Garmr vs. Cerberus

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

Lady Freya Vanir

Garmr vs. Cerberus

Unread postby Lady Freya Vanir » Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:50 pm

The setting is the Underworld. A vast cave of death and sorrow. Were pools of fires burn the souls of the wicked. A prison so huge that it takes to keepers to tend to it. Hades, as he was known, was the first keeper. An intelligent man known for his power and mercy toward those who he deemed so. Than there was Hel, the second keeper. She was less merciful than Hades, and severly punished anyone who tried to escape to tourtures of the Underworld.

Not only were there two keepers, but there were two beasts who made sure to capture any escapee- and kill them.

One day Hel walked into Hades' territory. She began to complain how Cerberus was to Merciful to escapees...

"They should be destroyed on sight!!"

She hollered at Hades as he sat calmy drinking a cup of wine. Hel slammed on his desk (which was made of bones).

"Don't just sit there and sip your wine! Something must be done about Cerberus!! He is a weakling and must be taken care of..."

Hades calmly set down his cup and looked at Hel. He leaned back in his chair (also made out of bones). He pulled back his long, flowing, dark black hair and adjusted his cufflings.

"Cerberus is doing a fine job...."

Hades said calmy. Hel became enraged at his answer.

"No he is not!!! A weak beast like Cerberus should be put down!! And if you don't I will have Garmr do it!!"

Hel stormed off in a rage. Hades sat back aand pondered her threat.

"*thinking* It is not Hel I am worried about...it is Garmr....Cerberus seems to have befriended it..."

Elsewhere Garmr and Cerberus scouted their respective areas, oblivious to the keepers arguments. The Souls of the dead could be heard wailing, as one of them tried to escape across the river of souls, back to the overworld. The condemed one ran as fast as he could to try and make it to Chiron, so that Chiron may row him across the river back from whence he came....

To be continued......Image <p>"I am the beautiful warrior goddess, look at me the wrong way, and I just might miss my target..."
-Freya Vanir
</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ladyfreyavanir>Lady] at: 3/29/03 5:52:05 pm

Lady Freya Vanir

Re: Garmr vs. Cerberus

Unread postby Lady Freya Vanir » Sat Mar 29, 2003 9:26 pm

A strange Shadow figure floated toward Cerberus.

"Go Cerberus, retreive it..."

The shadow said pointing his rotting wooden staff toward the escapee. In one leap Cerberus caught up to the escaping Soul. Cerberus middle head grabbed the sould rusting chains which embounded his lifeless Soul.

"Please...heave mercy on me..."

The Soul bellowed. Cerberus carried the soul of to Hades so it may recive its punishment. Hades watched as Ceberus trotted over with the Soul.

" What has he done?"

Hades asked calmly as he slowly walked over toward Cerberus. Hades examined the rusting chains and shackles which bounded the man's Soul.

"...a Murder..."

He said yanking the chain. Cerberus dropped the Soul in front of Hades.

"Please have mercy my Lord..."

The Soul bowed to Hades as he begged, with his chains rattled with fear. Hades gently placed his hand onto the Soul's head.

"Let me see...the Pit..or back to the molten fields...."

Hades looked to Cerberus.

"Send him to the Pit, add ten to his suffering."

Cerberus' middle head grabbed onto the Soul's chains and dragged it away.

"Thank you Lord..."

Cerberus threw the Soul down what seem to be a black and endless pit. Hades sat back in his chair and resumed sipping on his wine. On the other side of the Underworld Garmr was busy scouting his area. Once again the souls began to wail.

"Get it Garmr..."

Hel ordered. Garmr runs off in serch of the escapee.....

To be continued......Image <p>"I am the beautiful warrior goddess, look at me the wrong way, and I just might miss my target..."
-Freya Vanir
</p>

Lady Freya Vanir

Unread postby Lady Freya Vanir » Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:25 pm

Garmr was the blackest furred beast in the underworld. His huge fangs can crush anything in a instant...and anyone that has been gaurded by Garmr can recall how he'd destroy his victims in a single attack. This is why many who are under his watch dare not to escape, but the few who are foolish enough to escape...

Garmr runs after the escapee. He opened his huge mouth, revealing a mouth of dagger like fangs. In one try Garmr swallows up the escapee.

"Good job Garmr..."

Hel chortled wickedly.

"...A better job than that Cerberus could ever do."

Garmr did not understand this comment. Cerberus does the same exact duty..and recieves the same exact praise. What made him better? Garmr just took the praise and left to continue his scouting.

Hel praise echoed in Garmr's mind. What made him better than Cerberus? If he was so much better, why didn't he get to scout all the Underworld. These thoughts pestered Garmr for the rest of the shift. He went to rest by his bone pile, as he was continuously plauged by the thought. He finally decided to confront Cerberus about the praise he was given...

-Freya Vanir
</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ladyfreyavanir>Lady] at: 3/30/03 6:40:28 pm

Lady Freya Vanir

Unread postby Lady Freya Vanir » Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:38 pm

"Cerberus..."

Garmr's husk voice called to the sleeping guard. Cerberus left head looked up at the sound of his name; followed by the middle, and right head.

"Yes?"

The three heads echoed.

"Mother Hel said that I do a beter job than you. If I'm doing such a good job, than we do not need you down here...."

Cerberus stared blankly at Garmr. The three heads looked at each other and began barking comments toward one another. They grinned at each other and than looked at Garmr.

"Do you really believe you are better than me?"

The three heads echoed to Garmr. Garmr looked at Cerberus with a shocked expression.

"And what makes you believe I'm not?"

Garmr growled. Cerberus rose before Garmr. The three headed beast towered over the Garmr. Garmr grinned showing his sharp fangs.

"Do you really think Mother Hel would say you are better when you are not?"

Garmr cackled as he took a defencive stance.

"Because Father Hades is true Alpha of this world which makes me next in power!!"

"Do you really believe I will let you!!!"

Garmr let out a vicious roar.

"We shall see Garmr!!!"

Cerberus roared as he lunged at Garmr....

To be continued.....Image <p>"I am the beautiful warrior goddess, look at me the wrong way, and I just might miss my target..."
-Freya Vanir
</p>

Lady Freya Vanir

Unread postby Lady Freya Vanir » Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:09 pm

"Do you believe you can defeat me!?!"

Garmr roared jumping from Cerberus' attack- gaving Cerberus a good kick to the ribs, making Cerberus roar in pain. Cerberus' left head goes for Garmr's leg. Garmr roars and slahes Cerberus' center and right heads.

The fight slowly became more voilent. Less and less they would bite each other and more and more they would use deadly energy attacks with shot from their mouths.

It seemed Cerberus had the upper hand with three heads. After hours of fighting Garmr was on his belly, struggling to get up.

"Well, well Garmr...It seems that we are superior Alphas..."

Cerberus grinned as he walked toward the wounded beast.

"You will pay dearly for challenging me..."

The middle head began to charge another energy attack...aimed directly at Garmr's head......

To be continued.....Image <p>"I am the beautiful warrior goddess, look at me the wrong way, and I just might miss my target..."
-Freya Vanir
</p>

Lady Freya Vanir

Unread postby Lady Freya Vanir » Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:54 pm

Cerberus fired! Garmr quickly rolled out of the way and fired an energy beam at Cerberus' middle head.

"ARHG!!!"

Cerberus began to wildly bite at the air.

"What is wrong Cerberus? Did I hit you too hard? Do not worry...the next one will hurt much more...."

Garmr backed a few incehes away. His black fur stood on end.

"You will be kill and used as my meat...."

Garmr began to charge another attack. He blasted the hyper charged black beam straight at Cerberus middle head. Cerberus continued to bop around, which in turn forced the attack to miss its target. The Blast shot through side, ripping through his chest cavity.

"RRAGHHHHH!!!!"

Cerberus waas shot across the sky, and crashed through a rock wall.

"hehehehe."

Garmr chuckled evilly as he walked toward Cerberus body, which was completely covered by rubble.

"I will finish you..."

-Freya Vanir
</p>

Lady Freya Vanir

Unread postby Lady Freya Vanir » Sun Apr 06, 2003 4:08 pm

Garmr fired and incinerated the pile of rubble.

"hehehe..."

He laughed as he began to dig through the rubble and continued firing short, powerful blasts. He finally dug his way to the bottom. There was no trace of Cerberus, but some ashes.

"Hahahahahaha. Cremation for dear, dear Cerberus...hahahahahahaha. I hope you died quickly!!!!"

"Not as fast as you..."

"What the...."

Garmr turns in the direction of the barks.

"RAHHHHHH!!!'

Garmr was slammed into a wall by Cerberus' fireball. Garmr struggled to get to his feet, but was slammed further into the wall by another attack.

"What's wrong Garmr?"

Cerberus' middle head continued firing as he walked toward Garmr. The right head began blasting Cerberus with attacks.

"You boast far to much..."

Garmr's fur began to singe from the constant attacks. Garmr tried to run, but he wasn't quick enough...

"Where are you going?"

Cerberus' left head bite into Garmr's leg as the other two heads continued to brutally attack him. Cerberus bite deeply into the leg, crushing it. Garmr let out a scream of pain as he flet the bone crack in several places in his leg.

"You're demise will come quickly Garmr...."

-Freya Vanir
</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ladyfreyavanir>Lady] at: 4/6/03 4:51:50 pm

Lady Freya Vanir

Unread postby Lady Freya Vanir » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:13 pm

"DOOM to all who defy the one I call me...."

Cerberus lowered himself toward Garmr....

"Die- you festering leech..."

Cerbers grabs Garmr by the neck- with his teeth. He bites down...snapping Garmr's neck. Garmr's lifeless body falls to the floor. Cerberus cocke his head up and kicked up dust over Garmr's body.

"Never again will you challage the power of this Hound...."

Cerberus walked away with pride.

During their battle many soul escaped into the overworld and began reeking havoc. Possessing body and mutilating mortals.......The end has come, not by man, not from space...but the very place many go after their lives have been lived.....

There is a moral to this story:
Never let pride go before your work- it will only mean you're end...if you work for the dead....Image

~FIN~ <p>"I am the beautiful warrior goddess, look at me the wrong way, and I just might miss my target..."
-Freya Vanir
</p>

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Fri Apr 11, 2003 3:04 pm

Alright, since Pervy's been bothering me to give critiques...

Okay. To be perfectly honest, all in all, I didn't really like this fic.

You've got a great story idea, but...it's missing a lot.

"The Setting Is the Underworld". ....This could be done better. Like, y'know, something about brimstone, fire, just make it more descriptive.

You're falling into the same trap I do, writing movie scripts.

You knew, from the start, that Cerberus was going to totally and utterly annihilate Gremr.

Hel wasn't given any real character development...hell, there wasn't any char development in this. This entire story was almost DBZish

Cerberus: Rawr I'm kinda nice
Gremr: Rawr I pwn j00
Cerberus: *pwns Gremr*
Both: *lose*

The soul thing came completely out of the blue. Perhaps there could have been souls escaping throughout the battle. I think, personally, Hel or Hades should have told Cerberus what happened. All in all, that part just needed a lot more foreshadowing.

It was a good idea, but it needs a lot of work. 2/5 stars. <p><Chat> <Matto says, "What's up?"
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Angst."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Drama."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Betrayal."
<Chat> <Prince_Herb says, "Plushies."</p>

Lady Freya Vanir

Unread postby Lady Freya Vanir » Sat Apr 12, 2003 3:19 pm

Duley noted. I was kinda writting as the words popped into my head, so since I know all about Garmr and Cerberus, and all that junk..I kinda typed without fully thinking evey little detail out.

o.o OMG...It was DBZish...*slaps forehead*

Image <p>"I am the beautiful warrior goddess, look at me the wrong way, and I just might miss my target..."
-Freya Vanir
</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 6/11/05 17:48

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings