Saga 1: Riunnoc's Challenge (Closed)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Almost done.

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Feb 05, 2003 7:48 pm

Once she was on solid ground again, she turn to the nymph, and smiled gratefully.

"My thanks." She noted Red was still on the other side. And she wasn't about to trust that overgrown log to support him, and risk a repeat of what happened to her.

"Now, please bring him--" Here she pointed to Red "-- Here."

Nekogami

Re: Almost done.

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:00 pm

The nymph looked at Red and seemed to chuckle. With fluid grace she stood and strode across the water. She picked him up like a child also, but placed him on her hip. The water spirit sat him down next to Miiam and gave the horse, who looked a little minature next to her, a stroke on his back.

She turned her head to Shada, again, inquisitively.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

moving on...

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:20 pm

Shada nodded appreciatively, a pleasant smile on her face.

"My thanks again. You may return whence you came."

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:22 pm

The nymph bid them farewell, with a wiggle of her fingers then slid into the river and disappeared with the flow of the stream.

Miiam watched her disappear.... ....Undine....

Shiranai

moving on...

Unread postby Shiranai » Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:46 pm

"...Ehr...?" the journeyman warlock had slowed down after hearing Shada's message, however what brought him to a complete halt was the nymph. As it formed and took shape, he seemed at a complete loss for words. He had no idea who or what this was, however he felt as if he should.

After it had passed, he took notice of something. "Anyone else...feel their magic latency tingle? There was something quite...prodigal about that nymph." Blinking a few times, he then glanced around at everyone and smiled slightly. "Hey...at least it's refreshing to see we are willing to strip and risk our lives for one of our comrades." He smirked and gestured to Kilra.

WillBaseton
Self-Proclaimed Gaming Guru

Unread postby WillBaseton » Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:07 pm

Shina was still bewildered from the sight of the creature.

"...water nymph...it was powerful..."

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

...NEVER ASKING CORANTIR FOR HELP AGAIN

Unread postby Besyanteo » Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:07 pm

Shada offered a weak smile.

"Yeah... I wish I could take credit for that, but... No. She was obviously a powerful water spirit, who already wanted to help... I just gave her a chance to do it more directly."

With that, checked to see if she'd lost anything during her 'swim'.

Elementalist Daien

Re: Saga 1: Riunnoc's Challenge (Closed)

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:54 pm

D just stared.

"Uh... Whoa. Just... That was..."

"Well... Um... That's good, then... We should just move on."

D picked himself up. Nothing was THAT surprising. Not in Igala.

Shiranai

Wow...stagnant RP

Unread postby Shiranai » Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:31 am

He gave a nod. "Indeed. The toad is still long, I'm sure. And we shouldn't dwell too much...Our next task is to scale the cliff face.Perhaps we shoulg get to that before the sun sets." He grinned in harmless sarcasm and made his way toward the side of the cliff.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:00 pm

She did bother to answer Corantir, she just started walking, emptying water from her belngings here and there, generally trying to dry off.

Nekogami

Re: Wow...stagnant RP

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:07 pm

Miiam looked up the 20 foot cliff. Well....is anyone here a mountain goat in disguise?

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:05 pm

"Well, Miiam, I don't know how you became what you did become, in terms of Unicorn stuff... But it sure wasn't due to your sense of humour. Now, for how to get up."

D looked around, searching for any irregularity in the cliff.

Nekogami

Re: Wow...stagnant RP

Unread postby Nekogami » Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:47 pm

The cliff face was jagged and actually quite climbable if one, could climb that is.

RebelKitsune

OONDINEE?

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:01 pm

(ack x_x catch up catch up!)

As Red saw that his effort was of no use, he felt rather stupid, holding out the branch and barely reaching Shada. He pulled it back and waited, since he knew she had another, better idea. The nymph formed, and he just watched. although it seemed as though he wasn't impressed, He was. it was only the fact that he had seen similar feats back at home that made him rather indifferent to that spectacle. With Shada back to safety, he sighed a sigh of relief, then stood up to let the nymph carry him over. He got a good long look at it before it lowered him down, wondering why it gave the impression of a chuckle, and what it found amusing about him...

... well, besides his utterly hopeless appearance.

During the walk he kept to himself, but the cliff did it. "How the HELL are we gonna get over that?!?!" His tail twitched in sheer aggrevation.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:08 pm

D looked up, and cursed the fact that he had absolutely no idea of climbing. Feeling a breeze, he noted he was still barechested, and went to pick up the shirt and cloak he left on the ground wordlessly. In his mind, he grumbled a bit about Corantir's constant subtle hinting...

WillBaseton

Re: OONDINEE?

Unread postby WillBaseton » Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:18 pm

Shina stared up the cliff face, gaping in awe.

"Whoa...we're supposed to climb that? I don't think I can do that...can any of us fly?"

Jak Snide

Intuition, Agility and Dexterity, lend me strength!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:19 am

Fly? Pffft....

Her armor worn once again, and her equipment secured on her person, Kilra walked up to the cliff face. While she'd never had any formal training with rock climbing, it didn't mean she'd never tried her hand at it. Caverns provided plenty of walls to climb, and she'd occasionally had to scale up or down one on the occasional patrol back home.

After checking for the first few handholds she could use, she placed a hand in one, and began to climb.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:27 am

The drow's experience payed off. Not very strong but flexible, she was able find the most secure foot and hand holds. 10 feet up she felt a little weak but he could see a her destination. A sparrow was perched on the edge singing and looking at her.

Jak Snide

Should have asked strength for strength, too....

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Feb 08, 2003 12:45 pm

She resisted the urge to wipe the sweat from her forehead, and continued upwards. She wanted to reach the top before her grip gave out, and she did not want to fall one little bit.

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Sat Feb 08, 2003 12:58 pm

Kilra started to ascend again but her foot slipped and slid down 3 feet.

Jak Snide

Bah.

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:05 pm

Muttering a curse under her breath, she looked upwards again. She figured that climbing the entire rock face would be too much for her, and she slowly made her way down, jumping the last couple of feet.

"Pffft.." she muttered, trying to formulate another plan as to how to overcome the obstacle.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:45 pm

"Mmm. Even if someone DID get up... How would said person be able to drag up the rest of us?"

"Hmm. Maybe Shada can use another one of her golem thingies? Well, if she's able to, obviously. I know powerful magic can be tiring, though I never... Rambling. Sorry."

D looked up again. This wasn't going to be the easiest thing ever, was it?

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

pushing our luck a bit? =P

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:28 pm

"... I could make another one, yes. If it doesn't work, then that's all the energy I have for a while, but, ya know."

She was glaring just a little.

WillBaseton

Unread postby WillBaseton » Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:40 pm

"I can't help...all I can summon is a bunny..."

Shina laughed nervously, not wanting to really know what anyone thought of that.

RebelKitsune

Re: pushing our luck a bit? =P

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:20 am

RedFox chuckled, "Well, it's better than anything I can summon, that is, nothing." He thought for a while, totally baffled by the task ahead.

"Can anyone teleport?" He asked, already knowing what response that will get.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:33 am

"You know, Red. This could have been much easier if you gave more attention to telekinesis stuff instead of that silly mindtalk thingy. "

D thought a bit more, then turned to Shada.

"Guess that's the best thing tp do, then. In any case, I think we can rest afterwards."

He turned to Miiam

"Can't we, Miiam?" he said, glaring slightly.

Nekogami

I love our Miiam

Unread postby Nekogami » Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:08 pm

Miiam gave D and that others a baffled look. Well of course can...Just let me check to see how hospital the other side is... The horse ambled oast them and looked at the river then the cliff. The large rock Shada had been trapped on tipped over and splashed to the river. For a moment nothing happened but then rolled onto the shore. Miiam stepped back and gave the 15 foot long rock the space to prop itself against the cliff wall.

Miiam looked back specifically at D, "Before you yell, this is a quest and you can't expect me to do everything but I'd like to help where I can. He jumped onto the rock and traversed it carefully to the cliff top. He was gone for a few seconds then appeared again. It's safe. And we're in luck there's an old hunters cabin with a stove.

Besyanteo
Would-be GitP Bard

Unread postby Besyanteo » Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:35 pm

She shrugged. Why should it make sense? Not much else had on this trip. Trusting Miiam wasn't secretly plotting their doom, she began to ascend the fallen rock, towards the aforementioned cabin.

Jak Snide

Meh

Unread postby Jak Snide » Sun Feb 09, 2003 1:08 pm

Kilra's expression showed that she was disappointed. She'd had a plan to get up that cliff face by herself. She'd just needed a moment to regain her strength.

All the same, one way was as good as another, or so she told herself as she followed Shada upwards.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:25 pm

D looked up.

"Hmm. Good, good. Guess you're not just here as a replacement cockerel." D said, before following Kilra and Shada..

RebelKitsune

hn.

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:30 pm

"even IF I studied for telekenises or psychokenises, I wouldn't have enough energy to raise any of you up that length." RedFox explained to D. After he watched and listened to the others talk, and saw that matters had been made simpler, he pulled off his sandals and strapped them around his belt and started climbing up the rock, while being careful to keep his balance with his tail. He nodded to Miiam as thanks for he help, smiling.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=rebelkitsune>RebelKitsune</A]&nbsp; Image at: 2/9/03 7:03:37 pm

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:29 am

Miiam lead them to a fair sized cabin. Moss had grown over the path and vines up the walls. The hunters that may have once frequented here did not do so any time recently. Inside there are beds on the first floor and room for three more on the loft. Someone may have to sleep with another. I think we can spend the rest of the day here then tomorrow at sun's light we can head to Ordana.

Elementalist Daien

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:22 pm

"Hmm. Okay.. Now that's more like it." D muttered, then turned to Miiam

"Hey, tell me something... How come weren't we sent to Ordana straight away? I'd suppose he'd have the ability to send us there if he could send us to that village?"

Nekogami

Unread postby Nekogami » Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:20 pm

Miiam nodded at this. We had to make sure that you were capable of enduring hardship. That you 6 were capable of working together. There are experiences that you must first face before you can move ahead. So far you are passing and when you must face the first death you will surely conquer him easily.

WillBaseton

Unread postby WillBaseton » Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:33 pm

Shina nodded to Miiam.

"I'm confident that we can accomplish something...we've gotta keep at it, though."

Jak Snide

*grins*

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:49 pm

Kilra smirked. Miiam's explanation pleased her, seeming good and proper to the mind of an adventurer.

"D, I'm going to take a look around the inside. You want to come with?"

Elementalist Daien

Re: *grins*

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Feb 10, 2003 4:59 pm

"Uh... Um... Oh, sure. After you, Ladies first." D said, putting his hands in his pants' pockets, pushing his cloak off it.

"You know, knowing our luck... Nothing, nothing" D muttered, and followed Kilra.

Edited by: Elementalist Daien at: 2/10/03 4:03:22 pm

Jak Snide

Rule 0, Dan...

Unread postby Jak Snide » Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:13 pm

"What, you expect there to be some monster lurking inside or something?" she asked quizzically as she opened the door.

Elementalist Daien

Yes, yes, I know.

Unread postby Elementalist Daien » Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:21 pm

D shrugged with one arm only, keeping the other in his pocket.

"Wouldn't be surprised" he muttered, and followed.

RebelKitsune

Re: *grins*

Unread postby RebelKitsune » Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:22 pm

RedFox didn't say anything on what he thought, but he was noticeably staying closer to the rear...

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs