Prophet (PhilSys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Prophet (PhilSys RP)

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:02 pm

OOC: I almost forgot to restart this... Could everyone who was in this RP on the old board post to show they're still here? And could someone tell me if Blaze is still on RPGWW? <p>RPG World Worldwww.davidr.com/rpgwwIt's the webcomic with ME in it!...and a bunch of other, more popular RPGWWers. But mostly me.</p>

Jak Snide

Reporting in.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:57 pm

(OOC: I'm still here. And I know Blaze was posting a day or two ago, although I don't recall seeing any posts by him of late.)

Deeum

Re: Reporting in.

Unread postby Deeum » Sun Apr 28, 2002 4:25 am

((still here, didn't know this was revived.. yee~!) <p><center><table border="0" Width="445" height="80" bgcolor="#745700" cellspacing="1"><tr><td bgcolor="#DED6A5" width="70" height="80" valign="top"><center>Image</td><td bgcolor="#DED6A5"><font face=arial><font size="1"><small><center><font color="#745700">Star-Dragon.net</font color="#745700"> <font color="#745700">SCV's House</font color="#745700"> <font color="#745700">StarFire Forest</font color="#745700"><font color="#745700">Cyber Syx</font color="#745700">
<font color="#745700">Livejournal</font color="black"> <font color="#745700">Ryuzoku 4 U</font color="#745700"> <font color="#745700">Slayers KITTY!</font color="#745700"> <font color="#745700">RPGWoldWORLD</font color="#745700">
<hr color="#745700"><font color="#422100">But I Won't cry for yesterday. There's an ordaniry world.
Somehow I have to find.And if I tried to make my way... to the ordinary world.I will learn to Survive
-- Duran Duran</td><td bgcolor="#DED6A5" width="70" height="80" valign="top"><center>Image</td></tr></table></p>

KraKeN

Re: Reporting in.

Unread postby KraKeN » Sun Apr 28, 2002 10:07 am

(Occ: I'm here YAY!)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=kraken>KraKeN</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/28/02 2:07:31 pm

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Re: Reporting In.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:13 pm

(Im here! Woo! Horray for me!)

KraKeN

Unread postby KraKeN » Mon Apr 29, 2002 9:19 am

(Occ: So are we gonna do this thing or not? I am assuming everyone is here) <p><center><table border=1><tr><td>Image</td><td><center><a>*Take it or leave it*</a></center></td></tr></table></center>
</p>

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Mon Apr 29, 2002 8:56 pm

OOC: Folx has disappeared again...

Recap:
A group of mercenaries has been hired to protect a bard and the bard's manager. The bard (Enrik) appears to have suddenly become fanatically positive that the fire-god Erijun (A god particular to the island where the RP takes place) is dead. The local priesthood, however, disagrees with Enrik, and so there has been a slight argument. A violent one, too, in which one warpriest was killed by Enrik, and the Priestess (as well as the other warpriest) were forced to retreat. In this conflict, Kilra jumped out to help, and then, upon being recognised as a drow, retreated to her hideout, which is SO SECRET NOT EVEN THE GM KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT IT. Now, Ilken (the shifty manager), is going to the marketplace, and Enrik is performing at the Drunken Flame tavern.

So, the arrangement can now be changed, as I forget the original one, anyway.
Also, there are now two free slots, in case anyone wants to join. But notify me first, 'kay? <p>RPG World Worldwww.davidr.com/rpgwwIt's the webcomic with ME in it!...and a bunch of other, more popular RPGWWers. But mostly me.</p>

Jak Snide

Well...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:39 am

(OOC: Her hideout is some sort of abandoned tenemant or a unused store room. I figured you'd decide where it was C_C. )

KraKeN

Re: Well...

Unread postby KraKeN » Tue Apr 30, 2002 8:52 am

(Occ: I am pretty sure I was at the inn) <p><center><table border=1><tr><td>Image</td><td><center><a>"Take it or leave it"</a></center></td></tr></table></center>
</p>

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue Apr 30, 2002 10:39 am

(Griff was with Ilken...With Folxs char, I think...I may be wrong though) <p><html><align="center"><table border=5><td><table border=5><tr><td>Image</td><td>Assassins do it from behind...
The dream is dead!!
Looky! I grew my hair out!</td><td>Image</td></table></td></table></p>

KraKeN

Unread postby KraKeN » Wed May 01, 2002 12:28 pm

*Bump*

(Occ: Woaah! Deja-vu *adjusts shades*)

Shinigori V2

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon May 06, 2002 9:35 am

*bump bump*

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Tue May 07, 2002 6:06 pm

(.. We still at the bar? Guess I'll start it off again >.>)

leans in tothe bar, dipping her finger into the mug of Ale which Deeum had just ordered. ".. Well i wonder.. what will happen now. that slight tiff back then seemd easy enough. but its still odd that a pack of priests attack a small group of MErcs and a Knights" She muettered to herself

((BTW< i need to change my Guard status to knight status ^^;;;;;;;;;;; ))

Jak Snide

A little character development.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue May 07, 2002 6:44 pm

Kilraianjja sneaked through the back alleys, doing her best to stay out of the glaring sun which burned her eyes so. After a good 10 minutes she slipped into her hide away, an abandoned warehouse, although as far as she knew it was a simple, empty room.

She shut the door behind her, making as little noise as possible. Pulling her hood back, she let her silvery mane roll down onto her shoulders, ebony skin in clear view. She disliked the hood, but saw it as a necessity to avoid unwanted attention. Almost all that she had come across had been hostile to her based on her race, and thus she had learned to conceal it to some extent.

She stumbled wearily over to the half empty sack of foodstuff she called her bed, collapsing down onto it. The daylight hours drained her, as did the mental effort of staying alert in such light.

Placing Dusk and Silence, her two swords, and the only physical reminder of home at her side, she rolled over and tried to get some sleep. She'd investigate more when the sun was down, and when it would be easier for her to go about unnoticed.

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Character Development Good! Not Posting Bad!

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Tue May 07, 2002 7:31 pm

"The Tyrant of Flame lies dead!" yelled Enrik. "You no longer need your paths blocked by this 'Flame Shield of Erijun' your charlatan priests speak of! For a god is as man, dead! The time of your god has passed, and-" Enrik's eyes seemed to glitter with the light of madness for a moment, "men become their own gods!"
Many of the people in the Drunken Flame tavern, however, were finding their beer mugs much more interesting. Especially when the mugs had something in them.
And prime targets for thievery, assuming they had anything worth stealing, Kraken noted.

Shinigori V2

Re: Character Development Good! Not Posting Bad!

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue May 07, 2002 10:48 pm

(Scince Folx is nowhere to be found, I'll just act as if he walked off and no one noticed)

Griff stopped for a second and looked around...

"Say...wheres that other guy who was helping me guard you? If he doesnt come back, this could be bad...very bad...."

KraKeN

Unread postby KraKeN » Wed May 08, 2002 6:05 am

Kraken slipped off the bar stool pulling his hood up and blending into the shadows on the wall by the edge of the bar.

"Sorry", he said with a wink, "but I need to find a way of paying for my next round, I'll be back in a bit".

He skulked through the shadows looking for the easiest target he could find though he needed the money he did not want to get caught.

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Wed May 08, 2002 7:41 am

((haven't seen him since we switched to EZboards..))

Wel, sitting around here did nothing, and there were some things that needed to be done. Since iwas near nightime already, Getting some items and other things were a MUST.
Sarah pushes herself away from the bar tossing the keep a few coins as she turned around, heading out the door.
upon stepping outof the hot, humid bar, Sarah looked upwards to the quickly growing night sky. the gradient of Orange and blue were some what a pleasent sight.

" CRAP!" She snapped. "I might have to tell doma i will be fone for a while....I'm sure he won't notcie me gone for a few weeks.. Since the Queen keeps him busy most of the time.." she joked and walks off to look for an Item shop.

Jak Snide

*Inserts Filler*

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed May 08, 2002 11:25 am

"Past is...behind....the one on...zzzz....way of the sword....."

Kilra rolled over in her sleep, dreams filled with pleasant images of heroic adventures and good deeds done.

(OOC: She'll wake up in a short while.)

Divinegon2130

*Inserts Character Entry*

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed May 08, 2002 8:40 pm

Kraken was looking for someone he could easily steal from. As his eyes scanned the room, he noticed one figure that he wasn't sure whether or not he should attempt to steal from.

The figure's black hair was covering part of his face, and two grey eyes peered from under the hair. His clothing wasn't quite as dark, though it seemed to be heavier than usual. He was leaning; apparently, he wasn't able to tolerate the ale that the Drunken Flame tavern was serving.

The figure silently cursed under his breath. "I knew I shouldn't have ordered that last ale... the last one's always the worst for me."

(OOC: Richard's character sheet - I hope this is okay. Richard is that strange figure that Kraken saw.)

KraKeN

Re: *Inserts Character Entry*

Unread postby KraKeN » Fri May 10, 2002 9:12 am

Kraken hid in the shadows considering his options. He was low, very low, but, not low enough to steal off a kid, especially one who had probably spent all his money on ale. He continued to scan the room for a more lucrative target.

Jak Snide

Zzz... -_- o_o

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri May 10, 2002 9:24 am

"I am..zzz..who’s on the...*mutter*...of the swo..."

Kilraianjja, yawned, slowly forcing herself to sit upright.

IM: "Comfy...but I have things to do."

She looked outside. It was almost dusk.

She smiled softly. She'd always wondered where her other sword had got it's name from. She quickly brushed such thoughts from her mind as she stood, dipping down to grab her weapons from the floor.

She knew that the human who spoke against the God was a "bard", and from what she had learned, "bards" normally entertained people in some fashion or another. So she skulked off into the early night, hoping to find the group she had encountered earlier, probably at one of the hotspots in this town.

(I'll leave it up to C_C where she goes. She might find the tavern the group is in immediately, or she may spend half the night peering through the windows of the wrong pubs.)

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Meanwhile...

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Sun May 12, 2002 4:12 pm

"Dunno." said Ilken to Griff. "Less people t'pay I s'pose, but it's he could of left a note."
Ilken then stared around the market place, looking for something. Griff heard him mutter something about "wardstones..."

------

Sarah headed for the messangers on the edge of town.
"Messages! Messages off the island! To our founding empire of Doma itself, even!"

------

Kraken's prayers were quickly answered, as a group of people entered the bar, nudging each other and talking loudly.
"I told you we'd make a good haul tipping off those guards!" one of them said. This Kraken took to be a promising indication of wealth.

------

Meanwhile, Kilra moved towards a tavern with a broken door. There was a commotion going on inside. A group of armored figures was standing arguing with the bartender. Guards, Kilra decided.
"That door was nearly new, don't see why you had to-"
"Look, we're sorry." said the apparent leader, looking over to another armored figure who was looking uncomfortable. "I don't know what happened either."
"It's part of the job." said the guard receiving the look. "Intimidates people. The old captain always-"
"Yes. but you could at least have gotten the right tavern." said the captain. The argument looked as if it could last some time.

Shinigori V2

Re: Meanwhile...

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sun May 12, 2002 4:25 pm

Griff thought to himself....

"Wardstones? I thinks hes hiding something from us...I'll have to ask him about that later..."

Griff continued to follow Ilken into the market place

"I hope the others are okay. That bard could get them into trouble!"

Jak Snide

Ah. Good stuff.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun May 12, 2002 4:45 pm

IM: "Eh? Wrong tavern?

Kilra didn't understand for a moment. Why would guards be picky about a tavern? As far as she had seen, all humans drank that awful grog stuff, which tasted like dirt.

Unless...

They were looking for someone. There was no doubt in her mind that it was that "bard" and his guards. The idea that they could be searching for some thug was an impossibility.

She looked around for a place to hide and watch the door, so she could follow the guards when they left.

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Plot development!

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Sun May 12, 2002 5:02 pm

"Look, the Lady Fanshen is fairminded. She'll reimburse you, and if she doesn't, I'll pay for the door myself." said the captain. The bartender stopped, mollified. Then he regained his composure.
"It was a very expensive-"
But the guards were already leaving.
"All this for a bard?" muttered the overenthusiastic guard, "Lady Fanshen must have gone mad overnight."
The captain, unfortunately, heard this. He turned around, and punched the other guard right in the face. The guard went sprawling.
"Can I expect loyalty from one who speaks such of where his orders come from?"
"Well, of course I'm loyal to you-"
"And, as such, are loyal to the Lady Fanshen. Good to see we're agreed." finished the captain.
"He didn't have to punch me..." muttered the guard. The other guards moved slightly away from him.
Kilra followed silently.
"Hey... There's someone following." said the guard who had been punched.
"Just your imagination." said the captain.

------

"Going to need t'be buyin' anything?" asked Ilken jovially, as he navigated expertly through the crush of people.

Jak Snide

*puts some "Theif" music on*

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun May 12, 2002 5:13 pm

Kilra's felt as though her blood had begun to boil. This "Lady Fanshen" reminded her of the matron mothers back home. She wanted to leap out and confront the guards, seeing them as the brutal enforcers of the matrons rule.

However, she kept herself in check. Firstly, she needed them to find this bard. Secondly, she reminded herself, these guards were nowhere near as bad as the enforcers back home.

So she kept to the shadows, trying to keep her temper in check, pulling her hood down even further. Glowing red eyes were always a give away.

KraKeN

Re: Meanwhile...

Unread postby KraKeN » Mon May 13, 2002 4:30 pm

Kraken saw Sarah had left, he figured there was no point in hanging around with the crazed bard anymore and he could do more "good" on the outside of the inn. He reckoned he could look through the window occasionally to see if the bard needed any help, then, he would call for that help. He'd be damned if he was going to be guarding a bard, who was probably a better fighter than him, all by himself.

He left the inn purposefully slinking through the crowd of people who had just entered trying to pick a few pockets on his way.

(Occ: I don't exactly know what to do with a Philsys charcter ^^;; )

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=kraken>KraKeN</A]&nbsp; Image at: 5/13/02 8:45:46 pm

Deeum

Re: *puts some "Theif" music on*

Unread postby Deeum » Mon May 13, 2002 4:44 pm

((ooc: took this friggin reply screen long enough to laod -.-;; ))

Sarah wandered to the messenger, and wrote a quick not to her employer, the king.

---
Dear, KoD

Well if you've taken a breather from your .. daily "activities" to read this... I might not be back for a few weeks. Something has come up and i have to see this through.
Sorry again!

Sincerely, Sarah.
----
After packaging her letter neatly, Sarah reached behind herself, and sifted into her pockets and pulls out several gil.

"Well, hope he doesn't mind so much" She pondered, giving the letter and payment to the messenger service.

Quickly she turned around in the now nice fire lit streets of this fair city and back towards the tavern.

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

And here's where it all starts to go wrong... Or does it?

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Mon May 13, 2002 7:57 pm

Kraken soon spotted a good target:a preoccupied looking nobleman headed for the marketplace.

-------

Sarah immediately noticed that something was subtly different about the Drunken Flame tavern. This was probably the presence of several armored guards standing in front of it. Kilra also watched the scene.
"Open in the name of Lady Fanshen!" the captain shouted. Then, "What did you go and do that for?"
"Do what?" said a guard innocently.
"You just kicked the door down! It's no wonder people don't have a very good opinion of us, if you go around doing that."
"Well, there's the bard." said another guard.
Richard saw as Enrik drew his rapier, a bloodthirsty gleam in his eyes.

Shinigori V2

Re: And here's where it all starts to go wrong... Or does it

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Mon May 13, 2002 8:21 pm

Griff looked to Ilken and gave a small smile, a rare occurance for the young assassin...

"No, I'm about set for now...I'll just trail you for the time being...after all, I'm all that stands between you and them...So you may need some help!"

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Re: And here's where it all starts to go wrong... Or does it

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Mon May 13, 2002 9:33 pm

"Right, right." said Ilken uncomfortably. He led Griff to a nondescript stall.
"D'you have the merchandise I ordered?" Ilken asked the shopkeeper. With a look at Griff, the shopkeeper handed over something concealed in a bag. There was a red glow briefly, then Ilken stuffed whatever it was into his pack.
"Got any use for a bard?" Ilken asked the shopkeeper, jovial once more. "Good condition, hardly used."
"Not if it's the one who's been killin' priests." laughed the shopkeeper. "Never thought I'd see the day you would need bodyguarding."
"Necces'ty's a bit heavier 'n pride, Krinnor." siad Ilken ruefully..
"True, true." said the old shopkeeper. "You bein' a lord and all."
"However unintention'ly." said Ilken.

Divinegon2130

Well, at least the guy's not alone...

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon May 13, 2002 9:42 pm

Richard, watching Enrik draw his rapier, immediately looked around for what could have possibly been wrong.

His right hand reflexively went for his short sword, which had been held at his side for the simple reason that he never knew what was going to happen.

Whatever threat was there, he only hoped he could handle it. At least he was not alone if he had to fight; there was Enrik, despite the fact that he had never known the bard...

Jak Snide

<_< Rush into a group of guards? I think not.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue May 14, 2002 8:10 am

Kilra looked on, weighing the situation up in her head. She could rush the guards immediately, but that would have her quickly surrounded by all of them.

She drew her blades as quietly as possible.

IM: "Best to wait for an opportunity to present itself."

Shinigori V2

Re: <_< Rush into a group of guards? I think not.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Tue May 14, 2002 10:00 am

Griff wasnt really paying attention to what Ilken and the other man were saying. A new sword had caught his eye..

"Wooo...that one looks dangerous...Ilken, I'll be over here if you need anything...Just give me a call when your ready to go..."

Griff walked away, heading straight for the weapon...

Deeum

Re: <_< Rush into a group of guards? I think not.

Unread postby Deeum » Tue May 14, 2002 4:25 pm

halting to a stop upon watching the guards kick down the tavern door.
"Well Good grief, all the excitement happens when i go off to do business." Sarah though walking briskly towards the tavern doors, brandishing the seal of Doma, just to get some information on the matter.
"What in the hell do you think your doing here? There is no need to cause a ruckus this early in the night." she hissed clutching the seal.

KraKeN

^^;;

Unread postby KraKeN » Tue May 14, 2002 4:29 pm

(Occ: I suppose this is my fault but i meant to pick pocket the people entering the tavern on my way out and then peer through the window and keep an eye on Erik)

Outside the inn Kraken heard the tell tale scrape of metal as Erik's blade was drawn. He turned quickly and hid in the shadows peering through the window to get a look at what was happening on the inside of the bar, hand crossbows drawn.

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Re: ^^;;

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Wed May 15, 2002 8:53 pm

"We're searching for a bard..."
"This the one you want?" said the bartender, pointing to Enrik, who was in fighting stance.
"Yes. He must be placed under arrest, and those with him are to be brought to me." said the captain.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed May 15, 2002 9:31 pm

(OOC: This is assuming Richard could hear what the captain said.)

Richard wasn't about to tolerate what the captain had just said. He wanted to know what on earth was going on. Those observing could see the agitation on Richard's face as he walked closer to the captain.

"Hold on a minute," Richard said to the captain, directing his fingers towards the 'bard' they were talking about. "What has he done that requires his arrest?"

The other half of him wanted to get rid of these guards right away. However, Richard held this side down so that he wouldn't be acting foolish.

(OOC: Remember, Richard doesn't know him that well. ...And how many guards are there that Richard can see, including the captain?)

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Wed May 15, 2002 11:17 pm

Oh yeah.. one thing she hated most was to be ignored. She was a bit vexed when the armored men and captain were brushing her off... And what is worse, for some odd reason they were wanting the ones following him. Clearing her throat, Sarah once again pushing (ooc:I assume he is there) Richard to the side.
"Excuse me, I'm with the bard you seek.. now What did he do to get arrested? ignore me again and find yourself 20 feet out the door." she noted with a stern tone within her voice.

)

Next

Return to Gaera Main RPs