Inn of the Silent Crow (Serious Philsys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
The Dark Gun

Inn of the Silent Crow (Serious Philsys RP)

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Sat Jul 06, 2002 8:02 pm

OOC: This is intended to be serious. If someone wants to be funny... Fine, but if you start just goofing off... I am going to be irritated (Irritated as in "GET OUT OF MY THREAD NOW!"). Take this thread seriously even if your character wants to act humourously (It IS a bar, your character COULD get drunk or just normally be irritating... BE your character). It's following Phyllsys to the point where I want actual Phyllsys characters in it, but all the rolling and stuff might not happen (Don't know if a brawl will break out or if it will ever get any further than people sitting around in a tavern, but if someone wants to try to lead the storyline somewhere... Wait. I WOULD like to get used to RPing my character first) (Oh yeah, wreck the inn, and I WILL Knives-smite you.)

A note from Archmage: It's spelled Philsys, because it was created by Phil-dog. Give him credit and spell his name right. XP

IC: *It was a large inn for such a small town, but then, it was not much of an inn really. Most of the space in it was taken by a large bar that took the entire bottom floor. It was the only supplier of such beverages aside from the local market.

Yes, Dywithe was a small town, originally based on the idea of trade and travel. Perhaps it would have been a dead town too, had not so many farmers decided that, when the merchants had left originally, that cheap or free land was a good thing, even though the quality was not amazing. A few adepts of the Art also took residence here, and helped the small town stay together.

For a Kalashanian village, the population was, suprisingly, tipped in favor of humans. Of course, this might have been caused by its nearness to the north-eastern tip of the country, just 6 miles away from the densely wooded border.

The inn, though in disrepair in some places, did alright, for although it was off the beaten path, travelers still had a way of wandering through the small farming village, often enough, in any case, to supplement the income of the small family who lived there. Of course, the locals usually "pitched in" as well, for many would spend a long night to steep their sorrows in the sweet drink of forgetfulness.

Once, when it was new, it was called the Calling Lark, but, as the paint wore away, and loud music was uncommon, it became known as the Silent Crow.

Currently owned by a couple and their childeren. The husband is a man known as Dwillhelm, and his wife Dathree is a wood elf. It is said that Dwillhelm wooed his wife with music and song, and got her to leave the forest. They are deeply attached to each other and their children, Dwythe, Trynavanee, Uthos, and Ralin. All in all, although an unusual, the group is well welcomed because, although the exterior is underkept, they keep the inside clean enough.

On this day another elf was in town. He was viewed with some suspicion, for his coloring was greyed, and he wore a black leather glove on his right hand. He carried a large sword openly across his back, sheathed. Larger than a long sword, but smaller than a proper two handed sword, it was a bastard sword, or hand and a half sword. He seemed to expect everyone to step aside for him, and it did not take long for the locals to take a disliking for this traveller, but he, unnoticing of the animosity, took a seat in a stool in the inn, and ordered a small beer, and seemed to sit their, thinking morosely about something, slowly draining the glass.*

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/uarchmage144.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Archmage144</A]&nbsp; Image at: 7/9/02 1:28:56 pm

The Dark Gun

Truthfully

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Mon Jul 08, 2002 11:59 am

OOC: It would be REALLY great if some people joined this. Just trying to get some basic Phyllsys talking/RPing down and this is a perfect chance for anyone who wants to flesh out there characters way of talking/thinking or just how they act during their travels. Feel free to show up any way you want (No riding dragons or dropping out of the sky though... this IS serious... Unless of course you seriously ride dragons in which case you might be slightly higher level then me...:P!)

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*hopes he can help somewhat*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:24 am

(OOC: I'd 'officially' join this, but I don't have any phil-sys characters other than Dan, and he's already in two other RP's. On the other hand, this does sound interesting and I'd like to try and help keep it alive, if you don't mind. ^.^; )

The early morning sunlight shone into a room at the inn, alerting and rising one of the patrons out of his bed. The man stretched, letting out a loud yawn as he sat on the edge of his bed, rotating his neck a bit to get out the stiffness. His eyes opened slowly, trying to adjust to the new brightness of the room, feeling the heat of the morning sun on his dark skin.

"Ah... another fine morning..." the man said with a smile, his bright orange eyes gazing out the window at the small town. The villagers were starting to wake as well, going about their usual morning chores and travelling about. Still smiling to himself, he brushed back his long black hair, twisting and tying it up into his two usual brades in the back. He got dressed, putting on his usual dark purple undershirt, some worn and tattered green parts, and a red vest with a few pockets along the inside. Before putting on anything else, however, he laid out a small rug, parts of it patched up with other types of fabric. The mankneeled onto it, making sure to face the direction of the morning sun and then closing his eyes. He crossed his hands before him, placing one on each shoulder before bowing down, touching the floor with his forehead. Coming back up slowly, he removed both hands from his shoulders and brought them to the front of his chest together, pointing his fingers toward the ceiling as he bowed his head down, eyes still closed.

-_- "I pray to you, Mother Gaera, that you shall give all your blessings this day..." the dark skinned man said, continuing the rest of his prayer in the language of his homeland. Once he had finished, he rose up from the floor, rolling up the carpet and placing it into his bacpack. He finished getting dressed, placing a small hat matching his vest upon his head, and finishing with a pair of worn leather boots.

"I do believe this will be a good day for business." the man told himself, as he did every morning. It helped him to start the day in a positive frame of mind, which is very helpful to one trying to sell goods. He had come to the inn due to a conversation with a customer, back in his shop in the Doman capital. So far, the customer's words had been true. The merchant enjoyed his night stay at the small inn, and hoped to return to it someday, should he ever be in Kalshana again. Today at least, he hoped to sell off a few potions or medical supplies in town before moving on to Nekonia, and then back to his shop in Doma. With a wide grin on his face, the man placed his backpack on and left his room, heading downstairs.

Strangely enough, after his prayer was finished, some of the bushes outside of the inn started to bloom with flowers...

Edited by: FF Fanatic 80&nbsp; Image at: 7/9/02 1:26:13 pm

The Dark Gun

Thanks

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Tue Jul 09, 2002 11:55 am

*The elf watched the man come down, examining him cautiously and tenatively, with both mind and eyes, aiming to see both his astral and physical self.*

o.0(Hmm, another traveler I dare say. Not one of the true race though, you do not meet as many as you would hope to.)0.o

*Peers thoughtfully around at the sparsely populated bar area, for many of the patrons had left to sleep in their own beds, but for some strange reason, a few seemed to prefer the floot.*

o.0(Worthless drunks, why do I have to be near these people? Ah well, I suppose it is the will of the gods.)0.o

*His right hand twitches under its glove, and he clenches and unclenches it slowly, trying to get used to the new one, as the old had worn almost all the way through before he had replaced it.*

"Morning."

*He said shortly, as the man entered the bar room from the stairs.*

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Posties*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Jul 10, 2002 2:20 pm

Noticing the greeting, the merchant turned toward the sound of the voice. He saw an elven man sitting nearby, nursing a glass at the Inn's bar. He smiled, deciding to go over and speak witht he man.

"Good day to you as well, Sir." the merchant said, bowing slightly out of respect for the greeting, "And how are you, on this fine day?"

The Dark Gun

Here we go

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:49 pm

"Fine, and yourself?"

*His face does not seem especially greeting, more of a bland, expressionless look, than anything suggesting of an emotion. He sips at his glass with deliberate calm, tensing in each action, as if to say he was at peace with everything... But it showed, in his effort, that he was not, that he knew that he was arrogent, and that the people around him were suspicious of his unsually greyed skin.*

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*packs his toothbrush*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:56 am

The merchant glanced curiously at the elf as he respoded. The man's lack of expression disturbed him. He found it quite odd that the elf did not even feign a smile in return for the greeting. Perhaps he wishes to be left alone? Maybe he has more important matters on his mind? It could be that he simply does not like company. Regardless, the merchant felt it would be rude to leave without continuing their conversation.

"I am well." The merchant said, the same broad smile on his face, "I pray that your day is prosperous too sir, if that does not offend you."

The Dark Gun

Indeed

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Fri Jul 12, 2002 6:42 pm

"I too hope it is so, and I wish the same upon you."

*He smiles, or at least, it seems to be a smile, but it looks almost like a grimace, as it is obvious that this is a face that does not smile often.*

viator22

Re: Indeed

Unread postby viator22 » Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:41 am

He could hear voices. And light, there was definitely light. And, of course, there was the throbbing pain in his temples.

By Durin's Beard, how much did I drink last night?

Picking himself up off the floor the Dwarf staggered outside. Opening his eyes seemed like a bad idea at the moment. Finally making a concetion between necessity and headache, he opened his eyes to mear slits. He was looking for something. What was it again? Ah, yes. The Water Barrel. Dunking his head under for a slightly alarming amount of time the Dwarf suddenly reemerged and , taking time to wring out his beard, walked back into the inn, still soaking wet. He also took time to make sure Goblin Doom was ready to be unlimbered. This was his first visit to this particular establishment and the owner had been foolish enough to give him spirits as for long as he asked. Those kinds of bar tabs tended to turn... ugly.

viator22

*bump*

Unread postby viator22 » Thu Jul 18, 2002 1:19 am

(OCC: And Thadin's Char Sheet.)

The Dark Gun

Well now well now...

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:09 am

*The elf looks over at the recently awoken dwarf, and sizes him up.*

o.0(Useless, stupid drunk.)0.o

viator22

Re: Well now well now...

Unread postby viator22 » Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:31 am

More lucid than before the dwarf took the chance to survey his bar-mates. Being the hour that it was most of the other drunks were still asleep. The two men who were awake sat at the bar. A human with braided hair and a red hat was talking, without much succes, to a rather unpleasent looking elf. The elf was an odd one, dressed in black with a strangly miss sized sword strapped to his back.

Well, Thadin told himself, elves are just strange like that.

That finished he setteled down to wait for the inn keeper. It would probably be best for the both of them if he just skipped town, but that just didn't feel right to him. He didn't have nearly enough gold to pay for the tremendous amounts of alcohol he knew he must have ingested to wake up like this but he still couldn't just leave.

The Dark Gun

Re: Well now well now...

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:08 am

OOC: Actually... It IS morning.. And the elf isn't dressed in black, his skin is just unusually grey.

IC: *Notices the shifty look of the dwarf and, having already met the hostess, an elf like himself, although not as prestigious, he immediately began to worry about what the dwarf was thinking.*

"Hello there, dwarf, what are you doing, hung over this morning?"

*A dry chuckle passes his lips, as if the dwarf's discomfort amused him slightly.*

viator22

Huh? What?

Unread postby viator22 » Fri Jul 19, 2002 4:47 pm

Thadin looked up at the elf. He could tell that this probably wasn't someone he was going to like. He tried to put on as good a face as his current mood and state of affairs would allow.

"I'm just trying to work out a few figures sir." Yeah, 32 Doman gil vs. a bar tab that's probably in the three digits. A thought suddenly struck him. A desperate one. "Neither of you would happen to need a few services perhaps? A guide? Maybe some jewels that need appraisin'?"

It was worth asking, even if it was a long shot. Where was the Inn Keeper?

(OCC: You want to play the Inn Keeper Darkblade? Sorry about the other stuff. I'll correct it later.)

The Dark Gun

Hehe... That would be Dark Gun.

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Fri Jul 19, 2002 6:52 pm

*The inn keeper, having stepped out for a moment to roll in another barrel and a few other things, and smiled at the dwarf, the elf, and his current guest.*

"A good morning to you all!"

*He said, and the morning light seems to beam from his face.*

"It has been an excellent night and looks to be a good morning as well."

*Looks over at the dwarf, having heard his last few comments.*

"Having money trouble, friend?"

viator22

You may now panic.

Unread postby viator22 » Sat Jul 20, 2002 1:59 am

*Thadin paled slightly and passed one hand around his back to get a good grip on Goblin Doom's handle. The nice ones were the ones that got you. He had scars to prove it. He stood up slowly.*

"Just a few minor troubles sir. I am a slight bit under-funded but I can do anything you see fit to set me to. I can work stone and metal, appraise jewels, and clear out any monster infestations you might have. Thadin Stonecutter is at your service."

*finishing the speech he sat back down. Why, why, why, didn't I just beat him senseless and leave? Oh well, can't go now. Would disgrace the clan. Can't have that.*

(OCC: Well, this is embarrassing.)

The Dark Gun

BWAHAHA!

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Sun Jul 21, 2002 2:31 am

"Indeed. Most of the floors could use paint, but if you have some paltry coins in that pouch of yours, I could settle for a shining on the main floor, and then a few of the rooms where it is the worst could use re-doing."

viator22

Go Thadin, cleaner of floors

Unread postby viator22 » Sun Jul 21, 2002 12:38 pm

0_o

*thirty minutes later*
"Bloody, darm, razafrakenin, mumble, mumble."

Well it could have been worse. He could have tried to kill you. Wouldn't be the first time.

"Humph."

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*BS'es Idama back into it* >.>;;

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:44 am

(OOC: sorry for the lack of posting. If you want DarkGun, I can pull Idama out of this once your other RP'ers start posting, since he lacketh da sheet of characterness (AKA a character sheet ^.^;; ))

While this was all going on, the merchant was busy by enjoying a few cups of morning tea. He was quite pleased that the Inn-Keeper had no objections to him making the drinks himself, as it required special herbs and preparation. Most outside of his homeland could not make the drink properly, even if instructed. As a result, the Merchant often took to making it himself... sometimes on request if he was visitng a former customer or aquaintence. Glancing over at his companion at the bar, he realized a grave error in his own manners had been made.

<.< "Sir? Would you like a cup as well?" Idama asked the grey skinned elf, "I would have asked of you sooner, however, I was somewhat distracted by the events going on before us. ^.^;"

Edited by: FF Fanatic 80&nbsp; Image at: 7/24/02 8:45:49 am

bunnygirle78

Sup

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:36 pm

When she entered she could see that the inn keeper was engrosed with dealing with two peopel. She smiled and steped in.

Behind her a small mew came. She knelt down and picked up a small black cat and rested him on her shoulder. Her dark eyes scaned the room befor siting down at the bar and removing her black clock to reveal that she wore a dark tunick and long brown boots. She cleared her thought loudly,hoping to gain the inn keepers attention.

bunnygirle78

Re: Sup

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Sat Jul 27, 2002 3:03 pm

(Hi. . sorry if I am bothering anyone's story line. I was kind of hoping to give Rps a try. Could I possibly play along with this one? IF you don't want me around then I'll stop writing it. Thanks. Sorry again for being a bother.)

viator22

Unread postby viator22 » Sat Jul 27, 2002 10:39 pm

((OCC: No bother. There are few people in this thread and there's no storyline. Says so at the top. Please though, run your posts through the spell checker.

And there's three people, Thadin's a wily little Dwarf.))

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Sat Jul 27, 2002 11:05 pm

(Thank you very much. I am sorry about my bad spelling, I promise to watch it from now on. Well I guess I will introduce my character now.)

(She wears all black except for her boots and belt witch are brown. She has short black hair, and red lips. Her name is Etie Loster. The black cat with her is named Cat and aids her in her trade. . .her trade is thief.)

(well that is all I want to give out right now, and if its not much I'm sorry but I want to allow Etie time to develop as a char and become someone, not just a fictional person. . .smile)

bunnygirle78

Etie Loster Dark haired Madien of Mistory -_^

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Sun Jul 28, 2002 12:14 am

She turned and smiled warmly at the inn keeper, and laughed to herself. She had been crazy to think that there would be any money in this small town, let alone in the inn.

Cat yawned and stared up at her. He arched his back and jumped into her lap.

"Excuse me," she said smoothly. "I do not mean to interrupt but I was hoping to get a room and a drink. Her eyes fell on the tall man with gray skin. She had never seen an elf before, she did most of her trade by night, if she could help it.

"Meww," Cat said and ran to the gray faced man and began to rub against his leg. Etie smiled and walked towards them.

"Cat seems to like you." She said and brushed a strand of her dark hair behind her ear.

viator22

Merchants and thieves and dwarfs, oh my

Unread postby viator22 » Sun Jul 28, 2002 12:52 am

The rather grumpy dwarf looked up from his scrubbing to see a strange walk into the inn. She was wearing almost all black with a cat to match. Thadin pondered the questions in his mind. Could she be a sorceress? A thief? Just some random traveler? The cat certainly matched the dwarf's conception of a familiar. And it had to be intelligent. There was no way he could believe that a normal animal would take to the elf like that. Yes this one was worth keeping an eye on. He didn't know what to think about the human but he honestly didn't care a rat's ass about the elf.

((OCC: She's never seen an elf? Bazaar that. There are a great many in Igala.))

bunnygirle78

Re: Merchants and thieves and dwarfs, oh my

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Sun Jul 28, 2002 2:48 pm

Etie knelt down as Cat ran back to her and lept into her arms. She hostied him to her shoulder. Her eyes shifted sudenly. At first she thought her mind was playing a trick on her. No, there couldn't be a Dwarf cleaning the floors.

bunnygirle78

Re: Merchants and thieves and dwarfs, oh my

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Sun Jul 28, 2002 2:54 pm

(sorry about the other post. . .I uh accidently hit the enter key.)

Etie knelt down as Cat ran back to her and leapt into her arms. She hoisted him to her shoulder. Her eyes shifted suddenly. At first she thought her mind was playing a trick on her. No, there couldn't be a Dwarf cleaning the floors.

She smiled at him and pet Cat on his head. He purred and stared at the Dwarf.

"I do apologize for interrupting. . ." Etie said returning her attention to the Innkeeper. "But I was wondering if I could get a room."

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*bumps*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Aug 01, 2002 6:02 pm

(OOC: Just bumping the post, can't do anything until DarkGun responds to Idama. ^.^;; )

The Dark Gun

$$!

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Sat Aug 03, 2002 3:51 pm

"Certainly you can, and at a reasonable price as well. We have three varities of rooms, large, well kept, and unkept, because, quite frankly, this place is too big for me to keep everything looking nice."

*The innkeeper smiles. The grey skinned elf looks at the cat.*

o.0(Fuzzball... Cute though)0.o

*Pets it lightly*

"There seem to be a few travelers in these parts."

bunnygirle78

Re: $$!

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Sat Aug 03, 2002 11:12 pm

Etie smiled and pulled out a small bag of gold. She held out in front of the Inn keeper and grined.

"I'll take the well kept one." She said and drooped it into his hands. It wasn't like it was her money anyway. She looked at Cat, who was purring and staring at her.

*hmm, he must have something valuable* she thought a winked at the Inn keeper.

"I like this place, it seems very quaint. A good location." She said and sat down at the bar. IT would be easy to rob this town, if she were the type to steal from those who needed the money. But she was after something much more challenging.

The Dark Gun

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:41 pm

OOC: Etie, I don't suppose you have a character sheet for your char?

IC: "That will be 5 sp."

*The innkeeper smiles*

"Oh, it is a decent little town, not a lot of travelers normally, though."

bunnygirle78

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Sun Aug 04, 2002 8:32 pm

(I didn't make her one. I'm kind of focusing on another char right now. I'll try to make her one by Tuesday afternoon. . .Shes your basic thief. Cat is, , ,well a cat that helps her steal. . he checks out the person she plans on robing.)

Etie handed him the whole bag.

"Take ten," she said. "I'll take a drink. Anything you got is fine."

The Dark Gun

Well... 2 to 2...

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:20 am

*The innkeeper looks a little suprised, but takes the alotted coins, and steps into a back room, returning with a cup of amber liquid, placing it before the newcomer, and returing her purse.*

bunnygirle78

Re: Well... 2 to 2...

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Mon Aug 05, 2002 5:27 pm

Etie takes the dirnk and sits down, cat stares at the elf and mews.

The Dark Gun

A little OOC

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:15 pm

OOC: Hey FFF... You can still post if you want, as well as our hard working dwarf can...

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Fuijin: CONFUSION

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Aug 07, 2002 8:25 pm

(OOC: Actually, your elf character never answered Idama earlier ^.^;;;; That's what I was waiting on. >.>;;; )

viator22

I've been gone

Unread postby viator22 » Thu Aug 08, 2002 8:57 am

Giving up on watching the strange for the moment, Thadin setteled back to the scrubbing. This could take a while.

The Dark Gun

Zuh?

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:33 am

OOC: Wasn't she talking to the innkeeper? I don't remember my character being actually adressed... Maybe I'm just missing sommat...

bunnygirle78

Re: Zuh?

Unread postby bunnygirle78 » Thu Aug 08, 2002 12:30 pm

(she hasn't talked to your char yet. She will eventualy.)

The Dark Gun

That's what I thought

Unread postby The Dark Gun » Sat Aug 10, 2002 5:52 pm

OOC: Yep, exactly what I thought... so I think you can post FFF...

Next

Return to Gaera Main RPs