A Son's Vengeance (Freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
JoshuaDurron

Re: And HEE'S a jolly good feeelow!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:28 pm

I nodded once, my hearing telling me the others had also regained conciousness at this point. "Excellent. I will have to arrange matters with the village elders before I will be ready to leave. I will also have to speak with my acolyte. When should I meet back with you?"

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:52 pm

"Hmm..." Koneko thought for a moment and then replied, "depending on how long it'll take, we could either wait here or go to Welsford to contact the carrier pidgeon service..." he trailed off.

Hippolyta finished his thought, "and gather supplies; we'll need food, reagents and gold."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Sep 28, 2002 8:51 am

I frowned. Given the nature of the religious council here, and the fact that I would also have to arrange several matters with the fragment of people who were devoted to the service of Dumat... "I shall meet you in Welsford then, sometime around the tenth bell tomorrow." Something suddenly occurred to me. "Of course, how could I be so stupid? I must know who I am looking for. What is your name son?"

Koneko

Of course, introductions, introductions...

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Sep 29, 2002 1:07 am

"Eh? My name is Koneko." he replied.

JoshuaDurron

Re: Of course, introductions, introductions...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Sep 29, 2002 9:22 am

I bowed in his direction. "Well met, Koneko. You may call me Joshua now, there will be no need for formalities when you begin your quest.
Very well, I shall meet you tomorrow at noon. Unless there are other matters to attend to here, I'm afraid I must be going, for now." I made to leave, but waited to hear if there was anything else the boy would want from me.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Sep 29, 2002 11:08 am

Koneko thought for a moment, and said, "No, I think that'll be all, although I'd hate to leave without..." Koneko trailed off and quickly shuffled off.

Hippolyta sighed and finished his sentence for Joshua, "without saying goodbye to his friends."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Sep 29, 2002 12:36 pm

I nodded. "I completely understand. Your son is a brave man, to undertake such a task. The mere thought of such a thing would have overwhelmed lesser men of twice his age. You have raised him well, inspite of his heritage. You should be proud of him. And I think you are."
I gripped my staff tightly, preparing for the tasks ahead of me. At times, facing the council of elders was worse than facing a Demon Lord. But what must be done, must be done. "Goodbye, for now, my children. I have much to attend to before the noon bell rings tomorrow."
I turned and began to make my way towards the council halls, my staff tapping lightly on the ground.

Koneko

Rieltar still isn't back, I see.

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Sep 29, 2002 6:53 pm

Razork looked blankly at Fierolin, then said to Hippolyta, "Could we have some paper here?" to find that she was gone. Striding out of the doorway to the kitchen which was now exposed to the open air, with a large green sack with her belongings on her back, she said to the two, "Let's go quickly; if we stay any longer there'll be one heck of a crowd here, wanting to know what happened. Writing supplies are in the bag."

Oz 200

Re: Rieltar still isn't back, I see.

Unread postby Oz 200 » Mon Sep 30, 2002 12:55 am

Fierolin looked out from what hade bin a window. Then she came to think of something.

”Ok let’s go but we will need to make a quick stop at my house, I need to get my bracelet and my ring”

Koneko

Yeps

Unread postby Koneko » Mon Sep 30, 2002 3:07 pm

"Very well then. Lead the way." Hippolyta replied.

Oz 200

Re: Yeps

Unread postby Oz 200 » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:06 am

They started to walk and it wasn’t long before they arrived at a little house just out side the city, the house was built around a tree and used the tree crown as a roof.
“ I will be back so”
She walked into the house and came back a copal of minutes, this time she was wherein a ring on her right index finger, the ring looked like a golden dragon that at any given moment would fly away, she were also wherein a pair of bracelets on witch the eleven words “mother”, “warrior” and “ “Londer” (the last one being her last name).
“Ok im al set to go”

Koneko

Re: Yeps

Unread postby Koneko » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:37 pm

"Personal effects..." Hippolyta smiled.

Koneko was speaking to a friend of his, a small Nekojin. The little one squeaked, "Are you sure I can't come with you?"

Koneko said somewhat indignantly, "A demon lord is not something to be trifled with! Of course you can't come with us!"

"But you're going!"

"And so is my mom!"

"Well, what if I got my mom to come?"

Koneko paused and thought for a moment. Ada would be a valuable asset to the group. Koneko dismissed the thought; Ada and his mom would talk constantly and prevent them from going anywhere. He had seen it before... if his mom couldn't cook dinner because she was talking to Ada, she wouldn't change any on the adventure...

"No, Cody, you can't come."

" AWWWW!"

Koneko patted the catboy on the head. "Maybe next time... maybe next time."

The child hung his head. "Well, bye then..." he said sadly.

Koneko was sadder than the kid. "Farewell... take care. *sniff*"

Koneko walked slowly away.

IM: I'm coming back. I am!

He soon saw the rest of the group. His face brightened as he tried to put on a fair facade to his troubled mind.

"Hello again!" he said brightly.

JoshuaDurron

Holy work

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:37 pm

I was not born blind. I knew from my memories that the hall where I stood was not particularly large, but the ceiling was a window which let light pour in, and it was especially spectacular a few hours after sunrise, and a few hours before sunset. Anyone addressing the council of elders at those times would seem to be wringed in holy light. I could only hope that the effect was with me right then, as I stood before the village council. Not everyone there liked me, but even fewer would approve of my leaving. A seasoned council member and seer is a difficult person to find.
"If I understand you correctly, Joshua, you wish to leave this village permanently in order to assist a child in his efforts to slay a demon lord?" The head council was asking.
"I have seen what will occur if I do not, and the future it shall bring is dark." This was true. I had seen a vision while I was blessing the boy. It wasn't all clear what happened, but it was definitely a dark future, and it was definitely because I had not gone with the boy. "My visions have never been in error before. Will you now question the revelations I have received?"
The head was silent for a moment. Then he replied, "No. I for one will not."
The debate went on for much longer than that, but in the end I was released from the council with their blessing. My replacement would be determined later, but I was fairly certain my acolyte would be chosen. He was of age, and had begun to see visions of his own. I felt certain all would be well with him. There was now before me only one last task.

Koneko

Hmm... tis subplot!

Unread postby Koneko » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:43 am

Hippolyta greeted Koneko. "Hello, my son. Ready to go?"

Koneko replied brightly, "Yes, I suppose I am."

"We must cross the river to reach Welsford, you know. And how do we do that?"

Koneko grinned as he recognized the childhood game, "Over the bridge Image !"

"Over the bridge Image ?"

"Over the bridge Image !"

"Over the bridge Image !"

Smiling and happy for the moment, they travelled through the forests on the way to Welsford. "Razork," Koneko said quizically, "This is near your home, isn't it?"

(OOC: I don't think he's coming back but it's worth giving him another shot.)

JoshuaDurron

The saint's cause

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:09 pm

I stood before the followers of Dumat. We are few, anywhere. In such a remote place, are numbers are even less. There were perhaps twenty of us all together. We all know each other, trust each other, we are in short, generally a tight community. Such are our values. Saying goodbye to those people was one of the hardest things I ever did. But I knew it had to be done. And so I began my last words of wisdom to them.
"My friends, six hundred years ago the great Thomas Dumat preached a doctrine that would make him an outcast among almost all men. He accepted this with dignity, and never stopped caring for his fellow man, or working for his vision.
"Now, six hundred years later we still hold that vision: That a world where people have decided to no longer use the powers of the arcane will be a far better one than that which we have now. That a world where people have seen the error of arcane magic will be more peaceful and more pleasent than ours.
"We have strived to convince others of this by living without magic ourselves. Many of Dumat's followers were, and are mages who have seen magical creations run wild, and wreak havoc, or other mishaps of the magical world. This has only strengthened our testimony. Perhaps one day, all will be willing to lay aside magic.
"But until then, we are willing to work with other mages and representatives of the arcane in order to keep it from doing to much damage. Dumat himself under took such tasks while he was here, and was fully willing to work with the forces of the arcane to prevent havoc.
"Now I find myself called to a similar cause. I will be leaving you tonight on a holy mission to purge a demon lord from the planet. I ask for your blessing. I ask for your prayers. May God bless you in the future."
I stood silently for a moment, my unseeing eyes staring out at people who I had known for forty years. A vision flashed before my eyes, of their community flurishing in the future. Wistfully, I realized they would be fine, even without me. I wish I could be as certain for my group's wellfare in the future.

Oz 200

a mothers mind.....

Unread postby Oz 200 » Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:06 am

Fierolin looked at the beautiful nature the was around them she listened to the song of the birds and the vind in the threes she smiled and laught. She looked at Hippolyta “Did you ewer met Fielin when she visited last time?

Koneko

Good to see we're still here...

Unread postby Koneko » Mon Oct 07, 2002 6:19 pm

Hippolyta's brow furrowed in thought. "I don't believe so... I was catering for a council meeting, I believe, and didn't have time to do so. Please describe her for me..." she said, allowing her train of thought to wander.

Oz 200

Re: Good to see we're still here...

Unread postby Oz 200 » Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:59 pm

Fierolin looked deep in to her memory and grasped the last picture of her doter. “Well she is not so tall and weary slim, she always where this whit robe and a neckles here father gave her.....” Fierloin beckan quiet”...hehe it’s a little sun if i remember right. Anyhow she looks allot like me except that she has a streak blond hair. She smiles when ever she can witch isn’t that often, She is sick and gets weary weak when night falls, why i don’t know(last one being a lie).

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Tue Oct 08, 2002 5:18 pm

Hippolyta fell silent, deep in thought. Indeed, a mother's mind is often hard to fathom.

Much noise abounded. The city of Welsford was before them.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 10/10/02 8:54:04 pm

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:34 am

She looked at the great city listening to al the sounds and smelt the air and the “I love this place so full of life”

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:57 pm

Indeed. More people called this place home than the rest of the valley combined. Bustling with activity, it wasn't hard to see why this place was called "Ya Eloni du Et Kespe," or "The Heart of Et Kespe."

However, attaining supplies would be somewhat difficult; since there was no currency, trade basically revolved around equipment, spell components, food and services.

Nevertheless, Hippolyta was sure to have brought along some food and a little equipment, and Koneko had a number of exotic spell components in his collection. It couldn't be too hard...

Could it?

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:53 pm

It was morning. I could tell because the sun was falling on my face, and sharing it's warmth, and the air was filled with the sounds of the new sun. Mothers shooing their children to get out of bed, the sounds of peddler's carts being set up for the day, and other things. I slowly dragged myself out of bed and prepared for the day.
After donning my robes and taking up my staff, I set out for Welsford, with my acolyte on my arm. It would be his last task as my acolyte, guiding me to Welsford. Then he would be the village seer, and soon, a council member, and most importantly, the overseer of the followers of Dumat in the area. I knew the burden was weighing heavily on him, but I also knew he was ready. And he knew I thought so as well.
We walked on in silence, just enjoying the comradery. For a little while longer, at least, we were instructor and student.

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:26 am

" We might as well start with sending the letter the, message wont be there until to tomorrow and the air ship will probably come tomorrow night" she kept on looking at the people in the city and the where as always the where in on the mow al the time.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

*pops up*

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:16 am

(OOC: Yep, another new arrival answers the call...)

The city of Welsford.

Within the Setting Sun Inn, Old Krig sat at his spot. By now, he was such a regular feature of the bar that nobody could remember a time when the grey-haired old man hadn't been around.

But Krig remembered. It had been sixty years since he arrived here, young and on the run. He'd built himself a successful business here, and lived a good life.

But he'd outlived the friends he'd made here, and he'd never married. There was nothing holding him here. In fact, young Nik was more than ready to take over the business. He was doing most of the work anyway nowadays.

With a start, Krig realised he was talking himself into leaving. But why?

And then it hit him. He wanted to see home again before he died. Krig wanted to return to Valth.

Koneko

Re: *pops up*

Unread postby Koneko » Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:35 am

"Well, wait a second..." Koneko said to Fierolin. "We need to get the message out first..."

Hippolyta beckoned. "So, expedition leader, should we continue on our quest?" she said whimsically.

"Actually," Koneko mused, "I think I'll have a drink..."

"For shame, Koneko!"

"Kidding! Just kidding!"

Hippolyta thought for a second. "But I think I need a drink..."

They walked through the city. A number of mages were in a tight-knit circle, trading reagents. They walked by those; the group could always come back to them later.

Seeing a pleasant-looking place, Hippolyta read, "Setting Sun Inn. Well, we don't need to rest; let's see if they've got food."

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sun Oct 13, 2002 2:32 am

"A drink wold be nice"

OOC:sorry for the shortness of my post but i don't want this rp to die, and i didn't think of anything better.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Oct 13, 2002 11:06 am

They strode through the door. "A drink! A drink! My kingdom for a drink!" Hippolyta said.

"Mooomm..."

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Tue Oct 15, 2002 12:27 am

she giggled softly "he some one shod writ that down, ehhhh do we actually have things to trade in for the drinks?"

Edited by: Oz 200 at: 10/16/02 1:50:55 pm

Koneko

But of course!

Unread postby Koneko » Wed Oct 16, 2002 5:41 pm

Koneko drew out the imp's axe that he had picked up waaay back in the cave.

"I suppose we could get quite a few for this..."

Oz 200

Re: But of course!

Unread postby Oz 200 » Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:24 am

"Woho then i want a beer, and for the rest of you" she looked at the rest of the trop

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Oct 18, 2002 5:30 pm

Krig sighed quietly upon overhearing the exchange. Only one of those adventurer types would pay for drinks by trading in an axe.

This did not bode well for his peace and quiet over the rest of the day. Well, since the day was a total loss anyway, he might as well get going with his preparations. From what he remembered, there would be an airship departing to Doma later today. From there, he could make his way to Valth.

Decision made, Krig abandoned his drink, and made his way to the door. Putting his affairs in order wouldn't take long, and he should have plenty of time to catch the ship.

Oz 200

Koneko are you there?

Unread postby Oz 200 » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:48 am

"Well is no one besides me gona order something?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

It's on hold.

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Oct 22, 2002 2:43 am

((Essentially, Koneko's decided that the plot was a bit thin. Check the OOC forum for details.))

Previous

Return to Gaera Main RPs