A Son's Vengeance (Freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Koneko

A Son's Vengeance (Freestyle RP)

Unread postby Koneko » Sat Aug 31, 2002 8:51 am

*13 years ago*

Memories. So sweet. So fragile. Except for these.
Hippolyta didn't know what she expected, travelling due south of Baron. Probably, it was exactly what she got: mile after mile of endless mountains. Looking down at her infant son, the memories came back to her.

Her villiage had been torn apart by demons. Her friends all dead, her family all dead, she fought. Her powerful magic had severed the lesser ones from existance. But there was ONE: the great demon-lord Zixon. Ten feet tall, red and winged, with a huge blade of flame and shadow, he shrugged off her deadliest spells as though they were toothpicks. He didn't kill her. Instead, a far more terrible crime was committed that night. One far too base, even for a demon. One that still brought silence to her lips and a shudder to her spine. One that birthed an avenger, who would kill his father.

Trudging through the mountains, she spotted something. Was it green? Picking up her pace she soon found an immense niche in the mountain range. The place was lush and green, with a river running through the middle and branching out everywhere. Three separate clusters of lights shone through the darkness.

Hippolyta had come to the hidden valley of Et Kespe.

*Present*

The town of Fairfax could be called the "immigration center" of Et Kespe. The least xenophobic of the three settlements, all were welcomed. Elves, dwarves, humans, etc. live side by side. Almost all are farmers, although in Fairfax, a few families are exceptions: the greatest of these being that of Hippolyta the Necromanceress and that of Ada the Nekojin. Patrolling the city, they strive to maintain peace and order, settling disputes and protecting the city from belligerent outsiders.

But this is hardly a fitting description of them. Hippolyta is the valley's finest cook, with her son Koneko learning the culinary and magical arts quickly. Ada, while being one of Et Kespe's greatest warriors, also raises her large family with care.

In a small wooden house, among so many others, a woman is cooking. Clad in black mage robes, she is about 5'6" with long fiery red hair and brown eyes. Hippolyta calls out, "Koneko!"

A face appears in the doorway. Sporting white hair (though fifteen), a paler complexion, and the red-and-black eyes to which she had become so accustomed, it is hard to believe that Koneko is her son. But he is. "Yes, Mom?"

A smile crosses her face. "Would you go to the cave and get me a few bats for dinner?"

A slightly amused smile crosses Koneko's face as well. "Bah, Mom, bats AGAIN?" He nods his head, and walks out the doorway.

Walking down the beaten streets of Fairfax, five feet tall and nearly identically dressed as Hippolyta, he certainly looks a sight.

Koneko begins to whistle and looks around, hoping to see some of his friends in the other "security force" families.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 9/16/02 1:46:47 am

Koneko

Re: A Son's Vengeance (Freestyle RP)

Unread postby Koneko » Sat Aug 31, 2002 12:34 pm

Arriving at a bleak brown mountain range, a great maw in the earth greets him like an open mouth. Koneko hears the sounds of combat from within.

IM: Probably Ada, she spends all her time here...

This cave was a favorite place for many of the "adventurers" in Et Kespe. It was a very deep cave, with many branches. A number of dangerous creatures lived deep in the cave, but nearer the entrance were the more docile creatures. Those who ventured into the lowest reaches of the cavern reappeared, several months later, slightly *unhinged.* People came here from all over the valley, from the Callerocracy (as it was so often called by other Kespians) of Llyr, more often Welsfordians, inhabitants of the "giant city" (pop. 500) of Welsford, and occasionally the blue-clad dragoons from the (now) ghost town of Grumman.

Koneko proceeds to hunt bats, striking them down with the ice magic Hippolyta had taught him this morning.

He also continues moving toward the noise, and recognizes the squeal of a giant rat. He doesn't, however, hear the furious sword swipes of Ada.

IM: So who's fighting it?

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 9/16/02 1:44:14 am

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sat Aug 31, 2002 5:32 pm

OOC: if you have sen my char (I have sent it to you) and its ok then her i go. if not ignore me.

she delivered the last blow against the rat with her foot witch sent it flying fro the air. you cod hear it hit the wall a copel of meters away. then she heard foot steps and they where coming against her.

Fierolin: Hello ho is it!?!

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Sep 01, 2002 8:16 am

(OOC: I haven't recieved your email which is odd to say the least. Plz post whatever you sent me on the OOC in "New Freestyle RP: A Son's Vengeance.)

Koneko heard the voice. It didn't sound like anyone from Fairfax, but he wasn't sure.

IM: A gaijin, perhaps?

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:09 am

She walked in the direction from witch the sound came, then wen she herd a boy talking to himself she realist ho it was.

Fierolin: Is it you Koneko?!

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:24 am

Koneko stopped. The voice sounded familiar. Where? A lightbulb lit above his head as he recognized the voice of the snow elf.

"Fierolin?"

He ran toward her, stopping in sight.

"Fierolin! I haven't seen you! What have you been up to?"

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sun Sep 01, 2002 3:44 pm

Fierolin: well i have bin in welsford. i was there to pick up letter from my home land.

she pick up a piece paper.

Fierolin: se her it is.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Sep 01, 2002 4:11 pm

Koneko started in surprise.

"A letter? A letter... don't tell me: Oreck started up his illegal pidgeon business again?"

He shook his head, sighing.

"No matter how many times the council tells him, no matter HOW many prison terms he serves, he INSISTS we need to contact the outside world! At any rate, what's it say?"

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sun Sep 01, 2002 4:28 pm

" Its Fielin my doter. she writes that she wants to come and visit, and she also sees hello to you.I miss her she hasn't bin her in five years and i don't know how to take her to this land. do you have any ides?"

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Sun Sep 01, 2002 4:48 pm

Koneko thought for a moment. His mom had told him quite a bit of the outside world, and if he remembered correctly...

"Where's she live again? Old Baron's got airships, last I remember. They could probably land her pretty near the valley, but it'd be hard to pull off. If you..."

Their conversation was interrupted by the screech of another giant rat, probably the mother of the one Fierolin had just killed.

"Great. This is NOT gonna be easy."

(OOC: I'm not sure if you're familiar with the combat system often used here. Basically, the GM (myself) will determine initiative (who goes first, second, etc.). When it's your turn, you describe the attack you're going to attempt and I decide whether you hit or miss, do heavy or light damage, etc. Also if it's a complex or special attack you'll need to describe it somewhat in detail. Also Kelne or Raltar or in fact anyone else, you CAN write yourselves into the RP during the first few combats.)

<Combat start>

<Initiative round as follows:>
<Fierolin>
<Giant Rat Mother>
<Koneko>

<Fierolin's Turn>

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 9/1/02 9:12:07 pm

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:50 am

OOC: OK i think i get it. Its my turn right. sorry if it is a little stiffe haven't battled before on this board.

She moved against the rat white great sped and cut it whit her sword.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Mon Sep 02, 2002 8:05 am

OOC: That's ok. I had figured as much.

Fierolin's katana, Blizzard, whipped out and she charged at the rat. Evading a counterattack (lucky!) she inflicted a considerable gash on the rat's right hind leg.

<Rat's Turn>

Eyes glowing with rage and pain, the giant rat sprung toward Fierolin with an extraordinary display of gymnastics. Too extraordinary. Reaching Fierolin, it managed to claw her shoulder, at the same time, a small blast of ice? found its way toward Koneko.

<Koneko's Turn>

Koneko knew something was up. Rats weren't that fast, and rats COULDN'T cast magic. They were RATS for Ryuugami's sake!

Koneko began to chant, a green glow encompassing his hands. When he finished, a small green beam shot toward the "rat."

His dispel spell succeeded in eliminating the transformation? illusion? Koneko wasn't sure which. In the rat's place was a creature that looked like an imp.

"That explains that!"

<Fierolin's Turn>

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:17 am

"Aaaoo my shoulder thats it."

She put the katan back in its sheet. then she ran against the imp aiming a kick against its tiny belly.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:35 am

Fierolin's kick hit the imp square in the chest, knocking it back into a nearby stalagmite.

<Imp's Turn>

The imp's eyes narrowed.

"Oh boy, are you gonna pay for THAT!" it said in a low voice.

Taking its axe, it hurled it in a sweeping sideways arc at Fierolin. Fierolin managed to dodge it, but Koneko, slowed by the ice spell earlier, took a medium gash to the leg. The axe flew back into the imp's hand like a boomerang.

<Koneko's Turn>

Koneko wasn't so worried about the wound, but the slice in his mage robe really angered him.

Koneko began to chant.

<Casting time: 2 turns. Caster cannot be hit during casting or spell is lost.>

<Fierolin's Turn>

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 9/2/02 1:37:16 pm

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Mon Sep 02, 2002 10:03 am

"i will protect you"

se guards Koneko by standing in front of him.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Mon Sep 02, 2002 10:30 am

<Imp's Turn>

The imp seems to realize what's going on, and launches his boomerang axe at Koneko.

Fierolin successfully takes the blow but get's a large and painful bruise in her stomach as the handle of the axe collides full force with her stomach.

<Koneko's Turn>

Koneko was drawing upon all his learning. His gaze roamed far away, into outer space. Noting a suitable subject, he finished his incantation. A fair sized dimensional rift opened near the ceiling of the cavern. Through it came crashing a small comet.

In the chaos that ensued, the imp was killed nigh instantly, and Fierolin and Koneko sustained minor cold-based injuries.

<Combat ends>

"Whew," Koneko said, wiping the sweat off his brow, "that wasn't pleasant."

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Mon Sep 02, 2002 2:46 pm

"that was payne full"

She looked at her stomach.

"Dang he was strong even if he was he was so little"

then she looked at Koneko.

"Your mother wont be happy about this"

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Mon Sep 02, 2002 6:28 pm

"No she won't... I think the comet destroyed all the bats I had collected for dinner... bah! Oh well, we can get more."

Koneko promply began searching around for more bats.

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:22 am

"I dont get how you can eat a creature that is so cute..."

she sat town on a rock.

" You sad something about a air ship"

Raltar Arianrhod

Unread postby Raltar Arianrhod » Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:27 am

Razork wandered towards Fairfax, determined to show them that he was truthful about his words and that he didn't mean them any harm...but they never seemed to listen to him. There had to be something he could do to show them all he really did mean what he said.

"It's difficult being a half-orc," he said in a low tone. "But I can't let it bother me...I just can't. What would mother think?"

Yes, what would she think? He had tried and tried but they would never accept him. Maybe if his mother was still alive, he would be able to get the supplies he needed quicker and cheaper. As it was now, the barbarian was almost positive they charged him three times the ammount that everyone else had to pay.

"No matter...as long as I can get the supplies, I guess I can't really complain."

Maybe he should complain, though. He had saved the town on more than one occasion...but no one would ever admit that it was he who had done it. The half-orc sighed once again as he passed a cave not too far from Fairfax. Razork paused, however, after hearing the sounds of combat coming from the cave.

"This may be a good chance to show them all...."

The half-orc unsheathed his stone great axe and walked inside the cave.

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Tue Sep 03, 2002 3:27 pm

Koneko turned around at the sound of footsteps. They were FAR heavier than anything he usually heard. They echoed throughout the cave, and it was impossible to tell where they were coming from.

"Who's there?" Koneko shouted.

Raltar Arianrhod

Unread postby Raltar Arianrhod » Thu Sep 05, 2002 4:25 pm

As Razork walked further into the cave, he heard someone call out.

"Who's there?" the voice asked.

Razork stopped and thought for a moment. The sounds of combat had stopped, so he doubted he needed to go further...but someone might be hurt and need his help. The half-orc sighed and sheathed his great axe.

"I'm Razork," the half-orc called back to the voice. "I heard fighting and came inside to see if I could be of assistance...but I don't hear the combat any longer. Tell me...is everyone ok? Anyone hurt?"

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Thu Sep 05, 2002 9:44 pm

Koneko looked at Fierolin's shoulder, and then touched his leg and winced. He called back.

"Nothing fatal... just a bit painful. Where are you?"

Raltar Arianrhod

Unread postby Raltar Arianrhod » Thu Sep 05, 2002 9:59 pm

Razork continued walking through the cave until he reached the two and stopped.

"I'm here," he said, crossing his arms. "Anything I can help you two with? I know how to dress a wound...and by the look of them...it would be best to get it cleaned as soon as possible to avoid infection."

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:01 am

"Thaks that wold be nice"

then she walked up to the big man.

"by the way im Fierolin and this is Koneko"

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:23 pm

Koneko bowed in Faxian style to the stranger.

"Any help would be greatly appreciated."

Raltar Arianrhod

Unread postby Raltar Arianrhod » Fri Sep 06, 2002 5:15 pm

Razork thought for a moment, not really sure what was happening. Usually people would have gone hostile against him...but these two were different, they didn't seem to be afraid of the half-orc. Maybe today was the day Fairfax would start treating him normally.

He moved forward to inspect the wounds of the two, pulling out bandages, a cloth and his canteen full of water. After cleaning the wounds, he bandaged them and stood up, with a proud look on his face.

"All better," he said with a smile. "Anything else I can help you with?"

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Fri Sep 06, 2002 5:41 pm

Koneko thought. Four or so of his bats (of twelve) had apparently survived the comet, and although that wasn't enough, it would probably do. He replied to the half-orc, "No, I think that should be all... tell you what! You two can join me for lunch. My mom's the best cook in the valley!"

So saying, he led the way toward the cave entrance.

"Oh yeah," he said, turning around and speaking to the half-orc, "What's your name?"

Raltar Arianrhod

Unread postby Raltar Arianrhod » Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:05 pm

The half-orc crossed his arms and followed Koneko to the entrance.

"My name...like I said before, Razork...Razork Uarlk, and I would be pleased to join you for lunch...but...well, the people in town don't think to highly of me...despite some of the things I've done to prove my self to them. Are you sure it would be ok if I came along?"

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:12 pm

Koneko glanced back.

"Of course it's ok. Look at Fierolin!" he said indicating the snow elf, "No offense Fier, but you don't really look human. Nor," pointing to one of his demonic eyes, "do I!"

Raltar Arianrhod

Unread postby Raltar Arianrhod » Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:30 pm

Razork sighed.

That may be true, but I've been chased out of town on more than one occasion.

"Very well," he said. "It will be nice to have someone else's cooking for a change...."

Koneko

Unread postby Koneko » Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:52 pm

The three strode out of the cave into the broad daylight. Koneko squinted a little, then promptly sneezed twice.

(OOC: I do this all the time in bright sunlight)

Walking through Fairfax, many odd stares were passed at Razork, and several parents shooed their children inside. A small group, all about Koneko's age started to mock the half-orc's unusual walk, and were about to go further when a glare from Koneko's eyes and a blue light from his fingertips dispersed them quickly.

Koneko waved his hand dismissively after them. "Don't mind them," he said to Razork, "they don't like what they don't understand. And that's EVERYTHING."

Walking through the door of his house, he called out, "Hey mom! I'm home; we've got visitors!"

Hippolyta walked out from behind the house, several freshly dug carrots and potatoes in her hands. She noted Fierolin and Razork and bowed. "Welcome to our humbe abode," she said, "I am Hippolyta. My son has invited you for lunch, I presume?" Without waiting for a response, she said, "Come in, come in!"

Coming to a small room with a square table about 5' long, she spoke to Fierolin and Razork. "Please wait here, Koneko and I will be preparing the meal."

Without further ado, Hippolyta and Koneko walked into the next room, apparently the kitchen, giving Fierolin and Razork a chance to talk.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=koneko>Koneko</A] at: 9/7/02 8:15:01 pm

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sat Sep 07, 2002 4:45 pm

" So Razork are you from FariFax or have you just as i wandered into these lands looking for adventures"

Raltar Arianrhod

Unread postby Raltar Arianrhod » Sun Sep 08, 2002 3:56 am

Razork examined the room before answering.

"I'm originally from Baron, I think...but my mother was chased out after I was born...she raised me a few miles north of here...I'm not looking for adventure in particular...just...acceptance. What about you?"

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sun Sep 08, 2002 10:31 am

" Well from the beginning i was her for the adventure but now i stay her since if i go home i have to get married..."

she looked down on her hand.

"And i dont want to do that again....but lets talk about something els what do you do for a living?"

Edited by: Oz 200 at: 9/8/02 5:53:08 pm

Raltar Arianrhod

Unread postby Raltar Arianrhod » Sun Sep 08, 2002 5:32 pm

Razork nods slowly and continues.

"I...dont' do much for a living. I mainly hunt for the food I eat and the clothes I make...I also make stone weapons, such as this one."

The half-orc patted his side where a great axe was sheathed.

"I was hoping to trade some of them here in Fairfax...but the people usually get me out of the town before I can even say a word."

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Sun Sep 08, 2002 11:57 pm

"Well humans are afraid of what they don't understand, but give it some time eventually they will come around...."

she smiled

"but until then you can come to my place if you want some one to talk to"

Raltar Arianrhod

Unread postby Raltar Arianrhod » Mon Sep 09, 2002 1:26 am

"Perhaps, my lady. It would be nice to have a friend or two for a change. Strangely enough, this is the longest conversation I've ever had with anyone."

Oz 200

Unread postby Oz 200 » Mon Sep 09, 2002 2:25 pm

" Ooo pleas don't call me lady my names Fierolin or in my home lang...."

She opened her lips but there came no words just a beautiful sound, like rain drops on a bell.

" hehe its kind of hard to pronounce but that is my name.i wonder what Koneko is up to?"

Raltar Arianrhod

Unread postby Raltar Arianrhod » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:41 am

"Very well...I will call you Fierolin. As for Koneko...I'm not sure what he is up to...but there is only one way to find out, hm? But...he did ask us to wait here...so maybe it isn't such a good idea if we go wandering around the house to find him."

Next

Return to Gaera Main RPs