MegaGaera!!!

For artistic creations in text format.

Moderators: KingOfDoma, NebulaQueen

Blaze Yamato Spirit

MegaGaera!!!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:07 pm

Okay, here's the deal: I figure it's easier for MegaGaera to have a new home on the boards than on my site, which is being tinkered (read "maimed") with anyway. So reread the wondrous tale of wonder, wonder, and yet more wonder, and prepare for a new chapter (which is very late in coming, I know....) soon!

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Re: MegaGaera!!!

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:08 pm

<h1><center>Prologue</center></h1>

Our story begins on a tropical island, hidden among a number of similar islands, all uninhabited. It has a volcano on it.

All is dark. The only light around has it’s source in the forks of lightning that sporadically arc across the sky, accompanied by booming thunderclaps, which are muffled by the sounds of rain hitting the rainforest canopy and the earth.

‘Gentlemen – Ladies and gentlemen, I am glad you could all come.’ The voice – low, masculine – originates from a shadowy figure standing at one of the many windows in the hollowed out volcano’s side.

‘Yes, yes, but WHY are we here?’ This second voice has its source in the silhouette of a woman sitting at the long table opposite the window. A number of others sit around and opposite her.

‘Because...because today is the day that the Union of Evil Failed Webcomickers comes into it’s full glory! Why, you ask? HOW, you ask!? Well, ladies and gentlemen, let me show you.’

He walks around the table to the awning on the far side of the room, opposite the window. It is covering a long, bulky shape. The man pulls it away, revealing what looks like a tube with a variety of terminals, wire, and pieces of scrap metal welded on. It is plugged into the mains.

‘This, my friends, is the key to our impending triumph! For this laser can trap webcomickers in their very own webcomics!’

There is a short, embarrassed silence, before the woman speaks again.

‘Is this a joke?’ The sound of tittering echoes hollowly around the chamber.

‘You want proof!? Very well. How about we start with two of our biggest foes? Piro and Largo.’

He taps on a keyboard attached to the side of the laser, whilst whistling an out of key and marginally too slow rendition of “We will rock you”. If it wasn’t so dark we would see the other occupants of the room wincing slightly.

‘There. The targets are set. Shall I begin the demonstration now?’

The answer? A universal “yes”.

And so he pressed the button.

A thin red laser beam erupts from the cannon, passing through the glass of the window and disappearing into the sky beyond. It bounces off an orbiting satellite and plunges towards its destination. A second later the second laser beam is fired.

<center>~~~</center>

Piro shuts down his computer, stretches, and yawns. Once again he has been trying his damndest to update MegaTokyo in time, but tonight he can’t seem to keep his mind on the task. He has an inexplicable sense of foreboding.

He decides it might be a good idea to get some sleep.

And so he isn’t awake to see the red light shining against the night’s sky, coming closer and closer and closer...

Tomorrow morning, and for some time to come, there will be no MegaTokyo update.

<center>~~~</center>

His smile fades as more figures scroll down the monitor’s screen. Something is wrong. Very wrong.

‘Ladies and gentlemen...the cannon is a success. Unfortunately, it appears to have a glitch.’ He waves a hand to quieten the murmurs that spring up at this. ‘It has still accomplished the intended result, but merely changed it slightly. It has sent Piro and Largo to some place called “RPGWW”....’

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:11 pm

<h1><center>Chapter 1</center></h1>

Blaze peered into the gloom beyond the circle of caravans around the campfire, remaining alert while the rest of the hired mercenaries slept on their feet.

Caravan guard – it had been a long time since he’d done anything so mundane. Even his service as one of the many guards at Doma Castle had been more interesting – driving off fallen angels; Will messing with the fabric of time and space, causing sections of the castle to disappear, including – much to Blaze’s consternation at the time, the kitchens<font size=1>[url=#1>1[/url]</font>;][url=#2>2[/url]</font]... Yes, this was definitely nowhere near as interesting.

Blaze was choosing to view this as a holiday. Besides, Fern would probably kill him if he did anything more dangerous right now. <font size=1>[url=#3>3[/url]</font]

He smiled as he thought of Fern. She was a ray of sunshine lighting up the gloom of his life. Meeting her had definitely been a stroke of luck, and had made Blaze’s life interesting again...

The sound of an explosion nearby jolted the mercenary from his thoughts, and he moved further from the light of the fire, standing between two of the caravans. Behind him, guards and merchants stirred at the sound.

And then the wave of compressed air hit him.

It blew him back fully five feet, almost knocking him into the fire –which itself was blown out. Shrieks and cries rang in his ears, and through blurred eyes he watches as a caravan nearby fell on it’s side.

Winded, he staggered to his feet, and –trusting to the hired healer to deal with any wounded – left the camp’s perimeter in the direction of the explosion’s source...

<center>~~~</center>

Piro opened his eyes, blinking away the sleep. He then sat up with a yawn, and rubbed at his eyes blearily. It took a full minute to realise that he could see stars through the dark tree canopy overhead. It took another few seconds to fully register the fact that there was a tree canopy overhead. And as if that wasn’t enough for his tired eyes to gorge on, he finally noticed that he was sitting in the middle of a large crater.

‘UWAH!?!?’

A shadowy form appeared at the crater’s edge, blotting out a goodly portion of the stars. Piro cringed, mad thoughts of who – or what – it might be dashing through his head.

‘D00d, you’re finally up!’

The image of Freddie Krueger forming in Piro’s mind popped. There was no mistaking that voice. Unfortunately.

‘...Largo?’

‘Piro! You gotta see this! 17'$ |_|83R-l337!’

‘What is it this time, a dented nickel?’ Taking a quick look round his current location, Piro decided he had very little to gain by staying, so he clambered out of the crater and took in his surroundings.

‘Pinch me, I’m dreaming...’

<center>~~~</center>

Common sense would have told Blaze to stay at the camp, for it was unlikely they’d stay here now, and even less likely that they’d wait for him to return. But sometimes, in the hidden dark places of our minds, we decide that common sense is for other people.

And so it was that Blaze came across the hill in the middle of the forest, emerging like a hulking behemoth from the tree canopy sea.

He saw by the cold light of the stars two figures at the top of the hill; one standing very still, and the other dancing round the first like a drunken man. The mercenary could hear faint cries, which sounded like “leet”...

Blaze peered out from between the trees. All evidence pointed to this place being the source of the explosion. There was nothing for it – curiosity had got the better of him. Throwing caution to the winds, he left the cover of the trees and began making his way up the hill.

<center>~~~</center>

‘Should we run?’ Asked Largo in a rare “I occupy the same world as you” moment.

‘There’s no point’. Replied Piro, ‘It’s not as if we have a clue where to run to. He might be friendly...’

‘Yeah’, said Largo, narrowing his eyes. ‘Or he might be a zombie horde, coming to 347 0|_|2 8|241|\|z!’

Piro didn’t dignify that comment with an answer.

<center>~~~</center>

Blaze was halfway up the hill now, and closing on the two figures fast. He could now see that they were humanoids of the male persuasion, and appeared to be clad in their undergarments only.

<center>~~~</center>

Piro watched Blaze’s ascent with increasing fear, not least of all because the mercenary had a rifle slung across his back and a pistol holster at his left thigh. It was hard to make out details like colours in the dark, but it seemed a good guess that his hair – which was pulled back in a ponytail that reached his waist – was blonde. The man was decidedly bish.<font size=1>[url=#4>4[/url]</font]

He was a mere five metres away when he stopped, looking at the two of them calculatingly. It was Largo that broke the uneasy silence.

‘D00d! He has Spock ears!’

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:12 pm

<h1><center>Chapter 2</center></h1>

Fern hummed to herself as she turned the page of the copy of ”The ins and outs of Shadow Magic” she had found in the house’s library. Apparently the previous owner – a pirate, of all people – had been a cosmopolitan reader.

She sighed and put the book down. Magical theory was all well and good if you wanted to keep all of your body parts in the right place and prevent one of each of your pairs of socks bursting aflame, but that didn’t mean it wasn’t boring. Many lusters-after-knowledge took one look at theory books and decided that shovelling shit down on Uncle’s farm did have a certain charm after all.

Fern knew what the problem was – she missed Blaze. They had contemplated the idea of both of them taking the caravan job, but had decided against it on the grounds that they would only distract one another. Privately neither of them thought that that would be such a bad thing...

And of course Blaze wouldn’t hear of her roughing it in the wilderness while he stayed at home, and the fact that they didn’t need the money held no water with him. Although he wouldn’t admit it, Fern knew that Blaze was finding it hard to adjust to living in luxury. Truth be told, she sometimes had cause to doubt that he had even fully registered the fact that the two of them were now married. Regardless, he thought the world of her, and that was all that mattered.

There was a flash and a popping noise. Fern looked up, startled. In front of her was what appeared to be a boy in his early teens, with ebony skin and pure white hair and eyes. He wore a pair of baggy white trousers.

‘Who are you?! Why are you in my house?!’

The boy winced.

‘Sorry. Sorry. Miscalculated. I was supposed to materialise outside. If it helps I can try again? No. By the look on your face I see that it won’t. I am !Xiaman, and I am here to talk to you about Blaze.’

The expression of shock on Fern’s face transformed into one of fear.

‘Why? Where is he? Is he alright?’

‘He is. For now. But a momentous event has occurred – people are on Gaera whom don’t belong here, and their coming sets an ancient prophecy in motion. And Blaze has just become entangled in it’s web.’

‘Why are you telling me this!?’

‘Because he may need you, and I am going to take you to him.’

Then everything went black...

KingOfDoma
Guess Who It Is?

Unread postby KingOfDoma » Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:12 pm

MORE. <p>--------------------
"Life is pain. Anyone who says otherwise is selling something." - The Dread Pirate Roberts

... frik, that's morbid.</p>

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:13 pm

<h1><center>Chapter 3</center></h1>

Kelne drummed his fingers on the desk in growing irritation. He had been waiting for a full five minutes for a damned sandwich, and not a single slice of bread had yet to show itself! This was a disgrace! Action must be taken! Grabbing hold of the speaking tube, he bellowed down it in a fit of rage.

‘MS. DARPE!’

Ms. Darpe, sitting at her desk outside the office, could hear that well enough without the speaking tube. She raised her own end to her mouth.

‘You don’t have to shout sir. And you’re supposed to say “over” once you’ve finished speaking...sir?’

Kelne was still holding the tube by his mouth, wondering why it was producing a tinny sound.

With a sigh, Ms. Darpe stood and opened the office door, walking through.

‘Would you like to go over how the speaking tube works again, sir?

‘I know very well how it works!’ Kelne snapped. ‘Ms. Darpe, my sandwich has yet to materialise!

‘What sandwich, sir?’

‘The one I ordered five minutes ago!’

‘You didn’t, sir.’

‘I did so! I picked up the speaking tube like so, and – ah.’ Kelne had realised that the black tube he had taken from his junk-strewn desk was not, in fact, the speaking tube.

‘Perhaps you should clear up your desk, sir. Someone else can build the Stellar Laser Array, surely?’

‘Certainly not!’ Kelne spluttered, ‘I am a hands on villain!’

Ms. Darpe raised an exquisitely plucked eyebrow, flicked her astonishingly silky black hair, crossed a pair of perfect legs, and drummed her finely manicured fingers on Kelne’s desk.

<center>~~~</center>

The two cowled figures looked up at the sign. It read “Kelne’s Secret Base”. Hastily painted beneath that were the words “of Evil”, and even lower “and Doom” was scrawled.
Next to this was another sign, pointing to the “Forest of Explosive Death Frogs”.

‘Are you sure we have to do this?’ Said the first, a female by the sounds of her voice.

‘Listen, in their own webcomic Piro and Largo wouldn’t have been noticed. This is a strange webcomic – they’re bound to be noticed by someone! So yes, it was necessary to find a way to reverse the process so we could get in, hire ourselves a killer, and get out again safely.’ Replied the other, who sounded male.

‘A simple “yes” would have sufficed.’

‘Sorry, it’s the whole webcomic vibe, I guess. Anyway. Onward.’

<center>~~~</center>

Kelne licked his lips nervously.

‘Er, ah...’ He mumbled.

Looking at him questioningly, Ms. Darpe uncrossed and re-crossed her legs again. Kelne began sweating. He didn’t know how she had changed that into such an erotic action, but what he did know was that she had. By gods, she had. He wondered if it was the shifting of her – No! He would not get distracted from his plans...

‘Er...Ms. Darpe, how are the newly recruited Evil Minions progressing?’

‘In terms of general boot-licking and undertaking of menial duties that are beneath you, sir, they’ve all become sexperts.’

Kelne blinked furiously.

‘Er... I beg your pardon?’

‘I said they’ve all become experts, sir.’

‘Right...that’s what I thought...’

<center>~~~</center>

The two figures had come across another sign. It said “Oops, silly us. Actually, Kelne’s Secret Base is back that way, where we said the forest was. Sorry for any inconvenience, have a nice day!” It was a big sign.

They looked at each other, then turned and walked back the way they had come.

<center>~~~</center>

‘Sir, are you ogling my breasts?’

‘Hmm?’ Kelne’s gaze didn’t move.

‘You know sir, just because I have a tendency to wear skimpy and revealing dresses around the workplace as if I’m desperate and gagging for it, that doesn’t necessarily mean that I’m not in a loving relationship.’

‘Hmm? Er...what’s your point?’

‘That you should probably take your hand off my thigh, sir.’

‘Oh, er, sorry.’ Kelne removed his wandering digits. ‘Er...are you in a relationship, then?’

‘No.’

<center>~~~</center>

The cowled figures were now trekking through a forest. They came across another sign.

It read “Gotcha”.

They heard a rustling underfoot, and something croaked.

‘Oh, bugger...’

<center>~~~</center>

‘You know’, said Ms. Darpe, when the explosion had died down, ‘I sometimes wonder if your choice of method for deterring door-to-door salesmen is entirely wise...’

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:14 pm

<h1><center>Chapter 5</center></h1>

Minion number forty seven yawned and leaned back in his chair, settling in for another exquisitely dull day on front desk duty. He was confident that today would be no different to any other day – noone would be walking through the door, wanting to see the boss.

He was right.

~~~

Minion number eighty three yawned and leaned back in his chair, settling in for another exquisitely dull day on front desk duty. He was confident that today would be no different to any other day – noone would be walking through the door, wanting to see the boss.

He was right also.<font size=1>[url=#1>1[/url]</font]

~~~

Minion number thirty nine yawned and leaned back in his chair, settling in for another exquisitely dull day on front desk duty. He was confident that today would be no different to any other day – noone would be walking through the door, wanting to see the boss.

He was wrong.

For, just as he was settling in and was in the process of brewing some tea, two people entered through the main door. Their cowled cloaks appeared blackened and charred, and the one on the right was walking with a definite limp.

Minion number thirty nine frowned and licked his lips nervously. He hadn’t got a clue as to what he should do – for as he was aware, this was unprecedented. So, he decided to continue doing what he always did, and ignore this pair of unwanted intrusions as best as he could.

With that in mind, he finished making his cup of tea and went back to staring into space.

‘Ahem.’

Twiddling his thumbs, minion number thirty nine span around on his chair a couple of times.

‘Excuse me...’

He began to whistle.

‘EXCUSE ME!’

Minion number thirty nine began singing, loudly and off-key.

‘Ninety nine flagons of dragonale on the wall, ninety nine flagons of dragonale...’

The two cloaked figures looked at eachother, shrugged, looked briefly at the floor plan on the wall behind the desk, then walked through the door into Kelne’s headquarters.

Minion number thirty nine stopped singing. When he was quite sure that they were gone, he took off his helmet, wiped the perspiration from his forehead, took a sip of his tea, and tried to get on with his life.

~~~

Ms. Darpe grimaced. The sounds coming from within Kelne’s office seemed to suggest that there was a small army in there, banging pieces of junk together. Not for the first time, she bemoaned the fact that the boss insisted on having a hand in building his own gadgets. He seemed oblivious to the fact that the boys downstairs could get things done so much quicker without his interference.

Still, he was an interesting person to be around. And she had plans for him. Oh yes indeed, she had plans for Kelne...

‘Excuse me.’

Ms. Darpe looked up, surprised. Standing in front of her were two cloaked and cowled figures.

‘We’d like to see whoever’s in charge around here.’

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Mon Jan 20, 2003 1:15 pm

<h1><center>Chapter 6</center></h1>

It is assumed to be a widely known fact that the world is round, possibly because it is, in truth, a fact known to most of the populace of the world. And, when you think about it, this must be true, because the moon would be hard pressed to orbit around a pizza. This would be all the more difficult because, although we all love the moon dearly (except perhaps the werewolves among us), we must admit that it has never been noted for its intelligence. It prefers to hang around lazily in the night sky than to think.

<center>~~~</center>

The moon hung around lazily in the night sky, and made a point of not thinking at all. It wasn’t the only thing hanging around lazily, of course – mortals have been following the moon’s lead since they first crawled out of the sea and worked out how to evolve<font size=1>[url=#1>1[/url]</font>.]~~~</center>

Twenty-five minutes later, and halfway across the city, Deinar reappeared in a tiny back alley. He began to laugh.

‘Oh, you find it funny, do you?’

Deinar spun on his heel, drawing one of his sabres from its sheath at his left thigh in the same movement.

‘!Xiaman!’ Deinar sheathed his sword as he recognised the ebony skinned child.

‘Deinar, your situation is far from amusing. Those were no mere cutthroats. Somebody wants you dead enough to hire mercenaries and assassins. They’re hidden well enough to confuse even the Warden as to their identity. That suggests a magic user of immense power, a daemon, or even a deity, Deinar.’

‘Those mercenaries and assassins you talk about are bunglers, one and all, !Xiaman. Three out of three attempts so far have failed miserably, as you can see.’ Replied Deinar, amusement still in his tone.

‘Sooner or later, they’ll send one who’ll be your match. Either that or they’ll come for you themselves. Then it won’t be you that will laugh.’

‘Alright, alright. I know. Was there something else, or can Igo?’

‘The Warden wishes to speak to you. Immediately.’ As !Xiaman spoke a glowing white portal formed behind Deinar in the centre of the alleyway. ‘After you.’

Deinar stepped through, and !Xiaman followed. Immediately the portal closed, leaving no trace that it ever existed.

<center>~~~</center>

‘Damn, damn, damnitall!’

Once again, his efforts had failed. The one they called Deinar, instrumental as he was to many of the Warden’s efforts, had been a thorn in his side for far too long. And yet he could not eliminate him!

Calm. Think about this rationally.

It was vital that the prophecy came to pass unhindered. The wardens must never discover the key to preventing it, and eliminating Deinar would at least hinder that discovery, if not prevent it. Perhaps he was going about this the wrong way.... Maybe he could instead eliminate the warden that guarded the catalyst, and take the prophecy into his own hands...

The idea definitely had the right kind of fiendishness to it...

Well, it was worth a shot, at the very least.

He waved a hand and out of the shadows appeared Aigun, his elderly retainer.

‘Aigun, please fetch me some paper and a pen. I have a letter to write.’

‘At once, sir.’

<center>~~~</center>

In the very centre of a swirling maelstrom of colour and noise was a cylindrical chamber where complete and utter silence reigned. Here, on a plane detached from all other planes save at the whim of its master, the Warden made his home.

In the centre of the chamber, atop a raised platform, a white portal formed. Out of it stepped Deinar and !Xiaman, and then it dissipated.

‘Now this is the bit I always hate.’ Deinar said, grinning. ‘Which set of stairs to choose, eh?’

They were indeed spoiled for choice – no fewer than eight set of spiral stairs led down from the large circular platform. No sooner had he spoken however, than seven disappeared, leaving the one directly ahead of him.

Shrugging, Deinar began walking down, followed by !Xiaman.

‘I always think it’d be more fun to have a slide, don’t you?’ Commented Deinar.

Immediately the steps beneath their feet disappeared, replaced by a smooth ramp. Deinar fell heavily onto his backside and slid all the rest of the way down. ‘!Xiaman, after a moment of unbalance, levitated himself down in a dignified manner
‘Warden!’ !Xiaman called. ‘I really think you should make an appearance before Deinar cripples himself.’

In the blink of an eye a shadowy cowled figure, wreathed in mist, stood before Deinar, who raised the index and middle fingers of his right hand to his left breast, in the warden’s salute.

‘Deinar. It is good that you live, despite the assassination attempts. I confess I worried about the last one.’ The Warden’s voice was at once like the sighing of the wind and the spitting of fire, like the calm of the earth and the franticness of the sea, as soothing as silk and as grating as sandpaper. It echoed as though within a cavern, and seemed to originate not from the Warden, but within Deinar’s head.

‘I saw the dragonkin following me by air. Well, more correctly I saw when his shadow blocked some of the moon’s light.’

‘Good. Alert as always. Thankfully, you are alive, so proceedings should now go quite smoothly.’

‘May I ask what proceedings these might be?’

‘A prophecy has been set in motion. We seek to prevent it. I need you to go over the prophecy to see if it mentions a means of doing so.’

‘Sure thing. What’s the prophecy?’

‘I’ll tell you the first part.

“Two who come from the US of A,

Will find and open a portal door,

And twilight daemons once bound by the fey,

Will rule this planet ever more.”’

The hair’s at the back of Deinar’s neck stood on end.

‘That’s one of Zutriev’s!’

‘Indeed.’

‘But they were thought to be the babbling of a madman. If this one is a true prophecy, then...damn! Compared to the others, this one is positively pleasant!’

‘And yet,’ said !Xiaman, ‘it is still something we cannot let come to pass, Deinar.’

‘You’re right. I’ll begin immediately. Have you got anyone looking for the catalysts?’

‘Blaze has already found them.’ Replied the Warden. ‘His wife is with him.’

‘Good. They’re both quite capable of holding their own. It might be wise to consider sending them a little backup, though. Just in case.’

Edited by: Blaze Yamato Spirit&nbsp; Image at: 1/24/03 5:19:16 pm

Uncle Pervy

Unread postby Uncle Pervy » Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:32 pm

Need to turn on your HTML, Blaze.

Also, given the nature of the fic, try not to be too serious. This last chapter seems in danger of such. And give us more Kelne, Dammit! I want more Kelne! Image !

<p><div style="text-align:center">Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage</div></p>

Blaze Yamato Spirit

Unread postby Blaze Yamato Spirit » Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:17 pm

ONOING DANGER CHAPTER!

>.> Really, that chapter is just setting other stuff up for future chapters, which is why it really is not comical. At all. :{

EDIT: And Kelne will appear again in Chapter 8.

Edited by: [url=http://pub30.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=blazeyamatospirit>Blaze]&nbsp; Image at: 1/24/03 5:27:01 pm

Banjooie

Unread postby Banjooie » Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:12 am

It is assumed to be a widely known fact that the world is round, possibly because it is, in truth, a fact known to most of the populace of the world. And, when you think about it, this must be true, because the moon would be hard pressed to orbit around a pizza. This would be all the more difficult because, although we all love the moon dearly (except perhaps the werewolves among us), we must admit that it has never been noted for its intelligence. It prefers to hang around lazily in the night sky than to think.

That is SO terry Pratchett. I approve. o.o

Firnthuleien

Unread postby Firnthuleien » Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:19 pm

*pokes in hopes that Ross won't forget it* n_n I wanna see what happens! n_n;;

Image <p><div style="text-align:center">"You know child, I have a saying that may or may not help with your situation...Life is like a painting; You choose what goes on the easel, but sometimes you don't know what colors are on your palet...The only thing to do is dip the brush in and try it..." ~Antoneo Rodriguez (My character, so make your own philosophical remarks XD)</div></p>Edited by: [url=http://p068.ezboard.com/brpgww60462.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pdrydia>pd]&nbsp; Image at: 6/11/05 16:58

Return to Fanfiction and Other Writings