Of Fallen Icons (Philsys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Of Fallen Icons (Philsys RP)

Unread postby Nakibe » Sat Aug 03, 2002 2:32 am

(OOC: Yes, he IS a lazy GM. Yes, he HAS finally started this RP of Doom and Pain and Evul.... or whatever. Anyways, I have Aerin, Kamos, Mavis, Rodney, and Daien on my list, but only Aerin and Rodney confirmed. Anyone who is on my list and wants to RP should probably post here soon. Anyone who doesn't, please let me know, so I can see if I can work around it or find someone else who wishes to RP.)

Near the edge of Doma, bordering the Forbidden plains, there is a small town called Faris. It's a lovely town, with farmers working the land for a couple miles out in several directions, and a couple of small stores here and there (if they can be called that). Protected from the occasional strong winds from the Plains by a brick wall built who-knows-when, the town is somewhat of a tight-knit community of sorts.

Perhaps a tad too tight. There's nothing really to do, and nothing really to SEE in the place, except for the occasional rumor of a Ghost here or there. Most of those rumors turn out to be just that, too. Rumors. All-in-all a fairly boring town of sorts. But no, not today. Today this town is special. For, today, something is bound to happen. You hope. Because sitting around the inn again today would be quite boring.

(OOC: Just in case I haven't made it clear from the setup, it's near-dawn of the day, and you crazy PCs have either been here a while or have just arrived. Take your pick. And in case I haven't made it clear before, People that want to ask me about being in the RP should post a thread in the OOC forum. No jump-ins, please. Thank you.)

Divinegon2130

Re: Of Fallen Icons (Philsys RP)

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Aug 03, 2002 10:15 am

(OOC: Finally! Oh, also, if anyone else needs the character sheet (I know that the GM knows this character fairly well, except for maybe the recent changes I made), it's here.)

Rodney came to the town's borders, having heard about rumors of ghosts. He had just heard of this recently, thinking it might be a good idea if he went and attempted to find the truth behind these rumors for himself.

He still had a purpose to find. And ever since his body had changed so drastically, he was wondering if anyone would let him help ANYWHERE.

It seemed that, no matter where he went, people rejected his offers to help, and hired anyone else. What could they have done with a rat anyway? Rodney protested against this, but the people that hired told him to get out.

Well, no more of this 'get out' @#%$ is going to happen to me, Rodney thought. I hope.

(OOC: Okay, a few things I must tell the GM and anyone else watching. First, Rodney's just arrived. Secondly, he can no longer be classified as a human from initial looks - he's a nezujin now. If you don't know what one of those is, look it up in the guide (and note that Rodney's the cursed variety). As for other info, Rodney's fur is white and his eyes are still red.

That's all I have to mention. Go ahead and ask OOC if you need anything more.)

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sat Aug 03, 2002 3:11 pm

(Aerin, wai!)

Sitting in the least noticeable corner of Faris's inn, Aerin fiddled with her crossbow, carefully cleaning and maintenancing it. Unsurprisingly, she seemed to pass the notice of the inn's servers, which was fine enough for her. That way, she didn't have to talk to anyone. Besides, it gave her time to think.

Right now she was thinking about the whispers she'd overheard about ghosts. Following the trail of the Shango had led her to this town, with its suspicious rumors. She wasn't quite so sure about the stories of "ghosts"...so she was here, quietly listening in on people's conversations.

Setting her crossbow aside, she glanced around the inn, inspecting its inhabitants and trying to pick up any useful pieces of conversation.

NamagomiMk0

Unread postby NamagomiMk0 » Sat Aug 03, 2002 11:26 pm

Kamos walked down into the main room, still looking rather tired, and also looking like the type who you would not want to bother...the last month was hell for him...

Damnit...who the hell's idea of a joke is this...force me to walk ALL the way through Doma...and have to put up with those @#%$ @#%$ criers and their stories about Aya...THEN I have to get my @#%$ LEG sliced off by a giant spider...had to wait about three weeks for that forsaken thing to heal....and THEN I could finally leave....damnit...I don't even want to THINK about what happened on the way back....I swear the next crier who yells out about Aya, the Dictator, or that second-rate self-proclaimed "hero" is going to be killed in a VERY gruesome manner...and left out for ALL to see....

He walked to a table, sat down hard, and decided to call for the bartender...

Nakibe

Unread postby Nakibe » Mon Aug 05, 2002 7:40 pm

(OOC: *Bumpity*The RP IS on hold for now till Nama gets back from his trip, BUT.... all of you folks that wanted to be in... speak now, or forever hold your peace....

Or something. >.>;;; )

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Aug 11, 2002 11:39 am

(OOC: Since Nama has apparently returned, from what I can tell.....

*bump*)

SuperRube

Unread postby SuperRube » Mon Aug 12, 2002 1:44 am

(This just in: Rube posts in RP. World predicted to end. Full story at eleven. Oh yeah. This is [url=http://www.greatdave.org:7777//rpgww/RPchars/superrube.htm>Mavis</a]. Pheer her bigness, or something.)

Once again, Mavis couldn't belive her luck. How the hell did she get stuck with waiting tables at some two bit inn in this little hick town?

...Well, she did know how. She just couldn't belive that it happened, nor would she readily admit to it.

It really wasn't too long ago that it started. She decided to stow away with one of the many caravans of food leaving from the last local she was staying at, thinking that was one of the easiest ways to avoid the local authorities. Turns out she was right. Not only did she get away scot free, but she got delivered to the last place anyone would think to look for her.

Problem was... It was also the last place she wanted to be, short of a prison cell, mind you.

If there's one thing Mavis couldn't stand, it was hick towns. Mostly because most of them where ridiculously close knit, and that didn't make for good stealing. Last thing she needed was to steal a few coins from the local drunkard and then have the entire town on her ass.

Worse yet, the nearest town was miles away, making escape harder.

Taking everything into consideration, she deiced that her best bet would be to keep to hang out in the store room of the very inn she was delivered too, and to await the next shipment.

After two months without any sort of deliveries what so ever, that started to seem like less of good plan. Twas a moot point anyhow, seeing as she was discovered after about a week.

The owner was understandably angry about her free ride, but he also knew an opportunity when he saw on. Free loaders = free labor. Not to mention the fact that Mavis was big. Like, really big. Not bulky or ugly mind you. Actually, she was quite the opposite. She was a very comely lass, just extremely tall. Nearly eight feet tall, to be exact. And quite strong to boot, (this was due to her unfortunate lineage that she didn't have the slightest inkling about, but that's another tale for another time.)

So, rather then turn her into the local authorities, he put her to work. Mostly working in the store house. Move this here, deliver this there, get that off of the high shelf. And it all worked well, for a while. The owner got himself a nice little work horse, and Mavis got a damp pile of hay to sleep on and all the food she could steal.

That was, of course, until the owners best (read: only) waitress came down with an unfortunate case of death. Seeing as Mavis was the only person left under the inn's employ, she got stuck with the job.

Despite the fact that this put Mavis in a really nice position to make some serious profit, (which, belive you me, she did,) she really wasn't happy with it.

Number one, she wasn't really a people person. Sure, sometimes you've got to get close to people to properly con 'em, (another thing she did often,) but waiting on people hand and foot really wasn't her cup of tea. Especially the regulars at this particular inn. Quite the lecherous bunch, it turns out.

Which leads us to number two: The last waitress didn't exactly wear the same dress size as Mavis. Granted, not many women did. It was bad enough that the dress was far too short to begin with... but the bust was another thing entirely. I won't go into the details for fear of making this post unsuitable for our younger readers... But I will say that Mavis was quite gifted in the mammary region, and her "gifts" where almost too much for the poor little dress to bear. But, she very well couldn't wait tables in her normal attire, and it wasn't in the budget to have another dress made, (or so she was told,) so it would have to do.

Not that the aforementioned regulars didn't mind. Hell, they seemed quite fond of it. And they didn't mind reminding her of that fact every single night.

And Mavis was getting sick of it.

After one particular busy night, Mavis decided that she could take no more. One of the regulars had gotten a bit drunker then usual, and therefore quite a bit more bold. And after bothering Mavis with the most trivial of tasks on a night when she was already swamped, he "accidently" spilled his ale and demanded that Mavis clean it up. He made the mistake of his life by slapping something he shouldn't of while she was bending over to take care of things.

Needless to say, this man would never know the joys of father hood.

And Mavis... well, she swore that she'd get out of this town, even if she had to walk across the whole of the Forbidden plains in her bare feet to do it.

All she had to do was await the right opportunity...

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:34 pm

(Other character. Shaun knows about it.)

Trenar walked in the town, looking around him as the sun rose above the horizon. Rumours of a festival in Kalshana came to his attention. Missing a festival with the elves would be something he'd definetely hate, especially since he had just earned another feather. He gently caressed the feather on his new hat and walked down, hoping that he can rest a while before he continues his journey.

He walked down, sighing loudly and arranging his clothes, and trailed down to the inn, hoping for breakfast, while whistling a tune he himself was trying to think up. He opened the door, and walked straight up to the counter, slumping down on it for a while due to being so tired, then raised his head, and asked in the most polite tone possible for him:

"May I ask what is served here for breakfast?"

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:36 pm

Aerin glanced at angry Valthi, but quickly moved her eyes away. That wasn't someone to upset, she mused. She instead choose to appraise him from the corner of her eye, before moving on to the next person.

The only server caught her eye, of course. She kind of stood out in the room...for various reasons. Aerin shifted nervously. Something about the woman --besides her height and clothing-- unnerved her...so she turned away...

To appraise the newest patron of the inn, who was fiddling with a feather sticking from his hat. Why would someone wear a hat inside a building...? she wondered, relieved that he, at least, didn't seem to radiate any anger of ill-will. She spent an extra few moments sizing him up, before returning her attention to an unoccupied spot in the room, to continue musing over...things.

She sighed quietly. At least it's peaceful here. What a nice change from the capital...

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:51 pm

Rodney wandered around town, looking for some clue as to what could be the truth behind these rumors. His wanderlust had been bothering him - he felt he always had to wander to see if he could do anything. He couldn't just find one place to settle down and try to make a living. It was really getting to him.

Eventually, he stumbled upon Faris' inn. Maybe this is where I can get started... he thought as he opened the door slowly.

(OOC: One more reminder for those that have RPed with Rodney before. He's now a nezujin, not human-like like last time.)

SuperRube

Unread postby SuperRube » Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:06 am

Mavis sighed to her self. It looked like today would be different. Nice and slow... mostly outsiders coming in... the kind of day where she could take it easy, pick a few pockets, and call it a night.

That was until now, when people where actually asking for stuff.

She heard someone call for a bar keep, but deiced to ignore it. Last time someone asked for a bar keep specifically they assumed that the person they got had some sort of knowledge about mixing drinks. Mavis tried her best to accommodate him... And at the time she thought she had did a damn fine job. And she was sure that as soon as the guy she served woke up he would most likely confirm that for her. But until then, she figured that she'd rather not take anymore risks with further drink mixing.

When she heard the guy with the fruity hat ask about breakfast, she decided he'd be the best one to start with.

"You say something about breakfast?" She said to the amazing hat while procuring a writing utensil and a small piece of paper from her cleavage. "Well... I think we've got eggs on the menu today. Or at least I think they're eggs. That's what I was told, anyhow. Honestly, I wouldn't trust the cook as far as I could throw him. And let me tell ya, that ain't far, what with him and his apparent weight problem. Anyhow, you buying? I'll need at least 3 gil up front if you are. We've had allot of people stiffin' us on the bill right after they see the food. Then we gotta throw it all out... gods know I ain't touchin' the stuff.

"Aaaanyhow... I babble. You buyin', or what?"

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/usuperrube.showPublicProfile?language=EN>SuperRube</A]&nbsp; Image at: 8/14/02 6:08:07 am

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Wed Aug 14, 2002 7:11 pm

Trenar tiredly looked up to face Mavis, only to find her chest where her face should be. He looked up at her face, making a wierd expression, slightly resembling a nervous, or maybe scared smile. His expression turned to one of slight confusion as she started to talk about the eggs, the cook, his excessive amount of fat and whatnot.

After a few seconds of her finishing her speech, he replied with a simple "Um... I suppose that will do... Uh... Yes...", and turned around, still taken aback by the sudden wierd interaction.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:49 pm

(OOC: *thinks of some potential character interaction*)

Rodney opened the door, looking around the inn. It didn't seem to be quite the place he was hoping for, and he was surprised that someone hadn't already looked at him.

Then he spotted the apparent 'innkeep'. Not having heard the conversation between Mavis and Trenar (and not even KNOWING either of them personally), he walked to the table, and decided that it was his turn to call the innkeep.

Rodney wanted his breakfast. He was not going to be even remotely happy without it.

SuperRube

Unread postby SuperRube » Sat Aug 17, 2002 7:22 pm

Mavis, however, was still waiting on the first customer. She had her hand out, and had a bit of an impatient look on her face.

"Er-hem. The three gil deposit, please. I'm... I mean... the cook, isn't cooking anything until I get some kind of guarantee that you're gonna stick around and eat it"

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun Aug 18, 2002 12:43 pm

Trenar turned around, scratching his head as he heard Mavis' comment. He dug his hands into his bardic clothes, and removed a few coins from a small leather bag strapped on the side of his belt. He carefully calculated to drop the exact amount, and apologized:

"Uh... Sorry about that. I don't kno..." he stopped his apology, mainly because he deducted that she wasn't exactly the person that would care much for apologies...

SuperRube

Unread postby SuperRube » Sun Aug 18, 2002 12:58 pm

Surprisingly, Mavis' demeanor did a complete 180 degree turn after reciving the money.

"Thankyoueversomuchsir,Yourfoodwillbeoutshortly!" She said while jotting some things down on her paper, and then stuffing the coins into her cleavage. (Mavis' cleavage was A very good storage place, it was. *nod*)

"...sucker." She added under her breath as she moved on to the hairy fellow with the large ears that had just summoned her.

She reverted to her more surly state while addressing the new customer. "Okay pal, what'll ya have? Say eggs 'cause that's all we've got. Oh, and I'll need threeee... whoLY CRUD! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO BE?!"

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sun Aug 18, 2002 8:01 pm

Rodney had expected something like this would happen. Thus, he had a distinct set of words that were a response for this situation.

"Funny... Haven't you seen a nezujin before?"

Then Rodney realized how bluntly he was putting it. He'd forgotten that this was a total stranger - and a tall stranger at that. He wanted to hear what she was saying.

"Now, what was it you were saying? You wanted three of something..."

SuperRube

Unread postby SuperRube » Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:13 pm

Mavis was some what startled by his blunt reaction, (and at the fact that it was spoken in a tongue she could understand,) but she did have a job to do, and she'd be damned if she didn't do it, (literally.) "Uh... well, no. I've never seen a 'nezzy-jewin' or what ever it is you said, before. But... I guess your money spends just as well as anyone else's... fuzzy or no.

"So... yeah... anyhow... All we've got is eggs. I've been told they're good. Granted... this was by the village idiot down the street and he considers cockroaches to be a hearty meal. Anyhow... We've had some problems with people walking out on their bills as of late... so we require a deposit of no less then three or so gil before we cook anything. So...." She said with pen and paper at the ready, "...you buyin', or would you prefer to burrow directly into the store room?"

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:24 pm

Rodney couldn't believe that any inn could be in such a desperate situation. It sounded relatively as bad as his.

Of course, his stomach didn't care. "At this point, what food there is wouldn't matter. Eggs it is, then." He then reached into a pouch on his belt, pulling out a few coins and then counting them to make sure they were the right amount.

Putting the coins down the table, and then moving his hand away to signify that it was okay for Mavis to pick them up (keeping in mind that Rodney didn't personally know her), Rodney then said, "The nerve of people these days.... walking out right when they're served their food.... I'm too desperate to care."

The last comment, of course, was about the food.

Nakibe

Yes, Can we get that To Go?

Unread postby Nakibe » Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:28 pm

All in all, the morning seemed calm enough. Another fine morning, really. The sun was bright and shining, the townspeople all got ready to start the day in earnest.... and then a loud yell begain from down the street in one of the more stylish homes.

"WHERE'S MIKO?!? MIKO, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!?!"

pd Rydia

obviously, Miko didn't use 1800CALLATT, & now hides in s

Unread postby pd Rydia » Thu Aug 22, 2002 10:16 pm

Her interest not particularly caught by anyone else in the inn, Aerin perked up immediately upon hearing the yells. Before anyone else could have a chance to react to them, she slipped out of the table she was sitting at (she never had gotten waited on...but she wasn't so sure that was a bad thing), and edged out onto the street. With hopes of finding out something --anything-- even remotely interesting, Aerin headed in the direction she'd heard the yelling.

Divinegon2130

Re: obviously, Miko didn't use 1800CALLATT, & now hides

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Aug 24, 2002 7:28 pm

Upon hearing the yelling, Rodney was not happy. Of course, he wanted to be waited on first before investigating anything, but any onlooker could see him holding his head.

IM: Dammit, why does everything have to happen JUST as I'm about to eat? Can there be a worse time?

Rodney didn't move from his seat, however.

SuperRube

Hides where now?

Unread postby SuperRube » Sun Aug 25, 2002 2:23 pm

While Mavis heard the screams and was some what interested in what was going on... she had a job to do. These people wanted their food, and the last thing she was gonna do was charge out the front door on some fool hardy rescue mission.

It'd be much better jump out the window in the kitchen or something. Customers wouldn't see her leave then.

Sure, it was risky. The inn keeper would most likely blow a gasket when he got back and have her arrested, but then again... if this Miko was in serious trouble, and Mavis managed to save her/him, (the name was a bit androgynous,) then the townsfolk would see her as a hero... and the last thing these bumpkins would ever think of doing was to lock up the local hero(ine). They'd prolly think that Mr. Innkeep was a liar, or crazy. Oh, how she'd love to see that slave driver locked up. Mavis loved irony.

...of course, there was the slim chance that this Miko wasn't in any serious sort of danger. But still... Mavis was seriously starting to think that being locked up in a cramped prison cell was better then a life time of waiting on ungrateful slobs, (even if the pay was good regardless of what her employer gave her.)

As Mavis was leaving, she decided to stop by the store room and change into her normal attire. That corset was starting to cut into her side, (among other things,) something fierce.

Divinegon2130

*moves the RP upward*

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Aug 29, 2002 7:14 pm

Once Mavis left, Rodney rested his head, which was racing a little too much, on the table for a few moments. He had too many things going through it... further effects of his curse, the thought of being taken after his stealing, his hunger...

But after a few moments, things had calmed down. This was at least a weekly occurrence for Rodney, and he knew that the only way he was able to calm it down was to just rest his head.

After a few minutes, he realized that his food hadn't come. This was something he wasn't used to - of course, that's because he usually had to steal his food, and he'd have it right away. He grumbled, and then remember the screaming from outside.

He decided to get up, walk to the entrance, and peek his head out the front door, to see if he could notice what was going on.

(OOC Edit: Come on Nak, we need you to post here!)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/udivinegon2130.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Divinegon2130</A]&nbsp; Image at: 9/4/02 1:38:37 am

Return to Gaera Main RPs