Fideleo's Hunt (Battle RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Nekogami

Fideleo's Hunt (Battle RP)

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Jun 21, 2002 11:31 pm

This is a battle RP. Basically to test the rules and make sure we can do this. It will be a hexboard RP. I am GM. I need players to show me their stats sheets like any Philsys RP. There is a 5 char limit in this RP. First come first serve. Enjoy.

Hanule, Inustan

Hanule was bustling with activity. Balloons, food, music, it was almost like a carnival but there was something special. All around were fighters. Inujin, nekojin, elven, human, almost every race as represented amoung the warrriors. It was Hanule's very own Fideleo's Hunt.

An Attendent at a booth was barking out at the gates. "ALL ENTRIES SIGN UP HEEEEREEE! ALL ENTRIES!" The line was kind of long but well worth the wait. "TEAM ENTRIES ONLY. TEAM ENTRIES," he called out.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

WEEE!!!

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:07 am

A man with short brown hair and light blue armor walked by that very booth, a slight breeze flapping his tan cape behind him. His mind was not on the impending battles within the arena, but the lovely woman walking by his side.

^_^ ...she's so wonderful... The young man thought, his blue eyes shining with joy as he gazed at the white mage. His beloved, his 'sweetie'...

...and, most important of all, his fiancee.

*<.<* "So, um... Kyra..." Daniel stammered, rubbing the back of his head nervously, "Where do you think we should spend the night here?" *^.^*;;;

(Dan's sheet)

Edited by: FF Fanatic 80&nbsp; Image at: 6/22/02 4:10:37 am

LadyDragonClawsEDW

A hunting we will go.... O_O Nani?

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:22 am

"Well..." Kyra smiled to her fiancee, blushing just as bad, "Of course, I think it would be a wonderful idea dear..." she smiled, gazing deeply into Dan's beautiful blue eyes, eyes that she could stare into forever.

"Thank you for arranging this vacation, it's so wonderful to get out of Doma for once...." she smiled brightly at her future life partner.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Me be in board RP! Me be happy!

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sat Jun 22, 2002 12:56 am

Bob walked down the streets, his wings flapping lazily behind him. He yawned, bored. He was in Inustan because he had wanted to see the world, know what it was like in other parts, besides Doma. Jess was staying with Mac to learn Common better. When Bob heard about a fighting tournament, he was interested. Normally, he wouldn't fight...but now...he thought he had to. He wanted to know how powerful he was now, and wanted to test it out. It would be worty research. He walked over to the signups.

(The Charsheet of El Bob)

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

Re: Me be in board RP! Me be happy!

Unread postby Reako Somner » Sat Jun 22, 2002 3:12 am

Reako was still busy exploring, being a newcomer to Gaera, and had recently just arrived in this town. While he was walking down the street, a poster caught his eye

*Hmm, a tournament huh? Might as well enter. I need the practice*

( http://www.greatdave.org:7777/rpgww/RPc ... somner.htm yeah, so I don't have a fancy link like the rest of yas

[edit] It's no big deal, but please make sure to put OOC comments in parenthesis, Reako. -- Rydia)

Edited by: pd Rydia&nbsp; Image at: 6/22/02 7:17:29 am

Elementalist Daien

Re: Fideleo's Hunt (Battle RP)

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Jun 22, 2002 7:38 am

Deiryn stood at the back, watching the happenings around him, as the mass of people grew. He stood from a vantage point, his hands inside his pockets, and thought for a while.

"Hmm... I think I'll join..."

It will make a change from stealing...

(... I have sent the stat sheet to AM. >_> When he finishes it I'll be able to give it to you. Amanda, I'm sure he will if you ask him XP)

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Sets the couple up the double cross*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sat Jun 22, 2002 10:52 am

*^_^* "Well, of course I did." Dan smiled to her, holding her hand as they walked, "I know how much you like to travel."

<.< You know... I really *SHOULD* thank the Chancellor once we get back to Doma... Daniel thought, Considering the hell he's put me through before, it was nice of him to offer us these tickets to...

"HEY." one of the attendants at the booths shouted out, looking right at the happy couple. Dan stopped, turning to look at the man.

o.o? "...yes?" he asked the booth attendant.

"Hmmm... brown hair... blue armor... tan cape... are you Daniel Hyral?" he asked. The pseudo-Paladin's face faultered a bit in shock.

o_o; "Um... yes?" he responded.

"I see, and that lady with you must be Kyra, then." the attendant said, jotting down a few notes on a sheet, "Ok then, you've both got about an hour before the hunt starts, so I'd suggest that you..."

0_o; "...wait a minute!?!?" Dan stammered back, confused "How did we get entered into this?!?!!"

o.o? "You don't know?" the attendant responded, scratching his head, "Hmmm... how exactly did you get to Inustan, if you don't mind my asking?"

o_o; "Well, er... we were given tickets for a ride here." Dan said, showing the attendant his own ticket, "I think it was with 'Gold Streak Chocobo Riders'."

"Ah, well, that answers everything! ^_^" the attendant smiled, "You see, that paticular company has an agreement going on with some of our sponsors. Anyone who plans to enter gets a half price ride to Inustan. I'd say whoever gave you those tickets either wanted you to enter, or decided to be cheap and... "

e.e+++ ....@#$@#$@$!!!!!! Dan cursed, ignoring the rest of the attendant's explanation. He was too busy plotting the horrible things he would say and do to the Chancellor once he and Kyra returned...

(OOC: Hope you don't mind, Vince XD)

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Say WHAT?!

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sat Jun 22, 2002 7:32 pm

"Hunt?? You mean....we're going to be in the HUNT?!" the surprise on the white mage's face could not be surpassed...well except that one time when that kitara stated that she was ovulating...

She shot a worried look at her fiancee, not to mention a shocked one in reaction to his sudden outburst of profanity, then back to the attendant, "Um...this isn't dangerous is it?" ^_^;;;;

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Jun 23, 2002 4:32 pm

The attendent smiled warmly. "Of course it's dangerous! There's all kinds of dangerous critters in the forest. But the fame and fortune is well worth it. Besides, with a party of 5 it should be less dangerous." He shrugged. "Care to sign up? We'll save the last three slots until you can fill them. Then on with the battle!"

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Filler yay!

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Sun Jun 23, 2002 7:13 pm

"Oh my...." Kyra gave a very nervous glance at Daniel, "I hope we can find more people then...."

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: Filler yay!

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sun Jun 23, 2002 9:56 pm

By this time, Bob had grown impatient with the long lines. Seeking a way to get past the crowds, he thought. There was really no way...Bob flexed his wings, a habit that he had developed when he was thinking...WAIT! THAT WAS IT! His wings! After some testing, he realized that they weren't just there for decoration. Testing out again, he managed to rise a few inches into the air. Flapping harder, he rose another crucial inch. Feeling he had enough air, he flapped over the crowds. Seeing a signup spot, he tried to land there...but he wasn't that good at landing. He lost his balance, falling down next to Dan. Getting up slowly, he groaned. ">Urg...I still need more tests...<" He said in English.

FF Fanatic

*Insert Witty Title here* ^.^;

Unread postby FF Fanatic » Mon Jun 24, 2002 1:36 am

If Kyra thought she was stunned by Daniel's 'colorful' choice of words, then Daniel was equally stunned by his fiancee's willingness to enter said hunt.

o.o;; "Y..y..you really want to enter this, Kyra?" Daniel asked her, the shock obvious on his face, "I mean, if you really don't want to, I'm sure we can work something out with..."

Before Daniel had a chance to finish his sentence, he noticed Kyra's eyes widen, staring at something above and behind him. The pseudo-Paladin turned around, just in time to see someone faceplant right into the dirt.

O_O;;; "WAH!!!" Daniel cried out in shock, stumbling back as the man pulled himself back to his feet, muttering something in a strange tongue.

ó_ò; "...are, uh... you Ok, Sir?" Daniel asked the strange man with wings. Looking him over a bit, noticing the horns on his head and the shape of his wings, he remembered someone who looked a lot like him. Back in Doma, there was a mercenary he'd run into occasionally, a dragon-half woman named Dia Rai.

o.o? Maybe I should tell Dia about this guy when I get back... Dan thought to himself, waiting for his response.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

UGGAAAAAAAAAA!

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:50 am

Bob got up. "Uh, yeah...I okay." He knew he still wasn't fluent in Common...and that he sounded like a caveboy, According to Dia. He didn't have the nickname Uga for no reason. Shaking his head, he looked at the people standing there.

^_^ "Ah! Hello again Kyra! Who this be? He be your fiancee? Nice to meet you!" He extended his hand happily. "I are known as Uga...or Bob...or El Bob...just pick name." Bob smiled. I'm also known as Adam...but he's no more.

Jak Snide

Ah heck, I've been dying to use this guy again!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:56 am

An oddly dressed man stood several feet from the trio, sporting a rifle slung over his shoulder, as well a wearing a gauze wire wrapped leather shirt. He'd been watching the two humans for a while, and was a little surprised at seeing a dragon-half. Valth had a tenancy to leave it's citizens with little knowledge of the outside world, and seeing other races apart from humans still left him slightly unnerved, despite the fact that he told himself that they were decent, normal people.

Why he was actually present in Inustan was actually unrelated to those he observed. After finding little work in Kalshana, he had set of West, passing South of Nekonia to find himself in this strange land. His slight inhibitions with dealing with talking animals and his lack of the common tongue hadn't done wonders in his quest for pay. Still, as of late he'd been seeing posters pasted up around town, depicting instances of combat, displaying large monetary rewards as well. He'd managed to put two and two together and get something around four, and had guessed that this was some sort of mass purge of the local monstrosities, with a good deal being paid. And for one with skills as limited as his, such an opportunity was too good to pass up.

He began to approach the booth slowly, still intrigued by the odd trio, especially the man in the armour. He looked like the sort from the few children books he'd read, detailing lands without the advanced technology of his home, and plagued by monstrosities such as dragons.

(Aramni's sheet can be found here. Quite tragically, he can't speak common, and thus has a little difficulty communicating, although he can sometimes get his point across.

Edit: Aaaaand I know realise I'm exceeding the RPs limits. Is it still alright if I join, or should I delete this post? ^_^

Edited by: Jak Snide&nbsp; Image at: 6/24/02 6:20:54 pm

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jun 24, 2002 12:22 pm

(Here is the sheet! Whoo! www.greatdave.org:7777/rp...htm#deiryn )

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Posties*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:34 am

O_o; Dan facefaulted a bit at the dragon-half's... 'unique' spin on common, as well as knowing Kyra.

<.<;;; How does Kyra *meet* all these people? Dan thought, then sighed a bit to himself, Well, duh, she has a life too...

V.V ...just wished I was part of it more often, seems like I'm always busy lately...

Realizing now was NOT the time to get into an angstfest with himself, Dan extended his own hand, shaking the dragon-half's and smiling.

^_^; "It's, nice to meet you too, um, 'Bob'." Dan said to the man, as he tried to think of something to say to the stranger, "So... you and Kyra know each other? o.o?"

Edited by: FF Fanatic 80&nbsp; Image at: 6/25/02 2:34:37 pm

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: *Posties*

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:56 am

Bob smiled. "I met her while ago. I practicing fight, and she healed me." Somewhat sheepishly, he continued. "I..uh...lost." Noticing the psuedo-paladin's facial expressions, he explained himself. "Oh...I know I sound weird. I not from around here, so I sound like caveboy. I can use Telepathy...I sound a bit...coerent..no. COHERENT, with it."

Reako Somner

*walks up*

Unread postby Reako Somner » Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:48 am

Reako finally got to the end of the line, and went through sign up procedures. After a few questions about whether or not he'd be old enough, Reako convinced the attendant to let him in. Looking off to the side, he saw Dan.

"Oh, hey Dan. Are you in this thing too?"

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Almost forgot!

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:59 am

Kyra's sheet

Kyra nodded, "Yes, that's how I met Bob here..." she smiled nervously, then glanced to Daniel. He didn't know? That's too bad....I wish he was around more but lately I've been so busy in the castle I can't even find the time to go see him...

"Are you going to enter the hunt Bob?"

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: Almost forgot!

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Tue Jun 25, 2002 12:20 pm

Bob nodded. "I need to run more tests. I not know how powerful this form is. So..I enter."

Nekogami

^_^ You can join Jak

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Jun 25, 2002 12:30 pm

OOC: You can join Jak, only 5 can fight at a time so just like in an RP you can can switcheroo. If you switch in battle or if someone it KO'ed then the backup can enter but at the first hex, like the battle just started.

Jak Snide

*nods* Thank you. ^_^

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jun 25, 2002 12:40 pm

(OOC: Will we be able to travel as a group of 6, with one person acting as a reserve member who can be switched in, á la FFX? Or will 5 go off by themselves, and when one person is rendered incapacitated, either through leaving the RP or being KOd, the 6th character enters?)

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:11 pm

Deiryn walked calmly through the crowd to get to the booth. He calmly filled up all the needed stuff, and walked out just as calmly and silently as he did.

He looked at all the others who signed up for the hunt. He would have to be with 4 of them...

"I hope they don't take long", he said, brushing his coat from the dust caused by the contact with so many people.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Jun 26, 2002 1:35 am

(OOC: I was thinking more FFX style but I have noticed you're in a lot of RPs so what would be more convenient for you, Jak?)

Jak Snide

*chuckles*

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jun 26, 2002 3:40 am

(OOC: Truth tell, anything short of 15 RPs isn't going to bog me down. Anyway, I'd prefer the FFX style as well, so no problems, eh? *smiles*)

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Ooooh!! Ooooh!! I CALL KIMAHRI!!

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Jun 26, 2002 9:53 pm

Dan turned toward the person who called out his name (Reako), looking the person over a few times.

<.>? ...who is this guy? Dan wondered, excusing himself from Bob and Kyra's conversation a moment to talk to the man.

o.o? "...have we met, Sir?" Daniel asked the stranger.

Reako Somner

*blink*

Unread postby Reako Somner » Wed Jun 26, 2002 11:39 pm

"You don't remember? Figures... you were kinda out of it at the time. I met you at Kotoki's Bar, you were talking with her."

Reako checked his signup sheet.

"It seems we're to be on the same team... I'll do what I can"

Nekogami

I just have to do this...

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:49 am

((OOC: *whaps Dan for great justice* Mummble, call Kimahri.....mumble.... XP))

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Thwapped* ;_; B..but he's a big kitty. *sob*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Jun 27, 2002 11:28 am

o.o? "You said... Kotoki's?" Dan answered back. He thought for a moment, giving the man another look over.

Wait... yes, he DOES look sorta familiar... Dan realized, But, when did I see him?

<.< ...the last time I was at Kotoki's, I don't really remember anything...

9.9? ...except... something about Kotoki, and Jak... and...

9.9 .........

O_o .....!!!!

o__0;;;

The memories of that horrible night (for Dan XD) flooding back all at once, the pseudo-Paladin did what he does best in high stress social situations.

@_@;;; He promptly passed out, falling forward into Reako.

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Re: I just have to do this...

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Thu Jun 27, 2002 11:30 am

Kyra blinked. Dan at the bar? Out of it....someone must've tricked him into drinking again.... She sighed, glancing at Daniel for a moment, the at Reako curiously.

Reako Somner

>< gah!

Unread postby Reako Somner » Thu Jun 27, 2002 11:35 am

Reako quickly moved out the way as Dan passed out.

" O_O Errr... I shoulda figured that's what would happen. Anyone have some cold water?"

Nekogami

Re: >< gah!

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Jun 30, 2002 7:29 pm

(BUMP Jak's char and Daien need to assemble with the main group. Soon as that happens the real hunt begins)

Jak Snide

I was hoping someone would talk to him. ^_^;;

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:38 am

Aramni walked up to the registration desk, a small flicker of hope in his chest.

He opened his mouth, and began to speak one of the oddest dialects anyone present had heard. Of course, if a person knew the Valthi language, they would have heard:

# "I wish to apply for this job, should there still be openings."#

During this time his hands were full of motion, indicating himself, a large advertisement poster nearby, and himself again, almost certain that the inujin wouldn't understand a word he said.

(OOC: He's using the free skill "Communicate Feelings" to try and get across that he wants to join the hunt.)

Nekogami

Re: I was hoping someone would talk to him. ^_^;;

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:42 am

The attendant at the desk gave Aramni a strange look. Withougt averting his gaze he reached for a Valthi Primer. He blinked at Aramni once then started searching through it.

"...........OOoooooh, makes sense now! Sure bloke you can join!" The sheepdog looking attendant scribbled down some things. "Yer name? And uh, you'll be with them." He pointed to the fainted Dan and the others. "Um......"he checked his primer. #Good luck!#

Jak Snide

*chuckles* He's always hell for GMs.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:24 pm

Following the attendants finger, Aramni found himself looking at the group he had observed before. While the only words he had understood were those spoken in Valthi, he got the general gist of things. He'd be working with this group.

So he walked over to them, standing a respectable 4 feet away, and watching them, arms crossed.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:43 pm

Deiryn approached the others silently, and looked around.

"I'm with your group" He said, short and to the point, not willing to engage in much conversation.

He turned at looked at Aramni. Seeing his clothing and appearance, he thought that he was probably Valthi too. To verify, he spoke in his natal language

#Hey, friend. What's your name? You're with us, right?#

Jak Snide

O_O

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:25 pm

The mans jaw dropped slightly. He'd never heard a foreigner speak Valthi so fluently after that little incident. However, there was something about this one...

#"Aramni, and yes. I take it you're from Valth as well?"#

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: O_O

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:12 pm

Bob looked at the others warily. Great, more people that speak different languages. It was times like these that Bob was glad he had telepathy. Without it...well..he'd still be speaking gibberish to everyone. In fact...well, he didn't want to think about that. So he did what he always did: smile and nod.

"You both in our group, right? Hmm...we have five...enough, I think."

Jak Snide

<_< >_> 6_9

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:33 am

Aramni looked at Bob, then at Deiryn.

#"What did he say?"#

RebelKitsune

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:04 pm

(Yo, it's me, Dai. I'm on Jean, fuking around with his comp. Heheheh.)

Deiryn turned around to Aramni and said, without hesitating

#He just said that our group is complete... You ARE with us, right?#

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/urebelkitsune.showPublicProfile?language=EN>RebelKitsune</A] at: 7/2/02 7:06:12 pm

Next

Return to Gaera Main RPs