Blood Vengeance (full PhilSys RP)

For all RPs taking place in the world Gaera Main.
Dark Xia

HISS!

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:58 pm

Elijah glared into the Marrish's eyes, yet some of his anger had died down, and gave a little smile, almsot seeming to enjoy this. "And so we continue this fight for survival, my enemy... can't you feel the despair though? I'm winning. I will survive, not you. Yet your every resistance simply sweetens my victory."

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

*returns for now*

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:58 am

Jeff sank to one knee, shivering uncontrollably. That was just cheating. Where was the fun in poison? Nothing about this fight had been going well for him, come to think of it. Even the direct hit by the itching powder was nothing more than a minor inconvenience...

Geocsuppi

Re: *returns for now*

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:25 am

Walter knew Layne could take care of himself, his weave was slowly coming back to its original strength and he had a barrier around him that slowed down physical attacks. He turned his attention back on the Marrashs. He found the Marrash A in the astral plane. Carefully Walter started to unweave it.

(Casts Slice on Marrash A)

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=geocsuppi>Geocsuppi</A] at: 3/8/03 12:09:40 am

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:18 pm

<span style="color:navy;font-family:comic sans ms;">Not needing to think terribly hard, Layne pointed his staff at the far more injured marrash, and struck him with his most powerful spell.

(Fire 2. Again. Who needs to be inventive when you can be effective?)</span>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:28 pm

(OOC: Geoc, using terms like HP in character is not a good idea. You should probably use words like 'physical stamina' or 'state of health' instead.)

Unfortunately, neither Layne's fire spell nor Walter's attempt at unweaving the marrash's aura worked, as the beasts set their minds against the magics, combatting their properties and coming out victorious.

(Layne is at 37/75 MP and Walter is at 32/80 MP. As for what you told me specifically, Geoc, I assumed that your character's magic was "activated" by the spilling of blood, which is why I hadn't done anything regarding it. Understand that I'm going to have a tough time thinking of how to handle it.)

Damon, however, was utterly surprised. How, in their moment of weakness, could the marrashi successfully compete with magic? No time for that... Damon dismissed his thought, as he lunged at the already-weakened marrash, but his thrust was off target, going just under the demon's arm.

(As Kelne has temporarily returned, I'll give him the pleasure of conducting Jeff's turn. Jeff may perform magical actions, but is too weak to perform a physical attack right now.

Also, Kelne, sometime we need to discuss one of the techs on your sheet.)

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:31 pm

(OOC: Yeah, I know. I was looking at the sheet a short while ago and suddenly realised there was a large gap. Haven't had the time to fix it yet, but I'll let you know when I do.)

Jeff tried to fumble out a knife to throw, but barely had the strength to grasp it. Despite its abject failure so far, magic was about all he could handle at the moment.

Well, if he was going out, it might as well be in style...

Raising both hands with difficulty, the prankster gathered fire about his fingertips. The fire exploded forth, shooting upwards at the Marrashi and filling the sky with explosive displays of pyrotechnics.

The faintly ironic thought that this wouldn't hurt them either occurred to him as the fire died down.

(Fireworks)

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:45 am

Jeff's pyrotechnics display was probably the best decision of magic usage that he could have made.

The marrash Elijah had pinned down felt a twinge of fear... a nagging, but not overwhelming enough to fully stop him. It DID hinder him, though.

The other marrash, however, began to cower upon seeing the fireworks display. Between the itching powder and the fireworks, he was too fearful to fight at the moment.

(Jeff's roll matched Marrash A's courage roll, so that one loses his parrying roll rather than his whole action. Marrash B, on the other hand, lost his full action.

Elijah's turn.)

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:01 am

[OOC: Yeah, I understand completly. It took me a while asking different people to finally find out what blood magic was. So yeah, I have complete faith in you as a gm. And sorry for the hp thing. Not a turn, I just don't like all ooc posts.]

Walter admired the firworks. It took his mind off of the cold bleakness that seemed to surround them. He thought about Marrash being pinned down for a small bit and soon came to the conclusion that the others could deal with it, he would focus his energy on the other Marrashi.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:18 am

Seeing his opponents momenetary confusion, Elijah aimed another thrust, with the poison he had named binder ready to seep into the bird creature's veins. As he did so his thoughts turned to Arisa. He wondered what she would feel if he died on this job, or if she would feel anything at all. Did he even care what she felt?

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:51 am

And Elijah easily stung the marrash in the lower part of its shoulder. The poison seeped quickly through the creature's veins, eventually leaving him completely unable to move. At the moment the demon's movement was halted, its face showed extreme despair.

And this was just as the other poison had run its course.

(Elijah deals 17 damage, and the last surge of Raijin poison dealt 10 damage. Also, Marrash A is paralyzed and unable to move. Layne's turn.)

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:19 pm

<span style="color:navy;font-family:comic sans ms;">"OK... OK... that one's down, good... uh... what next? ... eh. Haven't tried this element yet..."

If the unparalyzed marrash looked down, he would have seen the stones... dancing. They seemed to be almost joyous in their lighthearted clattering. But if he were wise, he would hav realized their mirthful display was a harbinger of a sinister threat.

Without warning, the dance of the stones grew intense, frenzied. Suddenly, the earth split beneath the marrash's feet, exploding and surging all around him.

"If that one doesn't work, I'm going to eat my hat..." silently thought the mage...

(Quake 2, just to make life easier...)</span>

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 3/8/03 6:20:57 pm

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:44 pm

The marrash noticed the stones dancing, but didn't seem to take the cue until the last minute. Just as the earth started to surge from under him, he leaped to the side desperately.

But not quite quickly enough, as some of the earth managed to get him. He landed face-first on the soaked ground, and even in the rain, it was apparent he was trying to drag himself away from the fight. Probably any blow now could take him out.

(Layne's spell roll was matched exactly, so he deals half damage - 19 points of it. Walter's turn.)

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:37 pm

Walter thought for a split second, 'Magic isn't working too well. Next best thing.'

With that thought a second behind him he was up in the air falapping his wings to get to a greater height and bringing down the quaterstaff on the Marrash's back.

(Thwak! on the Marrash crawling away)

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:07 pm

And as Walter brought his staff down heavily upon the crawling marrash, there was a loud *thud* that accompanied it. The demon let out one last howl of pain before it stopped moving, its battle injuries taking their toll.

(Marrash B has been killed.)

Damon, seeing one of the threats had been removed, concentrated on the one ability most people didn't know he had. Helping those who were injured.

Focusing his dark energies through his palm, he carefully directed the shadow energy toward healing Jeff. His physical injury healed completely, but surprisingly, a sort of demonic influence started to grip at his mind. And his weakness was still there.

(Damon fully heals Jeff, but Jeff has been corrupted with a minor demonic influence, which lasts an hour.

Jeff's turn now. And I'm going to let you RP how the demonic presence affects Jeff's personality, Kelne. ....well, for when you're here to RP Jeff.)

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:48 pm

Jeff's mind would be regarded by many of the people who knew him as somewhat demonic anyway, but now... Now, his usual trickster nature was supplemented by a distinct bloodlust.

This time, he grasped the throwing knife easily, lips skinned back in a voiceless snarl. Fire ignited along the length of the blade as he flung it at the remaining Marash.

(Elemental knives, now that I've got that sheet fixed. And this is likely to be my last post before I head off again.)

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:20 am

As Jeff's knife sailed through the air, the fire spell cast on it suddenly seemed to stop working. The knife itself, however, kept on going - and it struck the marrash in the foot. It didn't go very far - overall probably amounting to just a scratch.

(The spell part got resisted, so Jeff ends up dealing only 1 point of damage.

Elijah's turn.)

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:47 pm

To kill, or not to kill... that is the question that went through Elijah's mind. It would be difficult to keep such a devoted slave... and he would probably gain nothing from doing so. Death appeared to be the best choice, yet inside Elijah still hesitated. No matter what kind of person this was, even if it was a mindless slave, it was still a person. Elijah suddenly stood up beside the Marrish, and swung his tail around, aiming for the marrish's neck, trying to give him a quick painless death. (Slash with tail)

Edited by: Dark Xia at: 3/11/03 4:59:33 pm

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Tue Mar 11, 2003 5:40 pm

And Elijah was able to quickly slit the marrash's throat doing this. Despite being paralyzed, the demon's muscles seemed to loosen, a sign that Elijah had gotten what he had hoped for. A quick and painless death.

(Elijah deals 57 damage, killing the remaining marrash.

Combat over. Each character gets a base 500 XP. Jeff and Walter get an additional 50 XP for RPing bonuses; Layne gets 100 bonus XP for the same reason. Elijah gets 100 bonus XP for what's a mix of critical hits and RPing bonus.)

Damon stood there uneasily, twisting his shikomi-zue back into a staff form and putting it away. The rain, of course, was still pouring, but the way to the tower was now open.

Jeff stepped forward and retrieved his knife from the marrash's foot, the demonic bloodlust still in him. As he did this, Damon said, "Now that they're dead, it's time. But I think the resident here has much more where those demons came from.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:10 pm

Elijah finally turned to the others, after a moment of silence, and staring at the dead Marrish's body. "Are those who were injured ready for such peril?"

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:19 pm

<span style="color:navy;font-family:comic sans ms;">Layne looked himself over. He didn't know how, but the arrow was gone from his chest. He was a little haggard, a little bloody, but otherwise, he was fine. He had survived.

Wow... my first unstaged battle... he thought to himself. That was intense... and scary... and I've never wanted to be an adventurer more...

Layne walked over to Walter. He smiled and said, "Thanks for looking out for me, Walter. I don't know what would have happened to me if you hadn't been watching out for me... heh... yeah, thanks."

He then reached over to hug him.

(Feel free to react in whatever way you like. And remember, he's just a kid.)</span>

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kingofdoma>KingOfDoma</A] at: 3/11/03 7:32:21 pm

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:25 pm

Smiling at Layne, he gives out a little sigh. "Sorry I couldn't help you out, rushing to protect you would leave the other creature able to attack you all though..."

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:18 pm

Walter hugged Layne as best he could. The arrow was still stuck in him. Removing his hand from Layne back he plucked the arrow out of him before his adrenaline ran out. A scream escaped his lips though. It wasn't a long or even loud scream, but it was deep, and when it was over Walter was on his knees. He slowly got up and cast Regen on himself and anyone else who was injured.

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:36 pm

Walter's spell worked quite well on him as well as on Layne. However, when he cast it on Layne, his mind began to feel somewhat weary, as the rapid spellcasting was starting to take its toll. Walter realized that any more spellcasting would begin to take a serious toll on his physical well-being.

Damon, meanwhile, had begun to gather his own energies to heal himself. He touched a hand to his sole arrow wound, and was able to heal it quite easily. He shook his head a bit after he completed this.

(I fast-forwarded Regen's effects, and it turns out everyone has full HP at this point. Walter has 4/80 MP remaining.)

Damon then walked up to the door. He then turned and said, "I take it we're ready, then. Can any of you guys help me get this door open?"

Even now, the rain that had made the journey seem more dismal kept falling. It's as if it wouldn't end.

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:12 pm

"If shall." Elijah walked over to the door, looking at the ground closely, activation of pit traps, or trap doors were not a likeable event, "Have you tried to open it yourself first?"

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:17 pm

Walter was extremly tired. He had physical strength, but magic would have to wait. If there was anything behind the door it was going to have to be delt with physically. Walter set his staff off to the side.

"I'll help."

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:27 pm

Luckily, Elijah found nothing of the sort. He knew the ground probably wasn't suited for such a trap, and the rain would've probably washed away any concealing of a trap door.

"Nah, it's just that I don't think a door this rusted is going to move on its own," Damon said in response to Elijah's question. He then brought his hand to the door's jutting handle, and gave it a hard tug.

To his surprise, the door slid open rather easily, though it creaked loudly as it did so. After fully opening the door, Damon, as well as Jeff, hurried inside.

Beyond the door, there seemed to be a wall about fifteen feet away, with passages to either side of it. The passages suggested another room. Elijah and Jeff were able to notice that the wall seemed to stop at a certain point and lead out into empty space behind it. It was as if the wall was there to hold something up.

Damon, however, was busy shaking the water out of his fur and his robe.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:40 pm

Walter grabbed his staff and walked in after the others.

"Let's go."

He started walking towards the far wall.

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: *returns for quite a while, actually*

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:55 am

Jeff, having been denied the chance to blast the door, stalked ill-temperedly after Walter. Someone in here was going to pay for that incident at the door...

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Fri Mar 14, 2003 8:01 am

Elijah would try to take a rock and close the door until it was stuck against the rock, keeping it from being closed any further, when they were all inside. He looked about,at the walls, at the floors, and the ceiling. He did not want to be caught by surprise by anything if possible.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:34 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">Layne saw the fork in the road. Man, a lot of these adventures I read about have forked roads... I wonder why that is...

"Hey guys, do you think we should split up?"</span>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Mar 14, 2003 12:48 pm

Elijah, even after leaving the door propped open, didn't notice anything strange about the walls, floor, or even the ceiling. Jeff and Layne, meanwhile, noticed an odd shape in the wall ahead, something that looked a bit like a dagger carved into the wall. Why it was there was impossible to tell - some arcane carving perhaps?

After a while, Damon said, "I think we should stay together. You see, I'm worried tha-" Before he could finish, an ear-splitting roar erupted, apparently from the next room. It sounded much like a dragon's roar, but it sounded like there were multiple sources from the same area.

"-at we're in for more trouble," Damon uneasily finished.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:34 pm

Walter halted his progress down the hallway. A dragon he could not take. 'With almost no mental capability about the best I can do is enter the astral plane. That's it!'

Walter stood up and calmed his nerves. He slowly made his way to the Astral Plane. He had done this countless times, but it was always hard when he felt drained, and he had never done it with dragon around him. Finally he opened his eyes on the Astral Plane. He started to look at the patterns, the bumps, the weaves, for creatures, and people.

(Astral Scan, the only thing I can really do at this point ^_^)

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:13 pm

Besides the auras that represented his allies, Walter observed three other unusual things.

First, the inside of the tower itself seemed to radiate a dim aura. This slightly interfered with his aura scanning, but he was able to get by. Secondly, there was a dense aura in the wall in front of him... there seemed to be something associated with the fire element in that aura.

Lastly, there was a massive aura behind the wall. Walter could tell it was not a dragon, but rather some sort of multi-headed beast. It looked somewhat scary.

Geocsuppi

Unread postby Geocsuppi » Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:30 pm

Walter almost realed back. He began to breath a lot heavier.

"The <breath> wall <breath> has an <breath aka dramatic pause> aura. I've never seen a <breath> wall with an aura."

Walters eyes were wide open, his pupils extremly dialated.

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Re: Blood Vengeance (full PhilSys RP)

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:27 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">Layne gulped hard. He doubted the wall having an aura was a good thing. Especially when it was associated with that... roar...

"S-so what do we do now?"</span>

Dark Xia

Unread postby Dark Xia » Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:23 pm

"And I've never seen an aura... But what does that mean? Is it alive? Contains energy?" Elijah frowned quietly. He still had not decided if he should consider such abilties to be "magic." For he didn't trust magic, yet to see what can't be seen by the naked eye is a useful ability...

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

I just know this won't end well...

Unread postby Kelne » Fri Mar 14, 2003 8:47 pm

"What's to think about? We go in, blast the thing, and continue on our way," Jeff said, suiting actions to words by, in an amazing lapse of common sense, striding through the left hand passage.

Divinegon2130

Re: I just know this won't end well...

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:38 pm

As Jeff was striding carelessly through the left passage, Layne suddenly came to a conclusion. It was the dagger carving in the wall that was radiating an aura. Said carving also appeared a bit loose...

Meanwhile, Jeff came upon a large room. He discovered several things. One, the wall was indeed just there as a sort of pillar. Two, there were several of these walls all around the room.

And thirdly, there was a large hydra in the center of the room. As soon as it noticed Jeff, which was almost immediately, two of its heads let out loud roars. Another head reared back as if to bite Jeff.

(Another combat. Jeff moves before the hydra, so it's his turn. The others I haven't rolled initiative for yet because the hydra is out of their sight currently.)

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:19 pm

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:navy;">"Hey... that isn't a carving..." Layne wondered aloud as he walked over to the dagger.

"Hmmmmmm... I wonder if..." He then tried to pull the carving out of the wall...</span>

Divinegon2130

Unread postby Divinegon2130 » Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:25 pm

And after a little tugging, the carving indeed came out of the wall. The dagger almost instantly started to pulse - albeit slowly - in Layne's hand, and it felt warm in his hand. Not warm enough to cause pain or burning of his hand, but still fairly warm.

Layne was able to note the etching of some sort of flame in the dagger's hilt. This he hadn't seen distinctly before, but it was rather obviously there now.

PreviousNext

Return to Gaera Main RPs