Final Fantasy VII fanfic: A Lost Soul

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

Lady Freya Vanir

Final Fantasy VII fanfic: A Lost Soul

Unread postby Lady Freya Vanir » Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:05 pm

A Lost Soul part I
Returned of the One Winged Angel

In a vast pool of emptiness swirls of sparkling light shimmered across its endless void. The light was sea green, and moved side to side like the never-ending waves along the coast of a beach. Falling into the void was a tall man. His battle-torn black cloak flowed in the opposite direction of his descent. The glittering light of the void brushed across his soft, long, gray hair. He slowly continued to descend. Deeper and deeper into the void he fell.

'Sephiroth.' A distant voice called.

The voice was soft and whispered across the vastness surrounding his body. His eyes slowly opened, but the void’s intensity forced them shut again.

'Sephiroth. Awaken!'

Sephiroth's eyes adjusted to the light, and he slowly opened them.

"Where am I?"

Sephiroth tried to reposition himself, but failed. He continued to try, and try. He wriggled violently, but to no avail, his body was numb - no feeling what so ever.

'Sephiroth!' The voice called again.

The voice was very soft, and somewhat comforting to Sephiroth. He couldn't put his finger on it, but he could almost swear he's heard this voice before. Spehiroth's body gradually began to cease its descent. It finally stopped, but seemed to float where it laid to rest.

"M-mother?" Sephiroth muttered under his breath; unaware of where he was and what had happened.

'What's wrong my son?'

"I can't move." He answered regaining some consciousness.

'Relax. If you struggle, the Lifestream will only tighten its grip on your body.'

"Lifestream?" He thought to himself looking to his left and right only to see the bright blue-green coloration of the stream.

"How did I get here?" His asked struggling to sit himself up.

'You fell. '

"Where is Jenova? Cloud!?" Sephiroth exclaimed realizing what had happened.

A vicious one on one battle had ensued between Cloud and himself in spirit; one final battle to prove the fate of the Planet.

"Cloud! Where is he!?" Sephiroth fell to his knees with a groan.

'My son, relax! The Lifestream grips harder the more you struggle against it.'

"You. Who are you?" He looked up waiting for an answer.

After a period of silence the voice finally answered.

'I am Lucrecia. Mother of Sephiroth.'

"Impossible!" Sephiroth said with a sneer.

"Jenova is my mother!!" Again the Lifestream took its toll and placed a painless pressure on Sephiroth's body causing him to fall to his knee.

"W-who are you?" he asked struggling to his feet.

'Your mother. Jenova... she is not,'

"Silence!" he commanded struggling to stay his feet.

"Jenova is my mother."

'No Sephiroth, Hojo lied to you.'

Sephiroth looked up, "How do you know Hojo?" His expression suddenly changed to fear.

'Hojo was your father...and I your mother.'

"No, no,no!!" Sephiroth fell to his knees covering his ears.

"It is not true! It...can't be..."

'It is true. Hojo just used us. He used us for his...'

"No!" Sephiroth yelled with anger.

"It is a lie! You speak nothing but lies!!"

Sephiroth couldn’t bear to hear what he has tried to erase from his memory. Ever since he read those books in the basement laboratory, he refused to believe the truth, and in an unconscious effort…no in an effort to hide the truth- he created his own theory of his being. He was unable to handle all the horrible things one man could do, although now he does.

Afraid to hear what she had to say he started to run. He ran deep into the Lifestream's void, neither coming nor going. Just running.

'Sephiroth wait!' Lucrecia called.

As Sephiroth ran he felt somewhat of a breeze flow by. As he slowed down he looked ahead of him. He watched a corner of the void. He watched as a ghostly figure began to materialize before him. The figure was of a young woman. She wore a flowing white dress with a pink sash wrapped around her waist. Her brown hair was tied in a ponytail and two familiar looking bangs ran down the sides of her cheek.

"Aerith?" Sephiroth gasped, but with a second look he realized it wasn't.

"No. Not Aerith. Who are you? Identify yourself." He commanded.

'I am Lucrecia.' She answered with a warm smile running across her face.

"Explain yourself. Why do you claim to be my mother?"

'Because I am.'

"But how?"

'Long ago: when I was young- I fell in love with a brilliant man. His name was Hojo.'

"But that's impossible. I have Jenova's blood flowing with in me. I am a Cetra."

‘No, it may be true you have Jenova’s blood running in your veins, but you also Mako and my blood flowing within you. Jenova was not a true Cetra. She was a parasite to the Planet, but I am a Cetra, One of the Ancients born from the Planet, to protect the Planet. '

"But how can Hojo do something like that knowing that I was his son?"

'Hojo only cared about his experiments. I found out his true intensions, but it was to late. My body had grown weak after all the Mako/Jenova treatments, and I...'

"But how could you let him something like that to your body!? Knowing that he didn’t love you!?!" Sephiroth shouted and fell to his knees.

Lucrecia walked to her son's side.

'Hojo had me convinced that he was doing it for the better of the Planet and that he loved me, but they were all lies! All lies!'

Lucrecia placed her face on Sephiroth's shoulder and began to cry. For the first time in all his life...Sephiroth felt remorse for what he has done. Raised as a SOLDIER all he knew was suffering. Trained to resist all emotion, all feelings. Feelings are unnecessary in a killing machine, and that’s all SOLDIERs did- kill… He placed his hand on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry...mother." He gently stroked her hair as she cried.

'The Planet is planning to destroy you. You must find a way to find forgiveness.'

Sephiroth looked away. He remembered what he had done...to Aerith, Cloud, and the Planet. He burned Nibelheim to the ground, a town of innocent people. He sought revenge against the humans, for what they took from the Cetra. He took it into his own hands and released the most powerful planet destroying force…the Weapons. He even took the life of an innocent Ancient woman. He was doing what he was created to do…He became what he was created from: a parasite.

"I cannot be forgiven." Lucrecia looks up and wipes her tears.

"I have caused much pain and deserved to be punished. I have done what Hojo has created me for, and I must pay the ultimate price.”

'You can't mean that!'

"Yes!" He pulled away from her grasp and began walking away.

As he walked he could hear Lucrecia's voice fade further and further away as she called for him. He walked the endless void of the Lifestream, and unconscious to him, a small and insignificant tear ran down his cheek.

"I deserve my fate." He thought to himself as he walked.

"Why should it matter to her what I do? I was born of Jenova, and nothing can change my mind."

"Oh really?" A voice came from out of nowhere.

"Who said that!?" Sephiroth spun around ready to unsheathe his sword.

Reaching to his side he realizes his sword is gone.

"The Masamune! Where is it!?"

"Ah, ah, ah. There are no weapons in the Lifestream."

"Who's there!? Show yourself!!" He demanded.

A silhouette of a woman appeared behind him. He quickly turned, readying for an attack. The silhouette became clearer and clearer.

"Aerith?" He said glaring at the woman.

"Hiya!" Aerith stood there; smiling wearing her long pink dress and her red vest, which complemented her attire.

"What!?” He stared at her for a moment. Even after what he did to her she stood there…smiling.

“Stop acting so..."

"Chipper? Happy? Easy going?"

"Okay, I get it." Sephiroth scoffed and turned his back to her.

"Aww. What's wrong Sephy?" Aerith said as she neared him. He turned around and pointed at her in anger.

"Stay away from me!!! And it is Sephiroth to you!!"

"What are you king?" Sephiroth stayed quiet a moment.

"If I would of had my way...yes."

"Come on! Don't be a wet blanket. All that matters is that you’re down here with me and we can talk things out."

The way Aerith said the last three words could even make a Behemoth lose its color. Sephiroth looked off a minute; thinking.

"Umm, no. Wait didn't I...Aren’t you…" Sephiroth was interrupted by Aerith's giggle.

He looks around. Nothing to laugh at except an empty void.

"What is so funny?" He asked scratching his shoulder.

An expression ran across her face, as if she had just thought of something truly cruel to do to Sephiroth for killing her. He took a step back; afraid of what she can do to him in the Lifestream. As he did he felt a strange bulge under his cloak, and the itch began to run down his back. He frantically scratched at it, but the itch, and bulge, just got bigger and bigger. He pulled off his cloak and with his surprise a large black Angel wing had sprouted on his back.

"What is this!?"

"It's your prize." Aerith said laughing.

"Prize for what?" Sephiroth said becoming frustrated.

"Well, you killed me, and you got that wing."

"How can I make it go away?" He asked as he struggled to pull it off.

"You can't."

"Ow!" He shouted in pain.

"Why!?"

"It is your punishment from the Planet, and from me; one wing…for the Angel of Death. I hope you’re pleased with yourself, trying to destroy what gave life to you, and destroying what the Planet gave life to."

Aerith turned away. A rush of guilt, something he had never felt, streamed through him.

"W-wait!" Sephiroth called to her. She stopped and slightly turned an ear toward him.

"I-I..."

Thoughts raced across his mind as he tried to think of what to say. There was one thought, though, that continuously kept popping up.

"I apologize." Aerith completely turned around, and in total shock.

"I was unclear of my birth, life, and purpose, and it is because of this I acted out the way I did: with fear, and hate. I acted on what I was created for, rather than what I wanted to do- than what I thought right."

Sephiroth began to understand what his life was all about- what he should of done with it. As he spoke those words to Aerith he understood what Cloud and his friends tried to explain to him. Never had his heart felt so free, nor his mind so clear. Aerith slowly walked toward him. She wrapped her arms around him. At first Sephiroth wanted to pull away from this unknown form of affection, but as he felt the warmth of the Lifestream flowing within her, he relaxed and let go of any other thoughts.

"Sephy..." Aerith whispered. Sephiroth tried to ignore the fact she was still calling him 'Sephy', and answered.

"Yes."

"The Planet has promised to return you." He gently pulled himself away from her.

"But why? Why doesn’t the Planet just send you back? You are more deserving than I."

"That isn't true. Everyone deserves a second chance. And as for me…my time to return will be soon, but not now. Do me a favor though. Tell Cloud and the other's I'll be returning soon."

"But..."

"Tell him." Sephiroth nodded.

Aerith placed her hands on Sephiroth's cheeks.

"From this day on: you are no longer a lost soul. You know your purpose, and you must fulfill it."

Sephiroth smiled...for the first time in his lonely life he felt a smile run across his face. Not a cruel smile- a happy one, and he knew exactly where he belonged.

"I promise to fulfill my life."

A flash of white light blinds Sephiroth, and in a reflexive response he placed his arms in his face to protect his eyes. He slowly moved his arms from his eyes, and found himself in a field of grass. The Masamune was back at his side, and his flowing black cloak in one piece. The black Angel wing sat on his back on the outside of his cloak. He looked up to the blue sky. The white clouds slowly moved in the direction of the wind.

"You must walk the land with your symbol of darkness.” He heard Aerith say to him from deep with in his soul.

“ You will be shun by many- maybe even attacked. Even so...you must prevail. Prove to the Planet you are who you were born as, not created to be."

"I will Aerith. I will walk the Planet. Testing the Hearts and Spirits of others...for the Planet, not against it. I am the One Winged Angel, I will pursue my destiny with the up most vigor."

With a mission to fulfill Sephiroth walked across the fields of the Nibel...

<p>"I am the beautiful warrior goddess, look at me the wrong way, and I just might miss my target..."
-Freya Vanir
</p>Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=ladyfreyavanir>Lady] at: 3/8/03 9:06:18 pm

Lady Freya Vanir

Re: Final Fantasy VII fanfic: A Lost Soul

Unread postby Lady Freya Vanir » Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:40 pm

A Lost Soul part II

It had been two years after the battle against Sephiroth and Jenova. Everyone had gone their separate ways and continued with their lives. Once and a while they would get together to talk about all the great times they had, and even the struggles of losing a friend. Cloud and Tifa went back home to Nibelheim, and got married a year after the battle at the Northern Crater. With the Shinra gone all of the ‘actors’ in the town left to find a new type of life: one that belonged to them not to someone else. Even though happy to have their home back, Cloud and Tifa rarely spent time there. Tifa bartends in the Shildra Inn in Casmo Canyon, and Cloud still does mercenary work; traveling around the Midgar, and West continents and the Mideel Archipelago.

Cid works with Shera in the Rocket Launch Pad area working on the space program. North Corel, with the help of many former Shinra employees, is on its way back to coal mining town it once was. Barret and Marlene live together in the town as one big happy family. Red XIII tries his hardest to protect Cosmo Canyon as his father did long ago. Reeve, along with Cait Sith, help the people still living in Midgar cope with all the changes. Yuffie is back home at Wutai, rebuilding a clan of Shinobi lost long ago in the midst of war. It is unknown what happened to Vincent, though, after the battle he disappeared never heard from again, and as for the BLACK Materia… it was lost: never to be used for evil again.

Cloud enters the Shildra Inn. He’s just returning from a mission. This last mission has taken his nearly a month to complete, and has worn him out. “Hey Cloud.” Tifa smiled at him. Cloud stood in the doorway of the Inn; his hand on the handle of the enormous Buster Sword, which was sheathed on his back, standing in his cocky position. When Cloud would go out to missions he would wear his old SOLDIER uniform, so he could be at his best.

“Cloud, you look like you were in a mud fight with a Chicobo.” She said looking at his soiled uniform.

“As a matter of fact…” He began, as he walked over to the bar counter.

Cloud looks lowers his head and sighs.

“I stopped by the Ranch to breed this pair of Chocobos I just got, it was apart of the reward some Gillionaire gave me.”

“Did you get some gil?” She interrupted.

“Yeah, about 40,000, and along with these two supposedly ‘rare’ Chocos. Anyway…”

He started again,

“I went to the Ranch to breed the two, and one of my newest Chicobos had escaped from its pen. I had to chase it around the barn. It took me, Chole, and Billy nearly an hour to catch it.”

“Well that’s good.” Tifa giggled as she poured Cloud a drink.

“How so?” Cloud grabbed the drink peering at her.

“Well now you know that Chicobo will grow up to be a great runner. Maybe you can train it some and get some gil at the races.”

Cloud smirks,

“Hey, not a bad idea.” Cloud finishes his drink and heads out.

“I’ll be waiting for you in the observatory when you’re done.” He said sarcastically waving his hand ‘bye’.

Cloud waited in the observatory; leaning against the wall with his eyes closed. Tifa quietly made her way up the ladder. She tiptoed to Cloud and planted a kiss on his cheek. He opens an eye.

“What was that for?”

“You looked so cute standing there. I couldn’t resist.”

The couple stayed silent a moment.

“Cloud…she’ll come back. She promised she would.”

Cloud looked Tifa in the eyes.

“Sometimes I get lost in your eyes…there so deep and full…”

“Oh, Cloud!” Tifa playfully hits him on the shoulder.

“What?” He grinned acting innocent.

“You know you want her to come back.” Tifa smiled.

“You’re not getting jealous are you?”

Tifa turns red.

“Why would I ever!?” She pouts and turns her head.

“You are, aren’t you?” Cloud puts his hands on her shoulders.

“Please.” She pulls away and climbs down the ladder.

Cloud slid down after her.

“Come on Tifa. It was a joke.”

Tifa leans forward to placing her hands behind her back.

“Really?” She said with an evil grin.

“I think a Cloud sleeping at his place is a funnier joke.”

Tifa ran off smiling. Cloud stared off a moment.

“Tifa!!” he ran off after her.

Cloud and Tifa rode back home to Nibelheim on a Gold Chocobo. They dismounted the Choco and walk through the gates. An eerie chill rushed over the both of them. Something wasn’t right. It was too quiet…even the town’s dog wasn’t barking. Cloud unsheathes his sword. Tifa stood ready with her hands positioned near her face. Cloud looked over to the well. A looked of shock poured over his expression, and he gripped his sword tighter. Tifa looked at Cloud’s face.

“What’s wrong?” She whispered and looked into the direction he faced.

As soon as she did the same look ran across her face. In front of the well stood a man of pure evil. Tall, dark, and despised by the Planet…

“Sephiroth…” Cloud growled.

Sephiroth turned at the sound of his name. His long black cape and gray hair blew in the gentle breeze. He stood with his arms crossed over his chest, and with the black Angel wing folded on his back; adding to his dark and mysterious persona. He peered at Cloud, almost as if he was reading him. Peering into his deep Mako blue eyes. Sephiroth’s wing shot open, and Cloud charged toward him in a blind rage. Sephiroth unsheathed the Masamune, as Cloud madly struck at him with the Buster Sword, but Sephiroth easily deflected each and every attack.

All Tifa could do was watch as Cloud fought furiously against the dark man. Cloud jumped backward a few feet. He held his sword in the air. It began glowing, and swirls of wind began to from around Cloud’s body. As the swirls of wind grew larger he pulled his sword back and slashed across the air; releasing the gathered energy for his ‘Finishing Touch’ attack.

Sephiroth watched as the hurricane of energy rushed toward him. He looked down to the ground and, with sonic speed, slashed at the on coming attack- nullifying it on contact. Cloud staggers backward.

“H-how could you stop that attack?”

Sephiroth just continued to look down, not saying a word.

“Answer me D**** it!” Cloud charges, sword forward, and eyes burning with anger.

“Cloud, no!” Tifa yelled at her enraged lover, but in vain. Cloud is lost in rage: seeing and hearing nothing.

“Enough.” Sephiroth finally said.

He throws Cloud with a wave of his hand. Cloud skidded along the ground all the way back to where Tifa stood. She knelt by Cloud’s side.

“Are you okay?” She asked helping him sit up.

Cloud wipes his face with his arm.

“Are you ready to listen?” Sephiroth said with a calm and quiet voice.

“Why would I listen to a monster like you!?” Cloud stood with his sword in hand.

“I bring a message.” Sephiroth said looking into Cloud’s eyes.

“What?” Cloud sneered slightly lowering his sword.

“Aerith is to return. You must find her and bring her back to her rightful place.” Sephiroth turned away and jumped into the air.

“Wait!” Cloud yelled.

He dropped his sword behind him reaching into the sky. Sephiroth turned, levitating a few feet above them. Cloud fell to his knees and lowered his head.

“Where is she?”

“She is far away…not in this world.”

With that Sephiroth flew off. Tifa walked over to his side. Cloud stood and looked at Tifa. His expression told her he had to go, and her’s answered back with a come home together look. Cloud wrapped his arms around Tifa.

“Goodbye…” Cloud pulled away.

Tifa had begun to cry.

“It’s only goodbye if you’re not coming back.”

She smiled and gave Cloud a farewell kiss. He placed his Buster Sword on his back and headed out of the town. Tifa watched as he mounted his Chocobo and rode off.

“You better come back home with her.”

She thought to herself as she clutched her hands at her heart.

<p>"I am the beautiful warrior goddess, look at me the wrong way, and I just might miss my target..."
-Freya Vanir
</p>

Lady Freya Vanir

Re: Final Fantasy VII fanfic: A Lost Soul

Unread postby Lady Freya Vanir » Fri Mar 14, 2003 6:20 pm

A Lost Soul part III

There was a quiet breeze as Cloud rode across the Gonganga area, toward Cosmo Canyon. As he neared the Canyon, the sun began to set, and across the heavenly sky magnitudes of colors began to appear. The red, yellow, and orange flickered against the stars. It reminded Cloud how Red XIII’s flame tipped tail would look like, when he’s in the heat of battle. Cloud watched as the sun slowly made its way into the horizon; where it will rest until the coming of the next day.

Cloud rode all the way to Costa del Sol. He sat at the local bar pondering his next destination. Will he stop at the Icicle area to get some idea as to where Aerith might be…or will he head to the Temple of the Ancients. No matter how much he searched trough his mind for the answer, he kept on coming up blank. He slammed his hand on the bar counter.

“Hey what’s wrong buddy?” Mukki walked up in his bathing suit and patted Cloud on the back.

Cloud shuddered when Mukki touched him. Cloud just scoffed and turned his head.

“Aww come on buddy. You can tell ol’ Mukki.”

Cloud looked up in disgust. After realizing Mukki wasn’t hitting on him, and only looking for a friendly conversation Cloud sighed and gave in.

“See,” he started,

“There’s this friend I met a long time ago. One day they sacrificed themselves to save me.”

“So you think they’re still alive somewhere.” Cloud looked up to Mukki.

“Yeah…but the craziest part is that…” Cloud paused.

“What?” Mukki smiled while leaning on the counter.

Cloud cringed at the sight of Mukki in that skimpy orange bikini.

“Well it’s all supernatural ya’ know.” Cloud said clearing his throat.

“Oh I know.” Mukki smiled.

“The Planet right? And all that spirits returning to the Planet.”

Cloud stared in awe.

“I went to Cosmo Canyon.” Mukki smiled again.

“Man you scare me sometimes. With many other reasons at hand.” Cloud whispered under his breath.

“I like you Buddy!” Mukki laughed slapping Cloud hard on the back.

“I wonder why…” He whispered,

“Well Mukki, it so happens that this friend is still alive- thanks to a miracle of the Planet. The problem is to use the one clue I have to find them.”

“What’s the clue?”

“That they’re far away…and not in this world.” Cloud sighs and lowers his head.

“Outer Space.” Cloud looks up to Mukki.

“What did you say?”

“Outer Space. Isn’t that Cid pilot launching his rocket tomorrow?”

“What!?” Cloud slammed his hands on the counter.

“Yep.” Mukki replied with a grin.

“Thanks Mukki…” Cloud grabbed his sword and as he made it to the door Mukki yelled,

“See ya later Buddy.”

Cloud cringed, but swallowed his pride.

“Later Mukki.”

“Nice boy that Cloud.”

“You know him?” One of Mukki’s friends asked.

“Yeah…we met in the Wall Market, at the Honey Bee Inn…”

Cloud jumped onto the Chocobo. He gripped the reigns and kicked its sides. Cloud raced to the Rocket Launch Pad area; his blonde spike hair flowing back in the wind. As Cloud reached the town’s entrance he pulled the reigns back, stopping the Chocobo in it tracks. With one thing in mind Cloud charged toward Cid’s house.

“Cid!” Cloud yelled bursting through the front door.

“Dang man, don’t ya know how to knock? What are you doing here this late anyway?”

“Not now Cid, I need…did you say ‘Dang’?” Cloud asked wide-eyed.

“…Yes, yes I did. What’s it to you numbskull?” Cid gruffly replied.

“Never mind…everything’s out of whack today.”

“What do ya mean?” Cid asked lighting a cigarette.

“Well to put it simply, Sephiroth returned and,”

“WHAT!?!” Cid interrupted with a shout,

“What do you mean ‘Sephiroth’s back!?”

“Yeah,” Cloud calmly replied.

“But he didn’t come back to get revenge.”

Cid fell back into a chair and listened to Cloud with an inattentive look on his face.

“He had a Black Angel wing on his left shoulder.”

Cloud continued,

“And he told me…” He paused, and lowered his head: unable to comprehend what even he was saying.

“Come on!” Cid yelled impatiently.

“What he tell ya!?”

Cloud looked up to Cid.

“He told me Aerith was coming back.”

Cid’s mouth fell open; his cigarette falls to the floor.

“And you believed him!?”

He shot up from the chair and stamped his foot.

“Come on Cloud! Your expression’s tellin’ me you believed that lying son-of-a-snake!”

Cloud stared at Cid.

“Wow Cid, a whole sentence?”

Cloud averted from the conversation. Cid looked at Cloud for a moment.

“Wait? What do you mean?” Cid was confused, but than it hit him.

“You little…I’m trying hard not to swear, and you ain’t making it any easier!!”

Cid turned red with anger.

“Sorry, but it’s very becoming of you Cid.” Cloud teased.

“Shut up Cloud…forget about me- what about Sephiroth? What that louse say about the poor girl?”

“Well he said she’s coming back.” Cloud looked out the window, and frowned.

“I believed him.” Cloud turns back to Cid.

“Cid he wouldn’t even fight me back.”

“You attacked him?” Cid rubbed the fallen cigarette with his boot.

He walked up to Cloud, with an almost concerned look.

“What’s wrong with you!?!”

Cid hits him on the shoulder.

“You idiot, he could have killed you if you were by yourself!”

“Cid you have to help me.” Cloud said in a low voice.

“Sephiroth said Aerith was coming back, but not on this world. I need your rocket. I have to find her.”

Cid put his hands on Cloud’s shoulders.

“You know I won’t let no one fly my baby but me…so I’m going with you.”

Cloud looked up.

“Really?”

“Hey, one numbskull ain’t enough, now two: there’s a recipe for a rescue.”

“Thanks Cid.”

Cid gleamed proudly as he lit another cigarette.

“Well let’s prepare than.”

Cloud said walking out the door with Cid following him. Cloud suddenly stopped and turned around.

“What’s wrong?” Cid asked confused.

Cloud pulled the cigarette from his mouth.

“Smoking is bad for you.” He stamped out the cigarette.

“What am I supposed to do than!?” Cid yelled in a rage.

“Chew wheat…” Cloud leaves.

“Man, that never works.” Cid scoffed locking the door behind him.

As Cloud and Cid readied for their trip into space, elsewhere, Sephiroth readied for his journey. Sephiroth calmly sat in the flow of the Lifestream. Eyes closed; he sat listening to the Planet.

“Can you hear it Sephy?” Aerith asked as she sat by his side.

“Yes. I have never heard this before. Why is that?”

“It is because you were born from the cells of Jenova. She was a parasite to the Planet, but because you are a Cetra, and you have the blood of the Planet flowing in you; Mako- you can still hear the Planet speak.”

“Do you think Cloud will find you?”

Sephiroth opened his eyes and looked at Aerith. Her light brown hair shimmered in the Lifestream. Her green eyes perfectly matched the surrounding, wondrous void. A smile ran across her face.

“Of course he will. I think the Planet knows what it’s doing.”

Lucrecia walked up to the two as they happily talked of the Planet. Aerith looked up to her and smiled, and she left the two to talk. Lucrecia sat beside Sephiroth. He looked down in shame.

‘What’s wrong my son?’

“I’m worried- I’m worried that I might fail again. What if the hate consumes my soul as it’s done before? Will I be strong enough to fend it off, or will strike me down?”

‘Only your can answer that.’

He looks toward his mother. Her smile gave him all the reassurance he needed. He laid his head on her lap. She gently stroked his hair and hummed a song. Soon Sephiroth was asleep.

‘Rest well my son. You find your destiny. You will find your strength. I know this because I love you.’

A tear ran down her cheek and fell upon Sephiroth’s sleeping eyes. The tear shattered on contact, and as soon as it did he roused from his slumber.

“It feels like I’ve slept for days.” He thought to himself as he rose to his feet.

He looked around to find himself alone. He touched his face and felt the warmth the tear left behind. He smiled as he felt his mother’s love radiate throughout his entire body. He placed his right hand on the Masamune and slowly made his way across the void known as the Lifestream. As Sephiroth walked deeper and deeper into the void he slowly began to vanish.

At the same time Cid and Cloud were in the rocket; ready for take off. Cid named the rocket after the woman who once destroyed his dream to fly into space, but later revived that dream…he named the rocket ‘Shera’. The countdown began, once it reached zero, the engine’s roar could be heard as it started up. The entire town watched with anticipation as the smoke from the start up whisked across Rocket town. Within a few seconds the rocket was off the ground. The town’s dream was finally coming true. Not just the town, but also Cid- Cid’s dream was coming true. The entire town began to shout and cheer as the rocket left their sight. Cid sat in the pilot’s seat.

“My dream’s finally comin’ true.” He smiled to himself as he chewed on a piece of wheat.

Cloud sat in the Co-pilot seat with his eyes closed.

“Don’t worry Aerith, we’ll find you. I promise.”

Soon the ‘Shera’ was out of the Planet’s atmosphere; where it would find unimaginable treasures.

~FIN~

Image <p>"I am the beautiful warrior goddess, look at me the wrong way, and I just might miss my target..."
-Freya Vanir
</p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 6/11/05 17:42

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings