Sister Abigail comes to Gaera, Precursor.

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

Lord McBastard

Sister Abigail comes to Gaera, Precursor.

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Wed May 28, 2003 5:05 pm

People never ask for what they get. It's a fact of life. No matter what you get isn't really what you wanted. The Mayor of Carmel probably wanted to be an ombudsman, something went his way and suddenly he's the man in charge. Not getting what you want, that's life.

Me, I never wanted to hurt anyone, I want to help people. I guess I do, but how I help is much less reactionary than what I expected. Some days I blame Prophet, some days I blame myself, and some days I'm a peace with what I do. This was one of those days. It's no question that my work for the Order is important, but I want help comfort the sick and feed the hungry, not kill things in the name of God. I stress the word things, anyone in bed with demons, figuratively or literally, can't be considered anything besides a monstrosity. But I'm getting ahead of myself, let me start from the beginning.

I've always known where I needed to be, my entire life right place and right time, that was me. The funny thing was it never helped me, when I was younger, no more than six, a purse snatcher tripped over me while he was running from the police, he was caught and went to prison, I got a broken arm. It was always related sins, I foiled two arm robberies before the age of twelve and I think I helped catch the Parkside Strangler. Finding Prophet was the only thing my little 'gift' ever did for me and he was given to me more than anything. I refer to Prophet as a he because he's always given me that impression, I'm pretty sure there's only one of him in existence and whenever he refers to his race it's usually in the singular sense, I think. Even after twenty years with this bed sheet I still can't understand a word he's saying, but we get along.

With Prophet I'm always in the right place at the right time usually to protect people, save a life, or kill something. In most cases all three. This was one of those times. Blood and horror was at the end of the day, not that it's abnormal at this point in my life.

-----------

In terms of DF this is set around nine years in the future in about 2020. Exact year is to be determined, as well this is possibly an Alternate Dark Future World, as it is the future and events over the past decade have not been figured out yet. I'm currently working on the second part now, this was pretty much the epilogue.
<p><div style="text-align:center">
Yeah with enough cheese we could blow up just about anything.-Tyler Durden (misquoted)</div></p>

SALSAlys

Re: Sister Abigail comes to Gaera, Precursor.

Unread postby SALSAlys » Thu May 29, 2003 9:17 am

*nod* I like what I see so far. Style of writing is shibby. ^_^

Only problem is that in some places, the words seem a bit rushed, like they come too quickly.

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Fri May 30, 2003 11:22 pm

How do you mean rushed?

Second part is comming tomorrow or tonight......whatever. <p><div style="text-align:center">
Yeah with enough cheese we could blow up just about anything.-Tyler Durden (misquoted)</div></p>

Lord McBastard

Unread postby Lord McBastard » Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:42 am

The club was a dive. More than a dive, it was a dive that had been decked to the nines. The trio of women stepped through the double doors and into smoke and pulsing music. A few dozen people writhed and gyrated on the small dance floor in time with the music. The flashing rainbow coloured lights and disco music contrasted bizarrely with the chains and black leather the various patrons were wearing. This was Transel one of the hottest Goth clubs in Carmel.

--------------------

With a smile and a wink Sister Isabella had gotten us past the bouncer without paying the ten dollar cover. I smiled to myself at the scowl Sister Janet wore; this was defiantly not her element. Unlike the rest of us she had not attempted to conceal her nature, she wore her habit and an expression that could stop even the most inebriated or foolhardy male. Though I was wearing an ensemble of belts, spikes, and chains as well as another random assortment of leather and stainless steel. Despite this, she fit in with the freaks better than both Isabella and I could hope too.

We walked past the scattering of tables and their black clad occupants, huddled together in an attempt at conversation over the throbbing music. At some point we lost Isabel, only to find her a few minutes later writhing and grinding to an equally leather clad and spiky man. After knowing Isabel for all these years I should learn to stop being shocked by anything she does, but I was. At that moment she was being closer and more intimate with a complete stranger than I had ever been in my life. I felt anger, resentment, bitterness, and envy, the last shames me the most but it was how I felt.

It took both Janet and I to pull Isabel off the dance floor, each of us holding one of her thick tattooed arms. When we had finally found our contact and gotten into the back alley behind the club, all three of us were coated with a sheen of sweat. In the club I was having problems catching my breath due to the thick as fog cigarette smoke, outside in the stale Carmel air, it was heaven.

"You brought the money?" asked our black clad contact.

"Yes, have you got the item?" replied Janet.

"Cause we ain't showin' you da money until we see da stuff" added Isabel.

I rolled my eyes, she couldn't take anything seriously. Fortunately she was ignored.

He opened his coat and removed a thick silver tube encrusted with gems. My heart caught in my throat. It was really here. He really had it. Janet reached into her habit and took out the thick envelope stuffed with money.

"Two hundred thousand, as we agreed" she said and tossed the package into the air.

As his fingers closed around the flying envelope Janet's first shot caught him in the left wrist, removing his hand and the scroll case from his person. Her second splattered grey matter and skull fragments across a graffiti covered wall.

I moved forward and retrieved the scroll case from his lifeless fingers. So far so good.

In retrospect it was quite funny how fast things turned sour after that thought. <p><div style="text-align:center">

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:42 pm

o_o Interesting story here so far.

Image <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "YOU SEE THE MIGHTY DAMARAMU'S BRAIN IS VERY COMPACT!" -- Damaramu
-=- "Don't worry Mink, I'll be good excess baggage!" -- Pia
-=- "But I'm a slime half!" -- Princess Vena
-=- "OH BY THE SEVEN GODS IT'S A MECHANICAL BIRD! But it's so...small..." -- announcer guy
-=- "Demons don't care about story continuity!" -- Doug Finn</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 6/12/05 15:12

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings