Pineapples! [updated 2004 Oct 27]

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

pd Rydia

Pineapples! [updated 2004 Oct 27]

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon May 05, 2003 11:41 pm

[2004 Oct 08] Ficiffied. Look at the <s>third</s> ninth post after this. Comments and stuff?!

<small><small>Okies. I think I'm going to ficiffy the RP part later, I think, but for now I'll leave the relevant bits of the RP here. The actual song is in bold for you lazy readers.

Siz: Encarceration isn't really funny... *looks funny, but quickly covers it up with a grin* Pineapples are funny!
Pervy: *Sip*
Griff: Pineapples are the devils work.
Griff: Beleive me, I asked him.
Siz: ^o.o^ Really?
Pervy: <_<
Siz: *innocent belief*
Siz: *or IS IT?*
Griff: Would I lie? *has an almost innocent look in his gleaming red eyes*
Siz: Would I glomp you?
Siz: *blink innocent*
Siz: Or tackle Will?
Siz: Or dye someone's hair pink? ^n_n^
Siz: Of course not! So what did the devil say about pineapples, exactly?
Pervy: Tis that why I hear them things whisper at night?
Pervy: *should be noted he is still hatless :D*
Griff: He said that "The creation of pineapples can soley be traced to me".
Griff: His exact words.
Siz: Ooooh...pineapples, the devil's work!
Griff: IM: BULLLLLLLLLLL CRRAAAAAAAAAAA~~~~P
Siz: *hums an even note*
Pervy: Ye know, once, when I twas sailin' t' Baron...
Pervy: I had some pineapples in th' hold.
Pervy: Swear I could hear them bastards whisperin' at night.
Griff: They do.
Pervy: *Speaking in Old Seaman Tone now!*
Griff: Pineapples are really...Uh....Demons. In their....Natural form!
Siz: ^>_>^ What secrets did they whisper?
Pervy: Aye... heard 'em plain as day in me Cabin...
Pervy: "Overthrow the Governemnt!" they said!
Griff: Yes, pineapples are known anarchists.
Pervy: That ain't th' creepy bit...
Pervy: We all hear 'em, right?
Pervy: So we toss th' bastards overboard.
Siz: ^o.o^
Pervy: Next day, there they are, back in' th' hold
Griff: The devils work.
Pervy: An' every fish fer miles 'round dead.
Siz: Spooky~! <^_^> *looks well-pleased with the stories*
Griff: Foenix played a part in that fiasco, I think.
Siz: Who would have known such a tasty, delicious treat was really the devil's work! ^>.>^
Pervy: Well, much o' a plan as Jay can have.
Pervy: "Blast 'em outta a cannon!" he said..
Besyanteo: ... ::and can't help but listen to Pervy narrate!::
Pervy: So we load 'em up in th' cannons, Aye?
Siz: Aye. ^o.o^
Pervy: And fire 'em all off at once!
Pervy: Guess what happened?
Siz: ^o.o^ What?
Griff: They came right back, didn't they?
Siz: THEY LEAPED UP AND MAULED YOUR FACES!
Siz: *leaps up herself as she announces this*
Pervy: Every last one few out, then turned right back...
Griff: Well, I wouldent be surprised, looking at Pervy.
Pervy: AND SANK ME DAMNED SHIP!
Griff: I mean, look at him. He was obviously mauled by SOMETHING.
Siz: Well, dang. ^o.o^ Had to swim back to shore? ^>.>^
Pervy: Went right through th' fuckin' hull like it twas paper!
Siz: *flicks ears*
Pervy: Damn right...
Siz: (Pervy: uphill! Both ways! Wait, wrong yarn...)
Pervy: And they didnae stop, either.
Pervy: Kept right on goin'.
Pervy: Might still be out there, fer all I know.
Pervy: <_<
Pervy: >_>
Siz: ^o.o^ Ooooooh...
Pervy: But since then...
Pervy: I burn th' bastards every time I see 'im.
Siz: ^>.>^
Pervy: *Sage nod and sips*
Siz: *whistles an even note*
Siz: *and scales up half an octave, and back down a full octave*
Pervy: Yer good at that.
Pervy: Know th' flute, then?
Siz: The epic battle between the noble captain and the pineappl-- *digs for a scrap of paper* Huh? Flute? Nah, I just sing. <^_^>
Siz: I make some songs sometimes...
Siz: *starts scribbling furiously on the back of the invoice*
Pervy: *Looks*
Siz: *is ballad-izing Pervy's and Griff's tales :D*
Siz: *with much rewriting and crossing out and furious scribbling*
Pervy: *Watches, somewhat amazed*
Siz: (You bastards. I suck at making songs, and now I have to try my hand at this >:P)
[...]
Siz: *stops, halfway through composition, and hums an even note again* o.o
Siz: *begins to sing quietly*

When the worlds were finely wrought,
In times long past, the great gods sought,
To bring to life many wound'rous things
To fill the void with creatures amazing...

But all wasn't well within the heavens
There was one amongst them , less-than-pleasant
His dark soul, the most bitter and sour
Desired to plague Creation with his power...

*raises her tone slightly with each verse*

Pervy: *Perks an ear toward Sizreina*
Siz:

He thought and plotted, plotted and thought
Till finally a devilish plan he wrought
To use creation against creation was his plan
He sent to the worlds a nefarious...plant

Siz: *grins in a silly manner, revealing the true nature of the song*
ChibiUrusai: *glances at Siz, although still most of her attention on Griff, amused*
Siz:

Fruit it did bear, most alluring and sweet
Innocent-seeming was this fine-looking treat
But only give them a chance, and one will find
These treats harbor from their creator a dark side

Griff: .....*w* Pervy and I made up a story about evil pineapples, and she wrote a song about it....>.>;;
Pervy: HA!
Siz: *is singing loud enough to be heard easily*

^o^ Pineapples! So sweet and tasty, yet so foul!
Pineapples!
Created by the darkest powers!
Pineapples!
Not so innocent as they seem!
Pineapples!
A most sinister fruit one could ever see!

Pervy: *Attention of Sizreina now*
Yfandes: ......*w* Somehow, I suddenly want a pina colada. That doesn't reassure me.
Siz: *breaks off, giggling helplessly*
Yfandes: *chuckles*
Pervy: Gobs! get that woman a damned drink!
Siz: Thanks! ^n_n^
Yfandes: *shakes her head slightly* Pineapples.
Yfandes: Your idea, or the captain's?
Siz: *breaks into giggles again at the mention of pineapples*</small></small> <p>
<span style="font-size:xx-small;">-=- "Careful wit' that blade, th's innkeep's a cranky sort when folks start fightin' Ye dun wanna know how many rowdy drunks she's ate" -- Uncle Pervy
-=- "I'm sorry, but there are rules to uphold here. No nakedness is one of them. Along with no suicide and no fighting." -- Will Baseton
-=- "Maybe... or maybe you're just not drunk enough." -- Nakibe</span></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 10/27/04 8:54 pm

SALSAlys

PINEAPPLES!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue May 06, 2003 2:13 pm

I am muchly amused, mommalicious one. Ficcify it! ^o^

Vampire Jester Jinx

Re: PINEAPPLES!

Unread postby Vampire Jester Jinx » Sat May 24, 2003 4:43 pm

LIES ALL LIES.
PINEAPPLES LOVE YOU. <p>
<div style="text-align:center">

</div></p>

pd Rydia

Re: Pineapples!

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:45 am

There is a more finished draft down below, where my postcount is at 9846. Go read that 'un. :(

<small><small><small><small><small><small><small>I follow through with stuff...eventually. See? Only took me 16 months.

Sadly, Lys, I decided to make Yfandes a minor role. :{ Since she came into the RP rather late, it seemed kind of odd to shove her in at the last minute.

Also, critiques and comments of all kind welcome. I'd particularly like to know whether or not this needs more non-dialogue, and if so, some ideas on what to add. I tend to go overboard on dialogue to begin with, and considering this started as a chat RP...yeah. Anyhow, thankyes!

-Dia-

<hr noshade>
Three figures were grouped loosely together around a table of the Jade Dragon Inn. A blond man, bedecked in red pants and a similarly red trench coat over a green shirt, stood towering over the other two, who were seated at a table, chatting with each other.

"Incarceration isn't really funny," the woman of the group interjected, cocking her head and flashing a sudden grin. "Pineapples are funny!" she asserted, flicking her bright, royal blue cat ears.

Unimpressed, the man across from her, bedecked in the familiar robes of a white mage, took a calm sip from his drink without even a twitch of his own, immaculately white feline ears. The blond man, however, rose to the bait.

"Don't you know that pineapples are the devil's work, Sizreina?" he rebuffed. "Believe me, I asked him."

The slim woman, who looked a good 24 or so years of age, looked up at the man with nothing but wide-eyed, ingenuousness belief in her eyes. "Really, Griff? Is that so?" If she or Griff noticed the sidelong glance from their scruffy-haired companion, neither gave any indication.

"Would I lie?" Griff responded, crimson eyes gleaming with an almost innocent look.

"Would I glomp you?" Siz countered, blinking. "Or tackle Will? Or...dye someone's hair pink?" She grinned, an expression of utmost glee. "Of course not! So! What did the devil say about pineapples, exactly?"

Placing both his hands squarely on the edge of the table, Griff leaned over and looked gravely from one of his companions to the other. "He said," he began in a solemn tone of voice, "'The creation of pineapples can solely be traced to me.' His exact words."

Sizreina's eyes grew wide, as she drank in all the details. "Ooooh...pineapples, the devil's work!" she said in a scandalized tone, for all the world looking like a young child being told a ghost story.

"'Tis that why I hear them things whisper at night?" interjected the previously silent red-haired man.

Griff, who appeared to be smothering an expression bordering between disbelief and amusement from Sizreina, quickly turned his attention to the new speaker. Meanwhile, Sizreina quietly hummed an even note in the background. "What's this, Pervy?"

"Well," the captain expounded, leaning back in his chair, "Ye know, once, when I twas sailin' t' Baron...I had some pineapples in th' hold. Swear I could hear them bastards whisperin' at night."

Griff nodded solemnly. "They do. Pineapples are really...uh...demons. In their...natural form!"

"What secrets did they whisper, Captain?" Siz asked, leaning forward as her tail swished behind her in curiosity.

"Aye...heard 'em plain as day in me cabin..." the white mage continued, in his proper old seaman tone. "'Overthrow the government,' they said!"

"Yes, pineapples are known anarchists," agreed Griff, shaking his head.

"But that ain't th' creepy bit," Pervy went on. "We all hear 'em, right? So we toss th' bastards overboard. Next day, there they are, back in' th' hold! An' every fish fer miles 'round dead."

"The devil's work," Griff quickly added. "Foenix played a part in that fiasco, I'd say."

"So we're scratchin' our heads, tryin' t' figure out what t' do wit' th' bloody things. Then Smokey Jay, me gunner, comes up wit' a plan. Well, much o' a plan as Jay can have." Pervy threw both hands up in the air, drawing his eyebrows together in frustration. "'Blast 'em outta a cannon'! he said! So! We load 'em up in th' cannons, aye?"

"Aye," Siz replies, voice laden with anticipation.

"And fire 'em all off at once!" Pervy clapped his hands together loudly, and then spread them apart. "...Guess what happened?"

Griff scowled. "They came right back, didn't they?"

Siz couldn't help herself anymore. "They leaped up and mauled your faces!" she shouted, leaping up herself with this proclamation.

"Well, I wouldn't be surprised, looking at Pervy," Griff replied nonchalantly. "I mean, look at him. He was obviously mauled by something."

Pervy, however, went on as if the outburst had never happened, squinting his eyes and pointing a finger at Sizreina. "Every last one flew out, then turned right back...and sank me damned ship! Went right through th' fuckin' hull like it t'was paper!"

"Well, dang," Siz replied in a calm tone, flicking her ears again. Apparently, she had taken no more note of her own antics than her companion had. "Had to swim back to shore?"

"Damn right," the seaman confirmed, leaning back in his chair once more. "And they didnae stop, either. Kept right on goin'. Might still be out there, fer all I know." Looking around shiftily, Pervy lowered his voice and added, "But since then...I burn th' bastards every time I see 'em." With a firm nod, he took a long pull from his drink

Stretching mightily, Siz relaxed again and summed up her thoughts on the story. "Spooky" she said with solemn expression. However, her deep blue eyes were gleaming, and she still managed to look rather pleased with herself. "Who would have known such a tasty, delicious treat was really the devil's work!"

She paced a few lengths, and then whistled an even note. Then, suddenly, she scaled up half an octave, and back down a full octave.

"Yer good at that," Pervy noted. "Know th' flute, then?"

"The epic battle between the noble captain and the pineappl--" Siz muttered to herself, digging around in the pockets of her cyan blue, baggy pants for a scrap of paper and a writing utensil of some sort. "Huh? Flute? Nah, I just sing. I make songs sometimes..." she trailed off, for--having found her needed tools--she had begun scribbling furiously on the back of the invoice. Pervy, in curiosity, maneuvered himself to watch over the cat-eared and -tailed woman's shoulder, looking on with slight surprise as she rapidly composed a song, crossing out and rewriting frequently.

Suddenly, however, Sizreina stopped. To Pervy, the song only looked slightly over halfway composed. Nonetheless, Sizreina begins to hum an even note again, and shortly begins to sing quietly.<ul>"When the worlds were finely wrought
"In times long past, the great gods sought
"To bring to being wond'rous things,
"To fill the void with Lives amazing.

"Yet with the gods peace was not found;
"T'was one not friendly t'those earthbound.
"His soul most dark, bitter, and sour
"Desired to plague Life with his power."</ul>With each verse, Sizreina gradually raised the volume and dramatic tone of her voice. Pervy, meanwhile, perked an ear towards Siz, while other patrons in the bar began to turn their attention towards her, with varying expressions of surprise, confusion, amusement, and drunkenness.<ul>"He thought and plotted, plotted and thought,
"Till finally a devilish plan he wrought.
"To use Life against Life was his plan;
"He sent to the worlds a nefarious...plant."</ul>Sizreina grinned in a most silly manner, revealing to all the true nature of the song--as if it weren't obvious.<ul>"Fruit it did bear, most alluring and sweet,
"Innocent-seeming was this fine-looking treat.
"But only give them a chance, and one will find--
"These treats harbor a sinister side;</ul>"Pervy and I made up a story about evil pineapples, and she wrote a song about it..." Griff muttered to a nearby patron, by way of explanation. Pervy, meanwhile, let out a loud guffaw, while Sizreina continued to sing with great enthusiasm.<ul>"Pineapples! So sweet and tasty, yet so foul!
"Pineapples!
"Created by the darkest powers!
"Pineapples!
"Not so innocent as they seem!
"Pineapples!
"A most monstrous fruit one could ever see!"</ul>With a spin and a mighty flourish, Sizreina finished her song, breaking off into mighty giggles and resuming her seat near Griff and Pervy.

"Gobs!" Pervy hollered. "Get this woman a damned drink!"

Siz grinned. "Thanks, Captain" she said, bobbing her head in appreciation.

"Pineapples," a nearby woman shook her head slightly. "Your idea, or the Captain's?"

However, she could get no response from Sizreina. In fact, the mere mention of pineapples for the next several days would send the woman off into uncontrollable fits of laughter from which no explanations could be elicited.</small></small></small></small></small></small></small> <p>
<center><small>"We are just poor, wandering corn farmers..."
</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 10/27/04 8:51 pm

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:09 am

I think you have a good balance of dialogue and action. If you feel you need more, just bloat it with tossing in little notes on what gestures they may be making, how they shift their poises, or don't shift.

ALSO!

I caught this

"The devil's work." Griff quickly to added. "Foenix played a part in that fiasco, I'd say." <p>-------------------------------------
Image</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:41 pm

Thanks, bro!

On a second read-through, I noticed I wrote it originally in present tense, and tried to change it to past tense--messed up as I often do when doing such edits. :þ Should be fixed now. <p>
</p>

Will Rennar

Unread postby Will Rennar » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:46 pm

Dammit, now I REALLY wish I was good at writing stuff other than lemons. <p>Will Rennar / Asura Calibre

The Rosetta Stone -- The Sketchpad -- Asura's Harem</p>

pd Rydia

Unread postby pd Rydia » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:58 pm

You just made me associate Siz with lemons. :( Shame on you. <p>
</p>

Endesu
ラムレッダ

Unread postby Endesu » Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:19 pm

... har har, Will's earned a place in Fangirl Hell. :D <p>

<span style="font-size:small;">"Gokou: Yes, it's all clear to me now. Vegeta is King Kong. (having a flashback) I remember when I was a child, King Kong killed my grandfather. It was Vegeta all the time! Vegeta killed my grandfather! AND THEN HE CAME FROM OUTER SPACE! And then... wait a minute."</span></p>

pd Rydia

Re: Pineapples! [updated 2004 Oct 08]

Unread postby pd Rydia » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:10 pm

Actually has, you know, an introduction now. Also, some minor edits to the dialogue and description, etc. Also, I no longer like the ending completely. Any suggestions would be nice.

Critiques, commentary, of all type, welcome.

<hr noshade>

<small>The sun was just dipping under the horizon and, perched atop streetposts, covered oil lamps lit up the avenues, guiding various Domans on their ways home. The last, most tenacious of merchants, who finally admitted defeat--at least for the day; errant children who had promised to 'be home before suppertime'; the socialite who just realized he or she was running an errand, and oh dear, it was time to hurry on back now; all these people and more you will find in the city of Doma, hurrying home by the light of the streetlamps in the evening.

Of course, not only those going home avail of the convenience provided by the streetlamps. Indeed, many find that they prefer to be active at these hours. Those up and about Doma's capital in the evening had a number of venues at which to while away their time, of course--but what establishment could possibly be more wholesome than your friendly neighborhood pub?

The Jade Dragon is just one of the many that lie in Doma.

At this time of dusk-turning-into-night, the Jade Dragon was not quite as busy or rowdy as it has been known for. A low, steady hum filled the background, with only the occasional crash or yelling from the infamous back room. Clusters of various patrons were scattered about the inn--eating, drinking, laughing. Hitting on that hot dragon chick. Arguing with the walls. Bemoaning the state of their romantic life to their mug of hot cocoa.

Trying to shoo the lapdragons off the pinball machine. Unsuccessfully.

As it so happened, three figures were grouped loosely together around a table near the empty stage of the inn. A gruff-looking blond man, bedecked in crimson pants, a similarly colored trench coat, and a simple green shirt, stood towering over the other two. The other two, in turn, were seated at a table, apparently chatting with each other.

"Incarceration isn't really funny," the woman of the group seemed to have just interjected. She cocked her head, flashing a sudden grin, and with a flick of her royal blue cat ears--managing, overall, a terribly coy look. She went on to assert, "Pineapples are funny!"

The man across from her--bedecked in the familiar robes of a white mage--was remarkably unimpressed with all of this, however. His response was to take a calm sip from his drink without even a twitch of his own, immaculately white feline ears. The blond man, however, rose to the bait.

"Don't you know that pineapples are the devil's work, Sizreina?" he rebuffed. "Believe me, I asked him."

The woman, who looked a good 24 or so years of age, looked up at the man with nothing but wide-eyed, ingenuous belief in her eyes. "Really, Griff? Is that so?"

If she or Griff noticed the sidelong glance from their scruffy-haired companion, neither gave any indication. Instead, Griff simply responded, "Would I lie?" His own eyes gleaming with an almost innocent look.

"Would I glomp you?" Siz countered, blinking. "Or tackle my brother? Ooor...dye someone's hair pink?"

She grinned, an expression of utmost glee. "Of course not! So! What did the devil say about pineapples, exactly?"

Placing both his hands squarely on the edge of the table, Griff leaned over and looked gravely from one of his companions to the other. "He said," he began in a solemn tone of voice, "'The creation of pineapples can solely be traced--to me.' Those were his exact words."

Sizreina's eyes grew wide as she drank in all the details. "Ooooh..." she drawled. For all the world looking like a young child being told a ghost story, she continued in scandalized tones, "Pineapples, the devil's work!"

"'Tis that why I hear them things whisper at night?" interjected their previously silent, red-headed companion.

Griff, who appeared to be smothering an expression bordering between disbelief and amusement from Sizreina, quickly turned his attention to the new speaker. Meanwhile, Sizreina quietly hummed an even note in the background. "What's this, Pervy?"

"Well," the mage expounded, leaning back in his chair, "Ye know, once, when I twas sailin' t' Baron...I had some pineapples in th' hold. Swear I could hear them bastards whisperin' at night."

Griff nodded solemnly. "They do. Pineapples are really...uh...demons. In their...natural form!"

"What secrets did they whisper, Captain?" Siz asked, leaning forward as her tail swished behind her in curiosity.

"Aye...heard 'em plain as day in me cabin..." the white mage continued, in his proper old seaman tone. "'Overthrow the government,' they said!"

"Yes, yes...pineapples are known anarchists," agreed Griff, shaking his head.

"But that ain't th' creepy bit," Pervy went on, squinting his eyes. He leaned forward, setting his elbows against the tabletop and resting his chin against his intertwined fingers. "We all hear 'em, right? So we toss th' bastards overboard. Next day, there they are, back in' th' hold! An' every fish fer miles 'round--dead!"

"The devil's work." Griff growled. "Foenix played a part in that fiasco, I'd say."

"So we're scratchin' our heads, tryin' t' figure out what t' do wit' th' bloody things. Then Smokey Jay, me gunner, comes up wit' a plan--well, much o' a plan as Jay can have." At this point, Pervy threw both hands up in the air in exasperation. "'Blast 'em outta a cannon' he said! So! We load 'em up in th' cannons, aye?"

"Aye," Siz replied, eyes round as coins and voice laden with anticipation.

"And fire 'em all off at once!" Pervy clapped his hands together loudly, paused, and then slowly spread them apart. "...Guess what happened?"

Griff scowled. "They came right back, didn't they?"

"They leaped up and mauled your faces!" Siz shouted, leaping up with this proclamation. It seemed that she couldn't help herself anymore.

"Well, I wouldn't be surprised, looking at Pervy," Griff replied nonchalantly. "I mean, look at him. He was obviously mauled by something."

Pervy, however, went on as if the outburst had never happened, narrowing his eyes and pointing a finger at Sizreina. "Every last one flew out, then turned right back...and sank me damned ship! Went right through th' fuckin' hull like it t'was paper!"

"Well, dang," Siz replied in a calm tone, blinking. "Had to swim back to shore, then?"

"Damn right," the seaman confirmed, leaning back in his chair once more. "And they didnae stop, either. Kept right on goin'. Might still be out there, fer all I know." Looking around shiftily, Pervy lowered his voice and added, "But since then...I burn th' bastards every time I see 'em." With a firm nod, he took a long pull from his drink

Stretching mightily, Siz relaxed again and summed up her thoughts on the story. "Spooky," she remarked with solemn expression. However, her navy eyes twinkled, and she still managed to look rather pleased with herself. "Who would have known such a tasty, delicious treat was really the devil's work!"

While her acquaintances exchanged looks, Sizreina paced a few lengths, and then whistled an even note. Then, suddenly, she scaled up half an octave, and back down a full octave.

"Yer good at that," Pervy noted. "Know th' flute, then?"

"The epic battle between the noble captain and the pineap--" Siz muttered to herself, digging around in the pockets of her cyan blue, baggy pants for a scrap of paper and a writing utensil of some sort. "Huh? Flute? Nah, I just sing. I make songs sometimes..." she trailed off, for--having found her needed tools--she had begun scribbling furiously on the back of the invoice. Pervy, in curiosity, maneuvered himself to watch over Sizreina's shoulder, looking on with slight surprise as she rapidly composed a song, crossing out and rewriting frequently.

Suddenly, however, she stopped. To Pervy, the song only looked slightly over halfway composed. Nonetheless, Sizreina began to hum an even note again, and shortly started to sing quietly.

"When the worlds were finely wrought
"In times long past, the great gods sought
"To bring to being wond'rous things,
"To fill the void with Lives amazing.

"Yet with the gods peace was not found;
"T'was one not friendly t'those earthbound.
"His soul most dark, bitter, and sour
"Desired to plague Life with his power."

With each verse, Sizreina gradually raised the volume and dramatic tone of her voice. Pervy, meanwhile, perked an ear towards Siz, while other patrons in the bar began to turn their attention towards her, with varying expressions of surprise, confusion, and drunkenness.

"He thought and plotted, plotted and thought,
"Till finally a devilish plan he wrought.
"To use Life against Life was his plan;
"He sent to the worlds a nefarious...plant."

"Fruit it did bear, most alluring and sweet,
"Innocent-seeming was this fine-looking treat.
"But only give them a chance, and one will find--
"These treats harbor a sinister side;

"Pervy and I made up a story about evil pineapples, and she wrote a song about it..." Griff muttered to a nearby patron, by way of explanation. Pervy, meanwhile, let out a loud guffaw, while Sizreina continued to sing with great enthusiasm.

"Pineapples! So sweet and tasty, yet so foul!
"Pineapples!
"Created by the darkest powers!
"Pineapples!
"Not so innocent as they seem!
"Pineapples!
"A most monstrous fruit one could ever see!"

With a spin and a mighty flourish, Sizreina finished her song, breaking off into mighty giggles and resuming her seat near Griff and Pervy.

"Gobs!" Pervy hollered. "Get this woman a damned drink!"

Siz grinned fiendishly, and bobbed her head in appreciation. "Thanks, Captain!"

"Pineapples," a nearby woman shook her head slightly. "Your idea, or the Captain's?"

However, she could get no response from Sizreina. In fact, the mere mention of pineapples for the next several days would send Siz off into uncontrollable fits of laughter, for which from her no explanations could be elicited.</small> <p>
</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 10/27/04 8:54 pm

Uncle Pervy

Re: Pineapples! [updated 2004 Oct 08]

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:35 am

*applause*

Cannae find a thing to gripe about.

Image <p>-------------------------------------
Image</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 6/12/05 15:08

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings