Prophet (PhilSys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Jak Snide

¬.¬ Running away, eh?

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Sep 04, 2002 2:48 pm

Now, Kilra wasn't dumb. She may be a little lost in her own world, and ignorant of many things on the surface, but she wasn't dumb. And thus, she had noticed that some of the group weren't what she had assumed them to be.

"Run away? Why he should he run, if he's in the right. Besides, I doubt they'll stop coming after him if he leaves. They'll want to make an example of him."

Kilra spoke a half truth. While such things had been known to happen back home, she doubted that this countess or whatever would come after Ilken if she left. But it was all for a good cause, she told herself. It wasn't as if she hadn't lied many, many times before, after all.

KraKeN

Re: ¬.¬ Running away, eh?

Unread postby KraKeN » Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:34 pm

"Yes fine we shouldn't "run away"", replied Kraken, "but that doesn't mean we have to attack this Lady person, my job is to protect the bard not to attack for the bard."

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Thu Sep 05, 2002 7:03 pm

"Just t'tell you, you bein' new to th'island and all," said Ilken mildly, "Erijun's priesthood isn't exac'ly confined to this town. I mean, th'news'll prob'ly spread."

KraKeN

Unread postby KraKeN » Sat Sep 07, 2002 2:51 pm

"That doesn't really make a difference", replied Kraken.

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sat Sep 07, 2002 4:14 pm

Sarah finaly stirred awake from her deep sleep to Ilken and Kraken arguing.
'What? .. did i over sleep?" she muttered rubbing her eyes while getting off the floor.
She paused then checked her items and such for any sudden thefts.
(woo the time of late posts! I so rule!!)

Shinigori V2
Wishing she brought a backup turtle.

Unread postby Shinigori V2 » Sat Sep 07, 2002 6:35 pm

Griff appeared at the door, decked out with his bandanna, boots, and armored trenchcoat. He was obviously ready for anything to come at him....

"Kraken, how do you expect to keep him safe if the person who wants him dead still lives? To keep him safest, we should probably strike at the source!"

Griff slammed his fist into his palm for emphasis. He reached into his pocket and looked for a coin of somesort to flip.

"However....We probably can't attack this lady person head-on..thats a given, if shes commanding preists...There is one solution, though..."

Griffs eyes shined and he smirked his little conceded smirk...

"If we we're to assassinate her...heheheh....And who better to assassinate someone..."

Divinegon2130

Nice try, but we've got a contradictory view.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Sep 07, 2002 7:35 pm

One of the first things Griff noticed was that Richard was obviously against this idea. He could tell because Richard shook his head slowly, then brought his head up to look straight at him.

"Why does EVERYONE insist on bloodshed and striking first? Just listen to me. I've said it already - we're best off finding evidence that proves that this 'god' is dead. Then we turn that evidence over to Fanshen, she finds out we're right, and she and her guards don't bother us or this bard anymore. Simple.

"Spilling blood only tends to make things worse. We're trying to fix the problem, not aggravate it."

KraKeN

Unread postby KraKeN » Sat Sep 07, 2002 8:36 pm

"Well then where would we go to find evidence of this Gods death?", said Kraken, "Not only that but wouldn't we have to prove the God existed in the first place? Also a fanatic like this Farsham Lady is likely to ignore all the sensible stuff you put before her and believe what she wants to believe".

Divinegon2130

Richard's really unaware....

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Sep 07, 2002 9:01 pm

"I wouldn't know exactly where to find evidence," Richard said. He would get back to this bit later, but he had to answer Kraken's last point.

"If they claim this god exists as he's seemed to, there's at least a chance we can find evidence. Now, if they don't believe it... THEN we worry about killing them. That's when I can tell Fanshen's really out to kill us... Right now, it may be just her guards and not her."

Then he turned his eyes to Enrik. A question to Enrik would be the way to get back to Kraken's last point. "Sir, is there anything else to your story?"

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Re: Richard's really unaware....

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Sun Sep 08, 2002 5:18 pm

"What's to tell?" said Enrik. "I have been blessed, to be the one who exposes the heretics for what they are! Whether they are killed by blade or truth matters little."

Divinegon2130

Re: Richard's really unaware....

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Sep 08, 2002 9:18 pm

Richard knew he was in a tough situation. If he didn't go along with the 'killing' idea, he would be on his own and probably be hunted down by guards. If he went along with their idea, he'd be sacrificing his own opinions on bloodshed.

Of course, safety was more important to him now...

Richard eventually decided he'd go along for now, but he wouldn't do the killing unless he was in immediate danger.

"...if that's the case, let's just kill her and get this over with. Just don't expect me to be the one that cuts out her corruption directly."

Jak Snide

<.<()

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Sep 09, 2002 5:05 am

Kilra nodded, happy that Richard had seen the point and conceded. Then again, the bards behavior was beginning to disturb her. She was wary of religious fanatics, and even though Enrik was advocating a supposed deity who's name was being used to control and oppress the innocent, he was beginning to sound alot like one. That, and the fact that her present company hadn't been when she assumed, left her with uneasy, hoping that everything worked out for "the greater good."

Deeum

woo.. and stuff.

Unread postby Deeum » Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:58 pm

Sarah, stil slightly groggy/halfasleep walked past everyone else. 'Well thats al well and good, but lets get started? I'd perfer to talk about WHAT to do on the way to where ever we're going.' she put bluntly.

Jak Snide

Move, damnit!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Sep 14, 2002 4:06 pm

"Aye, let's get moving." she said, pulling her hood up and over her head again, and looking around for confirmation from the others.

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Re: woo.. and stuff.

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Sat Sep 14, 2002 5:55 pm

Enrik got up to follow Kilra. Ilken, on the other hand, seemed somewhat reluctant.
"Er... Will you be wantin' me t'come?" he asked cautiously.

Jak Snide

<.<()

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Sep 15, 2002 9:08 am

Kilra looked at Ilken. A fighter he was not.

"You should stay here and look after the place, in case anyone discovers it." she said, flawlessly concealing the fact that she thought he'd just get killed within 2 seconds of an actual fight breaking out.

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Wed Sep 18, 2002 2:35 pm

'Come on people, i'm not going to wait here all day for you to explain the plan. just talk and lets get a moove on!' Sarah kept on insisting. IT wasn't the fact she wanted to find out about the god, its the fact she was DEAD hungry.. its been since the day before since she had anything to eat.

Divinegon2130

Re: <.<()

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Sep 18, 2002 3:27 pm

Richard was a bit irritated about being rushed. He didn't care if he was hungry - a little hunger wasn't going to ruin his thinking, especially since he'd thought things on an empty stomach before.

And he was definitely AGAINST Kilra's viewpoint on Ilken. He'd have to serve some purpose, and if he stayed alone, which Richard implied (from his own experiences) that Kilra was suggesting, he'd surely get killed.

"We shouldn't be leaving anyone behind. It's not safe for someone to stay alone. You, sir-" at this point, Richard directed his eyes toward Ilken- "should probably stay with us. I'd say more, but it appears we're all a little anxious to get going..."

Richard was growing uneasy over Sarah's reactions.

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:46 pm

Sarah stopps in her tracks and spins around facing Richard. Look, i know you don't like the idea of rushing right now. but damnit, i'm about to STARVE' She growled showing abit of fangs. I don't know how often your kind eats, but its been more then a day since i've had anything decent! IF we don't go get something quick, i'll just eat you instead!'

Yeah, it was sorta bitchy of her, but god damn, she did not need people complaining to her at the moment.

Jak Snide

Gah.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:16 pm

Kilra shook her head. She didn't want Ilken coming along because she knew he'd get killed if he did. Her hideout was far safer, being a secret and all. But, at this point, she just wanted to go out adventuring! Do something! She really didn't like standing around and not being heroic. Or trying to, at least.

"Can we just GO?! Please?"

Deeum

WEE 3 times in one day?! BLASPHEMY!

Unread postby Deeum » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:54 pm

Sarah huffed , turned around, and continued on down whatever path they had been taking.
'Guess times like this we should be thinking about food. with al that has happened and all.' she thought.

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Ilken SAVES THE DAY! Or at least the early morning.

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Wed Sep 18, 2002 9:24 pm

"Th' food thing's covered." said Ilken, taking out some trail rations. "Assass'nation's ain't exactly a job f'r an empty stomach." He appeared to reconsider this for a moment. "Dependin' on th'method, o'course."
He then turned to Kilra.
"If y'really want t'be doin' somethin', maybe it'd be a good idea t'be scoutin' th'terrain while th'people with their priorities are eatin'."

Jak Snide

Back to the bar for breakfast?

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:17 pm

Kilre muttered to herself. She had her priorities as well, and they were straight. They had things to do, and they shouldn't be wasting time filling their bellies!

"Can't you just walk and eat at the same time?" she asked, her voice growing more irritable, an odd accent creeping into it.

KraKeN

Wai!!!

Unread postby KraKeN » Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:52 pm

"Well I can't", said Kraken grabbing the nearest loaf of bread, "I tend to trip over things".

Deeum

Back to the bar for breakfast? DM: 'And i'll kill you!'

Unread postby Deeum » Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:02 pm

eating a small loaf herself, Sarah walked along with the others. she wasn't nearly as grouchy as she was a few moments ago, but that could be because she filed the void some.
'So, mmm where is our next stop?' she mumbled with her mouth still half full of bread.

Divinegon2130

Re: Wai!!!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:25 pm

As he walked along with the rest of the group, Richard had decided not to eat. For one thing, the food was not exactly of the kind he'd normally eat in any circumstance (even not having had food for about a day now). Second, he felt that having a lot to eat slowed him down - which, in his opinion, could be more problematic than being starved for maybe a day. The armor he'd 'found' recently was weighty enough - he didn't need a full stomach making things worse.

"None for me, thanks," he said to Ilken. "I don't eat very much. Besides, I find that having too much to eat slows me down excessively."

Jak Snide

The malco thief? XD

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Sep 19, 2002 4:30 pm

"Well, I know where these fanatics usually are in town from my observations, but I have no idea where this lady, um, person is. Still, they probably report into her, and are thus followable."

IM: "Presuming they don't use magic, at lease."

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Thu Sep 19, 2002 8:06 pm

"Can't be too hard." said Ilken, his mouth full. "The bloody nobil'ty ain't exactly subte 'bout their nat'ral habitat. Just go 'round lookin' for a bloody big mansion."

Deeum

Re: The malco thief? XD

Unread postby Deeum » Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:57 pm

'Oh yeah, i'm soo sure people are filthy rich in this neck of the woods' her eyes roll upon speaking in a scarcastic tone.
Damn, the bread was barely enough to keeop her anger undercrontoll, but now she faces a new problem. How long? Knowing her luck the next town would be a day or two away, and sleeping on the ground, again wasn't something she liked much.
It felt like they would have a better chance at finding random monsters then another town.

So one question came to mind.
"Can someone.. like fly up high enough to see where we are? if not I can throw them high enough.."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Sep 22, 2002 9:44 pm

Sarah had asked if someone could fly up to see where they were. This gave Richard an idea, but it would take a few minutes.

"If you give me a few minutes I could probably fly up. Just hold on..."

At this point, Richard bent down again and put his right hand over his chest, his form slowly taking the familiar shape of a true raven...

(Yes, Richard's going into full raven form.)

Deeum

Re: Prophet (PhilSys RP)

Unread postby Deeum » Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:15 pm

((*bump*))

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Laziness and GMing don't mix. Blah.

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Thu Sep 26, 2002 7:08 pm

Richard felt the familiar form of the raven coming back to him...
"'kay" said Ilken. "What now?"

Divinegon2130

*bubbles in the circle for laziness*

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Sep 26, 2002 7:43 pm

Now that Richard was in his raven form, he had his 'promise' to fulfill.

He flew up, trying to get an idea where the group was, as well as looking for anything that could be suspicious.

Deeum

Re: Laziness and GMing don't mix. Blah.

Unread postby Deeum » Thu Sep 26, 2002 8:08 pm

Sarah looked up and squinted towards Richard and yells
'Find anything?!'

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

Damn, I'm lazy...

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Fri Sep 27, 2002 8:12 pm

Richard flew up until he could see the entire town- a birdseye view, as it were. There was the destroyed inn, the town square, the guard house... and what appeared to be a church of some sort. Smoke wafted up from the roof, probably as part of some religious ceremony.

Deeum

Unread postby Deeum » Sun Sep 29, 2002 4:11 pm

Sarah walked around and waited for Richard's report on where they were.

Jak Snide

*mutters*

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Sep 29, 2002 6:11 pm

Kilra waited for Richard's report as well, growing a little impatient.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Sep 29, 2002 10:10 pm

Once Richard had gathered this information, he flew back down near the group, and then made the draining shapechange back to human form.

Once he did this, Richard told the group, "Well, besides the fact that we're not far from the town, the only really unusual thing I found is that there's something going on at the church nearby. No sign of a rich person's home, really."

Jak Snide

"Laziness and GMing don't mix." That's how it is..

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:21 am

(OOC: After conferring with my other players, I've come to a decision. I'm leaving Prophet, and at my last check almost everyone else (Shini not giving me an answer to my question) was with me on this.

C_C, I understand that you've got other things to do, and a life outside of RPGWW. I respect this, but if you are to be a GM, you can't just post once every three or so days. I've talked to you about this before a few months back, and it hasn't improved. This RP has been going on for what seems like a year now, and it doesn't seem that we're that far into it. Frankly, I'm tired of Kilra being tied to this RP, and I want to use her elsewhere.

Anyway, that's the way things are. I realise that this isn't exactly the nicest thing to do, but frankly, I'm fed up. Sorry.)

RPGWWer ChronoCatfish

No problem.

Unread postby RPGWWer ChronoCatfish » Sun Oct 06, 2002 1:29 pm

(OOC: I understand. Sorry about not having been too punctual with the posts. Actually, I've been getting kind of bored with Prophet as well. My next GMing project will definitely be better thought out.)

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs