Dark Star Prophecy

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
User avatar
Seethe
In Despair
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:34 pm

Unread postby Seethe » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:17 pm

Brinala was more than a little intrigued by End's explanation of his transformation. There was apparently more to the moogle than the nekojin had realized. She would want to find out what else he could do, or if he had any more forms he could change into, but for now she would have to give her attention to the captain.

"Greetings again," the captain said as he drew near. "Again, I thank you all for your aid back there. I regret that we couldn't get you to the port, though.

"Those sahagin used to be fairly peaceful creatures. They even traded with us before the demons came. I don't know why they've turned against us now.

"Anyway, now that we're stranded here, we're going to need to get a messenger back to our main headquarters. Hopefully they can send another ship over to pick us up since it's not safe for us to travel in such a large group as we have here.

"If you folks would escort that messenger, it would work out well for all of us. You would get a guide to our base and our guide would get a few competent guards. How about it?"

Brinala thought about the idea for a moment.

"Well, I think it sounds like a good plan," she said, then looked at End and Cardinal. "How about you two?"

User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:56 am

If you looked up just at that moment, you would see Cardinal, leaping majestically from the bow of the ship, his figure cast across the face of the sun. Most other people would be doomed from such a leap, but Cardinal was beyond such limitations. Mere feet from earth, he tucked, rolled twice, and ended in a standing position, starting a disinterested amble.

"I hate protection missions, but fine. Where is the little messenger boy?"

User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Unread postby Endadelta » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:04 pm

End nodded agreeably. "Whatever needs to be done will be done, no problem! We can do it, 'specially if any fighting needs to be done."

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:13 pm

Gnashrak simply nodded in agreement. Nursemaiding some messenger wasn't exactly the stuff legends were made of, but it beat hanging around doing nothing. And you never knew. Somebody might decide to attack the guy.

User avatar
Seethe
In Despair
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:34 pm

Unread postby Seethe » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:40 am

The captain gestured at a younger sailor standing nearby. This sailor had apparently already prepared for the journey, as he was presently wearing an outfit of chainmail and protective gear.

"It looks like we have an agreement," the captain said as he produced a letter from inside his overcoat and handed it to the sailor.

"Aye, sir," the sailor acknowledged before turning to his new escorts. "I suppose we'll be wanting to set out right away. If we're quick, we might be able to reach safety before the sun goes down."

User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Unread postby Endadelta » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:44 am

End nodded firmly. "A'course."

He turned to the others. "C'mon, guys, we gonna be standing around for a week, or what? Let's get movin' with this guy."

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:19 am

"Roit," Gnashrak said decisively, "So.. Which way're we goin'?"

User avatar
Seethe
In Despair
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:34 pm

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:55 am

"There are a series of hideouts we maintain around the island, so we will need to make for one of those," the messenger said. "I know this beach, and the closest one from here would be about an hour's walk east."

At that moment, another sailor approached carrying a leather satchel. The captain looked at that sailor and gave him a nod.

"And here are some supplies for your journey," the captain said as the satchel was offered to Brinala.

"Thank you," Brinala said with a courteous bow as she accepted the satchel.

Looking inside, Brinala found a large stock of potions.

"That should be enough potions to get you to the hideout," the captain said. "You'll be able to find more there."

With that, the captain saluted again, then walked away to deal with other matters.

"Alright, let's move," Brinala said as she slung the satchel over her back.

The messenger gave a nod, then started walking.


"So, what's your name?" Brinala asked after a minute.

"Thomas," answered the messenger. "Thomas the Blacksmith. At least, I used to be a blacksmith before this mess got started. How about you?"

"Name's Brinala Aldring," Brinala replied. "I'm a sorceress by trade. A sort of magical researcher, really, but I usually make my living by enchanting weapons and stuff."

"Then we're sort of in the same business," Thomas commented.

"I guess so," Brinala laughed.

"Say, ever think of taking on any business partners?" Thomas asked. "I could make stuff and you could enchant it."

"Hmm... Not a bad idea," Brinala replied.


The conversation between the mage and the messenger went on as the group continued along the beach. When they reached a slope that could be ascended to the top of the cliff, the two had begun discussing potential locations for their shop and possible suppliers and customers. But at the top of the cliff was the beginning of a thick forest, and here they had to get quiet.

"Lot of monsters live in there," Thomas explained. "We're sure to run across something dangerous before we get through, so we'll all have to stay on the lookout."

User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:01 pm

"Alright, Brinala," replied Cardinal, gazing at the verdant green trees.

Cardinal loved these trees. He didn't see this particular variety often, and he was drinking it in. The smell... it was the smell of the planet, and it was excellent. It almost made him laugh... this forest, and every other forest like it, was filled with terrible creatures, looking about for something to devour...

Beauty on the outside, danger and death on the inside. He could relate.

"Oh, and by the way, Thomas? Can you tell us where you've stashed the letter so we can retrieve it should you pass on? I don't really like the idea of looting your corpse, or worse, LUGGING IT around till we reach our destination..."

User avatar
Seethe
In Despair
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:34 pm

Unread postby Seethe » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:30 pm

"Ah, well, it's right in here," Thomas answered, indicating his pouch. "But I hope you weren't planning on just leaving me out to rot if I died..."

"You don't need worry about that," Brinala reassured the man. "If that happens, I'll just turn you into a zombie so you can walk the rest of the way on your own."

"That's comforting," said Thomas.

User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:50 pm

"Ah, y'see that? Every base is covered! I feel better already!" said Cardinal, looking more chipper than he had all quest.

He gave Thomas a hearty pat on the back. "Now, onwards, to ADVENTURE!" he said, slowly pushing him to the fore of the group with the pats. "You first..."

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:56 am

"Now ya talkin'," Gnashrak said, clearly enthusiastic at the prospect of monsters to fight. There was no question of him letting somebody else lead the way into the monster-infested forest. Gnashrak was already marching in, front and centre.

User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Unread postby Endadelta » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:33 am

End wasn't entirely comfortable with the concept of leaving someone to rot. He wasn't really comfortable with the concept of walking with a zombie, either... zombies tended to be pretty gross.

But the decisions had been made and the path had been set for the immediate future, so there were no real qualms in End's mind. He followed right along behind Gnashrak, ready and itching for any other battles which might arise.

User avatar
Seethe
In Despair
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:34 pm

Unread postby Seethe » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:01 am

And so, the group of adventurers entered the beautiful forest, filled as it was with all its dangers. The foliage quickly became thick. Before long, the place almost seemed more like a jungle than a forest.

Not more than five minutes in, Brinala got the feeling that she was being watched. Then, from up ahead, she began to hear a growling sound. Peering ahead through a patch of particularly thick trees, she saw what looked like a starving wolf circling to the front of the group. Then, not a moment later, it burst into a charge.

* * * Begin Battle * * *

Dark Venus Fey B's Turn

Before the wolf could get very far, something else darted out of another patch of trees. It seemed to be a fairy of some sort, with wings and hair that looked like leaves and skin that was green in color. As the creature came near, it giggled evilly and waved its hand toward Gnashrak. A burst of light shot toward the elf, but Gnashrak's magical resistance was enough to stop it.

(Dark Venus Fey B moves 6 hexes
Sun Ray: Failed)

Shaded Wolf C's Turn

The wolf Brinala had seen had begun its charge. It closed the distance between itself and the group of travellers quickly. Moving straight for Gnashrak, who was at the front, it lunged and swiped at him with its claws. The claws struck the elf's unarmored skin and left a deep scratch.

(Shaded Wolf C moved 5 hexes
Claw: 23 Damage
Gnashrak's HP: 53/76)

Thomas' Turn

Thomas reacted to the sight of the wolf dashing up by drawing his sword. Just as the creature finished clawing Gnashrak, the messenger rushed up and struck at it with a moderately strong slash. However, the wolf was quick on its feet, and so it dodged away in time to avoid the blade.

(Thomas moves 1 hex
Medium Attack: Failed)

Dark Venus Fey A's Turn

At that moment, another of the Fey creatures came out of the trees, cackling madly. It was eager to attack something, and it chose End. Thrusting its hand toward the dragon knight, it sent another beam of yellow light at him. This time, the beam struck and put a burn on End's chest.

(Dark Venus Fey moved 6 hexes
Sun Ray: 24 Damage
End's HP: 70/94)

End's Turn

(OOC: Hexboard and battle information can be found here. Even more information can be accessed from this page, and I'll be adding to that information as things progress.)

User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Unread postby Endadelta » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:37 am

What the hell? Forest-dwellers.. related to the Sidhe? The Fey? Whatever the case, this can't be good...

That first attack hurt, too... that burn mark friggin' hurt.

End decided to fight fire with fire, opening his mouth and letting loose a Kuchi Kara Bazooka on the attacker. He wasn't about to be shown up by a fairy of all things.

User avatar
Seethe
In Despair
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:34 pm

Unread postby Seethe » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:53 pm

(OOC: Is this still End's proper character sheet? It doesn't look like it's been updated in a while or that he has a high enough rank in Dark Magic to use that spell. For now, though, I'll assume he actually has a Dark Magic rank of 4.)

The energy gathered within End's mouth, then burst forth. Though the magical creature it hurtled toward was corrupted by darkness, it lived on the light of the sun, and so this dark attack proved particularly devastating. Smashing into the fairy, the energy burst ripped through its body, sending it flying away in several pieces.

(Kuchi Kara Bazooka: 38 Damage
Dark Venus Fey A's HP: -13/25
Dark Venus Fey A is dead
End's MP: 16/36)

Gnashrak's Turn

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:26 pm

Gnashrak's response to the situation was simple - Hit with axe.

Specifically, hit the wolf with the axe.

(Medium strike on the wolf that just took a chunk out of him.)

User avatar
Seethe
In Despair
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:34 pm

Unread postby Seethe » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:37 am

The axe connected solidly, smashing through the wolf's shoulderblade and several of its ribs. It was thrown to the ground, and though it was still barely conscious, it was quite incapacitated.

(Medium Attack: 69 Damage
Shaded Wolf C's HP: 1/70
Shaded Wolf C suffers -4/-4 to AT/PA for 2 rounds, is stunned for 1 round, and is bleeding profusely due to heavy damage
Shaded Wolf C suffers -6/-6 to AT/PA due to critical status)

Cardinal's Turn

User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Oh dear god, it's my turn... sorry all!

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun May 06, 2007 4:47 pm

Seeing the wolf in front of the messenger, Cardinal thought quick. "Hey! Expendable guy! ... uh... THOMAS! DUCK!"

A spike of whitehot light sprang to life in Cardinal's hand, which he flung at the snarling beast. Even if Thomas DIDN'T duck, he'd still pull it off... he hoped.

(Starshard.)
Image

User avatar
Seethe
In Despair
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:34 pm

Unread postby Seethe » Sun May 13, 2007 12:53 am

Thomas was quick to duck as soon as he heard the command, especially since the guy who had called it had refered to him as "expendable guy." The fragment stabbed deep into the wolf. As the shard then dissipated, its heat spread throughout the wolf, quickly reducing the creature to a pile of ash.

(Starshard: 72 damage
Shaded Wolf C's HP: -71/70
Shaded Wolf C is obliterated
Cardinal's MP: 81/106)

Shaded Wolf B's Turn

Meanwhile, behind the thick, obscuring trees ahead, another wolf bounded from where it hid. It didn't charge into the fray, however. Instead, it simply moved to a better point from which to ambush the travellers when they continued on their journey. Of all present, only Gnashrak was in a position to notice the creature as it passed behind a somewhat thinner section of the trees.

(Shaded Wolf B moves 5 hexes and holds action
Gnashrak notices the wolf's movement
Gnashrak gains 20 XP.)

Shaded Wolf A's Turn

A second wolf stirred as well, moving up next to the first wolf. However, it did not have far to go, already having been close to the position its ally had taken. As such, it did not pass into any of the travellers' lines of sight.

(Shaded Wolf A moves 2 hexes and holds action)

Brinala's Turn

The wolf was dealt with, so Brinala turned her attention to the nearby fairy. Looking the spirit plane again, she found another angry ghost to call into the battle. This one, being more cooperative than the last one she had summoned, rushed at the fey and enveloped it in its dark green, impenetrable light. The fey's shrill scream could be heard from within, lasting for a few seconds before dying out. The light then faded away and fairy's body fell to the ground.

(Brinala moves 2 hexes
Shade Bolt: 35 damage
Dark Venus Fey B's HP: -10
Dark Venus Fey B is dead
Brinala's MP: 98/110)

Thomas' Turn

Seeing no more enemies around, Thomas strode forward, meaning to get through the forest before its more dangerous inhabitants made their appearance. As he made it past the patch of trees ahead, though, his eyes fell on the two wolves waiting there. Quickly reacting by backing a few steps from them, he grabbed his crossbow from his belt, loaded a bolt, and took a snapshot at one of them. Unfortunately, his aim was too hasty this time and the bolt missed its target.

(Thomas moves 7 hexes
Crossbow: Miss)

End's Turn

User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Unread postby Endadelta » Mon May 14, 2007 2:44 pm

End did not see the enemies, but he saw Thomas's attempt to fire upon the spot where they were apparently hanging out. This in mind, he made an equally hasty attack and blindly charged and slashed at the patch where they presumably were.

Hopefully, he would actually make contact with his attack!

User avatar
Seethe
In Despair
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:34 pm

Unread postby Seethe » Fri May 18, 2007 1:38 am

Unfortunately, though the wolves were behind the patch of vegetation, there was some distance between themselves and the back of that patch. Thus, the end of the lance did not hit them. However, it did slice through some of that vegetation, thinning the plants out. End could now see the wolves on the other side.

Gnashrak's Turn

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Unread postby Kelne » Fri May 18, 2007 6:02 am

Gnashrak, having a rather direct approach, simply charged, jumping any vegetation that got in his way, and lashed out at the first wolf in his path.

(Another medium attack.)

User avatar
Seethe
In Despair
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:34 pm

Unread postby Seethe » Fri May 18, 2007 5:20 pm

Gnashrak managed to get through the vegetation unhindered and reached the wolf's location. His axe came down and struck a wolf's back, hewing into flesh. However, the wolf wasn't quite finished by this, though it was obviously severely injured.

(Gnashrak moves 8 hexes
Medium Attack: 68 damage
Shaded Wolf B's HP: 2/70
Shaded Wolf B suffers -6/-6 to AT/PA due to critical status)

Cardinal's Turn

User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat May 19, 2007 5:05 pm

Once the wolf moved, Cardinal was off like a shot. He dodged between rocks and trees, like a blueheaded panther, towards Gnashrak's position.

The wolf in shadow's attention was not on the mage for very long. It had been concentrating on the orky elf for quite some time. So when it saw the black and blue blur come into focus, it would have been a bit of a startling event, as it seemed to launch green light at it...

(6 hex move directly north, Supernova on wolf A.)

User avatar
Seethe
In Despair
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:34 pm

Unread postby Seethe » Mon May 21, 2007 5:24 am

The green light shot straight in upon the wolf. Once again, fur was burned away and flesh was charred. Yet another wolf's body was rendered unusable.

(Supernova: 113 Damage
Shaded Wolf A's HP: -43/70
Shaded Wolf A is dead
Cardinal's MP: 55/106)

Shaded Wolf B's Turn

Only one wolf remained alive now, and it was already severely injured. It still had enough strength to snap its jaws down on living flesh, though. Intending to do just that, it lunged at Gnashrak. Luckily, the elf's axe got in the way of those jaws, and a successful parry was made.

(Bite: Miss)

Brinala's Turn

Brinala ran forward to catch up with her advancing comrades. Once she caught up with Cardinal and End, she could also see the wolves straight through the foliage. One had already been neutralized and the other looked like it was almost finished. Not wanting to waste any energy, Brinala summoned forth a somewhat more tame ghost, one that wouldn't be as difficult to keep in check. However, the orb of spiritual energy that appeared and flew at the wolf wasn't so tame that it couldn't strip away the last of the wolf's strength. A moment after the orb flew into its body, the once vicious creature let out a weak attempt at a howl, then collapsed.

(Brinala Moves 5 Hexes
Ghost Bolt: Critical Hit
21 Damage
Shaded Wolf B's HP: -19/70
Shaded Wolf B is dead
Brinala's MP: 90/110)

Battle Over

(Party gains 325 EXP.)

With the wolf's collapse, Brinala glanced around for more apparent threats. Seeing none, she yawned and opened up the sack of potions. After handing out a few healing and mana potions as needed, the nekojin lazily strolled up to Thomas.

"That was kind of boring," she complained. "I thought you said this forest was dangerous."

Thomas shrugged.

"Must be naptime for the bigger animals," he answered.

"Maybe they'll show up in a minute," Brinala said hopefully. The company she had been keeping lately seemed to be rubbing off on her.

Thomas shrugged again, but that comment seemed to make him a little nervous.

User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Unread postby Endadelta » Wed May 23, 2007 11:12 am

"Y'know, if we were in an area with lots of tall grass, we'd probably be dealing with Drakees right about now," the Mooglish Dragon Knight griped. End was somewhat disappointed that the battle had been so anticlimactic; he had honestly been expecting a bigger battle, seeing as how the Fae had been involved.

He shook off his disappointment, though. There was more work to do, and more enemies were likely to come around at some point. "Oh well. Let's keep moving, folks."

User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue May 29, 2007 5:31 pm

"And hope to God the little lights display scared off the local fauna... It wouldn't be easily replicated..." Cardinal slightly sneered, dusting a bit of dust from his pants. Then he remembered what had happened.

"Thomas! What do you know?" He headed over, and patted him on the back. "You survived! How does it feel to breathe, my friend? Savour every bit of air in your lungs, my friend... for ANY of us could die at any moment...."

But none but you has a huge target on their back...

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Unread postby Kelne » Tue May 29, 2007 8:25 pm

Gnashrak shook his head and ambled onwards. He was in End's camp when it came to the fight. It hadn't been satisfying at all. Hopefully the demons would be a bit harder. Not that it would be difficult, the way this lot had simply come apart.

User avatar
Seethe
In Despair
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:34 pm

Unread postby Seethe » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:58 pm

Thomas looked like he was about to say something, but he was cut off by the noise of a loud horn in the distance sounding out a war song. Another horn answered the first one.

"So that's why the bigger animals weren't out," Thomas thought aloud. "We need to hide. Now."

There was another patch of thick trees nearby that would provide decent cover.

"This is no time to seek glory," he insisted, just in case his meaning hadn't sank in already. "It's a fool's death for whoever stands against what is coming."

Without waiting another moment, he bolted for the trees. Brinala followed. The man was the guide, after all. He probably knew what he was talking about.

User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Unread postby Endadelta » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:14 am

Although End typically chose valor before discretion, he did know the pain that was being downed by an encroaching foe. As such, he also followed into hiding, hoping to establish a spot sufficient enough both for concealment and partial spying on whatever was approaching.

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:30 am

Gnashrak looked like he might balk for a few moments, but at length, he grudgingly took cover. How they were meant to re-take the island if they went around hiding from every little thing was beyond him. Still, if nothing else, he could always ambush whatever was coming their way.

User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:57 pm

With a kind of lazy grace, Cardinal almost leapt to a hiding spot, sitting casually on the ground, checking the dust on his coat.

What a bothersome day it had been. First he had to escort this rent-a-meatshield to wherever the hell it was they were going (it's not that he'd forgotten, just that he wasn't bothering to actively remember), then he given too much strength in the fight, and now he had to sit and hide from something that wanted to make him into dinner! Ridiculous.

Again bored, he popped up his collar, keeping his eyes peeled. Whatever wanted them should have the good decency to either eat them or be off on their way, and quickly. Punctuality should be important to everyone, even predators...

User avatar
Seethe
In Despair
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:34 pm

Unread postby Seethe » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:54 pm

After about a minute, the sound of a chocobo's running feet approached. Was a mounted rider all that had gotten Thomas spooked?

A few seconds later, the chocobo came into sight. It was plated with armor and strapped to a harness, though nobody rode it. It seemed to be dragging something. As the creature ran past, what the bird was dragging turned out to be an arrow-filled suit of armor containing something that must have once been a human. Now all that could be seen of the person where armor didn't cover was charred flesh.

Not far behind that grisley sight, another sound approached. This time, it was the sound of fluttering wings. Those wings carried with them what appeared to be a group of humans with wings. Bat-like wings, not the feathered wings of angels.

One of these creatures, a female wearing a particularly elaborate robe made of black material laced with a golden pattern that depicted a dragon, rushed forward upon coming within sight of the bird. She thrust her staff forward and a black glow surrounded the chocobo. The chocobo's pace immediately slowed to a stop, then the creature turned grey and became completely frozen in place, petrified.

Apparently that was all the group of winged people had intended to do, as they turned to leave immediately afterward.

User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Unread postby Endadelta » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:01 am

End waited for a suitable amount of time before emerging from his hiding spot; he found what he had witnessed to be interesting, to say the veyr least.

"... huh. So... those guys... aren't much for folks... or birds... goin' in an' out of their lands, huh?"

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:25 am

"'S an 'orrible way ta die anyhow," Gnashrak said, shaking his head, "Bein' turned inta a rock like dat. I got half a mind ta get dose miserable zoggas an' flatten 'em. Teach 'em a lesson dey won't forget."

User avatar
KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Tue May 07, 2002 7:21 pm
Location: Calgary

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:52 am

"It's not necessarily dead," he said, blinking at Gnashrak, "There are several kinds of anti-petrification spells and potions that can be used. I don't HAVE any on me, but if one of us did, BAM, fleshy feathered mount.

"... yeah, no one has any golden needles, right?"
Image

User avatar
Seethe
In Despair
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:34 pm

Unread postby Seethe » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:39 am

Brinala shook her head slowly.

"I don't have any," she sighed.

The necromancer stared for a moment at the corpse of the person who had been riding the bird. She had joked with Thomas that she would turn him into a zombie if he died so that they wouldn't have to lug him along to wherever it was they were going, but she wondered if she shouldn't really do that with whoever this person was. It might have been considered a desecration, but would leaving the person to rot out here be any better?

"I'd like to go after them too, but we do have to get that message delivered," Brinala said, turning her thoughts from the grim subject. "Otherwise, Thomas' shipmates are all going to be in bad straights."

Thomas nodded silently in confirmation, though he had also been entertaining thoughts of taking revenge for the death of one of his comrades.

"Our hideout for the night's not too far from here," he said. "We'd better get there while we still can."

User avatar
Endadelta
( ◕ ω ◕ )
 
Posts: 3053
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:37 am

Unread postby Endadelta » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:13 am

"Good idea. We prolly don't wanna bring down any more trouble on our head then is necessary... at least, for now. We can go kick some ass later, I figger. Avenge this person's untimely death, an' alla that."

With that, End gave the charred remains one last respectful glance (and a somewhat shorter respectful look for the stoned Chocobo) and followed along closely to the hideout, keeping a careful eye on the skies as he did so...

User avatar
Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!
 
Posts: 3604
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:02 am
Location: New Zealand

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:15 am

"Roit," Gnashrak said, falling into line and setting out once more. Once this hideout was reached, perhaps they'd be ready to do a bit of planning for going on the offensive. Contrary to popular opinion, orcs (and elves raised by orcs) were actually capable of biding their time, gathering information and planning for an attack on an entrenched foe.

But it always went against the grain.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Yalogank