Achlan

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Squintz Altec
Administrator

Achlan

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:12 am

"Oh, Achlan...I love you..." The queen leaned over, walking toward her love.

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!" The furious prince drew his sword, walking toward the traitor, Achlan.

Achlan simply stood, staring down the opposition. He calmly drew forth his blade, and uttered..."Line!"

An audible "ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHH!" could be heard from off stage. The director stormed onto the stage, knocking over a fake tree on his way over. "THAT'S THE FIFTH TIME TODAY! WHY CAN'T YOU LEARN YOUR LINES?" The actor simply shrugged. "@#%$! WHY THE @#%$ CAN'T YOU LEARN YOUR @#%$ LINES?"

"Well, you don't have to get that emotional...it's just lines." The actor sighed and leaned on the 'castle.'

"THAT'S IT! YOU'RE ALL FIRED! I'M SICK AND TIRED OF ALL YOU @#%$ ACTORS @#%$ RUINING MY @#%$ SHOWS!" He pointed at the door, shoving the poor actor playing Achlan through first, and the others, not wanting to be thrown into a wall, obliged. The director sat down on the 'castle' steps. "Dammit, now where am I going to find another set of actors? The show's tonight!" He put his hands on his face, then an idea hit him. "THAT'S IT!"

Finding a piece of parchment, he scribbled on it, and put the sign on the outside of the theatre. The sign read:

"ACTORS NEEDED! EXCELLENT PAY! INQUIRE WITHIN!"

The director figured the 'excellent pay' part would attract many people. So, he simply sat back, and waited.

jesmanpokeyfun

an unlikely actor

Unread postby jesmanpokeyfun » Thu Jul 18, 2002 1:04 pm

Jules tiptoed through the dark jewlry store and her eyes settled upon an emerald the size of her fist. She looked around cautiously before gently lifting the gem. A low rumble sounded behind her. 'what could that be?' she thought to herself as she spun her head around, only to be greeted by a dog that came up to her waist. 'good dog, gooood dog' she said trying to calm the dog. The dog inched closer and she through the gem through a window, and jumped through the shattered glass. Jules swept down to pick up the gem and rushed down the dirt path, followed by the dog. With the dog close on her heels she had to act quickly. She darted into a near by building, slaming the door behind her.

"Ooooh results so soon?! you will be perfect for the queen." a voice from down the hall sounded.

Looking around Jules realized she was in a theater. "Uuuuhm actually, I'm not really---" A loud boom sounded on the door. Jules stepped out of the way and the director opened the door. Two men in uniform stood there.

"Sorry to bother you sir, but theres been a break in and we wondered if you had seen any suspicious behavior."

"No officer, no one here but us actors"

"Thank you for your time"

"Now where were we?" The director asked Jules. "Ah. yes, you have come for a part. Well you will be just right for the queen."

IM: Oh no, what do I do? What should I say? Well, I need a place to hide, and this is as good as any.

"Yeah, I think I can handle that" Julie replied. "I'm Julie, where are my lines?"

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: an unlikely actor

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:03 pm

(OOC: Um, sorry...I should have mentioned this earlier. I ran a thread in the OOC forum about this, and I already recruited people for the parts. ^^;; Your character is welcome to be in the audience in that show, but she just can't be the queen. Sorry. ^^;;;)

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:02 pm

A tall, impressively built man in his early forties walks past the theatre. He notices the little flyer, and is intrigued. The olive-skinned man twirls his mustache with his fingers as he reads the flier. He considers for a moment, and runs a hand through his rather impressive black knife-hair.

Walking into the theatre, he sees the director near the stage, muttering something. The man straightens his blue and white naval uniform, emblazon with the crest of Spain over the right side of the chest. Then he approaches the director, and declares; his voice accented:

"I am Pedro Avarres Martinique de Castiligone, but you may call me Flatbeard."

"You don't have a beard at all," points out the director.

"That is not the point," Flatbeard counters. "The point is that you seek skilled actors, no? Well, you need look no further than I. You shall find that none better than I walk this land, for I have been classically trained in the lands of España. With my talents, this play shall doubtless be renowned throughout this world."

jesmanpokeyfun

Unread postby jesmanpokeyfun » Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:12 pm

((Oh lord, I'm sorry,I check the OOC but i must haved missec it >.<. thats allright Julie couldn act anyways. uuuh if you want me in the RP I can, if not just tell me, lol. I might be out of town for a while anyways.))

Squintz Altec
Administrator

And the play gets...playier?

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:45 pm

The director regarded Flatbeard for a minute. Hmmm...this guy DID seem good...he COULD use a talented actor. Thinking, the director analyzed which part he should play. He looked a tad old for Achlan...too male for the Queen...too..serious to be Raek...too...WAIT! He would be a PERFECT prince! "You, sir, are hired!" The director jumped out of his seat and shook Flatbeard's hand enthusiastically. "You'll be my prince!" The director beamed.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: And the play gets...playier?

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:54 pm

(OOC: *coughs* Umm...Dragyn was going to be the Prince, Adam.)

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:23 pm

(OOC: Um...yeah... If it's okay with you, could Dragyn be Raek instead? >_>;;;;)

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:26 pm

"Very well then," Flatbeard says. "I shall indeed be your prince. It is not such a stretch for one such as I. Noble blood flows strongly in my veins, and I am quite closely related to Queen Isabella hereself.

"Yes, I shall be a prince indeed! Hardly acting for I."

jesmanpokeyfun

a horrible horrible adtress

Unread postby jesmanpokeyfun » Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:57 am

Julie stood on the stage. Fists clenched, occasionaly saying 'line' then repeating what was said.

"Hold it!" Screamed the director. "No offense pal, but your no actress, so here," the director pulls a paper and some coin from his pocket, "this is some money and a ticket to tommorow's show. Take it for free, and go to the inn or whatever, just please, PLEASE, leave."

Ashamed, Julie grabbed the paper and coins, pockets them and walks away in silence.

IM:Where can I hide the gem, the police will search everyone that is outside.

Julie looked around and saw a hole in the cieling made by a pestly rodent. 'Perfect.' When no one was looking she climbed onto the rafter and stashed the gem.

'Now, after tommorows show, I will jump up there and retrieve my prize. I'll get off Scott free. Excelent

Jules smirked and towered her fingers.

Firnthuleien

Re: Achlan

Unread postby Firnthuleien » Fri Jul 19, 2002 10:22 pm

Althia was walking down the street, when she noticed a flyer posted up on a wall. She ignored many of the curious glances turned her way as she walked up to read it.

"Actors needed....Sounds like a job for me!" She said with a grin, heading inside.

She walked inside to see the director send someone off with a ticket, and what looked like money. She headed over to him, and another man who was near him, and stood by politely wating to be acknowledged.

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sat Jul 20, 2002 1:11 am

Kamos was busy walking through the town/village/wherever, most likely looking for the next bar, tavern, or inn that he could get D&SD(Drunk and still Depressed). However, the parchment caught his eye. Namely, the "excellent pay" part of it.

Interested, the mercenary walked inside, looking for who was going to pay him...he saw a bunch of people, and cringed at the thought that he was too late to get any money..

Always figures...everyone else before me!

Kamos just decided to, rather not happily stand in line, possibly hoping that there was still room for him to get his share of money.

outlaw kai

Unread postby outlaw kai » Sat Jul 20, 2002 1:33 am

Then....who else would be infront of him but the bandit outlaw kai?! He then wavs his fist at manic depressive NamagoniMk0 and says..."Back off pal! I'm getting this job and that's allthere is to it! Image:"> "

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sat Jul 20, 2002 1:52 am

(Do NOT treat this as a spam thread. This is a serious RP, and I wish it be kept that way. Otherwise, AM will make sure that people like you don't intrude on this RP again...or at least erase the evidence.)

(ALSO note that our usernames are NOT our characters' names. As I said, this is a SERIOUS RP.)

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sat Jul 20, 2002 12:23 pm

(OOC: Seriously, kai...I'm getting pissed. This is the SECOND time you've just done a post like this...please don't do anymore.)

The director was happy. He had filled up most his cast...which was great. "Okay, who's next? You. Yeah, you. Get you're @#%$ rear end in gear and get here." He said, while pointing at Althia.

Firnthuleien

Unread postby Firnthuleien » Sat Jul 20, 2002 1:55 pm

Althia stood there, a bit confused at what, the man she assumed was the director said. She stretched her wings a bit, nervously, and looked over at the director.

"...I'm next?" she asked the director nervously.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sat Jul 20, 2002 4:19 pm

"Yeah, you. I'm pointing AT you. Geez...." the director continued, mumbling. "good help is SO hard to find these days...grumblegrumblebitchbitch"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Jul 21, 2002 12:38 pm

Dragyn paused, and read the notice one last time. Actors needed? Excellent pay? Inquire within? This was exactly what he'd been looking for - something to occupy his time while he wasn't searching for a way home. There was no rush, certainly.

He felt a bit guilty at that thought, but shrugged the feeling off.

'No rush.' He repeated aloud, opening the door and entering the theatre. He saw a small group of people talking near the stage - doubtless the director would be with them. He started out across the expanse of the room, a smile widening across his features.

Step, step, tap, step, step, tap.

His footsteps and the sound of his gold-tipped ebony cane banging the floor echoed around the theatre, causing the group near the stage to look up and spot Dragyn making his way torwards them.

With short purple hair and eyes of the same hue, his red silk shirt and black silk trousers hung baggily off his somewhat gaunt frame. He walked with the aid of a cane, though he appeared to be in his early twenties at most...

'Greetings! I am Dragyn, Dragyn Jast. I'm here about the acting job. I hvery much hope I get the part - when I performed that one time at the palace the Queen and Prince both commended me on my ability.' He spoke with an accent none of them had ever encountered before, leading them to wonder where he might be from...

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sun Jul 21, 2002 1:06 pm

The director stared at Dragyn. "GREAT! Now wait in line."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Jul 21, 2002 1:20 pm

'Might I point out that I am in line?' Dragyn retorted. 'And I don't think that tone is really necessary. You know, I'm only here to help you - it's not as if I have nothing else to do.'

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sun Jul 21, 2002 8:31 pm

"no, no no! I AM happy! ...er...sorry, you can't always tell. But I am! In fact, just step ahead of this girl. She's a little slow."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:50 am

With an apologetic smile to Althia, Dragyn moved round her to face the director.

'There. By the way, is there to be any fencing in this play?'

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:04 pm

The director smiled. "Yes, lots. Are you interested in fighting a lot?"

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Jul 22, 2002 1:22 pm

"Will there be?" inquires the Spaniard mildly. "Then it shall be all the better. I am a master of the Martinique School of Fencing. My technique shall no doubt dazzle the audience, and bring us much acclaim, Director."

Flatbeard looks around, then asks, "Have we enough players? I find myself most impatient to begin rehersals, no?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jul 22, 2002 1:42 pm

Dragyn grimaced, then glanced down at his cane. As the director looked, Dragyn twisted the gold tip to the rigght and pulled out a 2 ft. razor sharp blade from within the ebony tube.

'I live for it.'

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:53 pm

The director looked at the cane. "Ah, great. We'll have to put a cap on it...Hmmm...You'll be a PERFECT Raek..." The director handed a script to Dragyn, then turned to Flatbeard. "Just a few more holes to fill..."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:16 pm

Dragyn smiled.

'And I very much hope I do the part justice.' He glanced over at Flatbeard. 'Would you like to sparr while we wait, sir?'

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:25 pm

"But of course!" Answers the tall man, as he draws the long broadsword that hangs at his side. Holding it with his right hand, he turn sideways and faces Dragyn, keeping his left hand posed for balance.

"I am always prepared to demonstrate the simple beauty of the Martinique School." Flatbeard declares. "Enguarde!"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:43 pm

Dragyn raised his blade in his left hand, mimicing Flatbeard's posture in mirror.

'Whenever you're ready, sir.'

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Jul 22, 2002 4:27 pm

Flatbeard takes a step forward, and sends his broadsword flying low towards Dragyn's stomach. Then, as his foe starts to react, Flatbeard takes a step back, retracting his feint and sending the flat of his broadsword flying at the side of Dragyn's head.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jul 22, 2002 4:50 pm

Infortunately for Flatbeard, he faced a seasoned foe. Dragyn's blade whipped up to deflect the blade, nd with seeming super-human speed he ducked underneath it, bringing his own sword down and round in an attempt to hit Flatbeard's flank with it's side.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:02 pm

Having spent over thirty years of his life mastering the techniques of the Martineque Martineque school, and facing more opponents than he cared to count, Flatbeard easily reads the attack as it happens. The fencer snaps his broadsword down to catch the blade, and bats it wide with a simple motion of his wrist.

He then carries on the motion, sending the flat of his weapon flying at Dragyn's exposed armpit

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:35 pm

And was again blocked by Dragyn's blade. How had the young lad moved so fast? It dawned on Flatbeard that his opponent was no mere human, for no human could have moved so fast.

Dragyn made as if to slash at Flatbeard's shoulder, but instead ducked and rolled, coming up to face the Spaniard on his opposite side, aiming the flat of his blade at the are abetween his shoulders.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Jul 22, 2002 7:37 pm

The Blade passes through air, for Flatbeard had already begun to move as soon as Dragyn rolled.

"Such dishonorable tactics," Flatbeard chides as he pivots to face his opponent once more, "What swordsman would strike at the back of his opponent, and call himself a duelist afterwards?

"You left yourself quite open as well, as you rolled so crassly. Check your shoulder; you shall find a tear in your clothing. It would have been no trouble at all for me to have rendered your arm useless, had this been a true fight. Such is the price of fighting like a cur, no?"

Flatbeard assumes his basic position once more. "Shall we pass again?"

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:14 pm

Dragyn tutted.

'I will not look because you are using an even more dishonourable tactic by attempting to distract me, but I can assure you that I shall find no tear.'

He swayed as Flatbeard thrust at him.

'As for my tactics, you may have learnt fencing as an artform, but I have larnt it on the field of battle. In such circumstances no advantage is to be overlooked.'

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Mon Jul 22, 2002 10:14 pm

"Then you deny the truth you would have learned upon you sacred battlefield," Answers the Spaniard, "The the pain of your tendons being severed would have said differently. I had no desire to strike you as you checked, for such base methods would not have been seemly."

Flatbeard parries three quick strikes from Dragyn, and does not bother to counter.

"And I too have refined by tactics upon the fields of battle. I have faced baser rogues than you, and I have always triumphed. Honor is no emcumbrance in battle. It is a pity you seem not to realize this; just as you seem not to realize you are only tearing the hole in your shirt ever wider."

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Jul 23, 2002 7:00 am

'Indeed? Perhaps I am. But I'm not the one who's going to walk away with a gaping hole in his trousers.' Dragyn smiled and launched an increasingly fast flurry of blows at Flatbeard, occasionaly changing from attack to defence to counter inevitable return thrusts.

'Oh, by the way, don't spill any of my blood, even by accident. You wouldn't like the results.'

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Jul 23, 2002 2:31 pm

Flatbeard steps back, and sheathes his broadsword with a smooth motion.

"You are not worth my time," he declares. "I need not sully my honor by fighting such a rogue as you any longer, for I have already won. To insist that I would dare draw blood in an honorable contest is too much! I shall bid you good day!"

The spaniard turns to the director and says, "I go to seek a tailor. But I shall return soon. With luck, all shall be ready, no?"

Then, he departs with a much dignity as he can with the small hole cut into the seat of his pants.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:45 am

Dragyn shrugged, before glancing at his shirt.

'Well what do you know? He did cut it.' He burst into laughter there and then, and sat himself down on the edge of the stage.

He then passably mimicked Flatbeard, though he had trouble with the accent.

"To insist that I would dare draw blood in an honorable contest is too much!"

'And to think, I was only trying to warn him not to seal his own death. That's life, I suppose.'

Firnthuleien

Unread postby Firnthuleien » Fri Jul 26, 2002 11:03 pm

Althia stood beside the director, watching the fighting. "Such foolishness....fighting without reason..." she thought to herself, shaking her head.

She then turned to the director. "Are there any specifc lines that you'd like me to act out?" she querried politely.

Next

Return to Gaera Main RPs