Achlan

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
NamagomiMk0

Re: Achlan

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Tue Jul 30, 2002 7:39 pm

Kamos was bored, and seeing as the two were swordfighting, in his case, a less barbaric style, but still swordfighting...he decided to get the director's attention in some other way...

He raised his hand, and spoke in a semi-frustrated tone "Director guy, I'm looking for this whole "big pay" dealie...now may I know WHAT I am going to be acting as?"

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Tue Jul 30, 2002 10:43 pm

The director turned to Althia. "Well, durh. There's a script." He then forcefully handed it to her, making a quick, though probably not smart decision. "You better learn it, 'cause you're the King."

The Director then stared at Kamos. "YOU'RE PERFECT! The tone, the feeling! You're my Achlan!" The director rushed up to the mercenary and gave him a giant hug. "You must be an angel!" He then handed a script to the confused Kamos, and walked to a dressing room. "Practice is in 2 hours. Be ready."

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Wed Jul 31, 2002 3:33 pm

Perhaps an Hour has passed when Flatbeard walks though the theatre doors again.

"About time you got back!" The Director exclaims. He hands Flatbeard the script the the Spaniard had left behind, and points him toward the dressing room, "You have an hour before reheresal."

"No need to worry," Flatbeard assures, "I shall have my lines memorized. Rest assured of that."

Flatbeard takes the script, and strides off toward the dressing room. The Director sighs, and takes a few moments to check the stage settings and make sure the ropes and pulleys were in proper order. The he sits down, and reviews the bit of script that he wishes to reherse.

However, the sound of the theatre doors opening again catches his ears. He looks back to see three people walking down the aisle toward him. One is a tall, broadly built man in his mid thirties, wearing the robes of a White Mage and Sea Captain's Hat. Beside him is a tall, attractive woman in her late teens, with bright orange hair. She wears comfortable clothing, leather armour, and carries an axe and a spear. Skipping before them an odd sort of demi-human, a child of about seven years with resembling a nekojin with enormous rabbit-like ears; a cabbit, he recognizes.

"I'm afraid all the main parts are filled," the Director points out, as he stands to meet the newcomers.

"We're here fer tickets, matey," answers the man in the robes.

"I've heard this will be a really good play," Calliope adds. "I'm looking forward to it."

"There is a vendor outside," the director explains patiently, rubbing his forehead. As he does, the cabbit child skips past him and climbs onto the stage. "Hey!" he shouts, "Get away from that! Some of those props are delicate!"

The Cabbit doesn't listen, as she stands in the middle of the stage and sings, "Meow meow meow! Mya meow, mya mya meow!"

The Robed man watches with a bemused smile of a proud father, as woman seems taken by the kawaiiness of the whole scene. "Ye havin' fun, Ushyu?" asks the seaman. Ushyu answers with an enthusiastic nod, prompting him to ask, "Would ye like a small part in th' show?"

"Mreow!" Ushyu answers, smiling widely.

"Hey, matey," say the seaman softly as he leans down by the Director, "Mind givin' my friend there a part as an extra 'r two? She dun speak, but she listens pretty well, eh?"

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Bumpaga and an audience member

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Mon Aug 12, 2002 12:23 pm

"Mmm..." Aya smiled, downing a ladyfinger as she finished her luncheon out on the balcony with her dear husband, King Charles. Set next to her about a foot away was a bassinet decorated in pink and red ribbons, a small baby sleeping peacefully inside. The queen turned her head slightly gazing off over the forests and feilds below, stretching out over Doma, a loud exhale of air passing through her lips before she turned back to her beloved husband.

"Charles...I'm BORED." she pouted like a little kid playfully, "We haven't done anything together for months now..."

"Oh that's not true..." her husband smiled lightly, "Why last night..."

"That's NOT what I mean dear and you know it..." she smirked, wagging a finger at him. "Remember our first date? You took me to see that one show in Narsh...the Last Esper? Why don't we ever do stuff like that anymore?"

"Well um...." Charles smiled nervously, "Give me a moment..." he shuffled out of his seat and back into the castle. Very faintly the king could be heard within the walls, ranting at one of his servants. Moments later, he emerged with a sly grin on his face, "Actually I already had something planned...ever heard of the play Achlan?"

Aya gave him a blank stare.

"I guess not...well it's a play that I've arranged for us to go see!" ^^;;

"Oh Charles that's WONDERFUL! Should we bring Elle? She's well behaved, I doubt she'd cry during it, I don't want to leave her home..." Aya smiled brightly.

"It's up to you dear..." Charles smiled again and edged out of the balcony area to harrass his servant into procuring some tickets.

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: Bumpaga and an audience member

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Mon Aug 12, 2002 9:37 pm

The director was busy, VERY busy, setting up the show. The props had to be juuuussst right, and the actors could be so finicky...he also had to find someone to play the queen, but he could just grab any pretty girl walking down the street. It took a moron to mess up that part. Though things were hectic, he was happy. The great playwright Kindar Anghaw knew the play would be great. After all, he HAD sold his soul to write it just right. Well, he never really had too much of a soul to begin with, but it didn't matter. He ran a hand through his crazy blonde hair, looking at the script. Any minute now, the actors would be ready for their practice, and he was making sure there weren't any errors in it. It would go PERFECT. If not..well...

Accidents happen sometimes.

Kindar looked up, seeing the actors file in for their stage rehersal. How this went would determine how the play would go...or at least a good measure of it. His career was staked on this show.

"Okay...how about we start simple... We'll start at the ball. Okay, so I'll need Achlan...the queen..and the King. The prince enters after the dance. And..." He pointed at the queen's actress, "please don't use that REVOLTING accent."

"Fahine." Kaelick dropped her accent immediately.

Edited by: Squintz Altec  Image at: 8/24/02 3:26:37 am

Uncle Pervy

Re: Bumpaga and an audience member

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Aug 23, 2002 11:58 pm

Flatbeard stood to the side, going over his lines.

Already, he had fallen in love with the Role. A prince cheated by a low-blooded commoner, and upstart without a shred of the Prince's Grace or dignity. It was a role that the Spaniard felt a kinship to.

Certainly, the writing lack the quality of the plays he is accustomed to, but this does not surprise him. Few things could match the quality of his homeland.

Following stange and false deities, engaging in acts of devilry called 'magic' on a daily, an Hourly, basis, the people of Gaera unnerved him deeply. He himself has had no choice but to use such devilry himself to survive. Upon his rand hand rests a simple Silver ring, enchanted with a spell called Wall, designed to reflect devilry back at the ones who invoked it. Upon his other, a ring to teleport him to any place he has seem before within this world.

Flatbeard sighs at the thoughts that the Script has invoked, and devotes himself to memorizing it anew. Perhaps this play could hold some candle to the dramas of Spain...

NamagomiMk0

Heh...We have Kamos...

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:05 pm

Kamos was busy reading up on his lines...the plot seemed slightly reminiscent of something, but he wasn't thinking of WHAT so far...His eyes followed the strings of dialogue and actions...

What IS this...I'm supposing it's a script for something, and we're suppos-AHA! No wonder, I had to do something like this in high school, along with the class...something called "Hamlet"....

He kept reading and studying his lines...deeply desiring that money...

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Yes, I am back.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Sep 08, 2002 3:14 pm

Dragyn thought he had his lines pretty much burned into his memory. Certainly, the plot was the same as a lot of the plays he had seen in Alessia, so even if he screwed up he felt sure he could wing it to good effect.

Previous

Return to Gaera Main RPs