A War of Two Evils! (Philsys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Archmage144

Re: AHH!

Unread postby Archmage144 » Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:09 pm

Aya, launching her firey attack at the unicorn, managed to miss by a mere centimeter. The attack barely singed the hair on the unicorn's back...

And as she did, the other implike creature maneuvered itself behind the group, aiming a breath weapon of its own at Solis and Squintz. A burst of dust and grit engulfed Solis, Squintz, and the black unicorn, tearing their skin and irritating their eyes.

(Solis takes 15 and is 40/65 , Squintz takes 16 and is 32/70, and Blackie takes 9. Solis and Squintz will suffer -2/-2 for 2 and 1 rounds respectively.)

(Solis is up. Hexboard updated.)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/uarchmage144.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Archmage144</A]&nbsp; Image at: 6/28/02 5:10:43 pm

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:20 pm

Azul chittered rapidly at Solis, clinging to his shoulders frantically. 'The dragon lady is hurt! Blood smells bad...I'm scared, do something!' the lapdragon rambled, trying (futilely) to bury himself in Solis's hair.

Nakibe
Lady Malix wills your demise!

Unread postby Nakibe » Fri Jun 28, 2002 5:46 pm

"BAD HORSIES!!!" screamed Solis at the unicorns. "MEAN HORSIES DON'T GET BISCUITS!!!" Pulling all of his magical energies to him like he'd been taught, Solis reached for his tarot cards and pulled out one with a wisened old man dressed in blue with stars on his robes on it. Concentrating his thoughts, the card glowed a soft white as he intoned a spell....

"Father of all magic, grant me your wisdom, your skill... to face my enemies!!! MAGICIAN CARD!!!"

(Magician on himself.)

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Fri Jun 28, 2002 6:43 pm

The tarot card in Solis' hand glowed and shined, a bright white illuminating the item. Suddenly, Solis found himself more acutely aware of the flow of mana around him...

(Solis is 77/85 MP and is +4 to cast spells.)

(Squintz's turn.)

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Fri Jun 28, 2002 7:33 pm

Squintz was surrounded, something he hated. But sometimes, anger is good. He looked at the black unicorn, with its blood red horn. It was evil, he could tell. He had to protect Solis. It was his duty. Solis was young...he still hadn't tasted much of what life had to offer. However, the best way to protect the child was to defeat the foes. Squintz rose his hands once again, glaring at the evil adversary. He would not allow himself to lose...

"Anee Hesheet! Mishfat!"

Squintz yelled in Elvish, firing off the glowing sword.

(Justice, black unicorn.

Translated: I shall destroy you! Justice!)

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:10 pm

Once again, the light of justice shone true, tearing through the black unicorn's defenses. Though the majority of the attack was this time absorbed and dissipated by the will of the creature, some of the holy power still struck the beast.

(Squintz is 51/85 MP, and Blackie is less 21 HP.)

Overwhelmed by his enemies, the monstrosity glared at Squintz, the sunlight reflecting off the creature's bloodied horn and being soaked in by its dusky coat. The nearby grey unicorn attempted to crush the holy warrior with a hoof strike, but narrowly missed the agile elf.

(Blackie flees the area, and Grey B misses Squintz.)

Meanwhile, both the nearby Mephit AND the grey unicorn mobbing Aya made attempts at attacking her. While she nimbly abused the phenomenon known as blind luck to dodge the Mephit's claw swipe, she found herself caught unaware as the unicorn slammed its hoof down on her ankle, snapping it.

(Aya takes 9 damage, is 10/62 HP, and will be -1 AGI for a bit.)

(Aya's up! Oh yeah, hexboard update.)

Edited by: Archmage144&nbsp; Image at: 6/29/02 2:14:11 am

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Getting gangbeat over here...

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:22 pm

"This...isn't...good..." Aya winced, shifting her weight to her other foot, a hand still holding the wound from the horn in her stomach. "Hey GUYS CAN I GET A LITTLE HELP OVER HERE?!" Aya shuffled towards Solis, limping.

(Aya moves to the hex between Solis and grey unicorn A)

With a few words muttered under her breath, the hand holding the wound in her stomach began to glow brightly as ryuuzoku healing energy diffused from her palm into her wound.

(Dragon Recovery)

Archmage144

Re: Getting gangbeat over here...

Unread postby Archmage144 » Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm

The shimmering lights generated by Aya's wounds flickered as some of her body wounds sealed up, blood coagulating and tissues mending themselves.

(Aya recovers 25 HP, and is now 35/62 HP.)

The second Mephit, having expended its efforts breathing previously, flitted over towards Solis and scratched at him viciously with its claws, tearing through his coat and piercing his skin. Bloody tracks remained where the rough nails had prior been...

(Solis takes 7, and is 33/65 HP.)

(Solis' turn, hexboard updated.)

Nakibe

Solis to Da Rescue... or somethin.

Unread postby Nakibe » Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:18 am

Right about now, Solis had had his fill of crazy flying faerie things and evil horsies with horns. "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!" he cried out angrily, moving his arms in line with one of the flying tree-fairy things. "Storm, Wind, Thunder, Rain, make this thingy never bother me again!!! GRA!!!

(Gra to Forest Mephit B. Might suck to be him/her/it.)

Archmage144

Re: Solis to Da Rescue... or somethin.

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Jun 30, 2002 10:39 am

The electrical burst struck the Mephit, who, at first, very nearly seemed to shrug off the entirety of the attack--the electricity discharged through its body and ripped earthwards, grounding itself out through the implike creature. For a moment, the Mephit stood unaffected, and then, after a few seconds, the residual charges caused some of the creature's leaflike hair and vinelike wrappings to catch fire, resulting in screams of pain from the diabolical little elemental.

(Mephit takes 14. Solis is 67/85 MP.)

(Squintz, you're up!)

Squintz Altec
Administrator

Re: Solis to Da Rescue... or somethin.

Unread postby Squintz Altec » Sun Jun 30, 2002 3:16 pm

Squintz closed his eyes for a second. As a Holy Knight, he prided himself on his ability to fight with Holy magic. However, he knew that this would not be the only way to deal with enemies. He sighed, as he knew that he could not hide behind a false curtain forever. He once again raised his hands, feeling the magic flow...but this time, the glow was not white, but red. A small spark appeared in his hands, and it eventually turned into a fireball. This was the first time he had cast a non-holy magic spell in...a really long time. He aimed, and threw the ball of flame at what he thought was the biggest threat...a unicorn.

(Blaze, Grey Unicorn B.)

Nakibe

<.< >.>

Unread postby Nakibe » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:51 pm

(OOC: *bumpity* )

Archmage144

C'mon, heroes...

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:20 am

Squintz, powering up his fireball, launched it at the nearby unicorn. The flames and heat backwashed, causing him to feel a sudden warmth on his face as the white-hot projectile erupted from his palms, impacting against the unicorn. Unfortunately, the creature seemed to shrug most of the attack off, but was unable to ignore the singes and burns that now decorated its flank, causing it to whinny irratatedly...

(Grey takes 9, Squintz is 43/85 MP.)

The unicorn, enraged by being wounded at all, lowered its head, thrusting at Squintz with its horn in an attempt to impale, pierce, and otherwise shish-ka-bob the holy warrior...who nimbly dodged the attack.

Meanwhile, the Mephit that Solis had attacked with his lightning spell seemed to be healing its wounds. The fires had gone out, and some of the flesh was visibly mending. With a wicked grin on his face, the implike beast raised its hands skyward, and a mass of brambles and thorns exploded from the ground beneath him, entangling him. Scratches, cuts, and bloodied tracks covered his arms and face, and multiple tiny puncture wounds formed in his chest and stomach, causing fresh blood to billow to the surface, staining his shirt.

(Solis takes 29 and is 11/65 HP.)

Then, something rather unusual happened. One of the grey unicorns, the one that had earlier been attacking Aya, calmly trotted over towards Solis, horn glowing, and the murderous rage it had held earlier vanishing from its eyes. The creature lowered its head, gently touching the whimpering Solis with its horn...and a number of Solis's wounds closed, scratches beginning to vanish, blood coagulating, punctures sealing...

(Solis is healed 15, and is 26/65 HP.)

(Aya is up. Hexboard is updated.)

LadyDragonClawsEDW

Re: C'mon, heroes...

Unread postby LadyDragonClawsEDW » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:50 am

Aya watched the entire Solis-unicorn spectacle with awe....

"WHAT THE HELL?! HOW COME IT'S HEALING YOU WHEN IT JUST IMPALED ME?!" Annoyed, Aya appeared as if she was going to roast the unicorn right in front of her, that is before she noticed the implike mephit still lingering at Solis's flank, ready to attack again.

"Oh no you don't....SOLIS GET DOWN!" she shouted, firing off another flare arrow. Better HIT this time...

(Flare arrow, Mephit B of course)

Divinegon2130

Re: C'mon, heroes...

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:38 pm

(OOC: Meanwhile, in the city of Veran...)

Derill had a bad opinion of this supposed paradise. There HAD to be something going on beneath the 'beautiful image' that the city had, or else he would never have headed this way.

He walked away from the inn, on a search to visually 'scour' the city for ANYTHING suspicious besides the attitude of the populace. He would go everywhere in the city, and look at everything, just to find anything strange that was going on.

He tried to keep in mind where the inn was. Should he find anything of significance, he'd tell the others as soon as he could. He was fairly confident that he could go it alone for a short time in this city.

Archmage144

...a radical change of scene!

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:07 pm

Mahou, in her...somewhat angered state, was considerably imposing to the current barkeep at the local tavern. He paused, shaking visibly, and set the glass he was cleaning down. Wiping the counter with a shaking hand, he blinked. "...can I help you with something?" he stammered.

Darin, eyes closed, murmured something unintelligible before opening his eyes and giving the barkeep a mournful stare. "You have nothing to fear, human," he lamented. "All your troubles shall soon pass...and the universe will sort itself out once again."

Derill, on the other hand, searched high and low for trouble...and perhaps he was able to find it. As he turned a corner, he nearly slammed into a walking man. Recomposing himself, he stepped back, glancing up at the rather tall figure.

Standing before him was a human, recognizable as a Valthi by his shocking violet eyes and bluish hair, hair the color of the sky itself. He was clad, from head to toe, in black leather, complete with a trenchcoat and a rather sturdy belt at his waist. Atop his head, like some smal animal curled up by a fire, sat a crimson military beret. Derill also managed to catch a glimpse of a rather large double-sided scythe attached to his back.

"And who the hell are you?" he asked smugly.

Divinegon2130

Re: ...a radical change of scene!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Jul 03, 2002 12:27 pm

Derill turned to face the Valthi man. Despite not knowing that this was a Valthi man in front of him, as he had heard very little of the Valthi in the first place, he knew one thing. This was a human in a town of trouble. When Derill was somewhere, he had always seen humans causing trouble while other races just stood off to the side and let them go. There would probably be trouble coming soon enough. Derill made his decision not to instigate it.

"A visitor to this place," Derill responded. "And, judging by your voice, you don't want me here."

Archmage144

Re: ...a radical change of scene!

Unread postby Archmage144 » Wed Jul 03, 2002 12:46 pm

"You have as much of a right to be here as I do," he smirked, waving his hand casually. "It's a public city, after all. And I don't mind your being here one bit."

He reached into his jacket, pulling out a small piece of stiff paper and handing it to Derill. It appeared to be some sort of identification card, and, upon inspection, it read...

"Zeke Mazuo--Mercenary for hire."

Divinegon2130

Derill gets a culture shock....

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:02 pm

Derill was surprised that the human in front of him - rather, Zeke, as Derill deduced by the identification card - wasn't after booting him out. He needed to think of something else. After a couple of moments of thinking (during which he was also staring at the identification card), he made up his mind and decided to tell Zeke why he was here.

"Fair enough," Derill finally said, turning his face up towards Zeke and still holding the card. "I've had this one concern that brought me here, and maybe you could help.... Or maybe I should tell you who I am first?"

Archmage144

Re: Derill gets a culture shock....

Unread postby Archmage144 » Wed Jul 03, 2002 5:10 pm

"Please do," the mercenary said with a nod and a yawn, grinning smugly at the dragonkin.

Divinegon2130

...and we skip the small stuff to find...?

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Wed Jul 03, 2002 11:07 pm

"In that case," Derill began, "I shall. My name's Derill Banetail. Probably one of the few things you'd find wrong with me is that I don't do well when it comes down to small talk.

"So, let's get down to business. I, as well as two others, have been sent here because we're trying to stop a war occurring on the mainland. We're told that one of the two beings responsible is on this island somewhere. Would you perhaps know a lot about this island?"

Archmage144

Re: ...and we skip the small stuff to find...?

Unread postby Archmage144 » Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:48 am

"Irony abound," the mercenary responded smugly, flipping his hair. "I'm here to assassinate some damned mage," he muttered, lowering his voice. "Necromancer of some sort. Got the directive from...well. My client's identities must always remain secret," he grinned. "Where are these friends of yours? I have a lead, and I prefer not to repeat myself.."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:14 am

"If you ask to see my friends, then come this way."

After Derill said this, he slowly started towards the inn where Mahou and Darin had been before he left - and hopefully were still at. Derill normally moved a bit faster, but he wanted to make sure he didn't lose the mercenary by mistake.

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:24 am

"No problem, should be fun, you guys do realize you're not getting a cut of my pay, right?" he smiled thinly at Derill, following him to the inn.

Within a few minutes, the two had reached the tavern, and upon entry, Zeke's eyes widened significantly, expanding to a size that seemed almost inhuman. Without any warning, he reached for his blade, whipping the double-sided weapon from his back and glaring at Darin. "Darin Prentiss, you're coming with me. You're under arrest, by order of the Prandian government, and I'm going to be the one to take you in." A thin smile flashed across Zeke's face. "You two know you're traveling with a wanted murderer?"

Divinegon2130

Don't even DARE....

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:30 am

Derill couldn't believe his eyes. Zeke had set him up! He rubbed his eyes to make sure this was what he was really seeing.

His hand reached for his pistol, under his right wing. "Zeke, if you even lay a finger on either of my associates, I will kill you. I didn't trust you from the start - I KNEW there was something wrong with you from the moment you opened your mouth in front of me."

Archmage144

Re: Don't even DARE....

Unread postby Archmage144 » Thu Jul 04, 2002 2:28 pm

Zeke was quiet for a moment. "Sh[/i]it, you're a paranoid fellow. Do you think I knew you were traveling with Darin Prentiss? Do you really think this was intentional? The fact is, I've been looking for this guy for a while, and damnit, here he is. I'm not going to let him get away."

He gave Derill a look. "I'm not going to hurt him. Just arrest him."

Darin, on the other hand, was dead silent, giving Zeke a long, forlorn stare. "I will not go with you," he announced, finally, eyes lowered.

Divinegon2130

Re: Don't even DARE....

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Jul 04, 2002 3:09 pm

Derill remained stubborn. "You think I'm falling for that? Do you REALLY think I'd fall for that statement? I hear that far too often.

"Like I've said, there's no way that you're going to lay your hands on Darin. I'm giving you to my count of five to get going. Otherwise you may as well say goodbye to everyone you know well."

At this point, Derill put himself in a position where he wasn't blocking the door, but he was still keeping his eyes on Zeke, watching.

(OOC: Derill's counting silently, but basically he's giving Zeke one last chance to move it. And he'll actually let him go if Zeke leaves in peace.)

Nekogami

*can stop OOCing Mahou*

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Jul 05, 2002 3:56 pm

Mahou had long since waved away the bartender. She was laying her head on the table. Then the ruckus started.

This isn't any of my business. I'm no one's mother.

"Like I've said, there's no way that you're going to lay your hands on Darin. I'm giving you to my count of five to get going. Otherwise you may as well say goodbye to everyone you know well."

I'm so tired of this. I just want to finish my mission and move on.

Mahou stood up tiredly and shuffled to the door she pushed passed Darin, Zeke, and Derrill. "I'm going to finish this mission. When you've settled whatever you can come and find me."

"Elkar, how do I take you off? I'm too obvious walking around like this."

Archmage144

...yay!

Unread postby Archmage144 » Fri Jul 05, 2002 4:53 pm

Zeke glared at Darin.

Darin quietly stared back at Zeke, a forlorn look in his eyes.

...and Derill counted while Zeke ignored him.

A voice echoed in Mahou's head. "Why would you ever want to remove me?" it cooed. [i]"I'm your friend, Mahou. But, remember...how did you put me on?

Divinegon2130

Re: ...yay!

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Jul 06, 2002 4:13 pm

Once he finally counted to five, Derill looked to see that Zeke had refused to move. And, furthermore, that Zeke had acted as if he weren't there.

Derill was quite obviously angered by this defiance of what he considered a nice request. Enough was enough. It was time to remove Zeke from this by force.

Derill drew his pistol and went in. "Alright Zeke, time's up. Say goodbye."

Then he brought up the pistol as if he were waiting to fire. But he didn't fire. Heck, he didn't even have his finger on the trigger waiting to fire. He wanted Zeke to confront him directly first.

Nekogami

>.> Guess I have to do this the hard way

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Jul 06, 2002 5:08 pm

Mahou groaned. "I'm taking you off, Elkar. I'm obvious and you make behave irrationally. Not that I don't appreciate the extra power boost." She took off off the guantlet she had originally put on.

I better change my appearance anyway. That outburst was debilitating to my mission.

Archmage144

Re: >.> Guess I have to do this the hard way

Unread postby Archmage144 » Sun Jul 07, 2002 10:43 pm

The gauntlet slipped off Mahou's arm, and the armor dematerialized, vanishing into some unknown storage compartment. The drow was as she was beforehand, and everything was normal.

Darin spoke up, his voice resonating in soft, gentle, yet somehow commanding tones. "Derill, please stop. I do not wish for this to escalate to violence."

Zeke grinned at the time mage thinly.

"But I will not go with you," Darin sighed. "I cannot. You would send me off...and they would have me violate my own will and desires." He glanced over at Derill. "Please, do not fight on my accord."

Nekogami

Re: >.> Guess I have to do this the hard way

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Jul 08, 2002 12:04 pm

Mahou began to walk the streets. She pulled out her topknot to give her a less exotic look. He aqua hair fell about her shoulders as she took in the port city air. "Let's see. I need to find a potions shop. A necromancer needs supplies..." So Mahou began to search for a shop...

Divinegon2130

Good thing Darin's there to stop Derill.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:51 pm

Derill, realizing that Darin's request was probably a good idea, merely shook his pistol a little at Zeke before putting it away. He gave a hard stare at Zeke first. "Zeke, I'll let you go on this one. But I warn you, if you double-cross me again, I'm going to kill you no matter what."

Then he laid his gaze on Darin. "Let's get going before someone makes me snap like this again." And, obviously looking steamed, Derill set off and immediately went looking for where Mahou had gone.

Archmage144

Re: Good thing Darin's there to stop Derill.

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:31 am

"Now wait JUST a minute," Zeke sneered. "You aren't going anywhere. I'm not letting him out of my sight. Therefore, I don't care what you're all doing here, but I'm going to follow you until an...opportunity...presents itself."

"And don't try anything stupid, either," he smirked. "I won't fall for any silly tricks."

Divinegon2130

Re: Good thing Darin's there to stop Derill.

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:08 am

Derill, hearing what Zeke said, stopped in his tracks and turned. He was suspicious, but as long as he could keep his eyes on BOTH Darin and Zeke at once, he didn't mind.

"...Fine," Derill responded. "You can go ahead and come with us. Just remember, I'm keeping my eye on you to make sure you don't try anything funny."

Derill then waited for what Zeke thought of this.

Nekogami

<.<;;; *watches too much anime*

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:32 pm

Mahou slipped into a chemist's store and looked around. The smells hit her full force, giving her a slight headache. The herbs and presereved parts of various creatrues rested in jars or hung from the rafters. She stepped to towards the counters and flipped her hair.

"Hi, my name is Aya Wiesskruez of the Magical and Medicinal Journal. I'm writing an article on healing, shamanism, and necromancy. I was wondering if you could help me?"

Archmage144

Re: <.<;;; *watches too much anime*

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:40 pm

Zeke sniffed haughtily, largely ignoring Derill. "Yeah, yeah, whatever you say."

The chemist on the other side of the counter gave Mahou an odd look. "Aya...Wiesskruez...right." Said chemist, a tall woman with waist length blonde hair, a greenish tunic, freckles, and bluish eyes, blinked curiously at the Alahi drow. "...well...if you want an interview or something...I guess we can do that..."

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:48 pm

Mahou nodded and took out a pad and pencil. "All right! Now, this article is all about white magic, healing spells of shamans, and the counterpart of life, necromancy. Now I've got a lot of research on everything BUT necromancy. Could you help me out? Tell me. What's good for necromancy? Lizard's tail? Mandrake? What's the scoop, hon."

Archmage144

Unread postby Archmage144 » Tue Jul 09, 2002 1:01 pm

The chemist swallowed and blinked again. "Well, miss, necromancy...from what I know...involves the control of the flow of life and death. Giving life to something that is dead? Necromancy. Draining the life from something alive? Necromancy."

"...as for what's good for it, well, a lot of common catalysts include bone meal or fragments, stinging nettles, wither vines, and black carnation petals."

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs