draconian, as his extreme height made him taller than the others in the crowd. For Silvanus, the silvery-scaled draconian in question, this was always a problem. He was nearly eight feet in height, and, coupled with his large wings (which were usually kept folded behind his back, as they were at the moment), this made it impossible NOT to be seen except maybe with no light in the area at all.

Normally, he'd be trying to talk to the others in the crowd. But, having recently made someone angry elsewhere, he kept his mouth shut. He also kept his mind quiet, for it had been his mind that had started the whole altercation. His mind was a little too outspoken, and he had learned little to control it.

At this point, Silvanus scratched his head a little and resumed mingling with the crowd. He hoped for answers. Answers to his life, answers to the whereabouts of his brother, and answers to how he could control himself.

Dark Xia

Dragoon's path

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:26 pm

Parallel Gaera Current period:1310
Noon
White Dragon Shrine
"Hey Lelith! you're going to be late for the ceremony!"
"ME LATE?! What about you!"
Lelith and her as of the moment fellow dragoon in-training, Teni, met up at the entrance to the shrine of the white dragon, Kyrs. They were both dressed in the ceremonial armor that had been given to them each. It didn't have any of the enchantments, like speed enhancement, that their normal armor had, only one that made it resistant to scratches and rust. Lelith felt so slow in this thing.
"Almsot there, turn the corner, third door on right, right?" Teni asked, panting.
"Ya, I think that's-" Turning the corner Lelith had her head turned towards Teni, and hadn't seen the man in front of her.
"OW!" "OOOOFFF!" The two crashed onto the floor, their armors clanging together loudly. Lelith gave a silent prayer or two that the people at the ceremony hadn't heard. Teni stood and stared in horror as she realized it was their instructor.
"G-g-good Afternoon Instructor Harperd."
"Both of you give me one reason why I should let you graduate after this obvious failure to arrive on time for an incrediably important ceremony, and be so careless as to crash into someone who you would rather face a pack of wild lizardmen than make angry?" The instructor helped Lelith up.
"Uh.... I'll make it worth you're while later tonight?" Winked Teni.
"Teni! Do you want to-" Lelith started to scold Teni for her "joke."
"Alright then, I'll be seeing you later tonight, my place okay?"
"Sure Instructor, see you then." Teni smiled, and Harperd continued onwards.
Lelith just LOOKED at Teni.
"What?" Teni smiled innocently, "Comon, we have to get to the ceremony."

One insanely boring ceremony later...

Lelith took off her helmet and gave a large sigh of relief "It's OVER! Thank you Mother Earth!"
"Heh, and we graduated too." Teni gave one of her smiles that she always had on.
"Yep, we're full fledged dragoons now..."
"So you think we'll have to battle some human rebellion now, or will we be doing boring patrol work for the rest of our lives?"
"Eh, you know there isn't anyway those vermin can escape the containment facilty. Nah, I'd say we have a better chance of having to fight some threat from Space."
"Well whatever, let's go get some food, I'm starving."

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 10/8/02 2:30:53 am

JoshuaDurron

Re: To the Edge of Forever (Serious Multiverse Freestyle RP)

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Oct 08, 2002 1:01 am

Gaera Current Period: 1310
Outside Doma
Daybreak

-Begin Goas Function Log-

Location unknown. Innitiate protocol 5, establish location. Unknown terrain, unknown surroundings. Town located. Size: Large. Unprecidented in size. Protocol 8 in force, establish name of local city, identify friendlies, identify hostiles.
Protocol 54, internal analysis. I have not been summoned by magical forces, nor have I managed to force myself out of limbo on my own. All of this is peculiar, and contrary to previous experience. A level four caution is in effect for all of my actions. Establishing friendlies and hostiles will be difficult at this time. My programming does not provide methods for this task in the absence of a commanding officer. But I was built to be able to improvise in the leading of my troops. I hope my creative programming is up to the task of stretching to provide insight here.

-End Log-

A massive figure could be seen entering Doma from the east, the rising sun to it's back. Three blue eyes stared forth from it's head. An ancient weapon walked through the streets of Doma. It was just one of many signs that all was not well with the world.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/ujoshuadurron.showPublicProfile?language=EN>JoshuaDurron</A] at: 10/8/02 6:46:48 pm

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Off to bed..?

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Oct 08, 2002 1:59 am

Streets of Doma
Late Night

End had just finished one of his occasional talks with Enlil. She had set off for the mountains, while End himself was now resigned to return to his hovel in the Slums of Doma and rest off the thoughts going through his mind. He had missed much of the events in Doma earlier that day, so none of it was there to weigh on his mind.

He had only himself and his past to consider. His talk with Enlil made him think so much of his past.. how many of his actions could have been altered.. he could have done differently, he could have done better.. yet he did not think that he himself would have been good enough to do much different then he had already done.. perhaps he was so much more damned then he really thought himself to be.

But he had not yet given up.. he had not killed himself. Not by any means. He kept fighting.. and he kept defending others. He struggled onward, to live, and he wasn't sure why.
.. was it love? He didn't know..

He continued to walk, his mind's thoughts coming together in a more positive way..

His pace livened slightly as he remembered the duel he had held with Shiranai, and a slight grin spread across his face.. perhaps he had more to be happy about then he thought. He came close to home.. regardless, he would sleep it off tonight, and hopefully be better for it in the morning.

MGPDandelion

Re: Off to bed..?

Unread postby MGPDandelion » Tue Oct 08, 2002 2:23 am

Gaera period: 1250
Midday
Hamisron

The sun was lazily resting at the top of the sky, glowing brilliantly yellow and the small town of Hamisron bustled under it's bright rays.

People were doing what people usually do, walking around in their own thoughts and business, greeting eachother or maybe shopping a bit.

The most populate building, of course, was the tavern, The Valiant Steed, known far around for having the best ale in this part of Doma. It was usually filled to the brim with people, but since the yearly market was held in the village of Gonsnir the only people in the tavern were travellers with a vastly different agenda than going to the market.

It wasn't unusual for new people to pop up all the time, so no one really noticed when the big door of the tavern slowly opened. A small noise, resembling the sound you get by pulling a filled bag over the ground slowly, was heard and then the door closed.

The sound began anew, but kept on for a little longer until it stopped before the bar. Some of the travellers looked up and saw a young woman standing before the bar, she definantly looked out of place.

"Excuse me, barkeeper." The woman said with a soft prelongation of the s's. "Are there per chance any rooms available for a weary traveller?"

The barkeeper looked up from the glass he was cleaning. He eyed the young woman from behind the bar and smiled. "Welcome, my lady. Of course we have room to spare, what with the market coming around!" He waved his armed around the tavern. "My house is yours."

"Excellent," the woman sighed with relief. "Err... how much per night?"

"Oh, no more than a, say, 5 copper. Surely a dame like you can afford that, and that's our finest room to add!" The woman handed the man the money. "My dearest thanks, milady. Now, it's just up one floor, and it's the first to the left." The woman smiled slightly, nodded and moved to the stairs. Before she vanished out of sight the barkeep noticed something trailing behind the woman, but decided he was probably seeing things.

((OOC: Weeee! Image ))

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/umgpdandelion.showPublicProfile?language=EN>MGPDandelion</A] at: 10/8/02 6:24:04 am

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Hmm...

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:18 pm

Gaera Charlene Parallel, period: 1310
Morning
Doma Castle

As dawn struck the huge city of Doma and it's gargantuan castle it took a while for it to nestle inside every window and balcony. However, one of the first it entered belonged to one of Queen Charlenes royal mages, a young man with ravenblack hair(currently in bed-mode).
The small strand of light slowly crept up until it placed itself, satisfied with the work done, right in the eyes of the young man. Instantly the young man opened his eyes, yawned with his mouth wide open and sat up in bed. He was dressed in a long white robe with red edges and it seemed many sizes to large for him. He rubbed his eyes a bit, yawned again and jumped down on the floor.
It wasn't until now that one noticed his rather... short stature. Barely managing to keep his eyes open the young man yawned again and stumbled towards a small writing desk. He sat down with a definite "thump" and scrambled with his hands around the table. Finally he found what he was looking for, his glasses.

"Shouldn't be up so late every niiiiiight..." Another long yawn and the young man rolled up the parchment lying on the desk. He closed it with a small leather strap and put it somewhere in the mass of pockets inside his robe. He walked up to the small mirror and peeked into his. The picture could easily make the most cold-hearted woman scream out in joy and hug him.

Even though he was 19, he still looked to be around ten, and with his small beady eyes, childish face and not to mention his height, he was often the subject of jokes, not that it bothered him. He ran his fingers through his hair, satisfied that it at least stayed on his head and opened the door and walked out.

The long corridors of Doma castle was lined with torches, lit even in the summer. It was a castle designed for safety, not style, and the only windows were the ones in the rooms. If you put out the torches it would be pitch black in the dark corridors. Christian hurried down one corridor, passing several people. Many of them giggled as the white mage passed them.

"Oh, he looks so much like a child." One of the maids said between the giggles.
"Doesn't he? He's such a cutie!" Another woman said with a big grin.

Christian paid them no attention, but instead hurried until he reached the stairs. Pulling up the enormous robe from under his legs, Christian hurried down the stairs. He was going to be late for the early meeting with the queen, not something he wanted to be.

Finally he stood before the large doors to the throne room. Quickly he gathered his wits and took some seconds to breathe out. When he felt himself ready he slowly opened the door and sneaked inside.
----

((OOC: Gomen Gomen. Don't have time for posting Christina, so I'll just post it when I come back home (scout meeting)))

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/uchristianc.showPublicProfile?language=EN>ChristianC</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/13/02 9:40:28 am

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

okies, back, and ate dinner too

Unread postby ChristianC » Tue Oct 08, 2002 3:47 pm

Gaera Parallel, period:1234
Afternoon
"Suburbs" of Doma

Christina frowned slightly as the sun, no matter where she turned, stung her eyes with it's rays.

"Stupid thing." She growled. She wasn't in a particular good mood, she never was when she had to enter towns, or any place where people lived at all. She'd spent nearly two weeks out in the forest, and she was running low on supplies. She still hadn't really gotten the grasp of hunting. She frowned even deeper as the stench of the city hit her like a wall. Cow dung, mixed with stench of rot, decay and death. "Oh wonderful civilization." She muttered as she breathed through her mouth, not that it helped much. She quickly walked into the town and headed towards the bazaar.

As usual, the streets were filled with stinking, miserable people. Many of them were begging, and several young woman offered their services to the passing men. Christina couldn't help but scowl at the pathetic excuses for women. She quickly walked past them, catching a few jealous looks from the skinny women. She didn't give them any attention. She had better things to care about than appearance.

When she reached the bazaar, she quickly bought what she needed and left, ignoring everyone. The sooner she was out of the city, the better.

Kotoki

Branbran and Alissa!

Unread postby Kotoki » Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:06 pm

Doma City
Noon

Doma is famous for its many inns and taverns. Perhaps none are quite so famous as Kotoki's, which doubles as the record for times destroyed.

However, the famous Kotoki was absent today. In her place stood a young man with long blonde hair, quietly mixing drinks and making himself useful.

"Good morning," said a toneless voice across the counter. Brandon turned to see a small blonde child staring at him. "How are you?"

Brandon blinked several times. "Alissa! I thought you were out of town. What are you doing here?"

"I just came to check on you," replied his younger sister, sitting down. "You seem to be doing fine."

He nodded and smiled. "I am... It's good to see you, sis. Want a drink?"

"Bloody Mary. On the rocks."

"Alissa!"

"Fine. Coffee, then."

Brandon nodded, turning to find a cup. A short silence followed, and Alissa sighed slowly. "You haven't found him yet, have you."

"I..." he started, biting his lip and smiling weakly. "No. Here."

Alissa took the coffee cup and sipped quietly. With the one important question out of the way, there was absolutely nothing left to be said.

Dark Xia

two for the price of one?

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:20 pm

Gaera Current Parallel (world of the dragons), period:1311
Dragoon quarters, Z section
Around Midnight

Lelith was nearly asleep when the door to her quarters opened and she heard footsteps.
"Teni, is that you?" Lelith sat up, and rubbed her eyes.
"Ya.. sorry bout waking you up."
"Teni?"
"Ya?"
"...do you always except to get away with stuff that way?"
"Well..."
"Just try to do something else, it'll get you into trouble one of these days."
"Ya I know, but I don't think I'll have to do it too much now that I'm a dragoon."
"....whatever, let's just go to sleep, we have drills to do in 3 hours."
"G'night Lelith."
"Goodnight Teni."

Gaera Current, period:1311
Small village of Tillen
Around Midnight

Lelith stared out at the starry night sky from the hill right next to her house that she was lying on.
"Hey, why'd you want to meet out here?" Kaim said, stooping next to her.
She gave a teasing frown, "Don't like the stars?"
"Well... ya I guess-"
"Then quit complaining and relax!" She giggled.
The two laid next to eachother in silence for a bit. Finally Lelith spoke up. "Do you think there are other people up there?"
"Huh? Where?"
"In the stars I mean. It's called a heavenly sea... if there are people beyond a sea of water, maybe there are some through "the sea of stars!"
"That imagination of yours is running wild again me thinks." Kaim responded and embraced her.
"Afraid it's running so fast that you wouldn't be able to catch up with it?"
"Am I behind?" The two spoke little more during that night of bliss.

Lord McBastard

Re: To the Edge of Forever (Serious Multiverse Freestyle RP)

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Wed Oct 09, 2002 5:30 pm

Gaera Parallel: 1366
Il Bast Tower, Techplex.
Noon.

Whirling about President McBastard slammed the would be assassins head agains the edge of the heavy oak table, the former godling felt the teeth of his attacker shatter as the orks jaw snapped togeter with terrible force. A two foot blade of shining surgical steel snapped into his hand as he cut the thick neck of the assassin so bruttaly he nearly decapited him. The corpse made a wet thunk as it hit the expensive Rivan rug, hot blood staining the intracite weave. McBastard let out a light sigh and hit the intercom button on his desk that had been so recently used to kill. That was infact the second time it had been used in that manner, the first had only been a few weeks before, when the jacked up elf had tried to retire the President of Valthcorp.

"Miss Fanrico, please get a cleanup crew in here and send a condolence note to Mr.Spewguts family, his file will be under Marketing, 'We regret to inform you that you're husband failed in his attempt to take over the company, blah blah, died valiantly in a hard fought contest, etc etc, sincerly President McBastard'" he said into the intercom, waving his hand dismissively. "Benefits to the family sir?" came the effecient voice of his secretary. "Yes yes Sammi, full pention, a.....oh...20% additional to their medical, and give them a spot in the tower, he was the best competition I've had in a while" the last he said almost to himself.

Clicking off the intercom the President and CEO of Gaera's largest super power, put his feet on his desk and leaned back. Things had been rather boring of late, two assasinations attempts in six months, that had to be his slowest half year ever, and after checking his files he found that it was. He had set up the concept of succession by assassination, so things wouldn't become boring, and yet they had. Few dragons had been about lately and they had been easy sport, compared to the Doman Queen he had slayen a few decades ago.

As the cleaning staff arrived, to begin shampooing the carpet and removing the corpse, President McBastard tapped a stainless steel finger against his chin. Perhaps things would get interesting soon, he could only hope they would.

----------

Gaera Parallel Future: 1446
Ruins of Amana's tower.
Dawn.

Lord McBastard lay in the crumbling fragments of what had once been a wooden chair, it had broken about a week ago while he was sitting in it, but that fact didn't even register in his mind. The only thing that he had even vaguley noticed is that he was now staring at the ceiling. His leg was bent at an odd angle but that hardly mattered.

His thoughts drifted as they did. He thought of his long dead wife Amana, and his recently dead daughter Sylana. It occured to him that he had no idea how long ago it was she died, his concept of time was spotty at best. He could hardly remeber what increments of time were which. A year? Was that when the sun came up, went down, and came up again? Something like that.

For a moment he thought about learning about the world in which he lived once more. Then that idea faded as another replaced it. Was it possible to create a kind of mini gate to the astral plane, and then focus that through an astral lense? Potentially that would give someone a limitless supply of magic.

Standing up he went to his workshop, careful not to disturb the altar room of his former wife. With one sweep of his skeletal arm he cleared a table and sent his previous experiment crashing to the ground. He set to work on creating an astral lense that would be able to focus the energy of a plane. Little did he realize that the experiment he had just destoryed was his successful attempt at the same thing. Either he didn't know or he didn't care, so he worked.

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

furthering yonder plot.

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:52 am

Gaera Period: 1360
Watchtower

Ash sat, still pondering over all of what had happened in recent times. His mind was a flood of events, the knowledge gained from recieving DarkBlade's powers flowed through his mind.

Elsewhere in the Tower, Christydia was in the kitchen area, drinking some coffee. Her angelic wings flitted and fluttered from time to time. She was still worried about her love Ash, who spends an alarming time alone in the Living Room, just sitting in that chair. She felt like her love had grown distant from her.

Back in the Living Room, Ash was in a meditating state, as he overlooked just about everything in the world. His train of thought again shifted to other worlds, such as Ayenee and other such related things. For the longest time, as far as Ash could remember, before he was a Guardian; he never knew much of the surrounding worlds. There were the occaisonal otherworldly visitors, but nothing else. Course that was before most of his time became occupied during the War Era.

He continued to ponder of those thoughts as he sat there...

Dark Xia

Re: furthering yonder plot.

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Oct 10, 2002 6:17 pm

Gaera Current Parallel (world of the dragons), period:1311
Training grounds, locker room
6 AM
"Teni? Can you help me with my helmet, my ears don't seem to be getting through." Lelith had been fumbling with her helmet for a few minutes, and although it fit her perefectly, she couldn't get her tall ears through the top.
"Hmm, let's see," Teni took the helmet and tried to fit it over Lelith's head, once again pressing her ears against her head. "Hey! These are position B7 holes! you're ears are in a C2 position I think. Stupid dets( an "urban (Lelith's race are "Urber" so we get "urban")" term, it's what the people that look after the dragoon's weapons, armor, ect. are called)! Making things difficult for the rookies, there was glue in Sami's helmet."
"Well you aren't being picked on...."
"That's because I'm beautiful." Teni fluttered her eyes for a second. Then she turned over to a male wearing green, light armor. "Hey Sklen! Need ya here for a sec."
"What do you want, Teni, not about that magic-"
"No, it's not that! I need you to melt something down and remold it."
"Um, what?"
"This helmet."
"But isn't that a bit unorthodox! We'll be damaging the academy's property!" Lelith was terrified with the suggestion.
"Hey, YOU need this helmet for patrols and the drills NOW. Melt away Sklen." Teni held the helmet outward and soon the sections around the ear holes were liquid, but kept in place with an invisibly force. The liquid slide up, froze, and in the end you could barely tell those weren't the original holes.
"Here ya go Lel." Teni handed the helmet over to Lelith, who was still a bit worried.
"You're sure this-"
"Stop worrying so much! Besides, it's good to learn to improvise. You need to learn to think OUTSIDE the cage." Teni gave Lelith a poke and smiled.

Whelan2000us

Unread postby Whelan2000us » Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:46 pm

Gaera Period: 1310
???? dimension

Moments after destroying the all seeing mirror in a moment of an emotional outburst, Darkblade's eyes shot open. "How can I feel this presense. It exsists on some parralel, but how can it reach me here in this dimension. Unless it was a power like my own....hmmm?"

Darkblade turned and walked into nothingness soon to reappear in a huge room. The only illumination in this vast area was at the center. It was a swirling vortex of chaotic twisting nether. Darkblade approached and squited at it.

DB's-IM:I don't see any disturbance in the time space fabric, but someone is definately streching out their mind to percieve other worlds. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid. No harm can come from just expanding the conciousness, but still I have this overwhelming feeling that something is going to happen.

Darkblade didn't move or budge as he just continued to stare into the infinite of the vortex.

Gaera current parrallel
Watchtower

Luna transported herself over to the watchtower for her daily checkup on every little thing. She walked down one hall and meet up with Christydia. "Good morning your heigness. Is the coffee to your likeing today?"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/uwhelan2000us.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Whelan2000us</A] at: 10/11/02 12:52:18 am

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:31 pm

Gaera Period: 1360
Watchtower

Christydia smiled as she replied, "It's good Luna, nothing to worry about." she said as she sipped from the coffee cup. She then unfolded her wings, which stretched out inside the kitchen. She stretched her arms and back as well, "I've been wondering, as of late, Ash has been acting most strange. Spending most of his time sitting in that chair of his. Something seems to be plaguing him or something I sense is wrong. Perhaps you could go see what the matter is Luna?" she asked the Knight.
--------------
Gaera Current Period:1310
Doma Kingdom

As she spoke with her beloved, Christydia looked back behind them, as something caughter her attention. She saw small clouds of dust being kicked up in a slight pattern, or trail. She felt a strange presence near them as well, the feeling caused the poor girl to cling more to Ash.

"Whoa my love, what's the matter?" Ash asked as he turned to what Christydia was looking at. He saw nothing, the clouds of dust his love had seen were gone. He did though feel like he was being watched, but of course he knew he was in a city street, so there were most likely about a hundred eyes watching him. "Let's head inside." he said as they headed into Kotoki's Bar.
------------

(OOC: I'm going to wait awhile till everyone's got their character's introduced and stuff like that before I continue on with the MAIN plot.)
(Again with editing.)

Edited by: Ash Fanrico at: 10/13/02 5:46:25 am

JoshuaDurron

The Structure for Temporary Residence (or, the Inn)

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Oct 10, 2002 11:40 pm

Gaera Current Period: 1310
Doma City
Shortly after noon

The Goas wandered into the in about four hours after entering the city. It had managed to learn the current language, and determine that the city's name was Doma in that time.
It had been completely unsuccessful in determining whether the city could be classified as friendly or hostile, however. It was all to jumbled, and Goas had decided that people would have to be understood on an individual basis. Lacking a direction, it decided to follow others such as itself, and so found itself in an establishment for temporary residence. Also a location for procuring alcohol. One Kotoki's in. It fell back and stood in a corner, it's tined, blocky figure filling the location as it stood and observed, it's three glowing blue eyes watching all that happened.

Kotoki

Lalala

Unread postby Kotoki » Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:11 am

What happened wasn't very interesting. Brandon served drinks to various customers, and blinked as he noticed the three-eyed creature in the corner.

"I'll go over," said Alissa.

Brandon winced slightly. "I wish you wouldn't keep doing that. I mean, it's not as if I read *your* mind."

"I don't read your mind," replied his little sister. "Your thoughts are easy enough to gather just from your face." Having explained, she walked over towards the corner. "Would you like a drink," she stated flatly.

JoshuaDurron

Re: Lalala

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:28 am

The Goas looked down at the girl.
"Negative. I am incapable of drinking. Who are you and what purpose do you serve here?"
The tone was equally flat, and also had a semi-hollow ring to it. There was, in fact, little difference between the sound of the golem's voice, and the sound of the girls.

Kotoki

Unread postby Kotoki » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:46 am

"I am Alissa Reine Drusilla del Thern," she replied. "I am protecting my older brother. He's over there."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:56 am

"Protecting?"
The Goas analyzed the girl carefully. She did not seem to be all that dangerous. But then again, things were definitely strange in this new world he found himself in. It required more information to work with.
"Protecting how? And from what?"

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:10 pm

By now, Silvanus was getting tired of not being able to mingle with the crowds. He figured that maybe his luck would be better off inside the local inn.

He found it soon enough... but a thought went through his head.

IM: Kotoki's? I've never even SEEN this particular place, let alone been in it. Just been told of it.

He went ahead and walked in, remembering to duck his head before entering, and looked around inside. His draconic wings, bound to his body currently, gave a slight twitch, as did his tail.

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Antaries the Mentor.

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:27 pm

Gaera Current Parallel Period: 1310
Doma Kingdom

Antaries walked towards the house that belonged to his friend, Aya du Mythril. He had long ago met the Dragon girl when he first came to Doma. Quite recently, he agreed to train her daughter, Elle, in fighting and swordplay. That was about a year ago, and the small girl is showing major improvement. He dared not teach her in the style his father had taught him long ago when he was a child, about almost 2 Centuries ago.

No, he taught her a more gentler version of what his father, the Great Ash Fanrico had taught him. Though he would have liked to hand down the teachings of his human great grandfather, ThornGrinn, but it was decided that ThornGrinn's methods were way too intense for a young child such as Elle. Besides, Aya just wanted her daughter to know how fight with a blade, nothing more and nothing less.

Thinking of families made him think of his own mother, Yarrie. She was quite crushed when his father died, hell she still is. They had what some call "True Love". His mother is still highly revered in some areas of Igala.

Before Antaries knocked on the door, he remembered what happened after his father vanquished the vile menace known as Merr.

Ash spent many days in recovery, having suffered near fatal wounds during the battle. He and Yarrie grew closer as he recovered. She never left his side till he could walk on his own.

They were married soon after. The Elves attending didn't quite think highly of the occaision. Ash wasn't in their eyes, "Worthy of Such a Beautiful Creature". Many nights of arguments between Ash and other Elves were common, since they disagreed with his views and his methods of getting things done. He was too violent in their eyes. When young Antaries was born, Ash seemed the most proud. Most of Antaries youth was spent learning the basics of fighting alongside his father. Yarrie's friends disagreed with this idea. They didn't want another "Barbarian" around their homes. Specially when they learned of how Ash was teaching the young boy, exactly in the same style Ash's grandfather had taught the mighty warrior in his youth.

But as much as they didn't like Ash, they still had some measure of Respect for him and his accomplishments. As well as his manners he had on occasion. When Ash Fanrico passed away, they allowed him to be buried amongst their own dead.

The door opened on it's own and there stood Aya. As beautiful as she usually is. "Hey Antaries!" she said as she stepped out of the doorway. She beamed with happiness at his arrival. "She's waiting for you in the back." informed Aya.

Antaries smiled, nodded and headed towards his pupil, sword already drawn.

(OOC: purpose of this was mainly to explain what all had happened in this Alternate world. Like how Antaries was trained and whatnot. Basic background info.)

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Alas...

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:41 pm

Gaera Charlene Parallel, period: 1310
A little after morning
Doma Castle - Throne Room

No matter how many times Christian witnessed the throne room of Doma, he could never shake the feeling that the designers hadn't only had the safety of the ruler in mind when they had made it. Huge velvet tapestries were hung nearly everywhere and suits of armor lined the walls. Gold and silver was sewn into the tapestry and carpets and the pillars were decorated with small inscriptions from the time when Doma was founded. Even though it's age the runes and symbols were fully readable, although not many could translate them.
Queen Doma herself was perfect, as always. Her ebon skin was a sharp contrast to the light-shaded metal on her armor. Her long dark hair flowed behind her and hers was a look of stern determination and will. Christian hastily rushed into the chamber and kneeled before her. He was rewarded with a fleeting smile.

"My queen..." Christian mumbled. The queen simply wavered her hand.

"You may rise, master Harmender." Christian did so. He'd long since given up on asking her to call him Christian, or at least Master Christian. She was very strict with old formalities.

"My queen, I am sorry if I'm la..." The queen waved him off again.

"Think not off it." The queen leaned forward. "Tell me, master Harmender, how goes our little... 'plan'?" Christian knew this was coming.

"To tell the truth... not very good, your majesty." Christian swallowed hard. "Doma is a large country, my queen, and Gaera is even larger." A very uncomfortable chill filled the room. "To find one man, even with a description, is impo... nearly impossible." Christian corrected himself, the queen did NOT like the word 'impossible'.

"I have given you the disposal of ALL the white mages in Doma, and still you cannot succeed?" Even though the queen didn't show it, she was obviously furious with the report.

"I've tried to explain before, your majesty," Christian said desperatly, "this is not the kind of magic that can be pooled." He waited for the reaction, but none came. Instead, as he looked up he found the queen in tears, something he'd never seen before.

"My beloved," She whispered, "will I never again see your face, Ash?"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/uchristianc.showPublicProfile?language=EN>ChristianC</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/13/02 9:38:17 am

Kotoki

Alissa's such a...

Unread postby Kotoki » Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:42 pm

"Protecting with my sword," responded Alissa, unsheathing said object. "Against the world that would hurt him. I follow the Miyamoto Hikaru School of Blades. If you want to spar, I can show you my technique."

Brandon, catching the 'spar', frowned worriedly. "Alissa!" he called. "No fighting in the inn, please!"

Noticing the person entering the inn, Brandon gave them a friendly smile. "Hello. Welcome to Kotoki's! Can I get you something to drink?"

JoshuaDurron

Re: Alissa's such a...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:05 pm

Miyamoto Hikaru. The Goas searched it's memory banks, coming up with nothing. Said person had not existed, or been widely known during it's previous times of service.
Never the less, the Goas noted that the girl held her blade with certainty and strength that implied a degree of training.
"A demonstration will be unnecessary. Evidence of training is apparent. Also, I am constructed for long ranged combat, not close range."
The golem shifted it's weight slightly, giving a better view of the spine launchers on it's forearms. They clearly would hold the spines firmly, and allow them to be used as rapiers. But the effectiveness of them as such would not be terribly great.

Divinegon2130

Re: Alissa's such a...

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:09 pm

Silvanus was not really surprised that he was noticed fairly quickly. He laid eyes on the person who'd said hello.

"Yeah. Nothing terribly strong, though - I've got things to do later."

This modest response was all he could think of.

RedBullManiac

Newcomer

Unread postby RedBullManiac » Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:54 pm

Doma City
Noon

Ether sank uneasily into his chair, eyeing the three-eyed creation, the sword fighter, and the eight-foot dragon like being who had recently entered. Although the short, thin, young man looked almost mundane at first glance, careful inspection would show him to be as “otherworldly” as his name would suggest. What gave him away were his eyes, which were a burning shade of light grey/blue, that shined with an unearthly glow; and seemed to shimmer in a prism of colors as he twisted in his seat.

“Something big is about to happen in this junction, I can practically feel it in the air.” Ether thought to himself. It had only been three days since he first entered the universe, and he was just getting settled into his new location. However, when one has traveled as much as Ether, they gain a sixth sense for trouble, and the bar was beginning to reek of it. Or perhaps the dragon-like man and the three-eyed whatever were not such oddities in this universe as he thought. He put his musings behind him, and waved his hand to get the waiters attention. “Excuse me miss! I’d like the soup of the day, and um… A local spirit would do the trick,” he said, hoping that his lack of knowledge in local beverages would go unnoticed, and that the drinking age in Doma wasn’t strict.

((OOC: Hi, I’m new to the forum. This is my first attempt at online role-playing EVER, although I have played tabletop RPGs on occasion. I hope I did this right, and if I messed up, I’d be happy to take it down))

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/uredbullmaniac.showPublicProfile?language=EN>RedBullManiac</A] at: 10/12/02 5:02:13 pm

MGPDandelion

Okay then

Unread postby MGPDandelion » Fri Oct 11, 2002 5:58 pm

Gaera period: 1250
Evening
Hamisron

---

Night was closing in, and Kasumi, the woman who'd arrived earlier, was feeling a wee bit anxious. She was getting low on money, and even if the barkeeper was very charming, she didn't think he was any more generous than the rest of the barkeepers she'd encountered before. She had to get a job, fast. To get a job, one had to be available, to be available one had to be seen, and to be seen one had to spend time down in the tavern. Kasumi never liked that part. There was too much time where something could go wrong. People could accidently step on her tail, or... ok, no time to get nervous. She took on her most business approaching look, a mix between a serious and a doubting look. She did one final check to see that no part of her lower parts were sticking out and went outside her door. Instantly the rumbling from downstairs hit her. It was a livid night, even though the market, and people from all over town, as well as most of the travellers who currently stayed in the village, wanted to rest their bodies and minds. Times were tough, yes, especially for the normal farmer, who barely met the ends every month. Not that Kasumi fared any better. This little luxury had cost her more than she felt good with wasting.

Ever since she could remember, she'd been practicing on how to move so that it seemed she had two legs instead of the nearly two metre long snake tail she really had. To hide the tail properly she had to do a form of curling with it. It was rather awkward, but it worked perfectly. No one suspected a thing.

She quickly moved to one of the tables and sat down, as good as she could, and waited for something to happen. It usually did.

She didn't have to wait long. After only half an hour two men entered the tavern. One was dressed in a long cloak and a pointy hat, and held a firm oak staff, obviously a wizard. The other was dressed in fine clothing and had an air of authority resting about himself. The well-clad man moved towards the barkeeper and mumbled a question, sneaking up a small bag of coins. That was her signal.

Kasumi moved slowly towards the bar where the two were standing, talking to the barkeeper. She could distinctively hear the word "orc warband" and "main road". Clearly these men were having trouble with orcs, a race Kasumi had dealt with before. She didn't like them at all.

"Excuse me, gentlemen," Kasumi said as she came up to the men, "but I couldn't keep from overseeing that you are in need of assistance."

"Away, wench." The well-dressed man said with a snort. "I have no need for your services right now!"

Kasumi frowned deeply. One thing about the male sex was that they always seemed to underestimate females. The man was resting on his elbow on the bar. A perfect oppurtunity. She quickly sensed the wizard's staff and luckily enough it still seemed to have some life in it. She focused slowly, as to not warn the wizard, and slowly the staff grew tiny roots which trailed itself down between the floorplanks. Oak roots were stubborn and tough, so there was no hope for the wizard to use it before Kasumi could execute her little 'plan'. When she felt ready she walked up to the young man and promptly hit his elbow away from the bar. As expected he fell with his face first into the hard oak bar.

"Whoa!" The man shouted, too surprise to manage to say anything else.

The wizard looked up and frowned deeply. "What do you think you're doing?" He asked her in a deep voice. But before Kasumi could reply the man was up again, now with a knife against her throat.

"Damn bitch." he hissed. "Who the hell do you think you are?"

"And who do you think you are?" Kasumi said, trying to sound brave even though the knife was tracing her throat carefully, nearly cutting into the skin. "Placing a knife against a woman's throat in a crowded tavern is not the smartest move." She continued, assured someone would react against this break of chivalry. Instead she looked around and found that no one was even paying them attention, obviously ignoring the man for a reason.

"You're coming with me..." the man whispered.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Ash?

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:01 pm

((OOC: Okay, Ash, you take care of this. Be gentle, it's his first time after all...))

RedBullManiac

Crud

Unread postby RedBullManiac » Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:22 pm

((OOC: Crud... Sorry! It's my first day working here! Um, could you explain what I did wrong? I'd take a guess that the trans-universal traveler part is wrong or something?))

Divinegon2130

Re: Crud

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Oct 11, 2002 9:54 pm

(OOC: I know I'm not Ash, but I'm going to do it anyway.

RBM, the part about the trans-universal traveller is not what's wrong. What's wrong is that you went into an established RP without first asking in the appropriate thread in the OOC forum. You need to see if the GM is going to let you go in before you even consider entering.)

Kotoki

Unread postby Kotoki » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:00 pm

Kotoki's Inn
Noon

Alissa nodded and sheathed her sword. "Fair enough."

Brandon gave the man another smile. "Alright. Is tea okay? I haven't seen you here before."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:04 pm

Kotoki's Inn
Noon (or shortly there after)

The Goas examined the girl farther. No attempt to press hostile intent. The Goas moved her slightly closer to the 'friendly' catagory. But more information would be needed.
"Is it common tactics to train young humans for combat now?" it asked.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:16 pm

Gaera Current Period 1310
Doma City
Noon

Light. Noise. A city was before her: Doma.

No longer able to hide her angel wings, Pelm had gotten relatively used to odd treatment, both from demonic types and ordinary people. Without a word, she landed gracefully within city limits.

A tavern. "Kotoki's." Folding her wings gracefully, she walked through the door.

Kotoki

Unread postby Kotoki » Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:14 am

Kotoki's Inn
Noon

Alissa shook her head. "No. I chose to learn."

She tentatively reached out towards the creature's mind, trying to figure out exactly what it was. Past experience had taught her that you had to know what you were dealing with before anything bad happened.

Brandon, meanwhile, greeted the newcomer with a smile and a "Welcome to Kotoki's Inn."

Jak Snide

Ack...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Oct 12, 2002 8:47 am

(<.< Ash, Arashicage was under the effect of an invisility-esq spell.)

Koneko

Re: Ack...

Unread postby Koneko » Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:48 am

Pelm gave a bow. "I do indeed feel welcome. Thank you."

So saying, she sat down at the bar asked about the selection of food and drink.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 10/12/02 5:10:17 pm

Next

Return to Gaera Main RPs