A Son's Vengeance (Freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Koneko

Choto Mate...

Unread postby Koneko » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:23 pm

From the next room, aside from the sounds of cooking, came a small "eep" and the sound of smashing. After a brief bit of ununderstandable conversation, Koneko walked into the room sweeping what looked to be the remains of an earthenware bowl.

"Food's almost ready. Cheers!"

So saying, he proceeded to sweep the shards out a nearby door and to the side, then went back into the kitchen.

Koneko

Dinner is served!

Unread postby Koneko » Wed Sep 11, 2002 3:47 pm

Shortly afterward, Hippolyta and Koneko brought out four fairly large earthenware bowls filled with a very appetizing stew filled with vegetables and bat's meat. Setting a bowl each before Fierolin and Razork, Hippolyta sat down at the head of the table while Koneko returned with drinks, and then sat at the foot of the table.

Looking around the table, Hippolyta said, "Koneko, could you get us some bread?"

Koneko nodded and began to cast a spell, calling a loaf of bread to the table, and gave a little cheer when the food touched down.

Hippolyta smiled. "You may begin!"

(OOC: When dinner is finished, we will proceed.)

Oz 200

Re: Dinner is served!

Unread postby Oz 200 » Wed Sep 11, 2002 4:11 pm

"Thanks i haven't eaten anything beside carrots and potatoes for the last 4 weeks"

she looked down in the bowl.

"Mind if i leave the bats, i have a problem eating animals"

She started to eat of the stew it tasted great.

Raltar Arianrhod

Re: Dinner is served!

Unread postby Raltar Arianrhod » Sat Sep 14, 2002 5:26 am

Razork began his meal, enjoying the home cooking that he hardly ever had in his life. It was so good, he nearly forgot where he was, losing himself in the delicious food and drink. After finishing his meal, he sat back with a smile.

"That was very good...thank you very much.... Now, is there something I can help you with to show my appreciation for all you have done for me?"

Koneko

And now... a quest!

Unread postby Koneko » Sat Sep 14, 2002 9:43 am

Hippolyta had remained strangely quiet during the meal, and ate only a little of her food.

"Is something wrong, mom?" Koneko asked.

Hippolyta, somewhat somberly, replied to Razork. "Yes, I suppose there is." Sighing and pushing away her food, she said, "I've found him."

"Who?" Koneko was quite confused.

Hippolyta stood up and addressed the three of them.

"Koneko, you've always wanted to go on a quest, right? To see what lies beyond?"

"Yeah... what are you saying?"

"I want you, and you two if you are willing," Hippolyta said, indicating Fierolin and Razork, "to hunt a particular demon, called Zixon."

Koneko was baffled. "Why should we do that? Why should I even bother with him?"

A saddened light came into Hippolyta's eyes. "Because, Koneko, he is your father."

Silence prevailed, and was ended when Hippolyta spoke again.

"My spells have located him near a city to the far northeast, called 'Doma.' You'll have to go either to Welsford or Llyr to gather supplies for a trip. Try to get some gold; it's quite valuable in the outside world."

Koneko, while somewhat shocked, began to show interest. "How are we going to get there?"

"You could walk..."

"Nah, I know a better way. Fierolin, you said you had a daughter on the outside, right? We could go to Welsford and contact the illegal carrier pidgeon service, and get her to bring us an airship or some chocobos... silly me! I've quite forgotten: will you two be joining me on this quest?"

Oz 200

Re: And now... a quest!

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:57 am

"I will follow you. and yes we cod contact Fielin but chocobons doesn’t live in my lands but we have air ships so that isn’t going to be a problem."

Koneko

After 3 pages, the main quest emerges... whee!

Unread postby Koneko » Sat Sep 14, 2002 6:20 pm

"Of course," Koneko said, "I am open to any suggestions... what was that?"

A shadow had flitted across the door entrance.

Raltar Arianrhod

Re: After 3 pages, the main quest emerges... whee!

Unread postby Raltar Arianrhod » Sun Sep 15, 2002 6:49 am

Razork nodded.

"I'll go with you," he said, but he noticed the shadow as well.

The large half-orc stood up and placed his hand on the handle of his axe, preparing for the worst.

Oz 200

Re: After 3 pages, the main quest emerges... whee!

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:16 am

"What is that!"

She unshets Blizzard

Koneko

Boss battle! Boo-ya!

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Sep 15, 2002 2:10 pm

Hippolyta's eyes narrowed, and she began to chant, " Spirits of light, lend me your power! Dispel the darkness and reveal the truth! "

A flash of light enveloped the room. In the doorway stood a creature, about four feet tall, and still cloaked in shadow. Standing hunched over with spines all over its body, and sporting fearsome claws, it could only be one thing.

Koneko whispered fearfully, "A slayer shadow..."

<Combat begins>

(OOC: Since Razork is here now, you two call your attacks now and I'll give the result of the entire turn in one sitting.)

<Initiative Round as Follows:>
<Slayer Shadow>
<Fierolin>
<Razork>
<Koneko>
<Hippolyta has used her turn to dispel illusions.>

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 9/19/02 1:01:22 am

Oz 200

Re: Boss battle! Boo-ya!

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sun Sep 15, 2002 2:31 pm

OOC: ok i start (i think)

She held blizzard in her hands chanting in a strange lang the blade started to shine with a blue aura.

(Snow blade is ready next turn)

Koneko

Taking a turn now...

Unread postby Koneko » Tue Sep 17, 2002 9:30 pm

(OOC: Since this is all at once, I don't see the harm in taking my turn now.)

Koneko examined the beast. He had been told enough of these creatures to be able to recognize one, but not more than that. Which would soon be remedied.

He put a single hand on his chest, over his heart, and extended the other, palm straight, and chanted, "Enemy of mine, foe most dire, reveal thy shine, or shadow and fire! LIBRA!"

(OOC: Sorry about the frequent combat (2 in 3 pages is far too many) but I need to get a good idea of party balance to see if we need NPCs or other people, and the combat abilities of your characters, to plan future combats (especially boss battles) accordingly.)

Raltar Arianrhod

Unread postby Raltar Arianrhod » Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:45 am

Razork quickly tore his stone great axe from it's sheath and let out roar.

"You will fall before my fury!!!"

The half-orc raised the axe and rushed forward until he reached the creature. With all of his might, he cleaved downward.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Thu Sep 19, 2002 1:13 pm

The slayer shadow seemed to "open" it's "eyes," revealing two pearly-white almond-shaped alien eyes. A voice sounded, not from where the mouth should have been, but from the eyes themselves, a sinister, hissing voice.

"Necromanceress, we meet again! This time you will not escape u..." It was cut short by Razork's cry. The beast sidestepped the axe swing, but, being in a doorway, suffered many sliced spines, which fell to the floor and disintegrated.

It's "eyes" narrowed, and it slashed one of its claws at Razork, knocking his axe out of his hand and injuring said hand somewhat. Razork felt his arm go numb. "Fool!" was all that it said.

<Razork's axe-holding arm has been cursed and minorly chilled, resulting in significant penalties attached to it. Unless, of course, it's a double-handed axe, in which case it's whichever arm you want.>

Fierolin chanted in a strange language, drawing the power of the frozen north into her katana.
<Snow Blade is ready!>

"LIBRA!" Koneko shouted, and information was passed directly into his mind.

<Statistics:>
<HP: unknown>
<MP: unknown>
<Spellcasting ability: limited>
<Creature Type: Shadow>
[url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 9/21/02 6:54:27 pm
[/i]

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:21 am

The Katana was now emitting a blue aura and a soft humming cod be heard when it cut fro the air and cam flying to wards the creature.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sat Sep 21, 2002 4:27 pm

(OOC: As Koneko pretty much issued an open invitation for people to join in the first few combats, assuming that I interpereted him correctly, and assuming the invitation is still open...)

It wasn't the sound that really got my attention. It was the smell. Of course, anyone could hear the beginning of the battle, what with yelled challenges and incantations as are always present in such things. That alone would have held my attention for, perhaps two seconds. Then I would have dismissed it as an altercation with that half-orc brute who had passed through, and decided it was none of my buisness. But the smell stopped me. I could smell the darkness, even from half way across the village.
It's true, that is unusual. When one is blind, one's other senses will often strengthen to take up the slack. And when one has been blessed with holy visions of the future, it only makes sense that one be sensitive to the pressence of dark beings.
I am called Joshua Durron. For forty years have I walked this world, a humble human in the service of the Saint Thomas Dumat. To say I have 'walked this world' is an exaggeration. In fact, I have rarely left this village, and then only when my services were, for some odd reason, required elsewhere. I have been the seer here since the last one died, twenty five years ago. Since the age of fifteen I have led the tiny group of Dumat's followers in this village with what spiritual wisdom I possess, and I have used the knowledge from my visions to help the village as a whole.
But I have never, in my life, smelled evil like I did now. Thieves, yes. Liars, yes. Murderers, yes. But nothing like this. I reached down and siezed my staff. A humble, wooden pole, nothing like the Staff of Redemption legend says St. Dumat once carried, but fit enough to feel out the path before me, and compensate for my lack of vision, and sturdy enough to deal a powerful blow to the backs of those who have done wrong and require correction.
I hastened to the door, and began making my way across the village as quickly as I could. Hopefully I would not be to late. And hopefully, there would be some way I could help.

(OOC: PS: I'm new, so I appologize for any faux pas' I've made. Flame me, if you like. Flame the character, and I will become angry...)

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Sep 22, 2002 2:08 am

(OOC: Joshua, welcome to the RP and to RPG World World in general. I tell you right now that you just made my day. BTW to all, this particular time I'm kind of on a roll, so I'll give the first half of the round now.)

<Slayer Shadow's Turn>

The slayer shadow was angry. Nay, he was downright pissed. Not only had this woman apparently gotten stronger herself, but she had three friends along with her. The one, though; something was strange about him; his aura, his manner, something was odd. Going on a hunch, it gathered a darkened ball of energy in its spiny hands, firing an immense blast straight at the teenage mage.

Koneko knew he wasn't going to dodge that. In essense, he took a shadowblast head on. Engulfed in a torrent of writhing dark energies, his head felt like it was splitting, most of his nerves overloaded and sputtered out. Each and every one of his muscles tensed like springs, and then released. Koneko collapsed on the floor, still conscious but unable to move.

<Hippolyta's Turn> (Turns switched a bit again for drama's sake)

Hippolyta was considerably more enraged than the shadow. With a glare that would have sent any mortal creature cowering under the table like a child, her brow twitching, she said, "No one, NO ONE, harms my son and LIVES!", raising her hands, she began to chant. " Plane of Fire, unleash thy wrath upon this hapless fool! Char his bones 'till none remain... FIGA!" A humongous flamethrower burst from her hands and buried the slayer shadow, wiping out a considerable section of the house as well. When the flames receeded, the slayer shadow still looked the same, but a simple aura check would make obvious the fact that it was hurting badly.

<Fierolin's Turn>

Fierolin took in all these events, awaiting her chance to strike. This beast would pay dearly for his evil, no doubt about that. She charged furiously toward the beast with her enhanced katana. Clearing the table with a single bound, she stabbed Blizzard with all her might toward an "eye." The power of the frozen north came forth from the katana, chilling the slayer shadow to the bone. Being partially a creature of ice itself it was not as hurt as it could've been. Nevertheless, the eye winked out in a flurry of shadow energies which exploded upon Fierolin, not actually injuring her but draining her life-force somewhat.

Arriving on the scene just then was the town's seer. Even if he couldn't see, he couldn't miss the vaporized stone smell that was the result of Hippolyta's figa spell.

<Rest of Initiative Round as follows:>
<Joshua>
<Razork>
<Koneko>

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Sep 22, 2002 9:33 am

The scent of scorched earth and charred stone was everywhere when I reached the scene. But it could not overwhelm the smell of evil that permiated the area.
I stopped, oh some twenty feet away from the sounds of the battle. No point wandering into a melee I couldn't see. I gripped my staff firmly, a bit nervous. I had only invoked the grace of St. Dumat in combat twice before. Both times were now in the distant past.
Never the less, I began to chant, "Saint Dumat, hear my plea, interceed with the heaves for me, holy energies all around, render this evil gagged and bound."
If I had done everything right, the demon would be held in place by holy energies, and hopefully unable to use magic. I could only pray...

Koneko

With your help, the beast won't stand a chance...

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Sep 22, 2002 2:00 pm

<Joshua's Turn>

It was injured, leaking energies quickly. The slayer shadow knew that it couldn't stay corporeal for long at this rate. Its decision quickly made, it attempted to flee away from the combatants, quickly covering ground. About ten feet away from Joshua, it stopped dead, then started to charge.

"Just a blind old man," it thought, "breeze right past."

The seer began to chant. The shadow wasn't particularly worried; "probably a simple beam spell or another libra."

Joshua found his prayers answered as clouds split, and a blindingly white spear of light erupted from the heavens straight down on the slayer shadow, surrounding it with a field of radiant holy energies and paralyzing it.

Panicking, it tapped a mental rapport to its master, sending a flurry of thoughts and giving a direct visual feed.

(OOC: Sorry Rieltar, but I'm adjusting turns again...)

<Koneko's Turn>

Koneko picked himself up. He turned to face the slayer shadow, now several feet away. His eyes seemed to blaze with an unholy fire. In a significantly deepened voice, he said to the monster, "I don't know where you come from, fool, but you will perish here!" Barely knowing what he was doing, he turned his hands inward toward himself and focused. Glowing red, a five-pointed star in a circle appeared below him. Koneko himself began to glow. Turning his hands then outward, a pulsing red ball appeared and grew larger and larger. Uttering naught but one word, "DIE!" he flung a blast of pure demonic energy straight at the beast. Reacting with the the dark power, the paralyzing spell stripped away and winked out. The energies carried straight past the beast, narrowly missing Joshua.

The slayer shadow sent a single thought, "No doubt about it; it's him," through its telepathic link before oblivion took it.

<Combat Ends>

Koneko collapsed to the floor, exhausted.

JoshuaDurron

Re: With your help, the beast won't stand a chance...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Sep 22, 2002 7:25 pm

The sweet smell of holy energies had come and gone, the heat of magic fires had flown past, and I was now confused. There was no mistaking the scent of two demons present. But one was not normal. There was something unusual about it, something I could not place. And there was no doubting that one of the demons had vanquished the other. Now the smell of evil was mostly gone.
With nothing else to do, I hurried forward, the question "Is every one all right?" bursting from my lips.

Koneko

Rhetorical question, I assume...

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Sep 22, 2002 9:10 pm

Hippolyta looked around her, from Razork trying to move his arm, to Koneko who was unconsicous on the floor.

"I suppose you could say... no." she said somewhat sarcastically, but then sighted the source of the voice. "Elder! Forgive me..."

JoshuaDurron

Re: Rhetorical question, I assume...

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Sep 22, 2002 9:13 pm

"My child, be calm," I replied. "I understand your frustration, but I quite litterally cannot see what is causing it. Are there injured? I might be able to help them."
I shuffled forward a few feet, feeling the ground with my staff, and waited for a reply.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Sep 22, 2002 9:41 pm

Her voice considerably more humble, Hippolyta said, "There are indeed. If you need it, I will guide you to them."

She strode over to where he was.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Sun Sep 22, 2002 9:44 pm

I nodded. "Please do. Healing is one thing I can do with considerable skill. If you could tell me something of the nature of their injuries, it would be even more helpful."
I waited for her to lead me to the stricken, recalling to mind the blessings I would need to use.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:38 pm

Hippolyta took his arm and carefully led him, stepping over wrecked chunks of stone, to the unconscious Koneko.

"First, he was hit by a shadowblast," Hippolyta explained, "and then he used a spell and overexerted himself."

Shaking her head, she added, "Either of those would've killed a normal person."

IM: Spell? Hah; unless he's been taking regular instruction from demonlords and I haven't known about it, that was no spell.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:37 pm

I inhaled deeply as I knelt by the boy's side. There was no doubting it, this boy was part demon. I could sense it deep in his soul. I placed my hands on his shoulder and began to murmur holy blessings, being careful not to invoke any energies harmful to dark powers.
When I was done, I looked up in the direction of the woman who's voice I had heard earlier, my blank stare gazing into nothingness. "He will awaken in a short time, I cannot say how long for sure. Are there others who need assisstance?"
I was beginning to wonder about this boy. Something deep within me was beginning to prompt me in a way I had not felt in a long time.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Mon Sep 23, 2002 8:10 pm

(OOC: Sorry about controlling you guys, Oz and Reiltar, but it's just post-combat healing.)

"Yes, there are these two," Hippolyta indicated Razork and Fierolin.

Fierolin, having sheathed Blizzard, gave a short bow, then clutched her stomach. "I'm not really hurt, but I don't feel very well..."

Razork was futily trying to move his arm and did not speak.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Mon Sep 23, 2002 10:59 pm

I nodded. One I could tell was the half-orc who had been through earlier. He had the dark, heavy scent of such a person. His arm was not so badly off, just recovering from the chill of the demon. A few blessings sped his recovery to a successful conclusion. The other I could not quite place, though her scent was crisp, like a cold winter day. Perhaps merely a whisp of battle magic hanging over her. Similar words as with the half-orc healed her completely.
I turned back to the woman who was apparently in charge. "Now, on behalf of the holy men of this town, may I ask exactly what happened?" My tone was not harsh, merely curious. There was a stirring in my soul, like a prompting from above. But I needed to understand further...

Koneko

Yay! We've got a healer!

Unread postby Koneko » Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:10 pm

Hippolyta sighed and said to Joshua, "I suppose it means that they've found me. I was hiding in this valley, right smack dab in the middle of nowhere, to escape the demonlord Zixon. This creature which was just here was one of his agents; I very much doubt either I or this town will be safe for long."

Many thousands of miles away, Zixon pondered this new information. It was interesting news; not only had his servant found the woman, but she was accompanied by another sorcerer, her son. But the attack; he had seen it. He had used it; it was one of his trademarks. So the boy was his son as well.

Soaring above the clouds en route to Doma, he wondered how Colverto would take the news.

JoshuaDurron

Re: Yay! We've got a healer!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:26 pm

I sighed. "I see. My child, you have placed this town in a great amount of danger. The wrath of a demon lord is not to be courted lightly. What have you done to incure his wrath?"
I had a fair guess, from the scent of the child, as to why a demon lord would be hunting this woman. But I wanted to hear it from her. What she said in the next few moments would greatly influence what I decided to do.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:52 pm

"Well," Hippolyta replied, "after my villiage was destroyed by his minions, to this day I don't know why, I was taken alive and forced into his... service... you might say, of course resulting in my son here. However, he has a much greater reason to be tracking me down."

So saying, she drew forth from her robes her personal weapon: a sword of a black mass of living shadow and blood flowing unendingly across its surface.

"In my escape several weeks later, I stole this blade; the corrupted runeblade Anaya."

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:57 pm

My eyes, though unseeing, widened. "My child, that is indeed a reason for him to hunt you. Demons will hold grudges like no one else. Except perhaps dragons." My brow was furrowed in concentration.
"There is much danger to this village. I will have no choice but to allert the elders of it. Do you have plans as to what you will do now?"

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:16 pm

Hippolyta explained, "Well, the idea was for us to go seek him out, and thus gain the advantage of surprise and probably catch him unprotected. But that plan's kind of shot to hell..."

A faint groan signaled Koneko's return to consciousness.

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:37 pm

I frowned. For a split second, a vision of the future flashed past my eyes. I caught no details, but was left with the impression of great evil if this journey was not undertaken.
"Perhaps that plan is not as bad as it may seem. I believe that we should undertake it but first..."
I turned to the boy, whom I heard stirring. "Are you alright, my child?"

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Wed Sep 25, 2002 1:17 am

In the great halls of the ice castle of Shindina (Ice mother) a girl wakes up she is sick she has been al her life no healer have been aybel to tell what was wrong whit her so everybody assumes it is a punishment for her mothers sins. But she knows the truf is that her fader were a sun elf and there for she cant live in the darkness of the north but she is to weak to travel alone so al she can do is to wait for a letter from her mother that says she will come and get her.

“Well we will need a air ship so i will write to my land saying that they send my doter and a air ship to Welsford” she tried to walk but she was still a little to weak “Razork cold you pleas give me a piece of paper and a pen pleas?”

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:49 pm

(OOC: Oz! Where've you been?)

Koneko got up heavily from the ground. "Arrrg... did somebody get the name of that chocobo?" He was on his knees and was panting heavily.

Sighting the town seer, his eyes widened. "Sir..."

Then returned to their normal position when he remembered the question. "Oh, yes. I'm fine... I guess..."

Looking around himself, he asked, "What happened?"

(OOC: Oh and Oz, since you were talking to Razork, I'll give him a few days to respond then I'll do some limited GM control. I hope he hasn't left the board permanently and is just on vacation.)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 9/26/02 9:13:48 pm

JoshuaDurron

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:20 pm

"You were struck by a demon, and then... over exerted yourself. I believe that your mother was speaking of an attempt to hunt down a demon lord. I assume you would be the leader of this expidition? If so..." I paused a moment, a brief flicker of doubt passing through my mind. Surely the other clergy in this town would resist my decision. But I would convince them, I was sure. So, with a prayer to God, and in His name, I announced, "I wish to go with you."

Koneko

And HEE'S a jolly good feeelow!

Unread postby Koneko » Thu Sep 26, 2002 8:59 pm

"..." Koneko gave a blank look. "Overexerted... with a libra? I remember being hit by a shadow attack, but I lost consciousness then..."

Looking around him, he saw half the house in ruins. "Didn't I?"

JoshuaDurron

Re: And HEE'S a jolly good feeelow!

Unread postby JoshuaDurron » Thu Sep 26, 2002 11:04 pm

I frowned. "Hm..." I shot a quick look at his mother. "Perhaps you overexerted yourself farther than I thought. It's possible you could be experiencing minor memory loss. However... You have yet to give me a response. Will you allow me to accompany you in search of the demon lord Zixon?"

Koneko

Re: And HEE'S a jolly good feeelow!

Unread postby Koneko » Fri Sep 27, 2002 3:15 pm

Koneko was delighted. "But of course!... eh Mom, aren't you the one to decide that?"

Hippolyta shook her head. "You're the leader here," she said amusedly, now that Koneko was out of danger. For the moment.

Koneko gave a bow to the seer. "Well then... I would be pleased to have you accompany us... sir."

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs