To the Edge of Forever (Serious Multiverse Freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Kotoki

Re: Ack...

Unread postby Kotoki » Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:28 pm

Brandon paused to think for a moment. "Um..." he started. "We have pretty much anything... Except fusionaire, because Miss Kotoki doesn't want customers dying on the floor. I'm making tea, if you'd like some...? Or would you rather have something harder?"

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:51 pm

Gaera Current Period: 1310
Kotoki's Inn
Noon

The mind of the Goas was... odd. Removed from it's body, yet clearly focused on itself and it's surroundings. At the same time, it was somewhat confused, as if a being of limmited experiences had suddenly found itself in a completely new situation, and was struggling to adapt.
Goas looked carefully at the girl. "Unusual. In my time, humans wished to fight as little as possible."

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:58 pm

Pelm thought for a moment. "Tea is fine."

Another voice sounded in her head, quite a familiar one.

OV (Other voice): Ahh... tea...

IM: Oh, heya Shal! Finally started thinking again?

OV: Greetings... why's it a big surprise that I'm talki... err... thinking...

IM: Well, I was getting tired of the music you were humming.

OV: Mentally humming, you mean.

IM: Same thing.

OV: Oh well. Doesn't matter.

IM: It does when annoys me.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Oct 12, 2002 10:31 pm

Gaera Current Parallel, Period: 1311
Academy courtyard, fountain benches
Afternoon

"So what did you want to talk about Teni?" Lelith said and leaned on Teni's shoulder, tired and sleepy, today's patrol had been especially long.
"I just wanted to tell you how good you're getting, you don't even need my help anymore sometimes."
"Huh? Help where?"
"In battle dummy, you still can't handle Harperd though."
"Hey! I'm getting along jsut fine with the instructor... and when did I need hel-"
Teni began to count on her fingers, "Sandworms, lizardmen, darkseeds, cactuars..."
"Alright alright alright."
"Well anyway, you're doing alright now, you don't need my help really..."
"Why do you say that? What's with the compliments all of a sudden?"
For a long moment Lelith was locked in Teni's sisterly hug. Lelith closed her eyes and waited for Teni to answer.
"They're sending me away, to the northern ends."
"Why?"
"There's no need for a reason, an order's an order Lelith."
"But Harperd said-"
"He didn't lie, they tried to keep us together, I'm sure, they know riends work closely and well together, but I just NEED to go."
"B-but..."
"I leave for the north next monday, 5 AM."
Lelith couldn't control her tears any longer, they burst out in a flood, covering her cheeks. Without another word she got up and dashed out of the courtyard.

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 10/13/02 2:34:25 am

Whelan2000us

Artsy-and-As you wish.

Unread postby Whelan2000us » Sun Oct 13, 2002 1:59 am

Gaera Period:1310
Noon
Doma Desert

The clouds from a scorched sky finally parted and let the sun once again shine on the desert of Doma. Awaken by the blinding lights reflected through a glass landscape, Whelan jumped to his feet and fell back down again holding his eyes. After a moment to adjust he was slightly awe struck from what he saw.

"How....artistic. Nice rainbow effect too. I just hope nobody gets sore about me turning about 40 acres of desert into a gigantic peice of glass."

Surveying the feild reflecting colors for awhile, Whelan decided to head back to the Doma capital to rest up a bit when he realized just how sore he was from performing his Nova Burst attack.

Gaera Parrallel:1360
morning
Watchtower

"As you wish mistress Christydia. I too have started to woory about Ash's current behavior." Bowing and turning around, Luna left Christydia and headed off towards the throne room. Along the way Luna came across BOD.

"Good morning Luna!" greeted BOD. "And a good morning to you BOD. I'm on my way to speak to Ash. Have he said anything to you recently about how he's been feeling or if anything is wrong."

BOD thought for a moment and answered,"He hasn't said a word for quite some time now as a matter of fact. I cna imagine that both you, Christydia, and myself are starting to get worried about him."

Luna continued on saying,"I must confront Ash and find out what he's up too!", but Luna was stoped by BOD. "Don't take this the wrong way Luna, but being a machine limits you in many aspects. You have your own unique personality and emotions, but what I'm trying to get at here is that I feel something is going to happen. Something big and it's probably making Ash nervous because I know he must feel it as well."

Luna cocked her head with a bewildered look on her face. "My own and the mainframe of Whelan's scanners have not detected an kind of disturbance. How is that you have a 'feeling'?"

"This goes far beyond the capabilites of science Luna. I'm a weapon created from the phenominal chaotic magics of Darkblade and Ash is his avatar. A sensation on this level would even get the direct attention of Darkblade himself. I am very worried Luna, and not just about Ash, but about the world itself. We're both going to talk to Ash right now!!"

BOD raised up and touched Luna with his bristles and instantly transported them before Ash. BOD spoke very loud in order to get Ash's attention.

"We need to talk now."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/uwhelan2000us.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Whelan2000us</A] at: 10/13/02 6:03:22 am

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Re: Artsy-and-As you wish.

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Sun Oct 13, 2002 6:14 pm

Gaera Period: 1360
Watchtower

Ash effortlessly talked to them as he scoured the time and space contiuum.

"I know you've undoubtedly felt it too Broom. I sense something, something peculiar." he said as he never even looked at the two.

He waved his hand in the air, traveling by the mind's eye through the various realms of outer space and the time continuum. He was almost like an out of body experience, except he was concious of almost everything around him in the room he was in. Though the presence of Luna and the Broom of Darkness were bothering his concentration a bit.

"I have no clue what to expect, for I fear this might even be almost beyond even a person of DarkBlade's abilities. Thus, since I have his powers, I'm not much better off. But I'm sure what I'm looking for, for this feeling... this feeling is very odd. I might have to search a bit longer before I can truelly see it and get an idea of where and what it is." he said he continued searching.

RedBullManiac

Cry for attention

Unread postby RedBullManiac » Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:55 am

"Excuse me, waitress!?!" Ether yelled, more then a little peeved at the fact he was being ignored. "Just bring, me.... Ummm..." Ether looked around at what the other patrons of the bar were drinking. Normally, he made it a habit of watching a civilization in the shadows for at least a week before entering, so as to not make a fool of himself, as he was doing now. But, none of that mattered at the moment. Seeing the winged being that had just entered, he didn’t think he would stand out quiet so much as he might have, under different circumstances. “Just surprise me, Alissa is it?”.

Kotoki

Re: Cry for attention

Unread postby Kotoki » Mon Oct 14, 2002 1:11 am

The little girl turned around, pulling her mind back from that of the golem, and raised an eyebrow at him. "I am no waitress," she said. "But my brother's making tea."

Brandon took the pot out of the kitchen and gave the three new customers a weak smile. "Sorry for the wait," he said, pouring the tea into three mugs. "Milk? Sugar?"

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Oct 14, 2002 1:51 am

As soon as Lelith got up, she could hear footsteps tapping loudly on the floor. When she ran, she heard them following her, when she turned the corner they were still right in back of her, when she opened the door to her quaters those foot steps were still right behind her, they finally stopped when she had lunged onto her bed. Lelith had been crying all the way there, but tears and sobs still continued to flow.

For a long while there was silence, saver for sobs and the rapid breathes of Lelith. Sometime later she felt arms wrapping around her, and slowly turned her eyes to meether long-time companion's gaze. Lelith felt something warm against her lips. Teni was seeding (kissing) her... and she decided to kiss back. Lelith liked this, she felt loved, secure, warm, but part of her desperately tried to think of why this was happening.
"Seeding" is part of mating rituals isn't it? Is she going to... but I'm... she's trying to make me happy like the instructor...? These few thoughts flickered through lelith's mind just as Teni pulled her lips back, giving lelith and oppertunity to speak.
"W-wh-wh-why-what did you do th-" Or at least try to speak.
Teni just gave another one of her smiles, "I was just making a promise in what I thought was the best way I could. You liked it didn't ya?"
Lelith began to blush, "Well, um, I, what did you, er, promise?"
"To come back for you of course. Now remember that alright? You don't have to cry anymore, I'm going to be back. You'll just have to be patient, okay?"
"O-okay."
Teni giggled, "Good girl. Now 'scuse me, I have some writing (paperwork) that needs to get done. See ya later Lel."
Lelith laid back down on the bed, she had stopped crying, and was staring at nothing in particular. She was breathing heavily, her face was still a bit red, and she almost felt like she was sweating. It was early, but it's just as good a time as any to go to sleep, she thought to herself.

In Lelith's dream there was darkness. There were eyes looking out of that darkness, occasionally glancing at her. Lelith felt chilledwhen they did. Then the darkness was replaced by a green field and a blue sky. She knew the eyes had looked at her, she knew they were watching others, but this knowledge, and the eyes, still remained a dream.

Lelith woke up panting and sweaty. Her loud, deep breathes sounded like they could be heard by the people in the next room. Lelith slowly peered around at the room. Teni was asleep in the bed next to her. No, no one was watching her. No one.

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 10/15/02 4:16:42 am

RedBullManiac

Tea Bar

Unread postby RedBullManiac » Mon Oct 14, 2002 11:51 am

Ether: "Don't you have something a wee bit... Harder?"

Kotoki

Actually, there's a reason for that. ^_^

Unread postby Kotoki » Mon Oct 14, 2002 1:53 pm

Brandon blinked several times and nodded. "Oh, sorry... Yeah, we've got almost everything except Fusionaire. Of course I'm not too good at mixing drinks yet, but if you tell me how something's made I could do it... Sorry. I'm usually not in charge of the bar."

JoshuaDurron

Observations

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:18 pm

Kotoki's Inn
Noon (or there abouts)

The Goas settled back into his corner, quietly observing the actions around him. The girl struck it as a reasonable human, although her actions did not match with any current behavioral patters for humans. He would have to begin compiling a new set of perameters for her.
The being who had called for a drink seemed to be a "low intelligence lacky" type. Only, he did not appear to be anyone's lacky. This led Goas to assume that he was under stress, causing behavior abnormalities.
The Goas continued to make observations, and calculate varialbes, trying to equate a course of action. As it did so, it kept it's three eyes watching the other patrons of the inn, analyzing, and carrying out protocols.

Koneko

Re: Observations

Unread postby Koneko » Mon Oct 14, 2002 2:52 pm

Waiting for her tea, Pelm asks curiously to no one in particular (though probably to Brandon), "Oh yeah, which one of you is Kotoki?"

OV: Why's it matter?

IM: It doesn't... just curious.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Ho-Hum

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Oct 14, 2002 4:40 pm

Gaera Charlene Parallel, period: 1310
Pre-Noon
Doma Castle - Courtyard

Christian frowned deeply as he left the throne room. He'd been showed away, as the queen was finished. Or rather, she was crying again, but it wasn't proper to say that. Rulers never cried.

Kicking away a small pebble in frustration Christian sighed.

"If only there was a way..." He mumbled for himself. He knew the answer, though. It was impossible. To find a person on this planet, was not easy. Even with a object that was close to the person in question it was near impossibly. If Ash would want to be found, or actually focused on trying not to get found, it would've been simple. But as of now, there was no traces off him. And curiously enough, none of the castle healers had ever used a single spell on him, so spell tracing was out of the picture too. For all Christian knew, and cared, Ash was probably dead, or long retired, having kids and stuff. The legendary hero couldn't stop the impending war, even if he tried, and the Queen would remain behind her veil of sorrow, as she had done since those twenty years ago Ash had left.

Ash, who had been aged even then, had simply said farewell and left, leaving the queen, then only twelve years old, without a guarding.

Christian groaned inwardly. He'd only a hour or two before he was supposed to go on the regular border control. He hated this, especially when it came in times like this.

For as long as could be remembered, Doma had every month sent out patrols of four or five men on chocobos, to the borders of the country, to check with every village and town and make sure nothing out of the ordinairy had happened. Christians group consisted of the least fitting people he'd ever seen.

There were two knights, one of them a old, harsh, complaining man with the stamina of a leg-broken Chocobo, and the other, a newcomer hotshot with more experience in harvesting cabbage than in fighting.
The scout, a slender and agile elven woman, was so stuck-up in her superiority to "mere mortals" that she never followed orders, and did what pleased her. Her lack in combat skills didn't really help either.
The only one acceptable in the group was the black sorceress named Daniella, a capable woman lacking the social competence to get a position worthy of her skills. Even so, she was quite handy to have with, and her patience was impressive for a black mage.

Christian slowly began moving towards the stables where he'd meet the rest of his patrol, all while wondering if maybe luck would turn. What would be the queen's reaction if they found the legendary hero Ash Fanrico on their journey?

Kotoki

Re: Ho-Hum

Unread postby Kotoki » Mon Oct 14, 2002 5:32 pm

Brandon shook his head as he passed her the cup. "Miss Kotoki's off bounty hunting with Mr. Jak right now... I just in charge until she comes back... I'm Brandon."

RedBullManiac

Sake please

Unread postby RedBullManiac » Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:19 pm

"Sake would be fine", said Ether. He had picked up the word while observing the others at the bar. Nothing makes one feel as out of place as dimension traveling. Going into an entirely different culture, with little or no information on the peoples that inhabited the land. One constantly has to stay on his toes, lest he be deemed an outsider. “It’s a good thing that three eyed thing, the reptilian humanoid, and that winged humanoid are” he thought to himself, “nobody has even given me a peculiar look”.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Oct 14, 2002 7:28 pm

Gaera Current Parallel(world of dragons), Period: 1311
Desert (sandy area), patrol ship
high noon

Lelith just sighed as she leaned in her cool metal armor against the back of her seat. Shutting her eyes she began to drift off.
"Lelith!" A metal glove tapped her helmet, sending a deafening clank into her ears.
"Ah! I'm awake, I'm awake!" Lelith frantically covered up her ears.
"You've been doing this for a month, you shouldn't have to be told to stay awake during briefings." It was Sklen, the magic user from before.
"Sorry I was just..."
"Thinking about Teni? ya, quite a few people are."
Lelith made no response. Just then Harperd stepped into the room. "Okay goons, here's what we're doing today. We have an odd one. There have been reports of strange anomalies in this sector, we're not talking about heat creating ripples, we're talking about wierder things, where whole mountains in the distance get blurred from vision, and visions of green grass lands, as well as cities appear in the sky. Now I know some of you might think, "oh it's a mirage." Well you are WRONG. Why? simple fact, mirages don't appear in the sky, we're talking directly over head sometimes. Now then, we're to take zephyre bikes, two bikes per ground, and you are to try to locate if possible, any of these supposed visions. Next you're to determine if they have any phsyical substance. You can throw a rock at them, fly through them or on them if they're solid, but that isn't really recommended, as you might guess. Any questions?"
"Why is this so urgent that we aren't waiting for those censors to come in from the lab?"
"I'm not too sure boy, but lately Kyrs and a few others are getting spooked by something, I'm not sure what though. guess we'll find out soon enough."
Lelith gave a little frown as the memory of those eyes came back to her in a flash, then vanished again.

15 minutes later...
"Throw a rock at it already."
"Alright alright, why the hell don't we have those damn sensors or whatever the smart people are creating." Lelith extended her arm and was ready to drop a rock on the image right below her. In the image she could make out huge stone structures, and little dots moving about them.
"Well here it goes."

Gaea current, Period: 1310
Doma city gates
Noon (around)

"Ouch!"
"huh? What's wrong Kaim?" Lelith the human turned to see her love with a big lump on his head.
"Someone decided dropping a stone on me would be funny."
Lelith blinked, "Well... how would someone do that." She looked around at the gates of Doma as their cart came closer and closer to them.
"Well we can probably get some ice to put on it in town, hey Dad! Hurry it up a bit okay?"

Gaera Current Parallel(world of dragons), Period: 1311
Desert (sandy area)
high noon

Suddenly the image began to ripple violently and grow wavy as the stone fell into it and Lelith saw it become part of the image. Eventually it began to settle though, and Lelith tried to peek down again into it, but as soon as she leaned over the edge of her bike again, a spark of energy shot up hitting the bike, overloading its systems and causing it to burt into flames. A dazed Lelith plunged downward into the image, which vanished a second later without a trace.

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 10/15/02 4:00:22 am

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:46 pm

Kotoki's Inn
Noon

Silvanus thought carefully about this. Finally he had made up his mind.

"Yeah, tea's fine. Nothing extra in it, though. Anyway, I'm just here for a visit. Been looking for someone, even though I think I have an idea where they are."

Kotoki

Unread postby Kotoki » Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:33 am

Brandon, wincing slightly at the mention of looking for someone, passed the teacup to Silvanus and pored a cup of sake. "Alissa! Mind passing this over to the man in the corner?"

"Of course not," replied Alissa, quietly placing the sake on the table in front of him. "Enjoy."

Jak Snide

Thanks Ash. ^_^;;

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Oct 15, 2002 4:23 am

Kotoki's Inn
Noon

Arashicage slipped inside the inn behind the duo he was following, and was immediately submerged in a sample of Doman society, and one of the stranger samples. He looked around the bar as he slipped into a corner, knowing the spell that kept him beyond the notice of others was wearing thin. The people inside were different from those outside, to say the least. He wasn't even sure if one of them was a person. And even those that appeared to be simple humans he sensed were otherwise.

So he stood there, watching over the bar, as the spell began to wear off.

Whelan2000us

Back again\-and-/What now?

Unread postby Whelan2000us » Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:42 am

Gaera Now: 1310
Mid-day
Kotoki's

A battered and slightly bruised Whelan walked on up to Kotoki's.
IM:Who would of thought that walking across a field of glass would be so difficult, but that doesn't matter for I am back again! It feels like it's been forever since I last came to Kotoki's for fun and drinks.

It had only been a week since Whelan had last partied at Kotoki's, but never the less he burst through the doors as usual with vigor and happiness.

"Ladies and gentlemen I have returned! How's it going today Alissa?! You're getting more and more beautiful every time I come here! Kotoki really should have you be a regular around here instead of watching the bar for her while she's gone. And Brandon man! I'll make sure to help you mix my drink this time because I think we all know that last one was a weee bit volatile. You ever think about becoming a Alchemist or at least a demolitions expert? "HA AHAHA' I'm just mess'n with ya buddy."

Whelan's cheerfulness would hopefully rub off on everyone or just annoy them to hell.

???????dimension
"Man this is boring.."

BOD had joined DB in watching the 'Big 3-D screen saver' commented by BOD when first entered the room. BOD leaned to one side like one would sag when getting bored. "Why are we staring at this thing again DB?" "I feelt a disturbance...
" in the FORCE!" interupted BOD. "No. In the very stability of exsistance surrounding Gaera." BOD straigtened right up at that statement. "Now that sounds rather important. What all does this disturbance entail and/or most likely threaten?"

Without changing his focused gaze from the vortex DB explained how this could effect not only the current Gaera, but the future, past, and alternate exsistances of it.

BOD cocked it's bristles and asked,"Didn't you say that you don't particualrly dabble much in the field of time manipulation." DB then said,"What I said was is that I abhore time manipulation. The only type of time magic I ever use is the kind that tells me if someone is trying to screw with the timeline!"
"Woah, calm down DB. Just breath ok. You need to relax by playing twenty questions with me." DB actually shifted his eyes towards BOD this time, "What?" BOD then stated,"Well the last I did something to cheer you up was singing and that got me a trip through the wood chipper."

Darkblade sighed and returned his focus to the vortex. "Ask away." BOD bounced and started up with DB's approval.

"Okay then. First question. How many kids have you had so far in your life. What's your favorite color? Just how powerful are you really? Why have you stayed as long as you have within the realm of Gaera? Blah da blah da blah blah blah......

DB's IM: I think I'd prefer his singing to this.
"3, no preference, more than you could ever comprehend, it was just a feeling, yes I can get into all those positions easily,..........

Gaera Parallel: 1360
Watchtower

Luna interjected to say,"Is there anything you would like me to do in the meantime? If it's a threat this big I believe preparations should be made."

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/uwhelan2000us.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Whelan2000us</A] at: 10/15/02 9:45:58 am

Dark Xia

Re: Back again\-and-/What now?

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:19 pm

Lelith blinked once before she fell into the image, and after her eyes opened only to be blinded by the reflection of the sun against her white armor. As she moved her hand to block the blinding light she felt the air moving quickly over it, she was falling for sure. The reflection taken care of, she fully opened her eyes to see a whole new world, literally. There were green plants where there was desert, Sklen's bike was nowhere to be seen and there was some huige stone wall right next to her. Below Lelith the earh was coming toward her rapidly. Lelith quickly tossed her torso back and lowered her legs for the landing. She had practiced falling from these heights before, even with her armor, and knew she could handle this pretty well.

With a loud thud, and a spray of dirt, her armored feet plunged into the earth. She was firmly planted in the ground up to her kneecaps. After encountering some difficulty in pulling herself out of the ground, she collapsed forwards breathing heavily and tried to relax herself a bit. (she's about 50 feet along the wall from the gates to put her position into perspective).

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:34 pm

(OOC: Eh... how can a sword have ki... never mind... I DON'T want to know...)

Pelm noted the absense of the inn owner and also the arrival of the newcomer.

Observing the tea in front of her, she picked up the cup and took an inquisitive sip, then quickly drained the cup.

She smiled and said somewhat numbly to Brandon. "You make good tea... more please?"

OV: Burning your mouth is not a good idea...

IM: I don't even care... good tea is worth it!

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:49 pm

(ooc question... "IM" stands for "inner message?" or have I got that wrong, and if so.. what's "OV?")

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:56 pm

(If I may speak for Koneko... IM is internal monolouge, or internal message, and in this case, OV stands for other voice. Koneko is RPing a character who has two entities in a single body.)

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:44 pm

(ah, thank ye.)

Kotoki

Unread postby Kotoki » Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:57 pm

Alissa blinked several times as Whelan's tirade washed over her, but her face quickly returned to the usual deadpan expression. "Good day."

Brandon smiled at the compliment. "Thanks!" he chirped, pouring her another cup.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Oct 15, 2002 7:55 pm

this one for kotoki or anyone who knows, what kind of roof does Kotoki's inn have Image ?)

*edit* okay.. no need for soldiers...
*edit* I am sooo unobservant... anyway saw it now.. heh.

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 10/16/02 9:46:37 pm

Koneko

And stuff...

Unread postby Koneko » Tue Oct 15, 2002 8:38 pm

(OOC: Thanks Josh. 'Tis exactly correct.)

Pelm began to drink her second cup of tea, somewhat more slowly this time.

Lord McBastard

Re: To the Edge of Forever (Serious Multiverse Freestyle RP)

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Wed Oct 16, 2002 5:10 am

Gaera Parallel: 1366
Il Bast Tower, Techplex.
Dusk.

President McBastard groaned and rolled his eyes in contempt "A class L? Jesus Christ!" he half shouted into his intercom. "I don't have a Mr.Christ on file sir, does he pretain to the matter at hand?" replied the cool efficient voice of the Presidents secretary. "Nevermind Sammi. But come on, I never used to get out of bed for anything less than a class R!" he said with a groan. "You haven't slept in atleast 15 years sir, but that's not the point. The Rivan Dragoons are requesting assistance and this would certainly enhance your image, Public Relations would agree" she replied, a hint of humour in her voice. "Just send a unit and have them deal with it. Call me if there is a real emergancy, nothing less than a class S, Miss Fanrico" he said with a little quirk of his mouth.

A class L demon? What a waste of my time! The things were practically defenceless and that was using years outdated demon hunting technology. With new plasma guns and riot grenades a class L didn't stand a chance. If those god awful Rivans would let go of their dead history and come into the 14th century then maybe they wouldn't need help all the time. Attacking demons with their primitive spears and swathed in metal and leather. That might have worked a hundred years ago, when dragoons had magic and could leap the distances they were famous for, but now everything was about muscle and firepower, not magic.

The dependancy on magic had nearly destroyed Igala, if it weren't for my intervention it probably would have. Now I have accomplished what Amana dreamed of, domination of all Igala, though no one knows what she would have done with that kind of power. Oh Amana, why did you have to die? Why couldn't you have been strong like me? I survived the mana shock and I'm all the better for it, but you...like most went couldn't stand it....

---------

Gaera Parallel Future: 1446.
Ruins of Amana's tower.
Noon.

"Maybe if the lense focused a wave rather than a stream I could augment it with a an Ethereal cage and use that to trap the energy while it filters through" mumbled the gaunt form of Lord McBastard. He had been working for six hours straight and he was barely at the drawing board. Every thought he had was an assortment of calculations and diagrams, working with a single purpose, a purpse he had completed atleast twice in the past.

With his mind so focused he failed to notice that space time was wavering as it were. Though even if he had, he wouldn't have cared. He had long since distanced himself from the afairs of the world and the dimension in general. He would also have noticed that the very invention he was working on would obviously worsen the problem should he ever finish it. But he noticed none of these things as he continued to plan and brainstorm over his astral lense.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Wooo

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:23 am

((OOC: ACK! My last post was accidently deleted! And it was so long to...))

Christian groaned as his chocobo came to halt. His behind felt like it had been used to hammer in nails. As he stepped, or rather jumped, off the chocobo he felt the pain jolt up his legs.

"Why do they only come in one size..." He asked himself as he walked closer to the camp. The two knights Rufus, the old man, and Jerek, were busily trying to make a fire. The scout, Nadia, were resting on a tree branch ("no wonder, she's been running by foot the whole day" Christian though). Daniella, Christian noticed with some slight irritation, was standing in a corner, looking a bit unsure. Why wasn't she doing the fire? Christian scowled as he stepped towards the two knight.

"Excuse me, gentlemen," he hisses, "But is the fact that we have a Black mage with us beyond your grasp?" He waved to the pathetic excuse for a fire. "Why don't you two do something more useful like securing the area?"

"Already done that." Nadia said coolly. Christian shivered. He'd never liked elves, and especially not this particular elf. Christian turned to Daniella and smiled. Daniella nodded and walked up to the fire. A few short incantations and a moment later the blazing inferno was finally calming down.

"Thanks, Daniella." Christian said as the two walked away. "But really, you should be more alert to these kind of things. We need to be able to use each groupmember's skills efficiantly. Unfortunantly I'm not very useful at the moment."

"But what about Nadia?" Daniella asked. "She seemed pretty tired, I bet you could do something."

"She won't let me." Christian shrugged. "Damn stuck-up if you ask me." He was interrupted by a giggling from Daniella. "What's so funny?" He asked.

"You," Daniella said with a big smile," I'm supposed to be the dark, broody and hatefilled one. But you're taking my role."

"Is that so? I heard white mages should be calm, gentle and friendly, you're stealing my role." The two laughed for a moment. Suddenly Christian felt a chill running up his back. He looked over at Daniella and noticed she too had felt it. Apparently, Daniella had felt it before, because she immediatly started running towards the camp. Christian stood still for several seconds, until he too began to run. The pain in his behind and legs was completely gone as he slowly realized what was happening.

When they came to the camp, everything was in chaos. Dead bodies everywhere, and at the fire several figures were fighting for their lives. Christian glanced at one of the dead bodies and nearly jumped back in disgust. The body looked like it had been dead for at least a month. One of the eyes was missing and pieces of flesh had been torned off everywhere.

Christian tried to think rational. The only reason he could find for this corpse lying here was irrational at best, but there was no other options. They had been attacked by the undead.

Quicky Christian readied his oaken staff. He knew from a long time back that if it was something the dead feared, it was white magic, and fire. Quickly he scanned the area and found that the battle had moved from the fire, a clear sign that the undead had the upper hand. Quicky he ran to aid, but was intercepted by two moving corpses. Quickly he searched his memory and found what he was looking for. Some short incantations and the corpses were decomposing into nothing.

The events that happened after seemed so far from eachother, but in reality the difference was only seconds.

The first one to fall was Rufus. The old knight, the whiny old man, had fought like a lion, but his old body couldn't keep up the same speed as the younger, and the dead. He was toppled over and the zombies threw themselves over him, tearing pieces from his still breathing body. Daniella turned away with a gasp, but Christian growled. He smashed the end of his staff down the ground and yelled "VITA REDUCO!" In the instances before the spell was cast Nadia yelled.

"Idiot, it's too late for him!" Christian, however, had no intention of reviving Rufus. Instead he pointed the staff at the undead. They were instantly turned to dust, but the force used nearly made Christian faint.

"We're not going to make it..." Jerek whispered. Christian was almost ready to agree with him.

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Getting back to work... >>

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Wed Oct 16, 2002 8:55 am

Doma Gates

The two guards were standing at the entrance to the city. They had large spears in one hand, and Doman-Standard-Issue Shields in the other. Alot had happened to this gate, on this side of the city. It was known as the "Bad Luck Gate", since it is usually the gate where monsters, demons and all sorts of creatures are known to come to.

Both guards had seen their fair share of action in their time under King Charles of Doma. If they were in a local pub, they'd no doubt be bragging about the scars they recieved from those various encounters to the local wenches.

But they never expected to see what they were about to see right now...

"Hey Rick." said one of the guards. "Yeah?" asked Rick.

"Remember when those drunken orcs came to this gate once?" asked his fellow guard. Rick chuckled, "Yeah I remember." he said as he grinned.

"They were so drunk and pissed that we were able to trick them into kicking each others asses." said the other guard as he burst out laughing. Rick was chuckling slightly as he looked to the left, checking to see if anything was going on.

What Rick saw was a slight motion out of nowhere, not too far away either. Rick's not the best at making measurements, but he'd guess that it was about forty or fifty feet away from their current position. He turned towards it.

"Hey Driggo, there's something over there." he said sternly as he lowered the pointy end of his spear into fighting position.

Driggo looked surprised. "Sure ya weren't seeing things Rick?" he asked. Rick shook his head, "No I definitely saw something over there."

Driggo sighed, "Either Commander Fanrico or Captain Pervy will have our heads if we don't at least investigate." said Driggo as he too brought his spear at waist level.

The two guards cautiously approached the spot where Rick had seen the sudden movement (IE: Lelith).

--------------
Gaera Period: 1360
Watchtower

Ash was still searching for the major disturbance. "I don't know Luna... I'd rather investigate this some more before coming to any rash decisions." replied Ash.

Kotoki

Re: Getting back to work... >>

Unread postby Kotoki » Wed Oct 16, 2002 12:19 pm

(Kotoki's is a three-floor building with a wood roof. ...Don't blow it up, please.)

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: Getting back to work yo! o >_< o

Unread postby ChristianC » Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:15 pm

After the death of Rufus, things turned from bad to worse. With only one knight left the four were slowly pushed towards the forest. Soon enough they would be forced to either retreat or make a final stand, and they'd go through neither of them alive.
"What the hell are you waiting for!?" Nadia suddenly yelled at Christian. The young man looked back at her with a puzzled look, but before he could ask she continued. "Send a warning to Doma, that's why we have you here in the first place!" Christian was to tired to get angry and quickly began clearing his mind. He thrived after the minds of his peers, the white mages of the Doman castle. When he felt the presence of Jens, a student but still with enough potential, he sent the message. He had no idea if it arrived, for as soon as it was sent, the zombies stormed against them another time.

Though outnumbered, the four continued to fight, they kept on fighting even when both Jerek and Nadia were lost. But finally, when the sun was soon to rise, Daniella couldn't take anymore punishment. She was dead before she hit the ground. Christian noticed and decided that maybe, just maybe, it would be better to give up. His robe was torn and shredded, merely kept together by a few stitches, and his body was covered in blood and sweat. He could barely feel anything in his limbs and his head was banging due to the large amount of magic he had channeled in such a short time. He knew he couldn't complete another spell, and for the moment he was fighting with his staff, which wasn't very effective. No, wait, he realized he had the power to complete one more spell. He looked over at Daniella, and realized what he was going to do. For the moment the zombies were regrouping, a mystery he didn't even bother to think about, so he had time to complete the spell. He set the staff down on the ground and took a deep breath. "VITA REDUCO!!" He screamed with all his might. The light-blue mist enveloped the body of Daniella. It entered slowly into her and then the light matted off... Daniella gave a short scream and opened her eyes. She noticed Christian, who hung limply at his staff, breathing randomly and hissing in pain. She started moving towards him.

"leave..." Christian whispered slowly. "Don't... come to me... take a ch-ch-chocob..o... head to... Do-Doma... warn tuh-the qu-queen... Tell her I'm... I'm so-sorry..." Daniella shook her head.

"No, Christian I've got to." she began.

"RUN!" Christian shouted out. "I... I'll huh-hold tuh-them off..." Daniella opened her mouth, then closed it. A small tear ran down her eyes as she ran towards the chocobos. Christian managed a smile as he saw her venture off. He coughed twice and a thin trickle of blood ran down his cheek. He couldn't see through his left eye anymore, not that he noticed. He rose from the ground and limped towards the forest, hoping maybe to catch the zombies attention. It did, and the cascado of moans came closer as they prepared to strike. But the strike never came, instead the corpses stopped in their tracks, staring mindlessly into space.

"Leave him..." A cold female voice echoed. "the deed is done and his fate is sealed." Christian didn't even bother to look for the source of the voice. Instead he continued his limping into the depth of the forest.

((OOC: Oooooh, suspence...))

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/uchristianc.showPublicProfile?language=EN>ChristianC</A]&nbsp; Image at: 10/16/02 5:17:16 pm

Dark Xia

Re: Getting back to work... >>

Unread postby Dark Xia » Wed Oct 16, 2002 5:59 pm

to the left of the

Lelith finally stood up after resting a bit, "Alright, now, hmmmm, where am I, doesn't look like any place I've been before." She peered around at the area, and then noticed a small metal cylinder in the ground about ten feet in front of her. "What is," She quickly realized that it was her spear. "Oh great, you're stuck in the damn earth too."
Lelith sighed and walked over to it. Leaning forward she got as good a grip on little part of her weapon that was above the surface. She began desperately pulling on it, with little success.
"Teni told me to stick with claws, but did I listen? No." She grumbled to herself as she continued to struggle with the spear.

RedBullManiac

Biological incompatibility

Unread postby RedBullManiac » Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:15 pm

Kotoki's Inn
Noon

Ether looked at the empty cub of sake in front of him. The substance tasted pleasant enough, milky and bitter yet warm and smooth, with a mildly sweet after-taste. What he could not taste, however, was a slight biological incompatibility. Since yeast did not exist on his home world, Octen, his body, was not alcohol tolerant at such high levels. Normally, his body could handle such “toxins”, and would be able to create an enzyme to assist in the breakdown of such. However, the strain of trans-dimensional movement is hard on the body. Since it had only been three days since his last travel, his body was over stressed and could not produce enough enzymes to cope with the high amounts of alcohol. And so, the sake cup began to become fuzzy, and the world began to spin. The last things Ether could remember before he blacked out, was the sound of himself vomiting, and the thud of hitting the table.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/uredbullmaniac.showPublicProfile?language=EN>RedBullManiac</A] at: 10/18/02 10:22:42 pm

Divinegon2130

Re: Biological incompatibility

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:30 pm

Kotoki's Inn
Noon

Silvanus put his hands on the cup of tea carefully. Before taking a sip, he had a thought.

IM: Derill... once this cup is done... I'm coming to save your scaly hide.

Silvanus then closed his eyes and took a sip of the tea. It was a little warm, but Silvanus was used to that. He drank the tea slowly, so as not to burn his mouth (assuming that's how warm the tea was).

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Re: To the Edge of Forever (Serious Multiverse Freestyle RP)

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:27 am

Gaera Current Period:1310
Doman Gates

Driggo and Rick advanced towards the spot where Rick had seen the mysterious shadowy movement. As they got closer, they saw what looked like a mixture of a human and a cat, but the human qualities and/or features were more present.

Rick was confused to say the least. He had never seen a creature like this, it looked like a Nekojin, but little to no fur was present. The armor the creature was wearing was reminiscent of Rivan armor, but looked slightly more unique, or ornate. From it's facial features and structure, it was more obvious that it was a female. Rick looked over to Driggo who just shrugged his shoulders. Rick walked towards the girl.

"Uhhh... hello?" he asked as he got closer.

-----------
Gaera Current Period:1310
Kotoki's Inn

Ash and Christydia entered the inn, which also acted as their home. Since Ash had gotten a good paying job position and knew both the owners of the Inn, he got to have a room for him and his love to stay in. He looked around the bar, seemed to be the usual crowd. Cept for maybe a large three eyed creature. But if the place wasn't leveled or in the process of being so, Ash didn't pay much attention.

Christydia went over towards the New Guy, Brandon. "Hi Brandon. Any word on Kotoki or Jak?" she asked.

Ash waited there for his love to return, his day off was already going well for him. He looked around the room once more, getting a better view of the people who in there.

IM: Wonder what Christy saw... she seemed so scared.

He peered at the Three Eyed creature again. Ash wasn't the most educated in some things, but he could swear that thing resembled a Golem. He continued to stare at it as his love talked with Brandon.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Re: Wooo

Unread postby ChristianC » Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:17 pm

Christian woke up with a snap. For a few seconds he remembered nothing about the previous night, and wondered why he was in the forest. Merely seconds later the memory struck him like a sledgehammer and he gasped. The undead, Daniella, the voice. He could hardly grasp what had happened and when he tried to rise his legs couldn't bear his weight. He fell down again. His entire body ached, and he had small scratches and fleshwounds everywhere. Due to the night's rest, he could perform at least a minor spell, and soon enough he could move without feeling nauseaus. But as quick as he regained his health, just as quick he started to panic. What had happened to Daniella? Had she managed to escape, or had she been tracked down by the undead? Well, the best thing he could do was to try to get back home. First of all, though, he decided to send out a message back to the castle again. Quickly he gathered his mind and sent out a thriving. He reached someone, but he had absolutely no idea who it could be. He decided that anything was better than silence and slowly started sending the words. The message was quick, "Alive, others dead, Daniella might have escaped, undead in Southern parts of Doma, send reinforcements." He finished the message and breathed out. Now all he had to do was to get back... easier said than done. He started walking towards what he figured was north, and after a while he could actually see the sun and the forest was clearing up. He sighed out of relief, but then realized how open he would be if he walked outside. Quickly he hurried back into the shadows. He couldn't hear anything, but that didn't mean... wait, he heard something...

Christian couldn't believe this. A donkey cart was coming slowly down the road that Christians patrol had taken only a few moments ago. Sitting on the cart was a farmer, whistling a happy melody. Christian ran out in front of the cart, waving at it to stop.

"Whoa," the farmer said with a surprised look, "what's the matter, kid? Someone's been hurt?" Christian frowned, but didn't say anything.

"Listen," he began, trying to sound as mature as possible, "the undead attacked us this night. They killed my entire border patrol team and I was lucky to make it out alive!"

The farmer eyed Christian for a split second and then smiled. "You kids and your games," the man chuckled warmly, "but you shouldn't be out playing in clothing like that, someone could mistake you for a White Mage." The man chuckled again. "Come on, hop up and I'll take you to Smildale." Christian didn't know what to say. Either the farmer was dumb as a brick or the undead had drawn back.

"Listen, I'm serious," Christian began, "just bring me to the closest military outpost and I'll make sure you'll be rewarded." Christian was desperate.

"Hehe... just hop aboard and I'll bring you to Smildale." Christian sighed, shrugged and climbed up on the cart.

((OOC: Christian's now in the current Doma, 1310))

JoshuaDurron

Protocol 1

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Oct 18, 2002 4:37 pm

Kotoki's Inn
Noon

-Goas function log-
Beginning to be noticed. No hostile movements at this time. Previous interactions with locals have been terminated. No sign of hostiles at all. This is threatening ability to excecute Protocol 1, the neuteralization of hostiles. It is hampering unit's effectiveness.
Protocol 67 indicates that this is most likely due to limited scope in initial programming, but adaptive protocols are having difficulty compensating...
-end log-

The Goas was, in short, highly confused. A situation with no clear goal in sight was something completely beyond it's scope of thinking. As it stood, hunkered in it's corner, it continued to brood, it's thought process running through a continuous loop of protocols, trying to find, or write, one appropriate to the situation.

((OOC: Um... just a note. While Goas is technically big, he is not tall. He will not tower over other patrons of the bar. In fact, he stands only four feet, seven inches tall. What he is is broad, and fairly thick. Just to avoid confusion...))

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs