SongstressEnlil: *Also. Would any one terribly offended if I wrote a guide to making decent literry criticism in the Fic forum?*
TheWaiChibiAngel: I WOULD!
FDeth: I would, Pervy!
Metroid Priam: *literary
Metroid Priam: I'd totally not complain.
TheWaiChibiAngel: I'd probably be so offended, I'd vomit!
FDeth: I'd be all like, "You hurt my goddamn feelings, ass!"
Fiddle Reject: I would like, be scared :(
Metroid Priam: And then I'd be so vomited upon that I'd be offended!
SongstressEnlil: *Thank you Grammar Nazi*
SongstressEnlil: *GOOD. THAT SEALS IT*
FDeth: What does?
Metroid Priam: VOMIT SEALS EVERYTHING.
SongstressEnlil: *I MAKE NEW STICKY THREAD NOW FOR THIS e\/e*
FDeth: You have to include logs from the portion of this chat where everyone is offended!
SongstressEnlil: *I WILL*
As a lot of you claim not to know how to give a decent review on fics and such, I shall post some pointers here on the subject.
1. Read the whole thing. Unless you are doing a grammer/Spelling check, look over the whole piece before arriving at any sort of Judgement. Unless what you have read is such an incredible piece of crap you cannot forgive the writer for it.
2. State whether or not you actually like the piece. Writers need this.
3. Look for things that need improving, or don't sit well with you. Some suggestions are
-Run-ons (People love them some run-ons)
-Dialogue that seems out of character
-Awkward scene transitions
-Bad flow in wording.
-Lack of Description
-Too much exposition (Stating things rather than showing it)
-Not enough exposition
-Words/Statements not matching the feel of the scene
And so on.
4. Tell what you did like! This is important for a writer's ego. :( It can include
-Use of characters
And so on.
5. If you have any suggestions, offer them for fuck's sake. You'd be surprised what seems blantantly obvious to you, yet is not to someone else. Remember that a good writer can change many things that may seem set in stone. Feel more than free to:
-Offer Better wording for things.
-Suggest an action that would be more IC for a character
-Offer Suggestions for the next bit of plot.
-Correct Grammar and Spelling
-Offer Suggestions on dealing with apparant plot holes.
-Suggest what should added or removed.
Feel free to add to this list as you think, I know I neglected to recall numerous things. However, this thread will be editted for content, so stay IC ^^
Greetings, large black person. Let us not forget to form a team up together and go into the country to inflict the pain of our karate feets on some ass of the giant lizard person.