The Realms of Anarchy

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

The Realms of Anarchy

Unread postby Kelne » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:26 am

It is strange for me to be writing these words. For the longest of times, I was sure that I would spend the rest of my days in fear of my life. Knowing that death awaited at every turn, and that it would provide no release for me.

The hells are no place for the living.

It is perhaps best that I start from the beginning. I am Shane Malcolm Harvey, one-time apprentice to the wizard Martin Astrell.

My childhood was a happy one, and uneventful. When my gift became apparent, my parents arranged for me to be instructed by Astrell. Though the cost to them was considerable, they felt it was worth it to secure my future.

Astrell was distant. It was a fact that we of the village had always accepted, and I was more than a little in awe of him in those early days. We never grew close, but he was not a cruel master.

Astrell always felt that knowledge presented upon a platter was never truly earnt. As such, he directed my studies more towards the theory behind magic use than towards the mechanics of spellcasting. He also believed that nothing existed in isolation. I was therefore introduced to a wide range of subjects, from botany to astronomy to politics, though in truth I was more interested (as most boys would be, I think) by tales of the wide world and accounts of the deeds of heroes.

While my life was more regimented than it had been, it was in some ways better. Through my reading, I was introduced to a wider world than I had hitherto known existed. Compared to such exotic places as Valth, Nekonia, Evringshall and Doma, the borders of my own small village seemed small indeed.

I resolved that I would see these places for myself one day, and applied myself to mastering my command of magic, so that this day might come sooner.

On occasion I wondered, if Astrell knew all that I did (and surely he knew much, much more), why then he chose to live in a blocky stone tower in the back of beyond?

To this day, I have no answer to that question. What I do know is that if I had the choice, I would return to such an existence in a heartbeat. <p>Cat - Felis sapiens. Not human. Viable target.
Kryten - Mechanoid. Not human. Viable target.
Rimmer - Hologram. Not human. Viable target.
Lister - Homo sapiens. Barely human. ... What the Hell.</p>

Uncle Pervy

Re: The Realms of Anarchy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:56 pm

I am reminded of Rincewind. This is a good thing :D <p>---------------------------

ReakoSomner: regardless, I was poor, and in need of diamonds</p>

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings