Curse of the Necromancer (Freestyle RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Taiar

Unread postby Taiar » Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:39 am

Xero instinctivly inched in front of Kyra protectively, his hand touching upon the end of his hilt, bending slightly at the knees in a ready position. His friend's nervousness spread onto him for a second, but he quickly relaxed again, seeing the man who frightened Kyra as not hostile.

He stood his ground though, reaching behind himself and patting Kyra on the shoulder reassuringly, trying to help the white mage calm herself down.

"I have no idea who's to blame for this mess...Besides...Kyra, Maybe you were just in a bad place at a bad time...Maybe the zombies weren't after you!''

LadyDragonClawsEDW

*casts confusion on the thread*

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Mon Aug 12, 2002 11:25 am

"M-maybe you're right Xero...maybe I was in the wrong place at the wrong time..." Kyra admitted, managing a weak smile.

She fixed an uneasy gaze on the man questioning her, "Rhone...is a necromancer Xero and I fought a year ago...he..um...escaped..." she glanced to Xero nervously, obviously uneasy with bringing up the subject of their past battle.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

*dodges*

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Aug 13, 2002 6:28 pm

"Woah, there, Mage-guy." End coughed, walking up to him. "There a problem? I helped save you, right?"

End patted his chest slightly as he spoke, glad to be rid of the pain. .. if that old.. thing.. ever showed its ugly face around him again, he would not go so easily the next time.. with that dark thought in mind, End gripped his lance slightly, but kept his eyes on the Mage.

geoc

Tittle Here (I don't know what to tittle this)

Unread postby geoc » Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:07 pm

"This seems to be the wrong time to be talking about, Rhone. We should get you all to a room in the inn. So we can talk more..." Defron said looking at the inn.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

*Randomly attacks End*

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Aug 13, 2002 9:14 pm

"You have no idea, do you?" the mage snarled angrily.
Upon closer inspection, End could see that he was a tall Drow, clad in black robes. A pointed hat lay nearby, thrown off during the fight.

"I should kill you myself." Fire gathered at the mage's fingertips, before he dissipated it with a visible effort of will.
"Unfortunately, I need you."

"Now, help me find the others who freed the necromancer before it's too late."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

.. I see?

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Aug 14, 2002 8:48 pm

End squinted briefly at the Drow for a moment. "... I don't know you, do I?" He seemed to take the death threat in stride, waving his lance mockingly at the mage as he asked his question. "After all, I don' see many Drow hangin' around Doma.."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: .. I see?

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Aug 14, 2002 10:41 pm

"You... My family is dead because of you. You killed my brother as he stood helpless, and your mage friend very nearly took my head off. The only reason you are alive now is that the necromancer Korlan wants you dead. You therefore have nothing to lose by helping me put an end to him. Unlike my other potential allies," he concluded bitterly.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

.. woah, yo.

Unread postby Endesu » Wed Aug 14, 2002 10:46 pm

End coughed. ".. you.. you were the Drow mages! The ones that were.. holy crap." He rubbed his head for a moment, the memories coming back to him. "So one of you survived after all.. well, listen, I know you'll still hate me regardless of what I say, but it wasn't intentional.. none of us were sure who to believe." End winced slightly as he spoke.

".. but the necromancer.. he's still alive?"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: .. woah, yo.

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Aug 14, 2002 11:01 pm

The mage actually seemed to consider this question.
"Probably not," he said at length, "Then again, neither were those guards we were fighting. Simply because Korlan is dead, it doesn't mean he's harmless. As long as his body remains, he can maintain his ties to the world. And with agents to do his bidding, well..."
He trailed off, gesturing at the fallen guards.

geoc

Re: .. woah, yo.

Unread postby geoc » Wed Aug 14, 2002 11:49 pm

Defron stood there, listening to the three of them talk. He was confused about exactly what had happened, he assumed Rhone was some how connected to all of this, hear about another Necromancer made his job harder. He decided to follow these people and take out the Necromancer with them. The worst that could happen is that it would be the wrong necromancer, and he would have to kill another one.

"If you will allow I would like to join you in destroying this Korlan.”

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Making plans.

Unread postby Endesu » Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:19 pm

(Um.. geoc, End and the Drow Mage are in another area, separate from Kyra and Xero.)

".. so.. he's undead, huh? Great.." End inspected the zombies briefly, poking at them with his lance inquisitively. "And he can turn people into his undead slaves..

I wonder.. do you think it'd be possible to trace the magic that turned these guards into zombies back to his source of operations, whereever it may be?.. Seems like anything that would help us in finding him would work out.."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Making plans.

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:56 am

"That should not prove necessary. I know the location of the seat of his power. Finding him should not pose a problem. Unfortunately, he has found us. I may have banished this minion, but it will not take long for another to arrive. And I doubt the next would be taken by surprise."
A quiet sigh of frustration at this point. "The sooner we find your associates and get moving, the better."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Alright then..

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Aug 20, 2002 1:51 am

"Sounds all well and good." End remarked. "But where do you suggest we even start? This is a big town, and those two could be ANYWHERE. White Mages and Fighters are a dime a dozen here, y'know."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

On with the plot.

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:12 am

Tronash considered his course of action.
It hadn't occurred to him that Reshiki might not know where his companions were to be found. He was unlikely to have time to trudge about the city in search of them.

Then again, perhaps there was merit in his earlier suggestion. If Korlan had gone after all of his foes at once, then there would be zombies near the mage and the swordsman as well.

Closing his eyes, he stared out into the astral plane. All about were bright auras corresponding to the bustling citizens of Doma.
Ignoring these, he concentrated on the patches of darkness where the fallen guards lay. The magic that had held them together was dissipating quickly, but if he concentrated, he could just make out strands of darkness forming a trail.
Following the trail, he soon found three more patches of darkness corresponding to zombies bereft of the magic that gave them "life".
Of the auras clustered nearby, two were familiar.

"This way," he said, popping his eyes open and setting off.
They were only a couple of streets over, and it wouldn't take long to reach them.
Whereupon, it occurred to him, it would be necessary to explain the situation all over again.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/ukelne.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Kelne</A]&nbsp; Image at: 8/20/02 6:16:44 am

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Here we go.

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Aug 20, 2002 6:55 pm

End shrugged, following closely. At this point, he saw no reason to doubt the Drow's word, considering the things that he had seen so far today. He wondered if the two were even around here..

.. and, if so, were they all right? He could only hope that the necromancer's revenge hadn't already taken them, and would soon claim him as well.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: On with the plot.

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Aug 20, 2002 10:00 pm

Spotting the people he was looking for was easy enough.
He recognised the faces from the cave.
A surge of hatred almost overwhelmed Tronash, but he fought it down ruthlessly. He had bigger fish to fry.

"You wish to know who is responsible for this attack?" he asked, voice firmly under control, "I can tell you exactly who, and why."

Taiar

Hnnn....

Unread postby Taiar » Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:51 am

Xero turned to Tronash upon his arrival, popping an eyebrow up at his comment.

"Uhhh...Please, Do so at your leisure...I wouldn't mind knowing a few anwsers..."

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Re: Hnnn....

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Aug 24, 2002 2:43 am

As End followed the Drow, he noticed the faces of the two people he had worked with a while back.

"Oh, hey, guys! How've you been? Good, swell? I'm just fine, though an old man tried to rip my heart out.. ^_^"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Aug 24, 2002 8:35 am

"Your attacker," he began, "Is the necromancer Korlan, whom you freed from the dark flame. Your subsequent attempt to kill him has earned you his enmity."

"For the past several months, he has been systematically eliminating all those who conspired to destroy him, and re-establishing his power over my people. With this done, he has now turned his attention to you."

Tronash paused, to allow this information to sink in.

"There are none now left among my people who dare to oppose him - they all have too much to lose. I have therefore sought you out, for if he is not stopped, he will assuredly destroy you and all you hold dear to bring about his revenge."

geoc

Unread postby geoc » Sat Aug 24, 2002 7:09 pm

Defron walked over and leaned up against a wall. His glasses still on, he looked up into the sky. He stood there leaning up against the wall. It was time to do something.

"I have to help them end this. I can't let another necromancer hurt this lady more than she already has been. Just lucky, I guess for us to run across a person who just happened to know who is after them and why. Well two necromancers, but only one has acutaly targeted them, if he's telling the truth. This one must be my target. I'll go after Korlan. Rhone seems to be old news..."

Defron readjusted himself. The wall he was leaning on was not the most comfortable thing.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Aug 27, 2002 1:19 am

End opened his mouth slightly, making an 'Oooo' noise.

"Not that he should be too much of a concern, regardless. Once we find him, we can beat him senseless and destroy him! Last time was easy, and this time should be easy, too!"

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Aug 31, 2002 1:02 am

((I have got to post more often...))

"I doubt it will be so easy. This time, Korlan will be surrounded by his undead minions. In any case, we shoud go soon. It will not take him long to send out another wraith, and I would prefer to be far from here when it arrives. I have arranged transportation at the chocobo stables."

So saying, the mage gestured towards the north gate.

-------------

Travellers on the plains west of Doma might have noticed a dark shadow speeding across the landscape. Not bothering with maintaining the illusion of humanity, the wraith was covering ground very quickly, despite the debilitating effects of the sun. It would reach Doma that very night, and this time, there would be no escape for its prey.

If Korlan had to open every grave in the city to kill them, he would.

geoc

Unread postby geoc » Sun Sep 01, 2002 3:31 am

Defron readjusted himself. He looked at the chockobo stables. He walked over and ordered a chocobo. One was promptly deliverd to him by the stable manager. He mounted it.

"When do we leave?" Defron said.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

It's alive! Alive!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Sep 07, 2002 8:36 am

((OOC: Moving things on a bit.))

The open plains stretched before them. Tronash had taken the lead, guiding them ever onwards towards the western horizon. The drow mage had informed them that he would be able to shield them from scrying for a time, but that it was a stopgap measure at best. Their best hope lay in reaching Korlan before his minions managed to track them.

A solid day of riding saw them to the foothills of the Shuman Mountains. Throughout, their guide had been silent, speaking only in response to questions, and keeping his answers brief. Now Tronash gestured towards a ruined keep, crumbling battlements rimmed in the glow of the setting sun.

"That will be our entrance to the Underdark. We will rest there tonight before descending tomorrow. Few know of this entrance, and it may not be watched by my people."

The Underdark. It was a name to inspire fear among any of the surface-dwelling races. A realm of darkness and monsters, where the slightest misstep was death. Down there, the drow would hold the advantage, and by his own admission, he was no friend to them.

A common enemy bound them for now, but what would happen when Korlan was dealt with?

Enemies behind, enemies ahead, and an enemy at their side. Would any of them return to civilization alive?

"I shall locate the entrance," Tronash said, as the camp was set up, "Keep a watch. There are other perils abroad than the servants of the necromancer."

---------------

Daresh Jos sat in his chair, shivering despite the fire in the hearth. Of course Korlan had come for him. There was no forgiveness in the black soul of the drow. It was time tomove on. He couldn't count on the assassin to finish the ancient necromancer, though he prayed that he would be successful.

Tomorrow, he would board a ship to the island kingdoms. If fortune favoured him, he might get as far as Prandia. Surely the necromancer would not follow him so far in search of revenge.

"Did you truly believe you could escape me, human?" The whisper was as cold and dry as the tomb. Daresh spun to be confronted by a pair of glowing red eyes surrounded by shadow.
Frozen in terror, Daresh could not even blink as the specter of his own death drifted closer.
"I had been so looking forward to your agonised death, Daresh. The steady pursuit, the mounting terror as your nights were haunted by my servants... A pity that I have other business, and must cut short our reunion. Good-bye, old friend."

As a shadowy hand plunged into his chest, Daresh reflected upon his life. Not a happy one by any means, and steeped in the darker aspects of human existence. At least his end would be swift, which was more than he had dared hope.

The body of Daresh Jos was found two days later by the Doman Guard. Cause of death was ruled to be heart attack, and although the investigating officer had his suspicions otherwise, there was no proof.

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Hmm.

Unread postby Endesu » Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:13 am

End briefly regarded the necromancer as he spoke, before taking a few steps away from the camp. "Well, if you don't mind, I'm going to do a bit of exploring around the area.

.. you never know.. he could be anywhere around here."

geoc

Re: Hmm.

Unread postby geoc » Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:19 am

Defron stood up and looked at everyone, "I'll be in the trees, the ground isn't safe."

With that Defron hoped up into a tree and shimmied up it, so far that they lost sight of him. His presence was only noticeable because when the wind blew the leaves of the tree rustled slightly different, or if you could see at night as well as an Owl.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Hmm.

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:24 pm

It was a peaceful night, filled with the typical noises one expects in the countryside - the rustling of leaves, creaking branches, and the occasional screech of triumph from a hunting owl. Although the sun had gone down, a full moon shone on the landscape, giving plenty of light to see by.

As End moved away from the camp, he saw nothing to belie this impression, save the shadowy figure of Tronash making his way towards the castle. The drow seemed largely oblivious to his surroundings. Tailing him shouldn't be too difficult, if End was so inclined...

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Heh.

Unread postby Endesu » Sat Sep 14, 2002 1:55 am

(Sorry for not posting in so long. Are Tai and LDC out of this arpee, or what?)

End smirked slightly, picked up his lance, and silently began to tail the Drow, for a reason that can only be described as curiosity.

As he did so, he noted the darkness of the night around him, and decided to take advantage of it, just in case he made any suspicious noises - with that thought in mind, he implemented a simple spell of darkness, melting his physical appearance into that of the night.

He continued to follow..

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: Heh.

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Sep 15, 2002 2:52 am

((I have no idea, End. We may need to track them down on AIM at some point and discuss it. In the meantime, I think we'll have to put the RP on hold.))

Previous

Return to Gaera Main RPs