Espylocopa!!! The Dark Summon!!!!

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Furthering the Plot.

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:17 am

Jaggie was trying his best to hurry back to his group and inform Master Trellayne that his premonitions were true, and there are infact people on this island.

IM: About eight people from what i saw. Hope Master Trellayne has a possible plan on how to handle these strangers.

He had a good start on the group, but he didn't want to draw more attention to himself as well as he possibly could.

Nick Shogun

*cough*

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:07 pm

Magdin scratched his head. He was now angry and tired.

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Re: *cough*

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:47 pm

(OOC: Don't worry... we'll soon be getting to some action. Just gotta get us to the place where it will take place.)

Ash and crew were slowly but surely gaining on Trellayne's group. Jaggie was in between both groups, attempting to warn Trellayne of oncoming trouble.

In his rush to warn Trellayne, Jaggie tripped on a loose brick in the floor and fell over. He looked down over at it. He was pissed about the whole thing. He didn't know why Trellayne would ever want to use a big summon to subjegate the whole world.

He kicked the brick out of frustration, since there weren't any traps... he figured he was ok. He then slowly heard a ticking sound.

Jaggie may have just done something pretty braindead, but he knew an Elven Trap when he saw one. It was pretty old-fashioned type of trap, but he should've never put anything past those who built this.

"But... we never encountered any traps... how could..." he said as it suddenly clicked. He remembered that Master Trellayne had cancelled out that Whelan person's attacks... could it be that he used that same magic to cancel out or freeze all the traps the group encountered?

Whatever it was, be it Trellayne's magics or just pure luck by his group, Jaggie knew he had set off something as the clicking sound got louder.

Jaggie also knew when to run... which he did.

Back at Ash & Crew...

Yarrie's ears picked up a clicking sound. Her ears perked up and she looked around.

"An Elven Trap. Someone's set it off up ahead." she said in surprise. Ash didn't like the sound of that.

He knew never to put anything past the Elves when they made their traps. He looked back over at Yarrie, the previous little incident forgotten, "What could we expect?" he asked.

Yarrie tilted her head as she listened more. "Projectile Traps don't click this long. Least not ones of this ancient design. So it must either be a rock trap or something else. It's hard to tell... we don't know how much involvement was put into the trap creation of this place." she said.

Ash smirked. "Then it's going to be obviously something pretty major. Keep your eyes peeled everyone. We're going to find out soon I reckon." he said as he walked forward.

Edited by: Ash Fanrico at: 7/11/02 1:49:06 am

Jak Snide

I'm still here.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jul 11, 2002 12:03 pm

Kehlan was ever present, but silent as always. The long walk had made him feel slightly awkward, since, unlike the others, he really had nothing to say.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: I'm still here.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Jul 12, 2002 3:03 pm

Deinar also walked on in silence, ears straining to hear the slightest sound other than their muffled footsteps. His expression was one of strained tolerance - this temple was sapping at his spirit, and the long walk through it's uniform corridors was sapping at his tolerance.

Whelan2000us

Unread postby Whelan2000us » Sat Jul 13, 2002 12:25 pm

"Hey Ash? Would you like me to run ahead and see if the trap is functional or not?"

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Sat Jul 13, 2002 9:40 pm

Ash pondered, "Do you think that would be wise? You have heard about Elven Traps haven't you? They tend to be... unique at times." Ash said.

IM: We have to try and get passed this quickly. This is taking too long. Before we know it we'll have a giant Summon Beast on our hands.

Back at Trellayne's Group...

They came upon the entrance to a large and rather wide room. The sign on the walls read out to Trellayne in Elven, "Guardian." Trellayne chuckled. Nothing could have survived this long.

Dante didn't like the looks of this room... it just didn't seem right. He could see a large pile of bones on the side of the room. But there was no monster... or a legion of golems or whatever. "Something's not right." he said out loud to the others.

Trellayne turned around, "Dante, this temple has been around since your great great great great great grandfather was in diapers. Nothing before us could get in here. So whatever monster they put in here is obviously dead by now. So now worries." he hollered as they walked through the large room.

Slophyl looked down at the bones, they were rather large. So it may be true that whatever was in here is dead now. But as they got closer to the other end, she could swear she saw one or two of the bones shaking slightly.

As they were about to reach the end of the room, a low rumble could be heard. They turned around to see the pile of bones floating in the air. They began to spin around in a funnel formation. As they spun a loud growl could be heard.

"Trellayne... any ideas?" asked Dante as they backed up from the spinning bones.

For once their leader was speechless. Soon the bones began to take shape. It was the skeleton of a large Behemoth. It was quite an impressive sight to behold.

The sound of rattling bones filled the room as the creature looked at it's prey. The bones has become a bit decayed over the centuries, and the smell soon swept over the party. There was a large pendant dangling from the equally large chain leash.

Before they could think of anything, the Beast attacked...

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Sun Jul 14, 2002 7:30 am

(<witty but not particularly funny comment>Well, he was right about one thing. It's definately dead...</witty but not particularly funny comment>)

Nick Shogun

Oommpah!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:26 pm

Magdin clutched his sword. "I wouldn't mind this so much if I had just brought a toy or something to occupy my attention."

He looked at Justine and then at Kehlan. Both were silent, unmoving statues. Deinar had also been quiet. Yarrie and Ash were talking between each other, and suddenly Magdin wasn't sure if anyone was trustworthy.

He started reciting spells in his head to see if he could remember any.

Whelan2000us

Re: Oommpah!

Unread postby Whelan2000us » Mon Jul 15, 2002 9:50 pm

IM: I'm tired of this meaningless waste of time.

"DESTINY FAVORS THE BOLD!"

As Whelan took of at full tilt towards the trapped area in hopes of inspiring enough guts in the rest of the party to follow suit. However dangerous it was, Whelan didn't care anymore.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Jul 16, 2002 11:34 am

'Ladies and gentlemen, I present...one dead man.' Deinar continued at his previous pace. The path Whelan chose was his own, and noone could stop him now, even if they tried. He would say a short prayer for the fool's benefit later, if it was prudent.

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:04 pm

(OOC: HEY!! Be patient!!! I'm in summer school right now and am really tired these days. Sorry if this is taking long. God...)

Jak Snide

Getting involved.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jul 16, 2002 1:11 pm

Kehlan looked after Wehlan as he ran onwards. While he had a bad feeling about that man, he wasn't about to let him run to his own death. How did he know he was going to die? Because Deinar said so.

He quickened his pace, moving as fast as his massive from allowed him too.

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: Getting involved.

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:23 pm

'Kehlan!' Deinar seemed alarmed and concerned at his big friend's actions. 'Kehlan, don't be foolish! You'll get yourself killed!'

He rushed to catch up with the man, and grabbed his robes.

'You won't catch up with him, Kehlan. No matter how fast you go, there's no chance of you reaching him before he reaches the trap. And if you're near the trap as well when he sets it off....'

Deinar grimaced.

I don't want two dead people on my hands. Least of all if one of those dead people is you.'

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Re: Getting involved.

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Tue Jul 16, 2002 5:10 pm

Ash swore loudly as he tried to follow Whelan, but Yarrie kept him back. "Ash!! Let him go. He's chosen his fate." she said, trying to keep him from running into a possible 2nd Death.

Ash kicked the ground, "Just as impatient and foolish like his father is at times." he said through gritted teeth.

He looked at the others, and gestured in Whelan's direction, "Well?" he asked.

Nick Shogun

Woop!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Tue Jul 16, 2002 7:45 pm

Magdin grinned. "This lad... he has the right idea, he has!"

The old man slapped his cold blade across the rock wall of the tunnel they stood in, startling a spark. His grin did not waver as he turned to Ash, who had fallen behind him as the old man hasted.

"At this point, we can't be babies, now can we? At least he'll find one of two traps for us!"

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

GMing Action

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Tue Jul 16, 2002 8:29 pm

Jaggie was running away from the possible traps. He didn't know what kind of trap they planned to use... but it was obviously put there for the sole purpose of making sure nobody got through.

Back a ways to Whelan...

As the young warrior Whelan rushed forward, a cracking sound could be heard in the walls around him.

Back with the party...

Ash turned the remaining people, "Might as well." he said as he shrugged and joined Magdin as they followed Whelan. Yarrie soon followed Ash.

IM: Onward to another adventure

Jak Snide

Maybe some action soon?

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jul 18, 2002 4:32 pm

Kehlan simply accepted the wisdom of his friend, not bothering to question it in any way, and fell back into pace with the others.

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

The Trap revealed and A Skirmish Begins.

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Sun Jul 21, 2002 4:57 pm

Soon the cracking sound increased and the walls showed it too.

A low growl soon started as green light poured through the cracks all around the young warrior.

A roar echoed and large stone Gargoyle-like Creatures burst through the walls. From what Whelan could count, there was about four of them. Their eyes lit up green and they turned towards the warrior with evil interest. They seem to be sizing him up and looking him over for a brief moment.

Those of the group who followed after Whelan, had heard the walls crack open as they neared the scene.

Ash had no idea what to expect, but he knew it wasn't going to be lovely.

Jak Snide

Fight!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Jul 21, 2002 5:17 pm

(Alright, by Ash's request, I'll be dealing with the combat. The gargoyles are about the size of Great Danes, and walk on all fours. The order of initiative is:

-Whelan
<s>-Gargoyle B</s>
-Gargoyle C
-Justine
-Magdin
-Yarrie
-Ash
-Gargoyle D
-Kehlan
-Gargoyle A
-Deinar

Whelan's turn.)

Edited by: Jak Snide&nbsp; Image at: 7/23/02 12:06:49 pm

Whelan2000us

Re: Fight!

Unread postby Whelan2000us » Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:45 am

IM: For a second there I thought the cave was gonna emplode on me. Okay now. Let's see if these kind of gargoyles are immune to fire.

Whelan stopped in his tracks, wrenched backwards, and did a 360 degree swing towards the gargoyles.

IM: Last time I used this is was when Ash fought Dante.

"Cyclone Inferno."

Whelan unleashed an attack of three fiery tornados spinning around each other at the approaching gargoyles.

(OOC: Just ask Ash. I actually did use this move when he first introduced his Dante Character. Of course it was used after Dante had slammed Whelan into a brick wall, but it only cracked a few ribs.)

Jak Snide

*commence battle music*

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jul 23, 2002 8:16 am

The fiery attack slammed into one of the approaching gargoyles, blasting it apart with a satisfying effect. However, the single creature seemed to have taken all the punch out of the move, the cyclones dissipating on collision.

(Gargoyle B down.)

One of the remaining gargoyles bounded towards Whenlan, slashing with razor sharp claws. The man weaved his blade, knocking blow after blow aside, but being put on the defensive, the single creature forcing him to back up.

The rest of the group arrived just in time to see this. Kehlan, silent as always, cracked his knuckles. He had no qualms about destroying an unliving foe. But the slow priest would not be the first to act.

(Justine's turn. Quickdraw!)

Choark

*Grins*

Unread postby Choark » Tue Jul 23, 2002 10:05 am

Justine wasn't the first to arrive on the scene but he ws delightened when he did. Monsters, Demons, undead, stone made into life, this is what Justine had been looking for.

Jumping to the side, so the group didn't get into his line of site, he had drawn and gotten his guns ready before he even landed.

Smiling to himself he aimed and fire off two shots, each one from his two guns. One was charged with the element of water, the other was charged with ice.

"Yipee Key Ay!" He let of a quick, nonsenual sentance, which was more to do with posing then anything else.

The aim was not at the one Whelan was fighting, as he was obviously having so much fun, but at another gargoyle nearby.

( OOC : for arguments sake i'll aim at.. erm... Gargoyle

Jak Snide

¬.¬ Just wait till the Indians scalp you.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Jul 23, 2002 10:49 am

Both shots sped towards the gargoyle, Justine's aim true. The jet of water, while unable to to actually damage the creature, threw it off balance. Just in time for the ice shot to strike home, a small spear of lodging itself into its body, a series of crack appearing around the point of entry. However, it'd take more than this to stop the stone beast.

(Magdin's turn.)

Nick Shogun

Indians Shimindians.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Tue Jul 23, 2002 6:53 pm

"Bwahaha!!" Magdin laughed at he drew his sword. Whelan had shown his fighting prowess with his display of crude magic, and for now, Magdin believed as though they should have no problem beating these beasts.

Two Gargoyles remained: The one hit by Justine and a second, in perfect health.

IM:If I take out the weak one, then we'll be hit with 50% less damage. Heh, and they said learning to divide was a waste of my time!

Magdin's sword was already drawn, so he immediately jumped on the attack, running in broad steps at the ice-ridden gargoyle. It looked up in surprise, though minimal, and swung a mighty fist in Magdin's direction. The gargoyle had a substantually larger reach then Magdin, but the distance was still too wide, which gave Magdin an opening as the creature retracted its fist.

Swinging his broadsword above his head, he brought it down on the gargoyle's left shoulder, screaming a happy warcry in the traditional theme of battle.

Jak Snide

There are 3 left, by the by. ^_^

Unread postby Jak Snide » Wed Jul 24, 2002 12:13 pm

The broadsword smashed into the shoulder with a deafening clank, the region cracking under the blow. Alas, his efforts had not been enough, and the gargoyle still remained, arm and all.

(Just short of a finishing blow. Unlucky. Yarrie's turn, then Ash's.)

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Re: There are 3 left, by the by. ^_^

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:35 pm

Yarrie withdrew a thin, entricately crafted blade from it's sheath.

She had gotten this blade as a token of respect from the people of her temple. She had had as rich of reputation among the elves as Ash did among the humans of their time.

She watched Magdin hit one of the gargoyles with his blade, but doing little to no visible damage.

She then realized that she wouldn't be able to do much of anything with her weapon. She knew stone didn't cut that well.

As much as she didn't like to do it. She decided to fall back for a moment till she could find an opening to take advantage of...

Nick Shogun

Three, you say?! How retarded I am!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:53 pm

"No damage? Shoot. I really suck if I don't use magic."

Jak Snide

Eh, he's getting old. What did you expect? XD

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Jul 25, 2002 9:56 pm

Yarrie moved back to the rear of the group, leaving Ash more room to make his move...

(Ash's turn.)

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Re: Eh, he's getting old. What did you expect? XD

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Sat Jul 27, 2002 11:38 pm

Ash pulled out his Goreslasher Blade, and charged the group of Stone Creatures, giving off his best Battle Cry, and went head in, mainly hoping to draw the attention of the monsters from the others in his group to him.

IM: If this works it should...

His move succeeded, he dashed past the advancing monsters, ducking the swipes and slashes. The battle was now a classic Pincer Attack.

IM: There... now we've flanked them.

Then Ash made his move, and brought his Goreslasher Sword down onto the same Stone Beast Magdin had attacked seconds ago.

Nick Shogun

God-mod, Ash? Oooh! I'm so strong!! j/k

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Sun Jul 28, 2002 3:32 am

Magdin gazed in shock.

"I... I coulda done that," the old man begrudgedly muttered.

Jak Snide

The PCs just can't seem to roll high. O_o

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Jul 28, 2002 1:38 pm

Ash brought his blade down hard and fast, adding another crack to the creature. It wobbled as it weakly slashed back at the warrior, who easily stepped away from the pathetic attack.

(Gargoyle D is now badly hurt.)

Kehlan, steadying himself, moved forward, clasping his hands together to form one large ball and. Raising them above his head, he brought them down on the nearest gargoyle. However, even his amazing strength could do little, merely staggering the beast slightly, who replied by raking its claws across the priests chest, leaving a trio of bleeding red lines which leaked through the gashes in his robes. He remained steady, having the bulk and mass that allowed him to shake off such wounds.

(Deinar's turn.)

Nick Shogun

Good God!

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Thu Aug 01, 2002 12:04 am

Magdin reeled back in shock at the gargoyle's endurance. "In the name of Gaera! Only Deinar can save us now! And this is based souley on my intuition!"

[OOC: Someone get him on aim and make him post!!]

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Back with the Bad Guys.

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:03 pm

The group skattered as the large skeleton monster lunged past them. Trellayne backed away up against the far end of the room.

Dante was grinning madly, he had looked forward to at least SOME action. He withdrew his mighty blade and awaited for his opening.

Slophyl flipped out her chain-whip and stood parallel to Dante on the other side of the monster. She had not been expecting this.

Diego was still with the Elven Girl, who was on his shoulders, still out like a light.

Scrow was hobbling around, trying to get away from the beast. He was chanting something, most likely an illusion spell.

Slopyhl ducked under the beast as it snapped at her, "Any ideas?" she asked as she rolled out from under the creature.

Dante was quiet, patiently watching, and waiting. The Obanaga Blade began to lightly glow as well.

Diego stood over by Trellayne, his duty was to protect the Key. Trellayne was scowling at the beast from his standpoint. "Obviously something magical is afoot." he said to the barbarian. Diego nodded silently.

Scrow began to produce an image, another illusion, it was that of a large Serpent, with razor sharp fangs. The serpent hissed at the Behemoth Skeleton, which caught it's attention.

The creature roared in Scrow's direction and advanced towards him apparently intent on something. "Why isn't it working? WHY DOESN'T HE NOTICE THE SERPENT?" screamed Scrow. The behemoth stomped past the illusion image. Scrow howled in fright, holding his arms up in vain. The Behemoth roared once more and lunged directly at Scrow.

A sickening snap could be heard as Scrow was still screaming. The beast shook it's head back and forth violently as it held onto it's prey with it's jaws. Soon Scrow's screaming stopped. The old illusionist had been killed.

This was Dante's opening he had waited for. He leaped forward and sliced the creature's backbone in two. The bones all skattered and fell to the ground.

"That's all?" asked Slopyhl as she walked over towards the remains of Scrow. As she was right in between the beast and what was left of Scrow, the bones began to stir once more. Slopyhl dove back as the bones began to reform back into the monster.

But then suddenly Dante strode up next to the orb on the chain-collar on the creature's neck bone.

IM: This is obviously the cause of all of this.

He brought his blade down onto the orb, breaking it in half.

There was a ghoulish scream of pain and misery as the room lit up in a blinding white light. Dante shielded his eyes, as so did Slophyl. Trellayne turned his head away from the light as well.

The bones rose up and in the light, turned to dust. The magic that had held them and preserved them for centuries was now broken. The light gradually disappeared.

Slophyl got up, "Glad that's over." she said as she brushed the dust off her clothing. Dante was still standing where he had been when he broke the orb. Only thing left of the whole encounter was the Chain-collar... and the remains of Scrow.

Trellayne sighed and continued towards the door they had been heading to before this happened. Slopyhl looked back at Dante, "Nice shot back there." she said, Dante's only reply was "Hmph." as he looked back at the bits and pieces of the Illusionist.

IM: Well the old bastard would have died sooner or later. It just saves me the time from doing it myself.

The group headed towards their destination once again. The obstacle was gone now, and their quest was continued...

Nick Shogun

Geez... Deinar is dead, isn't he?

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Mon Aug 05, 2002 6:58 pm

The gargoyles seemed tense, as if waiting for something to happen, and Magdin could do nothing but grit his teeth. His arm was bruised from his last swing, he'd thrown it the wrong way and now it was cramping.

His sword was obviously the problem. Based on magical enchantments he'd learned from a very strong, handsome and talented man going by the name "The Shogun of Death," Magdin decided to power up his weapon for his next strike.

"ICE EDGE!!"

He swept his hand over the the sword, and wisps of cold air began to seep from it. He had enchanted his blade with ice magic. When he was ready to attack, the gargoyles would certainly get a hell of a surprise.

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Re: Geez... Deinar is dead, isn't he?

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Fri Aug 09, 2002 4:08 am

(OOC: My apologies to those participating in this rp. Hopefully once those who are needed for their turns will get back soon and we can continue and finish this.)

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Delayed GM Action!!

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Thu Aug 15, 2002 11:11 pm

(I'll just have to take over for Blaze and try to rp his character completely without knowing what to expect, i just know that he has two sabres, so I'll go from there. If Blaze would like me to change something, he can contact me later.)

Deinar, who had been silent for quite a long while finally withdrew one of his double sabres, it was quite obvious that he would go for the weakest and most injured Gargoyle in the group of enemies.

He rushed forward and his target took one more final look into the sky as the rouge brought his sabre down upon it... extinguishing the magic that had created the creature.

The Gargoyle stood motionless as it began to crumble into dust.

(Another Gargoyle falls)

"That's some good teamwork, but there's still two left." said Ash as he stood on the opposite side of his team, still trying to keep the pincer on.

Nick Shogun

Indeed.

Unread postby Nick Shogun » Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:10 am

"Aye, lad, that may be so now. But what're we ta do 'bout the rest?!"

Choark

Re: Indeed.

Unread postby Choark » Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:20 am

Justine smirked at his comrades in arms. "Ain't it obvious partner? We haul there asses back ta where they came from!"

Justine pulled out some rope he kept storde on his belt and started swinging it around, backing off a little, and watching closely the movements.

"Round up time!"

( I don't know i its Justine's "go" yet, so this is just to let ya know what to expect )

Ash Fanrico
The Key Master

Re: Indeed.

Unread postby Ash Fanrico » Fri Aug 16, 2002 3:56 pm

The remaining gargoyles seemed to not care for the loss of their companions. They just simply snarled and stayed in attack formation.

(Whelan's Turn)

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs