New to RPG

A haven of general sanity and simplicity--this is the place for all ye new posters, chatters, and RPers to post your introductions, questions, and general whatnot. Come in and break the ice!

Moderator: pd Rydia

Camaris

New to RPG

Unread postby Camaris » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:00 am

Hi,

I wanted to introduced myself: so basically my experience with role playing games is almost zero. I never had the opportunity before, but a couple of months ago there was advertisement of a local group looking for people. At the end, nothing came out of there and the group wasn't successful. Hobbies? SF, fantasy, Horror books+comics+films
So I guess, it will be easier for me to do it by post in a forum like this.
I hope I can jump in RP and I hope as well that I do not end up in the "Graveyard" :!:
Greetings from Madrid.

Capntastic
Aa, cracked glass!

Re: New to RPG

Unread postby Capntastic » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:43 am

Hello Camaris, welcome to RPGWW! Hopefully your stay is pleasant~

I enjoy horror, sci-fi, and fantasy stuff too!

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:10 pm

Hey Cam, welcome. RPing by board is pretty neat. It's slow-paced, but it adapts to people's schedules pretty well. I hope you're able to find an RP to join.

So you're in Madrid? It's a nice city. I got to visit for just a few days--I really enjoyed my visit to the Real Jardín Botánico.

ChristianC
Let's go for a swim!

Unread postby ChristianC » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:13 am

Welcome, fellow European! Good to see more GMTers around here!

As Dia said, board rping's slow-paced enough that you can formulate your own posts in a way that you'll be satisfied with them, but don't feel any pressure. Nobody's going to get on your arse if you just write a few lines as a reactionary post or something. We're here to have fun, not to get university points in writing.

On the topic of games, by the way. Plenty of games are 'in session', but joining up shouldn't be difficult! Get in touch with the GM of a particular game, in the OOC or through a PM, and they'll tell you if and how you get into their game.

Camaris

Unread postby Camaris » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:22 pm

Hi again,
already sent two PM to two different games :!: :!: to ask if free slots are available.
Regards,

By the way, I am not actually from Madrid, and I have never been to the Jardin Botanico (in fact the only one that I visited is the one in Berlin, several several years ago (the one in Dahlem)).

Kai
Fighting the Iron Law of Oligarchy Since 2006

Unread postby Kai » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:33 pm

Hi, Camaris. If you don't find something to get involved with right off the bat, feel free to get in touch with me sometime this week and we'll figure something out. I keep meaning to start a Gaeran RP (or heck, any number of others), and I would welcome the incentive to quit being a lazy piece of crap and actually do it!

Welcome to RPGWW, and hope to see you around!

Return to The Newcomers Forum