Sky Sailors Fanfic: Or: Rand fanfic

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

Choark

Sky Sailors Fanfic: Or: Rand fanfic

Unread postby Choark » Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:02 am

The night was a beautiful dance of darkness and light. The moon stood in the middle of the sky swinging the stars around it, bring a small amount of visibility to the land mass below it with its low blue light which hung on the egde of street coners, making alley ways all the more darker and forboding.

In one alley, a door was hanging half open, like someone had opened it quietly and snuck inside, and left it that way in case they needed to make a quick escape. Stepping through the door you were met with a awful mess of small objects and tringets, the kind that most people who wouldn't even think about. The cogs of a clock, the wires of a ships engine, the hilt of a sword. Junk was what all of it was called. Yet here it was horded.

Normally the owner had little to worry about in terms of robbers and thieves. For one few would tread in this place known only as the slums, filled with "The Slummers", the underdogs of evolution and civilsation. Here is where you met the reason why cousins shouldn't marry and have kids, or why famers should never get to friendly with the animals. It was not a place for normal robbers to tred in, if only cause of the smell. Secondally Slummers had little use for Junk of this kind and didn't have the mind to think what it could be used for.

Tonight seemed to be different however, as someone had indeed come into the house and had tied the owner to the chair and was waving a gun about as they threw all the junk on the junk on the floor while looking for something.

"For fcuks sake! Where is the fcuking map!?" Said a rather annoyed young man. His arms were like twigs, looknig like they could barely hold onto the hands on the end of them, both which were dirty and looked like they needed washed years ago.

The boy turned his attention to the owner. "Heys Granny!" He said pointing to the twenty five year old woman he tied to the chair who was now rather angry at the granny remark. "Where the fcuk's do ya hide ye maps?"

Fighting through the urge to try and smack the boy one, the lady answered "What maps?" Which wasn't much of an answer at all.

The boy threw his hands up in the air and made some strange motions as he turned on the spot. "For fcuking hells gonads whys do they always fcuking say that!?" The boy shook his head. "The maps! The fcuking maps you have that point to the island with all the fcuking treasure Phil said you fcuking had!"

Phil! When she got out of this she was going to have a quiet word with him indeed. A word that involved less talking and a lot more stabbing. "You believe the word of every Slummer ya meet lad?"

The boy smiled. It was a horrible evil smile that showed all his rather uncleaned teeth that stretched from one end of his face to the other. It almost seemed to shine, making the room seem all the more black around her.

"Guys talks round here when a blokes got a knife throughs his hand" The lady groaned. She only just placed it but she knew that accent and she was dealing with of a child of the slums itself. She was rather perplexed how this kid had gotten the better of Phil however.

"So Granny? Where's the maps?" he asked again.

The lady, knowing when it was probably better to be helpful, espically as that gun was now waving in her direction and you could never be sure when a child like that may pull the trigger, nodded her head towards to a small chest. "In there."

Unlike her robber, she hid her smile. She watched quietly as the boy walked over to the chest and waited for the boy to try and open it. The boy slowly reached out to it. Slowly getting closer and closer.

Then stopped.

Why did he stop!?

Suddenly pointing the gun towards the lock the boy pulled the trigger and a horrible Crack and Bang sounded out. The bullet blew a huge hole into the chest, where the lock had previosuly been, and the posion needle trap, and the lid flung open.

The lady cursed her luck. She is dealing with a clever mind it seemed.

"Alrights! Here's it is!" The lad helped himself to the small pile of maps within the chest and noticed another odd little something inside. Holding it up he saw a small cystal ball, with a stange mist that spun round within it and glowed a bright white on his hand.

"Hey Granny whats this? Is it valuable?"

"Its a cystal ball" the lady said, suddenly thinking of a new tactic. "One can tell the future with it. You see I have a small amount of magic within me and can activate its power. I need only the name of..."

"Ohs so it IS valuable!" The boy said smiling and putting it in his pocket.

"To some people yes but boy, would you not like to know the future?"

The boy looked at his tied up victim and started thinking. "Whys ya want te know that?"

Of all the questions to ask, the lady cursed in her head. "To know what your future brings you of course. To know where you might end up."

"Oh likes, where I go tommorow?"

"I was more thinking of a bit further in the future boy."

"A weeks?"

The lady rolled her eyes, this was a wasted effort it seemed, obviously the boy had already worked out she was trying to stall him and was asking pointless questions to mock her.

With a small sigh she said. "I meant years but as you've probabl-"

"Oh Rights! I get cha! Years, yeah, i could see a lots then right? Cool. I bets I'll be doing smoe right fu stuff in the future like, if i ain' dead of course." The boy took out the cystal and placed it on the lady's lap. "Gets to telling then"

Blinking a few times the lady chuckled under her breath.

"Well first I need ya name for ya see I-"

"Rand! Rand Ironfly! Is got a name tag and everything!"

Maybe she had given this lad too much credit after all. She chuckled again and prepaired to fake a spell. The fact was this was meant to be able to tell the future but she had never once been able to it. All she needed to do was tell a tale for an hour or so until Sam came back, who would be able to deal with this fool no trouble.

Mumbeling a few nonsence words she looked up at Rand "Now tap the cystal ball and say your name. The magic will then flow into my mind and I'll tell you of the images as I see them."

Nodding his head Rand looked at the ball. "Alrights Time to know what happens to my crew!" He leaned forward and tapped the ball. "Rand Ironfly"

Suddenly the room was washed in a brilliant light that shone out and filled as much as it could with its glow. It reached down the alley way, it leaked through holes in the ladies rooftop and pointed up in the sky like a giant spear that stretched for miles.

Then just as suddenly it all washed back into the room and fillde the cystal ball.

"Fcuk"

Taken by surprise the lady suddenly found her mind being taken over by a running image which she was forced to describe as she saw it...

---Rand's possible Future---

And i'm spent. I can't believe it took so long to just get this done. I'm far to lazy to continue or spell check or grammer check or just re check at the moment so I'll do it later. Maybe. I should of just done what I was going to do and just write the fic of the future. Oh well.

Uncle Pervy

Re: Sky Sailors Fanfic: Or: Rand fanfic

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:17 pm

Holy hell, Rand used to be a fuckhead!

A spellcheck is your buddy here. If you want me to go through it line by line, catch me on AIM.

Overall, though, this is interesting. I never pictured Rand doing this kind of thing; given that he was supposed to be a step below the Clatters and all. I'm really going to be interested in what happened; or will happen; to him. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage</div></p>

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:37 pm

=P eheheh.

Actually << >> This isn't Rand before he met the crew *nods* But they'll be more on that later, possibily. I didn't want to throw anyone else in cause i didn't want to do them wrong, also we are unsure on how the RP will go.

Its so far a small set up for the possible future. Which will hopefully be a laugh.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:38 am

WRITE MORE YOU SONNOVABITCH! Image

Choark

Rand De Luffy - part 1

Unread postby Choark » Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:39 pm

There was an image of the sky, sitting undisturbed as it stretched over all of the horizon filling the view with a light blue colour. The image of complete and utter peacefulness. And ultimately, boring.

Then the view swings and a small black dot comes into sight, barely even a speck in the great vast blueness of everything. Because this is the only thing to be seen, slowly this black dot gets closer and closer, or perhaps the view is zooming to the dot.

The dot starts to take a shape, and it is seen not as a black dot but a blur of lots of colours put together, the most prominate being brown and orange.

Then it is seen, and all is known. Hanging in the air, moving slowly forward, if there is a forward when everything looks the same in all directions, was a bucket modified to hold an engine, chugging out small black smoke clouds as it defied the law of gravity.

In this bucket were two men, roughly around the same age, though the blond one was elder. This eldest one had a small black hat one with a skull and cross bones sign on it, but it looked cheap, as if it was made to look like a pirates hat, rather then actually be one. He also wore a bright shirt, filled with more colours then a rainbow could manage without being unfashionable.

The man was currently pointing at a map and arguing with the other man.

The other man was where the orange colour came from as he wore a bright orange body warmer, without no under shirt, that almost seemed to shine out like a sun. Yes it is that bright. His hair was dark black and unkept and waved about in the slow breeze. His build was odd, his arms were mostly skinny sticks of bone, but small well built muscles were there were they were meant to be, like they had grown because they had to.

He was grinning a huge grin at the man as he was being shouted at.

"Relaxs mates I'm sure it'll turn up eventually!" Rand said, leaning back and relaxing on the edge of the bucket.

"Ya can't loose a damned Island Rand!" Shouted the rather angry Evan, as he was known to his "friend", in a very fake pirate accent that came and went without warning. "Ya just can't! Admit ye got us as lost a ship without a compass!"

"Heys, we managed for all those years without one of thems rights?"

"That’s not the point! You lost Bude! Look! Look!" With each look Evan pounded his finger into the map where Bude was. "We're here but Bude isn't! Which means we aint here so it means we're lost completely! I can't even see any land marks!"

Rand gave out a huge laugh. It was an odd laugh as he meant it but it was very hard to understand exactly what he was laughing at. Was it at Evan? at the situation? Only Rand seemed to know. "Heys its not likes any islands can just float aways rights? So relax..."

Evan sighed and leaned back. The truth was he was normally an easy going kinda guy but Rand had put him through so much in the years he wasn't surprised when he found his first grey hair the last time back at port. Evan figured he had five years until he was completely bold.

"This be all ya fault, says I" Evan said, in a small sulk, and an overly ridiculous accent.

"Hows ya figure that then?"

"Because!" Evan said, leaning forward. "ye had to steal Creed's firearm again didn't yee? Why don't ya just buy ya own!? If ye had he wouldn't have tracked you down and sunk ya ship and taking all ya gold!!"

"Ars don'ts worry bout that mate. That’s just Blackharts way of showing he cares like. Sides I stole the wrong one, tis this one I meant to take." Rand held up a fine old looking pistol, with a beautiful hilt that had a small design of a pierced heart on it made in silver.

"AARRGGH" Evan screamed pointing at the horror in front of him. "Ya took another one!?"

"After returning the others of course. He won'ts mind"

Evan eye twitched, then he snapped. Lunging at his fellow crewmate the two started to struggle with each other as Evan attempted to throw Rand out of the bucket.

Here is when the view shifts up slightly and we see the error of the two men ways. You see, unlike there map, the world they live in is a three dimensional world and if only they looked they would see that they had indeed made it to Bude like they wanted.

Only they were 1 mile above it.

Perhaps luckily then it seemed fate would lend a small helping hand to them. Or was it luck? Either way, the small magical ring that had powered the engine of the bucket, the one thing that was keeping them from plummeting down, started to flicker.

Then it flickered again. Stopped glowing and fell down and kept on falling as the bucket it was holding up also began to fall, and of course, because neither of them were magical in anyway, the two men found themselves falling, very fast, downwards towards Bude.

As a testament to their friendship, the two pushed and pulled to make sure the other one was below them as they fell...

Uncle Pervy

Re: Rand De Luffy - part 1

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Tue Apr 08, 2003 12:52 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Well done, our Cho. ^_^

*Is very amused that Rand and Evan stuck together* <p><div style="text-align:center">Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage</div></p>

SALSAlys

Indeedle!

Unread postby SALSAlys » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:15 pm

GO CHO!

Write more!

Some homonym thingies that you got wrong... like bold/bald, etc.

But write more, pwease?

Jak Snide

Re: Indeedle!

Unread postby Jak Snide » Tue Apr 08, 2003 2:41 pm

You have no idea how hard I laughed when I read that installment. XD

Kotoki

Unread postby Kotoki » Wed Apr 09, 2003 9:45 pm

I <3 LuffyRand. Ex spooning dee and all that.

ValkyrieShan

Unread postby ValkyrieShan » Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:16 pm

Your fic creates a brilliant atmosphere, and it's damn funny to boot! Go our Brit! :D!

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:41 pm

*Resolves to expose Shan to both Skies of Arcadia and the Sky Sailors RP* <p><div style="text-align:center">Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage</div></p>

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Apr 11, 2003 7:05 am

Pervy: When Shan and I are staying at Dia's, pop around with your 'Cube and SoAL.

Shan: Get reading. Image

ValkyrieShan

Unread postby ValkyrieShan » Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:02 am

OH MY FREAKING GAWD YES *gets to der reading*

And I do want to play that game. O_O

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:14 am

*eats the delicious donuts*

We might be able to convince Pervy to loan you his Cube for a few days, so you can play non stop and finish the game.

Or we could distract him with a group of Sakura cosplayers and give him a shovel. ^_^

ValkyrieShan

Unread postby ValkyrieShan » Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:39 am

... My doughnuts, bitch e_e

That would be oh-so-awesome. Although I think a better plan would be for you to distract him with a sex-change dance while I aways with the Cube =P

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:44 am

How come I have to do the dirty work? :{{{

ValkyrieShan

Unread postby ValkyrieShan » Fri Apr 11, 2003 8:54 am

Because it's my first time in the US so you all have to amuse me. Now dance!

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:10 am

Does it have to be a sex change dance? ;_;

ValkyrieShan

Unread postby ValkyrieShan » Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:29 am

Yes, because that's the only one I know.

Also: Sky Sailors is too damn long ;_; but I shall persist.

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:40 am

*does the sex-change dance since Shan is doing der reading*

e_e I'm Jaqueline now. Again. Happy?

ValkyrieShan

Unread postby ValkyrieShan » Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:46 am

^______^

YES

Jak Snide

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:48 am

Bitch ;_;

Also, should we stop spamming Cho's fic thread?

Choark

Unread postby Choark » Fri Apr 11, 2003 9:57 am

Why? Least this way that lazy git see's the thread and probably won't forget about it.

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:36 pm

I like the shovel idea. <p><div style="text-align:center">Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage</div></p>

Choark

Oh yeah, this

Unread postby Choark » Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:43 am

Jack was a backstabbing bastard. He had practiced years on the art of stabbing in the back, not just on people either as many believe the fine art should just be practiced on but on animals as well and, even though some may doubt his word, he found a way to backstab houses as well. It involved lots of knives.

He was the kind of man with a past that made you hate him. It seemed like he had no goodness in his soul ever. he murdered his own parents, just because. He pushed his brother off the edge of the island. He once even stabbed a man in santa claus outfit after getting the sweet you get for sitting on his knee. He was the most evil, creulest man you could perhaps think of.

Which is why, due to the (somtimes seemily not) fairness of the universe, Jack is about to die to save someone else. Though he didn't have much say in the matter, but then again, his victims never had much say in the matter of there deaths either.

His death began from a thud he heard just above him. A little overly causious, Jack the backstabbing bastard looked up, to see something crashing through some washinglines above him, ripping through the clothes. Because of all the ladies that lived in these blocks, and the fact that not just yesterday it rained and poured, there was an awful lot of washing out on the lines hung between each window.

Without any time to react the last thing Jack the backstabbing bastard saw before his death was two guys with poor taste in clothes asses.

Then he was dead.

-------

Rand and Evan picked themselves up and looked at each other. They then looked up at the sky to see where they had fallen from. Slowly, almost like each body was going through the same routine, they looked at each other again and pinced the other guy.

Both gave a small "ow".

They both stood and brushed themselves down and picked off ittle bits of a backstabbing bastard from there ass. Calmly, without saying anything, the two walked out of the street and headed to a more open area.

It was until a few good minutes later any of them even spoke.

"Coor, that was lucky wasnots its?" Which probably would have earned its place in the book of understatements, where such grand statements such as "Maybe we should of made more lifeboats for the titanic" reside, if people knew what he was on about.

After sitting down and having a little nervous laughter and getting the shock out of there systems Rand turned to Evan and had an almost serious look about him.

"Rights! I've decided and this cracks it!" He said firmly. Evan just knew he probably wasn't going to like this idea at all but he just lived through a one mile drop so was fairly open minded for the moment.

"What now?" He said, completely forgetting his fake accent.

"I's am going to becomes a captain!" He didn't flicker, there was no fault in his words and there certainly wasn't the normal goofy smile. It was much worse. He was serious.

Evan wondered if perhaps dying would have been the better option.

"With that decided I'm going to needs a crew! Obviously you'll be the fisherman and we'll need a cook as wells and probably some gunmen!"

"Hey! Wait! I've just lived through a rather horrible ordeal and was beginning to think of setlering down and relaxing and NOT going on any adventures so its a nice idea and all but I think I want to be left out of this one!" Evan said huridly, which was half true. Mostly however he just did not want to see Rand Ironfly the captain of a ship.

Rand looked at Evan and suddenly went into deep thought. His hand was across his chin and he really seemed to be thinking hard on something.

"No! No I've decided!" He stated firmly. "You're part of my crew!" And turned and started to walk away.

"Oy! Yar can't just go and make up someones elses mind! What do you mean you've decided!? Hey! come back!"

Evan ran after the annoying slummer turned pirate now turring captain. He had a nasty idea of where he was headed and she probably wouldn't be all to pleased to see them.

Jak Snide

Re: Oh yeah, this

Unread postby Jak Snide » Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:28 pm

OMG OMG foreshadowing! Who will the new cast member be?!

Also, poor Jack. :{{{

ALSO! Good stuff again mate, even if it needs a little spell checking. Made me laugh hard, that did.

Choark

A little bit while I'm thinking of this

Unread postby Choark » Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:58 am

The Crimson Glory Inn stood in the middle of the street. It was slowly becoming well known for its good meals and steady drink, and had become a good resting place for seaman wanting to enjoy themselves for a while. No real trouble was ever caused in there, but we'll come to why later.

The actual Inn itself was two old stone buildings knocked into one, with a single huge door running into it and many port hole type windows. On the roof, taking up some of second floor, and stretching out into the street was the remains of a ship that a few years ago crashed into those very buildings. The Crimson Glory. Now used as part of the Inn.

Lots of rumours have been told of how exactly it all happened but none have been confirmed in any way shape or form. What is known is the lady who runs the Inn was once the cook on the ship.

Right about now, inside the Inn, was the reason why many people consider the Crimson Glory Inn as the safest place in Bude.

A frying pan smashed into the wall with great force as Rand had ducked just in time so his head wasn't taken off. The woman who threw it was being held back by a rather large and curly haired woman who you would think would have no trouble holding her. You think wrong if ya did.

"RandIronflyHowDareYouSetFootIntoMyInnAgainAfter
WhatYouDidLastTime!!
IShouldKickYouOffTheEndOfThisIsland!!"

Rand dove out of the way as a cooking pot was hurled in his direction This one dug itself into the stone wall and didn't seem like it was going to move for some time.

"I's only borrowed a fews coins." Rand said as he made sure all his body parts were there. The last time Rand had been here he had wanted to raise a little money for a voyage, and it seemed he... borrowed... a few coins from the Inn.

Kysta's face showed she didn't really care for how much the slummer had borrowed, the fact she was aiming to kill should really have given Rand the hint.

"IHopeYouDidn'tComeHereLookingForanyFavours
CauseRandIronflyYou'reOutOfThem!!" Now taking a break from the violence and shouting, it is of note that each time Kysta said his name she said it in full. And it was said in a very strange telling off tone.

One might even make note the slummer Rand and the cook Kysta were wearing very similar rings. But then again, maybe you wouldn't.

Evan came to the Inn to find a cutting knife fly past his nose nad nearly take off the tip. Well either some drunk had come to the Inn or he had guessed right, and Rand had come here. He wondered if the guy had even got the chance to mention to her what Rand had decided to do yet.

And where was the crazy loon going to get the ship?
Or the rest of the crew?
Or the money to hire people?

Inside the Rand was dodging and weaving attacks as Kysta seemly threw an infinit supply of kitchen goods at him. He seemed to be going slowly over something.

"Looks, if ya just listen to me." The sentance was stopped repeatidly with him finding hiding spots under chairs or tables. "I gots the money back and more besides! And some guy is coming overs in a few days bringing an extra load of cash. Evan is here with some of the stuff toos! just calm and lets me talk ta ya."

here was a sudden stop in objects being thrown in his direction so the slummer thought he had managed to get through to Kysta. Standing up from under a table with a few knives imbedded into it, he saw he was wrong. Kysta had just taken a little longer to pick up the big bronze cooknig pot.

Too late to do anything the slummer caught the pot smack on the forehead and was sent crashing to the floor knocked out.

Evan stepped in when the action had finally settled down. "Yar, yous got a temper like a hurrican lass" he said to his old crew mate with a smile.

Ksyta didn't seem to find the humour in it as she stormed over to the man and was waving a wooden sppon at him in such a way Evan would had felt more conftable facing ten sailors with loaded pistols. "Don'tYouYarMeEvan!ItsHalfyourFaultthisLugeepsGoingOffOnThisDamnedTripsSoIfYou
'veComeHereForAFreeMealYou'llfindyourselfOnTheDtreet
OutsideHeadFirst!IsThatClear!?"

Evan nodded and gulped. My how little things chang over a few years.

------

Stopping there for now @_@ Wheeeeeeeee!!

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=choark>Choark</A]&nbsp; Image at: 4/25/03 10:00:48 am

Uncle Pervy

Re: A little bit while I'm thinking of this

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:51 am

I missed the last installment.

Thus... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Also, imagining Krysta as large and thus presumably growed up is quite funny Image <p><div style="text-align:center">Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage</div></p>

Jak Snide

Re: A little bit while I'm thinking of this

Unread postby Jak Snide » Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:40 pm

*cackles insanely*

Cho, you bastard. Stop making me laugh so hard. :{{{

Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 6/11/05 17:51

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings