The Underground

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

Firnthuleien

Re: The Underground

Unread postby Firnthuleien » Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:44 pm

Wow....Can't believe I didn't see this until just now o_o

GREAT stuff Kelne. And I must echo everyone's sentiments. You rock at fic writing and must do more :{ <p><div style="text-align:center"> Image
(9:58:37 PM) Shinigori has entered the room.
DWSage008 (9:58:39 PM): I'm disturbed. How about you?
</div></p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Re: The Underground

Unread postby Kelne » Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:49 pm

Aekold was, to put it mildly, pissed. Firstly, he'd been killed. Always guarranteed to put a crimp in one's day.

But, by the time he'd regenerated in his own little corner of hell, matters were infinitely worse. So far, the demon had had to deal with five separate attempts on his life. He'd taken refuge in Lord Yisal's realm in the fifth circle. Nobody would expect to find him here. After all, the fifth circle of hell wasn't the sanest of realms at the best of times, and as for that portion of it that Yisal claimed...

How, Aekold wondered, shivering bitterly in the icy wind, could anyone put up with this sort of weather? Ice and snow as far as the eye could see. Heavens, Yisal's castle was built out of solid blocks of ice.

Yisal's plan, as Aekold understood it, was to freeze the entire fifth circle, so that mortals would be forced to do things that they'd promised to do only when hell froze over.

Aekold wasn't entirely sure that such promises were binding, and they certainly weren't worth enduring this sort of discomfort for. The Hells were meant to be roasting infernoes. Anything that fell from the sky should be soot.

Not that he had any intentions of relaying these sentiments to Yisal. At the moment, the somewhat eccentric (The powerful weren't referred to as crazy by anyone who knew what was good for them) demon lord was standing (albeit unwittingly) between him and Malachias, and Aekold wasn't going to antagonise him.

Yisal was vaguely aware that there was a war on, but had no interest in taking a hand himself. 'It'll never last, you know. If demons could conquer Gaera, we would've done it milennia ago,' was his attitude. Others were adopting a 'wait and see' attitude, with a bit of surreptitious military build-up in case Malachias decided to strike at them from his new power base.

Aekold certainly hoped Malachias would be occupied for a good long time. As the 'architect of a treacherous plot to assassinate Lord Malachias', a phrase that screamed of the involvement of his old rival Egrimn, his head was rather valuable to people other than himself.

It had taken him some time to piece together what had happened. Apparently, a group of demons, led by someone who had stolen his face, had infiltrated the castle, gained an audience with Malachias, and set some kind of furry ball of death on him. And they'd actually gotten out alive, impossible as it might seem.

When he found out who had destroyed his (relatively speaking) good name, there was going to be Heaven to pay. Assuming that he ever dared leave this frozen wasteland.

A few seconds later, Aekold was rather forcibly introduced to the concept of the 'snowball'. A concept he could very happily have gone eternity without discovering. <p>"80% of my so-called friends would happily push me in front of a bus. Of course, the next time I saw them, I'd be driving the bus." - David McPhale, as Rob Muldoon</p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Beginning of the end

Unread postby Kelne » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:34 am

Once again, Kelne regarded the city from atop the museum roof. Every time he climbed up here, the museum seemed a tad emptier. A suspicious person might think that someone was systematically looting the place. A well-informed person might suspect a certain moogle.

Kelne was both, but he wasn't particularly interested in calling a halt to End's fun. Everyone should have a hobby, after all.

Anyway, he had bigger fish to fry. Today, one way or another, it was all going to end. Of course, he could wait for the armies gathered outside the city to break in and finish Malachias. But that wasn't going to happen. It was, after all, a matter of principle.

With the demonic forces distracted by the armies besieging the city, the way would be open for the resistance to smash those remnants lurking in the castle and finish Malachias himself. And then, a decent vacation. Heaven help anyone who so much as considered interrupting it this time.

-------------

Today, Kelne reflected as he repeatedly stabbed the giant rat attempting to bite his face off, was not going well. Not only was Griff late, but he had to deal with oversized rodents. Aside from End.

A short distance away, the minions seemed to have their own rat well in hand. Two were bashing it with shovels, while the third was attempting to net it. It figured that some of those other minions would still be lurking about. At least the damned rat finally seemed to be succumbing to the multiple stab wounds he and End had inflicted on it.

And bleeding on him.

Ah yes, the perfect day. Now all he needed was for the idiot in the castle to play some kind of trump card and deliver the usual booming speech on how he'd have his revenge on everybody. Possibly featuring maniacal laughter.

As if on cue, a loud rumbling permeated the city. <p>"I didn't want to crush Moyle. I didn't have to. He was so spineless, gravity did it for me." - David McPhale, as Rob Muldoon</p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

32's log

Unread postby Kelne » Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:32 am

#32's log, day x, where x is equal to 2y and y is undefined and my head hurts...

Malachias jumped up and down on the city today.

I always thought he was smaller. Makes you wonder how he got into the castle in the first place after seeing him step all over the city...

Anyhow, the Boss totally shot him with a giant crossbow thingy, and a bunch of other people hit him as well. #85 totally flipped out and kicked him in the wall. We're not sure what part of the anatomy the wall is, but he knocked out a bunch of bricks.

Anyway, we were going to lure him into the Really Big Pit Trap, but he fell over before we could and squashed the Boss's magic crossbow thingy. Oh, and most of the city, too. The Boss said it was just his luck when we told him we'd all gotten out alright. He's always been lucky.

The demons all ran off after that and there were a bunch of celebrations. The Boss didn't stick around for those - he went straight off on vacation.

A bunch of us get to stick around and help rebuild the city. We get to dig foundations and stuff. Life is good. <p>KnightsofSquare: DarkLordKelne is a tomboy bunnygirl, jealous of the business successes of her 37 older brothers, she is pursuing her own business degree in hopes of someday initiating a hostile takeover against her brothers' corporations.</p>

pd Rydia

Re: 32's log

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:51 pm

Huttah! What a terribly amusing fic. Good work, our Kelne. :D

Would you like a few technical errors pointed out? y/n? <p>
<center><small>"We are just poor, wandering corn farmers..."
</p>

Kelne
EXTERMINATE!!!!

Unread postby Kelne » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:01 pm

Sure, why not? Definitely on the home stretch now, just got the epilogue to do.

Edit: Since it didn't seem to pop back up with the restoral... <p>KnightsofSquare: DarkLordKelne is a tomboy bunnygirl, jealous of the business successes of her 37 older brothers, she is pursuing her own business degree in hopes of someday initiating a hostile takeover against her brothers' corporations.</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=kelne>Kelne</A]&nbsp; Image at: 6/20/05 23:51

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:35 pm

HTML Comments are not allowed <p>
<center><small>"We are just poor, wandering corn farmers..."
</p>

Previous

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings