Fideleo's Hunt (Battle RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Nekogami

Re: Fideleo's Hunt (Battle RP)

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:32 pm

Trumpets sounded.The hunt was officially beginning.

"ON YOUR MARKS, HUUUUUNTEEEEEERRRRRS!!!" Called out the attendants.

Parties began to crowd around the city gates. A lull settled on the city. ..........

"GO!" And they were off....

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Onward!

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:38 pm

Kyra gave a nervous glance at Daniel, drawing in a deep breath, "Here we go dear...." she reached down and took his hand, squeezing tightly. ^_^;;

Jak Snide

Indeed.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:17 pm

Aramni nodded to his fellow Valthi, confirming his affiliation.

Reako Somner
Always sleepy, never asleep

*finally gets to post again*

Unread postby Reako Somner » Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:25 pm

Reako drew his rapier, and his eyes glowed blue, showing that he had started using Greatsight, to prevent getting jumped. Sticking with his group, he glanced around, awaiting any oncoming attacks from monsters.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:36 pm

Deiryn readied his pistol, and looked around, then back at his party, and said:

"Unless I'm wrong, we should be in groups of 5, not 6... That means we'll have to leave someone behind..."

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Sets himself up the quick catchup* ^.^;;;

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:49 pm

After a few minutes, heal spells, and quick huggles with his sweetums, Dan was alert again and on his feet. He turned toward their growing group, giving them all a small nod.

-_-;;; "S..sorry about that..." he apologized to everyone, rubbing the back of his head nervously, "Bad memory there... I'll try to remain conscious for the rest of this, I promise. ^.^;;;"

>.> He turned to look at the other parties, watching them head for the woods and various other locales for the hunt. As he did, a thought occured to him, and he turned back to the group.

o.o? "So.... what, exactly, are we supposed to be doing? Do we have to capture them alive or something?" Dan asked, having never been in a competition like this before...

Nekogami

Re: *Sets himself up the quick catchup* ^.^;;;

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Jul 03, 2002 11:00 pm

A garoujin team walked past them. A member looked and Dan and laughed.

"Puppies. We've been the winning team 2 years running. You fight and depending on what you fight, you get a pelt, a fang, or a claw. Ya know something. You get points for what you hunt."

He pointed to a gate. "That gate is for pups like you....." Points to another, overgrown gate. "That one has....more dangerous but more valuable game."

He swung his sword and looked to his group that was heading off. "We've got a group of eight....You've only 6.....Heh, you better be careful, puppies. HAH!" He headed off to catch up with his group.

Jak Snide

Does that mean we can fight as a group of six?

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jul 04, 2002 8:52 am

While he couldn't understand a word that the garoujin had said, he knew well enough from their tone that they were being taunted. He had no idea why though, the most that he had garnered from the exchange was that, apparently, "puppies" was an insult, judging from how it was used.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

*glare at Dei*¬.¬

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:13 am

Bob readied his weapon...er...his fists. He DID have a katana earlier, but some theif had stolen it from him, and he never saw who it was. So, he chose to fight barehanded rather than get the money to buy a new one. He knew, though, that if he ever found that theif, he'd rip him apart. Hell knew no fury like a woman scorned OR an angry dragonhalf.

Bob felt insulted by the inujin, but didn't say anything, because he wasn't eloquent. He just kind of stood there, waiting.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Jul 04, 2002 12:40 pm

Deiryn looked at Bob, and as he saw he was weaponless, was torn between bursting out laughing and cursing his luck. He decided not to do either, as it would clearly reveal his guilt.

Instead, he placed a magazine in his pistol and said :
"Well, shall we go, or stay here looking at each other?"

Nekogami

Cheesy FF-style tutorial XD

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Jul 05, 2002 10:34 am

A inujin girl walked up to Kyra and handed her a pamphlet. "Here, I can't enter to the tournament so you can have my rulebook." A little boy pushed her down. "HEY!" She ran off to chase him then beat him to a pulp.
<center>~~Fideleo's Hunt Tutorial~~</center>
If you're reading this you must be in the tournament. Well, let's look over the rules.

Party
You can have any number of people in your party up to ten. Only five may fight at a time.

Fighting
Only five can be in a battle at once. However, if a party member is KO'ed then a replacement fight can join but at the edge of the battlefield. He'll have to make his way to the rest of the party.

Running
If you feel to overwhelmed by a monster then by all means run. But you don't get EXP or prizes from running from a battle

Winning the Tournament
After you defeat a monster, they often leave behind items to be judged. Different items have different point values. Here's a few but not all the items they might leave.
Talons-5 pts
Teeth-3 pts
The bigger and harder, the monster the better the item.
Monsters
Here's a few monsters you may encounter in the hunt:
Shrieker Mushroom--Shrieker mushrooms cannot move,Instead, they screech loudly. Often attracts other creatures nearby that have learned to recognize that the shrieking means prey.
Shadow Wolf--A common beast of the forest. Often hunt in packs.

[i]Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/unekogami.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Nekogami</A]&nbsp; Image at: 7/5/02 2:39:36 pm

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Heh!

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Fri Jul 05, 2002 2:37 pm

Kyra read through the pamphlet carefully, "One of us willl have to stay behind according to this..." smiling nervously, Kyra handed the pamphlet over to Daniel, "You might want to read this too dear..."

Jak Snide

o_o????

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Jul 06, 2002 10:04 am

Aramni stared at the pamphlet blanky. It looked important. Too bad it wasn't in Valthi.

#"Hey,"# he asked his fellow Valthi, #"what does it say?#"

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Posties*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Sat Jul 06, 2002 10:40 am

After giving the manual a second lookover, he handed it off to Bob next, turning to face Kyra and their other teammates.

"I guess the question now is... which gate are we going to take?" Daniel asked everyone, looking a tad bit nervous, "Even if those guys were giving us a hard time, I think it might be wiser if we took the smaller gate. A lot of us are new to this competition as is..." he said, glancing at Kyra for a moment, then continuing, "...and who knows what we might run into if we take the other gate."

The pseudo-paladin gulped a bit, and hoped no one was inadvertantly offended by his thoughts. He knew from his own experience that to some, their pride/honor was more important than the possible danger that may lay ahead. All he could do now was wait and see how the others felt.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Jul 06, 2002 12:13 pm

Deiryn started explaining patiently (and by that, I mean roughly and "let's get it over with") what the pamphlet read to Aramni, explaining the gates and the things related to it.

#I think you'll have to lay down on the grenades and other explosives...# he said

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sat Jul 06, 2002 6:29 pm

Bob skimmed the pamphlet...though he didn't get much. He didn't learn to read Common that well. He knew the word for mushroom...but other than that, it was sketchy.

"Er...I don't care which gate we take. Me fight bravely either way."

Jak Snide

Hrm..

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:17 pm

Aramni frowned. He only had one explosive grenade left, the other having been used to kill that...thing back near Kalshana. He had one flash and one smoke grenade as well, but they were hardly going to ward of the enemy.

#"I'll do my best."# he replied, determined not to show any sign of doubt.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Posts, for great hunting*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:41 am

"...not to be a nag or anything..." Daniel stammered, still nervous about sounding like he was in charge. The truth was, he hated being a person in authority. While he wouldn't hesitate to give his opinion if he disagreed strongly, he usually went along with whomever he was working with. But for the moment, it seemed to be him, and they didn't have much time.

"...could we decide soon? We'll fall behind if we don't choose a gate and get started." he said, trying to sound the least bit nervous as he could.

Nekogami

Re: *Posts, for great hunting*

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:03 am

A troupe of cloaked and somewhat dainty looking inujin women approached the large gate. Even so soon the clamor of fighting could be heard. The women looked at each other and smiled, chattering excitedly. The lead women called attention from the troupe and pointed to the gate.

"Let's do it, girls!!!" With that she cast off her cloak to reveal an outfit from an S&M nightmare. The others did the same and they gave a collective howl before--whips, chains, and swords in tow--rushed through the large gate and into the forest.

Meanwhile, some middle school children with their weapons went into the small gate.

(OOC: ~.^ And nothing says that if either gate is too challenging or not challenging enough that you can't go back and take the other gate. So um...pic one cause I'm not gonna do it for you.)

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Nervous nervous Kyra

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:09 pm

Staring with awe at the group that had just entered, Kyra turned quickly back to the others, "I...I'd prefer the small gate if you don't mind..." she laughed nervously, making it hard to tell if she was afraid of the monsters that might be in the large gate...or the people hunting them.

Jak Snide

Decisive action maybe?

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:45 pm

Aramni watched the other teams depart, not sure who they were. Other mercenaries? Why weren't they working together then? Or were they being dispatched as squads?

The ex-soldier nodded to himself. That had to be it. It pleased him to see other nations adopting the Valthi strategies and tactics that he'd been trained in. While he held no love for many of the beliefs of his homeland, he did maintain a good deal of respect for their knowledge of combat situations. In a land where there's no miracle potion or a white mage to save you should you take a hit, tactics meant everything.

#"We should move out."# he announced, although only Deiryn would be able to understand his words.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:31 pm

Deiryn nodded, and translated while voicing his opinion, by saying

"Yeah... We should move out... But I think we should go through the large gates... We're not little kids, like those that entered before,are we?"

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Jul 14, 2002 11:03 am

(Bumpity)

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sun Jul 14, 2002 11:24 am

Bob sighed. "Look, I no care. How about we go through small gate for now? There nothing say we can't go back....I think." Bob then continued under his breath, in his native language. >Bunch of indecisive people...<

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Sets the party up the convenient plot device*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:27 pm

(OOC: Hope no one is too upset with this, but we REALLY need to get this thing going before it dies. Didn't think it would take THIS long for everyone to decide on a gate... >.>;;; )

Dan tapped his foot, slightly annoyed at the time it was taking for the others to decide on their actions.

Gah... what's so hard about this decision? he thought, trying hard not to glare at the other by staring at a nearby tree, If you think you can handle it, pick the big one, otherwise don't... is it THAT HARD?!

Just as Dan was about to speak, however, something bumped into him hard. He nearly fell backwards onto the ground, barely able to keep standing.

6.6?? "...what in the...?" he started to wonder, looking down to the ground. There, sitting on his bottom, was a small Inujin boy, his features resembling that of a Huskie. He had reddish brown fur, with light peach fur on his paws, belly, neck, and muzzle. The small boy shook his head, trying to regain his composure.

ó.ò "Oh my... are you Ok little guy?" Dan stammered, reaching down and helping the kid back to his feet. The child took the Pseudo-Paladin's hand, pulling himself back up onto his feet, which were barefoot. The only clothes the young boy had were some tattered black pants and a green tanktop shirt.

,-.-, "Y..yeah, I think sho..." the boy stammered back, speaking with a slight lisp. He looked up to the human man, appearing to be afraid of his reaction.

9.9;;; "s...s.shorry about dat shir..." he stammered, letting out a small whimper.

6.6 "Hey, it's Ok, neither of us got hurt, right?" Dan said, trying to ease the young Inujin's fears. He patted the kid on the shoulder, smiling kindly.

"So don't worry about it. Let's just both be more careful from now on. ^.^;;"

9.9 "O...Ok..." the young boy said, his tail letting out a brief wag from the pat on the shoulder, "Thank you mishter."

With that, the young boy ran off, toward the smaller of the two gates. Dan watched him leave, curious about the boy's reason for going into such a dangerous area.

o.o? Hmmm... maybe his parents are in the hunt as well? he though, as he leaned toward a nearby wall to rest against. As he did, he noticed something seemed 'off' about his balance. He shifted back and forth a few times, finally noticing that one of his pockets no longer felt as heavy. Quickly reaching into said pocket, his hand grasped at empty air, the Pseudo-Paladin facefaulting.

O_O;;;; "...MY WALLET!??!" Dan suddenly shouted. He dropped to the ground and crawled around frantically to find it, but only managed to get a face full of dirt.

<.>;;; "...h..how the heck could I lose it? I was just checking it barely a minute ago...?" Dan though, trying to recall anything unusual that happened. Then it dawned on him.

The young boy...

The 'convenient' bump...

The nervousness...

The kid's sudden run, away from him...

O_O;;; "...THAT KID STOLE MY WALLET!!!" Dan suddenly shouted. Totally forgetting about the group and his lovely fiancee, he stormed toward the small gate.

O\/o+ "GET BACK HERE!!!"

**Meanwhile**

^-^ "Ehehehehe.... shucker..." the little Huskie Inu chuckled, his tail wagging with glee as he scampered back to his 'pack', looking through the human's wallet, "The others will be sho proud of me when I get back..."

"GET BACK HERE!!!!"

o_o;;; "...oh sh#$..." he cursed, his tail going rigid in fright. He quickly picked up speed before the angry human caught up to him...

(OOC2: We can always go back to the other gate later.

....And I hope this kid doesn't end up being another permanent character of mine too. ^.^;; )

Jak Snide

Oh, of *course* he won't Dave! XD

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:36 pm

Aramni, pleased that someone had shown some initiative, walked after Daniel, unslinging his rifle as he neared the gate, bringing it up to his eye and creeping forward in a distinctly military fashion, checking both around corners of the gate before moving through it, and after the pseudo-paladin.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:48 pm

Deiryn followed, glad that at least someone decided before the thing finished. He followed, running and (probably) catching up with Daniel, also hoping that it wouldn't take long for them to have their first encounter.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Jul 15, 2002 12:59 pm

Eh, better than nothing. Bob broke into a run to catch up with his group.

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

<--- Cheesy Post

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:53 am

As the Pseudo Paladin passed through the small gate, he seemed to forget that he was entering a battle-laiden area, still ignoring the fact he was by himself and looking around.

<\/< >\/> Where is that little thief... I want my wallet back... ;_; Daniel sobbed to himself...

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Bump Post*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Thu Aug 01, 2002 5:49 pm

<\/< That little thief better hope I'm in a better mood when I find him... Dan thought, still looking around, Cause otherwise he's...

The Pseudo-Paladin's foot chose that moment to catch on a small rock, sending Dan facefirst into the groud.

@#@;;; "...owww..." Dan muttereing into the dirt.

Nekogami

Leeeeets get ready to ruuuumbbbbbbbbblllllllle

Unread postby Nekogami » Thu Aug 08, 2002 12:55 pm

(Sorry, I just got my laptop back so now I can GM. Again, I apologize for the wait. Jak, being in Cyprus to my knowledge, will be on the sidelines until his return. So Dan, Kyra, Deiryn, and El Bob...You're the primary combatants....'So you better get ready!' /Outlaw Star ref)

Dan soon realize he was staring at tiny little feet covered in dirt and moss. Looking down on him was a tiny implike creature about 4 feet tall. It looked at him with large black eyes and hissed. From the surrounding foliage, three other mephits emerged, hissing and spitting.

(Initiative: Deiryn>Mephit B>Mephit C>Daniel>Mephit A> Mephit D>El Bob>Kyra)
((Order of Mephits is from Lower left being A and counter clockwise:
D C
A B))

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/unekogami.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Nekogami</A]&nbsp; Image at: 8/19/02 1:59:47 pm

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Aug 08, 2002 10:43 pm

Deiryn quickly halted as the mephits came into view. Without thinking twice, he instinctively took out the pistol from his pocket, took a few steps forward, as one of the most important factors of firearms is that a clear line of sight be obtained.

He rose the pistol to level with the nearest mephit and released a shot. No loud bang was heard, though, as the silenced pistol compressed the sound to a very low noise.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Aug 09, 2002 6:06 pm

Deiryns shot missed it mark. The two mephits approached steadily, however, intent on driving the intruders to their forest back.

(>Daniel<)

((OOC: Do tell me how many hexes and what direction you are going. You can do it artistically in your post or OOC afterwards. ))

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/unekogami.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Nekogami</A]&nbsp; Image at: 8/21/02 11:22:12 pm

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*Er.... (posts)*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:37 am

(OOC: Dan's still stuck in a Chat Phil-Sys Rp, but we should be finishing it today. Once it's over, I'll post for Dan)

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

Ok, time to stop being a jerk >.>;

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Wed Aug 14, 2002 12:35 pm

(OOC: The chat RP's not gonna be done for awhile, so I'm just gonna wait until both are done to do anything with Dan's exp/skills/etc. Sorry I've held this up so long, I know other people need to finish this too v.v;; )

Well... *gulp*... guess it's time now... Daniel thought, brushing the dirt off of his chin. He approached the nearest Mephit, keeping Bob on his right as he brough his staff across for a slash.

(Moved up and right, slashing the mephit)

FF Fanatic 80
Driver of the OOC Bus

*bumps*

Unread postby FF Fanatic 80 » Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:14 pm

(OOC: Are we waiting til Jak gets back from vacation? o.o?)

Nekogami

<----lazy bum

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Aug 17, 2002 1:07 pm

(OOC: Yep that sums it up. *kicks her own ass to start working harder*)

The mephit screeched flying higher and backwards to avoid Dan's blow. (miss) The two mephits from behind moved foward to aid their comrades in battle.

>El Bob<

Jak Snide

Ack!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Aug 18, 2002 7:36 pm

(OOC: I'm back from my holiday, and ready to rumble, as the thread said. Amanda, poke me via AIM when you need me. ^_^;; I take it we'll be doing the combat in that to speed things up a bit, eh?)

Squintz Altec
Administrator

<---lazy too

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sun Aug 18, 2002 8:06 pm

Bob was eager to test himself, see where his weaknesses were...and perhaps even to figure out if this strange force could get him home. Although perhaps it wasn't the best if he showed up back home...but...now was not the time to think of that.

Bob always enjoyed magic, mostly where it was nonexistant back in his homeland, but even more here. He felt the channeling, the feeling, everything...it was wonderful. One day, with the proper instruments, he would have to study it further. Maybe it would reveal something interesting. Feeling the energy ready itself, and his chant ending, Bob released the dragon-faced flame at his opponent, the fiend in front of him.

(Dragon fire.)

Nekogami

<---lazy most

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Aug 20, 2002 3:06 pm

The dragon shaped cone of fire rears up and bears down on the mephit, maw gaping. The shrill cries of the mephit go unanswered as the two rear mephits flee, leaving the one a few yards for Deiryn and Daniel looking left and right in confusion and fear.

>>Kyra<<

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs